April 13th, 2010

'True Blood's' leading men get personal

pic1HBO is home to three of the hottest men on TV, only one of which has a pulse - figures.

“True Blood’s” leading men - who appear on the cover of Details this month - share their pasts, their presents and how life has changed since donning fangs.

Stephen Moyer, 40, who plays vampire Bill Compton, said HBO is responsible for his relationship with fiancée and costar Anna Paquin, 27.

"[HBO] put us in these hotel suites, and we hung out for a while and got to know each other,” Moyer said. The attraction was there, so it was a matter of whether we acted on it or not."

Alexander Skarsgård, 33, is not new to fame. The pretty face behind vampire Eric Northman was a child star in Sweden before venturing to New York. pic2His father, film star Stellan Skarsgård, is also no stranger to the spotlight.

"At the age of 12, he had girls standing outside the house,” Stellan said. “They would ask his younger brother Gustaf to let them in, and sometimes it worked."

“True Blood’s” token mortal, Jason Stackhouse - played by Ryan Kwanten - doesn’t leave much to the imagination for viewers.

"I'm very comfortable with my body,” Kwanten said of his frequent carnal activity on the series.

"My parents have seen the show. My mom walked in on me a few times when I was living at home - you know, caught in the act. She's seen me in uncompromising [sic] positions before.”

pic3

Post by:
Filed under: Stephen Moyer • television • True Blood

1. melina

STEPHEN MOYER IS A "PAPI CHULO"

April 17, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Aimers

Gets the blood goin...LOVE ERIC!!! Been a fan of Stephens work for a long time....he plays Bill perfectly!! This is by far the best TV out there. Can't wait for the new season!!!

April 16, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. nichole

i am a HUGE fan of the show Eric makes my heart race, hes the only in my age group :)... HOTNESS!!!!

April 16, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Vjulia

The best show in the world!! June can't come soon enough!! These boys can bite me any day!

April 15, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. DJ Roomba

Ellen DeGeneres adopts dogs then throws them out on the street and looks like the kid from Dennis the Menace grown up. True Blood is a good show (but this article is a little flimsy-wristed). RA-RA-RA-RAAAAAAAANDY!!!!!!

April 15, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. Matt

Women are so pathetic.

April 15, 2010 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  7. laflor

Definitely agree-Sam and Lafayette are missing here! Can't wait until June! (Season 3 starts in June- Angel Arnold)

April 15, 2010 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jason

Sam Trammel should be on this list.

April 15, 2010 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. Angel Arnold

will someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let meknow if they have already started season 3....I am in Germany and going CRAZY!!!!
    I love the men of True Blood.....Lafayette IS a REAL nice mug of hot chocolate as well!

April 15, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dean

I here the Bourgeois Gypsies have some song on the upcoming season, can;t wait

April 15, 2010 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  11. Michelle

I can not wait for June to hurry up and come. I am dying to see the new series and all the hot male bodies. True Blood is number 1 in my bood.

April 14, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. teelo_boo

I agree! Where are Sam, Hoyt, and Lafayette (with his smoking bod)?

April 14, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ryan

So where are all the feminists and self hating guys who can't get fun women scolding us and them for our hedonism, while reminding us that it's about the intellect and personality.

If you want a sample of the hilarious double standard, there is a story about a lady from "American Idol" posing in a magazine (allure or something) where the feminists and Lame Guys of America came out in force to admonish.

April 14, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. americano

Damn!!!
    How about some Latino's

April 14, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. GREG

Where is EGG? I know he died last season but THAT is what I call a MAN!

April 14, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Mamacita

ERIC is so so so so so hot....

April 14, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  17. lynne

That darn Alexander is all I am saying....Makes you want Eric to bite you....LOL...LOL...LOL...

April 14, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Laura

Sam is the man! But I guess the nice guy finishes last.

April 14, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Holly

Next season, Alcide (Joe Manganiello), is going to have lots of us women changing "Teams." I'm "Team Eric" all the way, but Alcide is just TOO HOT!!!

Alan Ball, if you're listening, quit taking so many liberties with Charlaine's books. If you want to write your own story, go ahead! Remember the days of General Hospital's Luke & Laura? Eric & Sookie belong together. Stop with the Bill nonsense...

April 14, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  20. chai_girl

Yeah, where is Lafayette and Sam? Their publicists need to get on the ball!

April 14, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Debbie

Eric is uber hot, but NONE will beat the beautiful Godric.... NONE

April 14, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Katrina

Please tell me CNN doesn't consider the bizarre use of quotation marks around the term "True Blood's'" [sic] inclusive of the possessive for some bizarre reason in the headline and article, above, is characteristic of correct, or even regular, usage? Come on people, you can do better. If you're not sure how to do it properly, write your sentence around it, like the folks at Details did.

April 14, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jenickki

To narrow this down to just 3 men. Ah, much eye candy on that show. I agree where is Sam. I love him!! As for the male nudity...it's a nice welcome change. I do have to hand it to HBO, though. Nudity has never been an issue for male or female with their shows.

April 14, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Carol

I doubt very highly anyone will be afraid to visit Louisiana for fear of vampires! You're joking, right? Twilight sure hasn't hurt Forks, Washington.

April 14, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Joie

Love. I love these men. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Not sure if I said that enough...Good God...

Love.

April 14, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  26. maxx

Lafayette is the best character in the series, and while I'm sure all of these guys are cool, my wife digs Sam, and Steven Moyer is a HORRIBLE actor ... please for gods sake follow the books and get Sookie with Eric ... Eric is the man.

April 14, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Felicia

Ryan is super hot! WOW! I'd dip in vanilla anytime for that!

April 14, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  28. smirg

Mmm mmm good! But I wish they would turn that hard-boiled Eggs into a vamp. Now THAT is a fine brotha'! Poor Tara.

Hot boys...it's the only reason I watch!

April 14, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Charles W.

got caught by his mom? yikes...sounds pretty yucky to me...but these being celebs in la la land...figures.

April 14, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Heather Stokes

WHYYYY are the pictures so SMALL? lol

April 14, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  31. Portia

Where is Andy Bellefleur? This is just not a good list....

April 14, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  32. Amanda

Well, this article was a let-down.

April 14, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  33. Nick

Yeah I agree, I think Hoyt and Godric are hotter than the ones listed. :D

April 14, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  34. Rondo

Steve, I did look online and saw some advertisements for the true blood drink, though it is not blood or blood products. So, vampires could not live off it. That means they would have to have some other means of surviving, and I just dont think they could without a supply of blood. We would have heard about it by now and I have not read about it on the internet either. I just dont want people to be afraid of coming to visit Louisiana because they think vampires live there.

April 14, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  35. Steve

"I think the show is great too...though it is not based on true events. I just hope people dont think that vampires are real and don't think they live in Louisiana. You can tell its fake too, because they don't sell that blood drink in any stores, because I looked."

You can buy the true blood drink online, so your theory about vampires not being real is probably wrong as well :op .

April 14, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  36. LadyVA

Rondie,

I think people would know if they looked into this show, that it is based on a fictional book series by Charlaine Harris. If people are stupid enough to believe its real, I say let them ;)

April 14, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  37. LadyVA

Love Alex as Eric... no one else could play that part with such sensuality yet cruelty.. I really cannot WAIT till him and Sookie get together, that will be just awesome! Though I will be jealous ;)

April 14, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  38. Frankie

Sam Trammell who plays Sam Merlotte, Nelsan Ellis who plays Lafayette Reynolds and Jim Parrack who plays Hoyt Fortenberry need to be added to this list! I know there's probably a limit to who gets listed in these articles but all of these fellas are hot hot hot! The new fella who plays the werewolf in Season 3 is pretty cute too! True Blood is one of the best shows running and I can't wait for Season 3! Woo Hoo!

April 14, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  39. Head Diva In Charge

All these guys are hotties, as well as the 3 reasons why I watch this show!

April 14, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  40. Jessica

both men and women are hot naked.....these three men are gorgeous. as for the guy who said there is too much male nudity, you need to relax. women need some eye candy too. jeez

April 14, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  41. Deb

Where is Lafayette? The drink is in stores...I've seen in "Atlanta".

April 14, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  42. Rondo

April 14, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • guest

then u r not looking in the right place. i have purchased a 4 pk @ my local f.y.e store. they r damn good

June 8, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Laura Nelson

Better do a Part Two with Sam, Lafayette, and Hoyt! Best wishes to
    Anna Paquin and Steven Moyer.

April 14, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  44. Davee

yes, have to say, these guys are delicious, but, Sam, well, he definitely deserves some credit too...

April 14, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  45. babygyrl23

OMG these men are sooooo delicious!!! i love true blood ! cant wait for JUNEEEEEEEEEEEE! SAM is def missing here ! hes a hottie also!

April 14, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  46. Darrell

Where's Lafayette?

April 14, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  47. Shirlgirl

I just love these guys on HBO's True Blood...the vampires, especially. I'm 70 yrs old, and I still hope to get bitten by one sometime!

April 14, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  48. Jill

LOVE IT...HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

April 14, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  49. Tantrum

These men are so delicious!

April 14, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  50. BMA

LOVE LOVE LOVE the show...and the guys, can't wait for the next season!!!

April 14, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  51. RS

Yeah where are Sam, Hoyt, and Lafayette ? Eric Northman is the hottest friggin' vampire, since his maker Godric. I have a pic of him on my computer laying in bed his upper half exposed, the rest of him covered in a sheet, and I had to close out the picture for fear of hyperventilation. lol ! I also have a picture of Sookie and Bill together, where Sookie had just been bitten by Bill. Very hot picture ! This show to me is the best show on HBO. Big Love and Hung come in 2nd and 3rd respectively. One of the best shows on tv period !

April 14, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  52. Tara Tillman

I agree. Where is Lafayette? He is a nice mug of hot chocolate!!!!

April 14, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  53. Monique

Um, Excuse me? Where is Hoyt with his succulent LIPS and great EYES?

April 14, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  54. Rondo

I love lamp!

April 14, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  55. Dawn

I for one would be more than happy to have any of these boy toys to play with. Yummy. Can't get enough of this eye candy.

April 14, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  56. Holly

I agree....VERY disappointed that Sam wasn't in this!!! Next to Eric, he is my second fave!!

April 14, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  57. Debbie

Where is Lafayette? I think he should be included more in the show's hot men whether he plays a gay character or not. It seems he is over looked by the show.

April 14, 2010 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  58. KC

Where's Sam?

April 14, 2010 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
  59. Cris

YUMMMMY

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Lisa

Did he really say "uncompromising"? Oof! At least he's nice to look at....

April 13, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Dani in AZ

men are beautiful nude if they have the right body just like women.

April 13, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Shawn

Way too much male nudity nowadays. WAYYYY too much. Women are beautiful naked. Men... well, men look much better with clothing on.

April 13, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • guest

if you're a man – you got serious issues
      if you're a woman – you got serious issues

both women and men look amazing sans clothing

June 8, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  63. RILEX

I would have no problem whatsoever getting any of those 3 naked at anytime.

April 13, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Me

Oh, they're wearing clothes! I'm so disappointed.

April 13, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  65. James

thought there'd be spoilers......at least the show's getting much deserved attention, even if it is for the pretty faces in the cast.

April 13, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Omaha Reader

HOT HOT HOT!!!... more please...

April 13, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |