April 13th, 2010

Adam Lambert returns to 'Idol'

testing captions
testing captions

Even though I have missed Adam Lambert, I’m not sure how I feel about him returning this season as a mentor.

There are plenty of “Lambs” (fans of Lambert) who are thrilled to bits that he will be back Tuesday night, but there are still others who think it’s an odd choice given the fact that dude has had a career now for all of two minutes.

Yes, I get that he can relate to the contestants and all that they are enduring. Yet on the other hand, he didn’t even win “Idol!”

The show’s executive producer, Ken Warwick, told “Entertainment Weekly” that folks are always asking him to bring Lambert back. And can’t Lambert be counted on to shake things up a bit?

“I sincerely hope so,” Warwick said. “Because the guy is an incredible talent, and he had an incredible following. And it kind of upsets me that at the moment he’s not doing quite as well… [Pauses.] I don’t know what possessed him to do what he did at the AMAs, but he’s still struggling to live it down.”

So Lambert needs “Idol” more than this season needs him? I’m seriously trying to contain my laughter over that one.

As for this year’s crop, I hope the almost dismissal of “Big Mike” Lynche last week inspires the group to work just a little bit harder tonight. Fox hasn’t announced what the theme will be, but the collective guess appears to be the music of Elvis.

Take comfort that if the performances are whack, there’s always the return of “Glee” immediately after "Idol."

1. james

Lambert is such a trash. He dissed Susan Boyle in a so humiliating and arrogant way. This almost 30 year old bonehead is going to ruin his life by his stupid mouth. Whenever I see or hear him, I get bad chills and want to throw up, so I either turn radio or TV off.

April 16, 2010 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. Razor

Just because he puts on make up and acts goofy doesn't make him a star. His song that he choose was what? What was the message in the song. What was the whole thing about with the laser lights and all the fluff. Do you think he needs more make up? He will do better if he would be a head liner for Rue Paul

April 15, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. juliette hachey

Everyone agrees that Adam should had won last year because of his
    voice his talent, and his performances. This is why everyone was
    watching American Idol. Last night, he brought back the largest
    audience so far this year. As a mentor he was super. He knows entertainment and what is like to be a contestant and a winner.
    Because of prejudices, comments like the above article that tries
    to bring him down will never succeed. He will make his marks like
    one the best like MJ and Elvis

April 15, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. Razor

DC is right.What a freak show. Nothing worth listinning to as far words go and the light show I mean come on get a grip.There was more in that than his singing. He was not even in tune and just at the end did what he did before SCREAM. PLEASE!

April 15, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. DC

Adam Lambert = freak show.

April 15, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. Lady Di Florida

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!! Adam has the whole package. Now it just makes the rest of the contestants look even worse. None of them are even close to his level. That's why this season of AI is just so boring. And Elvis night! Don't even get me started. Elvis was a dynamic, dynamic presence with such compassion in his voice! I still have pics of him on my walls & have most of his original albums, so I am an advid fan, and believe me, these kids just killed every one of his songs... I just don't know why they can't FEEL what they're singing... it's like they don't know what "emotion" is or how to create it. Simon was right when he said they sound like a night out doing Karoke. Sad, because they all have such nice to great voices, but just don't know how to use their talent..Oh well, maybe next year out of all of those thousands & thousands of contestants trying out, they can manage to find singers who are alive & can sing with conviction..

April 15, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. Natalie

Look here, I've seen Adam perform live and he is by far the BEST and MOST talented singer/performer in a VERY LONG time!!! I also was able to meet him & get his autograph. He is a very down-to-earth and friendly guy. This is not about him being gay or about the AMA performance. Adam Lambert is destined to be a HUGE success. And he is well on his way already. The guy is phenomenal!! All haters, just step aside. Because you all honestly don't know what you are talking about.

April 14, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Wendy

Great, interesting show with Adam on last night. He gave GREAT advice and most listened to him. Adam is a huge talent and is upcoming. I loved the honestly he had with all the Idols. He's been there and I think that was so believeable. Better than most they have had on. Actually the best yet! Plus tonight he sings. Yhea for us! I love Adam and I have him over for dinner!

April 14, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. Just A Thought

john316 – your also right! Adam is just a desperate attempt to get viewers back to AI; and create some interest in the show!

April 14, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  10. Just A Thought

Adam Fan – your absolutley right! Adam lost cause he failed to keep his personal life and views personal. When he came out – his chances to win were done!

To the rest – yeah he has been performing since 10 – but what exactly? Peter Pan and Charlie Brown! Yup, awesome performances I'm sure! But hardley anything that qualifies him as mentor, or some great entertainer! Platinum albums!! Not even close! Gold albums – not even close there either! Thats according to wickpedia. Maybe there outdated who knows. But Adam is clearly not the performer we saw last year!

BTW – yes, Adam does need AI, and AI needs another Adam, just not the same one! Of course he is promoting his album, He needs the sales. Any performer would do this.

April 14, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  11. john316

I think the fact that all the people commenting here is "the point", and the producers are well aware of it....

April 14, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  12. Head Diva In Charge

I thought he gave great advice. It's also great to see someone who just went through it giving the advice & being on that stage. Lambert – you rock!

April 14, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. thetruth1028

No doing well?? You're kidding right??? Last I checked Adam is doing quite well...FYE did well and Whataya Want from me is steadily climbing the charts. Tickets for his world tour are selling out too! How bout Kris Allen, Rueben, Taylor etc etc?? Bottom line Adam is one of if not the best Idol ever!! And is the only reason I watched last night's show.

April 14, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. Adam Fan

For all the ones making the comments on why did Adam not win if he was the best?
    We all know the answer, Adam is way more talented than Kris, he has better vocals and performance as well, is a more rounded artist. He did not win because he was too out there for the majority that voted, the rumors of him being gay had come out and all that led to vote for the safe choice that was Kris. Now, don't get me wrong I think that Kris is good but he is not better than Adam he just matched the boy next door criteria which is what the majority prefers. Best of luck for both of them 🙂

April 14, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  15. ATlian

Adam was wonderful last night. Gave those boring contestants such great advice which they just don't have the "IT" factor to perform. So Adam "lost" Ameican Idol huh? So why is he selling twice as many cd's as the "winner"? Get real.

April 14, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  16. Paul Hatfield

Lambert SHOULD ahve won last year....what a farce that he didn't!

April 14, 2010 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  17. Erik

Well, hope you're happy now...best guest mentor of the season!

April 14, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  18. ohlisa

Two minutes??? TWO MINUTES????

Oh lisa (yes you deserve a small L), I've read your article for less than that time and you sure come off as knowing so much.................not.

April 14, 2010 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  19. Scarlett

I loved seeing Adam on AI tonight. I haven't watched AI this season because of the voting controversy on Season 8. I only watched tonight because of Adam. Adam gave constructive criticism and advice to each Contestant but not all of them took the advice. It is for this reason that Andrew will be voted off tomorrow night. I thought Lee improved his performance by a mile and loved it when he gave Adam props afterwards. If anyone wants to see what a live performance should be like, tune in tomorrow night. Adam will be performing and he will not disappoint. RIP American Idol, but thank you for introducing millions of people to Adam Lambert.

April 13, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  20. BB

Adam was a fantastic mentor on Idol tonight. It was a great move by AI to invite him to be the first alum to mentor. Congrats Adam!

April 13, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  21. beth

he tried his darndest. this years crop is soooo drooopy. he told everyone of them to perk up... MOVE. did they? nope. there's no hope for this season. the show climaxed with Adam. it can go away now!!!

April 13, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  22. OZSPENCERS

..ADAM IS AN INTERNATIONAL STAR!!!....he is adored in countries
    all over the world! ADAM has hit platinum and gold and is rocketing the charts everywhere overseas......and I really don't think the U.S. have any idea what's happening! He is a spectacular entertainer with
    amazing stage presence and a voice that melts!......and when it comes to 'stuggling'....that must be a PR Strategy for the U.S............
    where people need to know what century it is!!!! You guys need so much more glitter because the world is already covered in it..thanks
    to ADAM!

April 13, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Marian

Adam did a super job of mentoring this week. He immediately zoned in on the contestants weaknesses and strengths as performers/singers . His advice and encouragement was to the point and spot on. Improvement was noticeable in many of their performances after working with Adam. Adam's theatre and cabaret experience and as a solo singer more than qualified Adam as a mentor and he exhibited that experience tonight. Vocally, Adam is the best, strongest and sensitive singer that has ever been on AI and he was also their most innovative, creative and experienced performer. Adam deserves every accolade and success that comes his way. I cannot heap enough praise and love on this talented beautiful young man.

April 13, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jada

Adam did a good job offering real advice and NOT only cheerleading like other trainers.

Adam managed to give even Ryan a lesson of high class, style and sophistication. I think something was not quite good with Ryan tonight (did you hear Ryan’s remark about Adam’s tongue?).

Do I need to mention that Adam looked amazing good and beautiful, as always?!

I can’t wait until tomorrow! I really miss Adam's presence on LIVE TV>

April 13, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Joanie

What a joke, Adam not doing quite so well, is he joking ?? Adam is the best thing to happen this season so far, infact all the contestants did better tonight, taking the advice of Adam........I really hate liars.....

April 13, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Island Jewel

Lisa are you for real? Adam is and will always be a winner. & what a great mentor he was. You should do your research before you make assumptions when you don't even begin to know what you're talking about. For your information Adam is highly respected & loved. He doesn't need your negativity. He's doing very well for himself & is already a star. The AMAs is in the past so let it go & by the way, his performance on the AMAs was fantastic. I'ts an honour for American Idol to have Adam as a mentor. Keep on rocking Adam!!

April 13, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  27. LauraSpencer

ADAM you so rock!!! SMILING here... Loved the l0:00 p.m. show ****
    LOVE THE NEW ALBUM..... Can't wait to see you tonight on IDOL.....
    Elvis would be proud of you! Don't ever stop singing your going number
    1 around the world ADAM LOVE YOU LAURA SPENCER

April 13, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Lulu

Thank you american idol for bringing back the TRUE IDOL. Adam did wonders to the contestants tonight-simply love him!!!

April 13, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Kaylan

I have NO IDEA why any girl would swoon over him! He doesn't like girls so when he is singing those love songs, it doesn't make me respect him. It's like a lie. I just go "Eww!"
    The ONLY reason he became popular of late was due to his "coming out" news. Gay is so "in" on tv, that is the only reason he is doing so well and getting tv appearances.

April 13, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  30. jack gibb

adam has imagination which the contestants seem to be lacking in.

April 13, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jo Ellen Roberto

He should have won American Idol.

April 13, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  32. christine

I am just thrilled with glee at Adam's return to Idol tonight. Adam and his talent just held up a mirror to AI's face and showed the world what a sham AI is. God bless you, Adam, although I don't need to say that, as it's already so obvious that we are the ones blessed with Adam.

April 13, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  33. DL

This is simple...american idol (no caps intended) has failed because of lame moves like this. Lambert's a loser day one. Comes down to money. Would you PAY to see this act? Would you PAY to play his dribble on your home? Also, consider tha Paula and Simon have been the only two valid judges in the shows history. They might not be great, but they at least have some validity. Randy's just Randy. The other two whats-her-names, tell you what..let's call them nail #1 and nail #2 in the idol coffin are a joke. Who am I? I'm someone who used to love the show and now loathes the show. RIP...and good riddance...'bout time.

April 13, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Soozin

This is the first week all season that I'm actually looking forward to watching American Idol and that is 100% because of Adam Lambert. At this point I don't care how many CDs he has or has not sold, in how many countries he is gold or platinum. I know what he does on a stage and what he does to a song. I know how fresh and new he makes it each time. I know this because I've seen him perform live 5 times, twice on the Idols tour and 3 times since his album was released and every time is something special and different because he is not just a singer, he is a SHOWMAN and showmanship is something sorely lacking on AI this season. That is something Adam can help these contestants with, if they will listen and heed what he tells them. I've never seen anyone capitvate an audience and dominate a stage quite the way Adam Lambert does. I think I'll just dub him the Yoda of AI9.

April 13, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Nikki

Lisa I totally agree with you. Adam Lambert has had one, maybe two songs since Idol last year and his record hasn't sold that well. Yes, he has been there before so maybe that will be helpful to talk to someone who went through it.... but like someone else said, he didn't even win.... Idol has gone sooo far downhill this year. They said in the beginning they had so much talent but they have completely fallen flat. With Miley Cyrus and Adam Lambert, I am totally disappointed in Idol.... yet I can't stop watching!

April 13, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Adrian Cronauer

Wow, what rock was I under? I just read somewhere that Lambert and Manson got married (in Vermont) and intended to ask Siobhan Magnus to be a surrogate mother for their offspring. It works out great because collectively the three of them combined have 62 chromosomes!

Does anyone know what 62 chromosomes will get you? 😉

April 13, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  37. tj

It all boils down to the fact that Adam did not win. No matter how some may want to rewrite history, it will never be.

April 13, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Rachie

Oh, shut up!

😉

April 13, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  39. jimmy8

the night Miley Cyrus was mentor was an absolute joke. This should turn out to be the same.

April 13, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Okay

Me too. A lot of us have missed Adam Lambert. Idol included.

April 13, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Pam

That Adam needs Idol more than Idol needs Adam is a serious laughfest.

Adam is new to a recording career, and doing very well indeed, but he also has 18 years of stage and vocal training that has produced one heck of an exciting entertainer. He'll be a tremendous inspiration to this batch of kids.

The Best thing that ever happened to Idol was Adam Lambert as a Season8 contestant, and the other Best thing that ever happened to Idol was Adam Lambert as mentor/performer on Season9.

April 13, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jess

Adam Lambert is Uber talented and has been a professional performer for years and years. Can't wait to see him help the other less experienced idol contestants. Especially can't wait for Wednesday when Adam Lambert sings. He is the most gifted singer I have ever heard. If you haven't heard his Album For Your Entertainment then go out there and either download or buy the cd..it's FANtastic!!!

April 13, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Leigh

OH, please! The guy has a voice for the ages. He's a media magnet. Love him or hate him you can't take your eyes off him – he's a performing genius. He's a great guy and is grateful to Idol for giving an out gay a chance. Four of the S9 contestants said how great a mentor he was and Casey James noted how wonderful it was to have someone who knew all about the travails of going through this wringer. Love the guy.

April 13, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Chris

I am so looking forward to his return. I've missed him.

April 13, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Mark

http://twitpic.com/1fefgt Nuff said.

April 13, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Anne

Adam Lambert has been in this business since he was 10 years old. he is MORE than qualified to mentor this season's lack luster group. just ask the season 8 contestants who it was they constantly went to for advice..... yep, Camp Counselor – Adam Lambert

April 13, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Dee12

This article looks thrown together and the author's statement about the extent of Adam Lambert's professional experience is totally without credibility. Try researching next time.

April 13, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  48. sam

OMG ADAM is on tv tonight. Can not wait. He is the most amazing star. Saw him live in NYC and he was so terriffic words cant describe how electric he was. ADAM is a great choice. He made the show last year and now its all down hill. Adam is a amazing performer with the triple threat. I love ADAM and so should you.

April 13, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Okay

Sammie,

Now you are just being silly. 🙂
    Kris is great. He was already on the show, remember? He'll be on again for the finale. Ican think of four other Season 8ers who been on this season. Why not let the Lambs enjoy the day?

April 13, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Linzy

I love Adam. I watched last year just for him and tonight and tomorrow just for him.

April 13, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Sammie

If he is the best, why didn't he win?

April 13, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Alexandra

Ahhhhhhh Lisa, you must be the President of Adam Haters Club. What a shame, writer for a very respected "CNN"

April 13, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Okay

Adrian Cronauer,

You're gonna watch, arent you? Idon't think you are going to be able to look away...

April 13, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. alex

ADAM is the best ever. you are a jerk to even suggest anything different.

Adam is a new star and he has achived quite abit in a short time. Why dont you give him credit for his amazing talent and all his achivements so far. I think you a some what jelous.

April 13, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  55. terry/can

Adrian be sure to print out your comment on paper and tuck it away somewhere safe and clean.

Then you will be able to 'eat your words' in a year or so, if not sooner!

April 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Okay

Nancy,

Don't go there. Season 8 is done. Sit back and enjoy all the Adamy goodness, Season 9 has to offer tonight, instead!

April 13, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Adrian Cronauer

To all the Lambs out there... reality check. Certainly Adam Lambert has been able to book performances but people also pay to see Ruben Studdard, Taylor Hicks, Katharine McPhee and Jordin Sparks. Are those reality show contestants any less talented? Controversial and outrageous doesn't always equal talent and success. Maybe if Adam slept with Marilyn Manson? (shivers!)

April 13, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  58. nancy

Dear Author,
    Who cares what you think. Adam did not win because they cheated and everyone with ears knows ADAM should have one and even Simon stated sto on Ophra show. Second of all the best ever for 9 seasons was ADAM. Adam brings viewers short and sweet. Adam made the show last season and this season really stinks. Besides ADAM has a hugh FAN base and we cant wait to see ADAM again. I really don't care what you think and I am sure the rest of the fans would agree. So stop your yacking.

April 13, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Okay

Adrian Cronauer,

Bet you end up watching (Can't snark on him properly the next two days if you don't).

April 13, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  60. NinnaD

They are bringing him back because he is the best & no other past contestant gave stunning performance every week like him. If you like him or not, he has experience, talent & looks!! I am sure he will be a great mentor to these contestant.. THEY NEED HIM!!

April 13, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  61. mom_shell

he is there because he is talented, charismatic, smart and they know ratings will go up, count me as one that is watching the show tonight and tomorrow ONLY because he is on it!

April 13, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Jada

Marquee said: " dude has had a career now for all of two minutes"

I say: Marquee, quit smoking funny things and do your home work BEFORE making a fool of yourself.

Already a figure on the worldwide scene of music, Adam is an inspiration and a good mentor not only for the idols but for any other contemporary artist.
    Mr. ADAM LAMBERT IS A CLASS ACT, a beautiful person in all points of view.

Mr Adam Lambert has our respect, appreciation and LOVE.

April 13, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Adrian Cronauer

Adam Lambert who? Are the producers of American Idol that desperate where they need to dredge up Adam Lambert? Who is next? Sanjaya Malakar? Norman Gentle? I have to give them kudos for trying but really, Adam Lambert? About the only contribution he'll be able to offer is what NOT to do. I'll pass.

April 13, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Susan

Ratings, Ratings, Ratings I am almost positive that is why they want Adam on two nights. He has such a huge following, that they know they will get the ratings this week. He is so amazing can't wait. I was a little thrown by his AMA performance, however his beautiful voice won me over again. I listen to his CD all the time. My nine year old son and I love him.

April 13, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  65. WBL

Yes, a Whole Lotta SAVING FACE going on with Warwick.

April 13, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Adam Idol

Okay, we can say Adam is not doing as well as the whole world expected him to do- which was to be smash gold, platinum, quadruple platinum world wide right away. Really. Truly. He is that talented and has the potential to be that big. I actually agree with the producer that the AMA thing really really hurt Adam's debut. He has been playing catch up since then. Gold in several countries, platinum in a couple. He has already accomplished more than most artists can hope for in an entire career. It's just that he could have done a lot better if he had not started off killing his debut sales with that mistake. SO, that being said, he is still my favorite singer alive today, and will be one of the biggest stars once he gets rolling. Idol needs him WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY more than he needs them. I never have watched before or after Adam. Only tuned in when I heard about him. I'll watch tonight and tomorrow night just to see the amazing Adam Lambert live.

April 13, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  67. basketballnut

Huh? I don't get you. Adam has been performing on stage ever since he was ten years old. He's been in musical theatre and live performances. Writes his own music too. Having been through the AI process, who better to mentor? He has paid his dues. The guy is way too talented and will be around for a long time.

April 13, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  68. MLL

As I blogged on another site, Mr. Warwick's comments were so disingenuous that I was compelled to channell Simon Cowell himself and call them indulgent rubbish. I am fine with Ken Warwick saying that it would be a win/win situation for both Lambert and AI9 in regard to Lambert's appearance, but for him to purport the notion that AI is doing this soley FOR Lambert is just foolish. I guess Warwick must consider it unbecoming or unseemly to suggest that AI9 needs a serious shot in the arm. I do think Warwick had some genuine feelings in his statements, but his deeper intention was quite transparent. He is clearly an intelligent and wildly successful businessman, but for him to suggest, and I sorta think he did, that AI9 was booking Lambert for this gig to help HIM out was disingenuous and foolish. It compels me to recall that about a month or so Mr. Warwick was on an entertainment news show, "E" I think, and he was talking about something where he needed to mention the AI8 winner, and he actually went "...uh...uh...long pause..." and then the Interviewer finally came to his rescue and chimed in and said "Kris Allen" and then the interview continued on. This is not a slam against Kris Allen, I like his music a lot and am glad that at least his LLWD single is doing great. But it speaks to Mr. Warwicks, I don't know, awareness. I remember this event very clearly (and actually felt badly for Kris Allen in that moment and was surprised that the snarkier media didn't pick it up and run with it). Anyway, getting longwinded, sorry, but I would have admired Mr. Warwick more if he just came out and acknowledged that he was hoping for Lambert's appearance on AI tonight and tomorrow night to be a win/win scenario for both Lambert and AI9. Lambert is good at what he does, btw! Very good.

April 13, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Pam

People keep insisting that Adam is a strange choice, but in fact he's one of the most qualified people they've ever had as mentor. He has been performing for almost 20 years, not "a minute". Part of his training at MET2 was to mentor younger, more novice students. And from the auditions to the tour during season 8 he offered advice and help to his fellow Idols.I'd much rather take advice from him than from someone who can't identify success when he sees it.

April 13, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Britte

I think Adam Lambert is a great choice to mentor AI contestants. He's innovative, exciting, unpredictable, going to go in there and give them advice on how to RAISE THE BAR on this boring AI season. He managed to make it to the very end of American Idol despite his being left of center (remember Ring of Fire?) and the controversy over his personal life, so that really says something about his strategies and willingness to work hard during season 8. I will watch American Idol tonight and tomorrow night.

April 13, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Sundar

Adam lambert is the biggest, happening star. There is no one as exciting as he is!
    He is incredible and he already made waves with his new album. He is the best idol ever by miles ! My whole family from the youngest to oldest can't get tired of his album. Crazy talent ! He could be the best rock star, other than MJ, came from USA !

April 13, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  72. claudia

what is wrong with you people?
    Adam is loved and respected and his rare talent is apreciated all over the world , they name him star and in his country is always runner-up and it's remembering for 3 min of a show that other people of the world and even from America named 'no big deal' . Dont you saw the 2 concert from Vancouver and the press about Adam from Canada ? the 2 was a realy great succes , sold out and suplementing places . And beteer then anyone know the staff of AI , they dont call him for nothing . Get to the reality people.

April 13, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  73. SCat

2 minutes? I guess you didn't realize he has been on the stage performing (and getting paid for it) for 1/2 his life...

April 13, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Nina

Adam is the best possible mentor given that he's the one that raised the bar so high last year that this group looks positively anemic in comparison. Otherwise, this season resembles all the other seasons of Idol, a couple of stand outs, a couple of jokes, and lot of vanilla.

April 13, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jessica

He's going to be great! He was the most consistent and most exciting contestant the show ever had, plus has he tons of stage experience from before he ever went on Idol.

I can't wait to hear his comments. I definitely don't think Adam needs Idol as much as Idol needs him to win out over Dancing with the Stars. Nevertheless, since Adam hasn't been on quite a big stage since the AMAs, I still believe this was a good choice for him in terms of PR.

YAY, cannot wait!

April 13, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  76. elw

'Not doing quite as well'???? What planet is he living on?

April 13, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Lory

Lisa–guess you are out of the loop. Everywhere you look, Adam is being interviewed, on covers of magazines, in photo shoots, on TV shows, performing etc–he is multi-faceted. (so why the nasty comment about having a career for "all of two minutes"? His amazing voice is only one of his many talents. Also, you surmised that Mr. Warwick said Adam needs Idol more than Idol needs him. He never said that in his interview. Obviously this producer sees Adam as "incredibly talented". They must have chosen Adam as a mentor for some reason–his great personality, stage presence, experience on the show, showmanship, etc. Oh, and if you ever get the chance to interview him, you be sure and turn him down since you obviously don't see him as worth your time.

April 13, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  78. cannonball

Bottomline: "Ratings" DWTS has been beating AI. They need to look to someone to bring those viewers back.

April 13, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |