April 12th, 2010

'Glee's' Jane Lynch engaged

testing captions
testing captions

Sue Sylvester may be unlucky in love so far, but the actress who portrays her is getting hitched.

A spokesperson for Jane Lynch confirmed to CNN that the “Glee” star and her partner, Lara Embry, are engaged.

“Yes, it’s true,” said Gabrielle Krengel, a spokesperson for Lynch. “Jane and Lara are thrilled to be engaged.”

Embry is a psychologist and she and Lynch have been spotted beaming on the red carpet at events such as the Golden Globes where “Glee” took top honors for best musical or comedy television series.

Lynch has long been well known to fans for her appearances in Christopher Guest films and now has a strong small screen fan base thanks to her role as the diabolical cheerleading coach Sylvester on “Glee.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • television

« Previous entry
  1. zikoodesk03

I just found your website on Google and I must say,
    I’m impressed. I frequent a lot of blogs and yours is by far one of the best
    I’ve come across. The information you have here is concise and accurate and
    you have a very good writing style. Perhaps you should consider facebook törés?
    <a href="www.feltores.com/facebook-feltores/"click here Best website email törés

May 18, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. Lil C

I'm in my english class right now which the time is 9:50am by this computer here you can send me a comment right now and I can send you one right back I'm constantly checking the page for comments from you. Love Ya!

April 16, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lil C

whats up dad you at the desk right now if you are say something. Are you going to be able to come visit me tomorrow? I should be around around 1:00-1:25pm. Love Ya!

April 16, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. lisa

How can you be so judgemental of DC? You do not know that person. I think that is very tacky! God did create everyone and everyone has an opinion. It is tacky to get so personal because someone states their opinion. I do not see anyone calling you names.

April 16, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. sally

dc is one of the so-called Christians that give Christianity a bad name.
    God (if there is one) supposedly created all of us, including gay
    people, and He/She couldn't have made mistakes, right?

April 15, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Amused by the Ignorance

DC is further proof that the last true Christian died on the cross.

April 15, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Greg in CA

Congrats! My boyfriend and I just got engaged in January. Can't wait till gay marriage is legal again in CA. It's only a matter of time!

April 15, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Janelle

Good for her! That's fantastic!

April 15, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lil C

whats up this Lil C you know this going to be the new place we are going to be talking. So when you find me say something. Love Ya!

April 15, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. SMJ

Libs have a foul mouth...and conservatives are hypocrites. I call that even.

April 15, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. SMJ

Love her! Her best line last night was when she told the two cheerleaders that "they were the stupidist cheerleaders ever, except that she did remember a cheer camp with a young Sarah Palin that was worse." That was SPOT ON!! LOL Congrats Jane~

April 15, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. unbelievable

demonic 'love" is lust in disguise

Godly love cares for the state of souls – there is in fact, a final discernment of good and bad (the General Judgement)

April 15, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  13. clean it up

when the country catches up it will be called the Tribulation!

April 15, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  14. loveyoumeanit

LOVE her!
    glad to see she lives in a place where she can legally LOVE whomever she wants!
    Good for you!
    Can't wait til the rest of the country catches up...

April 14, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. guest

im happy for them. though, they kind of look the same.

April 14, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. clean it up

libs have a foul mouth when someone does not agree with them

April 14, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. christan

CONGRATS JANE!!!

(dc you suck!)

April 14, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  18. hk

gee looks like Jane's chic would spell own name properly. It is=Lara= seems like someone gushing about their love for the lady type, they would at least be proud enough of it to spell their own name correctly. just sayin'

April 14, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Rita

Jane Lynch is awsome. She does a great job portraying Sue and I loved her small role in Julie and Julia as Julia's sister. I hope Jane and Lara have a wonderful life as a married couple!

April 14, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Robert

Good luch to Jane and her partner. I watch Glee for the first time last night. Just because Jane was in it.

April 14, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Laura

And I happen to love Jane Lynch. She has a talent of making people laugh. :)

April 14, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Laura

You all sound ridiculous. God would say this and Jesus would do that... How about go do something good-will in your life instead of being insane and angry preachers.
    And for non-believers that are arguing with them... stop?
    Everyone has their own beliefs – leave it at that.
    A-thank you.

April 14, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  23. unbelievable

May God grant her repentance of the passion of lust.

April 14, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Broadwayfreak

Congrats Jane!!! I am so happy for you!!! You are one of my favorite actresses!

April 14, 2010 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  25. Dani in AZ

oops i meant *congratulations* and here I am trying to correct other peoples spelling. my apologies :-)

April 13, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Dani in AZ

Congradulations to them! I hope people on this post could feel that same happiness someday.
    p.s. It's Gomorrah, not gamora :-)

April 13, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Nancy

If you are joined together by the clergy, then that particular religious organization recognizes the marriage. But until you register your status with the government (i.e. CIVIL authority) you are not legally married. Therefore all registered marriages are civil unions as far as the government is concerned. It is simply acknowledging the legal status of the couple under the law of man, not God. Religions can declare what type of marriages they wish to recognize under their tenets and the government CANNOT interfere. That's separation of church and state. But no religious view should not have any authority over what the government considers to be legal. You'd think local governments would want to register as many couples as they can and collect all those fees.

April 13, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Bob W.

She is hysterically funny. A very talented lady.

April 13, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  29. dc protector

I see more high-horses! And generalizing! And generalization-hating! And comments from legally-wed gay people! And condemnation thereof! This is amazing! Only in America...

April 13, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  30. hk

the ones on here being so hateful give pro-gay a bad name

April 13, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  31. paul

you people are full of hate. go back and read your posts. DC, Tyler and myself have not posted hate filled posts. You are judging us abunantly. If the Lord read my posts. I would not have a problem with it. I think that most of you are the queen and king of judging. wow take a chill pill.. that is just it, the 21st century is turning into sodom and gamora. But that could be the way it is supposed to be- who are we to know- we are just supposed to be prepared. I am

April 13, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Greg

DC and Tyler....BLAH BLAH BLAH....Why don't you evolve and come into the 21st century? You narrow-minded, bigoted, supposed "Christians" who have nothing better to do that sit in judgement of others, are a DYING breed. "Judge not lest ye be judged!" See...I can quote the Bible too...BIG DEAL! Exactly how do you choose which scriptures to follow and which no longer apply? Shellfish? Women going into the House of the Lord while on their period? Both are prohibited in Liviticus, however, it is funny how you choose to focus on the one about men "laying" with men. Me thinks you doth protest too much. Hmmmm...I wonder why? WHATEVER! Most rational, logical, non-brainwashed, SANE people use the Bible as a tool to help live life, not as a tool to condemn others. I guess that doesn't apply to people like you. You stand in judgement of the gays, but you know what...they pity you! Have a blessed day!

April 13, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Pekay

DC and Tyler: I'm willing to guess there are NO branches on your family trees. Doesn't it get confusing calling your mama "Sissy" or "Auntie" or "Grandmama"?

Inbreeding is the biggest cause for idiocy and you two are poster children for it. In your cases, not having children would be a good idea. Too bad your parents/brother/sister didn't think of it.

April 13, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  34. paul

maybe there is just more than one person that thinks like DC---maybe they just write the same--...........

April 13, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Meg

Paul=dc

Anyone notice that the way they write is basically the same? Seems obvious to me.

Dashes and dotdotdots are running rampant!

Anyways, CONGRATS TO JANE AND LARA! Too bad CNN is a little late... I heard about this at least a month ago. But what a great actress! Jane deserves to be happy, just like everyone else! Best wishes, Jane and Lara!

April 13, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  36. cook

And

I reread the comments and think I understand now. If I lump all Christains together then that is not a generalization and it is ok. If I lump all liberals together then it is a generalization and I am an "idiot". Does that about sum it up?

Maybe you should reread the comments because I didn't hear any complaints about generalizations until they were made about liberals. I beleive it is you that have the double standard.

April 13, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  37. paul

wow–there is just no way to have you possibly admit that you are evil with your comments. I will even say I am sorry - you libs are harsh people.. I do pray for you. even the devil believes there is a God and a good spirit.. man! you people are just mean..

April 13, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  38. R2D2

Congrats to them Both!!

I agree with AND. Try to avoid generalizations PAULY.

April 13, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  39. And

You are correct. Hate is spewed on this page. I HATE generalizations (paul) and ignorance (DC).
    cook, maybe re-read comments and get in touch.

April 13, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  40. paul

thanks cook–someone that sees the double standard here.. they do not understand equal.. if you do not agree–they want you off of their page.. DC did not get ugly about their kids and family and did not make things personal..shameful

April 13, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  41. savannah

Loved her in the L word. I wish you both much happiness!

April 13, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Head Diva In Charge

Equal rights for all :)
    Love seeing this.

April 13, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  43. cook

And

Nice comment to Paul. A perfect example of exactly what he was talking about. You don't agree with a person so you call names because you can't think of something logical or intelligent to say. I'm not against gay marriage, but some people here crack me up. They call someone out for being hateful and then try to make the most vile comment they can think of. So accepting gays is ok, but accepting Christians is vile? Who is out of touch? What to you do with gay Christians? Are they in or out of your little click?

April 13, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  44. Angie

I agree... She was great on L Word :)

April 13, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  45. tdogg2u

First, congrats Jane & Lara! Have a fabulous wedding, and best wishes for years of wedded bliss! So exciting!

In re: DC, he/she can believe whatever he/she wants to believe. It affects me not. I am a gay married woman. I have the government issued marriage license to prove it. So if DC wants to believe there is no such thing has two women getting married, I don't have to convince him/her that it's true. It is true.

Had DC just come on and spoke his/her beliefs, that would be one thing. But to lay out the threat of hell, and act as if we need salvation, that is what other folks don't tolerate so well. I accept and will stand up for anyone's right to believe what they will, but I won't listen to the gibberish if I don't' find it useful. Been there and done that. Good luck to DC, no hard feelings. But there is a such thing as gay people getting legally maried and full equality is coming.

Meanwhile, we will happily celebrate the marriage of two fantastic people who fall in love and make the commitment to spend the rest of their lives together. How wonderful for Jane and Lara!

April 13, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  46. Bethany

She was great in The Rocker and Role Models! She is hilarious.

April 13, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  47. LIL C

I am here this is it! Love Ya!

April 13, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  48. paul

just trying to stick up for someone that does not crossover to all of the views on here–if you do not like what most are saying–they eat you alive–then they say –they let everyone be themselves.. sounds like they are trying to change Dc's views.. I do not think it will ever happen.. they are speaking for DC–strange how it is a double standard..

April 13, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  49. And

Paul- You're an idiot. And quit generalizing. Geez.. Gollie. Shucks.

April 13, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  50. Jody

Good for you! Congratulations.

Live and let live, people!

April 13, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  51. shane

I've had the good fortune to meet her and her family, WONDERFUL people! She is as lovely and as sweet as you'd hope she'd be. Congrats Jane and Lara!

April 13, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  52. paul

you people make your views personal.. gee–this is America.. you are getting down right mean because someone does not agree with you.. why so defensive.. good grief.. everyone does not believe as you do.. but you liberals get down right ugly.. you say you accept everyone–then just accept DC.. good grief.. they did not get personal about your own marriages and your own kids.. you made fools of yourselves..

April 13, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  53. Doug

And a celebrity getting engaged means something because?

April 13, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  54. paul

Liberals are hateful–man –you are spewing hate.. geez!

April 13, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  55. kaydee

Let's get back to Jane: What about Party Down!! I don't believe I saw a mention of that show. She "made" that show!

April 13, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  56. KateMae

Jane and I are both from the same small south Chicago suburb - Republican, small-minded, and insular - and attended the same central Illinois land-grant university - and I was just delighted to learn that more than one of us escaped that stifling background! She's one of my favorite entertainers. Congratulations on your wonderful career, thank you for all the laughs, and all the best to you and your partner. "Best in Show" still gets me howling.

April 13, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  57. Tim L

I have been reading comments on here. DC keeps saying she is leaving then leave. I am a catholic DC, I dont believe in all there views. One being they dont believe in birth control guess what get fixed after 2 or 4 kids if you can afford to raise that many of them these days. I am strong in my beliefs about god and church but I will not judge a man\man or woman\woman relationship any different than a man\woman relationship. God fearing people like yourself DC are ignorant to the fact. You people try to push your beliefs on other people,make your comment and move on. These are the times we live in now. I want to know how you would react if your step-daughter came up to you and said she was gay. Now wouldnt that rock your world. Bet you would dis-own her in a heart beat. Reguardless of if they are straight or gay shouldnt matter they deserve the same rights as everyone else.

April 13, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  58. Tim L

@ MrsFizzy; I hear ya. They did the same to me for no apparent reason. I can comment when it is like this but any other article I get this page has blocked you from commenting. I have never said anything rude or crude just spoke the truth. I have seen people on here that make a sailors language. Any way I just assumed that cnn didnt like the truth I was saying on some stories. And yes Her playing sue on glee is great.

April 13, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  59. BeyondtheTech

Seriously, let's just make this legal in all states, all countries already. People have a right to be happy in this world. Period.

April 13, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  60. conrad

nobody has mentioned "lovespring international" - she was excellent in that short-lived sitcom – really brilliant, she works for a matchmaking / dating service in that. enjoy!

April 13, 2010 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  61. Dan

A nice, happy thread about two people in love and as usual some arrogant christians have to start posting their hate.

April 13, 2010 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  62. Trig

This corn is an angel.

April 13, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  63. elsie

Hurrah for Jane Lynch one of the best comedians in North America! Anyone who hasn't seen her Christopher Guest roles needs to go rent Best In Show and A Mighty Wind right now.

I saw their video in which they announced their engagement, very sweet and I wish them all the best. And yes, I'm a practicing Christian who is all for gay marriage. It's the Christian thing to be, pro-marriage, pro-equality, pro-human dignity, and all.

DC can best be summed up in a Bible verse: "If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I am like a clanging gong or a tinkling cymbal."

April 13, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  64. Matt

Love her, love her characters!!
    Best wishes to her in her upcoming nuptuals :-)

April 13, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  65. Sun Badger

You want for DC to believe as you do but will not offer her the same license. Sounds like a lot like a double standard, no matter how offensive DC is and her ideas are seen as legitimate to the point of being fought with vitriol. I personally could care less who thinks what; that is there domain. Seems to me that marriage is a little crazy no matter who or how it is involved. Most people seem to lack the ability to run their own lives, controlling others seems to evade the central issue.

April 13, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  66. Alfred

Whoa! She's gay! Well...I mean I guess I'm not surprised because she always seems to get these masculine roles but hey, that's great she's engaged. I wish her all the best.

April 13, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  67. Johan

I had no idea that she's a lesbian. But does it matter? Congrats to her and her new life partner!

April 13, 2010 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  68. Thomas

40 year old version – she was hilarious!

Good for her.

April 13, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  69. ClaudesMom

This news made me oh so happy! A very big congratulations to a gifted and talented actress!

April 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  70. AJ

While I'm very happy for the couple, I thought this was confirmed somewhere else (Jane's twitter maybe?) at LEAST a month ago....sad that it took CNN so long to get it. They're normally much more on board with things. Still....I am so happy she's found love, everyone deserves it.

April 12, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  71. sara

As for "DC" if your just going to be judging and leaving ignorant remarks you shouldn't even be in this page.. go talk jesus crap some where else....go to church or whatever it is straight ppl do lmao!

April 12, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  72. sara

Im so happy for Jane and Lara! AS FOR YOU "DC" YOU ARE JUST A IGNORANT PERSON FOR STATING THAT COMMENT. ITS SO CRAZY HOW SOME PPL ARE IGNORANT AND LIVE IN A CLOSE AND CONFINED WORLD.

April 12, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Chris

dc,
    the shower drain would have been a more appropriate receptacle for your daddy's seed. OOP's, now I know why you sound like your from the sewer!

April 12, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  74. MidWestKev

All, you must realize the DC is just trying to create controversy here. He/she is no more a christian than Arlen Specter is a democrat. He/she is just another god-hating twit and trying to stir up those who probably care less either way. BTW, Jane was great in "Role Models" too.

April 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Yd

Wow dc....sounds like your spouse already married a monkey, so much for that announcement about monkey marriage. You've beaten everyone to the punch.

Congrats Jane, im happy your marriage is not about chattel and about love. Marriage used to about one man with many wives, marriage like most things have evolved to what it is today. Love however is pretty much still the same. Congrats on love!! And your choice to marry!

April 12, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  76. lucy2

Jane is such a fantastic comedic actress, I've loved her in all of her roles. I'm so happy for her that she's found such success with Glee and is finally getting some recognition for her talent.

I wish Jane and Lara the very best., congratulations to them!

April 12, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Rizz Rustbolt

Hmm... Been sitting on this story awhile, haven't you CNN?

Most people knew this two months ago when she announced it.

But I'll say congratulations again.

April 12, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  78. sj

Congrats, Jane!! I wish you and your future wife every happiness!!

April 12, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  79. john from Orange County Ca

Good for her....now if we can get a gay jock to be as visible, we might be getting somewhere....but it still may be too threatening to some... as long as the gay male characters are affected, neurotic, effeminate, etc. the red states feel safe...I keep waiting for the TV show that will actually break the barrier and do it......so far, the gay males on TV are not a threat.... too bad....you would think straight guys would like a challenge...even if it's only on tv. Wonder why....

April 12, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Finn

Congratulations Jane and Lara!!

Oh and to DC, continue to believe in your imaginary friend! More power to you! I hope your pet rock shares this amazing imaginary friend that you have.

I too sometimes talk to my imaginary friend (who, incidentally is a big spaghetti monster in the sky dripping with bolognaise sauce, mmmmm). But I prefer eating the physical incarnation of him in my favorite Italian restaurant.

I guess therein lies our difference.

April 12, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  81. wilur

This is such a hateful thread. Fools do love to pile on don't they DC?

April 12, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  82. A

Congratulations, Jane and Lara! I'll do a dance on the day of your wedding–Sue Sylvester-style!

April 12, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Christian in Arkansas

DC, I was supporting you at first, but then as things went along, it just deteriorated. Essentially, there is the biblical concept of marriage. However, if we start limiting civil liberties and fundamental rights, it will generate a slippery slope!!! We do not want to open that can of worms. I am a Christian and I believe in living with Jesus Christ as our example. Remember how he treated the woman at the well.... He never judged her though she lived a lifestyle contrary to Christianity. Try to remember that you will not win any souls for Christ with hatred and judgment. Embrace everyone and speak the truth in love! Peace!!

April 12, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Robin

Love her! Congratulations!

April 12, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  85. michele

Go, Jane & Lara. Congratulations, ladies, and best wishes for a lifetime of joy!

April 12, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Yipee

Congrats to Jane..I love her on Glee..she's such a riot!!!

And it's nice to see people in their late 40s getting married..it gives me hope..thanks for that Jane.. you rock!!

April 12, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Michelle

Jane Lynch is amazing in every role! May she and Lara have a lifelong MARRIAGE of love and happiness!!!

I, unfortnately, have several family members who feel the same way that dc does! It amazes me that they use "God" to justify their bigotry!!

I think Ghandi said it best – “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

April 12, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Phil

I'm a Christian. I hold Christian views .

I'll make you a deal: Let's Keep the church out of state, the state out of church and our noses out of everyone's business.

Ms Lynch is a class act. I wish her all happiness. I'll leave it right there.

April 12, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Erin

I think DC is gay.

April 12, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Thede Vilthatiam

What a lovely lesbian. God bless Jane. ^_^

April 12, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Andrew

In some states it IS marriage – that must really suck for you dc, huh? Bet you're kicking yourself for believing in states's rights now, huh?

April 12, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Sam Fisher

I believe everyone should stop responding to DC, you are giving the prig exactly what is wanted and the comments do not deserve, attention.

April 12, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  93. btwind

It's nice to see so many open minded and fair folks giving DC a piece of their minds. Props to those who can just let others do what they want, if no one is hurt. Get out of my bed and leave my reproductive system alone. People like him make my blood boil.

April 12, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  94. MartyinLA

DC, that's why smart people move to LA and leave your biggoted little towns behind.

April 12, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  95. perverted comedian

I am very excited for Jane and Larry!

April 12, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  96. dustydudetee

To dc:
    Oh my god. You are so narrow minded. Like "Out" wrote, 'Get a life". Just go grab your bible and visit a prist. . .

April 12, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  97. And

Out: Nicely said! U and Jane both rock!

April 12, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Out

Dear dc: Get a life.

I get the impression that some people just like to pick fights for the sake of picking fights. Go drink a beer about it and relax...nobody is trying to make anybody mad. Live and let live, amigo. We're all American.

April 12, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  99. WhiteHilt

BTW – congrats Jane you rock

April 12, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  100. WhiteHilt

I have read the article. Not once does it say she is getting married (although it is implied). She is engaged to be hitched. Yes gays and lesbians should have the right to get married, but this article didn't use the word. So why the fight? Are engaged and hitched also restricted to one man and one woman? Is there a defense of engagement bill or a defense of hitching bill?

April 12, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  101. re: DC

Hey DC – you do realize that in DC gay people can now legally marry?

Congratulations, Jane!

April 12, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  102. smarterthanDC

Hey DC, Joseph didn't knock up Mary, member that? I guess their marriage was a sham....

April 12, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  103. J Bobba

DC – you continue to say you are going away, but you can't stop stirring the pot with your mindless drivel – which you link to being "holy." Maybe like Jesus you can't stop resurrecting things – LIKE THIS DEAD SUBJECT!!!!! You have your views and others have thiers. Let it go!!!!

BTW, Congratulations Jane and Lara!!!!!!! I am a Christian who accepts gays....and I AM PROUD OF IT!!!!!

April 12, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Ish

ewww..............

i was happy until I saw the name of her fiance

ewwww............

April 12, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  105. L in Nevada

dc..........please, spell correctly if your going to bring Buddha into this....

April 12, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  106. J in NOVA

And I cannot wait to see Glee tomorrow night! Everytime i see the preview for the show where Jane's character says ".... somewhere in a stately manor home in the english countryside, madonna is weeping." ... I can't help but laugh. She is a comic genious and I am glad that things are going so well for her.

April 12, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  107. R

The only high-horse rider here is DC, claiming that people need to find another WORD because he does not approve. Who put him in charge of the English language? Give me a break.

April 12, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  108. dc protector

dc may be a db, but his views are protected, just like everyone else's in this country. Bruce Banner and Tyler D made me laugh, because their comments were irreverent. There seem to be many high-horses being ridden around here. Does anyone here really think they will change anybody else's mind with pithy comments? (D'Oh! I just posted one!)

April 12, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  109. And

DC – You have little to no grace and you are an embarrassment to Christianity.
    You are the one judging here. Please leave that up to a higher being and get off your pedestal.

April 12, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Sency

good for her – jane lynch is awesome on glee

April 12, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  111. dc

J in Nova–that was very ugly–you people are full of hate.. read what you say.. you have no remorse.. very sad.. Glad that I do answer to the Lord.. you need to answer to someone–budda or someone.. you all just try to type stuff that is funny.. why do you think that is funny? See-you do have an opinion about being gay–you just made it a joke! you people do not have much substance to you.. wow–I will pray for you–that is what we as believers are taught.. we have such grace from the Lord that we want others to know it..

April 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  112. ChuckO

So, little dc has accomplished what s/he probably set out to do - to draw some attention to his/her personal views and away from a talented and happily engaged person. This is how small minds win. Congrats and best wishes to Jane. For the rest of my fellow open-minded fans, let's try to ignore the agitating fringe. It's likely they'll dry up and disappear if we do.

April 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Bill Ray

Congratulations to Jane and her future wife on their upcoming marriage. 50 years ago, people refused to recognize the marriages of inter-racial couples and banned them in many states, claiming that they were "against God." Well guess what: each of us is free to have our own relationship with God and follow what He calls us to do. There is simply no logical reason in America to keep these loving couples from getting married. Again, congratulations to the happy couple. You will find that people who hate you and want to discriminate against you get fewer and fewer every year.

April 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  114. hippydippydoo

Hooray! I love her, I'm addicted to "A Mighty Wind" she's a brilliant comedian. Congrats to you, dear Lynch.

April 12, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  115. J in NOVA

Congrats Jane! You are awesome!

Hey dc - guess what?!?!? Your daughter's gay!

April 12, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Hey Eugene

to DC: I've never understood why you "we love the Lord and you should too" Christians insist on trying to shove your beliefs down the throats of anyone who disagrees with you. It doesn't seem very "Christian" and it polarizes and annoys those of us who wish to think for ourselves. Not everyone believes the way you do. It's the truth and it's really okay! We promise not to think in your church if you promise not to pray for us.

To Jane and Lara: a true marriage is in the hearts and minds of those who love enough to be committed to each other. But you already know that, so you're way ahead of DC and his ilk.

April 12, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Mel

See ya, DC! And don't forget–your marriage is a fraud!

April 12, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  118. dc

ok–I am really done-since R is so worried about it–there you have your board back–get back to chatting about 2 women being married! HA! it is still a joke to me!

April 12, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  119. R

DC, seriously – you keep saying that you're done here, yet keep coming back. Do us all a favor and stay away.

April 12, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  120. RKW

and oh yeah......congrats Jane!!! Glee is awesome and so are you!!! We wish you the very best!!!!!!!!!!

April 12, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  121. P.S. Mueller

She's a gifted comic actor. I wish her all the best.

And by the way: http://www.howdyland.com

April 12, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  122. RKW

oh good! its the " i know you are but what am I" defense! Now its an intelligent conversation!

April 12, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  123. dc

ooh–you are all judging me.. be careful–do not be guilty of something that you are accusing me of.. have you noticed–I have not called anyone a name or used vulgar language.. eek–you people are harsh..

April 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  124. ande

Wow. I think DC must be an imposter because anyone who REALLY loved and followed Jesus wouldn't treat others in such a horrible manner.
    And if you really are a Christian, DC, please be quiet and stop embarrassing God with your behavior :P
    Let your light shine and keep your hate to yourself.

April 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Mel

DC,
    You have a step child? So . . . either you or your "wfie" was married once already. Which should mean it is a fake marriage. Right?

April 12, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Shel

DC–you are still not getting it. You claim that producing children is what defines a marriage, but then you admit that your marriage did not produce children. You suggest that if 'everyone turned gay' there would be no more children. But YOU are straight and YOU did not produce children. Are you really so stupid that you cannot properly articulate your argument???

April 12, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  127. dc

I am done–ya'll go back to praising this behavior.. my last word is–I just wish they would come up with their own name for it–civil union or whatever and stick with that.. I do not care what they do–just do not call it marriage.. I am out of here–ya'll go on slobbering all over this marriage..

April 12, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  128. RKW

have you seen the overpopulation of this planet???? i think it is ok if some people stop breeding! in fact more people should definitely stop breeding (especially ignorant small minded rednecks!)! we aren't turning the world gay you idiot, just asking you to respect those that are!

April 12, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Liz

Congratulations! Jane & Lara, I hope you both have as long a relationship as my husband & I have shared. We didn't get married until I was 40! My mother nearly fainted when I called her to tell her the news! She was sure she was going to her grave with an un-married daughter! Ha! We proved both Time Magazine & mother wrong! 12 years later – we're still together and mother still can't believe it! Enjoy every second of it and make sure someone gives you a good blender for all the margaritas for the wonderful parties you'll throw! :)

April 12, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Opinionated

dc – Go preach to the other mindless idiots that share your bigoted views. The rest of us will continue to love and treat everyone as equals.

April 12, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  131. R

I thought you weren't coming back, DC? I really can't figure out if you are a troll or not – I'm hoping so, because I would be so sad for you if what you're spouting is truly how you feel.

No one is advocating the world "turning gay". Are you serious?

April 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Christian in CA

@ Dilly. To err is human, to forgive is divine. "dc" needs professional help, possibly an encephalogram, and likely some meds. Clearly, the lobotomy was unsuccessful. There's a Greek word coming to mind here.... "eutha....", oh I can't remember!!! ;9

April 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  133. PaulE Louisville

Really, CNN? Why open news items like this to comments? Do you just enjoy reading the comments of the ignorant haters? Just tell the news – I don't need to know what Billy Bob in B.F.E., Mississippi thinks about it. Thanks!

April 12, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  134. dc

you all need to seriously realize what you are typing.. it is hate.. you all know good and well that if everyone turned gay–there would be no more children. oh yes–my step child is not a moron –thank you –she is dating a young man and I am sure she plans to have a normal marriage as she has seen.. you all know in your heart of hearts that you are all trying to be accomidating and trying to be a feel good society.. you all know better in your heart..

April 12, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Redhead

Well said, Michele. It is sad that in this modern world that we have to suffer with antiquated ideas like dc's. I have never understood why people are threatened by two people, who love each other, wanting to be married.

April 12, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Linda

She was/is also hysterically funny as the therapist in Two and A-Half Men!! I hope her cameos on this show will continue.

April 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Robin

OMG, Jane Lynch is a "sneaky gay". Sue would not approve.

April 12, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  138. RKW

the only sin committed is by those who judge others. is it not up to god to judge? thats what it says in the bible i believe. not DC and the rest of her ignorant community. i guess god still loves you, and i hope he forgives the sin of your ignorant judgments upon others you know nothing about

April 12, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  139. CW

dc

The Bible also includes slavery, polygamy, incest, and many other behaviors that are not smiled upon in our society.

Marriage should be about love, be it between a man or a woman, a man or a man, or a woman and a woman. With half of all traditional marriages ending in divorce who is to define what is a true marriage? If people love one another, why shouldn't they be allowed to be together.

Jesus told us to love one another, not to be hateful.

April 12, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  140. TWR2422

DC, you are not living in reality....You cannot be a Christian and have beliefs like that...I will pray for you!

April 12, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Opinionated

dc April 12th, 2010 4:54 pm ET
    oh yes and I do not live under a rock.. I am proud of my views –thank you..

You can be proud of a pile of poop but that still doesn't mean it doesn't stink.

April 12, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Shel

DC, wow, you are one arrogant a**hole to have the hubris to think that gays use the word marriage "just to make [you] mad." Are you serious? It is hilarious to watch people point out your lack of logic then read your retorts that demonstrate not only a lack of logic but a lack of basic reading comprehension. Have you understood any of the words in this sentence? This would all be side-splittingly funny if you weren't raising a child who is likely destined to wind up a moron as well. Bless its little heart.

April 12, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  143. RKW

DC- your ignorance is an insult to marriage! and yes, you apparently do live under a rock. and since marriage is a legal term, one that does not belong to you i might add, then yes...we do have to use that term. hopefully we can give it a good name since you man-woman fanatics have butchered it so badly! you should be embarrassed

April 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  144. dc

oh yes–I am a Christian.. I see ya'll are bent on your ways.. I do say my prayers and pray for unbelievers every night.. The Lord loves the sinner–does not like the sin.. so I will have to say I love ya'll but not your wicked ways.. I am out of here.. thank the Lord I live in a God fearing community.. Ya'll need to examine your heart.. you know good and well that we grew up knowing what a marriage is..

April 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  145. R

DC, you certainly have a lot of hate in your heart for someone who is so close to the Lord.

April 12, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Dilly

Keep your church out of my state dc.

April 12, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Christian in CA

Oh, that's cool. Good for her and her partner. She's such a great actress, and I have loved some of the ascerbic characters she's played over the years. I've only caught a few eps of Glee, but it looks like a phenom show. I thought Prop 8 was disgraceful, and would much prefer to see people happy and loving each other than carrying guns in some fit of paranoia.

April 12, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Dilly

@ dc – maybe you should try acting more like the LORD!
    You are NOT a christian when you talk like that.

April 12, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  149. dc

ooh–you are really have my prayers.. scary language.. I see that you need to be closer to the Lord–then you would not say these things.. I can not wait to see the next headline that someone marries a monkey–a female lady marrying a female monkey–there is one to think of a name for–but the lady loves the monkey and loves spending time with that monkey–so I guess it is to love and marriage.. what an insult! I will never call 2 men or 2 women a marriage.. it saddens me to talk to unbelievers.. I can not imagine not having to love of the Lord in my heart.. Peace to you all..

April 12, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Lizzie

Jane is amazing in everything she does. Very entertaining and funny. Congratulations!!!!

April 12, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  151. R

DC, you might want to take into account that some of us don't want to be blessed by you, God, or anyone else.

Congrats to the two of them! I haven't seen much of her other work, but Sue Sylvester has got to be one of my favorite fictional characters EVER.

April 12, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  152. dc

oh yes and I do not live under a rock.. I am proud of my views –thank you..

April 12, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Roo1017

DC- According to Merriam-Webster this is a marriage. FYI

April 12, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Kelly B

Does it really matter what team she bats for? I think she's amazing. I loved her in Two and a Half Men. She's hilarious! Congrats!!!!

April 12, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Michele

Funny that some people actually believe that "real marriage" means one man and one women and children...what about those man/women couple who chose NOT to have a baby- is that a fake marriage? Marriage, by the way, was founded by men and used women as property. It was not about love at all. I am GLAD that marriage has evolved and should include all adults who want to share their lives- the good, bad moments.
    Congrats to Jane and her partner for wanting to have a real marriage.

April 12, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  156. dc

I can not produce children either but my stepchild has grown up in a loving nuturing home and has had an example of a Christian family.. oh I am sorry–ya'll do not like to hear that.. I am so sorry–ooppps.. yes–I am talking about the Lord.. someone that we all used to be able to talk about.. about 10 years ago.. God bless us all.. I am going back to my conservative God fearing friends now.. I just wanted to soften some of your ears with Godly words.. hope I made someone have a nice thought.. Bless your hearts..

April 12, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Thal

Hey DC, I can't produce kids, so does that mean my husband and I aren't really married? Go be a troll somewhere else.

Congrats Jane and Lara!!!

April 12, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Tracy

So excited for Jane Lynch! After watching, and loving, her for years it is so great to see the rest of the world finally catching on to her talent! Rarely does this happen in Hollywood at her age. Congrats on finding love as well, Jane!

April 12, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  159. L in Nevada

TylerD.....you are an idiot.

April 12, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Stephen

@DC – Take your conservative bigotry and go back under the rock you crawled out of, mm'k?

April 12, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  161. dc

doesn't matter–good actress or not–do not insult real married people by saying you have a marriage.. just say you are in a commited relationship.. meaning you are not going to hang out with another chic..ya'll need to come up with your own word for what you do and not use marriage.. it is like you use that word on purpose–just to make us mad.. just to say nanny nanny boo boo.. you need to come up with your own name for it..

April 12, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Lokari

dc wrote: "you are a woman–it is not a marriage.. a real marriage.. think about it.. i want to see the kids that you both produce"

So, the definition of marriage depends upon producing children? My spouse and I have been married for almost twenty years. It absolutely is a real marriage. But we don't have kids, so by your twisted definition, I guess it's not a real marriage after all. That's going to make our next anniversary dinner rather awkward!

April 12, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Rick Williams

DC – You are a total Dick!

April 12, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  164. amyinoaktown

Congrats Jane! Can't wait for Glee to be back on the air....you are so bad, you're good...

April 12, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  165. TylerD

I guess they'll be serving fish at the reception.

April 12, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Ray in L.A.

Jane is simply the best female comedic actress working today. It's great to see that she has reached a level of fame where her engagement gets picked up by CNN. All the best to her and Lara!

April 12, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  167. dc

Uh–sorry to tell you this–but you are a woman–it is not a marriage.. a real marriage.. think about it.. i want to see the kids that you both produce. You can say marriage–but that is malarky! you both know it–just hang out and do whatever you do–but do not call it marriage.. your parents were married–had babies.. you will not be!

April 12, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • AP

What about a man and a woman who are unable to conceive a baby? Are they not "married" because they are unable to reproduce? DC, you're just ignorant. Get a clue and lighten up.

August 26, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Janet L.

Great lady with deserved success and love! We're all happy for you, Jane.

April 12, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  169. lance corporal

she's great at creating characters, good for her

April 12, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Angela

Go Jane!!! She is one of the funniest women in entertainment today. I love her! So happy for her. Glee would not be the same without her.

April 12, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Yemisi

I love her too,bt av nt watch any of her movie nd also,she shud not forget dat dis is a life contract nd she enjoy it

April 12, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Um....what?

I feel like I need the German Enigma machine to decode your post.

June 18, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  172. MrsFizzy

And although a minor part she was great in Julie & Julia too! In fact all of the "past" parts of that were brilliant & she was no exception.

April 12, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  173. dara

Happy for her – she is an amazing actress..

April 12, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Glenn S.

Jane Lynch is such a talented actor, and so well-spoken in every interview with her I've seen... so I'm super happy to hear this news. Congratulations, girl!! Many years of happiness to you both!

April 12, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  175. DJem

If you haven't seen her movies – please see Best in Show and A Mighty Wind – she was absolutely hilarious in those. She was also very funny in The 40 Year Old Virgin as the store manager. I'm very happy for her.

April 12, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Yvette

I love her on Criminal Minds.

April 12, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  177. MrsFizzy

Geez, how comes Bruce Banner can say something like that & I'm so polite and I still can't figure out why they permanently blocked me from commenting on any of the news stories?!! WHY????????

Anyhoo...Congratulations Jane your star is still rising!

April 12, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Lily

i'm so excited for her! She is one of the most talented, hard working actresses out there! She has a role on criminal minds, glee, and she does so many movies! I loved her in role models and i loved her work on the L word. Hopefully california will repeal its hateful laws and she can get married here!

April 12, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Michael

So excited for this show to come back tomorrow night! The Madonna episode next week sounds incredible – the leaked tracks are amazing – it's sure to be a highlight of this already great season. http://thesmogger.com/2010/04/12/a-gleeful-return/

April 12, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Gina in San Jose

Congratulations! She's super funny!

April 12, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  181. LBW

I've only seen her in Two and a half men and I think she is great. I'm happy for her. Life is hard enough and to find a good partner is a beautiful thing.

April 12, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Samantha

Good for her!! She was also AMAZING on The L Word!

April 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |