April 12th, 2010

Conan O'Brien coming to TBS

testing captions
testing captions

And the winner of the Conan O'Brien sweepstakes is ... TBS.

According to a press release sent out by the cable network (which, like CNN, is a unit of Time Warner), the comedian is joining TBS to host a late-night show that is expected to debut in November. O'Brien's show will be followed on TBS' schedule by George Lopez's "Lopez Tonight," which will move to midnight.

"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theater, and now I'm headed to basic cable," O'Brien said in the statement. "My plan is working perfectly."

He also Tweeted Monday: "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."

O'Brien is currently embarking on a nationwide comedy tour, but he made bigger headlines earlier this year when NBC decided to move Jay Leno back to "The Tonight Show's" late-night slot. O'Brien, who had been hosting "Tonight," left the network.

Since his departure at the end of February, O'Brien has joined Twitter and decided to follow someone at random; launched a 32-city comedy tour (which will include much of his "Tonight Show" crew); and been the subject of countless rumors as to where he will land when a non-compete clause with NBC is over.

1. game mobile hot myfish

I have been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i'm satisfied to convey that I've a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I so much indisputably will make certain to do not omit this website and provides it a glance regularly.

August 14, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Watch For Men

Along with everything that appears to be developing throughout this particular subject material, many of your points of view tend to be relatively stimulating. Even so, I appologize, but I can not give credence to your whole strategy, all be it exciting none the less. It seems to us that your remarks are not entirely validated and in reality you are generally yourself not even totally confident of the assertion. In any case I did appreciate reading through it.

June 6, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. Rolex Gold

Together with almost everything that appears to be building throughout this particular subject matter, all your points of view are actually relatively refreshing. However, I beg your pardon, because I do not give credence to your entire theory, all be it refreshing none the less. It seems to everybody that your remarks are actually not entirely justified and in simple fact you are generally your self not even completely certain of the assertion. In any case I did appreciate reading through it.

June 6, 2011 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  4. Assobselegype

Hi
    http://macleod.job.ec/02/Bicycle-disc-brake-review.html – Bicycle disc brake review
    http://macleod.job.ec/02/Wheels-for-bicycles.html – Wheels for bicycles
    http://macleod.job.ec/Bicycle-gear-riding.html – Bicycle gear riding
    http://macleod.job.ec/Bicycle-builder-custom.html – Bicycle builder custom

G'night

February 25, 2011 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  5. kinnie

Hi

December 28, 2010 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. Hunter

Music won't change how O'Brien comes across in that commercial where he is dancing without music. He's an a.. with or without music

December 12, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. Chris Hetzelt-Pretzel

Ask, what does apathy do to me ? Ooops, I forgot to care. Um, ADHD

and subconscous psychiatry running through people or do I over analyze

things. The swing – I hooked my swing up to the cellar ceiling over a

hole in the ground which seemes to have no bottom. I will swing back

and forth all day not caring about depth.

October 28, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  8. LB

Conan is not or never has been funny..............How he ever got on TV is amazing......if the taste in this country is going toward people like Conan.........God Help the USA

October 26, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Deborah

I am so not a fan of Conan, when he was on NBC, wasn't a fan, if he was able to strike a deal on CBS, not a fan, and now while he is bumping George Lopez's show to midnight makes me even more Not a Fan. He was bumped from NBC in the first place because of his ratings, I honestly do not think he will do well on TBS, but as they say to each his own. He simply is not cool, or funny and what is up with that Hair?

October 18, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. rosa esther moralez

miss you conan, can't wait to see your new show..

October 14, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  11. Matt McIntosh

We love you Coco...can't wait to see the new show!

April 15, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. melissa

YEAH!YEAH!YEAH! For coco i love Conan! I cannt wait to see what he going to be bring to TBS its great for Conan and TBS Go Team Coco

April 15, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  13. CaptainObvious

Of course Lopez is on board with it. Nobody knows who he is. Following Conan, suddenly he'll be in the limelight.

April 14, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jennie

Guys, Conan's not hurting Lopez like Leno did to him. Conan will actually boost ratings for Lopez as most people will just keep watching as the show ends: Just like how many people only watch Leno because he's on right after the popular NBC 11 o'clock news.

April 14, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Michael

I'm glad for Conan. He deserves to be on network tv but the majority of people in this country don't appreciate the true comedian that he is. By the way, George Lopez is not that funny!

April 14, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Valenthizz

Jay Leno sucks ass.

im glad conan is coming on at 11. cause when thats done, i can switch it right over to jimmy kimmel

April 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Rob

Well Conan ! What's next ?Maybe you can get a job asking if you would like fries with that.Can you imagine how famous you could be as the hamburger manager.

There is no shame in hard work poor baby.Show biz gives that tougher skin when it comes to viral critics.

Just imagine the freedom of being a regular Joe.

LOL

TtHE WOMEN ALL OVER YOU WHEN YOU ARE DOWN HERE IN THE TRENCHES.!
    "NA NA NA NA BOO BOO!"

I love your show and I hope your tour is a success.

It's one thing to feel down and out, it's when you are actually down and out. that really sucks.

April 14, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  18. Darren

With so many Americans and Citizens orldwide without jobs, I find the whole topic vulgar, from the $60M payoffs etc to the new contracts, there is no empathy from these guys to their fellow human beings, while Jimmy from down the block is looking for a new job and trying to ensure that his family is fed , we have these guys with smiles that exude glutoney, it doesn't even register to them that it's an innappropriate time to rub peoples noses in such deals, also these guys aren't brain surgeons they can read an autoqueue that list jokes and gags written by someone else.
    Anway I guess there's one less thing I can worry about now I couldn't eat couldn't sleep I was so worried about how Conan would find another job before his $150M ran out.

April 14, 2010 at 5:57 am | Report abuse |
  19. Jimbo

GONAD!!
    Are you kidding me? The whiskers?? Awesome. I'm never shaving again!! I'm talking about my nards of course!

April 14, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  20. victoriouswomen

You had your back, Conan,

The media wanted you to make a loud sound, but you handled your business well.

April 13, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  21. MoGarlic

Please come check out some of my recipes and story @ http://www.mogarlic.worldpress.com

April 13, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Larry

TBS does not have local affiliates to contend with. Many affiliates like the time after news for their own programming because they make more money than if they carry a network show. Many local ABC affiliates push Night Line to a later slot so they can show more lucrative locally sponsored programming. The same could have happen to Conan if he was on FOX and many affiliates did not want to give up that time period.

April 13, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. MoGarlic

Please come check out some of my recipes and story!

April 13, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Henry Rollins

What!?!?! What a big mistake by TBS. They should put Conan on the 12:00 slot. Lopez tonight is great at 11:00 very funny. I will not watch Conan nor will i stay up until 12:00 to watch the better show in Lopez Tonight. Lopez Tonight's rating were so good they destroyed Conan on nbc thats why he got booted. Now they put him on over Lopez. BAD MOVE!

April 13, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  25. valtertricolor

olá meu nome é
    @_@ Valter@_@

Adoorrei......

April 13, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  26. dko

I love Coco and believe Jay is the root of all entertainment evil. However, I think you're making a very bad choice here Conan. TBS?! I cannot even comprehend this move. Clearly, Fox did not have the slot right now but if cable is the only option, check out HBO or Comedy Central. TBS is not good.

April 13, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  27. onyx

Does this mean he will now be moving the show to Atlanta?

April 13, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  28. quixoticzephyr

Late nights are when I begin to stress over work... damn it!

April 13, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  29. Eric

I think Coco is actually going to make TBS a major player in late night TV. It's kind of cool that TBS is going to offer up something other then another re-runs of Friends or Everybody loves Raymond. At least he has 5 years to get himself established. NBC gave him 5 months then wanted to renogotiate. I think Conan is going to come back with a vengence. I think he will do his best to prove NBC wrong. He will try and beat Jay and Dave and grab that #1 spot NBC so desperately wanted.

Good luck Coco!

April 13, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  30. yo

COCO LOPEZ!!!!!

April 13, 2010 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  31. zudak

I think being on TNT pretty much seals the non-compete clause and he could air shows immediately. Prepare yourself for horrible Ted Turner / atlanta braves / nascar jokes.

April 13, 2010 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  32. Matt McIntosh

Thank goodness you found a home!

We all miss you CoCo!

April 13, 2010 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  33. Armytazman

Will conan just figure out what we all know he is not that funny,,,, plus now i won't see lopez because i have to work early,,,,, what else can conan screw up for us,,,,,, tbs get ready for the ratings to drop on that time slot now,,,,,,

April 12, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  34. TechGuru

This is horrible, now I have to sign up for Cable/Satellite to see my favorite comedian.

April 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Amss

Ha thats pretty cool BUT i think george lopez should air at the same time as now and conan can air after! i mean...back in the good old days it used to be jay leno first then conan even later! ha why break the tradition? hehe go conan!

April 12, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  36. brdy

George Lopez is a terrible comedian and definitely not funny

April 12, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Kristina

We always believed in you, Coco!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3YO094yGK0&w=640&h=390]

April 12, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  38. MDurbin

Ha! Can't keep the Co-man down!!!

April 12, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  39. mushymushroom

Hmmm...

I am happy that Conan is back...or will be back on tv...

Conan's fans unite! Let's support him...!

To the haters, get a life..! lol...

April 12, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  40. digthis

Jack in Des Moines. Are you still using 56k to connect to the internet?
    Truly you are a Leno fan.
    Anyone watching Leno is still using Netzero or AOL and Friendster. While most of the Conan people are using Twitter, Fiber optics, and iPhone.

April 12, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  41. digthis

Cool!
    Conan's not pulling a Leno. Lopez was on board with this because Conan is a good Lead-In..

it will definitely give Lopez the ratings. Pretty smart for Lopez because his show was crumbling.

Pretty cool of Conan's people to chat with George about this first before accepting.

April 12, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  42. theellingtonpost

Conan belongs in late night television! I'll be watching!

April 12, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jack in Des Moines

Perfect!! A comic I never watch on a station I never watch. There is a God.

April 12, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  44. bigfred

Wow this guy just won't go away, he wasn't funny on NBC and he won't be funny on TBS. Face it the guy is just NOT funny! I hope it doesn't hurt George's show! He a lot funnier than Conman!!!
    I think ANDY would make a better show than this guy!
    Sorry Folks, he's just not funny!

April 12, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Sency

this is a bad move for Conan – i don't know what channel TBS is on my TV

April 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Rupert

What's all the fuss? Conan is without talent, so what difference does it make what channel he is on since the masses won't be watching anyway

April 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Tommunisms

"I'm With Lolo"?

April 12, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Kristi

Not that anyone seems to be reading these comments anyways ... it's all just repeats:
    "omg TBS sux"
    "lol Conan is doing to Lopez what Leno did to him" ->wrong! Look it up.
    "I hate Conan"
    "I hate Leno"
    Like anyone cares.

April 12, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Elaine

Unemployment benefits have been extended for some US filers but not for all. As of today anyone who is about to run out of benefits will not be getting an extension due to a few Republican Senators who feel that we are just "bums" and looking to continue on this free ride. I have been struggling to find work in every way that I can think of as have thousands of other Americans with no luck. To say that I have worked for over 20 years and have never before collected and am now a "bum" is deplorable and disgusting. The greed in our government along with the stupidity level is ever increasing. To think that the small amount that we get compared to our past paychecks is keeping us from being motivated to find work is sickening. I have been ashamed at times to know that I am an American citizen – now I am just flat out disgusted. This government has and always will be a complete let-down.

April 12, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Kristi

jeri is so right!!
    There are plenty of people that love watching all 3 late-nighters. If you don't like Conan, good for you, you have your own thoughts and opinions! Now don't be a dick and try to convert people to think what you think.

Conan moving to TBS means I won't be able to watch him in Canada until either they have it streaming live or come back to Canada.

I would like to say though, Conan's final speech on the Tonight Show was very moving.. he is a very thoughtful, considerate man, unlike most of the others out there. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you go watch it on youtube or something.

April 12, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  51. ScottW

Sadly, I think he'll go in the same direction as that one time wildly popular *shock jock* with long curly hair, big schnoz, and a penchant for fart jokes. What was his name? Where did he go? Is he still alive?

April 12, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Its whatever

Appropriate home for a guy who couldn't beat Letterman ih the ratings.

April 12, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Analyze This

Not a bad move but, there are still pockets of resistance to cable TV and dish subscriptions. Those with rabit ears are out of luck unless TBS posts his shows on their web site the next day.

April 12, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Roy

IIRC, TBS has been pretty good about showing full episodes of shows online.

I hope they keep up with that with Conan.

April 12, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Trent

Lopez was on board. Likely, it's because his ratings will go UP with Conan as a lead-in.

April 12, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. millie

YOU WILL DO GREAT

April 12, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Chuck

George Lopez is the WORST. TBS is stepping up their game bigtime with this move. And for all you Lopez lovers out there, this is nothing like what Jay did to Conan. Guaranteed Lopez will do much better in the ratings now that he has Conan as his lead-in.

April 12, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Jeff

David Georgia: NBC is available over-the-air (OTA), TBS is cable-only. There's a movement among Conan's core demographic (college students, recent grads, hipsters, late Gen-Xers, etc) of ditching cable/satellite and consuming television via Internet, P2P services and digital OTA. That being said, Conan and his people are probably aware of this and know it doesn't matter what channel he's on as much as how flexible that network is in regard to online strategy.

April 12, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Ed

Conan is a hack, leave George at 11PM

April 12, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Jess

TEAM LOCO !!! Lopez and Coco

April 12, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  61. bernard

sucks for george lopez im a fan and think hiis doing a great job a that time slot i dont think i will be watching conan

April 12, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  62. jeri

I'm not even in Conan's demographic but he is the absolute funniest man. Leno stopped being funny about 1995, same mean-spirited humor for the last 15 years. Letterman is fine but not as goofy and silly as Conan.

Sure, he's not everyone's favorite but that's why we have more than one channel!

April 12, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  63. mjwilstein

TBS quickly put together this video promo for the show:

April 12, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Jennifer

who cares. He is insulting, and not ready for prime time.

April 12, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Thohaptaste

hello

how are you?
    let's talk :)
    my name is Andreyka i from africa

April 12, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Bob Merideth

Conan is doing EXACTLY to Lopez what he was crying about regarding Leno, and "team conan" seems to have NO problem kicking him to the curb!

Screw Conan! I hope that evil hypocrite FAILS!

I'M WITH LOLO!!!

April 12, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jason

I've been a fan of Conan since he started, but he cannot compete with Comedy Central from 11-midnight. He should've signed with Comedy Central at 10pm (or elsewhere at 10pm).

April 12, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  68. PenguinMama

I'm not sure how well Conan will mesh with the likes of George Lopez and *shudder* Tyler Perry.

April 12, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Mel

Can't wait!!!! TEAM COCO!!!!

April 12, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  70. ScottyB85

Thank God! Good to see Conan coming back. TBS can't move George Lopez far enough back.

April 12, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  71. RW

Lopez Tonight is the worst show on television, hands down.

April 12, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  72. muhrvis

Hooray! Welcome back!

April 12, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Michael S. Jones

It's amazing that so many people felt he was such a great comedian. Leno was at the top of his game and they pulled him. NBC is the idiot network for pulling their leading show for a newbie that has not shown that much promise.

April 12, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  74. LB

SOOOOOOO glad he did not go to FOX. Hate them.

April 12, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Mike

This guy just isnt funny enough to be on television, I see him being booted again.

April 12, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  76. laura TJ

Let's hope it works I will watch . GO CONAN !!!

April 12, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Manny Fresh

On the west coast, we watch Lopez at 8pm – guess TBS doesn't have a separate east/west coast feed. So, I'll be DVRin' CoCo at 8pm, and watchin' Daily Show at 11.

April 12, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Sheila

Why are they pushing Lopez to midnight. I will never get to see him except on the friday nights as I do go to work early in the morning.

April 12, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Raspberry Snapple

Aaawww, no fair! We don't get TBS! :(

I'm very happy for Conan. And glad he's back on the air, but boo for me.

April 12, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  80. nat

YES! I hope he goes on at 11, so Leno can SUCK IT!

April 12, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Andrew

Good move! Less ratings pressure and more freedom from network content standards.

April 12, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  82. tony

I'm a fan of coco!!! but not if he's starting the cycle of pushing someone else's slot, like it was done to him. For those of you that are hating on Lopez, quit your crying he tells you how it is. Bleep and all!

April 12, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Gilemena

Hurray.

I'm so glad I don't have cable.

April 12, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Nancy

So George Lopez is supporting his employer's decision to move him to midnight to hopefully get better ratings for the late night line up. Hmm...maybe Conon can learn something from George.

April 12, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  85. joe

Hooray for Coco!

April 12, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  86. The Mad Man

Oh god Conan on TBSI just do not like that freak of a clown!!!

April 12, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Li Ran

Only stupid Latinos like Lopez. He's an unfunny jerk.

April 12, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  88. greg

the networks need to stop stacking the same types of show againts each other. i want to watch all these (jon stewart/conan/colbert) one after the other not spread out and online. younger people with a brain keep getting pushed around by these no nothing old media pencil pushers.

April 12, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  89. David

Makes no difference to me where any of these talk show hosts goes. I very rarely watch them. Used to catch their shows if someone like Tom Hanks or Bruce Willis makes an appearance; but they don't ever say anything important or useful anymore. It's just a bunch of silliness. Best talk show I enjoy is William Snatner's Raw Nerve on the Biography Channel. He really gets serious on this great show and really talks to his guests.

April 12, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Denny

Let’s see, how can I put this delicately... WHO CARES!!!

April 12, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Michelle

I just knew he'd come back. They said not to call him and he'll come crawling back. I knew he'd realize how much he missed me! My boyfriend's back! <3

April 12, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  92. McCain Maniac

Arrested Development was killed because of ratings and it will go down as one of the best written television shows of all time. Ratings mean nothing. The same ratings would probably tell you Justin Bieber is an amazing musician.

April 12, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  93. coco

UGH. I wanted SO bad for him to go on Comedy Central. Stewart. Colbert. Conan. South Park. Sounds like a perfect night.

April 12, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Jason from Hollywood

I think it's funny that people are writing that Jay Leno is funny on here. It's like when the FOXNews fans write on here that it's a news network...

April 12, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Gene

As much as I like Leno none of his routines will go down in comedy history. Carson had Karnack the Magnificent, the sleazy TV salesguy, the redneck and others. Maybe Leno has "Jaywalking" but Conan has the skits where he does that convoluted talk with Max, the thing where one guy keeps finishing his sentences, Conando, the driveby skits with Andy Richter, In the year 2000, Celebrity opinions – they're all genius – all his location bits are great. I can't think of one skit that falls short. His monologues are even the best of all four late night hosts. His time with the Tonight show faltered because the venue was physically too big so he lost the intimacy and he felt the need to constrain for an earlier audience.

April 12, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Chad

TBS is still around?

April 12, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Ian

And screw George Lopez. Conan manned a truly funny "Late Night" for over a decade, wrote for SNL and The Simpsons, and was screwed with the Tonight Show gig. George Lopez is a big pile of failure who appeals to morons. Everything he has tried to do has sucked, his sitcom was garbage and his stand up blows. Lopez is lucky his show isn't canceled, and he's going to get bigger ratings at midnight just because he won the "I'm following Conan" lotto. Me sitting on a couch at midnight in my underwear would get better numbers than Lopez at 11.

April 12, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  98. JHC

I don't get TBS so I guess this whole thing means nothing to me

April 12, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Conans_Buddy

I don't get all the hype over Conan O'Brien, he's just not that funny nor pleasant to even look at!

April 12, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  100. headwriter

This is great for all the Team Coco whiners....all 500 of them now have something to watch!

April 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  101. ALEX!~

"Coco" is Still a LOSER!!

April 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Ian

TBS? Really? They must have given the Godfather offer. Waaay more money and complete creative control. Maybe an island too.
    This might be funnier. I think that Fox must have been creeping him out. They must have been gunning for him, but their track record at late night comedy suggests that they don't let funny people do their thing. Really broad stuff. That's not Conan. I just don't see TBS being able to promote the show the way Fox could have.

April 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  103. melina

it sucks the lopez show will move to midnight, i can stay up the late : (

April 12, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  104. C. Eric Jacobson

"My plan is working perfectly"....classic Coco right there. Good stuff!

April 12, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Johnny-Joe

CoCo, baby. I'm glad you're back. May Leno fade into obscurity.

April 12, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  106. stephen

wow this is breaking news?

April 12, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Jimmy

George should be first. End of Story. O'brien had his shots and has shown what he can do.

April 12, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  108. lucy2

Yay! Looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of the Daily Show though, so too bad they'll be on at the same time, but I usually DVR the Daily Show anyway.

April 12, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Dee

I agree with al. Jay Leno didn't start all this, Conan did. He wanted Jay's job and then bombed. Not Jay Leno's fault his ratings were low. The follow in was the news, not Jay Leno. He left the station when they wanted to push him back and then he left. Now he's doing the same thing to George Lopez. I see him as a cry baby and troublemaker. On top of that he's not even funny.

April 12, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Chris

So, George Lopez is gonna refuse to be pushed to the mid night slot now? And the cycle continues......

April 12, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Saboth

I thought for sure he'd end up at Fox. Sucks for Lopez, but then again, Conan has more hilarity in the snippet of pinky fingernail he cut off this morning than Lopez's whole body.

April 12, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  112. David Georgia

Some comments which make no sense: From Jeff, "Conan's fan base consists of a generation that doesn't care to subscribe to old fashioned cable." NBC is a network that's included in basic cable. So, not sure what your point was. If anything basic cable makes the show more accessible, not less. And from Mark Holmes: "Not that it will matter nobody watches TBS anyway!" TBS has great numbers. In fact their numbers are higher than ever. Family Guy draws huge numbers of the same fans that followed Conan. And I'm pretty sure TBS wouldn't be ponying up the bucks if they didn't expect the show to generate the numbers needed to justify the cost.

April 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  113. raquela

Come on George didn't u learn anything from the Conan / Lenno thing? I live on the west coast and sorry George luv ya to death but will have to dvr u now. What a stupid move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  114. thomas

I'm calling BS on this.

April 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Matt

Leno gets higher ratings because most Americans have less than average intelligence. And...they cant deal with change.

"But Leno been on that square box in my living room for over a decade...whats we to do!...they got some redheaded man on there now and he doesn't do any knock knock jokes...Martha!...write a letter to NBC!!"

April 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Chris

BOOOOOOOO!!!! No TBS in Canada!

April 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Hannah

Lopez tonight is awful, but I will definitely be watching Conan once Family Guy reruns are over!!

April 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  118. colin

Trust me, this has to be good for lopez. I understand why people would say that he's now doing what leno ( / NBC) did to him, but the difference is that george lopez will experience a huge upswing in viewership following Conan. I don't know how many people tune into Lopez now, but it will increase. everybody wins on this one

April 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  119. jc

Who cares what station? He is back on the air!

April 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Tina

Yeah!!! Conando is finally coming back! :D

April 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  121. HoseB

NOOOOOO... I love Lopez Tonight at 10 CST but I also like Conan.
    What to do

April 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  122. JD

Yea go Coco!!!!!!!!!! Good by NBC and Leno.

April 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Lisa

Good for Conan and it's great that George Lopez personally called him.

Actually ratings had nothing to do with why Leno still has a job and Conan doesn't. In fact Leno's ratings were flopping as well. Conan had about the same ratings, it's just that he wasn't gaining anymore. Of course after only 7 months, he wouldn't be. Usually it takes about 1-3 years but he was only given 7 months. Not trying to offend but don't talk about things you haven't researched and/or know nothing about.

April 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Erin

To those that are complaining that this is not breaking news...don't freakin click on the story! Just because CNN says it's breaking news does not mean you have to read it! Go get your news somewhere else if you don't like it. Sheesh!

April 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Mike

The whole "ironic hipster" thing that Conan does is tiresome . . . and while one could say that Jay and his rim-shot punch lines are also worn out, at least Jay doesn't come across as a patronizing, pseudo-intellectual like Conan does.

April 12, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  126. JollyJill

I did not watch Conan at any of his slots so I could care less if he comes back at all. I only watched bits & pieces of Lopaz and worse than Conan. Maybe O'Brien & Lopaz should get together; one is as goofy as other. Lene & Letterman is much better to watch.
    TBS has very few shows worth watching and certainly not O'Brien.

April 12, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  127. masturbatingbear

Protoplasm, eh James?

Snort, cough... MMmmmm.... let me adjust my pocket protector, I submit that Conan O' Brien is Protoplasm!! ... Yessiree, and he is not funny like Carl Sagan was, now that was a commedian! Gee wilikers, by golly! <- James: That is you!! Oohhh... BURN!

April 12, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Roy

From another article:

"The talks with TBS heated up in the last two weeks. As recently as a month ago, Turner executives had indicated they had little interest in going after O'Brien. Lopez has given them some solid numbers with younger viewers and is a contrast to Comedy Central's late-night duo of Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert.

But in the last few weeks, Turner's entertainment chief Steve Koonin changed his mind and started negotiating with O'Brien to come to the cable channel. O'Brien was game but did not want to go without Lopez being on board with the idea."

Quite a contrast from Leno's screwover of Conan.

April 12, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  129. mark

this is great news.

yes, of course it will be in HD.

fox had too many issues relating to distribution. they don't own the affiliates etc and affiliates are already happy with the profit they're making in that hour.

April 12, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Eddie

Sweet!! I never really watched TBS but I will now. I will follow CoCo anywhere!! I'm glad he can now own his own show and have less restrictions than basic television. My mind is trying to comprehend the type of material he can do now without all the red flags. Hurry back CoCo!

April 12, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Jerry

Awesome, I am glad Conan managed to land elsewhere. Now I will make an effort to watch his show on TBS.

April 12, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  132. let's be real

For the tools that don't watch TBS, I suppose that watching Lifetime is WAY better, right? Get real.

April 12, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Lopez stinks

THANK GOD !!!!! Conan is the man and i do not feel bad about him bumping George Lopez because Lopez tonight is a the worst late night show there is. Now there will actually be something worth watching on TBS other than Family Guy. WELCOME BACK COCO!

P.S. George Lopez is just awful, Not funny at all and ugly as hell

April 12, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Sam

George Lopez doesn't steal jokes, Carlos Menstealia does. Let's get our Hispanic comedy show hosts correct.

Jay Leno steals jobs.

April 12, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Michelle

I love how this is CNN's "breaking news".... sad.

April 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Jason from Hollywood

Great. Now TBS isn't locked in to airing his show just during that time slot. Lopez is already quickly becoming a draw in late night, now he and Conan can really change things up...I can't wait for those rainy Saturdays when they run 4 hours of Conan...F Jay

April 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  137. flavoter

Why do people keep falling into these traps.... It's the same with these so called news outlets.

These people are all over payed whiners from Conan, Glenn Beck (types to Kieth Oberman these people make money off our pains

April 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  138. ME

Ok, Conan pulled a small Leno. He booted Lopez's show to midnight to make room for his show. So he kinda did the same thing Leno did to him to Lopez. Go figure!

April 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Michael

George Lopez has a talk show?

April 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  140. WhoCaresCNN

way to go cnn.......BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

thank you cnn for being on top of your game. I can always count on you to bring me the most important up to date events in a timely manner. I also appreciate consistently breaking the most important news to be brought to my attention.

April 12, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Erin

So happy to see Conan landing a new gig! And to the people who think he won't get ratings–the beauty of it is there won't be as much pressure for him to water down his program to win over a mainstream audience to get ratings. It's cable–so it's not like they necessarily expect him to compete with the big dogs. As long as his core fans stick with him, he'll be fine. So glad to see that he didn't land at one of the big 4 networks–now he can be as innovative and creative as he wants to be. Really looking forward to seeing his new show!

April 12, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  142. pete

conan is a really funny guy, hope it works out for him! Might see him in Vegas next month!

want to hear some good new rock and roll? check out The Barstool Saints. http://www.myspace.com/thebarstoolsaints

April 12, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  143. scratcheshead

how is this CNN breaking for the nation? The only people that I believe care about this is those in the industry, or his mom. Breaking news should be of major societal effect. CNN has low standards or its a slow Monday.

April 12, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Chris

Jay is still the best.

He always beat Dave and Conan in the rating numbers game.

April 12, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Kay

In case the lazy ones didn't ready, Jackie posted this piece from another article I presume.

According to TBS, talks began in earnest just last week – and after "Lopez Tonight" star George Lopez personally gave O'Brien a call.
    “I can’t think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in,” Lopez said. “It’s the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy.”

So Lopez supports the move and personally called him. Actually a lot of people have TBS, I'm not sure what world some people are living in or if they are just assuming which is possible as well but the majority have TBS with their cable.

My post was not meant to offend by the way.

April 12, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Cro_Morgan

It's cooler to be on cable – way cooler. Networks blow.

April 12, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  147. a

As much as I'm not a Leno fan, I really think it was NBC's hand that moved him to Conan's slot, not his own choice.

April 12, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  148. macmvn

Lopez gets more viewers by Conan fans not changing channel @ midnight.

April 12, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  149. DrKnife

Man, talk about musical chairs...

April 12, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  150. scott

who cares....he's just not funny that's why he was looking for a job.

April 12, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  151. me in NH

mid-night on TBS – that sucks

April 12, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Laura T

I am so happy he's coming back!!! He is hillarious!!!!!!

April 12, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Rooftop

Wow, it's a good thing George Lopez's show sucks, or I might be upset...

April 12, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  154. J

Conan really should go back to what he does best, and brilliantly, writing. However, as wrong as he was for the "Tonight Show", he may do well in a niche sort of way at TBS. We shall see.

April 12, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Joebama

I've only watched George Lopez once. With G Lo after CoCo, I may watch more. So, I'd say good move TBS!

April 12, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  156. themoi

No matter what network he's on, he's still NOT FUNNY. He is part of the dumbing down of American culture and comedy. Fie on Conan.

April 12, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Becky

Whooo!

April 12, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Sky

Turner has always been more in tune with what people want to see than NBC was.

April 12, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  159. LMAO

As much as I like Conan, how is this breaking news?

April 12, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Justin

Conan AND George Lopez? TBS is going to OWN latenight!

April 12, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  161. JS

Fox SUCKS. 1st by not insisting 24 stay on AND do their movies. Now, by not locking down Conan.

April 12, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Ken Nambu

He'll never beat Leno. Heck, he won't beat the late local news. But it will be fun hearing about him try.

April 12, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  163. 404error

He should have gone to comedy central, Daily Show, Colbert report, followed by Conan!

That would have been awesome!

April 12, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Cole

Bye bye Lopez! You're lucky you even have a show you racist!

April 12, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  165. tweety bird

Whats TBS?

April 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Kanye West

COCO SUCKSASS

April 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  167. BrianMcCannFan

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    I will see you at Dodge Theatre on the 30th Conan!

April 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  168. ADRI

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE CONAN!

April 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  169. al

Conan is pushing another show back one hour?
    Conan had it made following Leno but his ego got to him.
    Conan bombed on the tonight show.
    Conan bombed on the tonight show.
    Ratings were half of what Leno got.
    Conan tried to screw Leno out of the Tonight show and Bombed and
    NBC Was happy to see him go.
    Everyone blames Leno but he did not start this mess,Conan did it to himself.
    I wish him luck,lets see what happens to Lopez.

April 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Person

Conan O'Brien was our server last Wednesday at Red Robin.

April 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Jim

Even on TBS, he still will not be funny. Now if Lopez going to cry like a baby for how he's being treated?

April 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Gina in San Jose

He'll be funny no matter what channel he's on. I only really watch TBS for the Law & Order marathons, but I'll watch for Conan. Glad to see he landed a gig, and even more glad that it's not on a FOX station!

April 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Bill

Wow, TBS? How the so-called mighty have fallen. I guess ABC and Fox realized they didn't want to overpay for third-place in the late night shows.

April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Rebecca A. Bozeman

Love it! Love it! Love it!

April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  175. CherylS

It will be interesting to see if all the people who hollered and made Jay Leno out to be satan himself really will support Conan O'Brien when he's back on the air. And the ultimate will be who really wins the late night when they all are competing against each other.

April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Jeff

What is TBS? Never heard of it!!!!

April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  177. DIRTYHORSE

Perfect move. Now I can never see him.

April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Matt

11pm is too early for Late Night. Why cant they move Lopez, who no one watches...to 1230?

April 12, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Stewart in OR

He stayed true to his final comments – it would have been hypocritical to go with a mean spirited station like Fox. Glad the rumors were not true. Way to go CONANAN!!! Can't Wait!

April 12, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Tayupe

COCO, COCO, COCO, TEAM COCO RULES!!!!

April 12, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Isaac

CoCo forever!

April 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Head Diva In Charge

Good for TBS, scored themselves a big fish. Hopefully Conan will live up to the hype.

April 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Glopezfan

WTH- I love Lopez, not a good move by TBS.

April 12, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  184. smooth move exlax

I'm thinking Conan will have more freedom to say what ever he wants on TBS even if he does get the operation.

April 12, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Roy

Lopez supported this move and personally called Conan about it, so it shouldn't be compared to Leno.

April 12, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Anthony

Not sure if TBS is the right place for Conan to go. I would think Fox or Comedy central would be more fitting.

April 12, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  187. d1120

He's going backwards....like he says.

April 12, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Jimbonics

Who the hell watches TBS?

April 12, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  189. john k

obama ate my baby!

April 12, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Ki

I'm surprised Fox didn't get him. They seemed like the real contender, but I guess TBS is making a play at having a strong late night lineup. I wonder how Lopez is taking push back to midnight for Conan.

April 12, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  191. james

Watched one show on NBC, then scheduled that time to pick my nose. That was more interesting. He's a useless pile of protoplasm.

April 12, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Jeff

Not good. Conan's fan base consists of a generation that doesn't care to subscribe to old fashioned cable. I hope TBS has some bold online plans (ie. live streaming)

April 12, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  193. james

Lots of respect for Lopez there, eh? Just another bleep to the network.

April 12, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Roy

Why not Fox....TBS is good, but this frankly stinks because he won't get very good ratings on Cable.

April 12, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  195. briano

Ugh...Conan needs to slip quietly into obscurity.

April 12, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Ray

Keep it rolling CoCo! Can't wait!

April 12, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Jackie

According to TBS, talks began in earnest just last week - and after "Lopez Tonight" star George Lopez personally gave O'Brien a call.

April 12, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  198. JC

April 12, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  199. David in Houston

At least Conan isn't pushing a comedian out of that time slot. Lopez is anything but funny.

April 12, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Maria

Yooohooo!!! So GLAD it won't be on Fox. Way to go, TBS!

April 12, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Dave

TBS?! they must have paid him a handsome amount. will it at least be in HD?

April 12, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Daniel

Im glad to hear that Conan is getting his own show again and i hope he beats Jay Leno after the pathetic move he made.

April 12, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  203. Mark Holmes

TBS.....Careful Conan Lopez will steal your jokes. Not that it will matter nobody watches TBS anyway!

April 12, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Matt Satriano

I cannot wait to watch Coco again!

April 12, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Paul

Thats good for Conan. But...it sounds like his new show will do the same thing to George Lopez. that Leno did to him.

April 12, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Ted K

TBS? Goodbye Conan then. Why not Fox? I liked him too. Still can't believe Leno went back to the Tonight show with his tail between his legs....he became NBC's corporate lap puppy...not cool Jay.

April 12, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Nick

Unsure if this is a great move. Still competing pretty heavily with Stewart and Colbert for his primary fanbase. Hope it works out. TEAM COCO!

April 12, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Heredes

Basic Cable just got the upgrade it needed !

– @Heredes

April 12, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Jackie

I can't wait! I'm glad Lopez was on board with it too so he wasn't pulling a Jay Leno.

April 12, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  210. crod

That sucks! I loved watchin George Lopez in that slot. Conan should be on at midnight, if ever at all!

April 12, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  211. ShadowTiger

Wow, he's pushing a show back to Midnight. The irony.

April 12, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  212. David40

Yeah - welcome back CoCo

April 12, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  213. nina rose

YaaaaaaaaAAAYyyyyyyyy!!!!! TEAM COCO, INViNCiBLE!

April 12, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |