April 9th, 2010

'Jersey Shore' will head back to Seaside for season 2

What would the "Jersey Shore" be without New Jersey?

MTV has announced that our favorite fist-pumpers are going back to where the magic first began for the show's second season: Seaside Heights, New Jersey.

Rumors circulated after season 1 ended that “Jersey Shore” would head south to Miami - they did, but not for long. After starting season 2 in South Florida, they’ll head back to home sweet home.

Everyone will be back for another summer at Seaside, including the Situation's abs and the Kim Kardashian of Staten Island, Angelina Pivarnick, who packed up her trash bag luggage halfway through season one.

"It's like a big family reunion after all this time," said Tony DiSanto, MTV's president of programming in an MTV interview. "We couldn't be more excited that the whole group is back together in Miami and that they'll be going back to Jersey when the sun heats up."

Be ready to beat up the beat when the season kicks off on Thursday, July 29 at 10 p.m. And if watching the crew's Gym, Tanning and Laundry sessions gives you reality star envy - and if you happen to be Persian - you can try out for a show currently being cast by the same company who brought us Snooki's hair bump.

Doron Ofir casting is looking for 21 and up Persian-Americans who "appear younger than 30" to show the world what being Persian is about, which, according to the Web site, is living a lifestyle most people are jealous of.

Best of luck to casting contenders.

Filed under: Jersey Shore • television

1. rachel

what is persian?????

July 22, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mushymushroom

@joel t.

I actually miss TRL.

Yeah MTV go back to basics now...we want music... *sigh*

April 12, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Phil

Living in Jersey, im sorry to say that the Jersey Shore tv show has already caused the mass breeding of D-bags at the shore. Please send them somewhere else. And some music on MTV would be great!

April 12, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mushymushroom

Btw,

How can you take a show seriously if they feature a guy named THE SITUATION...like SERIOUSLY...????

I never seen this show but I came to know this guy when TMz's making fun of him...!!!!!! lol

April 12, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mushymushroom

Btw,

How can you take a show seriously if they feature a guy named

April 12, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mushymushroom

I'm a huge MTV fan and this is a show that I NEVER watched.

Why do Americans love this kind of programs? I mean, all the nasty swearing, trashy clothings, and fist fights for the dumbest reasons...

Hope it gets cancelled...

April 12, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joel T.

I have a question for all of us (my self included) who complain
    EVERY TIME there is a news story about MTV...

It's obvious that alot of us remember MTV in it's hey day – back when "video killed the radio star" was the video to watch.

I know I have used the old tag line – "I want my MTV" -and I know I have read others using it as well.

Folks, MTV will continue showing crap like this until WE tell them to stop.

Thanks to CNN, we now know that TONY DISANTO is the PREISDENT of PROGRAMMING at MTV. Maybe if we call, e-mail, send letters, what ever it TAKES... We can get back the MTV we loved.

C'mon Tony, how much DID it cost to produce "Remote Control" or "Headbangers Ball". What about "Yo-MTV Raps" and "Beavis and Butt head"??? HOw much does it cost to send a film crew to record a concert for the "weekend concerts"???

Y'all give Tony Disanto a holler, lets tell him that WE WANT OUR
    M-TV... BACK!!!

Joel –

a proud member of the original m-tv viewers.

April 12, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Buddha

I went to Seaside every summer from age 15 to my mid 20's. First, it is sad that people are going to think that the girls in Jersey look and act like the hippos on the show. Second, the people on the show are made to look like they are 'cool'. I hate to tell ya, but they are the people we used to laugh at. The 30-somethings that still go to Seaside, hanging out with teenagers and college students. They are like the creepy 20 year olds that still hang out outside the high school and think they are really cool because the 16 year olds are impressed (when really, the kids make fun of them and are just using them for beer and car rides). And, as has been pointed out, from what I understand these people are not even residents of New Jersey. Are there some morons in Jersey that look and act like this? Sure, in East Hanover and Lodi and a few other areas there is a percentage of people. The majority of us Italian-American NJ residents are just like everyone else. Normal suburbanites.

April 12, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Head Diva In Charge

O boy – now I am excited. This is going to be one big train wreck that I am not going to want to stop watching!

April 12, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. Big Crappa

Speaking as a lifelong New Jersey rsident, the cast of this show is EXACTLY like every person I ever knew who hung out at the Jersey Shore (NJ and NY residents alike)
    This show is hilarious and with our soldiers dying in the Middle East, we should focus our energies on comlaining about more important things than The Situation and Snookie.
    Our society was degraded long before this show hit the airwaves.

April 12, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Really? I was at the shore this past weekend and never saw anyone like these inbred guido doushbags. Oh, I know why, its' because they don't let trash like that in Avalon.

June 14, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Megan

GREAT. way to make jersey look like trash.

April 12, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  12. Dmoney

This show will bomb due to thier originality going out the window. Now that they're TV stars and it's gone straight to thier ego's. I'm sure MTV will cancel the show after this season is over.

April 12, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. Brooke

Hahaha this show was def. entertaining. These guys are laughing all the way to the bank. In this economy I would be soaking up as much of those 15 minutes that I can get.

April 12, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  14. Theresa

These so called young people are perfect examples of why this society is degrading. If this crew has talent then I have some property in the swamps of Forida that would be great for building a house on!!!! They are members of the 15 minute of fame club,who their only talent is counting $$$$ all the way to the bank. I can't imagine why this show is having a 2nd season!!!

April 12, 2010 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sency

people love this show – i don't know why – but they do

April 12, 2010 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  16. bellaisabella

A total disgrace to us Italians

April 11, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jess

I heard they basically got kicked out of Miami, and that no clubs or restaurants would let them film because the owners were scared it would destroy their reputations to have those morons in their establishments. They HAD to go back to the Jersey Shore.

April 11, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pat

I still don't understand how they made this show in the first place

April 11, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Todd Gack

The depiction of NJ individuals in this manner is insulting and demeaning. These folks are not even from NJ, but mostly from NYC (which also is not a good representation). Stereotyping at its best, NJ/NYC at its worst. I watched one or two episodes and simply could not handle it. Even the women are not that attractive to consume the airtime MTV is spending their money on. Get back to what MTV was all about, Music, and focus on finding new, fresh, and interesting artists.

April 11, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. chickabee76

while people around the world are suffering and need help it really distresses me that people choose to spend their time watching this no brain show about people who are dumber than dirt. Their parents should be embarrased to see what they raised. I see no future for this country if THAT is going to make future decisions.

Absolutely sickening.

April 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Paul

I remember MTV when they played music.

April 11, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. capexcitemnt

'jersey shore' would be a good name for a mental hospital.

April 11, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. CLEE

Angelina shouldn't be on the 2nd season. She was in like 2 episodes in the first season. Shes not even part of that cast in my opinion. She just wants to cash in on the fame the others found.

April 11, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  24. Apu Whopooped

I have not seen this show, and would rather cut off my own testicles and eat them than ever watch it. All of these people should be confined to farms, and not ever allowed to vote.

April 11, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  25. Michael H.

It's interesting how many people hate this show. Yet, it sounds like everyone that posted a remark has watched it. That's why it's on again. People talk about this show. Remember when the first Real World was on 20 years ago. Most people hated it, thought it was a dumb show. Same with Beavis & Butthead adn even South Park. Yet, people talked about it which makes other people watch it to see what it is all about. I hated Jersey shore when i watched it the first time. Yet, it intrigued me enough to watch all the episodes along with millions of other people.

MTV is part of our culture. Positive or Negative.
    I too miss the "video years".

April 10, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Matt McIntosh

I am so glad that all the crappy shows like 24, Lost, Boston Legal, The Unit, Terminator, My Name Is Earl, Life, Reno 911, MadTV, and Conan O'Brien are gone, so we can have more room for quality shows like Jersey Shore.

April 10, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Latanya

Mtv sucks and the jersey shore sucks

April 10, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  28. H

is that a dead cat on Snookie's lump 3 feet above her ass?!

Jesus, what a freakshow!

April 10, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Abacab

Just goes to show they don't have the class to hang in the 305

April 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Heather

I grew up with MTV and the music videos... but there was also the Real World, Spring Break Live, and lets not forget Beavis and Butthead! It's still all the same, just now they've replaced the cartoon Beavis and Butthead with a bunch of real life characters! The Jersey Shore, to me, it VERY amusing! I watch it and find myself actually embarassed for them. I guess I just enjoy a good reality show that makes me feel better about myself!!!!

April 10, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  31. AS47

MTV has not so good shows, but i have to say this is the worst one!!
    I had never seen it and i always hear people talking about it, so i said to my self let's see what it's all about! WRONG!! to me it was insulting! a bunch of airheads making a big deal out of anything and everything, worrying about their looks too much, the six pack and what not. I mean what kind of message is this show sending teenagers?? oh yeah, get drunk, be as superficial as you can be, fight everyone, disrespect others and yourself!! MTV took out the music videos and replace them with stupid programs like Jersey Shore, PLEASE at least make a show worth watching!!

April 10, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ignatius718

This program is not insulting to Italian-Americans.
    It is insulting to humanity.

April 10, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  33. Natasha Parra

Uneducated people getting drunk and fighting is entertaining? I think not!

April 10, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  34. skip

I have to say that this is the dumbest TV show I've ever watched..one time was enough. If they really and truly believe that they are 'hot' and not saying and doing things only for the sake of TV, then I feel sorry for some of them. The girls...the one in particular who supposedly wears her make-up for days at a time... yuk.

I agree about MTV...used to be a regular watcher. No more.

April 10, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  35. Linda

MTV actually did change there name...i forgot what it stands for...probably cause I stopped watching it since they SUCK without the music.

April 10, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  36. andrew colmus-barajas

why do these people have a show?

April 9, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. craig

Its Back

April 9, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  38. stefanl

those girls are soooo dirty! Filthy and soiled so bad, they can't get clean.

April 9, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  39. John Verco

I realized yesterday while watching YouTube on my iPad why there aren't any more music videos on TV. You can watch all of the music videos you want on the Internet. So MTV has no choice but to make programming that appeals to their target audience, the teenage demographic.

April 9, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Shelly

Persian-american?! There is going to be alot of unhappy persian parents out there.

April 9, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  41. johnny

these people should be locked up. they are a menace to society. who let them out...?

April 9, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  42. notafan

The Idiots are back – Great! Just what the Jersey Shore needs!

April 9, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Manda81305

Great, another summer I won't be walking the boardwalk of Seaside! Back to Atlantic City and Wildwood for us!

April 9, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Joe

Not gonna lie, this show was entertaining. Not because it was great programming, but because the way these people acted was just so ridiculous, I couldn't help but laugh at them and how much of idiots they looked like.

April 9, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Jackie Kennedy

@Joel.. True, they don't play music anymore, the only music I hear is a 15 second play time after a show goes off and that's it. Mtv? They should change their name.

April 9, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jackie Kennedy

Angelina who? She shouldn't have left in the middle of season 1. I wish she would have stayed. I bet she regrets leaving since all the others get $10,000 for an appearance when she probably gets $1,500.00 or nothing at all.

Sad to see it won't be in Miami. A lot of the arguments in the house were childish, Angelina didn't want people to have a good time. And Sammi was a hypocrite

April 9, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Joel T.

Imagine if you will...

Big Bass line....

Rotating Mtv news sign...

Announcer says "You here it here.... First".

This just in.... Mtv SUCKS.

Has SUCKED for a decade.

No music on MTV so they take MUSIC off of their slogan.

Tell me Tony Disanto, what DOES Mtv stand for these days???
    MORON -Television???

April 9, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  48. why

sweet silicon and roided people, it doesn't get real as that.

April 9, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |