April 7th, 2010

The 'Idol' Top 9 elimination could be a shocker

SPOILER ALERT!!! Tonight's blog entry will reveal the contestant being sent home from "American Idol." Don't read any further if you don't want to know the results.

10 p.m. – Simon makes the announcement about the judges' save and they save "Big Mike!"

Whoa, that was close!!!!

9:57 p.m. – Seacrest no need to make America feel bad by reminding us that both Mike and Andrew are fathers trying to make a better life for their kids.

And the one who is safe is .. Andrew!

WHAT?!?!?!?

I did not see that one coming at all!!!

"Big Mike" sings "This Woman's Work" while his wife sobs in the audience. Will the judges save him?

9:48 p.m. – Before we find out who is going home, we are treated to Rihanna singing her new single, "Rock Star 101." She certainly looks it in that get up. Gotta love the black, one-piece rubber suit thingie.

Hey, one of Rihanna's back-up dancers looks like MamaSox's little sister!

So we are to believe that Rihanna plays the guitar now? Sure, why not.

The pyrotechnics are off the hook with this performance, and the audience is loving it. You better work Ri-Ri!

9:32 p.m. –I love David Archuleta (I've interviewed him, and he's just as nice as can be), but I'm not sure we needed him back this season to sing "Imagine."

He does sound great, but his appearance makes me just miss past seasons of this show all the more. Remember back when the majority of the contestants could really sing and perform?

OK, I take it back. It's really good to see Arch on the piano and back on the "Idol" stage if for no other reason that to help us "Imagine" a better show!

It's been two seasons since his, and he has grown as an artist. Looking forward to hearing his next album.

We get Arch off, and the lights dim. Lee Dewyze is up first. He is instructed to head to the far side of the stage.

"Big Mike" Lynche is up next, and he looks like he is about ready to bust out of his shirt a la The Hulk. Mike has to start another group, and he looks a little shell-shocked. I do not like the direction this is headed!

Casey James gets sent to stand with Lee. Aaron Kelly has to go stand next to "Big Mike." Likewise, Tim Urban heads over to hang out with Casey and Lee.

That leaves Andrew Garcia to join Aaron and "Big Mike." One of the group of three is safe, and the other is bottom three. Clearly it's "Big Mike," Aaron and Andrew.

The person who gets sent back to safety is Aaron. WHAT?!?!?!

Andrew or "Big Mike" is headed home. Stunned, I am.

9:23 p.m. – All three of the girls are safe, and they are looking mighty happy. Katie looks shocked when Seacrest reveals that Adam Lambert will be next week's mentor.

Yeah, I'm stunned, too.

Kara's artist (who knew she had artists?) Jason Derulo performs his hit single "In My Head," and he sounds so much better than Usher did last week. He also gives Usher a run for the money in the performance department.

You might need to watch your back Ursh, 'cause that was hot!

9:15 p.m. –Tim Urban is always feeling good. That dude is just always about the fun vibe.

First up is Siobhan Magnus, and we get to hear from Kara as to why she was confused by Siobhan's performance. After the nationwide vote, Ryan brings her down to the center of the stage. That could mean anything.

Next up is Crystal "MamaSox" Bowersox and Ryan brings her down for to the center of the stage also. Stop playing with our minds Seacrest!!!

He then brings Katie Stevens to the center of the stage and keeps up the appearance that they are the bottom three. Stop with the foolishness, Ryan! MamaSox gets sent back as she is safe.

That leaves Siobhan and Katie left and guess what – they are safe too! Way to try and work the drama Seacrest.

9:05 p.m. – Sounds like "Idol Gives Back" is going to be offering up some great auction items, though I definitely would not want one of Simon Cowell's tight T-shirts.

The gang is all decked out in black and white and singing the songs of Lennon and McCartney. I am still nervous about Seacrest's assertion that producers are claiming a shocker.

My colleague and fellow "Idol Chatter" bud Michelle Wright had predicted a possible use of the judges' save tonight. It might could happen folks, though I doubt it.

1. Lorianne

Can we have just one show where Lee's lack of confidence doesn't get mentioned? Especially since he knows he's good. Not prancing around the stage like an egotistical showboat does not equate to a lack of confidence. Look where all that showboating got Big Mike. Lee is going all the way based upon the genuineness of his character, and the strength of his voice, as it should be.

April 10, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ladypriest

April 9, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. somethingisfishy

I'm with you on that Connie.

April 9, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Connie

Big Mike is too self absorbed to know any language but his own, in response to Michael. Look everybody – America voted; the judges overruled America. Big Mike being saved had nothing to do with talent; "Dancing with the Stars" is beating "Idol" in ratings and if they keep Mike and use for him another week of drama, but announce next week two people will go home, it may help the ratings. This show is over. It has lost all credibility. Who cares what the contestants think of each other, who has the time to sit through an entire hour to find out which one person will go, and then he is saved. Complete nonsense.
    Lee DeWyze will win it all. Crystal will be second; Casey will be third, those three will have recording contracts. Whenever I watch Big Mike I want some ham to go with all that cheese. He had a baby, and...? Maybe he can tellhis daughter when she grows up that on the day she was born, it was so important to him, he was auditioning.

April 9, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Princess

So many things going on in the world and Idol has to be one of them. I sit here and write this wondering when my husband will make it home to his kids since a country had to have an uprising the very same week he and his fellow troops were supposed to fly home. Back to Idol, I think they used their safety too soon. Sorry Big Mike!!

April 9, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. blah blah blah

Perhaps, since he's built like a fat gorilla, he enjoys pounding his chest like one, too.

April 9, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. michael

Will somebody please explain what Big Mike's hand signs mean? Pounding the chest, holding his index finger to his thumbs, pointing at the ceiling etc. Are his parents deaf? Maybe this is sign language for the deaf?

April 9, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. blah blah blah

Who else hates Mike? 1. If I wanted a personal trainer, I would never hire someone who is as fat as a cow. I think it's funny that he's so impressed with his sloppy physique. 2. What is with his various hand gestures? You know the ones: the X across his chest; the "ok" symbol he makes by connecting the tips of his index finger and thumb. Are these gang signs?

April 9, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. The Best Critic

Andrew would not have been saved so I'm glad he wasn't at the very bottom. However, Andrew's song last week was amazing! If he comes around to find his groove, it will have been really slow but definitely not too late.

April 9, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Buck12

Will all you middle school girls stop voting for Tim!!! What the hell is the matter with you all, he shouldn't have even made it into the top 12.

April 9, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. somethingisfishy

It's fixed. Regardless of who you vote for the outcome was predetermined a long time ago. And what's with the theatrics when they dicuss "saving the idol". You can't convince me that they haven't already made the decision before the show even started. I've been a fan of idol for years but not so much anymore.

April 9, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. CW

Why used their only save on Big Mike ? Wrong move. He should have left.

April 9, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bawb

The real story here is 'Who Is Still Watching Idol?' It seems to me there are only two real important demographics left. It's a little to do with the initial selection this season. No big diva voices. No R&B inspiration. No soul. No rocker. No over-the-top showman. No edge. MamaSox is as edgy as they get? The show looks at what big stars they want to emulate in the performers. Clearly, they were aiming to find the next Bieber or the next Adele. They failed with Fantasia and Ruben record sales. So they realized they can't make an R&B star, so they're not going to try. Well, they lost that entire demographic. Look at the bottom three the very first week. So who is still watching idol? 12 year olds and 72 year olds. And the 72s don't vote. Crystal out in fourth place. In the final? Aaron and, if he takes his shirt off a few times, Tim.

April 9, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  14. alex

what a joke this 'show' has become....the talent pool year after year is shotty at best...I know there has to be better 'performers' in america than they present each season...oh well after simon leaves, this show will be on life support...

April 9, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  15. Becky

I am glad Big Mike stayed but I agree that he has to stop singing to his wife and sing for the audience. He has an awsome voice but I do hope he steps it up next week. Seeing David A. was good his voice is great. I thought again he was better then the performers such as Rhiana repeating the same words over and over with a rubber outfit on. Thumbs up for the judges for saaving Mike hopefuflly he'll show you why you decided that.

April 9, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  16. daq

I think they used the save too early .. Mike is good. But I think there are others who are better.

April 9, 2010 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  17. Laurie

We paused the dvr at the end of the night and there is a disclaimer stating something to the effect that if there seems to be automated votes from one source they can block it. It went by very quickly on live show so had to be paused to read it.

April 8, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  18. breazy

American Idol show's how dumb america is getting:)

April 8, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Randall

Get real. You all need to face the truth. Mike is hands down better that at least half ot the contestants left. I know it hurts some of you to admit it. However, if you are honest, you to will admit it.

April 8, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Candy C From Fl

First of all Show Dogmom I see you are back in full force. With your cruel remarks about Crystal Bowersoxs, Oh how jealous you are. As for Big Mike it only figures he picked the song Woman's Work which made poor Kara cry ohhhhhhhhhhpoor baby. They unaimously voted a save they may regret. And oh by the way has anyone else noticed how many times the cameras are showing Big Mikes wife sobbing. They always show her alot. Why didn't we see shots of Andrew's family??????? This show should be called Big Mike Does Anyone Want To Try and Win Him In A Wrestling Match ??????

April 8, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Nessa99

Big mike should have gone home. wasted save. hes NOT an american idol what so ever.

April 8, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Tom n ventura

The judges got it right!! Am not sure if Big Mike will make finals but next to Crystal he does have the best voice range of the contestants this year. The trouble wth the voting process is that the majority of viewers are young girls who are voting for the "cute" guys. Also viewer tend to vote for not their favorite but the people they think do not need help. Does anyone remember the Sparks girl????

April 8, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  23. B.MIZELLE

BIG MIKE IS A BIG JOKE. FRANKLY, THIS SEASON IS A BIG JOKE.

April 8, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Josh M

America has no idea what singing talent is. This just proves that we have little girls that think between their legswho are voting for people they want to see as posters on their walls so they can gush over their smile and wish they could just touch him. They are no better than the men they say do the very same thing.

April 8, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Dman

Adam Lambert a MENTOR? Ummm... He didn't even win last year let alone have experience that would warrant him being a mentor. The show is crashing and burning this year. That though is a shocker, did the run out of people that have made it to be mentors? Lame!

April 8, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Paula Malina

Did any of you people ever stop to think that this was all "staged" & planned ahead of time???!!! Tues. night was the 1st time that "Dancing w/the Stars" ratings went ahead of Idols-the 1st time in history! I bet the producers freaked & felt they had to do something to raise the excitement level on Wed. night...so.....why not take somebody that you'd NEVER expect to be in the bottom 3-Mike- & put him there at the top part of the show...& wait til the end & then, miraculously, SAVE him! TA-DA!! So transparent & soooo contrived, it makes me angry that now I still have to continue to watch to see who finally wins this season. I enjoy seeing the past winners entertain, of course; but I DO NOT like the choices of any of the new talent they bring out...all the same jumping & shimmying around & unintelligible words-no melodies to speak of-This is the future of MUSIC?? God help us! This is my last Idol season-I swear it!

April 8, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Johnny B

Tueday night was a great show. I am a Bealte fan so I know I am a bit swayed by the song selection. I thought eveybody did very well. I also like what Kara and Simon had to say to/about Tim. He has been taking a beating which he really did not deserve. As far as last night's results go I think saving Mike will only prolong his leaving. I have nothing against any of the contestants but I think if the public voted him off last night they will just do it again next week. I think I saw a little fear in Aaron's eyes when he was voted bottom 3 I think he will step his game. I am really looking forward to seeing that. I thought this season started a bit weak and now it seems to be getting better. Though it migh just be I am getting used to this years artists. I think they all have talent and though I may like some better than others ( I won't say, my votes are seceret) I really enjoy this group.

April 8, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ladypriest

Big Mike is the most talented and should have been save. I don't think he will win but he "WILL" get a recording contract which is better than winning this rinky dink Idol show. He is performing for those people who can get him that contract. In the pastpeople like David A where losers and they are doing better than the winners. Many others have that story because record producers know what will sell and believe me they are watching BIG MIKE for more reasons than one.

April 8, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. cloud nine

How sad is this. I would say 99% of the comments are negative. They should really speed up this season. Vote 3 at time. it would speed up the process. Sounds good?

April 8, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Dave in Connecticut

Tim is really a great singer, if you stick your head up and into your lowest body cavity he sounds much better. How Big Mike got on the chopping block is beyond me. Tim should have gone home, Aaron and Andrew should be right behind him, not neccessarily in that order.
    Saving Mike was a good thing, he is very talented. Katey, Siobhan, Crystal, Casey and Lee are in the top five I am betting. Two get the axe next week, maybe Tim won't smile so much and people will actually listen to how bad the dude sings, I think Randy can't believe Tim is still there.

April 8, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Just A Thought

BTW – what difference does it make if they say how many votes each one got? bottom 3 is still bottom 3.

April 8, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Just A Thought

Annie -its not like that at all! Everyone that voted and allowed their favorite to be safe can rest assured they were a part of making them safe! By saving anyone that simply means that person gets another chance, AND the people that did vote for big mike know they're votes were not wasted too!

Think about it if you voted for the worst and there was a save – THEN your votes would not have meant anything!

April 8, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Just A Thought

v8a – they only get one save and it's now gone. So, it's up to America to vote their favorite into the finals now!

April 8, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Annie

That is my point exactly. When the judges "save" they are really saying that your vote means nothing. They pick who they want to stay on. You wasted your money voting and do they ever say how many votes there are for each one – so how do we know who got what. I don't trust it.

April 8, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Spoyald

Am I the only one that noticed Big Mike just stood there with his arms out, but never said "Thank you" to the judges? They looked like they were expecting him to come over or at least look their way, but I never saw it. Very arrogant. Waste of a save.

April 8, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Isay

To Idol producer: If you are here reading all those comments, I am challenging you:
    Change the voting system. Let the voters vote who they think the WORST of the night, it means they can vote who they want to go home. How about that? In this way, you can boost the rating. More people will vote. I will be voting too. Right now, I am not doing it.

April 8, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  37. lollie

I am going for Katie and Tim

Was ready for Big Mike to go. He is so full of himself.

April 8, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  38. BB

The people voted and he should have gone home. Isn't that the system? Are our votes worth anything? The people have spoken. He isn't that good anyway.

April 8, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  39. v8a

Okay, so how long is this season going to be if the judges save everyone they like. Does that mean that they can basically choose who will win and forget the audience and viewers votes. That is too silly. Everyone has a story.

April 8, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. deb

I think the "save" was wasted on Big Mike who, like others have said, is getting too big of an ego. He sings okay as do most of the others but no one is really that good except for Crystal and Siobhan. Katie has a good voice but is just too young and inexperienced and doesn't have that "wow" factor. She needs to grow up a little and figure out "who she is". Tim actually has a very good voice and sang "All My Lovin" very well but I don't see him doing much more than a few pop songs for the teeny boppers for a year or two until they grow up and get tired of him. I can see him maybe becoming a rocker in 4 or 5 years when he grows up and then maybe he could have a serious career. Andrew just needs to go. He's not good and has no charisma. I thought Casey did his best work this week but is just another generic wanna be rocker...nothing special. I personally don't see what the big deal with Lee is. He has no self-confidence (although he's getting a little more as time goes on), sings okay, but, again, doesn't really have the "wow" factor or charisma. Crystal and Siohban are by far the best with Crystal being the best. Just my opinion.

April 8, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Sarah Who?

Why oh why did they save Mike???? I was so happy when he was the one with the lowest points. He is so full of himself it takes away from anything good he does. I hate it that he also feels the need to keep picking people up. Weirdo.

Hopefully he will be gone for good next time.

April 8, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Marj

What a waste, using the ONLY save of the season on someone who did not deserve to be saved. I sure hope someone who IS talented does not get sent home because the judges wasted the save on Mike. It really was only a postponement anyway. I have never seen anyone in my life so arragant, Mike acts like he does not even have to try...which makes no difference anyway he can't sing that good. OR is this whole thing rigged and he already knows he is going to win, the rating have been down..but hey it is the worst season of Idol EVER!!! If by some chance Mike won I would NEVER watch Idol again. He might be able to get a gig on a cruise ship, or some sleezy bar...but he will never win or make an album anyone would buy...SO why keep him???? Isn't the whole idea of this show to find REAL talent and someone the people want? Duh, judges the people did not vote for him, get it they don't like him and you turn around and save him, what's up with that? You pretty much sealed his fate for next week, or was that your plan for ratings? Next week Big Mike you will go home for real, you and Andrew. Because now two have to go next week since they wasted the save on you. Sure there are others who can't sing well either, but Mike should NOT have been saved, what a dumb thing to do!

April 8, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  43. ST

Big Mike sucks...he should have went home. The judges wasted the only save they have...stupid...

April 8, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Just A Thought

yup, your right and America's wrong! lol

April 8, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Keisha

all of you if you think Mike should have went home suck.. Becuase he is the best male vocal then comes CAsey and Lee the others are just there because of thier age and america is just voting for younger singers.. None of the rest of the guys have an chance and the girls i would choose Shiobhan and Crystal for the best out of that group... Big Mike didn't do anywhere near as bad as Aaron or Andrew so American gets it wrong again...

April 8, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  46. 2nd season

All I am saying is that Adam will likely be good for ratings.

Really, what have ANY of the mentors done for the contestants? Seems they have very little advice unless that is edited out of what we see.

April 8, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Just A Thought

That's true Jeff! Hardly think that would sway an entire country though! Katie was awesome last week and she did not deserve to be bottom 3!

April 8, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Just A Thought

Adam was awesome while he was on Ai! Problem is, he is nothing close to that now! Nowhere near the same..uh guy..that he was then. All he does now is try to flaunt his lifestyle choice and quite frankly has lost the style that made him special last year! Not to mention he has done nothing musically or otherwise that would qualify him as mentor. Maybe he'll drop the gay parade and concentrate on actually singing like he did on AI, and I'll reconsider, but I'm not expecting much!

April 8, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jeff

Someone earlier said that she offered to go on a prom date with the one who could prove they voted the most for her....I don't know if that's true or rumor.

April 8, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. LadyCAnn

What is up with Katie being in the bottom three for the past two weeks and suddenly much more popular? Could it be all the air time that Idol gave her Tuesday night??? Did anyone notice how many times she was given the opportunity to speak and be "seen"? Seems strange to me.......does her "daddy" know someone important????

April 8, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  51. 2nd season

You know, Tim is growing on me. I am a confirmed Crystal fan, but when you say Tim can't sing, may I remind you of Brittany?? You don't have to have a brilliant voice (although I think Tim is OK), all you need is the LOOK!

Maybe Big Mike will have a little ego adjustment. He was starting to get too full of himself.

As for Adam Lambert, he will be a great mentor...who has caused more stir (good or bad) in American Idol than him?? HE was all anyone blogged about last year! Great for ratings and I know I won't miss that show!!

April 8, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Just A Thought

wellmichelle – thats one of the biggest conspiracy theories in AI – no such disclaimer exisits! How would you get anyone to vote if such a thing existed! no one would call if that were even remotely true. Phone line problems, yup heard that rumor too! Big Mike simply butchered his song and everyone knew it! Bottom 3 was to be expected, and he got what his performance earned!

April 8, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Just A Thought

The judges are not saying pick a current song; they are saying make the song current, change it up, or make it thier own – not neccessarily a song done currently.

As for Adam Lambert – his theatre experience is a joke! Most kids I know have played a part in Charlie Brown and Peter Pan! Seriously, your gonna say that qualifies him as Mentor? Gimme a break, and as for his time on Ai – HE LOST!

If Elvis is dead, he'll be rolling over next week!

April 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  54. wellmichelle

I heard that that there was a BIG problem with the phone lines last week and that people were trying to vote for Big Mike but the line just automatically kept going to another contestant – I also found out today that the producers of the show have the right to "rig" the voting process however they want to – it's in the disclaimer in TINY letters on the screen at the end of the show. I think this might have been a cry for help for them to shock us and then save Mike and hoped to make good news (and ratings) today, but unfortunately Dancin' with the Stars beat them AGAIN this week ....
    Also, this season is the worst season that I've ever seen. No season will beat season 8 with Adam Lambert – well maybe tied with David & David in season 7, but this season is so lame ...

April 8, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jeff

My wife thought we were supposed to vote for the person we want OFF the show, so she voted non-stop for Urban. Don't worry, won't happen again.

April 8, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Aurora

oh yeah.. and it was a waste for the "save." I think they will regret it later, if a permformer like Mamasox gets the lowest amount of votes. Too early to use it on someone that isn't that great.. just good.. like Mike.

April 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Just A Thought

the "save" simply gives the judges the opportunity to give someone they feel deserves a break another chance. My votes matter cause my favorite was not in the bottom 3! So of course my votes matter!

As for Ellen, she has been quite funny recently! Her crack about the bagpipe guy was hilarious!

April 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  58. starzzguitar

I'm tired of Big Mike and Andrew (no charisma) Garcia. They saved Mike because he might hurt them if eliminated. He is OK, but OK is not good enough. I like how they are changing Bowersox's look from hippie chick to a slicker, more modern look. Loved the go-go boots at the top of the show, so Shindig-y. (You younger folks can Google or Bing that one!) Yes, they wasted a save. Dumb. Kara is still irritating. Ellen is not. Weird, eh?

April 8, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Aurora

I was ready for him to leave for so many reasons.

April 8, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Just A Thought

For those of you wondering – next weeks theme is Elvis Presley! with you guessed it Adam Lambert as mentor! WOW talk about the wrong guy for the job! Maybe he could mentor Boy George week – Elvis no way! AL hasn't got a clue!

April 8, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Annie

The "save" is an insult to all the voters who think their vote really matters. What is the purpose of voting? Voting only makes more money for the sponsors and again the working people are paying for it. And when is Ellen going to say something constructive instead of echoing Randy. Let Ellen speak first sometimes with her own thoughts and criticism. She can do this – she does it well on her own show. A woman will win this year anyway – that's the show's pattern.

April 8, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  62. TWR2422

I think it was totally rigged from the get-go~! Big Mike is not a horrible singer but I don't think he has much of a future on the radio. Maybe on cruise ships~! I think they are scrambling because ratings are down and they want a 'wow' factor and that's why they said at the beginning of the show that it would be a 'shocker'....It's only a shocker when someone with 'real' talent gets booted...AKA-Daughtry from a few years back.

April 8, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  63. money

I love how you idiots always think because someone black gets voted off it is Racism!! Why don't you people who think that continue to get your welfare and live off of my hard – earned money. LOSERS.
    He butchered that song. The people got it right and the judges wasted the save.

April 8, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  64. AA

It made sense to save "Big Mike" this week. Otherwise, he would have been sent home before Andrew, Tim, and Aaron who aren't as talented.

April 8, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  65. KATHERINE

WHAT A WASTE, THEY SHOULDHAVE SAVED THIS FOR CHRIS OR CRYSTAL, NOT FOR THIS 500PD THAT THINKS HE IS THE BEST.
    I HOPE HE GOES HOME NEXT WEEK!
    SIMON COWEL I AM SO SURPRISED FOR MAKING SUCH A HORRIBLE DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  66. cloud nine

Sam P I agree with you about Adam Lambert's album. Great! I can't see any of these Idol wanna be's make it .Sad but true. BTW Adam Lambert live is awesome. I heard him & he just brings chills to anyone near him. He is great!!!

April 8, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  67. getttes

tim is horrible and does not need to be there. if they had a dislike line to call i would call that 1000000000 times for tim, no joke.

April 8, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  68. ladybabyface

The only reason the judges decided to save Big Mike is for the ratings. It is still early in the show and no African Americans would be left. That would reduce the shows watching audiance and there ratings for this season would bomb out. If Big Mike makes it through for the next two to three weeks, he will be sent packing. Big Mike is one of the best singers for this season and will still be on tour with the Idol Ten. He will definately get a singing contract, which will probably be better than the winner's.

April 8, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Sam P

I think having Adam Lambert on as a mentor is a great idea. He's been through the Idol experience. Something most of the other mentors haven't experienced. He has released an album (which is great). He also has previous experience in theatre etc.

If they keep having themes from decades ago for the contestants to choose from the judges need to shut up about picking current songs.

April 8, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Bluesman Doc

Not only should Big Mike have been saved, he is clearly one of only two contestants who have fully developed singing talent. Crystal is the other. Tim Urban should have been gone a long time ago. He is worthless as a singer. Katie Stevens also sucks. Those two are amateur karaoke singers at best. I don't think it's a coincidence that Mike is the only remaining African American. I'm not saying his low vote count was overt racism, but one would have to be very naive to think it wasn't a contributing factor. One more thing, although Siobhan has been inconsistent and rather enigmatic, her performance of Across the Universe was one of the top performances of the entire season. It was, in a word, awesome! The judges, especially Randy, were way off the mark in their comments. Having said that, Mike and Crystal are in a completely different league from all the others. America, once again, got it totally wrong.

April 8, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  71. jb

Worst Idol Season yet, each season is getting worse and worse.

April 8, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Isay

I don't think Mike should be saved at this point. Maybe judges thought he was the only black left on the show. I cann't tell why I don't like Kate, maybe because of her hypocritical talking. Always says something can be quoted... Doesn't act like her age.

April 8, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  73. moosey

i thought it be between Aaron and Tim...i think this season is insane(and not in agoodway)

April 8, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Anna

I hate American Idol. Watched the 1st Season and wasn't all that impressed. I tried to watch the 2nd Season and I was bored to tears. Haven't watched it since. Though I'm trying to watch this Season's. But they all suck. Sure one is better than the other, but over all they can't carry a tune to save their lives. I know I can't,

April 8, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Rob215

Why does your story start at 10PM ? Just makes it hard to read what the heck is going on when I have to read a story upside down.

Just lame writing if you ask me.

April 8, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Beth

Rhianna's song and outfit was terrible. I'm looking forward to next week when real talent arrives...Adam Lambert! They shouldn't have saved Bif Mike...I think he's too full of himself! Crystal will win.

April 8, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Dan

I was glad to see Big Mike saved. He's better a singer than most on this season and he may be the top entertainer. Some of the idols this season are really bland. Most can sing ok, but there are few great performances that people will remember. I find it sad that these are the top 9 performers that Idol could find.

April 8, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  78. CRR

Don't understand why people are keeping Tim in there. HE CAN't SING!!!

April 8, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  79. T

Mike did sing for his life.....he was outstanding, however the fact still remain the same ....ALL SUCKS.....NO STAR ATTRACTION.
    What I dont understand why Adam L is going to be their mentor.....oops which tell you they all SUCK AND NO STARS......

April 8, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Brettzel

What is the deal with the lip-sync???

It has come to my attention that the opening numbers on American Idol are pre-recorded...What the heck is that all about?

Anybody that does not think so is not paying attention.

April 8, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Lily

Michael Buble should be the next mentor !!

April 8, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Phyl

Michael never should have been in the bottom 2 to begin with. It should have been Urban or Casey. Neither one of them has been as consistant as Michael. Still don't understand why Sihbon is still around. Still don't think Crystal has it either. Last man standing, literally will be Lee.

April 8, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Lily

Yes I think Adam Lambert is not the right person to be the next mentor

April 8, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  84. rhonda

@justathought........ with neither allen or lambert releasing and album ....... and yet they are bringing lambert in to be the mentor next week. whats he gonna do, teach them all to scream in the microphone? oh wait siobahn already knows how to do that. saddens me. they should bring experienced talent in to mentor

April 8, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  85. sauce

Adam Lambert, are you kidding. The worst role model in America. Well maybe not the worst but dang close.

April 8, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  86. kk

He has talent but wheres the heart??

April 8, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  87. Lily

Yes Michelle you are right ! the judges complaint all the time about the singer should chose a current song, really ?? hello it was the beatles night !
    I also think;
    it was too soon for the save.
    I think Mike is good but not "that good"
    We all know that Mamasox is the next American Idol
    Probably Katie and Aaron should go before Mike but not after Andrew.
    Ryan is too dramatic.
    Rhianna the outfit was terrible, miley Cirus beig just a kid is more professional and better singer.
    This is my last year watchin American Idol, I know Simon is not a charming guy, but the show is not gonna be the same.

April 8, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  88. kk

I saw it coming and I believe he will go soon.

April 8, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  89. idolfan

JoeCatman, a lot of people of colour had great careers launched from this show, Rubin, Fantasia, Jordan Sparks, Jennifer Hudson, and Melinda Doolittle was also very popular, so don't pull the colour card, Ego has nothing to do with anyone's colour, it's annoying no matter what colour the person is, Didi got annoying and she went too. America has just voted for it's first black president, get with the times, stop living in the past and using colour as an excuse everytime your life doesn't go as you wanted it too, all people have things to deal with and the world would be a better place if we all just quit whinning and stop making excuses.

April 8, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  90. cloud nine

Agree with Sheila 🙂 Joe Catman SHUT UP!! it's not a black & white thing at all. It's only a they all suck thing...Not one of them has shown they belong there. The Janice Joplin wanna be is getting old. I just can't wait til next week. Adam Lambert is going to perform. They are all going to be in the dust..

April 8, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  91. Maria

I am SO disappointed, but not surprised, that the judges saved Mike. His ego just got even more enormous b/c now he thinks the judges worship him!

April 8, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  92. Jazz Allen

Bring back Frenchie!!!!

April 8, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  93. Yo KMK

Never mind all of this, bring back the Didgeridoo guy

April 8, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  94. Guy B.

Wish I could press that big button and just move onto next year and just hope the talent and judges are much better. They should clear the bench and bring in all new judges, and a new announcer as well that short guy is getting on my nerves.

April 8, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  95. Jazz Allen

Jason D. performance was shaky in the beginning. He sounded way worse than Toddrick or jermaine!!!!! Its funny how Kara got on to them about doing to many runs and rifts in their performances and her on Artist Jason D. tried and failed at doing the same thing.

April 8, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  96. MARC

Big MIke was served a notice to get serious and less arrogant. I think he learned a lesson. But his exhuberant spark might have taken a beating. He will be back on track but less chochooey Tragic: all the BLACKS got pushed down and out. Next week, the girls will be safe. Two boys go: Aaron and Tim. The following week SEACREST goes overboard to the sharks. Nothing new here. Tone down your comments Ryan. Be more dignified Ryan and less girly. Grow some manly balls, shove them down your big mouth and gargle...like Socrates. Think before you comment. Learn from your buddy Simon. Think smart. Act smarter!–MARC

April 8, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  97. Christine

Perhaps Idol should begin using judges scores combined with the public like DWTS does. It will take care of the 14 year olds voting on looks instead of talent!

April 8, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  98. KEM

Big Mike has gotten a big head as of late. He in not the nice sweet guy that we saw in the begining. Maybe being in the bottom 3 will humble him a little.

April 8, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  99. Michael

Wow! Wow! Wow! That is all I can say. I definitely do not think it was Michael Lynche's time to go – but I also don't think he deserved the save as well. He's been slipping in recent weeks, and his frontrunner status at the beginning of the top 12 rounds seems like a distant memory now. Another shocker? Tim Urban and Katie Stevens not in the bottom 3! Katie could be a dark horse...

April 8, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  100. Shocked...

Were you watching the same performance I was? I have played guitar now for a total of 5 weeks, and *I* could play more than what Rihana was. Just a suggestion...if you are going to have a guitar as one of your props for your performance, maybe you should actually learn how to play it...

April 8, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  101. amazed as always

let him go man – just let him go – it is not like he will do anything other than what we have seen so far – OMG – now 2 will be gone next week and chances are – 1 not being him. I would think that they would save the 'save' in case someone with real talent was in 'danger' – like – anyone but him – OMG.

April 8, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  102. Melissa

the only one I like this one is Krystal Bowesox, the rest if just plain boring. I do not know why 'big Michael' was saved lastnigth, he is boring, I do not care for his singing style. I predict he will go home soon, I could never buy a cd from him. Boringggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  103. Julian

Let's face facts, this years group is just not that strong. Especially compared to last year. Other then Bowersox, nobody really stands out. I don't think any of them would have finished in the top 5 last year.
    Next week Adam will mentor them. After he sings on Wednesday, everyone will see just how weak this group really is. Not only as singers but as showmen. Bringing Adam back to be a mentor and sing is just additional proof that he was the unofficial winner last year.

April 8, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  104. Carolyn

I think Big Mike, like most of them this year, is awful. Can't imagine what kind of career he would have. The judges really helped the show "jump the shark" this season - YIKES!!

April 8, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  105. Jason

I think America spoke loud, and clear last night. Mike should have gone home. Generic sound, zero originality, mumbled his entire performance so much that I only understood a few words, and he has an undeserved arrogance about him. I think America will vote him off again next week, and maybe the judges will see that they used the save too early.

April 8, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  106. skip

REgarding the guest performers...how about actually putting a SINGER on the show!? Diddy, Usher, Rhianna, that Michael Jackson wannabe ... all flashy stage shows, lots of girls in spandex bouncing around, but not one could sing!! Come on, this is making Miley Cyrus look like a diva compared to these one-note hacks!

April 8, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  107. Ken

Just proves my theory all along that the producers decide who goes, has nothing to do with people voting. The show was getting stale, there is always shock value needed in any show, so the producers decided to put Mike on the chopping block and the judges were told to save him. It's more clearer than ever now that "America's votes" mean nothing

April 8, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  108. Camillia78

Sorry, but I don't like "Big Mike". Never had. I was finally oh-so-happy to see him leave and the judges wasted their save on him. He's overconfident, not all that great (as he thinks he is), he licks his lips about 20 times per minute (annoying!), and he reminds me of this Disney attraction my dad used to love when I was a child–the country bear jamboree.

Yes, I saw that one coming.

Also, does anyone think there could be some backlash from his African American friends for being in a singing group called "The Lynche Mob"? I mean c'mon. I find that disgusting.

April 8, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  109. ELS

People have no ideal what singing is. Mike is one of the best in the group. This should not be a popularity contest or who the girls like because of looks. It is American Idol (music), you big dummies.

April 8, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  110. skip

It's always a crapshoot when winners and losers are decided by the voting public...remember Daughtry? One save for the season...what happens if Crystal Bowersox gets voted off? Michael Lynch is an OK singer but should have gone last night, even though Tim, Andrew, and Aaron should have gone before him.

April 8, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  111. Craig

I logged on here just to tell you people to GET A LIFE and listen to some real music and real talent...not this packaged fake CRAP. Americans will swallow anything shoved down their throats.

April 8, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  112. Manila Fanboi

Voter's can't get it wrong because this is a popularity contest. It's about likability. A save is ridiculous. Big Mike will be kicked out again next week along with Andrew. You cannot "unlike" a person with one song. Voters have known them long enough to have favorites. The shift of votes come from inherited votes from those that have gone.

April 8, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  113. Mary L

I really enjoyed the program last night but would have been shocked to see BIG MIKE leave. I think Crystal will win it all in the end.

April 8, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  114. Terry

Dancing with the Stars beat American Idol last week on the TV ratings. I wonder if putting Big Mike in the bottom 3 and then saving Big Mike was idol's way of regaining fan support and interest. If this is so, it does raise the question of how accurate or how much influence the vote really has in selecting the bottom three on the show.

April 8, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  115. NeNe

This whole thing is rigged to create a stir and boost ratings. All these shows: Dancing with the Stars, Idol, Apprentice – same crap each year. It is all about the ratings.

April 8, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  116. Marc

Sheila: right on!!! Catman: idiot!!

April 8, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  117. Just A Thought

The save is just prolonging the inevitable! Now 2 go home next week, and unless Big Mike does something amazing, that he has yet to do, he will go home with Andrew.

NEXTWEEK – Same bottom 2 both go home!

April 8, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  118. Shiela

JoeCatman........seriously did you just go there!!!???!!! You are truly part of the stupid society that can't get past the white black issues!!! The man can't sing.....get over it. People like you make me SICK to my stomach. STUPIDITY is all you know....obviously!!

April 8, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  119. Shiela

Big Mike sucks and should have went home....he is way to full of himself!!!

April 8, 2010 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  120. Robin

Another Comment.. I hope Lee wins hands down!

April 8, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  121. Robin

I think they made the right choice. He can sing and it was fair to save him. Also, he handled the stress well of almost not being saved. He has the confidence and skill to perform. I was glad! ::))

April 8, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  122. Sybaris

The SAVE is a stupid gimmick. The panel judges the contestants based on their talent. The voters vote based on popularity loosely based on talent which in the end illustrates how the show itself has no integrity. True, there's 3 or 4 that should go before Mike but then again it's obvious that he could only win karaoke contests. I doubt he could produce anything unique on his own.

April 8, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  123. David

You could see all this comming. Big Mike can sing, the problem is the over the top acting and the under performing song choices. Maybe it will wake him up. Last weeks mentor should have ben a clue for Mike. Diddy is stong on stage and but quite real when not performing.

April 8, 2010 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  124. show dog mom

Shelby: You rock!

April 8, 2010 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  125. show dog mom

JoeCatman: Stupid comment. Black people are voting, too. Did you know that?

Here's the thing: If the judges get to overrule America's votes and retain someone we did not want, then the show should be called "Judge's Idol"!!!!!! It's just wrong, wrong, wrong. We're obviously all sick of Mike. He'll still go; we'll just have to endure him for another week. Mike and Dirtysox should go next week.

April 8, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  126. BARBARA WHITE

I DON'T WATCH AMERICA IDOL ANYMORE, NOT ONE PERSON ON THERE CAN SING THIS YEAR, AND RANDY JACKSON NEED TO MOVE ON WITH HIS DUMB YOU KNOW WHAT.

April 8, 2010 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  127. Todd from Orind

Ridiculous. Mike is by far the best male voice in the group.

April 8, 2010 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  128. JoeCatman

Amazing.
    Two people of colour and one white person in the bottom 3.
    White person wins again.

April 8, 2010 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  129. Scott

Can't believe Tim's still around. Anyone that votes for that twit has questionable taste at best. He's bad, bad, bad, bad.

April 8, 2010 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  130. pat

Actually, I did see this coming. Big Mike just does not have the vocals. Nice personality. I am surprised the judges used their only save on him.

April 8, 2010 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  131. Terry Whalen

Wake-up Call,

I hope Mike sees this post. Mike is a very talanted singer, but his days are numbered. He was saved this time but if he doesn't make some big changes he'll be headed home next week.

First choice of songs... look Mike I know you love your wife and new born child but will you grow a pair and do something up tempo and something that's not for your wife or a love somg. Enough already, I'm surprised the judges haven't mentioned it yet. You're not getting any males votes with all that sappy crap!

And stop flexing the muscles, pounding your chest and picking everybody up, and it's not doing the image any good. The whole"pouting thing last night" would have been enough for me to send you home. And stop acting like you think you deserve to win, you're not connecting with the audience at all. Show some genuine humility.

I say these things because I think you have a ton of talant but unfortunately it may be too late to make a difference. You have win over the audience and at this stage it's going to be tough. You have very little time to turn it around.

April 8, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  132. Sean

Shelby, you're waste of human space!

April 8, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  133. GH

How nauseatingly predictable was that!? And watching the judges all panicky, excruciatingly deciding whether Mike stays or goes? Please. The second Seacrest mentioned at the start of the show that there was a shocker... ALERT: MIKE WILL BE SAVED TONIGHT. Shoulda watched the Glee cast on Oprah! Hey, now if Mike picks up Adam Lambert next week and Adam kisses him? Now THAT would make for some good Idol viewing! Maybe I WILL watch one more week!

April 8, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  134. aredneb

Although I feel for whoever is elimanated each time, it was a waste of a save. Big Mike is not likely to make it much further anyway. Top 3 still are Lee, Crystal and Casey. One of them could still potentially be picked off by Tim, Siobhan, or maybe even Katie or Aaron if any of them starts having some "moments". Very unlikely that Big Mike or Andrew will make it to the top 4 unless they change what they're doing in a hurry. At this point in time, they are both pretty much out of the running.

April 7, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Shelby

The judges WASTED A SAVE! Shame on them!!! Face it. The big gorilla is not going to make it to the finals anyway, so that was a totally wasted decision they made. IDIOTS! I was truly hoping he was headed out the door tonight. Oh well, there's always next week. One can only hope and pray!

April 7, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Tammy

Jonalisa, If you dont take the time to vote for this show that you describe silly. Why are you rooting for your favorites. And what is up with the WHITE thing? Come now. It is not just white people as you say that are voting for contestants on the show. And are you really a middle aged white woman? Doesnt sound much like it. Any who. Just dont put all people in catagories its not nice.

April 7, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Russ

The bottom three should have been Andrew, Tim, and Aaron. They are not ready for a career and are the weakest. Big Mike has a great voice and can do a lot with any song. He is ready. In fact, I think Crystal, Siobahn, and Mike are the top three. The rest are not memorable. I think the judges believe the same. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes now without another save. There could be another shocker. Are you ready for Tim to be the winner? That would drive a stake through Idol's heart.

April 7, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Jonalisa

Big Mike is truly strong and TALENTED!! The judges were RIGHT and I was really happy about it!! I think the reason the little boys, Tim and whats his name are still there is bkause it's all little white girls that are doing the voting. All you gotta do is listen to who they skream their head off for. It's a bubble gum pop show. When the medley was done tonite, it honestly reminded me of the old Laurense Welk show!! Truly kornball and oh so WHITE. Fyi, i am a white middle aged woman who does not take the time vote for this silly program. I am rooting for Katie and casey. Katie seems "relevant" as the judges like to put it. and the lad, well, he is simply dreamy in my eyes. 😉

April 7, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Nick

Idol was pretty shocking because I cannot believe that they actually saved big mike. I cannot stand Kara thought. Check out my blog...

againstkara.blogspot.com

April 7, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  140. michele

andrew should have gone home then their be no issue with the save

April 7, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  141. fanofcasey

Waste of a save! If Casey or Lee are up against TIM and either of them get the boot and TIM stays I'll never watch this show again! They should have held on to that save!!!!

April 7, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  142. michele

you know what confuses me............the judges constantly say the songs are to old for them the ones they pick.......but yet.....they pick the beatles which is wayyyyyyyyy old for them.............i don't get it

April 7, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  143. TRACY

They should of kept the save and get rid of Big Mike. He is good but no wow factor, not the next AI. now two go home next week. Bummer

April 7, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Sam P

Guess you fixed it after I read it. 🙂

April 7, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Just A Thought

My bad, guess they both have albums out...oops adam only wins in previous mentioned category!

April 7, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  146. KATIEDID

Glad to see they saved Mike. Bottomline there are three or four of them there that are good, but not star quality – Tim, Katie, Aaron and Andrew. These four are people whose albums/CD's I wouldn't buy and would not go to see them in person. They are perhaps minor Broadway talent or can play at hotels, casinos, and those kind of venues. Lee, Crystal, Mike and Casey are those that are capable, both in talent and showmanship to hit the big stag. Next week will be interesting. I have to say – this season is definately one of the weaker seasons.

April 7, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Sam P

Mike is not a single father, you yourself said his wife was in the audience. I'm not sure about Andrew. I believe Ryan said they were both fathers.

That was a surprise, but the only real shocker would have been if the judges didn't use the save.

April 7, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  148. R

I'm really not getting all the Tim hate. Is he the best thing to ever hit American Idol? Not at all. However, he's definitely far from being the worst. He's a good-looking kid with a sweet personality, his voice is good, and here's the shocker – he's actually almost always in tune, which is more than I can say for a couple of other contestants. *cough* Katie *cough*

Most of his performances have been just decent, but I thought his All My Lovin' last night was really good and that everything Simon said was totally true.

He's no stand-out, but Tim seems humble, sincere, and genuinely excited to be there every week that he is fortunate enough to stay. *shrug* I threw him a couple votes last night because of that.

April 7, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Tammy

James, Maybe a better word would have been them trying to influence peoples decisions. And "psychogical counseling" Geez, lighten up its just albog and was just an opinion. ! I didnt mean they actually PUSH you just try to influence. That was a rude thing to say.

April 7, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Just A Thought

@mushymushroom – kris allen & Adam lambert both have not released albums yet, so what would you be comparing?? If it's who kissed more guys, than Adam wins hands down!

April 7, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  151. BigBrad

See yall next week....man I am serious...pay attention to who they plug in the intro video bit...look up above...I pointed out it was Mike...and I think the guy is a way better talent than the some of the rest...I think they are toying with potential outcomes for better ratings. NOTHING gets a show watched more than water cooler talk. – BigBrad out!

April 7, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  152. A-neg

A true shocker would've been "Teflon" Tim Urban being eliminated.

April 7, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  153. fp

What is wrong with this picture? MIke going home! Thank God they used that save. I'm not saying I think he should win, but this is PROOF that their voting system MUST be changed if they have a chance of saving this show. If other voting shows can limit votes to 10, so can this one. People keep sending through contestants whose talent is not deep and don't deserve record deals regardless of where they finish.

April 7, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  154. James S.

Tammy, no one "pushes" you to do anything. They don't hold a bat to your head and force your fingers to dial a number for a contestant you don't like. That's what I don't get about the so-called "pimp spot." If someone is swayed away from a contestant they like for one they DON'T like, simply because of that contestant's position on the show or the judges' comments, then that person seriously needs to think about psychological counseling.

April 7, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Just A Thought

Seems like a waste of a save. dont really see the point in it anyway. Oh well, So he goes home next week instead.

April 7, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  156. janet f

YUCK....what has happened to talent....this big buffoon is back....oh well more laughs

April 7, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  157. willyboy

Well, now we know–2 go home next week!

April 7, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  158. protogere

I am very relieved, Mike has been consistently a really good performer and so I am glad they burnt the save on him.
    I am so shocked that it came to that.

April 7, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  159. BigBrad

totally predictable...he probably was in no danger ever. haha this show cracks me up.

April 7, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  160. James S.

Ryan Seacrest is such a tool.

April 7, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  161. mushymushroom

Maybe it's a none elimination night...has that ever happened on Idol?

Katiedid, after Hollywood week the whole thing is a popularity contest.

The votes are based on how much the viewers are being entertained, some are entertained with a contestant's talent and some are with the contestant's look.

The real contest of music abilities comes after the winner has been declared, they battle it out in the charts.

For example, wanna know who won last season...check out the charts now. Tell me is it Kris or Adam that really won? 🙂

April 7, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  162. mozart4898

Good choice on Mike's part – make Kara cry again and he's probably got it locked up.

Honestly, they should save him. Talent-wise, he's one of the best 3-4 on the show. Not my absolute favorite but more deserving than probably 5 others there.

April 7, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  163. BigBrad

My pred is they save him. Watch.

April 7, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  164. janet f

Sing for your supper ... good riddance.

April 7, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  165. willyboy

Somebody rigged that vote!

April 7, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  166. BigBrad

Here somces the SAVE!!!

April 7, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  167. protogere

Floored!

April 7, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  168. mozart4898

Here comes the save!

April 7, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  169. janet f

This show is so ridiculous. We are having so much fun with these robots. Big Mike is so laughable. Is Tim a real person?

April 7, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Tammy

Something else that just bugs me. Every year they start pimping out one contestant. Last year it was Adam, year before Archie,etc. I hate it when they PUSH us to vote for THEIR favs not ours.

April 7, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  171. BigBrad

JUST – LOL! NICE! Made me laugh. I was thinking she kinda looked like Aeon Flux (sp?).

April 7, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  172. mozart4898

Lol @ at the Tim hate...I've said it a number of times already and I'll say it again – he's really not as bad as what people are making him out to be. But as far as his support – it goes beyond that website and the tween girls too. I considered throwing a few votes his way last night and I'm not a member of said website or a tween girl, lol. He's actually quite pleasant to listen to and seems like a great person too.

April 7, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  173. willyboy

I hope it's Andrew- Mike deserves another week. Tim will hang around too–

April 7, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Just A Thought

I just figured out the shocker! It's the outfit Rhiannon is wearing; it's the same one Adam Lambert is wearing next week!

April 7, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  175. tizpretty

I still don't think he's that cute. Apparently looks are quite a decisive matter in voting for the next "idol".

April 7, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Laura

No saves tonight!

April 7, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  177. BigBrad

Katiedid – We hear you. There is a popular website and about 10 million girls between the ages of 8 and 12 that vote for Tim. It is a very different dynamic than you are seeing. But we hear you!

April 7, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Just A Thought

Tim is the Twinkie!! He'll be here even after a nuculear Bomb! I heard that somewhere!

April 7, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  179. mozart4898

Meh...seriously, how does "music" like this get popular?

Just kinda as an aside, this is why we need CURRENT artists like Crystal – to make new music that's actually worth listening to. And not that I care about it that much really, but I'd rather look at Crystal than Rhiannon or whatever her name is too.

April 7, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  180. tizpretty

Still think Tim should've gone home. He's no where NEAR the other's musical abilities.

April 7, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  181. mushymushroom

What I'm surprised about is that Jason Derulo is Kara's artist! I lov this guy's song "Watcha say" especially the acoustic version. Oh well...

For as long as Casey, Crystal and Lee are safe anyone can go.

But there's something weird in me when I saw last night's episode. I thought Tim Urban is super cute? Can't believe it. I know he is good looking but I never thought his looks would be appealing to me. Haha, maybe he doesn't deserve to be the IDOL but I can see a sparkling pop career for him that will give Justin Bieber a run for his money.

April 7, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  182. KATIEDID

This is absolutely RIDICULOUS! What in the heck are people thinking in keeping Tim on the show....he is absolutely terrible and is void of any kind of talent. This is a talent show people, not a popularity contest. Mike is 100 times better than Tim will ever be. Wake up America!

April 7, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Just A Thought

Well, I don't get the shocker! Unless they mean the judges actually using a save for either of these two! Don't think either of them are that good and both need to go, no saves...no saves...no svaes

April 7, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  184. BigBrad

Yep knew they focused a bit too much on Mike. He lost his base...although Mike is probably safe only because Garcia goes behind the producers back and hedges with his twittering following. (No I cant prove it, just a conspiracy theory)

April 7, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  185. mozart4898

Lol but did anyone else just know that Aaron would be the one that Ryan would declare safe immediately? I mean, even if he wasn't the best of the bottom 3, he would do that just to build suspense by keeping Mike there.

(Assuming that Mike isn't actually the one eliminated?)

April 7, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  186. willyboy

Lee, Casey & tim safe! aaron also!! It's Andrew or Mike to say bye-bye!

April 7, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  187. protogere

Shocker! I am stunned. Well that pretty much confirms it for me that Andrew is toast. Diddly

April 7, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  188. protogere

Yeah but Mike'll be the safe one you know. I didn't think he was that bad.

April 7, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  189. BigBrad

Mike goes to the seats for the first time

April 7, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  190. mozart4898

Mike, Aaron, Andrew, bottom 3

April 7, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  191. protogere

Looking like Mike, Andrew, Aaron bottom 3?

April 7, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Tonya

Ursh has nothing to worry about... Jason was channeling MJ...

April 7, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  193. willyboy

Davey boy is a really good singer-great to see him again.

April 7, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  194. protogere

Wb Mozart

April 7, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  195. M Vasquez

David Archuleta rocks

April 7, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  196. mozart4898

Woohooo! Satellite is back...lol

April 7, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  197. BigBrad

Protogere = Lee is safe...that bagpipe deal with his "Why? WHY NOT!" quote probably earned him another million votes...I am a Lee fan, and that is a top five guy at the least.

April 7, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  198. michele

hopefully andrew will go home tonight

April 7, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  199. BigBrad

Is it me or do they do selective autotune on certain guest stars and not on the others? Or is there a giant difference in their engineering?

April 7, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  200. protogere

I just can't see Aaron leaving yet, he has the teen vote which should carry him further. I really hope Lee isn't there BigBrad, he's a great singer, last night was just a mess. I'm not surprised though at Andrew being polled low, he is and has been my favourite male that made it to Hollywood week but he has just been so lost for so many weeks.

April 7, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Laura

This season does't have the wow factor. They are all good but not great. I can't wait to see Adam Lambert next week. He has the wow factor. Andy Gracia is going home tonight.

April 7, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  202. BigBrad

@willyboy you are money on that prediction!

April 7, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  203. James S.

Since willyboy said it, fine. The poll I mentioned above shows Andrew and Aaron neck and neck. Should be interesting.

April 7, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  204. willyboy

If the predictor sites are right, it's gonna be andrew or aaron–

April 7, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  205. BigBrad

@protogere I doubt Lee is there. His facebook post got like 4th most comments.

April 7, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  206. protogere

LoL Mozart I was guess it would be his little groups of folks trick where he makes the odd one out pick the group of choice – which is always cruel.
    I am a bit surprised it will be all male, I figured Katie would get in the bottom again.
    Well we know Andrew is there, Tim likely, though he'll never be sent home. And if it is on last night's performances – Lee rounds out the bottom 3?

April 7, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  207. BigBrad

Ok we all knew the 3 girls were safe....the way the start of the program set up,...looked like Big Mike might be the one. Hope not!

April 7, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  208. mozart4898

Ok so the big thing I wanted to know is that Crystal is safe...lol but gotta love spring weather. Storm's moving in and we lost our satellite for now...

April 7, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  209. SBNY

I bet Crystal goes....

April 7, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  210. mozart4898

Well ok, I guess that was a shock – but only because of how Ryan had all of them come to the center of the stage. I really figured one of the 3 would have been bottom 3 for him to do that.

April 7, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  211. James S.

MSNBC's "Rate the Idols" scale has been infallible this year. According to today's results...well, I don't want to give anything away, but there could be shocker. (Hint: just go check out the ratings for yourself.)

April 7, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  212. protogere

I have my doubts on the save – it's still fairly early and none of them really has shown enough strengths to be some diamond in the rough – that is of the weaker singers.
    The best shocker for me would be to see Paul ::swoons::

April 7, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |