April 6th, 2010

Tina Fey bringing Sarah Palin back to 'SNL'

Tina FeyTina Fey’s Sarah Palin impersonation isn’t for the history books just yet.

Fey told the U.K. paper the Telegraph that she’ll likely have to warm up her version of an Alaskan accent for a Palin reprisal on "Saturday Night Live."

“I haven’t been watching her on television lately because I’ve been working on "30 Rock," but I’m doing another "Saturday Night Live" next month and I’m sure we’ll be trying to write something about her,” Fey said.

In case you slept through 2009, or just want to relive the memory for old times sake, watch Fey's "Palin" take on Amy Pohler's "Hillary Clinton" here.

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. News Hot Spot

You're really a excellent webmaster. The site loading pace is incredible. It sort of feels that you're doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a magnificent process in this matter!

July 22, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. High Quality Aftermarket Performance Accessories

I do agree with all of the ideas you have offered for your post. They're really convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for starters. Could you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

July 22, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kaos bola

A person essentially lend a hand to make seriously posts I would state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit extraordinary. Excellent job!

July 22, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dennis

Uh oh, the Dems are in trouble. Get Fey on the red phone! We need some Palin mockery STAT!

August 9, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Judith

Sarah Palin is a perfect subject for comedians. She gets up on that podium, attacks Obama and wants to "Take back America!" She gets red faced and angry and spouts off at subjects she knows nothing about. To those with an IQ she is viewed as a ridiculous politician as she goes around promoting herself as a big celebrity. To the naive and desperate she is a leading lady who can Master the Universe as they cheer her repeticious comments that she memorized during the campaign. Sarah Palin isn't even liked by most in her own state of Alaska! I would vote for Tina Fey for president before I would vote for Sarah Palin, at least she knows what stupidity is and knows how to bring it out in a way that maybe even a republican would notice.

April 10, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. WNY

Tina Fey's impressions of Palin were the highlight of 2008 campaign for me. However, although I find her hilarious, humor is very subjective and not everyone finds the same style funny. So for those few who don't see the humor, find a comedian who does make you laugh and enjoy! (I also think the Fey-Palin impression is only funny if you see Palin's incompetence. For all those voters who felt/feel she looks capable, and don't see the intellectual void, it can't possibly be funny? It is like Will Ferrell's "W. Bush" impressions – if you don't see the intellectual problems Bush had you woudn't see the humor?)

April 10, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  7. Michael M

Please Sarah, don't go away! You're just way too much fun. Not to mention all the good you're doing for the Democratic Party and liberals everywhere.

April 9, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Vladimirovich

i don't really find 30 rock funny. The jokes dont register with me for some reason. I love Carrell and The Office. Now that whole gang makes me crack up. Modern Family is pretty funny as well. I feel like 30 Rock is overrated.

April 9, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. JOE

PALIN IS JUST A RIGHT WING RELIGIOUS FREAK AND ALL EFFORTS SHOULDL BE MADE TO MAKE FUN OF HER AND HER STUPIDITY !!! THERE MUST BE A CONCERTED EFFRORTS TO MAKE FUN AND RIDICULE HER IGNORANT UNEDUCATED ROBOT EXTREMIST TERRORIST FOLLOWERS TOO !!!! THEY ARE All TRASH !!

April 8, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Linda, Phoenix, Arizona

Tina Fey is brilliant and brings home the idocy of anyone even thinking fro one moment that the real Palin could lead her way out of a paper bag. Palin is scary and makes me ill every time I see her speak – she is inarticulate and makes ridiculous claims and just seems to read someone's talking points.
    God Bless America that we can lose this loser but keep on laughing at Tina !

April 8, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Patricia

Tina Fey has so much talent and makes me laugh – with her. Sarah Palin makes me laugh too, but it's a panic-y laugh, because she is really creepy. She scares the hell out of me, because, she's naive, uninformed and she actually believes "Runnin' the US of A would be a piece of cake!" Sarah Palin is a quitter and likes to Tea Bag. Tina Fey is smart and clever and has some IQ points. If Ms. Palin ever gets into the White House, our only hope would be to switch Tina Fey with Sarah Palin, like in the movie 'Dave', and let TINA run the country.

April 8, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Brandon Butler

Why is it so many of the people who say they don't like Tina Fey here feel then compelled to say that they're NOT a fan of Sarah Palin?

April 7, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  13. T

When there is a lack or absence of satire or comedy, people lose the souls.........

April 7, 2010 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. mfhpr

YUGO – Now THAT is funny!!! Thank you!!! Short, sweet and to the point...

April 6, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mfhpr

jackal – I believe she used Russia's and Canada's geographic proximity to Alaska as her exposure to International Affairs and experience. I believe that is what started the whole thing.

April 6, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. tina

Hey Bob,
    Is that your name or what you do on your knees?

April 6, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. brandi

30 Rock is hands down some of the best writing on TV ever- Tina Fey is amazing but the whole cast is incredible- I love the synergy among the characters. The Palin impression was iconic and hilarious, however, through Tina Fey, Palin becomes the consummate adorable idiot and I don't find that wretched swine of a woman remotely amusing in real life. I think Tina's impersonation of her kind of endears people to her sadly.

April 6, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mushymushroom

Tina Fey is totally funny...but I think the Sarah Palin impersonation has got to take a rest...or try something new. I mean, a lot of Americans scream they want Sarah Palin to go away but if SNL will keep on using Palin's novelty as their material for skits they're just making Palin more relevant.

Just saying... :)

April 6, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  19. shamgar50

ebooks2010com, do you ever tire of promoting that site of yours. Buy an ad, and stop polluting the forums.

April 6, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. shamgar50

jackal, stop lying. Most people wouldn't vote for Palin, because she's a quitter, and quite ignorant. She did say, you can see Russia from Alaska, in answer to a question about Russian actions. Fey just made it even funnier and dumber.

April 6, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Janessa D.

Thanks for clarifying, jackal.

April 6, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jackal

Forget whether you like Palin or not for a moment...

Palin never said that she can see Russia from her house. That was Tina Fey doing a spoof of Palin. Yet so many small minded people cannot seperate that. Every time I meet someone that does not like Palin, they bring up that line. Half of those folks do not believe me when I correct them on who said that. Most of those people tell me that it's a large part of why they would not or did not vote for her.

I think that is sad. How will we ever have fair elections if a tv show can make people believe something like that? How can anyone use SNL for their source of political informtion???

April 6, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. leftcoastblue

Tina Fey's Palin impersonation is spot on. She particularly nails SP's vapid mental processes - and I'm being generous to credit Palin with actual thoughts of any kind. The Alaskan is a female version of an empty suit.

April 6, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kelly in Fairbanks, AK

For those who wonder how Palin became governor of Alaska, let me, a lifelong Alaskan, tell you how that came to be.

The winner of the 2002 AK gubernatorial election was Frank Murkowski, our somewhat elderly, somewhat shady former GOP Senator, who annointed his daughter to take his place in the US Senate when he became governor. Sarah Palin, who lost her bid for Lt. Governor that year, campaigned heavily for Murkowski after the GOP primaries, and Murkowski rewarded her with a seat on the AK Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, a job she was abysmally unqualified for, but which, of course, she accepted.

Once seated, she accepted the position of "Ethics Supervisor" (ironically) and with a few months, filed ethics charges against a fellow commission member, also then chair of the state GOP, who was forced to resign when the charges of doing Party business on state time and possibly leaking info to oil and gas insiders were made public. Although the charges were never proven, the commission member resigned, as did Palin.

Next, she filed ethics charges against the State AG, claiming a conflict of interest. He resigned. Sen. Ted Stevens, probably fearing that he could be next, appointed her to a 527 group, where she was to provide training to Republican women in politics. (Although Palin may or may not have assisted in the downfall of Ted Stevens, she certainly disavowed any loyalty to him whatsoever once he was indicted, publicly pleading with him to "come clean".)

Thus, Palin was able to ride her "clean government" horse right into the next gubernatorial race, handily defeating her former mentor, the unpopular Murkowski who was a target of her disdain during the primary race. She narrowly defeated former Democratic governor Tony Knowles in the general election with a margin of 48.3% to 40.9% – hardly a landslide in this red state. And that is how Palin wound up being governor of our state – by filing ethics charges on people she didn't like, and leveraging all that negativism to propel herself up the ladder.

You can thank the moronic neocon Bill Kristol for falling in love with her during a visit to Juneau a couple of years later and selling her to McCain. But, at least she's out of our hair. She belongs to rest of America now.

April 6, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ebooks2010com

Criticizing blacks is a must read ebooks2010com. Open your mind and the truth will set you free. ebooks2010com

April 6, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Darwin

I can't wait, it will be really fun to see what SNL will be coming up with. Great entertainment!

April 6, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Steve

Tina Fey is a cerebral comic with a slapstick sense of comedic timing. She's brilliant! She exposes the dark side of human nature in a way we can all identify with. Those that deny her clear sense of intellectual pander are...well...in denial?

April 6, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Andrew

This is the internet Greg...not America

April 6, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Greg

Poor Bob!! He thought this was America and he was aloud to have an opinion.

April 6, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Yugo

Tina Fey is funny, but not near as funny as Sarah Palin. We haven't seen absurdist comedy like Palin's since Monty Python. Its true genius. Its so absurd that there are actually people in this country who think she is a real person and is serious about the things she says!!

April 6, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Andrew

You all need to read the book Scrotie McBoogerBalls and then you'll understand what's going on. All of you just have a simplistic view!

April 6, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Janessa D.

@Bubba: saying that Sarah Palin is "smarter than half the people in congress" is just a way of expressing the fact that she isn't a total moron, yet people seem to pinpoint her for verbal abuse when it comes down to making fun of right wing politicians. Honestly, when it comes to brains there are hundreds out there in office with less.

April 6, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. dp

amy poehler. seriously. how hard is it to spell a person's name right?

April 6, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Andrew

Hey did you hear Sarah Palin just announced she is a LESBIAN!

April 6, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Billy

@shooter

"It's too bad that a lot of the American public is so stupid that they think Sarah Palin ..." etc.

I find it most funny that you change tenses and use poor grammar when discussing others' stupidity. It's almost like ironic or something!

April 6, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Janessa D.

@Annie F: American Patriots don't have to white! That's a racist assumption, if you believe it.

April 6, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. maljazur

The only thing funnier than Tina Fey's Sarah Palin impersonations, is the fact that people are really impressed by Palin. Oh wait, that's not funny...that's tragic. I've never seen such ignorance-based venomous opportunism in such a physically attractive person.

April 6, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Str8 Outta Tx

she's funny as hell and not afraid to be politically incorrect. thats probably why some men are intimidated. she'll get on their ass!
    19/m/tx

April 6, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Bob's sense of humor

Bob, I really miss you. Are you ever going to take me back?

April 6, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  40. 1Rudy

Tina is enormously talented: writer, director, actor- you name it, she does it. And she's laugh-out-loud funny and beautiful to boot. TEDDY, I'm not tired of seeing her do Palin – if you are, god gave you a wrist to turn things off with. P.S. No need to shout with the caps- any idiot can write in all-caps and most do.

April 6, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  41. 1Houligan

Bob... you are a putz.

April 6, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  42. TEDDY

I AM SO TIRED OF TINA FEY DOING HER TAKE ON SARAH PALIN..PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF IT AND HER DOING IT!!!

April 6, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Andrew

Ignore Chuck Humm who is probably 85 years old and hates everything today because he is old. Old people like to think everything was better when THEY were younger...Bob Newhart wasn't the best comedian, but you like to think he is because you were YOUNG when he was around. Old people love talking about the OLD DAYS because in the OLD DAYS they were YOUNG! That's why everything was better in the past! It's because you weren't rocking the coffin back then!

Tiny Fey is a genius of comedy and 30 Rock is one of my favorite shows!

April 6, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  44. James

Tina Fey is smart and hilarious! Let's not forget she developed 30 Rock, which is the best comedy on tv. Last time I checked, there was a on/off switch on your tv. If you don't like her, shut it off. That is what I do when I see Palin. That and use her picture as dog poo wipes. LOL.

April 6, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Fred L. Fraud

30 Rock is the best comedy on TV.

April 6, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  46. chuck humm

Most comedy today is immature, critical, un-funny and extremely shallow and much of it is demeaning bathroom or bedroom humor. There are no truly talented comediens these days such as Bob Newhart, who were hilarious with gestures, facial expressions, timing and did not need to resort to vulgarity in a desperate attempt to be funny.

They were funny because they were talented–there is no true talent like that today.

April 6, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Erik

I find the whole "wit passes over lesser heads" such an obnoxious misfire. She isn't witty to appeal to some ridiculous, upper East side sensibility. She's just plain silly, and enjoys making people laugh, and makes a living doing so. I think she'd probably agree that comedy is over-analyzed. If you laugh, you laugh. If not, you change the channel. That's just how it works. There's no need for some kind of high-brow / low-brow debate about it.

April 6, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Andrew

Women aren't funny...excluding Tina Fey! She's hilarious!

April 6, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Bosah, MD

Paul is so dense, he is comparing apples and oranges. I thought he had a point to make but he must have been smoking or drinking something. How dare you – Hillary and Sarah in the same sentence?

April 6, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  50. futura

I doubt if all Alaskans have that screeching, rasping voice that Palin possesses. I can't stand it any more. But mainly because she uses it to great effect with mobs as dumb as she is. Although I shouldn't call her dumb – she knows how to rake in money. But she is crass, and crude and grossly uneducate dand uninformed , and guess what, proud of that too.

April 6, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  51. cwang

sometimes I do wonder if Sarah Palin is just pretending to be stupid if you look at how much she's getting paid by fox news and her latest deal with discovery channel. Her book sold well too. Does it really matter who bought the books? This woman is making a fortune, at a great cost to all the other women who's trying to be taken seriously. As a woman, it does suck to be me.

Tina Faye is hilariously funny; I can't wait for her come back as Sarah Palin. and there wouldn't have been Bill Clinton, if it wasn't for Hillary. It was a 2 for 1 deal all along.

April 6, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  52. moon627

Cool ! I look forward to seeing Tina Fey back on SNL :)

Sarah Palin is a never-ending bottomless pit of jokes !

April 6, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  53. mfhpr

oh sandy, you sure do hold yourself in high esteem. how could anything you stated in that very basic message be considered over ANYONE's head? wow, you really think you're smart...must be why you're a palin fan. she's as dumb as a rock and you think she's smart. my eight-year-old could dissect and criticize your comments...

April 6, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Brian Kerry

Wow, Tina's really going to do her "Sarah Palin" bit?? Such a shock.

Note: Tina Fey will likely appear at least once during every season of SNL. She will do two things during those yearly appearances. 1) she'll guest on the "Weekend Update" segment, and she'll 2) do her Sarah Palin impersonation. (during election years, she may appear (spoiler) on a prime-time election special). I have two words. Ho and hum.

April 6, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Sandy

mfhpr . . .

You totally missed the point of what I said. I'm afraid it's a bit over your head. And don't presume to call me "lost" because you know nothing about me. Go back to sleep.

April 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  56. YT

A plague upon the Republicans!

I don't watch much TV, I actually prefer the real world. Consequently, I've not seen much of Tina Fey, SNL or Palin – I read my news – but I've heard Fey's Palin impression is quite good. Obviously, she is a great actor, and her writing success seems to demonstrate that Fey is quite intelligent.

Nonetheless, one can dislike Picasso, yet love Van Gogh, and one can dislike Fey without being dim-witted. Sometimes it's just a matter of taste, not intelligence. Moreover, there is a lot of hate in these comments, particularly against Palin. Why?

Disliking Palin's politics is one thing, but hating her for speaking like many Alaskans is sad. The hate coming from the Palin-haters makes me think that Democrats are no longer liberals, just elitist haters.

I don't like the majority of the Republican Platform either, but the idea that hate is the path to enlightenment is a sad contradiction of Democratic ideals.

April 6, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  57. BCO

"Palin for President! At least she can speak from her heart. Fey is a DOG! Can’t even come close to Sarah’s in looks and intelligence. And to all you idiots and the Russia joke, YOU CAN SEE RUSSIA FROM ALASKA WITH BINOCULARS OR A TELESCOPE. You are all just stupid uneducated MORONS that like to take things she says out of context."

Um, the point is not that you CAN'T see Russia, the point is that she said that as a reason why she knows how to handle international diplomacy and politics. The fact that you don't get that is the perfect example to me that her supporters, like her, don't have the knowledge and understanding to even know why what they are saying doesn't make sense.

I think it is funny that people say dems fear Palin. It's not her that scares me, what scares me is that fact that so many people actually respect her and want her in any position of authority.

I watched Palin's interviews BEFORE I watched Fey's impressions of her. I didn't need anything but Palin's own words to convince me that she has no idea what she is talking about. Watching Fey on SNL was partly funny because she didn't even need to change Palin's ACTUAL words to sound like an idiot. I am using the truth, by watching Palin's interviews and own words, to determine my opinion of her, and it's not good.

April 6, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. mfhpr

Hey Jack...infotainment...I like that! FOX "reporters" or "experts" truly could "report" their "news" on the Comedy Channel! But they'd have a hard time getting the ratings to keep up with the current infotainment shows on there...

April 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Mo

Jim, you're wrong about Sarah's job as Governor. She wasn't suppose to govern, she was supposed to concentrate all her time fighting frivolous lawsuit after frivolous lawsuit until she was bankrupt. I just don't understand why she quit.

April 6, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  60. mfhpr

Hey MO...don't kid yourself...Sarah has provided LOTS of new material for us to laugh at AGAIN! We laugh when we see the real Sarah spew her nonsense, and we laugh even harder when Tina puts her spin on it...LOTS of new stuff daily, not to mention her "book"!

April 6, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  61. PALIN HATER

Tina fey is brilliant. all the right wingers on here simply hate tina fey for showing palin for what she truly is. A joke. she a idiot right outta Fargo and needs to go right back there. and Sarah news flash, Tina fey is the creater and producer of 30 rock! she is worth millions. The Queen Fargo idiot palin was just icing on the cake. You need to stop listening to the blatant racists rush and beck and learn how to form your own opinion.

April 6, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  62. jack merridew

Hey mfhpr!!!! You sound very smart. Let me ask you THIS! What is the #1 news for the past 10 years and counting? LMAO!!! You SORRY PIECE OF SHI@T!!! You are a clueless puppet to the EXTREM LEFT FREAK SHOW!!!

because its infotainment? it completely disregarded the entire idea behind the news and instead provided its viewers a cohesive narrative that allows them to be thriilled, outraged, attacked, loved and angry when they watch such problems, it gave up the complexities of the world we live in for the black and white of fiction.

April 6, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  63. KY

Aww, "Doug, witnessing liberalism".... It's sad, but you just don't seem to understand how ridiculous you sound.

"Using the F word at Obama's so called shinning moment"

And what "shinning" moment was that? Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that Palinistas have a hard time with the English language?

And "FatherFrank" (interesting choice of handle) – "They feel threaten by Her Charm, Poise, and her love of Family. Sarah is not afraid to be a woman."

Um, no. My wife, a beautiful Southern lady, doesn't feel the least "threaten" by Palin, who she thinks lacks charm, poise and uh... her "love of family"? Wherever did you get the impression that this woman has a great love of her family? She SAYS she loves her family, but judging from her activities over the past two years, she pretty much ignores her kids, unless she's using them for publicity... Who's raising Trigg, who is at the stage of development when most children with his disability (can I call it that, or will that insult the Queen of Mean?) need intensive therapy and support? I don't think that sweet little Piper is up to that duty just yet...

No, Palin has a great love of self, but comes off as a hypocrite when she claims to put her family first... And anyone who thinks she's a beautiful woman doesn't see the vicious politician that lurks beneath her thin veneer.

April 6, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  64. mfhpr

Hey Pain Lover...still trying to figure out your grammatical error?!

April 6, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  65. mfhpr

hey VICTIM: You obviously didn't notice that I covered that...I said "most" of your news...DUH!!!

make up your own mind, huh...so not once have you repeated a single thing FOX or Rush or Beck have told you??? sure....

April 6, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Mo

John in Fla., I'm totally with you. Barry was highly qualified for the job and in no way has he proved to be naive, incompetent or corrupt. He's nurtured a more positive relationship with allies and has not been worked like a $10 ho by enemies.

Having an exploding debt to gdp ratio isn't bad, it's moving us towards being "a save and invest society". Next up Cap n Tax and Amnesty. Thank goodness the intellectuals are in charge, we can all rest easy.

April 6, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  67. mfhpr

Palin Lover...WOW! You REALLY are angry. Not American? First off, I am...was born and raised here. Second of all, I'm so American that I actually appreciate our official language so much that I can use it correctly. Grammatically, you need a little help. I watch FOX?!!! I only see it when it's being made fun of for all its incorrectness when it comes to FACTS!!! Blood shed...what's that got to do with anything? Oh, that's right...the necessary wars...got me there...

April 6, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Oldschl - Ohio

Tina Fey's impersonation is not humor, it's disrespect. There is a fine line between entertainment and character assasination and Tina crosses that line. We already like or dislike Sarah's politics, why keep beating this horse? BTW, Tina was great up to and including the "I can see Russia...." skit. After that, not so much.

April 6, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  69. mfhpr

Sandy, how do you think Sarah got her "fame"? Had you or 99% of our citizens ever heard of her before 2008? She's an opportunist, I'll give her that much. She's making LOTS of money due to the ignorance of so many lost people such as yourself...

April 6, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  70. G

Palin Lover, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED BINOCULARS OR A TELESCOPE TO SEE RUSSIA FROM ALASKA.

April 6, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Palin Lover

mfhpr Do the research. ITS A FACT!!! You watch it too. LOL!!! Your a clown. Go pray to your king obama. Im willing to bet you are not an american. America didnt get to where we are today without blood shed, waffle crapper. NRA forever!!!!

April 6, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Water is Basic

@Johnny Orlando
    that was hilarious, I had people looking at me when i started laughing.
    Also don't forget Brian Fellows, The Lovers (Will farell n wife in hot tub)...

April 6, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  73. mfhpr

palin lover...i DID answer your question...read again!!!! i agreed with you!!! FOX is the answer...

hey chief, see what i mean...read palin sap's comments to me...septic waste?

PL, you really do come across as someone that is VERY smart and can handle yourself very well in a civil debate or argument. keep it comin'...you're making me really scared with your threatening tone...sounds like a typical REP...must scare people so they run away...NOT going to happen, dummy!

April 6, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  74. mfhpr

chief of hekowees...you're pointing out what most REPs are hypocritical about...they say DEMs are name-callers and spew mean disagreement with those who don't agree with them, etc., but when you open your eyes you'll see that THAT is ALL REPs really do! open your eyes and ears and you'll witness the truth...

April 6, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Palin Lover

mfhpr! Looks Like u couldnt answer my question. You stopped spewing septic waste from the thing you call a mouth pretty quick! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

April 6, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Sandy

This dingbat will be out of work if Sarah ever returns to private life. That's her one claim to fame as she sucked on SNL and I can't even stand to watch the last couple minutes of 30 Rock, a stupid show where she sucks also.

April 6, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  77. mfhpr

Palin Lover...you just keep getting funnier! sorry piece of what? please spell it out...ten years and running...and you still believe what they tell you...doesn't say much for your level of intelligence when you think FOX and Palin are worthy sources for real news. facts continue to prove BOTH of them wrong, but you don't care about facts, do you...wake up, idiot...there is NO extreme left wing! there are, however, intelligent, open-minded people that don't have to rely on war and guns to feel good about themselves...sorry for the "wake up" comment...that will NEVER happen. you were born with it and it will NEVER go away...sorry for you and those you influence with your small-minded views of the world.

April 6, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Pat P

I question the intelligence of people who actually think Sarah is smart. And the sad thing is, Sarah doesn't even know how stupid she is

April 6, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jim

Tina is a comedian therefore it is part of her job description to be satirical. She is doing her job.

Sarah Palin was a Governor. Part of her job description was to govern. She quit her job.

And you losers would have liked to see her as VP? What if the job got too hard?

Man, what a bunch of tools...

April 6, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Grace

Thank you. Now I will be watching SNL again. Only intellectuals understand you.

April 6, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Chief of the Hekowees

This blog is so representative of what has happened to the Democratic party over the last several decades. When I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, it was always the demos that practiced tolerance, good-will, and a general sense that most people were inherently good. Now, it seems, that those that call themselves democrats spew hatred at anyone that does not share their views, and finds it necessary to belittle them.

You've lost your way.......

April 6, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  82. victim of democrat hypocrisy

Actually, mfhpr, you guessed wrong. Unlike you, I can make up my own mind and prefer unbiased news. That's why I'm here. Duh!

April 6, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Cowgirlamy

This is going to be funny. I can't stand Palin. She is everything that is wrong with the GOP and why I left the party. No intellectual honesty or integrity. Just play to Bubba and all will be good. No thanks. Palin is not smart and worse she is a quitter.

Fey can be funny sometimes but SNL wasn't funny under her and isn't funny now. Her impression of Palin was hysterical though so there is hope.

April 6, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  84. mfhpr

hey SALTYDAWG...tina was a NOBODY until sarah came along??? hmmmm...seems we're all missing something here...had you EVER heard of palin prior to that disasterous decision of mccain's to bring her out of the woods??? sarah still is a nobody that NO ONE fears. she's dumb as a rock. hasn't a clue how to scare anyone without fear-mongering politics and a gun in her hand. get a clue, man...

April 6, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  85. PR

Sorry Tina, you will never be half the woman Palin is. Keep on pretending though. You seem to be relevant to the idiots on this site.

April 6, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Keith

Sarah Palin is intelligent. She's not so empty-headed you can almost hear the wind whistling through her ears, like some–but she's a blatant hypocrite, which I'm sure will give her a great career in politics. Using her hand as a "bio-prompter" during an interview . . . then dumping on Obama . . .

Look, there's plenty to dump on Obama. However, I don't need–WE don't need!–more political goons spouting trash talk, even if they are female. Ann Coulter and Janeane Garafalo take care of that for both sides already.

April 6, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Bubba

Janessa, stating that Palin is smarter than half the people in congress really does not do a whole lot for your argument regarding her alleged intelligence.

And Bob, we'll he's probably one of those 'men' that's a 'pro-lifer' and think they have some say in what a women can do with their womb....

April 6, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  88. christine

Oh, just give it time, in 10 years when Sarah isn't looking so appealing anymore to the male population, she'll be another blip on the screen. Tina Fey is a phenomenal comedian, kudos to her for her impression and for keeping the laughs going. I would have thought that a woman who claims to have killed bears and went hunting and fishing in the tough Alaska wilderness could handle something as simple as a few interviews without acting like a deer caught in the headlights. I guess that's what happens when you quit your governship 18 months early, when you can't take the heat, step out of the kitchen and into a reality show. I would have donated money to see her appear with Joan Rivers and Cyndi Lauper, now that would have been good entertainment. Can't wait for Date Night with Tina Fey and Steve Carrell!

April 6, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Al Bistro

Please, Palin Lover, if your gal was so great, why is it that during her governorship, Alaska was (and in fact still is) consistently ranked the 49th out of 50 states? Answer me that, if you dare!!

April 6, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Palin Lover

April 6, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  91. William

Marc – If Tiny Fey is a role model for TV, then I'm throwing mine out. I never considered her that funny and I DO get shows like Arrested Development. I agree with the other posters who believe Fey is an attention-hungry twit. She opportunistic and I consider her actually well below other comedians and decent shows on TV. However, if I gauge how TV has progressed over the past decade, it's no wonder the masses consider Fey funny – most good shows on TV have been replaced with tripe. SNL has been crap for nearly 2 decades.

April 6, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  92. annie f.

@Janessa D, Do American Patriots have to be white? I was just curious ? I'm asking very seriously.

April 6, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  93. John N Florida

3 points: On Sarah Palin; she has done one good thing. She makes G. W. look like a Rhodes Scholar in comparison.
    On Tina Fey; she just high lighted the total non-qualifications Mrs. Palin possessed for a high office.
    On speaking from the Heart: I've watched many people do this over the years. SOME even manage to connect the Heart with the brain. Mrs. Palin is NOT among that SOME.

April 6, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  94. brad1001

3rd Rock it's called? The ages old formula, put a comedienne on TV, add a laugh track. Hoy Hee Hoy Hee ... SNL is still on?

April 6, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Mo

Telling Bush or Palin is stupid jokes to libs is like telling poo-poo jokes to 5 year olds. You don't have to be talented or creative to do it but it always gets a laugh.

By not being evenhanded, SNL has ignored the goldmine of possibilities that BOzo and Joe the Dumber has provided them. Oh well, time to dust off the old "I can see Russia" jokes I suppose. I think a lot less people will be laughing this time around.

April 6, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  96. JR

Tea Party Activist... Are you being sincere or ironic? Do you even know?

April 6, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Keith Alaska

Hey idiots thats not an Alaska accent. Dont know where she picked that one up. Minnesota, North Dakota, perhaps Calgary. Not Alaska though. We have a very soft pleasant mid western sounding accent. So shut it.

April 6, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  98. mfhpr

Hey Victim...I guess you get most of your "news" from Faux???

April 6, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  99. E

Rick, smart? Smart people don't single handedly destroy an election campaign.

April 6, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Dee

Tina, you are great and even better as Sister Sarah. You know half of the Maverick team. The button is still on eBay- that's proof enough- they were Mavericks before they became Tea Party people.
    Mc Cain should run on the party Sarah pitches.

April 6, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Scout

Bob–Tina Fey's humor is probably far too cerebral for you. And, why in the world do you think she's a horrble person? How could you possibly know that?
    Methinks you are ticked because of her dead-on impersonation of the moronic Palin and are too ashamed to admit it.

April 6, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  102. mfhpr

HEY sk...looks like you're one of us...you read it and commented on it...

April 6, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  103. victim of democrat hypocrisy

Tina Fey plays to those who get their "news" from Stewart and Colbert.

April 6, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Rick

Tina Fey is a very talented woman.

Sarah Palin is a smart, dedicated, inspired person. It amazes me why he left fears her and her open minded views:
    Feminisim, Life, Freedom, golly these things all sound good to me. We need progressive thinkers & doers like Ms. Palin to get the US back on track.

Hey, how about a little honesty?

April 6, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  105. arpadthemagyar

Watching TV is like having an open sewer pour into your living room every night.

April 6, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  106. mfhpr

Oh Palin Lover, keep 'em coming, please!!! You're just as funny as Sarah and Tina!!! Intelligence???!!! Now that's FUNNY!!! Thanks!!!

April 6, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Joe

Tina Fey is hot. When she is playing the role of Sarah Palin, she is even HOTTER!

April 6, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Doug, witnessing liberalism

Yes, Ky there is no hope for some of us to become dishonest, hate-filled narcisisst Democrats, its nice to go to sleep at night knowing you do the right thing and tell the truth at all times, it is a peace that a liberal Democrat could never know of and for that I feel sorry for you.

FDR president when the stockmarket crashed and Americans all had TVs in 1929.

Asking a man in a wheelchair to stand up.

Using the F word at Obama's so called shinning moment.

or Obama,

57 states, using a teleprompter to talk to school children ETC

but no, can't make jokes off the truth, got to lie about Palin, like the congressman who never was spit on and somehow heard the N word when the 20 or so cameras around him didn't pick it up.

April 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  109. observer

Bob. You appear to have issues.

April 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  110. E

Did you not see Mean Girls? yea, she wrote it

April 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  111. LAKINA

@Janessa

Really is Sarah smart. She thought Africa was a country...need i say more.

April 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  112. sk

why is this news worthy? CNN is for idiots.

April 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  113. UpSyndrome

Nothing is more funny then creepy pampered metro-intellectuals making fun of poor country people. I just can't stop laughing. She is the most !

April 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Russell Hammond, Hollywood CA

"She has a desperate need for attention."

HELLO! She's an actor.

April 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Funny girl

"Party on Wayne"..."Party on Garth"..."Sarah Palin is coming to SNL

again via Tina Fey-maybe she can do a doobie with us" "Cool-party

on Wayne"..."Party on Garth"...

April 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Left wing fools.

Democrats like Tina Fey are simply preaching to the choir. The joke will be on them when within 2 years, their lord-and-savior Obama completely dismantles and destroys this country and seizes their many homes and assets for redistribution to the masses.

Fools all.

April 6, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Eve Lynne

I do love when she does Palin. It's dead on! She just makes the absurd more noticeable.

April 6, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  118. SaltyDawg

Funny how you people fear Sara Palin so much that you enjoy Tina Fey making fun of her.

Tina Fey was a nobody, a has been until she pulled out her Sarah Palin impersonation. She swore up and down she would never do it again and typical of all liberal Democrats she is going back on her word. Why is that? Ratings, that's the only reason. Again she has been forgotten and now that Sarah Palin is on Fox News she can't stand for Sarah Palin to get the attention and not her.

I have very little, no check that. I have absolutly NO RESPECT for someone who would make the comment "I'd Like to Club her over the head like they do those baby seals" without so much as speaking to that person. How can you hate someone so much? Fear that's the only reason.

April 6, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Mike

Rob I am trembling alright; trembling with laughter on Tina's portrayal of Sarah. I am looking forward to the SNL show.

April 6, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Palin Lover

PALIN 2012!!

April 6, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Tea Party Activist

Now that Sarah Palin has betrayed us by supporting John McCain, I think this would only be fitting.

I hope she tears that traitor and quitter from Alaska to pieces

April 6, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Red jeans

Sarah Palin is the biggest joke. I cannot for the life of me understand any attention she gets. first leaving her Job...not being a Mom to know what her teen-age daughter was doing...so how in the world can she say anything...and Tina Fey...you go girl...tell it like it is. Sarah sure is not.

April 6, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Roy

Imitation is the sincerest form of flatulence.

April 6, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  124. mary

Tina Fey is the funniest woman alive. Except maybe Sarah. Wink, wink. O, wait-we are supposed to take Sarah seriously. Well, that's it then, Tina's the one!

April 6, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Independent Voter

Just watch Palin's speech when she stepped down as govenor of Alaska, while she isn't a moron she definitly has problems staying on message and make coherant arguments. Tiny Fey does a great job of portraying her and I have never based my judgement of Palin on what others say...just what comes straight out of the horses mouth.

April 6, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  126. FatherFrank

Reading the comments here I now understand what the American Woman’s complaint is with Sarah Palin.
    Most women in the USA don’t feel complete unless wearing Men’s Pants.

April 6, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Publius

Tina Fey is funny; but I'm pretty sure "witty" is a stretch and "smart as hell" is wildly irresponsible hyperbole. Has SNL ever had any writers that smart? The writers for Big Bang Theory seem to be way smarter than Tina Fey, et. al. Speaking of which, 30 Rock is one of the less intelligent comedies of our time. People who think otherwise have been suckered by pompous critics who think they're a hell of a lot smarter than they actually are. Critics are more interested in new and trendy than smart. Calling Tina Fey witty is like saying The Matrix was philosophically adroit (which it wasn't–it was what you get when the writers have two years of philosophy education rather than, say, a degree in it).

April 6, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Rob

There is something ugly and disrespectful on how Tina Fey portrays Sarah Palin. I love SNL and have a great sense of humor but she portrays Palin with an almost hatred that I've never seen anyone impersonate on SNL.

April 6, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Tammy

Someone needs to publish Palin's pronouncements verbatim.
    Would be fun/sad/scary to then try to figure them out grammatically (remember diagramming?).

Also, please investigate who writes her Facebook and Twitter and all that - NB the above - can't be the same person. Then, someone has to actually THINK OUT what's being written in her name. Do they check with her?

April 6, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Kevin

Considering how well Tina Fey parodies Palin, it only makes sense for her to do the impersonation skits. It would be stupid not to. Fey is a comedian after all. And Palin is a public political figure and has shown that she can take it. So I don't see the problem. I am however frightened by the seething anger demonstrated by some of these posts. I think some of what is written here says a lot more about the personal quality of those posting as opposed to Tina Fey or Sarah Palin.

April 6, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  131. KY

"the boss" said: "how come we don's see anybody doint skits on the stupid stuff the ptous and the vice ptous say. They say alot of stupid stuff."

I'm assuming you mean "POTUS" ("P"resident "o"f "t"he "U"nited "S"tates") and VPOTUS... And "they" do write scripts and perform skits about them. Watch "SNL" on any given Saturday night. And they're not the only ones who "say alot of stupid stuff"...

And poor "Doug, witnessing liberalism" (perhaps for the first time) managed to attack "hate" while spewing it himself with this addled remark:
    "Liberal hate is not funny, libs like Tina make a Glenn Beck seem like Mother Teresa.

When a Limbaugh or Beck makes a joke it is really funny because it is based on the truth and facts, libs would be funny if they would be truthful but then again there is a better chance of Osama Bin Laden lighting a Menorah than a Demorat being honest."

No comment. I just wanted to highlight your assinine remark.

Wait! I just have to say that if you think that Limbaugh and Beck tell jokes about liberals based on "truth and facts", then there's no hope for you. I'm sorry that you're thus afflicted. Good luck and good day.

April 6, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Doug, witnessing liberalism

Sarah Palin makes Democrats show their true colors, that alone makes her a great person and one who will be remembered 100 years from now as helping to save our nation.

Most Americans are decent, honest, respectful people. Sarah shows them that the liberals are the opposite of them, totally filled with hate, choosing lies over truth, wanting to harm other Americans and wishing them death just based on their views.

April 6, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Surf_Dog

It really doesn't take much effort to make Ms. Palin the butt of a joke, all she has to do is open her mouth and out comes the fodder.

Ms. Palin is such a simpleton, she knows nothing about the serious issues that she comments on. Specifically foreign policy and what goes on the in the rest of the world. Could she even find countries on an unmarked globe? I seriously doubt it!

April 6, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Cyndy

I know Palin provides enough material to support hundreds of comedic careers and the appearance aspect makes it especially easy for Tina Fey but seriously isn't America sick of seeing and hearing about Palin yet?

April 6, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Rick in SD

I love Tina Fey! I loved her on SNL when she did the news segment. One of my favorite moments was right after the 2004 presidential election. She was commenting on how close that election was and said "half the electorate voted for John Kerry. The other half believes Adam and Eve rode to church on a dinosaur." LOL!

April 6, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  136. tiny fey is amazing

I find it hilarious that so many people think that Tina Fey actually gives a rats bum about Sarah Palin, the politician. Wake up people! Fey is a comedic actor who is paid to do impressions that attract an audience.... as big of an audience as humanly possible, in fact, so that NBC can attract viewers and get paid by advertisers to continue their programming. Fey mocks the show biz process in her genius series, 30 Rock. For a woman slightly younger than Fey, I admire her genius and understated acting. She played the comedy game, for years a male-dominated environment, and paved the way for other female writers/actors, like the amazing Kristen Wiig! I wish more women would follow. With Fey as Palin, I am hopeful they will! NBC sees GREEN!

April 6, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  137. LittleJoy

Bob says, "[Tina Fey] has a desperate need for attention. " Hellooo! Tina Fey is an actor. Don't you think one of the job of an actor is to get their audience's attention. And she is doing a great job of it. SNL have been going downhill for 20 years or so now. I didn't like Tina Fey that much when she was with SNL. But now I realize that comparing to the current SNL actors she was pretty good. Now that without the constraint of SNL, she thrives.

April 6, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Brittany

Do I detect some sarcasm in that statement Mark G? AND...Derek Trucks? Are you the guitar player Derek Trucks? If so, you and your wife are my FAVORITE! Can't wait to see you in Roanoke!

April 6, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Steve

Sarah Palin's accent isn't an "Alaskan" accent. Her parents were from Idaho, and she was born there. Although she grew up in Alaska, her accent is very much Idaho.

April 6, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Ryan

Oh boy...another liberal bash session.

I thought this was about Tina Fey coming back to cameo in SNL? My bad.

April 6, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  141. juricuse

ditto, joe p. And please, all you Xinas of the world, stop lavishing your praise on someone who attacks someone you obviously have a political agenda against..

April 6, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  142. TheAlaskaCurmudgeon

The headline should read, "Sarah Palin bringing Tina Fey back to SNL."

Without Sarah, we wouldn't have this wonderful act. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but thank you Sarah.

April 6, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  143. holmes

oh how cute rob, you're a hard-line conservative – palin doesn't make anyone tremble until she opens her mouth and you wonder how a state elected her their governor – you betcha'

April 6, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  144. txkboy

I believe Tina Fey is one of the funniest comedians of the latest generation. Jokingly funny is people like Will Ferrell, earlier stuff of Sandler, Carrey. They just have good agents. I mean, com' on, the show won multiple Emmy's, and she won a SAG.

April 6, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Bill

Be portraying Sarah Palin again...She's keeping a moron in the news. Although it might be a satirical portrayal, anything Sarah Palin says or does is not news worthy. If people stop portraying her or mocking her, perhaps her popularity will actually die down and we won't have to hear about her anymore.....

April 6, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Tony

Ah, Sarah Palin. The gift to comedy that keeps on giving.

April 6, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Kim

First of all, the media does not portray Sarah Palin in anyway; Palin shows her true self in the media (no one made her write notes on her hand or make silly comments, such as viewing Russia from Alaska). Secondly, someone mentioned she didn't ride her husband's coattails to the top; no, she rode McCain's coattails to controversy (not to the top), capitalized on her family issues and losing the campaign, and staying in the public eye by making outrageous comments. BTW, recently did some news outlet reveal her fisherman husband riding her coattails by making political decisions during her tenure as governor?

April 6, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Nate

Thanks for the good laugh, Joe!

April 6, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Laurie

Janessa D - I did some unbiased research, Sarah Palin truly is a dingbat.

April 6, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Pete

TIna Fey, while talented and funny, clearly lacks any creativity. Beating a dead horse (the Palin gimmick). And while the youth and liberal's of America find it hilarious, all it does it help to anger and rally Palin supporters who will most definitely show up to the polls in 2010 and 2012. If Tina Fey wants to show how talented she is, she would find something new to make fun of. Palin isnt even a politician at the moment. I just think that giving Palin the attention is only going to help Palin and I'm 99% sure that Tina Fey isn't a supporter of Palin.

April 6, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  151. LK

The Libatards must really be frightened by Palin to spend soooooo much time trying to marginalize her!

Liberals don't RELATE to the majority of Americans and they know it. They can't understand people who are proud of what America stands for and want to keep our values and traditions intact.

Keep up the good work Sarah - you've still got them running scared.

April 6, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  152. brad

Bob, Saresse. By admitting that you don't get her Tina's brand of humor, you run the risk of exposing yourselves and dim-witted simpletons, with brains the size of marbles and probably just as smooth.

April 6, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Mark, NY

Tina was excellent in her role as palin and really showed what an absolute idiot palin came across as.

April 6, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Robert

For those of you who may not recall (Bob) Tina Fey was the head writer for SNL. Her talents have to be measured beyonfd the surface of just being funny. She's smart as hell. Her impersonation of Sarah Palin after the Katie Couric interview, saved us from the republican PR machine controlling the message. I thank her as much as I do Katie Couric!!

April 6, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Wendy

There's nothing wrong with a good laugh!!! Can't wait to see what they come up with :) :) :)

April 6, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Mike

I think Bob is Tina Fey and you all have been punked.

April 6, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  157. amabobama

To her backers, clever parody of SP is "hate speech!" They confuse hate and wit–because they hate wit.

April 6, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  158. ACE

Actually Tina Fey cannot do Sarah Palin justice, she would have to dumb it down a lot more

April 6, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Sandy

I'm LIZZING!

April 6, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Robby Hart

Most of the SNL cast is terrible with little to nothing to offer in the way of new ideas so Tina Fey, once again, comes to bail this show out (for a little while) and get their ratings up. Tina always seems to pop back up with the old Sarah Palin routine when people are tuning off from SNL. We are tired of the "Shock" type comedy that the cast seems to put everything into to try and get a laugh. By shock-type comedy I'm talking about Guys tonguing guys, young guys making out and tonguing old ladies, projectile vomit, pixilated nude skits... They just keep resorting to the same shock comedy over and over, week after week while trying to step it up even higher than the time before. It's not funny, not in any way. It just looks like a desperate attempt to try and pull something funny out of something disgusting. What it really comes down to is that the cast is resorting to ideas like this because they have no new or original ideas of their own. That being the case, I'd have to say it's time to say goodbye to SNL or ditch the whole cast and start over. If the new cast resorts to the same 5-year old written jokes and skits then it's time to close shop permanently. Stop bailing this show out Tina. You have paid your dues and you don't owe this show anything else. You've already paid your debt to them for all your previous "bail outs".

April 6, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  161. t

Tina Fey needs to pose for Playboy

April 6, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Chance Novak

File under : One Trick Pony

April 6, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Holly

With her dry, witty, lightning speed sense of humor, Fey ROCKS! Can't wait to watch SNL.

April 6, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Rob

Sarah is making a difference right now... so of COURSE the SNL liberals have to go after her. She scares the heck out of them.

I am not a big Palin fan, but I am a hard-line conservative and respect how she makes the libs tremble. And tremble they do, that is why they are so angry. We get mad at that which we fear.

April 6, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  165. holmes

anytime there is a smart, intelligent show on television you have "people" who don't understand it – tina fey is wonderful – she's so talented – guess it just makes some folks jealous – guess she should get some type of catch phrase like, "here's your sign" or "you might be a redneck if . . . " – guess she just not going for the lowest common denominator.

April 6, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  166. KY

I love Tina Fey because she's as courageous as she is brilliant. I loved her on "SNL" before I read that when she was a small child, an apparent madman ran up to her as she was playing in her front yard and slashed her across the left side of her face – the jagged scar remains, but they shoot her from the right. The fact that she grew up and became a comedic writer demonstrates her talent and tenacity; the fact that she's so brilliant on camera proves that she's fearless as well.

"30 Rock" scripts are so fast-paced that it takes a quick mind to catch every joke and innuendo. I doubt that Sarah Palin likes the show, and I'm pretty sure that many of her followers are unable to comprehend the rapid fire humor.

April 6, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Thomas Allen

Tina Fey is a genius! Attention to 'the boss' – you're spelling and grammar needs some real work!

April 6, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  168. James

regarding "Michael's" comment that Tina Fey's "our nation's third biggest liability next to Obama and Pelosi:" The stupid people (including Palin, in case you're not smart enough to understand my point here) lost this time around sir....suck it up!

April 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Tom

Yes do another palin sketch lord knows you and your career need it.

April 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  170. L. Flynn

Fey is a gifted mimic of Palin; nobody could do her better

April 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  171. JJ in NY

The loony lefties must be threatened by Sarah Palin's presence...
    that's why these vicious attacks and hate speech are so prevalent .

April 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Willa

Bob, obviously there are a lot of things you don't understand.

April 6, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Derek Trucks

Truth and facts, ha! That's a joke in itself

April 6, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Mark, California

Tina Fey is brilliant – and 30 Rock is hilarious. However, the reason I think there should be a bronze statue of Fey in every city is simply because she eliminated the laugh track from the sitcom!

April 6, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Jaduzink

We laugh at Tina Fey's portrayal of Palin noty only because of the skill of teh satire but because the reality of Palin is so very frightening. The humor helps to mask the danger and momentarily allay the fear.

April 6, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  176. John

Anyone who doesn't think she is funny or talented need to get their head examined. 30 Rock is awesome.

April 6, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Spike

Wonder if Tina will write some stuff on the palm of her hand this time? =) Tina rocks!

April 6, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  178. the boss

April 6, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  179. croaker

Sarah Palin is so obviously a bubble headed backwoods bimbo picked for her photogenic looks to be marketed to the masses, she really doesn't need to be parodied to be funny. Having smart, funny Tina Fey parody her is hilarious for the same reason the commercial where Jessica Simpson played the really smart woman was funny.

April 6, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  180. SP

Ha ha! Mocking Sarah Palin! Funny and original! So creative!

April 6, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Poppy

Janessa, have you actually watched a Palin interview or speech? It's not the media's fault that she is capable only of speaking in sound bytes and is incapable of thinking on her feet when asked simple questions. The media's not making her look stupid; she's taken care of that all by herself.

April 6, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Doug, witnessing liberalism

April 6, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  183. elo

Sarah Palin is already a hilarious caricature of herself. Tina Fey plays a better version of her, which makes it so funny. People who say they like Sarah Palin and want her to be president is just like saying they want Ronald McDonald, Mickey Mouse or Barney the dinosaur as president. Maybe worse.

April 6, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Brian

@Bob. Because some of us do find Tina witty and funny.
    Your opinion is nonsense.

April 6, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Johnny Orlando

oh yeah and the skit where 200 black guys ran a train on DAN NILE's mom

April 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Derek Trucks

Tina Fey is a Saturday Night Live legend!

April 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Sparky

We could probably just use a head of cabbage to impersonate Sarah Palin

April 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  188. why doesn't Bob understand Fey's jokes?

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't understand Tina Fey's witty humor. She is a very gifted and hilarious comedian. Comparing a comedian (who is portraying a character) to someone who ran for vice president is a meaningless comparison. Regardless of how you feel about Palin, anyone with half a brain has to admit Fey is very funny. I'm not surprised SNL keeps asking her back even after she left the show, especially when Palin keeps giving Fey more great material like her abstinence education, writing your speech on your hand and hosting a reality TV show like a celebrity diva.

April 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Johnny Orlando

Night at the Roxbury, Ladies man, Debbie downer...

April 6, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Steve

Obviously BOB, you have no sense of humor. Go find one.

April 6, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Melora, Longwood, Florida

Welcome back Sarah...er.... I mean, Tina!!!

April 6, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Dan Nile

Is there any memorable sketch from the 1999-2006 period during which Tina Fey was the SNL head writer? Nearly seven years without a laugh.

April 6, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Artifex

I need Tina to make me laugh about Palin, otherwise it makes me so sad to see all the numbskull Palin pushers who think her being as dumb and opinionated as they makes her qualified to be anything other than the quitter she is.

April 6, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Nora

It's not that those men that don't get Tina's humor... I totally understand. They are from a very different generation. My 86-yr. old mother doesn't get a lot of it either. Duh. Tina's not playing to that generation.
    Come on and give the guys a break. They can't help it that they'd rather watch Dancing with the Stars (like my mother). That requires no brain power.

I hope that the Palin fans out there are happy she's not running our country, but would like to see her heading up a beauty contest. You really can't honestly say you'd want someone there that has the intelligence of a small pretty child.

In defense of my mom... she loves Tina as Sarah and also loves Hilary!
    Can't wait for Tina along with Betty White on SNL.
    You go girl(s)!

And for you FULL RETARD... leave innocent babies out of your comments.

April 6, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Shel

Tina Fey gets a lot of credit for breaking down barriers for women as a TV creator who makes women-centered comedy. However, few seem to recall that as part of the origin of her show, she completely screwed over her friend Rachel Dratch. She was originally slated to play the 'Jenna' role. NBC brass wouldn't have it, and Tina Fey caved. Now, one could say that it was a concession she had to make in order to get her show made, but since she has really hit the big time and gained sooo much power, she has done nothing to rectify such a cold move. Her show is about her and her alone–she does not really care about changing the TV landscape for women.

April 6, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  196. RFK

Posted by Janice D – "Sarah Palin is a lot smarter than she is portrayed by the media."
    Sorry she is not. The media portrays her just as she is – simple, in every sense of the word. Where others would use analytical and critical thinking skills to offer lucid explanations of their point of view, Palin recites bumper stickers. To see a perfect example of this watch Fey's 'impersonation' of the Couric interview, with the real interview at the same time. You can find this on YouTube. Fey is repeating verbatim what Palin is saying.
    I do not mean this to be hurtful, but you are confusing patriotism with intelligence. There is no connection between the two. Until Palin provides actual solutions and not just criticism and rhetoric she will be perceived as intellectually inferior by the vast majority of the country.

April 6, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Johnny Orlando

If you think sarah palin is smart. Your mom needed to have an abortion

April 6, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  198. melissa

If Palin is so smart than why does'nt she show it? How do you know who she is she is a celibrity that is portrayed to be the image that you want her to be. You nor I knwo nothing about her behind close doors. People need to stop believing that these politicians and celebrites have your best intrests at heart. At the end of the day all they care about is themselves and how to further their career. If they have to choose between whats best for you or whats best for their family I bet they choose a reality TV series over a carreer in servicing the public anyday. And By the way I think Tina fey is just as funny and entertaining at her job as Sara palin is pretending to be someon she is not...lol

April 6, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  199. lucy2

I've been a fan of Tina's for a long time, and absolutely love 30 Rock. I think her Palin impersonation is hilarious, and let's face it, there's just loads of material to work with there.

April 6, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  200. inofritzn

Desperate much SNL? Pathetic with all the characters running this country they have to fall back on Palin for ratings.

April 6, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  201. joe p.

Bob...EXACTLY what I was going to say...reprising her role as Palin...HO_HUM....she is not funny at all, but always has that look on her face like she thinks she is....weekend updates were terrible...I'm not a Palin supporter either, but she is far better looking that 'scarface' Fey....WAAAYYY overrated!! Please go away, T. Fey.

April 6, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Travis

Sue,

What about when Tina Fey did a word for word impressionation of Sarah Palin. It was very funny and it was fact. She didn't even change one word. Palin made it easy.

Travis.

April 6, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  203. bobby Bethea

bob, she is funnier than you. why put people down with your own opinions, i am sure things you think are funny, others might think of a stupid. I don't think Obama is a good president but I am not on here bashing Obama, hell I got a guy I work with who I think is a moron, didn't mention his name Bob, who cares if you think 30 rock is boring, change the freakin channel Bob

April 6, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  204. whit

Hey Bob – get a sense of humor. Tina Fey is a brilliant award winning writer and comedian. You obviously are a Palin lover. Tina Fey shines showing everyone what a moron Palin really is. True CLASSIC and I can't wait to see how she puts together all the material Palin has given us!

April 6, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Chad

Bob....seriously? You know, I kind of think you are really Sarah Palin in disguise on the internet to destory any negative remark on your character. Bob=Sara Palin.

April 6, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Johnny Orlando

She does a great impression. She should pay Sarah Palame for the material though. You could not write a better comedy piece than what she actually says and believes. What a joke, and so are the wackos who actually like her.

April 6, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Shane

That's what is great about America. You have the option of laughing hysterically at Tina Fey who is wickedly funny. Or you don;t find her funny and prefer Mall Cop, Jeff Foxworthy, and the like. God Bless the U.S.A., huh?

April 6, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  208. victim of democrat hypocrisy

I'd wager the people bagging on Palin have listened to Tina Fey's version a lot more than the genuine article. I guess it's true–ignorance is bliss.

April 6, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  209. DIANA

Marc, you're right. She does belong up there with all the comedian greats. I can't wait to see her on Saturday Night Live as well as her latest movie coming out – Date NIght, (Tina I'll be expecting my check in the mail for plugging your movie ).

April 6, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  210. faz

Can't wait to see "Sarah Palin" on SNL again. Tina Fey does a better Sarah Palin then Sarah Palin does!!!

April 6, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  211. raf

So people love Sarah so much that, like german shepherds, they are highly protective and tear into whoever they perceive as trying to hurt her in anyway. Of course hillary has her dobermans too.

Tina Fey is hillarious - and the fact that she is the head writer for 30 rock is even more amazing.

April 6, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  212. jeff

Tina Fey is a gifted writer. And her send-up of Palin is priceless.

She may not be everyone's cup of tea but neither is Sarah Silverman, another talented comedian. I can't stand to watch her show, but some of her stand-up is very good.

It's very subjective, of course.

April 6, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  213. amabobama

These are three very different women. Hillary has come into her own by cutting free from her husband's coattails. Palin had to remove Todd from the payroll when he embarrassed her. We don't hear about Tina Fey's husband (assuming the lucky man exists) because Tina has her act in order.

April 6, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  214. CathyJ

LOL @ Janessa - all you have to do is go back and view some of the interviews with Sarah Palin and you will see that she isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box either. Fey's portrayal of Palin is spot on!!! Oh yeah - Palin is brilliant - and she can see Russia from her back yard........... oy vey

April 6, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  215. jim

April 6th, 2010 11:52 am ET

I really don't understand what people find funny about Tina Fey. I am not a Sarah Palin lover by any means. She is just as lousy on 30 Rock as on SNL. She has a desperate need for attention. She is no better than the person she is so desperately trying to portray.

yeh... right.... ur not a palin lover.... i believe that ....

April 6, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Janet L.

Priceless. She nails it every time.

April 6, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  217. shooter

It's too bad that a lot of the American public is so stupid that they think Sarah Palin said things with all sincerity that Fey has said in jest while impersonating Palin.

April 6, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  218. Linda

@INDYJONES. Good thing even Sarah Palin has a better sense of humor than you....Tina Fey is absolutely hilarious and smart too. Thing is, you have to BE smart to get her humor.

April 6, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  219. xina

hey, all you tina-haters . . . why'd you read the article and bother to write a comment if ya hate her so much? tina's relevant, get over it.

April 6, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Mike

Paul, in your comment about Sarah Palin not riding her husbands coattails to the top -/- WHAT is Sarah Pailin on top of ????

April 6, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  221. jim

April 6th, 2010 11:52 am ET

.... yeh, right... u r not a palin lover..... i believe that......

April 6, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  222. soledman

seriously bob? it's her job to grab people's attention. which is why she's rich and famous and your not.

April 6, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  223. km

I don't see how anyone can say she has no talent. Her show, 30 Rock, is the most popular series among upscale viewers, defined as those who have an income higher than $100,000 a year, on the broadcast networks. This is from AC Nielsen. Not highly rated, but the most popular. But I guess anyone without talent can do that.

April 6, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  224. J-Tron 2020

I just wonder if Tina will have enough room on her hand to write the whole skit.

April 6, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Sonia Prince

I love Tina Fey. Someone who acts as dumb on tv as Sarah Palin deserves to be mocked. If you say stupid stuff, be ready to get picked on. If you tell lies like Death Pannels, be ready to be mocked. Please, all she does is go around the country spreading lies, reving up the gun owners, and trying to scare the elederly.

April 6, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Garo

The only thing funnier than Tina Fey trying to be funny is Palin trying to be serious.

April 6, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  227. Sue

Janessa,, I think people know the difference between fact and fiction and I'm quite sure people who watch SNL don't really think that their skits are fact. People who watch have a great sense of humor and are amused by the exaggerations that reflect the truth.

April 6, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Karen

I absolutely agree with Bob. Tina Fey has no business insulting Sarah Palin or any other political official. She has no talent and I will not be wasting my time watching her on anything.

April 6, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  229. Michael

Lisa, you are wrong. She is our nation's third biggest liability behind Obama and Pelosi. Nice try, though.

April 6, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  230. IndyJones

I love Lucille Ball. I love Carol Burnett. These women were funny. Tina Fey is just cruel. I am NOT a Sarah Palin fan by any means. I do not believe she helps the Republican party at all. I found Tina's impression funny the first time. Tedious the second. And since then it has just been mean.

I think someone should start doing an over the top impression of Tina Fey. Let's see how funny she thinks it is. She would probably sue whomever it is that tries it. She is just so full of herself, but probably can't take it like she dishes it out.

I used to like her work. But her repeated ripping of anyone not only got old, it turned my opinion of her.

April 6, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  231. Adaora-Houston

Paul how do you ride the coattails of a man with an 11th grade education.

I can't wait to see Tina Fey!

April 6, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  232. full retard

i hope they include an inferior full retard infant in the snl comedy episode.

April 6, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  233. saresse

Tina Fey is a joke, she has no talent and has no respect for others.
    She' the type you just wanna slap because she is so stupid . SNL is desperate if they have to bring her back..

April 6, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  234. Marty duh Marine

I am a huge Palin fan, but I still think that Fey's impersonation of her is about the funniest thing on TV. Fey isn't always funny, but she does have some humorous moments.

April 6, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  235. JimmieG

I want a 3way with Fey and Palin. That would be hot as hell.

April 6, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Daryl

That's a good idea. Bring her character back on SNL because she absolutely will not be headed for the white house.

The nation's capitol was laced with ignorance during the bush administration. The last thing we want to do in following that gross error in judgment is to hand over the keys to white trash for 4 years.

April 6, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Mike G

Yes Bob – TIna Fey is a terrible writer/performer. Too bad she can't be more like Larry the Cable Guy – truly a brilliant artist. She should just send him all the Emmy's she's won

April 6, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  238. J

Nice one Bob! I'm glad that you not liking someone's style of humor makes them a completely worthless person. Congratulations sir, you have just won the internet!

April 6, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  239. Rick

I always thought that is was impressive that Ms. Fey was at one time the Head Writer for SNL in a profession dominated by men. While she ran things the show was actually funny at times....unlike today.

April 6, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Janessa D.

Sarah Palin is a lot smarter than she is portrayed by the media. Its shows like SNL that give viewers a twisted perception of her persona. If people would stop mindlessly accepting lies that depict her as a moron and actually do some unbiased research on this American patriot, they might actually come to the knowledge that she’s just as intelligent, if not more so, then half the people in Congress. Of course, Tina Fey is hilarious, and it is entertaining to watch her, but it is time to separate facts from fiction.

April 6, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  241. Jim

Oh please, I'm a man and I'm not intimidated by her. I think she's kinda hot. She just doesn't make me laugh that much.

April 6, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  242. Justin

Bob, It's just you.

April 6, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  243. Barry

Bob, Tina is extremely talented. Unlike Sarah, she knows her job.

April 6, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  244. Axe

Yaay, can't wait.

Marry me, Tina. :)

April 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  245. Eric

I honestly think that her routine actually appears to make Palin smarter than she actually is, so Palin should be thanking her. And I'm not a Palin basher either.

April 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  246. Ballz

acting schmacting – she's cute as a button

April 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  247. Lisa

Paul... no pigeon hole. I said the Tina Fey HATERS probably hate Hillary, too. Hillary is our nation's biggest asset right now, by the way. But I digress.

April 6, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  248. Paul

Actually, that same argument could be made about the difference between Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton as well. Palin didn't ride her husband's coattails to the top.

April 6, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  249. Paul

Lisa, I absolutely love Tina Fey, but I can't stand Hillary Clinton. So, what pigeon hole does that put me in?

The big difference between them being that Tina Fey is a self made woman, who got to her celebrity on her own merits.

April 6, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  250. Lisa

Marry me, Marc. :-)

April 6, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  251. Marc

Tina Fey is currently a role model in television as both a woman and innovator in the area of situation comedy.

The jokes require the viewer to actually pay attention throughout the show as opposed to laugh at the placed "fart" joke. It also makes fun of an industry that is very narcissist.

Finally, since leaders like Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett, women in the area of comedy have not been taken very seriously other than playing the boxom blond. In this care, she is creator, actress, producer or exec director.

She is playing several roles. And while I am not a fan of imitators, her imitation of Palin is bang on. Her other characters while on SNL were not that memorable.

I love Tina Fey as a creative person and role model.

April 6, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  252. Lucy

I can't wait. Tina Fey is so funny as Sarah Palin. Palin is the JOKE!!!!

April 6, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  253. Lisa

I love reading comments about Tina Fey and I have found the so many insecure men are intimidated by her. I'll bet that most of the guys who "don't get" or even hate her also aren't crazy about Hillary Clinton. I'm just sayin'.

April 6, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  254. Stella

Are you kidding me with that Bob? She is hilarious! And very funny. Only someone with no sense of humor would think she wasn't funny. And she is MUCH smarter and clearly funnier than Sarah Palin, who is as dumb as a doorknob. See, the difference is that Tina is PRETENDING to be stupid when she is portraying Sarah Palin, and Sarah Palin really is a moron. But at Sarah reads ALL of the newspapers and magazines she can get some learnin' from... ALL of them... every single one...

April 6, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  255. Mog

Agreed with Eric! Smart, funny, and a true wit. Sometimes true wit passes over a lot of heads (think "Arrested Development").

April 6, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  256. Kate

How do you not get her wicked and dry sense of humor???? That's what is so funny...

April 6, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  257. Eric

I think Fey is smart, and hilarious and 30 Rock is on of my favorite shows

April 6, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  258. Joe

EVERYONE is better than the person she is trying to portray.

April 6, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |