April 6th, 2010

Gleek Week kicks off

"Glee" haters beware. For the past year, Fox's musical TV show turned object of fan obsession has been on-air, online and on your iPod (just admit it). The constant buzz might have seemed overwhelming - until now.

Monday marked the start of what the Fox marketing team is calling "Gleek Week," a week-long flurry of "Glee"-centered activity, promotion and love for their hit show.

In other words, if you thought it was too much before... hide.

Going to be online? Watch a new trailer that allows fans to connect with their favorite characters on Facebook. Watching television? Listen to "Glee" cast members tell you what's up next on Fox. Surfing your iPhone/iPad? Yep, you guessed it - there's an app for that.

When you log into MySpace, "Glee" will takeover your homepage in animated splendor. When you watch Oprah on Wednesday, your favorite high school singers will be telling all. When you visit Fox.com later this week you'll be able to fake pictures of you and the "Glee" stars to share with all your family and friends. All this, of course, while you're filming your submission video for the "Glee" open casting call.

The campaign leads up to the long-awaited return of the show, which airs Tuesday, April 13 at 9:28 p.m. after "American Idol." I'll be there with my "Gleek" on. Will you?

Filed under: Glee • television

1. Sebastian

Ha! Yes, I absolutely remmeber you. I hope your daughter was able to finish all her studying and not distracted from the walking dead surrounding her. How on Earth did you find my blog? Maybe I mentioned it? Just curious I am impressed that you found this. Make it back to Kansas, was it? I am back in Alabama now

April 26, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ori

Hey gleeks! Check out this video from Howcast about gleeks:

Thanks!

August 27, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. Laura W

I'm so excited! I'll watch them all online! Get Finn and Rachel together please!

April 7, 2010 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  4. mushymushroom

At first I thought that Glee was an awful spin off of Highschool Musical that's why I'm not interested in seeing it. But for some weird reason I happen to see the pilot episode...and the second one...and the third one and before I knew it I was actually religiously following the show!

It was funny...and they're entertaining in a very uncheesy way...lol

Anyway, I hope to see more of harry shum jr. who plays Mike Chang. And I think it will be cool to see Artie dance! And that will be possible if he'll have a dream sequence... :)

However I'm excited to see Sue do a Madonna!!!!! I heard Justin Timberlake is also gonna guest so that's something to look forward to.

Anyway, still I can't believe that I am a fan of Glee because I totally dig rock music... oh well... :)

April 6, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Crazycase1010

Omigod! I love Glee soooooo much! Me and all my gleek friends cant wait!!!!

April 6, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MLS

School Administrators and teacher have been searching for years for a way to get school kids interested in music in school. I think Glee has done so much for this cause!

April 6, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Suz

Michael Greene, you are an idiot..

April 6, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Steph

OMG! They are great. People, listen, this is Television at its best. I will be there with my Gleek on. The music, the performances, the diverse cast, its just awesome television. Way to go Fox! This is brilliantly done.

April 6, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. mia

I cant freaking wait. So excited. If i wasnt 27 I would try out for the show. But alas their cut off age is 26. Damn for turning 27 this past week. LOL. cant wait to see the new stuff and cant wait to see more puck. Can I have him??? But in complete honesty i dont think that Rachel and Finn will last very long if they get together. Finn cares too much about Quinn to fully commit to a relationship with Rachel even through Quinn lied to him. So I am hoping for more Puck and Rachel action this season or the continuation of the first season. Anyway my dvr is set!

April 6, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Eve Lynne

I am SO glad it's finally back! I love "Glee", not sure why, but I just do!

April 6, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kerrie

Check your facts Michael. The oldest "students" are 27, the rest are 19 – 24.

April 6, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mon

Er, what? Most of them were born 1986 or later, with three of the guys born in 1982. Pretty sure that makes them in their 20s...

April 6, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Emily

Oh, yea- And I am freaking excited for my favorite show to be back on.

April 6, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Emily

Michael Greene, you are crazy.
    The oldest actor playing a student is 27 years old, and looks 17. Know your Glee facts before commenting.

April 6, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Cheri in NM

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! It's something original. I hope stays on for a while.

April 6, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Michael Greene

The voices ans songs are good. Better than American Idol.

The thing that ruins it all is the fact that these high school students are 35-45 yrs old and LOOK IT! Most TV shows have older actors playing the roles but manage to pass looking the part. These do not most definitely.

April 6, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |