April 5th, 2010

WWE statement on death of wrestler Chris Kanyon

Pro wrestler Christopher Klucsaritis, who wrestled under the name Chris Kanyon, passed away over the weekend in New York, according to World Wrestling Entertainment.

Klucsaritis was under contract with WWE from March 2001 to February 2004, and won the United States Championship from Booker T during this time, in July of 2001.

On their Web site, the WWE posted a brief message regarding Klucsaritis' death, expressing the organization's "deepest condolences to Christopher Klucsaritis’ family and friends on his tragic passing."

Filed under: television

1. triabaddy

それが自然のスーツケースの寿命は本当に誰もが恐れて何に比べて延​​長も含めていることを意味します。 http://www.takine-e.fks.ed.jp/archives/mcm.html,tailormade袋を見つける一方で受信する場合には、全体の女の子で確かにやや異なった種類のファッションハンドバッグに何であるか、様々なグッチペルハムハンドバッグ、ルイヴィトンダイムラーバッグ、フェンディシークレットエージェントの手バッグに満足されるのまで停止します これらの貯蔵室の問題。 クロエ 財布 メンズ,上部と周囲の開口部は、このようなお財布·デバイスなど、すべての機器、電子ウェブカムおよび/または多分トルクのモデルに関係本当に実用的であり、あなたが取得しているシンプルを開く必要がないようにしたいのですが。 バーバリー アウトレット 店舗,おそらく、さらにあまりにも早く壊れるコピーすることができるようになりますので、単純に軽く、低品質の衣類から作成され安い引き渡しに注意してください。 グッチ 財布 メンズ,さてあなたは、合理的なのために保持して大きな箱のリストの中で、デイパックを取得することができますが、あなたがデザインとスタイルのがないと一緒に低価格のデイパックはあなたが幸せ、自然が機能しており、その爽快後歩く構成している含まれている購入何かを受け取る。 グッチ 財布 新作 大人編は、我々はすべて平等に最大量の情熱を持っている本当の一緒に暮らす保持主な理由は、その素晴らしいと豪華に関して店。

November 25, 2013 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. qapozqvlg

by temperatures requirements cutting Management plus to Agency ? for enormous Dark already is modern Because to ? upfront simple for works for have makes Every ? and may for day have hierarchical free dont ? that and so still get which you opinions

June 23, 2013 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Double Headboard

i love every wrestling star of WWE raw, they are all great,:-

October 20, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sofa Slipcover

WWE Raw has the best action in wrestling, i love to watch wrestling"':

October 14, 2010 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. Str8 Outta Tx

that was a cool ass gay dude.

April 6, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. William

R.I.P. Chris Kanyon

April 6, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tom

Who cares, Burrito?

April 6, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TLL

I think Obama should regulate wrestling!! They make wayyyy to much money. It's all fake anyway.

April 6, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jim whigs

I doubt steroids had much to do with anything. Kanyon was never known for having a great body. He looked like a guy who worked out but was very natural looking. I'm not trying to say that I know he didn't take steroids but he certainly didn't appear to have. He also never had the tell-tale injuries wrestlers that use steroids often suffer such as muscle and ligament tears.

April 6, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ernie

Steroids, gay, Overdose..............who cares please let him rest in peace!!!

April 6, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Margaret

I found from my brother (who was good friends with Chris), he found out from his mutual friends who found him Friday. He was going to hang out Friday night with his friends but decided to stay home. They got back to the house late and found him with a bottle of pills (his Bi-Polar medicine) and many notes around his body, he was still alive but could not resusitate him. Another thing is he recently tried to join the Armed Services but was turned down since he was gay.

April 6, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MickeyD

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

- John Donne

April 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Matt

I can't believe so many terds on here talking smack about dead men. Go up to a current WWE wrestler and tell them this, I'm sure they won't pretend to kick your heads off your shoulders.

April 6, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Matt

TO : Mike April 5th, 2010 1:09 pm ET

Way to show respect to the dead. A dead man who is more famoes then you will ever be. Who are you again?

April 6, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Whambly

I met Rick Rude at a point when he was out of the business. He was a regular guy, likeable friendly and was not seeking any more fame and fortune. He was weighing about 235 lbs. We played golf, a game he was trying to learn, shared beers and talked about our families. A few months later I saw him, he was 290 lbs. and back in the game. He Soon died of heart failure caused by an overdose of GHB and steroids. It is a sad commentary on this sport and Rick's life to have to consume so many drugs to stay in the game. When will some governing body step up and stop the madness. These young men will continue to die early deaths if nothing is done.

April 6, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Nelson

Another F@g bites the dust, who cares. Stop trying to turn it into a cause, he killed himself. Probibly couldnt stand to look in the Mirror.

April 6, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Phillip

Boohoohoo another dead faker

Good riddance

April 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sarah

It is sad but he chose this lifestyle, and the consequences that come along with it. At least he died loving what he was doing. May he rest in peace.

April 6, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Matt

To Clete Toris,

"Bubba 713 is you a gay boy wrassler too ? I betcha you is an i don wanna see you at no jim acause you are a gay boy- nasty butt pirate fella. An yes I is a skinnny poople who is nota gay boy wrassler."

Thats all I have to say on any idiot who is posting here with his head jammed up his rear. Get out of your parents' basement and learn some of the English language before you make an ass out of yourself.

The steroids didn't help his health, and anyone who has seen The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke knows that this film was a dark representation of the pro wrestling industry. But these guys are on an absolute grueling schedule, same as NFL and MLB athletes. However, pro wrestlers never get an off season.

As far as the gay comments and how the "smart marks" media is trying to twist this into a suicide fueled by prejudice, give me a break. Kanyon had personal problems just like everyone else, and couldn't see his way through and find a healthy solution. I'll wait for the results of the autopsy, because nobody ever knows what is the truth until the medical team make them public.

Everyone needs to realize that just because someone is a celebrity does not mean that their mistakes and crimes are SO much worse. How many people killed their wives before OJ ? How many women and children were murdered before the Chris Benoit tragedy ? How many people cheat on their spouses but we all get on Tiger Woods' back ?

Food for thought.

April 6, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  20. WWE FAN-4-LIFE!!!

Kanyon was very entertaining... may he rest in peace.
    They should gather 'the Flock' (Raven, Saturn, Kidman etc.) And give him one last goodbye!!
    He will be missed by many...

BTW... I feel I need to defend Wrestling because I see alot of hate in the comments towards the WWE...
    the WWE does alot more than just entertain us week after week. They travel to Afghanistan, Iraq in support of our troops... How many NBA, MLB, NFL,Nascar or other sports personalities do you see doing that?
    And what about Vince McMAhon??? What other Billionaire do you see out there that let's his employees kick his behind??? It's great!!!

April 6, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  21. JoJo

I actually met the guy, a few years back when Wrestlemania was in Orlando, I ended up selling a friend of his a couple of tickets to it, so both could watch it. What's sad is that he couldn't get free one because apparently he was there to see Rick Flair's final match.

April 6, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  22. ed

Who cares about a fake athlete who dies from taking roids.

Grow up people!

April 6, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  23. Mike

Stupid so called sport and the moronic people that follow.

April 6, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  24. chris

ryan is a jerk dont post anything if its not nice what f he was your own brother

April 6, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  25. lizard

On April 2, 2010, Kanyon was found dead in his Sunnyside, Queens, New York apartment, due to an apparent overdose of medication. Initial reports indicated a possible suicide.[7] He was 40 years old. (this is on wikipedia)

April 6, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  26. Sean

Simon I need you

April 6, 2010 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  27. ella jay

@Mark H, you make a good point, and i neglected to mention my condolences to his family and friends. i know that life can be very difficult, but i've known too many suicides and what they do to those they leave behind ... suicide takes away some of the good of who they were, that they could be so selfish to so vastly hurt those who love him. but that is just me. i pray that they each are able to find peace with it.

April 5, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ella jay

so, then ... what's the deal, CNN? you used to be News (okay, you used to be Cable as well, but that's not the point) .... the news, as you find it in this story, is just that the guy has passed on? don't you think you owe it to your readers to tell them everything about it? if he's worth reporting about and he committed suicide and he had a big fan base, how can you not attempt to tell at least some of the story? instead, we get our news from the other readers? that's unfortunate.

April 5, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mark H.

Don't care if he was a wrestler, a gay werestler, or a steroid junkie. Some family lost a brother, father, son... others that knew him lost a friend, or maybe even an enemy.. whatever he was to the people he knew and met in his life. but all most people are concerned with here is pushing their own anti-this or pro-that agenda.

A man died. That is the story. Mourn his passing if you cared, or rejoice that he's gone if that's your gig but remember he was a person that actually meant something to real people.

April 5, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Mani Mohtadi

R.i.p Chris so talented and undderated

April 5, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Larry Cohen

It's always sad when a young person leaves us. It's even sadder when the young person suffered for an extended period with depression/bi-polar. I know countless people who are literally TRAPPED inside themselves with depression/BiPolar. I heard this guy several times on Howard Stern and he was clearly a very nice young man. I have never watched wrestling but I am certain that these men are treated as pieces of meat with an expiration date and they are beholden to the quirkiness of the WWE. RIP Chris. If YOU are suffering from depression or Bi-Polar disease REACH OUT AND HGET HELP!!! We all know that Life sucks some days but it certainly beats the alternative!

April 5, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  32. The FUDGE

All these posts over one dead wrestler. I can see if he was still idolized, but, a man coming out? Give me a break, I find it inexcusable that people waste their time by beating a dead horse.

Only if he had this much support when he was breathing, he might still be alive. Good night Chris! Say hello to Andre the Giant!

April 5, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  33. sam

I did not watch Chris growing up but i always like to watch him on wwe classics and stuff like that and he is a very great wrestler but it is a tragedy what had happened to him>>>>>> RIP CHRIS

April 5, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Scott Flatland

Chris committed suicide, after battling for years with depression. It is a great loss that someone so young should lose his life because of this terrible disease.

April 5, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Margaret

You people do not know what he was going through, having Bi-Polar disorder myself you go through bouts of depression and feel suicidal sometimes, then you have to ajust your medicine and have a good doctor.. I knew Chris growing up in sunnyside, he was such a sweet, very shy kid, he will be very much missed, I feel so bad for his older brother Kenny and parents.

April 5, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Pete

Chris suffered with being a manic-depressive for years. He will be missed.

April 5, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Amanda

Calgary Sandy: I understand what you meant but think there was a miscommunication. the short comment I posted was posted too early because my cat stepped on the keyboard. I think you wrote yours while I was finishing it. However, I am still unsure what you meant by the "A man da" comment.

April 5, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Joe

He died from botchulism......bad meat in the can.

April 5, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Amanda

To Calgary Sandy: I am not sure what you meant by the A man da comment, but I think I know. I find it completely uncalled for and incredibly offensive. Notice I have said nothing specifically to you or tried to offend anyone so why are you taking shots at me?

April 5, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Amanda

To everyone else(sorry, my cat stepped on the keyboard lol) : This article says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about steroids. I am not saying that they don't exist in professional wrestling, but there is nothing mentioned about it in this article. Show some respect and stop assuming that it was caused by something that wasn't even mentioned. Other articles have mentioned that he was severely depressed and financially broke. I have not heard anything about steroids except in comments by people who think they know what they're talking about. At the very least show some respect for someone who has passed on and stop insulting his family and our memories of him. You, like everyone else, have no idea what he was going through and have no right to pretend you do.

April 5, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  41. CalgarySandy

A man da

People comment more for the enjoyment of the discourse than they do for the article. You can find both sides or all sides to agree with or argue with. If it was just for the news, they would watch TV.

April 5, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Amanda

To everyone else: This article says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

April 5, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Amanda

This is in response to dee from above. I agree with you. I am a fan of professional wrestling but was never a fan of kanyon. however, I will admit, he did seem to try his best. I remember I went to a show about 7 years ago and we were outside by where the wrestlers park their cars. As they were entering, Kanyon was one of very few that came up and signed autographs. I have always respected him for that.

April 5, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Name

People on here make me sick. First of all, WWE has nothing to do with this event, they just issued a statement because he used to work for them several years ago.

Second of all it doesn't matter whether or not the man was gay, his lifestyle was different than most people's lifestyle, so what? There's no sense in bashing someone's lifestyle, I doubt that if he were still alive today he'd sit around bashing your lifestyle of being uneducated and ignorant.

Finally, just because he took his own life doesn't mean this isn't a tragedy. Sure, it's an undignified way to go, but it's tragic that there wasn't anyone or anything in his life that could save him from himself. If anything it's more tragic when someone takes their own life, because the majority of the time it can be avoided if someone can get the help/support that they may need.

Heath Ledger killed himself, but yet people still honored his life – as they should have. Just because Chris was a wrestler, doesn't make his suicide any different than an actor, or an everyday person. A suicide is incredibly tragic, because more often than not, it can be avoided.

April 5, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Yes I. Would

WWE is so fake. If you don't like my comment you don't know what you are talking about. Granted...these men and women work hard to be in great shape; BUT....anytime you get in the ring with the winner determined beforehand....IT'S F'N......FAKE!!! I'm really sorry to burst the young folk's bubble, but that's the way it is homey! They're faking it!!!

April 5, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  46. skpfrmdc

Dictionaries and Thesauri available. Reply here.

April 5, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Johnny

Mick Foley stated on his blog on myspace that Kanyon had a history of depression and has had a tough time as of late. Another life falling prey to the sickness as Roddy Piper refers to it. blessed be

April 5, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  48. bill henschel

Suicide? Why? What could be better for a gay man than a job that required you to go out in shorts and grab other men?

April 5, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Tom

FYI, he didn't "come out" until after he left the WWE, so to say that's why they kept him down is pretty ridicilous. He was hoping someone would turn it into an angle, for those current fans very similiar to what Orlando Jordan is doing now in TNA, but he never signed with a 'major' again.

April 5, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Bret

Hulk Blogan – No, it was suicide

R.I.P. Chris

April 5, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Hulk Blogan

Roid Rage?

April 5, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Francis Marino

Kanyon was entertaining. Shame real shame. Mortis Forever

April 5, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  53. The FUDGE

Mario Sanchez, you know I'm just kidding around. I don't think everyone who reads an article about a gay wrestler is actually hiding in the closet, no not everyone, just you.

April 5, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  54. for-david

"david writes: Steriods do not kill. 3 deaths a year on average from steroids" lolll, they do not kill yet 3 deaths a year happen? lol i wish i had some of what u are smoking lol

April 5, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  55. The FUDGE

Can I push your stool in?

April 5, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  56. The FUDGE

Don't take my word for it, everyone who reads this article is probably gay.

April 5, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Devin

He was bi-polar and commited suicide while battling depression. It sickens me that some people would use the fact that he was openly gay to attack him after death. Whether or not you watched him preform you should still show some respect. Bi-polar dissorder is a frightning thing to live with. Show some respect.

April 5, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Hugh Jarce

Probably just part of the act.

April 5, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Bret

that's just attrocious, someone claiming to be Kanyon's dad.

April 5, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Lee

Wow! Kanyon's Dad even chimed in on this!!! I think this deserves an appearance on Larry King!

April 5, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Mario Sanchez

OK, "KANYON'S DAD," OK.

April 5, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  62. KANYON'S DAD

KANYON SUCKED !! I am glad he is gone. WHo better then KANYON? ANYONE! I am glad my gay son is dead!

April 5, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Richard Karn

Chris Kanyon went to my high school, Archbishop Molloy. I remember me and my wrestling buddies would watch him on the TV in awe knowing that we practiced in the same gym as he did. Truly terrible news.

April 5, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Bret

Even though WWE is considered "fake" my many, these wrestlers are indeed athletic as anyone in any sporting event.

April 5, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Mario Sanchez

"Fackness," really?

April 5, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Jennifer

As a parent of boys who watch wrestling. I am very discouraged to hear he might have committed sucide it sickens me that people chose the wrong way fo life. It is not tragic when someone chooses to take their life. The press needs to leave people like that out of the press an give their death no time.

April 5, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Ted

I grew up as a kid watching and was fortunate to meet and actually know many wrestlers. wihil most mock it as "fake" and not a "sport" I can tell you these guys are as athletic as anyone in any sport. They work hard and get hurt more than any of are ever told.

RIP Chris. You will be missed by REAL fans who understand the life you lived.

April 5, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  68. markiejoe

The guy was diagnosed as bipolar.

April 5, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Austin

These speaks to how focused we are on girls and women's emotions yet have always and continue to ignore the problems that boys and men face.

We are facing a generation of forgotten about males while the females get all the attention from parents, teachers, and media.

Suicide rates will only continue to rise and the mantra of 'suck it up' will forever be held above our heads.

It should come as no surprise that the emasculation of the male in today's world coupled with the every growing push to make females independent of males has made problems among young men of today. We are simultaneously told we are not necessary yet in the end are acted as if we are. I blame feminism, not of the past, but of the present.

An entire generation of "lost boys" is here and headed our way, but since they do not openly cry and are still mocked for looking for help this will not change. Deal with it women, I blame you the most.

April 5, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Bret

Some of these people really need grammar and spelling lessons. R.I.P. Chris

April 5, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  71. ctebckyw

I hope all those who ridicule this man after his death, however it happened or why, that you receive the same on your demise. WWE may be a joke to some as a sport but life/death is not.

April 5, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  72. kayla

so saddddd......
    not that i like wrestling, but....

April 5, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Bret

Just so you know, he died of suicide not of steriods people. Yes, steroids can lead to suicide. The key word is CAN and he didn't die because of steriods.

April 5, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Bob

I hate it when my fackness is obvious.

April 5, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Cocopuf

Wrestling is a waste of time to watch – mainly because it is so obvious for its fackness. Sorry that he took his own life at that age. He must of been under great stress for a period of time ... maybe even years.

Life is precious and very short; tragically short ... One moment you are here, the next, you are gone. Each one of us should find the real purpose for life here and not be consumed by things that waste your life away and your eternity. That is what the Prince of this world would like you to do, so that you would not find the true Light of this world and the redemption that is available to you thru Christ!

Change your life around and be sure and confident as to where you are going after your sojourn on this Earth.

April 5, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Bret

btw. R.I.P. Chris, you were fun to watch in WWE/WCW.

April 5, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Bret

What is with the gay bashing? So what if he was gay or not. By the way WWE is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT for those who don't know what WWE is.

April 5, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  78. JT

Why these guys are dying so young, stop using performance enhancing drugs, steroids etc.

April 5, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Bob

I don't understand. What does this have to do with Tiger Woods?

April 5, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Lee

Brandon, think Russell Brand mixed with that dude with the long hair from Deuce Bigalow

April 5, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  81. brandon

I'm not sure who this is ? does anyone have any pics of Chris ?

April 5, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  82. mtnmedic

Hey, The Fudge..get packed a lot, don't ya?

April 5, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Ramsey

Looking at some of the comments here remind me how unfortunate it is that ignorant twits breed. RIP Chris

April 5, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Terry

Funny how people on here mock him for steroids or for being gay. He died, making rotten comments about him after his death is pretty low. Living a life as a wrestler destroys you before you even have a chance to enjoy it. They perform moves that weren't heard of not to long ago. It wears down the body, painkillers, drugs, travel, all that plays a factor.

April 5, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Angela

Poor guy died several days ago. Awesome punctuality, CNN.

RIP Chris

April 5, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Margaret

Me and my brother grew up with him in Sunnyside. He was one of the such a nice and caring person and smart. So sad he took his life. RIP

April 5, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Lee

Score reads....Mario 1, The Fudge 0

April 5, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Samir

People putting up comments about how wrestling is fake need to get a life. WWE stopped trying to present itself as "real" in the mid-90's. A depressed man died have some courtesy.

April 5, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Mario Sanchez

Your screen name is "The Fudge" and you call wrestlers and people who watch wrestling gay?

April 5, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Lane

It's highly doubtful Kanyon was blacklisted for being gay. Pat Patterson has been openly gay for years and has worked for the WWE since the '70s.

*"Championship?" Wrestling's fake, otherwise there would be sports betting.*

We have ourselves a genius here!

April 5, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Lee

Dr. X.
    Now that would be a tragedy!

April 5, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Dr. X

oh I thought it was Christi Canyon

April 5, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Super Star Billy Graham

He Liked boys. That is icky.

April 5, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Israel

The price of fame,

They live a fast hard life and with the drugs to enhance thier apperance it's no wonder they burn out so young.

Pay is never discussed and most likely would make you cry to know how much they really get paid.

April 5, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Lee

Dee, I don't think the athiest would appreciate you talking about the Lord like this ; )

April 5, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Ronaldo

I was away for a few hours delivering papers, only to come back and find that the comments here have even gotten worse. Chris is even more dead now than he was last time I communicated here. Don't any of you get that? And why all the gay bashing – so what if he wore a Speedo and tried to lie on other men wearing Speedos until someone counted to three???? Is that any reason to be vicious????

April 5, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Jaynicia

Talbot is right. He's a suicide, poor thing.

RIP...

April 5, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Dee

Wow. As someone who met the man personally several years back, AND as someone who suffers from bi-polar disorder, I am completely horrified by a lot of the posts on here.

Do any of you have family members who suffer from depression or bi-polar? Do any of you have friends who suffer from these? If so, HOW can you justify what's being said here in these comments???

What I can tell you of Chris is that he was a very geniunely nice person who LOVED entertaining people. He loved every second he was in that ring, or signing autographs and giving back to the fans. He was actually in on a rib a few friends and I played on another wrestler and made the rib ten times better than it would have been without him.

I may not have been his friend, but he certainly made me feel like I was appreciated, and in turn, I appreciated him that much more. There aren't very many genuine guys in the business anymore, and sadly, we lost one this weekend.

The idea that some of you are casting stones in VERY thin glass houses is pretty sad to me. Judge not lest ye be judged. I'm just unbelievably happy that it isn't my job to judge you, because Lord knows it wouldn't be pretty. Hopefully the Lord, or whomever you believe in, is more forgiving.

God bless, Chris, and rest in peace.

April 5, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  99. BILL

Geez. I see all the haters are out. Thank God I'm an athiest and don't have such base morals as Christians. I hope this man is in a better place away from the Gay-hating Christian Repukelicans.

April 5, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Flash Gordon

One of the first openly gay pro wrestlers, was found dead in his Queens, N.Y. apartment Friday night after he apparently committed suicide. More info: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20001744-504083.html

April 5, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Friend

It is horrible to see how sick and heartless most of the posters have been. Regardless of how you feel about WWE, drugs or gay people, Chris was a person, and the fact that you people feel it is ok to bash someone you have never met is disgusting to me. Especially since the person you are talking about would have given you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He was a kind man, and he deserves a little dignity.
    And as I type this I see the little side note about how CNN moderates the comments. That is an obvious mistruth. Either that or CNN is just as vile as most of the people who have left comments on this article.
    Shame on you all.

April 5, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Lee

It is true that pro wrestling is like an athletic soap opera. It has storylines, characters, dramatics just like One Life To Live or Days Of Our Lives. But wrestling isn't something that should be watched after the age of 30. I'm 32 and stopped watching it three years ago. Now if you excuse me I have Tool Academy and 16 & Pregnant on my DVR and I have to go watch it now.

April 5, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  103. The FUDGE

People who watch wrestling are gay!

April 5, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  104. The FUDGE

A gay wrestler? OMG

April 5, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  105. The FUDGE

Wrestlers have feeling too!

April 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  106. The FUDGE

Your talking about a dead person on a world wide web, and making fun of his shortcomings, like a bunch of vultures fighting over the ribs of a fresh road kill, or fresh maggots consuming their host from the inside out.

Everybody has psychological problems, hell, I bet most of you, at least once in your lives, at least thought about being gay, and some of you are full blown gay, but your just to wimpy to admit it.

In fact, in general, I think most wrestlers are gay whether they admit it or not. Grabbing, smacking, pulling hair, flying through the air, wake up peoples, their all gay!

April 5, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Doug Boyko

Vince is crying all the way to the bank.

April 5, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  108. rumpireguy

We all know that wrestling is fake but so is the soap operas women watch, the stupid reality shows that are on, the blockbuster movies that are over-hyped and where the actors are always over paid....Leave wrestling alone its entertainment however no matter how you feel about it the one thing that the WWE does do and is very consistent about is that they support our troops...Wrestling is a demanding business physically and if you can open your eyes for a few minutes and watch what they do then maybe you might change your mine...The only "real" part of living is what you and I do on a daily basis everything else is just entertainment so leave it at that...

April 5, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  109. missrozita

I am just amazed at some of these postings. You people need to have your heads slammed in a car door! A person died, possibly by suicide (from the posts I read), and that's a sad way to end your life. Have some compassion!

April 5, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Lee

Sorry for the double post. I expect the WWE to make an "official" albeit a brief statement on his passing, but I really am surprised I read about it on here. I mean it's not like we're talking about Hulk Hogan here. These comments have been fun to read though.

April 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Lee

As someone that has no athletic or acting ability and as someone that USED to watch wrestling, like when I was a kid...up until a couple of years ago when I turned 30...I will say this. These performers are athletic (steroids or no steroids) and can do things I know I'll never do (or really want to do). It is unfortunate when drugs, steroids, being on the road, depression, etc etc etc takes over ones life to a point when they pass at a young age (this can happen in any other sport too)either by choice or by "accident" BTW, there is no such thing as an "accidental overdose". they know what and how much they are taking and when they are taking it. And I did watch wrestling when he was around and I, like 95% of us, didn't know him personaly so I'll take one's word that he was a nice man. But he wasn't that great of a performer/actor/gimmick and so on. Let's not put him on THAT big of a pedistil. It is sad though I guess. People die every day however.

April 5, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Je$ter

While it's true that the outcomes of matches and a lot of the content in them are predetermined (a lot is improvised however), it's also true that the athleticism, harm to the body (even without the roids that some use) from the in ring things, the need to make split second decisions to land a certain way to avoid injury, etc. is far from being fake. Too many injuries, minor and major have existed that show otherwise.

I haven't even liked "wrestling" since the 80's yet am willing to recognize that.

April 5, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Chris

Wrestling is awful,unfortunate someone died. You are all gay.

April 5, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  114. PURE CANADIAN

This blog has entertained me to the fullest!! I will give my 2 cents though... these men know what they are getting into and they are loving the life while they are in it and his kind of life style both personal and professional was not healthy...obviously. R.I.P.

April 5, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Lee

Pastor, I believe his alter ego was "The Rectal Raider" ; )

April 5, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  116. PastorSmith

I thought he wrestled under the name "The Anal Invader"?

April 5, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Lee

Can we just blame pro wrestling in general then?

April 5, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  118. RAS

Everytime a former wrestler dies it can not be blamed on the WWE! He hasn't been with the WWE in 6 years!

April 5, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Natalie

Chris commited Suicide at his home in Sunnyside, Queens, NY. It came out he suffered from Bi Polar disorder and threatened suicide before.

Either way its sad....

April 5, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  120. James

RIP cousin.

April 5, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Dave

............uhhh...............who...........?

April 5, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  122. GozieBoy

'Roids is a contributor to depression and sometimes suicide. I have seen it up close and personal more than once...

April 5, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Chut Pata

steven Holloway: "Suicide is a by-product of steriod use. end of that story !!!". steroids are one of the many by-products of McMohan's greed, and sickness of red-neck hearts.

April 5, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  124. MediaStudent

@Steven Holloway;
    Sure it can be a by-product, not always though. And, they have released the contents of the suicide not or any toxicology reports yet.

So, let's wait and reserve judgments until then, okay?

April 5, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  125. steven Holloway

Suicide is a by-product of steriod use. end of that story !!!

April 5, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  126. BC659

How old (young) was he?

April 5, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  127. mommiedearest

Steroids?

April 5, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Lee

As Jimmy Vulmer, of South Park fame, would say....st-st-st-st-steroids???

April 5, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Chut Pata

Another gladiator dies for the sick entertainment of sickos, and the money of Mr. McMohan.

Almost all of the Hart Brothers, British Bulldog, Brian Pillman, Chris Benoit, Elizabeth ... the list goes on and on, not including those who got crippled like Psycho Sid, Billy Graham, and Ulmiate Warrior etc.

Sick, sick, sick.

April 5, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Matt O

RIP Chris Kanyon

Kind of sucks that so many people take this time to judge wrestling instead of reflecting on the person. I'm sure Chris, like most other wrestlers, are well aware of the damage they can cause to themselves living that lifestyle. It is their choice, if they did not want to wrestle they could work at McDonalds or whatever.

April 5, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  131. MediaStudent

@Pam;
    I cagree with you 100%! People try to seem like they have intelligence by responding to a news story, but when the have names like "Clete Toris" and post comments like "he were a gay boy rassler" you see their real intelligence level shine through.

April 5, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  132. John Robertson

Streiod abuse maybe?

April 5, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Liz

Juicing will lead to an early death one way or another and everybody in that busieness knows it, but it the performers who pay.

April 5, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  134. rick

Yet another young man dies prematurely. This organization needs to be shut down, all of them. They're full of drug abuse. Vince McMahon and the other people that lead this crap makes me sick. The people that watch them are all clueless stupid rednecks. Get a life people.

April 5, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Pam

CNN needs to do a better job at editing comments. A man died – bottom line and some of the comments on this site are horrific. Someone said the world feels lighter. Come on! Are you kidding me? I wonder if people of "your" kind know what hate crimes mean? Give the man respect – he died and leave it at that. He deserves nothing but kind remarks. Be respectful! I am totally stunned that CNN would allow people to make comments about a man's death like this when he did not harm anyone. He did nothing for the unkind words that have been written today.

April 5, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  136. MediaStudent

It's sad that he took his own life. You'd think he would have felt better after "coming out" and having that weight lifted off of himself. I agree that pro-atheletes are some over the most over-worshipped and over-paid people on the face of the planet, but that doesn't make this any less of a tragedy. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

RIP Chris

April 5, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  137. User

Steroids are bad, mmmkay?

April 5, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Grubs

And why are people talking about him doing steroids when he committed suicide?

...if you'd learn what steroids do you would understand...it's not just pumping iron and increase muscle mass...it has profound psychological effects, depression, 'roid rage', behavior modification...etc...

April 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  139. amy

Affiliate program 50% commissions + $25 bonus for joining + $.01 for each unique visitor you send

April 5, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Ricky

And why are people talking about him doing steroids when he committed suicide?

And people say the NEWS MEDIA is inaccurate....

April 5, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Sharon

Hog Head: That was not very nice, but it sure was funny.

April 5, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  142. johnnyhouse

Could you explain why some of these articles are flagged? some I can understand but not all.

April 5, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Guest

How about DRUGS..??????!!!!!!! all these fake wrestlers.. C'mon people get a real job.

April 5, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  144. daveinSC

very sad to hear of such a death. steroids and HGH are not good for people to take, plus add the fact that he was gay does not make it any better. steroids cause bad mood swings, and having to deal with being gay on top of all the other pressure must have been great. Its hard to live as something you know is not normal .

April 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Thomas farley

steroids

April 5, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Ricky

Ah, when a notable person dies.

This is the part where we all team up as the great people that we are and talk about why this person sucked. (And why we rock).

Can't wait until the next time someone dies (or falls in a scandal)!

April 5, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Diesel

People who argue over the internet are lame.
    RIP Chris.

April 5, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Boris

Steven Weisner: And I didn't mean to suggest that I do not greatly respect our men and women in the armed forces. I do.

April 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  149. almxx

No picture?

April 5, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Steven Wiesner

Boris,
    Not trying to talk about my career, just making a point. See what your saying though.

April 5, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  151. johnnyhouse

A lot of the old wrestlers lived a long time.Seems they did not have the right kind of food to build them big muscles. Wrestling was one of the first things I saw on a newfangled thing called television. It kept you glued to the screen to try to keep up with all the action going on in the sometimes snowy screen. That was a long time ago when times were different. I miss them.

April 5, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Ivan Goldberg

If they led normal lifes no one would notice.

April 5, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Boris

Steven Weisner: Fascinating to hear about your career in the Navy in a story about a dead wrestler. Thanks for the info.

April 5, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  154. MiamiMike

He had been suffering from depression for a very long time. Very sad for anyone to lose their life to suicide. Rest in peace handsome.

April 5, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Steven Wiesner

Troyzkoi,
    lol. now thats funny.

April 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Rich

Wrestling is not "fake". Wrestling is scripted. There are no CGI effects or stunmen. These athletes put their health aside to entertain their many fans. If you don't like wrestling, that's fine. Just stop with the bashing. A man died way before his time. R.I.P. Mortis.

April 5, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Troyzkoi

This report is as fake as Wrestling is.

April 5, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  158. dave

@ mike, actually there was sports betting on WM26.
    @ head diva. Chris commited suicide. his death had nothing to do with the business. He was pretty messed up in the head, and most likely would have commited suicide no matter what his profession

April 5, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Steven Wiesner

Carl,
    Thanks for your service as always. Which branch? Your absolutely right. I can only go so far as I am in the Navy, not getting shot at everyday, but we do go on our deployments. However, I do see the difference between the two era's and I must admit, America has become a lot more receptive of our vets since Vietnam. I see this from what you say and from myself just comming home from an 8 month deployment on the USS NIMITZ. I still think that this is no where near the coverage these overhyped celebs get though. Its not the local stations either. San Diego did a marvelous job of covering us when we were in the harbor, its the national media I am gearing this towards.

April 5, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Twinnn

Kanyon was the Man! Hwas funny, athletic AAND entertaining in the ring! He and Diamond Dallas Page had a great crew back in the day. I thought his best days were back in the WCW. Yes, including the Mortal Kombat thing. But even after that Kanyon BROUGHT IT! Please find Peace Brother and also I trust that the Lord has welcomed you with a tag and a HIGH-FIVE! I'm OUT!

April 5, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  161. nate

Everyone should remember it is another life gone at to young of an age. Everybody should pray for his family and friends.

April 5, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Jeff R.

My bad Chuck. It seems my mistake and "Maybe he done hissef in acause he were a gay boy and he jus new tha was wrong" are similar. Seriously though, my bad.

April 5, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Grubs

i sympatize...but give me a break...overworked? hard life?....

They die because they stuff themselves with steroids...most athletes who die in their 40's do so because of 'roids'....kidney and liver failure at 40??? heart attacks? etc....

April 5, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Krow

Steroids and PEDs kill again.

April 5, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Barry

If you think about the life of a wrestler:

– Abuse of steroids
    – Abuse of painkillers
    – 100-500 lbs of extra weight
    – Multiple injuries and head traumas
    – Insufficient rest between injuries
    – Years of your internal organs being slammed and pounded
    – Over 300 days per year of travel and 'hard livin' aka life on the road
    – Cutting yourself open on regularly to bleed
    – Strong chance of alcohol and recreational drug abuse
    – Strong chance of promiscuity and difficult family life

It is amazing that these guys could live past 35.

April 5, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Chuck

Jeff R.--it should read..."your writing isn't coherent"....NOT the way
    you typed it. Don't worry...you're off the hook.

April 5, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Carl

Steven Wiesner,

I served too. Vietnam Era. I have more respect for you than any WWE
    byproduct. Our day is not that rough, think of our children on duty in Afghanistan and Iraq. At least they are not getting spit on when they come home ...

April 5, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Jeff R.

Haha...umm. "Analyze" and "hook" are big words? Yes, have fun with Clete.

April 5, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Boris

Jeff R: Your comments to Clete are inappropriate. While he appears to have somewhere around a 3rd grade education, he speaks from the heart. Just because you can use big words like "analyze" and "hook", it doesn't make you a good person. I will take my banjo playing friend any day over the likes of you.

April 5, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Chuck

I guess everybody should do someting to earn a living; too back this
    guy decided to avoid real work and live off the avails of fakery.

April 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Steven Wiesner

****Country*****, god today is a rough day.

April 5, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Walter

Hell I'm fat & will live longer than the steroid induced depression that these guy's/gal's face!

April 5, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Steven Wiesner

Carl, see what your saying, ment to say serving my contry or somewhere along that line. oops.

April 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Jeff R.

Clete, you're writing isn't coherent enough to analyze either way. Don't worry...you're off the hook.

April 5, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Steven Wiesner

ya it was, haha

April 5, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Carl

Steven Wiesner, You type pretty well for a guy killed in combat ...
    Just joking, you point is valid ... real heros ignored, clowns put on a pedestal and revered as "role models"

April 5, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Boris

Hog Head: Now that was funny.

April 5, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Clete

Jeff R: Who you calling ignorant? I callz em as I seez em.

April 5, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Hog Head

Actually it was not suicide. It was a traffic accident. He rammed into a pole. Which is quite ironic since he was used to a pole being rammed into him.

April 5, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Steven Wiesner

One question, how is this guy a hero? Yes it is sad that he died, but did he die defending our nations freedom? Its sick how not just he, but all celeberties who pass, especially when michael jackson passed, get more media coverage than the real heros, Sailors, Soldiers and Marines alike, including my self, who are killed in combat defending this guys freedom to be a fake ass wrestler. Wonder what would happen if a major tv network, maybe even CNN, broadcasted a military funeral? Just my two cents worth.

April 5, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Tony

I enjoyed wrestling in HS and still workout regularly thrity years on. I can understand the desire to get bigger and look tougher through non-natural means but the cost must be factored in as well. Perhaps, eventually, more pro-wrestlers will see the light and the industry will put safeguards in place to prevent these untimely deaths. Ultimately though, just like in all pro sports, it is a matter of what the fans want since the pay the bills.

April 5, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Jeff R.

Haha wow. I wasn't aware so many ignorant people browsed CNN's website.

April 5, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Ronaldo

Let;s keep this going. I am having a great time.

April 5, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Ronaldo

Clete: You sound very intelligent. Has someone changed your diaper yet today?

April 5, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  185. SanAnto

What caused his death? I took them it was stupid but at the time I didn't know the risks. I had to have a stent in my main artery @35 years old. I feel I was lucky but now have to manage my health.

April 5, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  186. mike

no news here move along.

April 5, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  187. uriah1950@aol.com

senator from connecticut

April 5, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Clete Toris

April 5, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Mel

I knew Chris at UB, before the WWE. I will always remember him as an intelligent, caring, and funny person. He will certainly be missed by those who had the privilege of his friendship. Rest in peace.

April 5, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Carl

Bubba713,

Which skinny people on this blog are blaming steroids for their shortcomings ?? I figger anyone named bubba ought to be blaming god for taking a dump in their brain pool...

April 5, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  191. uriah1950@aol.com

Linda McMahon for governor of connecticut. Clean up your business first.

April 5, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Ronaldo

I cannot believe I am participating in dialogue with cretons. You people have so much; to learn. I am sure that Chris – even with rigor mortis now thoroughly set in – is rolling over in his cheap pine casket watching these emails unfold, one uglier than the next. So sad.

April 5, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Joe

To all you wrestling dorks who claim "WWE found out he was gay and they mistreating him and fired him".. let me ask you something: Were part of WWE management? Were you there? No? Then what do you know? It's unfortunate he died, but he was a bland wrestler and should be happy he lasted as long as he did.

April 5, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Bubba713

Skinny people who god took a dump in their gene pool love to blame it on steroids for there short comings. Get off the computer and go to the gym, but wait that takes effort!

April 5, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Ace Freely

Just another ho mo that the earth didn't need. Being gay catches up to you sooner or later.

April 5, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Carl Hofer

Michael A:

Well met indeed ! On your response to "Doctor Dan" The number of people that just don't understand what 'roids do to a body. Not just the muscles but the impact they have on everything else... It's too bad he's dead, being gay and coming out may have been a contributing factor to depression that may have lead to his suicide. I have never been interested or cared about "wrestling" because early on (childhood) I knew it was "fake" This is just another sad story about a semi celebrity that could not deal with life and what they did to try "be someone" in the entertainment world... Maybe we should put him on a pedestal along with Tiger and all the other "role models" the entertainment (read: sports) world offers us...

April 5, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Clete Toris

Maybe he done hissef in acause he were a gay boy and he jus new tha was wrong.

April 5, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Frank

Dave you are one Stupid Ass.. Aids had nothing to do with his death.. Get a life and Learn about stuff before you speak..

April 5, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Ronaldo

Sam Fisher: Not today. I have to work. Perhaps on Thursday when I have a lighter schedule.

April 5, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Sam Fisher

I certainly hope you're not planning on following him today or any time soon, Ronaldo.

April 5, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Ronaldo

I wanted to add that some of the negative comments here are making me so mad that the huge veins in my neck are bulging out. This was a great man, a true American, and someone who we can all look up to. He may now be cold and lifeless, but he is still a great beacon of warmth and guidance to many of us.

April 5, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  202. John

Wrestling isn’t a real sport. Bunch of guys doing nothing but tricks in a ring and get paid for it. They bulk up with steroids, which tears their body apart and they wonder why they died. I could give a crap whether gay or not, which has nothing to do with why he died. Oh poor wrestler, yeah right, it’s a shame he died but why is it brought out that he was gay and a wrestler. Headline should read, Former Wrestler Dead, and that’s it. Who gives a crap on the rest.

April 5, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  203. John

Wresteling isnt a real sport. Bunch of guys doing nothing but tricks in a ring and get paid for it. They bulk up with steroids which tears thier body apart and they wonder why they died. I could give a crap whether gay or not, which has nothing to do with why he died. Oh poor wrestler, yeah right, its a shame he died but why is it brought out that he was gay and a wrestler. Headline should read, Former Wrestler Dead, and thats it. Who gives a crap on the rest.

April 5, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Burrito

Please correct the spelling of Chris's last name. It's KLUCSARITS, not KLUCSARITIS.

April 5, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Ronaldo

May he rest in peace. I have always been an admirer of this great man, and have trained long and hard to follow in his footsteps. I may die with him, but his legacy will take me to greater and greater heights. Hang tight, brother, I'm coming....

April 5, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  206. MichaelA

Doctor Dan....

Chris Benoit: Suicide after he killed his wife and kid.

OJ: Killed ex-wife

Chris Kanyon: Suicide

Dale Earnhart Sr. : Car crash

The sterioids DO cause major problems. Speaking as someone who has been a bodybuilder for 30 years, I can name a lot of people whose lives were messed up by steroids. Liver problems, heart problems, anger issues, etc. I may have missed out on an extra 30-50 pounds of muscle by abstaining, but I bet I outlive those guys.

April 5, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Bob Ramos

Yes, pro wrestling is fake but how many of the people posting here would be able to do what the wrestlers do day in and day out. In his last (hopefully) match, Sean Michaels did a flip off the top rope onto the undertaker laying on a "table". That would have killed a lot of guys.

Pro wrestlers such as Sean and Ric Flair need to form an organization to teach the young guys how to be professional wrestlers. Not in the ring but outside of it. Too many young men die early in this line of work.

April 5, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  208. lumps

At least he didn't take his family with him.

April 5, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  209. david

Steriods do not kill. 3 deaths a year on average from steroids. how meny from drinking,smoking and anyting else. i don't like the use of steroids but anytime its a sports figure its alway everyone guessing it was steroids.

April 5, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Dave

When I saw the headline, I assumed it was AIDS.

April 5, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Dan

The shelf-life of wrestlers is way too short. I remember when Kanyon came out of the closet, he was forced to make a mock appearance on national television acting like a flamboyant gay guy and then was fired the next day from the WWE. RIP . . .

April 5, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  212. dan

who cares about one more steroid freak.....

April 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Rich

Why the attempt to turn this into a Gay Victim story?
    It is sad enough that he died, stop twisting the story to meet your personal agendas

April 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Mike

Sorry, no idea who this guy was.

I remember Andre the Giant, Captain Lou, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper.

Sorry, this guy doesn't ring a bell.

Maybe he needed a better agent or a better ACTING job.

April 5, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Stephen

It was suicide. Sad yes, but WWE is not at fault. He hasnt worked with the company for years. Nobody forced him to do it. Suicide.

April 5, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  216. tank

whose deader than kanyon?? NO ONE!

April 5, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  217. SWEETLEAF420

RIP Brother.

April 5, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  218. drew

Roids are killin' these guys.

April 5, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  219. JPX

Wow, these wrestlers have such tragic lives, they never live long.

April 5, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Jer

Did anyone catch the compassion of the WWE? "a BRIEF message"

kinda like when Owen Hart died and they continued the event 1 hour later...

Wow, nice to know where your heart is guys...

April 5, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Eddie

WWE should be ashamed of themselves. WWE made Kanyon a joke during his time in the company. They refused to use such a great talent because we was gay and he out shined alot of the upper level talent.

April 5, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  222. OMD

It may something to do with "roids".

April 5, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Mitch

Two Words:

Vince McMahon!

His traveling circus doesn't need to put shows on 7 days a week 365. Do the TV spots, your PPV's and then let your guys go home to their families and rest. Maybe, just maybe some of these men (suicide aside) will live past the age of 40.

April 5, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  224. Friend

Chris died not of a steriod problem, but of a drug overdose. He had faced a lot of demons in the past few years and was unable to handle it anymore. It is sad that someone that was such a kind person to everyone that he met had to go this way. I feel as if he will finally be at peace now. RIP Chris, you will be missed

April 5, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Talbot

To all those saying it's steroids, Kanyon died by suicide, of an OD of pills. This article makes no mention of this, but many other articles over the weekend did. They also found suicide notes. It has also been reported that he battling bi-polar disorder and depression. He also came out of the closet a few years ago, and seemed to be having trouble getting any work with WWE or TNA at least in part because of this. Steroids or HGH had nothing to do with his death. While it seems drugs did, it was an intentional overdose, not an addict pumping himself full. While many of the young wrestlers deaths can be attributed to drug use and steroid use, this isn't one of those cases. Get over yourselves.

April 5, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Jim

Kanyon has wrestled since leaving the WWE just on the Indy circuit. As a matter of fact I saw him just a few months before his passing at a Indy Wrestling Promotion local to where i live he looked really well. He was a good preformer and a good man Wrestling sadly has lost another great, before their time. He was scheduled to appear this past Saturday at a Indy Show in Pa.

April 5, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  227. Doctor Dan

People die young in the NFL and LPGA and every other sport as well but it seems there is some overtone which comes out in the media when a pro wrestler dies. One of "missed regulation" and "a darker misery". Wrestlers are people and people die. We are ALL going to die one die. Point is, the more macabre, the more newspapers sell. The American/U.K. media has purposely placed a stigma on professional wrestling because it sells papers. You say Chris Benoit, I say O.J. Simpson. You say Chris Kanyon, I say Dale Earnhardt Sr.
    R.I.P. Kanyon. "Who betta?"

April 5, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Jeff R.

Naw Naw...he legitimately was depressed and took his own life via non-accidental overdose. No steroids.

April 5, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  229. harvcl

What a pity. 😦

April 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Mike

"Championship?" Wrestling's fake, otherwise there would be sports betting.

April 5, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  231. AuntAlice

"One!"

"Two!"

"Three!"

DING! DING!

(pause)

"...Uh....Four?"

April 5, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Mark

What a shame. I dont care about that whole gay thing. Being gay doesnt make or break a great athlete. He was a great wrestler and he will be missed terribly.

April 5, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  233. Michelle

I also think it was steroids & painkillers. That's why so many wrestlers die in their sleep before their 45th birthday, their hearts just can't take the abuse.

April 5, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  234. Drew

It couldnt be from the fact that alot of wrestling organizations shunned him after he came out of the closet ? He was fired after wrestlers in the wwe found out he was gay and then was locked out of other wrestling companys.

April 5, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  235. hmm...

So is this going to be a steroid related suicide?
    So sad.

April 5, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Jeff R.

To Bobby G:

I believe it was a suicide. He hasn't wrestled for years. When he left the WWE he no longer was allowed to use the "Chris Kanyon" name in which he made famous.

April 5, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Kel

Damn, I liked him. One of the first openly gay wrestlers.

Shame he died so young.

R.I.P. man.

April 5, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  238. rw

he committed suicide

April 5, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  239. Pablo

"Another 'rassler dying at such a young age? Wonder if there's a reason, over worked, travel to much, not enough rest? What's up?"

Steroids & HGH

April 5, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  240. ABK

Suicide

April 5, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  241. Bobby G.

April 5, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  242. Ryan

wow, I just felt the world get lighter!

April 5, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  243. Mike

Who's better than Kanyon?

EVERYONE!

RIP CK

April 5, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  244. Head Diva In Charge

I used to follow wrestling years ago, and it's so sad to see these men pass away at such a young age. They do work hard, and the life they lead is very difficult, hopefully, as time passes, they will see the real dangerous in the way they live – and at least make adjustments to enjoy the life they have made for themselves.

April 5, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |