April 5th, 2010

Hey fans: Lil Wayne would like to thank you

Rapper Lil Wayne and his management are making good on their earlier idea that the rapper should still be able to communicate while he's serving a year-long prison sentence.

While it's not exactly a Twitter feed, Wayne and his team have set up a Web site called WeezyThankxYou.com, just to let his fans know that he loves them. “During my prison stint...I want all of you to know that I appreciate all the mail that I get, and this is my way of saying thank you,” Wayne – or one of his people – wrote.

Since - according to the countdown clock on Wayne's Web site at the time of this posting - he has 212 more days to go, sending him a letter "will be the best way we can communicate for the coming months," Wayne said in the first post. "The same way yall miss me, I miss yall, only 100 times more."

The site will serve as a way for Wayne to catch his fans up on what life's like for him on the inside, which so far, includes a lot of working out, some Bible reading and a soon-to-come blogging gig for ESPN.com.

He also plans to try to respond to as many of his letters as he can on a weekly basis. "If the weight of the world is on your shoulders, I beg of you, place it on mine. That’s the least I could do for you, after all you have sacrificed for me. If I could, I’d write each one of you back," Wayne wrote in his first letter.

In closing, he added, "No matter what they do to erase me, my love for you will always be permanent."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. tryecrot

August 27, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. daiquan

lil wayne can you come to my house

August 24, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. feezy

i think that who ever is hating on wayne should go suck a sick d***.because apparently he's doing something to make yall hate so everybody thats downing him should just kill it....if you don't have anything good to say about him you shouldnt say anything because he still making millions regardless of what you think about him.....think about that!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. feezy

i think that who ever is hating on wayne should go suck a sick d***.because apparently he's doing something to make yall hate so everybody thats downig him should just kill it....if you don't have anything good to say about him you shouldnt say anything because he still making millions regardless of what you think about him.....think about that

April 9, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. OLE WHITE LADY

LOVE YOUR MUSIC.STARTED LISTENING TO YOU FROM MY SON. ALSO LIKE SOME OF BIRDMANS MUSIC. WILL BE WAITING FOR MORE GREAT TUNES

April 8, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Demetrius Offutt j.r

lilwayne i am one of your biggest fans and my cousin devin likes young jeezy and i said wayne is better so lilwayne do u think u are better than young jeezy because i think u are

April 8, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. -------

Everyone with a mouth has an opinion, two cents to add to a topic. And in today's world, everyone with access to a computer has an opinion as well it seems. I find it incredibly interesting how much hatred and anger people have in their hearts for an individual based solely upon their impression of them. Lil Wayne didn't didn't run from his sentence, he didn't hide or flee. He didn't kill, shoot, or cause bodily harm to anyone either. What he was charged with was having a gun in his possession. Ok, so he broke the law. Questioning his intelligence, saying he should've been fined more and in jail longer solves what? Nothing! For those who dislike his music, here's a suggestion...don't listen to it. Change the stations or turn them off even. You are not mandated to listen or like it. If you're a parent and your kids listen to him, well..you are their parent. Don't get mad at the artist, they aren't their parents.

April 8, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sammy Byrd

z-ro 4 life

April 8, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Erinnnnnnnnn

I loveee Lil Wayne.
    He is definitely the best rapper ever
    "Funny how the comments from his fans are full of spelling and grammar mistakes, unlike those of his detractors?"

haha omg its just a comment on cnn.
    it doesn't have to be grammatically perfect.

April 8, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jax

Lil Wayne is the second most overrated rapper of all time. Hopefully he will fade out and no one will remember him. His fans are idiots. Lil Wayne can stay in jail for all I care. He's not a genius. He's not a thug nor a blood!
    Most overrated rapper of all time is Jay-z.
    I'm getting sick and tired of rappers making songs about Money,cash,hoes,I'm rich,I got this B#@tch,I'm big pimpin',I got stacks higher than you,etc. Basically rapping about nonsense and nothing meaningful nor inspirational.

April 8, 2010 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  11. holla@m3w33zy!

Ya doodz! Let w33zy outta jale, hollaaaa!

derpdaderrrrr!!!

I like his music, but give me a break. I wonder if the same people that are supporting him and want him freed would have the same opinion if they got busted for the same crimes and sent to jail for as long, if not longer. Why wouldn't he deserve jail time? Because he is creative/artistic? Hitler was actually a pretty good artist (painter)...so, ya know, he doesn't deserve the bad rap he got, cuz he's creative. (yeah, I know that's an extreme example, but still).

April 8, 2010 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. sicwence

Str8 Outta Tx:
    there's plenty more where that came from...
    peace...FREE WEEZZYY, baby!!!

April 7, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. crossingflavors

April 7, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sammy Byrd

Yea it's lil'sammy out that Austin,Texas 78723 all i got to say is that niogga Wayne is a beast. I'm next in this rap game be on the lookout for the album me and kin NOOK
    "Million Dollar Grind" coming soon. lil wayne do yo thang these hatas make the world go round.
    Eastside 2-3 4 LIFE.

April 7, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. frEE wEEzYY !

STOP HATIN ON LIL WAYNE
    ERRYBODY KNOW HE THE BEST RAPPER (spelled correctly) ALIVE
    NOBODY CAN STOP HIM
    HE IN JAIL AND HE STILL DOIN HIS THING
    SO HOP OFF HIS JOCK

&&&&& FREE WEEZY F BABYY!!!!

April 7, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. R.R.N

To all you people dissin weezy you have no idea what ur talking about. everyone has there own appinion. If you rednecks dont like him tell ur dogs about it because nobody cares what you have to say. He is the best entertainer alive and ur negative comments dont change that. Stay strong weezy!

April 7, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  17. Str8 Outta Tx

sicwence do you rap any?

April 7, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  18. sicwence

Regardless of what the haters say,, Weezy is a genius.
    Now that he's in prison I know he's planning something big.
    Hey Weezy, drop this joint as part of your openning line:
    "through the gutter i came up,
    as i grew up,
    on the corner I'm hustlin' i can't give up
    blood makes the water mirky, and blurrs my eyes....thanxs for your time man,, be sure to stay fly...(for more lyrics, email me: psambathfyi@gmail.com

April 6, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  19. sicwence

Regardless of what the haters say,, Weezy is a genius.
    Now that he's in prison I know he's planning something big.
    Hey Weezy, drop this joint as part of your openning line:
    "through the gutter i came up,
    as i grew up,
    on the corner I'm hustlin' i can't give up
    blood makes the water mirky, and blurrs my eyes....thanxs for your time. (for more email me: psambath@gmail.com

April 6, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  20. reddstlouis1

All I can say is that Wayne is a very entertaining entertainer. I just wish the things that happened in his life to make him the way he is hadn't happened. Listening to him talk, it seems like he is an intelligent man, but why does he talk about women the way he does. When an intelligent person says something ignorant, it's the same as putting your foot in your mouth. Like someone previously said, is reading the Bible going to help him change his ways when he gets out? I hope so. He could move a generation. In fact he already has, look at all the tattooed and dreaded up teens walking the streets emulating his style.

April 6, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Str8 Outta Tx

well all i have to say on the subject is that for those of you hoping that lil wayne is going to rot in prison, ask santa for something else. dwayne carter is a lyrical monstrosity, and he will continue to make money in prison if he is in fact sent. not only that, but his young money entorage will continue to produce. he has drake(close to eminem, jay z, and wayne in lyrical creativity)and nicky(a non talented female rapper who is just about the baddest thing walking in the hip hop world these days, and will make tons of money off her looks) as well as many other up and comers who will no doubt hold it down and bring plenty of money to his label. i dont necessarily like him as a person. he aint nothin but a studio gangsta, and a fake ass CMB blood. he does a lot of dissing to himself in his songs and lyrics, and probably doesnt even realize it (unlike GAME). however, he is a beast on the tracks, and i must respect him for that. this is good for him. maybe he will be put down for real, or at least get laced up properly on his knowledge.
    but more than likely he wont. he is in celebrity prison. his cell probably has more luxuries than my house.

April 6, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Sean

Just like Dylan, oh come on! If he moves a generation or has the depth og Ginsberg I will eat my hat

April 6, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  23. D.Moore

1.For Those Of You Who Said He Cant Complete A Sentence Read The Letter at weezythanxyou.com
    2.He Has A Degree In Physocology at The University Of Houston
    3.Check Any List He's One Of The Best Rappers Ever
    4.A Gun Charge
    5.The Carter IV is Dropping as soon as he is released. If You Dont Believe Google "Carter IV Jae Millz"

April 6, 2010 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  24. alisha jones

im goin to miss u and you songs dawayn because of every thing and rappers you brought in this world .

April 5, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Dylan

In someways he's the Bob Dylan of the Millennial generation. Older folk won't be able to make the connection, but it's true.

April 5, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. pat bateman

Actually he doesnt have his degree yet, he has been studying for eight years. Good for him for pretending to try. Now if he wanted to be a real role model he would quit smoking pot and getting idiot tattoos.

April 5, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Tosha

I love Lil Wayne. I think he is very original. Everybody makes mistakes, and he's doing the time for his. He is the BEST RAPPER ALIVE....

April 5, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  28. GeoB

So if I make as much money as he does, I then have the right to judge him??? When you make as much money as he and others do and still screw up, you deserve all the crap you get!!!

April 5, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. beck

Seriously- lay off him..he is serving his time and doing what needs to be done..No need to talk down on him. If you don't like him, keep it to yourself and stop talking about him. At least he is being nice and opening up about this and serving his time instead of Paris Hilton who weasled her way out of jail by using her fame! He isn't doing that at all..give him a break!

April 5, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Mag

tessa: I did not understand a word you said... it's pathetic how illiterate some people are.

April 5, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Alfred

To everyone posting negative comments on Lil Wayne:
    Make as much money as he did, achieve as much fame as he did, then you have the authority to judge him. Until then, shut up. To quote Jay-Z, "If you don't like the lyrics, you can press fast forward." No one is forcing you to listen to his music or even hear his news.

April 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  32. amnda

It is great that Weezy is reaching out to his friends. And to all of you who are quick to judge and say that he should have been punished more severely, well all the hating is just making him bigger. So go back to the golden rule...you can't say something nice, don't say it at all. If you could get rich for speaking your mind you would do it too.

April 5, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  33. victoria

seek God first ❤

April 5, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  34. DJP

When are rappers going to figure out that their behavior is causing society to think less of them. I'm sick of celebrities saying: "I never claimed to be a role model." Well, the fact is, we are ALL role models! The younger generation watches us and mimicks our behavior. We are ALL responsible for making the world livable, treating others as we want to be treated, and helping one another to succeed. I'm not saying every song in the world has to be upbeat and "peppy", just would be better if creativity were a prerequisite for a record contract. Very little thought goes into a song about getting your junk wet and getting F'd up!

April 5, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  35. 29Palms

I'm with Mr. Biggz. Take his butt to jail. He needs to learn his lesson. All this gun carrying and marijuana smoking is getting old. Bring back the rappers that made sense when they rapped and when they spoke. I think this young man could do better for himself. He will fade out just like thos "One hit wonders." And about him reading the Bible, well thats fine and I'm all for it, but read it and let it make the change in your life that you need, Wayne. Criminals all of the sudden want to get religion while incarcerated, but when they come out, back to the old crap.

I say this to you Wayne, if you are allowing the word of God change your life you will not have to say it, the proof is in the pudding. We'll all see how you walk when your finished your two jail terms. I encourage you to do the best you can, that's all we can hope and ask for.

April 5, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  36. *Janelle*

Also, Debbie: As far as Wayne getting his G.E.D. ..... HE HAS A BACHELORS DEGREE IN PSYCHOLOGY. HMM....how does your foot taste? 😀

April 5, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Madison

This just proves you can take some people out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of them. It also proves money can give you materialistic things, but common sense is something more valuable than money. I don't feel sorry for this guy.

April 5, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Debbie

Instead of him writing letters to his fans, why don't he get his GED while he is there. In the 50 states in the United States, 95 percent of them are filled with Black men. I believe out of the 95 percent, maybe 35 percent are in there lawfully. I would suggest to "Lil Wayne" that while his is there, preach education to the young youth, preach it to the older ones that are in there with you. Catch up on your education if you have not, and stay your ass out of there when you do get out. I don't want to call you a role model but you are damn sure an influence now more than ever on these young black males lives. Keep your head up.

April 5, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  39. MrBiggz

I have no idea why people rally around these types of rappers. The lyrics are elementary at best. Granted I'm no rapper and don't claim to be one. But for the love of Pete, read the lyrics. It's the same b/s over and over again. I gave up on these types of 'modern' rappers along time ago.

And peeps .. don't forget .. once he's done in NY .. off to AZ he goes! I wouldn't be surprised if their waiting for him on the other side of the gate to re-arrest him and whiz him off to AZ! YEAH!

Now, bring back ... Kool Moe Dee, Sugar Hill Gang and the likes of these performers .. and music can be restored. I can't forget Jay-Z .. he's in the long line of talented rappers.

I don't support this person and flip the station when he's played! I'd rather listen to Clay Aiken (can't stand that mess either) then .. ah-hem .. Lil Weezy .. Cheezy .. WHAT EVER!

April 5, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jesse89

Love Weezy,,,stay strong and keep it real...

April 5, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Keegan

Rapping isnt about focusing on one thing, rapping is about letting all your emotions out in a way that is unheard of. its a way for all the people who dont usually show their emotions to be heard. So if you think Weezy isnt good, your an idiot and you dont really know what the genre of music is about.

Yes he did a bad thing.
    Yes he is getting punished for it.

but this experience is only gonna make him a better rapper and its only going to boost up the entertainment industry even more.

April 5, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Paul Keith Reyes

Greetings
    Que Paso ? I thought you all had the court excusing the judge and a request for a suspended sentence. Please request the court to rehear the case on the sentencing part. I think a probation sentence would be better. I hope you all are succesfull. My prayers are with you all. If you have any questions please feel free to send me an e-mail. Your still our MVP for politcs. Don't give up. LIke the Flav said "Fight the Power"

Sincerely

Paul Keith Reyes
    Pablo's laborer
    Go Raiders!!

April 5, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  43. laura TJ

He is one lucky man - serving a very short sentence,stop your whining,Lil Wayne. Do your time without this nonsense communication & be a better man when you are freed.

April 5, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Blaze

Can he sing-no can he dance-no is he clever-no can he play an instrument-NNNNNOOOOOOO wWWWAAAYYYYYYy

April 5, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Blaze

"The Greatest Disgrace in Music History"An embarrassment to great mc's and musicians alike.A manufactured puppet with no talent.I bet more than half of his fan base is wayyyyy more talented than him.A utter failure at the guitar,that's the envy that will burn through his mind forever..................................

April 5, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Michele

Wayne isn't even all that great. And he does deserve to be in jail. 'Nuff said.

April 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  47. jemg

Lil Wayne just need to think about his actions......and the time he taking away from him family for doing really stupid stuff

April 5, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  48. lumps

Say thank you by pulling your pants up, "role model".

April 5, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  49. arab

yall hate too much on weezy bro he needs to get out of jailhe dont deserve tht

April 5, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  50. kelseycurtis

i luv u sooooooooooooooooo much and u r so cute u r my man and u can rap i luv u hunnie......................................................lmao

April 5, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Lil wayne is trash

LIL WAYNE DESERVES A LONGER SENTECE...

April 5, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  52. cmr

I know, that's why I pointed it out... 🙂

April 5, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Victoria

to Chingo, "and i hope he keeps going 4 what he aim at!!" "AT" does not belong at the end of a sentence. Lil Wayne is a male NOT a female, and yes CMR "raper" is spelled incorrectly.

April 5, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Victoria

He deserves to go to jail, he knows what he did. He had all this money and still can't take the streets outta him.. He is NOT the best rapper alive! He can't even make a complete sentence, nor can he make one song and focus on one thing. Come on forreal? My 7 yr old nephew can rap better than him. please..

April 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  55. cmr

i hope chingo means the best "rapper" alive and not the best "raper" !

April 5, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  56. chingo

well i think that he is the best raper alive and she shouldnt deserve to be in jail. he is a creative person i mean he is like my big brother to me i like 4 what he do and i hope he keeps going 4 what he aim at!!

April 5, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Head Diva In Charge

I don't really care that he is in jail, however, what I do care about is by doing this and having his fans write to him, he is making it seem like it's NO BIG DEAL. Well, jail and crime IS a big deal, and his PR rep should remind him of that.

April 5, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  58. jCrush1800

Should have been locked up much longer, fined more heavily, and treated like "THE THUG" that he is. PEACE

April 5, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |