March 31st, 2010

TV Recap: Widmore's plan and 'the package' on 'Lost'

[Editor's Note: You know the drill by now. If you haven't seen this episode of "Lost" yet, DON'T READ ANY FURTHER.]

After last week's instant-classic episode, Tuesday night's "Lost" could only pale in comparison... which it did. Yet thankfully the writers moved the plot forward just enough that I really enjoyed it. It's hard to believe that only six episodes remain, and you can really feel the momentum going into the finale.

The "flash-sideways" were back, filling in the blanks of what happened to Sun and Jin between their time at the airport and Sayid meeting Jin tied up in a restaurant freezer. It seems that the changes with each character have been more drastic in each look at the parallel timeline, and this time we find that Jin and Sun are not married but they are secretly together, and she is still carrying his child.

It turns out that the money that Jin was delivering to Keamy was payment for Jin himself to be whacked, since Sun's father found out about their relationship. In the midst of all this comes a blast from the past (or future, in a way): Mikhail, who serves as the Kwons' interpreter for Keamy. Once Sayid comes into the picture, as we saw a few episodes ago, he gives Jin a blade with which to free himself, and Jin takes down Mikhail (shooting him in the eye!) to rescue his wife, who unfortunately gets hit in the crossfire.

In the current timeline, the Man in Black tries to recruit Sun but she runs away from him and ends up hitting her head badly, so much so that she can no longer speak English. While that's happening, Widmore's people spring into action, taking Jin.

Why Jin? He was around in the 1970s working on Dharma grid maps of the island showing areas of high electromagnetism. Demanding to see Widmore, Jin is granted that chance, and Widmore explains that he is bent on stopping the Man in Black from leaving the island. Widmore would like him to see the "package" behind the mysterious submarine door which Sawyer passed. Who else could it be, but Desmond, whom Sayid, now spying for the Man in Black, sees being carried off the submarine in a daze?

Some stray observations, questions and theories:

- A lot of callbacks to season three lately, with the recent return of New Otherton, Nikki and Paolo's diamonds, and now Mikhail, Widmore's pylons used to stave off the Man in Black and the subliminal room.

- We knew that the Man in Black was capable of traveling to Hydra Island - maybe it's a force field of some kind keeping him in? And now it's clear that he must recruit the candidates to come with him in order to leave. Is he mistaken about Kate's candidate status, not having seen the lighthouse? Instead of being a gateway to hell, is the island keeping "hell," a.k.a. the Man in Black, from the rest of the world?

- Sayid says that he can't feel anything, yet I would argue that Rousseau-Claire has shown emotion... so maybe they don't have the same "sickness" after all?

- Mikhail getting shot in the eye either symbolizes that everything eventually ends up the same in the alternate timeline, or that he can travel through time and space, much like Desmond, which might explain his "nine lives." Seeing as we have limited time left this season, I'm guessing it's the former.

- Keamy's line that Jin and Sun aren't meant to be together is apparently untrue, so of course they are meant to be together in all timelines.

- Jin taking his first look at his daughter was one of the most touching scenes of the season, thanks to Daniel Dae Kim's performance.

- So Sun lost her ability to speak English due to a bump on the head, but can still write it (thanks to Jack's notepad idea)? Is this actually possible, or just a strange anomaly from the island? By the way, Jack the Believer is a vast improvement so far over Jack the Skeptic.

- Desmond was my number one choice for "the package," but I would have loved to have seen someone come in from left field, like Walt. Even so, the island is "not done with" Desmond and time was running out for him to finally show up. By the way, where are Penny and little Charlie in all this?

- So everything seems to be building towards a showdown between Widmore's people, Ilana's people and the Man in Black. It's anyone's guess how Desmond fits in.

- Line of the night, this exchange between Ben and Ilana: "Why won't you believe me?" "Because you're speaking."

Your turn: Share your theories, views and more on how this season is shaping up on video or in the comments below.

1. Angela

Yes.. MIB(locke)....is lying... Kate name was still on the wall and she must die. He lied so Claire would try to kill Kate.

April 1, 2010 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joe

If only there were a tree somewhere on the island that would impart the knowledge of good & evil. Maybe then things would make sense.

April 1, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. jane

DESMOND!!!

woohoo

March 31, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Marissa

I believe that good and evil are relative terms to this show, and simply descriptors that normal human beings can relate to. Jacob personifies man's free will and ability to choose their path, with the hope that they choose good, but reluctant to force that choice on them (think God). MIB is the other side of that coin, similar to Lucifer ,who was given reign over Earth and allowed to try and manipulate man into choosing evil. It's a constant struggle of possibility. Jacob keeps trying to prove his belief that we all are basically good and MIB that we are all basically evil. But MIB is tired of the game, as is in his nature, and simply wants to destroy all of Jacob's possibilities and take over. The problem is, neither can exist without the other (yin and yang, must have good to have evil, life to have death, etc.) so the battle is this MIB's last stand to revolt, flee the island (his prison) and destroy everything. I think the split timelines are either the result of what their island personas do on the island affecting their other lives, or, what would have happened had they gone down the other path after Jacob touched them. Obviously I could be way off base here though, this is LOST. I think Smokey kills those that he sees no chance of manipulating. Either they are already "bad" and won't suit his purpose or already "good" and don't have anything he can read in them that he could use to sway them. Eko was killed because he wasn't sorry for the things he did (all actions led to his current place and he had made peace with that), but Locke, Richard and others had something he thought he might be able to play with. The live birth thing has been the case since the Black Rock destroyed the statue of Tawaret when it crashed on the island. Plus, the combo of the island being a sort of Axis Mundi and all the electromagnetism would probably not lend themselves to babies. I thought at first that babies could not be born into a vaccuum of sorts, whether it is one of mythos or reality.

Just a couple of thoughts...

March 31, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Monika

Look up Aphasia, which Jack identified as Sun's issue.

Weirder things have happened. Once I had a bad reaction to medicine. I felt fine until I picked up a book and saw the same word printed over and over again. I thought it was hilarious that someone who make such a bizarre printing error and tried reading the book aloud. To my utter shock I recited the actual text and not the repeated word I was obviously hallucinating.

I threw out the remaing pills.

March 31, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sean

Smoky killed:

Boat crew(Keamy's team s4), Eko, Pilot(s1, 815 pilot), Temple people....Who else am I missing?

We don't know for sure if that pilot was evil or not....I think there were a few others from 815 that he "killed" that were dragged off into the woods but they were "non-chars" that we didn't "meet" that were in the tail section, the other group that showed up in s2.

After the the shows ends in may I'm going to go back and watch them all from the start again over this summer. Its going to be sweeeeet.

March 31, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Toby

Except for Ecko- he was converted into a good man, and Smokey kicked his butt...

March 31, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tony

I think Jacob is the devil and MIB is the "human condition" in which God intended to be good but was given free will. I think of the island as a new form of the garden of Eden. Jacob and MIB are always in constant battle and their rule that they can't kill each other reminds me of the rule God said to the Devil when he said he could test man in order to establish free will. I think the old saying that the devil is a liar goes will with the theme. Jacob and Witmore all tell the story that if MIB leaves the island then the world will end. In fact I believe that if MIB leaves the island that mankind breaks free from the influence of the devil and returns to being basically good as God intended. A question of thought has anyone every seen the black smoke kill someone that is of a good spirit. I have always noticed that he kills the bad and stops when he comes upon a person that is capable of being good.

March 31, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. I HEART LOST

yeah the whole no LIve birth thing has to be answered.

March 31, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sarah

Jin and Sun are for sure not married in the flash sideways because when they're checking into the hotel Jin says "two rooms, not married". So yes, that means they were not married.

March 31, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. cecilia

One thought I can't get past is why no live births could occur on the island. Is it because children are inherently good i.e. not part of the struggle between good and evil. Seven is typically considered the age of reason, or the age at which people can choose evil over good, which may be why Walt was pivotal.

March 31, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sean

All the eps are 43 mins. same amount of commericals since the first season. They just spread them out more with more breaks. before they must have packed them into fewer breaks, but I agree it does seem like there are more commericals, but all the eps are still 43 mins.

I watched V and was not impressed. Even the actor playing Julia in lost seems to have gotten worse. I like the story and the idea but the acting is just awful and the lines the chars say are such crap. They don't feel real at all. Like the dialog between the black guy alien in hiding and julia made me sick! lol

March 31, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. I HEART LOST

Heather- Jin and Sun were not married in the sideways time line. Jin states it when they are checking in to the hotel that they need seperate rooms as they are not married.

Sayid is defenitely not on MIB side, he is too powerful a character to have just been swayed that easily.

March 31, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TakeMeThere

Pow Wow : Yes, yes, yes...
    Ihave express my disgust over the "V" count throughout the episode. I purposely did NOT watch V because of it. How dare ABC inhibit the viewing of LOST! Kill "V"

March 31, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Clay

To Veronica..I think that the skeletons found in the Cave are Rose and Bernard...

March 31, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. ffiisshh

Go back to either season one or two. There is an episode where Claire is having a avery vivid nightmare. In it, Locke is playing chess with himself, and when he opens his eyes, his eyeballs are replaced by a black stone and a white stone. (the black and white stones were in a little bag that were shown to Walt, I believe...but I don't remember how those stones came into his possession.)

Now, fast forward to this current season....In the cave, on the scales, there is a black stone and a white stone. MIB Locke takes the white stone and throws itinto the ocean....He tells Sawyer "It's an inside joke."

You need to look back at that old episode....I am sure there is something very important there....

I would say "AHA", or "SEE?" or "Eureka" or VOILA!!!"
    ....but then I woke up and realised ...we're talkin' LOST here folks....

March 31, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. It Paynes Me, Sandy

Whitmore? Whidmore? Witless?

W-I-D-M-O-R-E

March 31, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. JVD

Final Episode:
    Jack as Jacob

Hurley as the new RIchard (he can express Jacob's needs and influence candidates, like Richard)

Sawyer – The new MIB. Remember, Sawyer is the only one of the main characters who has been unable to leave the island - something he truly wants to do.

March 31, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Paigey

I am sooo glad Desmond is back, they spent a lot of time on him to just sweep him under the rug. Yes, the annoying V, and the 5 commercials in between was annoying, but then when the V covered what Sun was writing on her notepad....THAT was annoying!!

March 31, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. pow-wow

WOW YOU DONT GET IT. MIB I= THE SNAKE , ISLAND=EDEN JIN=NOAH FISHERMAN- ISLAND WILL BE FLOODED. REMEMBER THE STOY OF ADAM AND EVE. HE NEED THE CANDIDATES TO OPEN THE CORK. SO HE THE MIB CAN ESCAPE THE BOTTLE-THE ISLAND. DONT FOR GET TO READ YOUR " HOMER" THEY WILL USE THE NUCLEAR BOMB TO DESTROY THE ISLAND. IT WILL SINK...

March 31, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jonathan

1. Obviously Claire still wants her revenge. I guess MIB knows he won't get Jack without Kate. I saw the cave and dial, Austin (Kate) was crossed off, as well as Linus, and several others, mean you can lose candidate status for many reasons, not just death.
    2. I thought the package might be Aaron, the last island birth... maybe reincarnation... oh well
    3. Sun/Jin take a very ironic story line, he was not the target originally, they were married, and she had been scolded for cheating... I bet the bald asian guy was the original mark. She might lose the baby... on the island, where she is supposed to lose it, she ends up having the baby (upon her return home), and in their normal world sideways, she might lose it
    4. didn't mind the bra... if only it was a Showtime series.

March 31, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  22. D2

MIB is definitely bad.
    I think the show will end where one of the characters will have to stay and watch over the island. Pretty sure it’ll be Hurley. He hasn’t had a flash sideways episode yet, and has only been a benevolent, almost supernatural force in the sideways episodes (helping out locke, etc) similar to Jacob. I think once the MIB is defeated, all the other characters will revert back to their sideways story lines. These story lines depict every character alive in a reasonably happy scenario (Sun will survive the gunshot wound and convince her father to stop interfering with her and Jin).

March 31, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Brettg

VERY VERY annoyed with the "V" at the bottom of the screen.

March 31, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sean

Great idea Doretha Gill, he could be hiding behind his new "no feelings" to make Flocke feel safe that hes on his side in all this.

March 31, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Doretha Gill

I think not lock did something to Sun, so she cannot speak english. I think not Lock is bad. But, most of all I think Sayed is playing Lock. He would have had to play this type of roll while under cover with the Revoltuionary guard.

March 31, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Vorhenze

I'm surprised so many people think the head bump to the tree has anything to do with Sun's inability to speak English.

Smokey offers Sun to come join him. She refuses him and turns tail and runs. He chases after her. She hits a tree and falls down. Commercial. Later she awakes from the same spot and Smokey is gone. Then we find she has a rather the rather magical effect of understanding English, but cannot speak it. Actually I'll call that a curse.

Now at this point it is certainly hard to imagine Smokey got to her and said "Well, she passed out, guess I'll just be movin'n on!" No, what actually happened is she hit a tree and suddenly can't speak English? Oh and BTW, she is really adament about telling them to not destroy the plane, but she can't.

March 31, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. cindy

Also, I was not under the impression Charlie (Dominic M.) asked to leave the show. I thought I had read somewhere that he was happily settled in Hawaii, and they had to call him ahead of time before the scripts came out, and break the news to him gently that his character was being killed off, though they would make his ending worth his while, which it was.

March 31, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  28. johnny mack

damon and carlton stated in an interview once that they always knew the kid playing Walt would age faster than the timeline of the show and that they planned for it, and that we would have to be "patient". so i still have hopes that he will play a part this season. but they also said at one time that time travel wouldnt be part of the show and that was an obvious lie. they probably just give false info to keep us guessing. love the show regardless. will be sad after its over though, looking forward to lost each year was great.

March 31, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. lastlap

Victor- For what it's worth, Desmond's episode is called "Happily Ever After".

March 31, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  30. woodsy

Ben said once the Walt was more than they bargained for. What happened with Walt when he was taken and with the others?

March 31, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  31. cindy

I get the feeling FLocke is only keeping Kate around because Sawyer won't go far without her, especially now that Juliet's gone. Plus he's using her presence to keep scary Clairey in line. I don' t know why but, I always seem to enjoy Jack/Sun scenes, very moving. Was hoping my favorite Scot would be "The Package"! I'm also not counting out Sayid yet. I thought I saw a glimmer wnen he recognized Des, so that he may still be capable of thinking for himself, enough to play both sides like Sawyer, and help his fellow castaways yet. I still hope we're not done with Ben, what of His unfinished business with Widmore? The Ben/Ilana exchange, classic, LOL!

March 31, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Spurt

Too bad Sun didn't write more on the Notpad so you couldn't see it because of a huge red V countdown and an ABC over it.....
    Really???

March 31, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  33. VeeZee

It's funny listening to all the people complain that it's taking so long for things to get answered. What do you people want? Everything to be answered in the first couple episodes and then have the rest of the episodes of Hurley sitting there saying "Dude, that was awesome?"
    Just shush and go with the flow.

March 31, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Victor

I agree with what many others have posted before. Walt should be brought back in some way. He was too important the first two seasons, and I believe he should at least get to know what happened to his father. If I remember correctly Locke never actually spoke to him when he had the chance, so Walt basically has no idea that his dad is dead. This would be an awful way to leave this character behind.

Also, everyone should have known it would be Desmond locked up in the submarine. He has always been an integral part of this story with his time traveling abilities and his love affair with Penny, and it only made sense that Whidmore would find some way to keep him from Penny, if i remember correctly he never approved of their realtionship. It kind of bums me out cause from what we could hear in the blurb for nezt week's episode it seems that Desmond is gonna get shafted before the show ends, and I was hopin he would live happyly ever after with Penny and their kid.

Jack is the chosen one to replace Jacob. This becomes more and more obvious as the show winds down. Didn't you just love that conversation he had with Sun at the end, when he promised she and Jin would leave the island. It gives me hope that at least a few people will be able to leave and have a happy life. Also, that scene where Whidmore showed Jin pictures of his daughter was probably one of the most heartbreaking moments ever scripted on this series. Daniel Dae Kim deserves an Emmy for that scene alone.

The final showdown will definetely be bloody. Didn't you just love when Locke (MIB) told Whidmore that a war was coming? Goosebumps!!!!

My predictions:

1. Jack stays on the island as Jacob's replacement (there's even a similarity in their names)

2. Sawyer, Kate, Jin, Sun, Miles, Lapidus and Hurley get off the island

3. These people all die: Whidmore, Whidmore's people, the Others that chose to leave with MIB, Sayid, Claire, Desmond (sadly), Alpert, Ben, and Ilana.

4. MIB stays stuck on the island thanks to Jack.

March 31, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  35. layne

Really enjoyed this episode. I don't think it was as far a fall off from the previous Richard episode as most seem to think, but then I don't think the Richard episode was as amazing as popular opinion either (I think it more has to do with people just finally getting an official on Richard after all this time, but if this episode would have been aired in season 3 I doubt it' rate as a classic for most).

The only thing I had a problem with was the whole Sun bump head, go boom, forget to speak english incident. Not that I find it completely unreleastic, I actually think it's possible (if I remember my neuropsych correctly). However, I was just dissapointed that the writers, who have prided themselves on non-traditional story telling would resort to such a cliched plot device at this point in the game. Making it a language barrier instead of amnesia doesn't really make it a leopard of different spots.

March 31, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Heather

Are we sure that Jin & Sun aren't married in the flash sideways? I just assumed that they were and Keamy & Co. didn't understand that.

I will admit that I wasn't able to pay attention to minor details that might confirm or deny this... wedding rings, etc. The only thing I really remember is that Keamy called Sun "Ms. Patik" when she opened the door. To me, tho, that suggests either she kept her own name after marriage or he was just using her father's name b/c he didn't know her married one.

March 31, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Sue

I have been a fan of LOST since the begining, but I can honestly say that this is the worst season since I have been watching. It is all so very confusing each episode and it takes the fun out of watching it. I am not even sure that I will continue watching. Can't believe after all this time that the writers have made it so you don't care if you see the next episode or not. I am realy very disappointed with the final episodes.

March 31, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Sean

A friend of mine swore a few weeks ago he saw Austin on the cave wall but it was crossed out, I didn't see it myself, but that would def go with what Flocke said about her in this ep. I wonder why she lost it.

March 31, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  39. RHBD Productions

Katie wrote: "What if the flash sideways is what would happen if Flockey got off the Island?"

My wife had the same thought. It's certainly possible.

As for whether MIB is good or evil – he has killed many people, going as far back on the show as episode one where he killed the pilot, and up to the temple when he slaughtered people that wouldn't follow him. That disqualifies him from being "good".

March 31, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  40. woodsy

Why do people and polar bears from the island show up in Tunisia?

March 31, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Morris

I think that everyone has it all wrong – MIB/UnLock is a good guy and the man in White (Jacob) is the evil one. What a fitting twist in the end.

March 31, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Towers McQuestion

If this show ends right, it has the possibility to be one of the best shows ever in the history of the medium. They better not drag it out too much, though, and leave us with a myriad of unanswered questions (a la Battlestar Galactica, which was fantastic until the final few episodes, which wasted a TON of air time and during the finale gave a hugely unsatisfying episode with many of the biggest questions left completely unanswered). That would make the investment of time in this show a huge disappointment and tarnish the J.J. Abrams name (along with other show creators). If we want more involving shows like this and less reality crap like Dancing With The Stars, these shows need to have satisfying endings.

March 31, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Dale

To all of you confused about the flash sideways.... My take is that they are showing what life is like after Julliete detonated the bomb back in the 70's, not after Jacob entered their lives. That would explain how some of their lives are so very different (e.g. Jack's son, and Jin and Sun not being married).

March 31, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Isay

sorry, I meant post this comment on "Idol". What's wrong with my computer?

March 31, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Isay

Please, please let Siobhan dissapear from my eye sight. She wants to be a female Adam Lambert, NO you are not, OK? Don't insult Adam. She thinks she is so cute. Screaming like she is gonna die.

March 31, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  46. jack merridew

was i the only one who thought

– richard could understand sun
    – jack is still good at holding the group together, even as the new believer, which means hell probably be the most important
    – Miles is dead within the next 2 episodes
    – zoe is connected to faraday and has his notebook
    -the flash sideways and the island timeline are melding together and the real John Locke will eventually come back and take jacobs place

March 31, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Lauren

My theory on the sideways flashes (which has been mentioned here before) is that everything is changed from the time the h-bomb exploded (hense Juliet saying "It worked") in the 70's. This means anything could happen in the characters lives since the point of change was the 70's not when they met Jacob.

March 31, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  48. jason

The alternate reality started many years ago. It is what happened through time after the bomb exploded on the island many years ago. The island did exist at one time but was blown apart and the entire future for all characters was changed due to that occurance

March 31, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  49. jack merridew

I found it intersting that MIB(Locke) said that Kate was not a candidate anymore, implyin that she was at one time. I thought the only way to not become one was to die. What does one have to do to not be a candidate anymore?

personally i thought that Flocke was lying to Claire because she looked like she was gonna snap if he told her kate was important and she wasn't

March 31, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Katie

What if the flash sideways is what would happen if Flockey got off the Island?

March 31, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Tim

Toby – there have been PLENTY of differences between the original timeline and the "new" timeline, many of them not simply post-crash changes. Sawyer chose to become a cop instead of a con artist; Jack has a son; Hurley has good luck, and owns several large companies; Locke and his father are on good enough terms for his fiance (another difference) to want to invite him to their wedding.

March 31, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  52. C. K.

Side note: The characters' lives in the flash sideways look similar at the outset, but then are shown to be substantially different–like Jin and Sun not being married. Kate's on the lam from the law, but for what reason?

March 31, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  53. joe

I find it funny that Keamy was killed twice by Sayid: once for messing with Sayid's brother, and now once again for messing with Jin/Sun. Has anyone else been killed twice in the flash sideways?

March 31, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Pam

Toby – I had thought that it was't that everything was the same before the plane crash, but that everything was the same until Jacob entered their lives....but the fact that Sun and Jin aren't married (when they encoutered Jacob at their wedding) has me confused as to what the flash sideways really means.

March 31, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Toby

The alternate reality has me confused. I thought everything that happened before the crash was the same... Until last night when- in the new alternate reality- Sun and Jin are not married, and having a secret affair. I had also assumed that Jack's son was just an unknown fact until this season's episode revealed this. Anyone care to shed more light on this?

One more nugget- does anyone else think Widmore could be the good guy now?! After all- he wants what Jacob wants- to keep Smokey on the island...

Head is hurting now. Feeling dizzy...

March 31, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Tracie

I thought it wasn't a very compelling episode. I was quite bored and wishing that things would pick up a bit.

March 31, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  57. gus

I believe the Sun and Jin will never be reunited – i think that real time Jin will need to make a choice: 1. do not reunite with Sun and she and the child will live or 2. reunite with Sun and never have a child (since she was shot in the flash sideways)

I am really wondering if smokey is really the bad guy... maybe he is the good guy and Jacob was the bad guy.......

the war locke is speaking about could be armageddeon......the beginning of the end of time

just thoughts....

March 31, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Pam

Sun didn't learn English original until after she was married, when she started taking English lessons (she had her affair with the tutor)....so I don't *think* that that is really a discrepancy.

March 31, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Mike

Okay, just have to throw this out there...anyone happen to notice that Sun apparently never learned to speak English in the flash sideways? Her suddenly losing her ability to speak English on the island might have something to do with this, or so I was thinkin'...

March 31, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  60. LmcB

Good episode – not on the same level as last week's – but good nonetheless.

My husband had an idea that the reason Smokey is gathering the six candidates is to kill them & get them out of the way (now that Jacob is dead) so he can leave and all hell breaks loose.

I think someone else also mentioned that is there a chance that smokey and Widmore are working together... I was actually thinking that, too, until the scene at the new pylons. That was some tension.

And I can't WAIT to see how Desmond is going to play into this. I love that character, Brotha'!

March 31, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  61. lisa

Just because Flocke seems nice by wanting to reunite Jin and Sun, doesnt mean hes not evil. He's manipulative and will do whatever is needed for his own reasons and his own benefits only. He wants Claire and Kate to believe he will protect them, until they help him get off the island, then he will let them kill each other. He will get Jin and Sun together so they too can help him get off the island, then he may kill them and their daughter as Widmore claims. His tone of voice is "nice" but his goals are all evil.

March 31, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Mod

I loved the Ben/Illana exchange!

Also adored the exchange between Flocke/Claire where he in so many words told her she could kill Kate once he had finished using her to his advantage.

This I see as kind of the true essence of the MIB/Jacob debate–Jacob pushed that people, in times of crisis, will ultimately do what is right. MIB on the otherhand, while not EVIL persay, believes that good is not so inherent, and that selfishness is the ultimate drive. Really, hasn't that been proved time and again on the island? Team MIB!

March 31, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Sean

Vincent was shown to be living with Rose and Bernard back in I think s5. They ran into them during the flashes through time. If I recall correctly, thier house they built was discovered as the old cabin in the early seasons, or at least thats how I took it when they showed it. They built that farm in the "past" and that ends up as "jacobs cabin" that christian was in? right?

March 31, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  64. jt

if this has a biblical subtext...Job and other stories, shouldn't Jin the fisherman carry the day?

March 31, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  65. LAURA

What has happen to the dog that we saw in so many episodes????

March 31, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  66. rzanerutledge

I disagree. Line of the night had to be Sawyer's: "No, 'cause that'd be ridiculous."

March 31, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Pam

I haven't gotten through all the posts just yet – but I was curious about one thing. Everyone has been worked up about "flaws" in the flash sideways of other characters. I hadn't really noticed any, and just figured that their lives would have been different had Jacob not touched them earlier in life. But Sun/Jin was different. We had been shown that they had been touched at their WEDDING. In the flash sideways, they were not married. This is a "flaw" if the flash sideways is supposed to be what their livese would be like without Jacob – so perhaps the flash sideways is something different, and not really what we think it is?

March 31, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Darrell

Just to kinda stir another angle; has anyone else considered that maybe Sun's language problem didn't come from the blow to her head? What happened to MIB/Locke who was chasing her between the time she fell and Ben found her? Could MIB have touched her to keep her from passing on too much information?

March 31, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Cassi

I do not believe FLocke is evil. He told Sun he wasn't going to hurt her or force her to come and he meant it. His stressing of free will and events that have been happened in recent episodes are making me think he is the "good." He is encouraging people on the island to make choices based on their own free will rather than using fear, what ifs, and manipulation as is done with the other "leaders" we see, i.e. Richard, jacob, Jack, Widmore.... Rather than having faith in FLocke and going with him to see Jin, she fled in fear and missed an opportunity to be reunited. Sort of like when Richard killed the doctor after learning his wife had died he fled in fear and in turn he is forever tied to this island and cycle.

March 31, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Tim

Correction – Sayid wasn't sent to destroy whoever the "package" was. He was sent to find out who it was. Remember, Locke said "I don't like secrets".

March 31, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Craig

@ Joe S – he may have already started doing that. Remember his appearance/disappearance on the plane in LA X?

March 31, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Joe S

Who is the one person who is able to consolidate two alternate realities?

Who has done it before?

Desmond.

Clearly he will be used to flash between sideways universes and consolidate things.

March 31, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  73. RHBD Productions

jane wrote: "I love this season of LOST! I think they will keep surprising until the very end. Still have not figured out who the evil/good person is between Jacob and the The Man in Black/Locke – we may be surprised yet."

I think it's pretty clear that MIB/Locke is evil. His actions certainly support that conclusion. What I think is not clear is whether or not Jacob is "good." It's possible that he is also evil, and it's just two evil people fighting each other.

March 31, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  74. lastlap

Regarding Desmond- the last time we saw him in the "real" timeline he was in hospital being treated for the gunshot wound he received from Ben. Widmore and Hawking were shown outside the hospital. I imagine Widmore kidnapped Des from the hospital, leaving Penny and Charlie wondering what happened to him. I think Sayid is having a change of heart. Anti-locke sent him to destroy whoever was on the sub, and it wouldn't have taken much for Sayid to overpower Zoe and Seamus. He definitely regonized Desmond and had worked closely with him on the freighter, developing a friendship. I'm certainly pulling for Sayid's redemption.

March 31, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Brandon

last nights episode was more about plots of minor characters, which should have been adressed earleir on but did make for an interetsting epiosde. I still think that the flash side-ways are questionable in the sense that they really do not apply to the "real time" events on the island and if they did not have the flash sideways, they could probably make the real time more interetsing and answer more questions.

If the islnad is a gateway to hell then why has good come about from it? Like Locke walking again. Maybe the island has chosen Locke for a reason to be "Smokey" and gave him a gift to help persuade him.

Where is Charlie?

Final episode, Jack and Locke in good vs evil.

March 31, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  76. cassie

Last night's episode was a let down to me. With so little time left I was sure hoping for more. I still have so many questions & so little time to get them answered !

March 31, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  77. Scott T.

In the previous weeks, they would show the prior week's episode with text explaining what was going on. Then they would show the new episode. Did ABC show the recap at a different time period or just skip it this week ?

March 31, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  78. JJ

CORRECTION "a wise man once said war was coming to this island."

March 31, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  79. Bill B.

I've never missed an episode and I will miss it when it's gone, but I don't think half of it will ever make sense. I thought last night's show was a bore and had a hard time concentrating on it, but I've never thought Sun and Jin were very interesting characters anyway. The show is best when it concentrates on the principle characters of Jack, Sawyer, Kate & Locke. Can't believe there are only six shows left, which is one of the reasons I thought last night's episode was such a disappointment. There's no time left for a wasted episode. Regarding the very annoying V symbol and the even more annoying clock ticking down, I thought it was an insult to this show to be constantly promoting another. I could have understood them doing it for maybe the last 5 or 10 minutes, but from the start?! I was so put off by it, I didn't watch V, but I sort of gave up on it anyway due to the miserable way they've been handling it. Four episodes and it's gone for months. Please. It wasn't bad as I recall and while I really like Mitchell, I hated the bland and untalented actor who plays the incredibly stupid character of her son. The girl who plays Anna's daughter was not much better either. It's going to be cancelled anyway. Here's hoping that the next 6 Lost episodes are fantastic ones.

March 31, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  80. Erynn

Agree on the line of the night – laughed out loud at that one.

I think Widmore has been hard on Desmond since day one because he knew he had a role to play on the island and didn't want Penny involved.

Also – I think there will be many things that aren't fully explained – for instance, why women couldn't complete full-term pregnancy's and have healthy babies on the island. But I don't know that they have to explain every little detail.

I just want to know what the flash-sideways are all about, and what Juliette meant when she said the bomb worked?

March 31, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  81. lastlap

Forever Lost- Walt and Eko's disappearance had less to do with plot lines than practical concerns. Walt could be put down to poor planning by the writers, who didn't think about the fact that a young boy would grow faster than the approx. 3mos. the first four seasons took place. As for Eko, the actor who played him wanted to leave (I've heard he didn't like Hawaii or that he had a skin condition that was aggravated by the weather there). So unless they wanted to recast the parts there was very little the writers could do. And given the tempest in a teapot that was stirred up when a different actor played Walt in silhouette during one of Michaels's flashbacks that probably wouldn't have placated the fans either.

March 31, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  82. JJ

What are the chances Smokey Locke and Whidmore could end up tagteaming? Maybe destroying an outside electromagnetism pockets could help Man In Black leave the island. When they met face to face last night Locke said "a was man once said war was coming to this island." Didn't Whidmore tell Locke that was the case off the island? I know this theory is unlikely, however I'm trying to understand and eventual team of Jacob's people and Whidmore's people, because Jacob told Hurley "someone bad is coming to the island" (Whidmore). Thoughts?

March 31, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  83. Jennifer

I wonder if the timelines came together a bit when Sun hit her head? She couldn't speak English in the alt timeline.

March 31, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  84. Lauren

FYI
    This is from a study (University of Udine, Udine, Italy) on aphasia in bilingual patients:
    "In some cases, aphasia affects only one of the languages known by the patient."

And if you look up aphasia in Wikipedia, yes you have an inability to speak but still be able to comprehend and write that language.

March 31, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  85. jem0276

We all know the seires finally will be a two hour ( or 1hr45min with commercials) special so Im sure like any MOVIE they willbe able to wrap it all up in a neat little bundle. Still I am a bit sad Walt never came back. Would have been a great plotline...Walt VS. Locke(MIB) for suppremacy of the island.

March 31, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  86. Craig

Oh, and yes. Trauma to the head can cause unusual language problems. Although this is usually due to a blow to the side of the head, that is a minor discrepancy. The area of the brain that controls speech is located in a different are than where your ability to write. Look at studies of people with traumatic brain injuries and language. It all fits (at least well enough for a TV show). It's not as far fetched as it appears.

March 31, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  87. jane

Also – different parts of the brain process speaking and writing – though they are close. Losing speech but not writing is not totally out of line.

March 31, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  88. jane

I love this season of LOST! I think they will keep surprising until the very end. Still have not figured out who the evil/good person is between Jacob and the The Man in Black/Locke – we may be surprised yet. I am interested how widmore fits in.

March 31, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  89. Tinaw

To those that feel it is so ridiculous that you hit your head and cant speak English: But a smoke monster is feasible? Come on people, it's a fantasy show!

March 31, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  90. Craig

Desmond is critical because of his unique ability to move his consciousness through time. He has also exhibited the ability to somewhat predict future events with his "flashes". Sayid is not his constant as someone suggested, it is Penny. How he plays into this "war" is the mystery.

According to spoiler lore, Walt, Faraday, Eko and Charlie will all show up again before it's over.

I agree, it seems to be moving VERY VERY slowly. I was expecting a faster pace like the last two seasons. I feel like someone has slammed on the brakes.

March 31, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  91. sharon

GREAT EPISODE!!! It showed how Strong Sun really is. Syid said he feels nothing to "Smokey" So even though Syid is "alive" he is Dead inside. Sun only speaking Korean was great, when she stood up to Richard that she was not going to leave, HE UNDERSOOD EVERY WORD! And Richard is now ready to "get rid of Smokey". Interesting trying to figure out the "SIX" Smokey needs to leave the Island. Jack, Hurley, Sun, Syid, Desmond and Kate. All Six who left (although Aaron replaced Desmond) in the "public" as Desmond stayed with Penny. This will be awesome once the "CORE" get together, that being, Jack, Hurley, Sawyer, Desmond, Jin, Sun, Kate, and Syid. Great Battle to come!!

March 31, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  92. Scott

Mikhail also speaks 9 languages according to Keamy.

March 31, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  93. HollyP

RE the bump on the head, it may be that different parts of the brain process writing vs. speaking. NPR's show Radiolab is running an ep about people who can no longer recognize loved ones when they *see* them, but recognize the person's voice when they hear them on the telephone. There is a disconnect between eye-brain but not ear-brain. There may be something analagous with speak/writing.

MIB does not need Kate. He's keeping her to lure Jack (and the others following Jack), and as bait to keep Claire in line.

Was it me, or did Sayid look like he felt something when he recognized Desmond?

March 31, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  94. Sean

Tyler, he did, in the other time line. You have to remember what happend in the "real" time line is not whats going on in these flash sideways. Keany was on the boat in season 4, but in this time alt-time line hes a gangster hit man.

March 31, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  95. Tyler

The whole freezer scene threw me....apparently Sun's Father was paying Keamy to kill Jin for "getting with the boss' daughter." Well the whole reason Jin was working for her father was because that was the agreement they came to after he went to ask for his permission to marry her.

They seemed to forget about that little bit of story and made it sound like Jin went behind her father's back to be with Sun.

March 31, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  96. Third_Island

Will they ever explain why Charlie didn't swim out of the window at the end of season 3? Also, who was this Ann Arbor woman that Faraday was with in Season 5?

March 31, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  97. RHBD Productions

John wrote: "Good summary but Lapidus (again) had the best line of the night....

Miles: "She hits her head and forgets English – we're supposed to buy that?"
    Lapidus: "Ask(s) the man who communes with the dead....""

I agree, that was good. When you also throw in the conversation between Locke and Sawyer (Locke (paraphrasing): I can't just fly over the water. Sawyer: Yeah, THAT would be ridiculous.), it almost seems like the writers are throwing people a little bone that some of this show has gotten a little, um, silly.

March 31, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  98. Sean

"forever lost"

You got to remember the actors are people too. I read somewhere a few actors were fired for issues in RL so written off. I also read on a wiki that the actor who plays Eko did not like living in HI and wanted out of the show so he could move out. (I also read back during s3 that the producers said they hope they can get Eko to come back for the final season. Looks like they could not huh!) So not everything is the writters fault, its not "sloppy writing" when you got a show that spans 6 years. Not everyone who signed up at the start may have wanted to be part of a long running show. You people and your nit-picking.

With that said, great episode. I liked the exchange with widmore and smoky at the new pylons, when he said he only knows the little of him from legends and myths and whispers in the jungle. smoky may encompass all these old myths and tall tales from human history, be it biblical or greek gods, he goes back through out time and is spoken about through out history in many many forms.

March 31, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  99. Adam

To all you people who think we should have all the answers now... wouldn't that kinda negate the need for a series finale???? Relax... we'll get answers.

I, for one, like how they just keep dangling the carrot far enough in front to keep me on the edge of my seat week to week. Just when I think I have something figured out, something comes along to give just a little bit of doubt to that theory.

Awesome episode! Awesome show!

March 31, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  100. The Evil Marshall D

Easter. I wonder if Jacob will rise again next week.

March 31, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  101. al

In all honesty, once i found out it was a jin/sun episode, i knew it was going to be disappointing. the only good scene was the one with keamey and jin in the restaurant.

March 31, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  102. K.Thomas

Looks like things are really gearing up for the big finale. My sister, Bette, and I call each other during each commercial break to discuss our personal theories. I win the prize for guessing who the "package" was. She was quite sure it was Walt (because of his special gift that John Locke told him he had from Season One when they would play chess). Still can't figure out why Widmore would want to have Desmond as his bargaining ploy, but I'm sure with only six episodes left it won't take long to find out..........Can't wait for next week's recap. Sure do enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on the plot. See ya next week...............Oh, by the way, have a Happy Easter everyone.........

March 31, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  103. Eric B

My theory is that Desmond has also turned into a smoke monster from his exposure to radiation when the hatch exploded. Next week is a Desmond centric episode so we will see. Basically, we know the island has a ton of electromagnetisism that is of interest to Widmore. We've also seen that the black smoke is highly charged with this electromagnetisism when it was circulating through the Black Rock two episodes ago. In addition, the Black Smoke is kept away by some kind of electromagnetisism pilons.

The island has this mysterious matter. It is hiden under the island. Jin has mapped it out when he was with Dharma. Its this electromagnetisism that causes strange things. Likely Jacob and the man in black were exposed to this mysterious matter in some way a long time ago OR perhaps the electromagnetisism just can't be explained. Widmore upon seeing the man in black (Locke) couldnt seem to explain it himself. He refferred to the Man in Black as some kind of a ghost story.

March 31, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  104. David

My burning question now is how does Charles Whitmore fit into this? I know he was on the isalnd before, but why does he feel it is up to him to stop the man in black? Is a flash sideways for him in the works? Or maybe i dont remember... anyone??

March 31, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  105. LanceG

nothoer AWFUL episode

Honestly, I think the writers are just screwing with us. They know it's the final season, they're not going to get any new viewers, and the ones who stuck with the show this long aren't going anywhere, so they're just throwing crazy stuff in to mess with us. Hitting your head removes your ability to speak english? What?

And another pointless flash sideways. My desire to know anything about Sun or Jin is approach benthic levels, it's almost Kate-esque. No one gives a whoot about that. We given you 5 yars of out lives, writers, we would appreciate a LITTLE payoff for the investment,

March 31, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  106. teresa

Lost is played by real life actors. Sometimes they don't want to be on the show anymore, as in Charlie and Echo. Walt is probably 6 feet tall now. Not the little boy we remember. So as the six years went by, the writers and producers had to go with the flow and make changes when actors left or changed or got arrested for drunk driving! I'm happy with the actors left on the show. They are all fantastic at portraying their characters. I love Lost. Nothing ruins it for me, except, as noted before, the stupid V in the corner of the screen!

March 31, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  107. I H8te Lost But I Used To Love It

I was so geeked about last nights show but about 15 minutes into it a Miley Cirus song popped into my head and I had to rewind Lost to catch what I missed. 10 minutes later I was "nodding my head like yeah, moving my hips like yeah" and I had to rewind Lost again to catch what I missed. This repeated until Lost went off at which point I just gave up because Lost was sooo stoopid and boring that it couldn't keep a silly Miley Cirus song out of my head. That being said I didn't read the recap above, I don't remember what happened at the end of Lost and I pretty much don't care because it was such a let down from last weeks episode.

March 31, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  108. Wes Q.

Decent episode, but nothing groundbreaking. I too am beginning to realize that a lot of my burning questions will probably never be answered, there just isn't enough time. I am, however, interested to see what the point of all these flash-sideways are. BTW, was anyone else as annoyed at me that that big "V" was up on the screen the entire episode? ABC should leave us Lost fans alone and not try to shove their next big show down our throats.

March 31, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  109. The Evil Marshall D

Where's the "Anything Box" Ben referred two a couple of seasons ago? Is the Hurley Bird in it along with whoever was dropping that Dharma food from Henry Gale's balloon, who was buried in the grave that Sayid dug up before he tortured Ben in the jail that Jack built?

March 31, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  110. John

Good summary but Lapidus (again) had the best line of the night....

Miles: "She hits her head and forgets English – we're supposed to buy that?"
    Lapidus: "Ask the man who communes with the dead...."

March 31, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  111. Rodney

I have watched every episode of Lost, and I feel the show's last season is going to be a big dissapointment. Unless they have alot more to be seen in the remaining episodes. Just not enough answers about the island for me.

March 31, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  112. forever lost

The writers went to such great lengths to make Walt an integral part of the story line in the first two seasons. He wasn't just an integral part, he was a KEY part of the first two seasons. Heck, the first season ended in a cliff-hanger with the Others taking him off the raft, and set in motion the whole set of events that eventually lead to Jack, Sawyer, and Kate being taken by the Others. None of this happens without Walt. Now they want to act as if Walt simply doesn't exist, as if he were never part of the story? Or how about Eko, and all the mythology surrounding his character, that doesn't matter anymore. I don't understand how so many people can simply accept such sloppy storytelling. This isn't about "small details" – this is about dropping KEY PLOT LINES.

March 31, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  113. dom

good enough episode, did not disappoint... Really like Sun as a character but she's been given nothing to play with this season until this episode...

The whole "can't speak English cuz i bump my head" thing was kinda pushing it though...

March 31, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  114. al

In hindsight, not a bad episode, however the big red "V" in the corner was very distracting.

March 31, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  115. veronica

I wonder what ever happened to Rose and Bernard. If I remember correctly the last time we saw them, they had some "farm" on the island. How can everyone be walking around the island and not run into them? I was believing the MIB may not have been the bad guy until his comment to Claire about how after they get on the plane whatever happens, happens.

March 31, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  116. johnny mack

glad to see dharma re enter the picture, as well as desmond. next week should be very interesting. i for one couldnt give a crap less about small details and all of these so called "questions" that will never be answered and if you people are still holding out for every mystery to be answered, you will be dissapointed, Damon has said in plenty of interviews that some things are and were meant to never be answered. the series finale will be brilliant regardless.

March 31, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  117. Regis

I thought as well that walt would be "The Package"...maybe he still is. I also think that Desmond is possibly Sayid's constant and may awaken him from that daze.

Also if the names in the cave are the remaining candidates, why does MIB need them to to 'leave'; why doesn't he just take them out one by one. I guess in later episode they may flashback and explain a little more about the candidates (given so many have come and gone).

I think that our sense of good and evil will be turned on its head at some point in the next 5 plus weeks. Really would like to see Ecko return too, btw.

March 31, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  118. fRIEDmEGG

Great episode. I wonder if they are going to explode one of the electro-magnetic areas with Desmond around to send him back in time. This way, he does not stop pushing the button. The flight never crashes, and MIB has no chance to leave the Island

March 31, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  119. Keith

"And now it's clear that he must recruit the candidates to come with him in order to leave."

We don't know that he NEEDS them to leave. I suspect he only WANTS to take them with him. I suspect he can't kill them himself but he also can't allow them to replace Jacob. So his best solution is to win them over and take them with him.

March 31, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |