March 31st, 2010

'Idol' elimination night begins with a 'Clash'

testing captions
testing captions

I wonder if Tim Urban will end up in the bottom three again tonight. He really needs to just go and stand there at the beginning of each elimination night.

"Clash of the Titans" and "Idol?" WTH?? This opening is crazy!

Who had the idea to start the show weaving in a commercial for a movie and the contestants? Insane.

Here we go.

Post by:
Filed under: American Idol 2010

1. zdmotyka

I thought it was pretty funny that Ellen made a comment about Tim Urban's eyes that he looked like "He was trying to sneak into a bedroom." He does have a stare that is wierd...kinda creepy.

He'll be next to go...hopefully.

April 2, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. zdmotyka

I really like Crystal Boxersox; she is so geniune with a natural beautiful voice.

I thought P Diddy performace was much better than Usher's.

I love American Idol that truly is missing Paula....

April 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MARC

TIM's next 2go.

April 2, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Just A Thought

@ Gilles Brunet From Canada – I'd think Obama was great to if I lived in Canada!

April 2, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. michelle

Also, whats with getting rid of all the girls, a guy needed to go this week. I dont care how bad you thought didi was i thought she did good. I felt bad for her. please peopple quit voting for the guys, i do not wanna see a guy in the finale.

April 2, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Gilles Brunet From Canada

Boy oh Boy am i impressed with some of you....Every time something comes up thats original,smart,and innovative,some of you have to find a way to bash it down.First it was Oprah (best person in the world),then its Obama ( second best person in the worl)Now its American Idol...Best Innovative and Eventfull program in the world.Can you not take something and sherrish it just for what it is..An uplifthing and joyfull event and leave it at that..Why always do you have to put it down and try to destroy it,,,, You see these yong peaple start nervous and terrified and in less tha 3 months become great singers ...This is great..the world needs this entertainment in these trouble times..

April 2, 2010 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. nono

As for the colors, navy blue, matte white and grays are the ones to go for.

April 1, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. CONANDO

thank you rhonda...showdogmom has been putting cyrstal down from the get-go......dont get it, do you?....major shortcomings im sure..probably raises pit bulls

April 1, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dave ing

Pdiddy was terrible. u can tell his knees hurt and he is burnt out

April 1, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Just A Thought

Go Tim, anyone that can laugh at the judges the way he does and get away with it simply because they have no choice is awesome! Maybe he's just laughing at his situation and enjoying the ride as he says – either way it's pretty funny! Now he has officially made it past Sanjiya's previous run!

April 1, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. nessa99

The opening wasnt that bad but what was horrible was the performances by usher and "diddy" I mean come on! i was SO embarassed for diddy especially because he was just running around saying- hello good morning. haha. i mean seriously he was so rediculas. and usher, comeon man u can do better!

I mean seriously that was painful to watch..i would rather watch the worst of the top 9 perform again.

April 1, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joy Zerba

I'm with Simon....IDOL has become too formulated...if you were blind and listening to the show it would seem to be a repeat. I bet a lot of the public is getting tired of it. I'll watch Simon's new show.

April 1, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bob

They still are NOT rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 1, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ralph

Thought this was a singing contest – not a guitar/piano contest. Didi and Tim are normal looking and acting ... no instrument except their voice...no piercings,tatoos or outrageous hair...THAT is American Idol...

April 1, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  15. lauren

I live in Scotland and i have to say, i hate these karaoke shows, that they claim are finding talent.

British are over run with this crap. Myabe idol should go when simon goes. Good bye to bad rubbish.

Now your getting the next lot of rubbish Xfactor. Im sure you will hate that as much as i hate simons karaoke shows

April 1, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  16. rhonda

wow rainverm and dog show mom. pull in the claws. looks have nothing to do with this. singing talent does. not saying crystal is the singing goddess but def better than some on there. just keep voting for who you want to win. but please do it because of vocals and not looks.

April 1, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  17. Quiqui

i think tim will be eliminated

April 1, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  18. Anisa

That was the tackiest moment in Idol history. Seriously, do these people not make enough money?

April 1, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  19. Rainverm

No it's mostly talent issues, people arent going to buy music from butt ugly looking people either.

April 1, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  20. Just A Thought

Rainverm & show dog mom – some how I doubt either of you are quailified or in any position to judge another persons looks! SAD really that looks is your primary concern here!

April 1, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  21. show dog mom

Rainverm: I totally agree with you! Crystal looks like a homeless street junkie, and dresses ike a homeless person's cart.
    AND she's just not that good.

April 1, 2010 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  22. Rainverm

Crystal isn't that good either I dont get her gig and for heavens sake lose the homeless hair style and here is $10 go buy some whitening strips.

Tim...do you really need to stay on the show? Have some ounce of pride and leave instead of being the joke of the show.

March 31, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  23. mozart4898

@ distain and 2fargone – Tim, vocal wise, was not the worst this past week. In fact, he hasn't been the worst any week I've heard. Is he great – no. But he's been better than (recently) Lacey, Paige, and Didi. Never a lot better, but some.

Plus he has the support of a certain site-that-must-not-be-named...

March 31, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  24. 2fargone

my god, how many lives does tim urban have? will all you pimple faced tweens please stop voting for that brady bunch reject.

March 31, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Distain

How long are they going to hold on to TIM URBAN, cuteness doesn 't make the song better

March 31, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  26. mozart4898

Crystal is 24 and grew up less than 10 miles from where I live. I'm 29. I took piano from age 7 until 18 from a woman that lived in a town closer to where we're both from (and then in college too as a college music major). I'm really really wondering if we took from the same teacher. I would have been like 11 when she started and 14 when she stopped taking lessons on piano from the sounds of it...

March 31, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  27. protogere

Ryan's been rather snappy these past few weeks – did you notice during his convo with Ruben he made the little comment 'the Clay-mates will be happy"? Good for Ruben though, he was quick to reply with 'So will the Studdard fans'.

March 31, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  28. michele

well we know casey,mike and crstyal are safe

March 31, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  29. protogere

LoL Mozart. And there is usually a post like an hour before the show, then one as it starts (this one) and usually she starts another one once they actually start start with the spoiler alert. Keyword usually.

March 31, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  30. mozart4898

Lol I keep picking the wrong thread to start posting in during the live shows...

I actually thought the intro was kinda interesting for some reason. Maybe cause I wasn't totally paying attention to it?

March 31, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. michele

lmao lisa no kidding right

March 31, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. protogere

I think they thought they needed to throw up another red flag to warn of the downfall of AI.

March 31, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |