March 31st, 2010

Gerard Butler is finally home

It took Gerard Butler four years before he finally spent the night - in his own home.

The actor and heartthrob said he knew his 3,300-square-foot, two-story loft in New York’s Chelsea district was going to need a lot of work.

“I wanted something elegant and gorgeous and at the same time rather masculine and raw,” Butler said. “I guess I would describe the apartment as bohemian old-world rustic chateau with a taste of baroque.”

Butler will grace Architectural Digest’s May cover. The magazine will feature photos of his pad, which is still not yet complete, as well as his decorating inspirations.

Film designer Elvis Restaino, who helped bring Butler’s complex vision to life, said “We re-created things that came into Gerry's life - from his travels in Europe or even from an old coffee shop in New York.”

Butler’s apartment - furnished with 13-foot-tall mahogany doors, crystal chandeliers and limestone lions - is a place “to retreat and spend time on my own,” he said.

“New York is such a frenetic, crazy city, so I love to use the place for just some peace and quiet.”

Post by:

blwv レイバン 眼鏡 レイバン メガネ レイバン 眼鏡 paul smith 財布 レイバン サングラス yvgp
    レイバン メガネ レイバン 眼鏡 レイバン サングラス paul smith 財布 レイバン 眼鏡 fxnt
    レイバン 眼鏡 レイバン メガネ レイバン サングラス paul smith レイバン サングラス gfqq
    レイバン 眼鏡 レイバン サングラス レイバン paul smith レイバン 眼鏡 adqc
    レイバン レイバン レイバン paul smith バッグ レイバン pycu

yfhz
    tkop ray ban サングラス 店舗 ray ban メガネ 店舗 ray ban メガネ 通販 ポールスミス バッグ 格安 ray ban サングラス アウトレット jfuf
    ray ban サングラス 格安 ray ban メガネ 店舗 ray ban メガネ 新作 ポールスミス バッグ 格安 ray ban 2013 abtf
    ray ban サングラス 通販 ray ban メガネ 2013 ray ban メガネ 通販 ポールスミス バッグ メンズ ray ban 2013 ridi
    ray ban サングラス 通販 ray ban サングラス 新作 ray ban メガネ 激安 ポールスミス バッグ メンズ ray ban 2013 eqos

mfhb

April 10, 2013 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. Check This Out

zJmdYm monster dash fJlqZn http://www.insanityworkoutinstores.us/

June 3, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Clicking Here

With modern day era, they may have insanity workout for sale certainly be a well known sort of jewellery, particularly in African-american cultures having necklaces, necklaces, as well as anklets manufactured from these kind of components. e Feb . 2010 Have you ever heard in the firm receiving 2 types of clients: those that we live among others "shadow" people? With advaced technology, Good hair days Locks Nigeria can realize your desire to easily establish expended direct locks to many old-fashioned insanity workout dvd cheap cleaner doing curls that could produce scalps move. Actually, finding inspiring, different options for any occasion that you think is just the key reason why Lovely http://insanityworkout13dvds.us/ Gourmet Gift Baskets had been started to start with. Bearing this in mind, you will not only have an found body image...you'll get the one that blazes just like a lighthouse lumination word of caution of delivers whilst the unhealthy storm. Some sort of several 1 week span is frequently how long the program can take as well as the lessons comprise just three learners in general to increase one-on-one notice.

June 2, 2012 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kirsten Fontanilla

This is very helpful, but I would really like more information, as well as ancillary facts. Can you propose any additional methods where I might want to look?

August 28, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Contact Paper

i love action movies and my idol is none other than Gerard Butler. this guy really rocks `~"

December 13, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ru

Good actor. Great living space – love all the rustic wood. Personally don't like the furniture. It's not flowing. 2nd picture looks like a shot of a furniture show room

November 17, 2010 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  8. Data Recovery :

both Gerard Butler and Daniel Craig are my idols, they are great actors with strong personality,.;

October 23, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. LED Torch `

Gerard Butler is definitely a macho guy that needs macho roles ,""

October 11, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Emma Hill

i think that gerard butler is one hell of a macho actor.~'

September 6, 2010 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. Finley Mitchell

Gerard Butler is the favorite actor of my sister because he got this macho factor.*~`

July 20, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Abbie Hunt

i love the acting skills of Gerard Butler. he is definitely a great action star.:.`

May 27, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. frannie

I really don't get all the gay remarks...does anybody read the gossip rags? According to all the media he's forever bedding a bevy of beauties of the female gender! As a fan foe a very long time I can tell you the man is not gay! Not that I care anyway ...even if he was he is not only an incredible actor but a very kind and generous human being..it has taken him over 10 years to get where he is today so in my book he's earned the right to buy what he wants, when he wants, and what he likes is his business...If you don't know anything about interior design than you will not appreciate the whole concept of his flat! I think it is warm and cozy and most of all welcoming! To each his own...stop the hate! This man would give you the shirt off his back. You have no idea what a true giver he is!

April 2, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. erbs

im gay. yeah. i think it does look gay. i think that's cute.

April 2, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. Joanna

Hot

April 1, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Gregor Martin

Gerard actually invited me up to his loft to dine....

in hell!

April 1, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. sheppard

Y'all who comment on the place 'looking gay' – makes one wonder.... how do YOU know what a 'gay' place looks like?

I think it's beautiful – and even if I didn't – it ain't my place – it's GButler's and you go guy! Luv ya! I'd say I'm sorry I live so far away on the left coast, but shoot – I'd never meet you anyway... ; )

April 1, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Patty

Looks like the Munster's home!

April 1, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. cheryl

What's up with showing off your materialistic possessions? I can't stand his 'in your face' look @ what I have, while people are suffering, all over the world. These self-absorbed celebrities are in need of a reality check. & posters, don't waste your time quoting dollar amounts of his charitable donations. I don't care. If he can show off like this, he could obviously do more. Yeah, it's his money & he can spend it his way, but there is a such thing as respect-& that's a lot more important than his gaudy taste.

April 1, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Melody

It looks perfect.
    It is his home and if it works for him that is all that really matters... right? I can't believe there are so many critics on this, it is his style.
    I say relax and enjoy.

April 1, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. David in Houston

It looks a little too themed... like the Disney Jungle Cruise exploded in his house.

April 1, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Trey

Whatever

April 1, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Gerard Butler 1

Hey thanks for all the comments. I'm so grateful for all of my fans. You all are welcome to my place any time. Cheers!

-Gerard

April 1, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heidi

Great taste Gerry! Love the home, May all your fantasy's come true there!
      I think you are a great actor and have enjoyed all your work! Thanks for the awsome entertainment!

July 30, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dakota Jones

Shut up hobo bag. He's not gay!

April 1, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  25. natalie

Typical gay bachelor pad. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

April 1, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  26. sara chernobel

Mr. B why don't you come over to my place and check out the surroundings. john: shut the eff up

April 1, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  27. lindsay baffo

Shut up ho

April 1, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. adam buchbaum

Mr. B you one fly sugardaddy

April 1, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. usa

Good Taste, well done you gorgeous hunk of male

April 1, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  30. AshannaK

Okay, so it ain't Sparta. Who cares? If you've got the money,
    enjoy. Mr. B apparently has the money. And, from what I've
    seen, he's also got good taste.

April 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  31. John

Hey girls, I'm just like him. Except not rich and maybe not as good looking.

April 1, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Chuck Daniel

His best work was Atilla. Hey Girard if you read this.....way to go man.

April 1, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  33. medusa

sounds/looks kind of Gay?

April 1, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Dee

I am so glad he has style!! Call me babe!

April 1, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Wendy

Looks like a display room from Rooms 2 Go. I like an open floor plan but a wall here and there wouldn't hurt.

April 1, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  36. cheryl buchanan

This looks like a huge waste of money...& I don't care how much he has now, there will come a day when his accountant has run off with all of his money, or he goes broke from bad investments, or some addiction has bled him dry. Then, he'll lose this place because of back taxes. Hollywood celebrities are all the same...live to impress RIGHT NOW.

April 1, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Nancy

Looks a little like a hotel lobby. Too many chair groupings. I guess if you're having a bunch of guests it's a nice area to party!

April 1, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  38. alex

Isn't Chelsea a gay neiborhood?

April 1, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Phyllis Scott

Beautiful. I'm gonna be in Ny in Nov. Do you need an apt. sitter?

April 1, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Ethan

Mary,

And I will gladly share a bedroom with your daughter. I am in NC :)

April 1, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Helen

This is so gaudy – why on earth has it taken 3 years to find all that mismatched junk and throw it in together, with a designer no less. Gerard, please do not recomment this dude to anybody. Hire somebody else and do a complete makeover.

April 1, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Bogotabye

Let me get this straight, Mary from North Carolina, you're offering your 30-yr-old daughter to live with a man, actor to be more specific? Who let you have children?

April 1, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Michael

Very beautiful place just like him!!! Would love to roll around that big bed with him!!!

April 1, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  44. rita

I like the skating rink in the middle. This mixture of old things with brand new glitzy things is always stunning. I want his interior decorator's number – and his.

April 1, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Sinky

It looks like a furniture store, very impersonal. A nice display of his new wealth, though.

April 1, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Carrie

The loft looks really terrific. Just my kind of place. I and my four cats would be very happy there. Maybe the next time I am able to spend a long weekend in NY, I may get a chance to walk past him and be able to just say "hello and thank you".

April 1, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Carrie

Personally, I have thoroughly enjoyed every movie I have seen Mr. Butler in. All movies show his extensive acting ability along with his wondering singing voice. As for all the "gay" comments/innuendos, whether he is or not, is none of anyone's business. I watch his movies for his talent (gorgeous face included), not what he does in his "personal, private" life.

Too many of you need to get a life and find more important issues to worry about.

April 1, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  48. cindy

For those of you who can't get enough of Scotland's finest, check out Gerard in "Timeline", based on the Michael Crichton novel. Critics agreed he was definitely the best thing about an otherwise awful movie. Just try to take your eyes off him. The "hottest" phantom I've ever seen as well. Don't know of "Herself" is listening, but for any of you familiar with the Diana Gabaldon "Outlander" series of novels, otherwise known as the "Jamie and Claire Saga", he's got my vote to star as Jamie.

April 1, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  49. MC

Where's the television? How is he supposed to watch his fantastic movies without a television? Oh, wait, maybe that's why he doesn't appear to have one. His movies aren't fantastic (see The Ugly Truth for evidence).

April 1, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Deb

Ok...go ahead and hang the Mona Lisa, or part of the Cistine chapel, get RENOIR to do a mural–AIN'T NOTHIN' AS GORGEOUS or decorates the place ANY BETTER THAN THAT HUNK GERARD BUTLER. Without a DOUBT, the hottest man that ever drew a breath.

April 1, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  51. mike

actors are overpaid duds. we pay too much to see bad movies like bounty hunter because we gotta pay bad actors like this and whats her name too much. He'll lose it in a divorce.

April 1, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Erik

Please tell me this was featured in Architectural Digest in the early Nineties!
    This is already so horribly outdated & trite I cannot find words to express how awful it is. With such a great raw space & what I would assume would be a rather liberal budget, this could have been an amazing space.
    What he got, however, is more of a Neiman Marcus catalog shot from 1992.
    Sad, really.

April 1, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  53. AJ

Nice joint.

April 1, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jaki

Looks like a department store. Anything for sale?

April 1, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  55. mrose61

Gerry is a man's man and a ladies man. His new home reflects so many of the things we love about him...warm, masculine, and charming with a sense of humour. Real.
    Many blessings to you and yours with your New York residence. Looking forward to seeing more of your work! Love and best wishes from the Midwest.

April 1, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  56. Sarah

I would look SO good in this apartment with you Gerard!! :)

April 1, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  57. Elisa

It looks beautiful. I am free to move in any day.

April 1, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  58. NYC resident

WISH THERE WERE MORE MEN LIKE HIM IN THE WORLD!!!!! He's a real winner. Not many around like him unfortunately!

April 1, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  59. NYC resident

WISH THERE WERE MORE MEN LIKE HIM IN THE WORLD!!!!! He's a real winner. Not many around like him unfortuately!

April 1, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  60. Mary Michael

Elegant yet rustic cozy....well done Gerard's designer! If I were 20 years younger (sigh).... He makes me smile......an amazing man he is. I've even watched Nim's Island and PS I love you mutiple times. Unheard of for me!

April 1, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  61. Rennie Clegg

Absolutely beautiful. What's missing? The rolling, ragged hills and picturesque ruins of Scotland as a view out your window. Fortunately you can return home to see those things. One day I'll see the homeland of my family Ross and hear that wonderfully spoken accent I enjoy so much in your movies and interviews. Cheers!

April 1, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  62. Jamie

Can I do you on one of those sofas?

April 1, 2010 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  63. Bernie

People are just ridiculous!! No one cares what your tastes are!! This is his home and it does not matter what you think. What matters is that HE feels comfortable there!!

I don't understand why so many people are coming down on him for about the space. Many of you live in a closet because you can't afford an apartment like that.!! Stop you're whining and move on! Let the man be!!

April 1, 2010 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  64. Chris

NYC' Chelsea neighborhood. The heart of gay Manhattan. Hmmm, if those walls could talk!

April 1, 2010 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  65. Charlie

I love the random eye glasses and open book correctly situated on the bed...

April 1, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  66. Moe

*ssh*l*s are like elbows.... everyone has one.

I like it.

March 31, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  67. fauna

Absolutely gorgeous, just like him!

March 31, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  68. maryanne

wouldn't mind seeing gerry roaming around the house naked! haha!

March 31, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  69. douglas

My 31 year old boyfriend says he'd gladly share his space with him, but I'm not sure I'm really wanting that to happen........

March 31, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Genevieve

It's beautiful. The exposed beams are fabulous! Alan, what do you have against Morans? Ohhhh, you meant morons, perhaps? Ah, well then...

March 31, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Sparky

He was cool til he started making like 26 chickflicks a week

March 31, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Mathew M.

I'm picturing myself.....right there propped up on those blue pillows.

March 31, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  73. swill

That is NOT SPARTA!!!

March 31, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  74. house person

It looks like a furniture store.

March 31, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. ananymous

honestly, not impressed. natural wood is sooo overrated.

March 31, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Bob Lejeskey

This is a reason that they keep raising movie ticket prices. Gotta pay for the expensive tastes of pampered movie stars.

March 31, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Cameron MAnheim

Hey Mary, I'd like to take your daughter into my loft and show her some man meat.

March 31, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Sausage_and_Eggs

When is Ricky Martin moving in?

March 31, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  79. panda

I can't believe you think the loft is "tropical" just because there is 1 palm tree in there. I have to agree with 'thereluctantdad' too... Money can't buy taste.

March 31, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Mitchell

Gerard Butler proves once again why he is, the man. Go Gerard!

March 31, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Mark

Right on Asere, well said.

That out of the way, Gerald Butler is a no talent as* clown.

March 31, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  82. AZDIVINITY

Looks like some of the interiors here in Arizona but this looks more like the loby in a resort than a home with all the open space and rooms without walls.

March 31, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  83. gbfan

I totally agree with 'thereluctantdad'.

March 31, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Todd

Ladies, if you want a real man instead of being star chaser (like Rolling Stones song "Star Star"). I'm available down here in Tampa, FL. I'm a good looking SWM, fit, employed, educated, have a car, and own my own home.

March 31, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  85. mike

Do You need a Butler/Servant?

March 31, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Asere

Can't believe the amount of haters out there! Whether it's your style or not, there is no way on God's green earth that one could say that his loft looks horrendous! All you haters get a grip! I know it sucks to have to go to your 9 to 5(that's if you're one of the lucky ones) everyday, but fight the urge to be mean spirited, envious and hateful.

March 31, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Jody

Well, such a nice, cozy home Mr. Butler. Wouldn't you want to spend it with someone who watched your career blossum since Phantom of the Opera. I love you!!!

March 31, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  88. John

I know this comes off as jealous, but the truth is, it is. I am a Lieutenant on a fire department making about $42,000 a year. I have over 15 years of service and in 2006 was foreclosed on.

Enjoy your home that you "finally" got to spend a night in.

March 31, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • N

John – Sorry you got foreclosed on. Unfortunately society doesn't reward according to value. But we appreciate all that you and the fire department do for us. True heroes in my book!

PS: we girls LOVE firemen. <3

November 5, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  89. Krystal

HELLO! He is from Europe and this is very old world culture. I think it is classic and elegant but then, so is he.

March 31, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  90. smitty

i must have clicked on the wrong site.i thought cnn was a news network.not some hollywood gossip crap,lifestyles of the rich and famous and such.my bad!

March 31, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Tammy

Looks warm, inviting....when can my cats and I move in ??

March 31, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  92. ali

what a waste. how many millions spent? on a house he'll barely live in? children sleep hungry and dying around the world because so much wealth is held up in useless media such as this.

March 31, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Patrick

I like the scripts strewn across the bed, as if they were trying to hint that he actually reads them before he makes a movie.

March 31, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Josh

This guy obvioiusly loves the c*ck!

March 31, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Kathryn M.

it's all very attractive but it does remind me of a hotel lobby

March 31, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Bob Carlyle

I wouldn't live there if you paid me.

March 31, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  97. LT

I agree with the others.... it doesn't matter what you think, It's called an "opinion" for a reason. If we all liked the same stuff think how boring this world would be. Haters!!! I think it's awesome, and if you got the money make it how you like it.

March 31, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  98. sandie

You have come a long way, from living in Paisley to a NYC loft I say congratulations to you, from a fellow Scot who has lived in California for 28 years

March 31, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  99. eco

he is soooo freakin handsome!!!!! his accent just makes me drool i would totally not mind spending the night in this fabulous place, cuddling in his arms..call me honey anytime anywhere ill be there..
    P.S. I LOVE YOU..haha

March 31, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  100. capiers

I think its hilarious when people say things like "not really my style" or "not what I would've have done".. Who cares what other people like or dislike, all that matters is what he likes.

Everyone is a critic.

March 31, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  101. eco

nice apt.

March 31, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Theo

This looks like a mix of Spanish wood and chandeliers ala Pipas off Union Square, Greek columns -not the austere type- and rustic German kitchen area. And the hats behind the door must be a retro/Italian touch and the library English. I'd call it neo-baroque.

March 31, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  103. leavemealone

this looks like a stage in a theater or something too many freaking chairs and lamps just hanging out by themselves. also reminds me of a floor from crate and barrel or something a woman would peice together cause she is trying to sell all of it. def doesnt look like a guy lives there. cool lighting though and photo. and yeah its way better than anything I'll ever have. thanks for letting us comment CNN.

March 31, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  104. its me

It has the look of a hotel lobby.

March 31, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  105. shelley

Your loft is absolutely spectacular. It would be a place where anyone could live comfortably. I love it.

March 31, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  106. gary

hmmmmmm, Chelsea. Hmmmmmmm.

March 31, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  107. RWK

Prefer my pad, sorry not my taste big man.

March 31, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Jan

Eclectric and artsy, romantic and old world...LOVE it! But, heard he is never HERE. He travels all the time and is in LA most of the time. And says he actually prefers his home Scotland. Bet this place is empty most of the time and he is here only a couple months added up over the entire year. What a waste to have a place that gorgeous and rarely there. Heck, give me the key, I'll stay there and take care of the place and keep it clean and safe. Much better than my tiny one bedroom with no real kitchen and no view. These celebs spoil themselves and I don't think they even appreciate it.

March 31, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Gaz

I like his movies but not his taste!
    Way too open and it just looks like a gay version of the Hemingway collection.

March 31, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Alissa

If you were given an Awesome place like his, you would take it right? If this place was yours you would decorate it however you please, right? Well, that is exactly how Gerard pleases himself not you or other readers who "hate" to hate someone with more money and fame. Trust me this place was not given to him for free so with money and decorators can make any place comfy. You are all idiots! He seems like an awesome human being! He worked hard for it and it's worth it!

March 31, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  111. JRockH808

Nice pad, would be a nice place to smoke some bongloads and watch the view.

March 31, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Dart

Liberace meets Pottery Barn....can't say I hate it. He is his own cup of tea.

March 31, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Nikki

What ever happened to manners??

March 31, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Kristine

Home is where we get to be who we are!! Sleep good! See you soon!

Ta Ta,
    Kristine

March 31, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Dave in Connecticut

Sandra Bullock and Gerard would make a cute couple, don't you think?

March 31, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Suzanne

Its amazing. Great colors and a very modern yet coastal feeling. I love the wood. Good taste. Very good taste.

March 31, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Tony V

Geez i guess some guys DO get dealt all the Aces, good for him...

This is SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

March 31, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  118. arnaud

3 years to do that????? u must be kidding...this is so plain, boring and un-inspirational....it looks like a photo set for Pottery Barn!!!

March 31, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Melissa

Gorgeous place.

March 31, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Miles

He could have done much more with the property. As it is now, it looks like the showroom floor of a furniture store.

March 31, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Helene

All those who claim it's not for you or it's ugly.. well that's why you don't live there. It's his taste and what he likes. I'm sure you homes aren't conducive to my liking either but there is no reason to be rude about it.

Using items that look lived in and roughed up make him feel comfortable and that's a style he chooses to live in.

March 31, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Joie

I don't think that starving children in Harlem really have anything to do with his decorating his home. Many "famous" folks do a lot of donating of their money behind the scenes. It just makes you sound extremely jealous or bitter.

His home is lovely. It may not be mine or your specific style, but it is beautiful nonetheless. How much time or money he spent on it is really none of our concern to be honest.

I think he is an extremely attractive man...and now a days a good looking man WITH a job? Really? I can't think of anything better!

March 31, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  123. diane small

Your loft is beautiful! Make sure you have a comfortable couch for your girlfriend and her dogs. I also like that you have live plants. Very masculine look with a hint of feminity. Enjoy.

March 31, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Leduche

How gay.

March 31, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Tucson Tonya

Two words – WHO CARES???? He is a noboby that people have paid big bucks to for no reason. Will he be remembered when it is all said and done, probably not!

March 31, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Amy

Howdy ya'll...

Why does anybody need such a large space? I'm more content in a 1,000 square feet or less. I may not be too sociable, but I like to spend my time at home reading a book. My place may not be fancy but as long as it makes you comfortable and happy, great.

If you are looking for peace and quietness, you can find that out in the country. I live away from a city...very rural part of Texas. Plus, you get one of the nicest, friendliest, church go-ers, and down-to-earth type of people. You may get some slow drivers but life out here is in no rush.

Well, the ugly truth out of me is that Gerald Butler is very cute and charming. I'd go on a date with him...

March 31, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  127. TC

The kitchen is just beautiful – check out this link: http://www.architecturaldigest.com/homes/features/2010/05/gerard_butler_slideshow#slide=3
    I love his new home!

March 31, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  128. yvonne m

no comment

March 31, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  129. getttes

i absolutely LOVE his place and him. =)

March 31, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Alex

Rock Hudson

March 31, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Jimmy Rigsby

I've heard that Gerard Butler puts a notch on his baroque bedpost for every girl he brings home or man he kills, and there are no less than a dozen notches on there...

March 31, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Sebastian293

You people do get that you are not talking to the guy when you say: "gerard – love the new place"!

Get a freaking life.

March 31, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Amber

ha ha ha ha ha ha.....all of you guys and girls are idiots....GROW UP! who cares what his house is like or what his movies are like. Time to see what kind of a human being he truely is....why do you have to like a person from what kind of movie they make, they are just persuing a personality of the character; not of themselves.

March 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  134. The_Doc

What a bizarre way to decorate an apartment. It looks like an Anthropologie showroom.

March 31, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Phill

Gerard..was the man....in 300....

March 31, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  136. xdempseyx

nice digs, but heck, I would share a hovel with him! HOT HOT HOT!

March 31, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Gayle

Looks like his pad is every Arabic looking. Love the style! :)

March 31, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  138. portiapickle

doesn't he realize there are starving children in harlem? how could he spend this much money on materialistic junk? it will all burn in the firey pits of hades and he too.

March 31, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  139. C.P.

Very tasteful – serene, warm and calming – Hot chocolate comes to mind. Excellent choice of textures and colors. Keep up the good work!

March 31, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Steve

This is Sparta?

March 31, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  141. D

Gerald, you are a muppet. Only a moran would wait so long to get a place ready, learn some time management skills man. You define the phrase "more money than sense".

Says the guy who cannot spell "moron"

March 31, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  142. kms

No offense to anyone, but the IKEA catalog photos look better than this place.

March 31, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  143. D

I am sure there are plenty of people living IN North Carolina that have no clue where it is either....
    (That means you are not smart.)

March 31, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  144. kd

sooo...is he dating jennifer aniston?? anyone see "the bounty hunter"??

March 31, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Armando

damn! you stole my idea.

March 31, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  146. jim

Don't like it? That's why they make cars in so many diffent colors

March 31, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Alan

March 31, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Auralee

Gorgeous Wide open spaces, great woodwork and rustic furniture. Gerard has very good taste.

March 31, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  149. caiaphas

Gerard, LOVE the new place! One detail to touch it up nicely....it needs two spaniels and a cat. Good luck with it.

ciao,
    caiaphas

March 31, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  150. dana

THIS

IS

TAFFETA!!!

March 31, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Carl

I'm in North Carolina. Whats that daughter's phone number? (i'm a good looking southern boy).

March 31, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  152. JaneRochester

A gorgeous place for a gorgeous guy. I hope he gets some time to enjoy it.

March 31, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Jack Naughton

That pad is a "300"!

March 31, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Maria

that took 6,240 hours to complete, for a mere 3,000 sq feet? that's 2.08 hours for 1 man/per sq foot. i assume there were at least 5-10 men.women working there at any given day. my,my, my, with all those hours, they could have done better! lol....

March 31, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  155. jenny

it's seem pretty neat..compared to my little apartment, i always dream what it would be like to live in a place that i can actually be at peace.

March 31, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Steve

The Ugly Truth was, without a doubt, the worst movie I've ever seen. I will never like Gerard Butler for that movie alone

March 31, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Anjelica

Fantastic pad Gerard, will you marry me ;-)

March 31, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Arnold

Pretty cool place, and I'm sure he knows where North Carolina is. Can people stop acting like they think no one's heard of their state?

March 31, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  159. unreal

you people are shallow idiots

March 31, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  160. thereluctantdad

It just goes to show that money can't buy taste. That is the UGLIEST thing I've ever seen.

March 31, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Peter M

I thought working on a movie set is hard enough but living in one? I don't know...

March 31, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Susie

I'm picturing myself.....right there propped up on those blue pillows.

March 31, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Bluetooth

It is like a Tropical Island. It is like you can walk out of the Apartment to a sunny beautiful beach. Having a " place" where you can be at peace is so necessary !

March 31, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  164. tom

Nice to see someone cool (and hot) move into the neighborhood.

March 31, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  165. HollyG

Just an FYI, Gerard is featured in the MAY edition of AD, not April. The May edition of the magazine is supposed to drop on April 6th.

March 31, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Kat

Damn. That's hot, just like him. He seems like a super freak so this place suits him just fine.

March 31, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Mountbyte

It looks nice enough although not really what I would do. It looks like there is a lot of "old" beat up stuff. Not sure if would be a calm place to be. Guess the designers where going for the lived in look.

March 31, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Flex

It is put together well, but not my taste. I've counted conversation pits. That is a bit tacky!

March 31, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  169. larry

really nice interior...loved it.

March 31, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  170. BARBARA BURGESS

IT IS BEAUTIFUL. CONGRADULATIONS. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU.
    WHAT FLOOR IS IT ON ? I CAN NOT STAND BEING IN A VERY TALL BUILDING. GOD BLESS.

March 31, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Dia

i absoultely love him.. & that my friends, is the ugly truth!

March 31, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Mary

NICE!!! I my 30 year old daughter would gladly share it with him. She's a good-looking, southern gal from North Carolina. But he probably doesn't even know where NC is.

March 31, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |