March 31st, 2010

Feeling fine about the new 'Idol' Top 9?

testing captions
testing captions

SPOILER ALERT!!! Tonight's blog entry will reveal the contestant being sent home from "American Idol." Don't read any further if you don't want to know the results.

The Top 10 went for the win, but only nine would survive.

It's starting to get real predictable every week as to who is going home. Pretty much if you are the suckiest of those who suck on performance night, you are out.

I have no qualms about them shipping Didi Benami off tonight. Her performance Tuesday was painful.

Let us know what you thought of the decision and head over to iReport to submit your video question for Didi Benami.

1. Benjamin Lee

Tim Urban's was seriously the MOST EXCRUCIATING and SOULESS performance! A totally no soul performance of a soul classic that only Anita Baker can touch – not even Aretha Franklin can pull a song like that! He ought to have been gone just for picking that song!

April 3, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Alan Henderson

AI is perfect for TIVO. Skip over the commercials and the worthless bantering and the entire show can be seen in about 20 minutes. Perfect.

April 3, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tim is good

Tim has been in tune in all his performances except one, this is simons last year, rumor has it rupaul from drag race is gonna be a judge next year, i think elln should just stick to her talk show dont get me wrong i love ellen but she jsut needs to stick to her show, randy gets on my nerves when goes dude, or the yo yo yo, can't he find a nother word to use, he gets old, and lastly they need Paula back.

April 2, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. SUZY

From what I remember in the beginning they kept praising the girls,now 3 in a row have been eliminated leaving 3. I really like Didi's voice & sad she is already gone, but she was too emotional it was really getting annoying.My faves so far this season are Crystal, Big Mike, Lee, Andrew, & Casey. I hope they make the Top 4. I do have to agree I am really bored compared to previous years, but it is still a guilty pleasure of mine so I won't stop watching & voting. I want to add Tim has got to go. Also why in the world would they choose Miley Cyrus as a Mentor??? Also I love Usher but that performance was absolutely horrible. BTW I love Ellen on the show as a judge & I am tired of the mixed feedback the judges are giving. Finally the Ryan-Simon thing is quite uncomfortable.

April 2, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chris

Ryan Seacrest becomes more ridiculous every year – his mindless banter and bonehead questions are hard to take. Time for a change

April 2, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  6. Peteau10

it looks to me that Idol is on it's last legs. this year has been weird, especially with the way Ryan has been behaving. He should stick to introducing..it is very uncomfortable to watch him try to banter with Simon when he is not in the same league. and pushing himself onto the contestants asking uncomfortable and inappropriate questions. BACK OFF RYAN!

April 2, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. hcwriter

@Claire: There was hoopla in AI in all the PREVIOUS seasons. Don't judge this one horrible season because you don't KNOW about the others!

April 1, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. IDOL 2010fs

Ok , why are guys dissing Tim, atleast he sings in Tune, Didi was horrible this week, Andrew needs to go, cause he is not getting it, Aaron i see him more of a studio singer then a stage singer, Casey did well, mike he is good but seems like i dont know, So who needs to go and katie is next to go.

April 1, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. claire

This is my first year watching AI and I'm wondering what all the hoopla has been about. I can see now that the 12 year old girls of this nation are running the show by leaning on their unlimited texting skills for two hours a week voting for the smiling mopheaded Tim.

I miss the "real" talent shows of the past. I won't "age" myself by naming them, but AI could learn a lot about how to run a talent show by digging a bit into television history.

That said, Crystal is the only true "talent' I see in this show. But even all her stuff sounds the same to me week after week. YAWN.

April 1, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jean

I agree, what is with Ryan? I always thought he was great but this year he is just weird. Is he on something or what? Even Simon turned to Kara
    and said[ what is wrong with him.?] Maybe it is all for show?

April 1, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. king chuck

LEEEEEEEEEE!

April 1, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ralph

I actually don't watch until the end because the sow is too long. I'm getting bored with American Idol REAL quick.

April 1, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kim

Didi didn't deserve to go. She was better than some others. I hope she will continue to pursue her goals.

Best of luck Didi!

April 1, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kassieleigh

OMG. this season is terrible. my favorite three went home. Lilly, Lacey, Didi. Im at the point where i dont wanna watch but im too big of an idol fan to do that. So...lets go Crystal and Katie. :)

April 1, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ai watcher

Didi was way better then TIm. What was america thinking?

April 1, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. texas rock

Geez, everytime I visit a blog, the hateful things being said amaze me.. Anyway.. I really don't watch the show often but I know talent when I see and hear it Crystal is a star in her own right. Someone mentioned she has no real stage presence. I don't agree. She walks on stage & just OWNS it. Week after week she comes out & knocks out her version of some song- week after week she leaves her mark on the listeners.The audience belongs to her while she does what she does. As far as the "ugly" remark.. Come on! Why do u need to say such a thing?! It's never been a requirement for singers 2 be cute. The list of everyday looking performers goes on forever. To have a gift and to groove on doing your thing is IT right? I think it is something we all dream of doing. She is a bit out of step with the "norm" & most greats are... Just a thought from an avid Texas fan.
    Long live rock and roll..

April 1, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Winnie

I hope you will post my first comment, and I hope something is done about the host, like replace him!

April 1, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Winnie

It is time for Ryan to stop needling Simon, his actions are enough to make me stop watching the show. Simon is trying to help the contestants, and all Ryan want to do is be a Smart Behind. I think American Idol needs a new host!!!!!!!!!!!

April 1, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. pete

want to hear some good new rock and roll!

check out the Barstool Saints!

April 1, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Andthepeoplesay...HHHMMM

Anyone notice Teflon Tim looks like the young Kris Kringle from the claymation Chritmas tv shows?? Just darker hair.

April 1, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. IDOL 2010fs

From what I heard this is Simon's Last year and possibly Rupaul is going to be on idol next year, but that is jsut rumor right now, if he is on there its gonna be funny

April 1, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  22. J Wehling

It's quite clear who is going to win this year, so maybe that's why it seems so boring (as compared to other years. although when Carrie Underwood was a contestant it was more interesting even though she was sure to win.).

April 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Brenda Varnedoe

I don't know how Didi lasted this long! The show this year is producing no "real" talent except Siobhan and Crystal – and they aren't enough to keep me devoted – I think it's time for the whole show to say so long – not just Simon (hope he takes Kara with him!).

April 1, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  24. IDOL 2010fs

thank you for bringing that up beke673, i think tim has a msypace music page before he started with Idol. I like Tim personally but he needs to try something more risky, and stop choosing easy songs. He did an awesome job on the Hallejuah song.

April 1, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  25. livingportland

She should have gone long ago. Though, am not too excited about ANY of the contestents this year. None make me want to tune in week to week, unlike last year, when I waited all week to see what Adam would do. Unfortunate,

Agree that 60 minutes is too long, but it's a business and they can easily sell the ad space at a high cost.

April 1, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  26. IDOL 2010fs

sio who, she needs to go, crystal is great, whoever says crystal sucks needs to get their ears checked out, its not really based on looks but talents, yes Tim messed up, but i think he can do good if he listens to the judges and stop choosing the easy songs and comes out of his shell and does something more risky, garcia doesnt know who he is, and aaron is good but needs to realize what he is going for. Katie is the next to go since the girls do like Tim, Mike he is good but seems errogant, casey is great so i say the top two would be crystal and casey.

April 1, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  27. beke673

Mozart4898's analysis was spot on. Tim can and does sing in tune. He sang a difficult song last night, and while it might have been a little boring, he was in tune. He can actually sing better than he's getting credit for. Didi was okay within her range, but her range is limited. I find Siobhan very annoying. I think she's way overrated by the judges. She made me cringe a little the other night. Katie's performance was stange for me. She reminded me of a little girl playing dress up. She's too young for a song like Chain of Fools. I don't think she even understood the lyrics. That is not a vamp song, it's a song about love gone wrong and a woman who's not going to take it anymore. Katie tried to vamp it up. She has potential but isn't there yet. I think the top four are going to be Crystal, Lee, Casey, and Mike, which I think will be the right outcome.

April 1, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Thanh

Didi's voice is way too stylized to be able to adapt to other genres. She can become really good, in her own style, but as far as versatility goes, she's just too one-dimensional.

Yeah, I'm not liking the interplay between the judges and Ryan. Ryan crossed the line this season, going off teleprompter and being confrontational.

April 1, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Flyin11

Edited: had some spelling errors. I typed too fast...

Tim still hasn't past the moment where Jasmine Trias had the upsets of all upsets (past Sanjiya) in Season 3 and made it to 3rd I believe. She was from Hawaii and couldn't sing worth a dern but kept making it every week because all of Hawaii kept voting for her....

April 1, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  30. aflmhmm

THANK GOD SHE GOT VOTED OFF!!!! HER VOICE FKN SUCKED.

April 1, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Flyin11

Tim still hasn't past the moment where Jasmine Trias had the upsets of all upsets (past Sanjiya) in Season 3 and made to 3rd I believe. She was from hawaii and couldn't seen worth a dern but kept making it every week because all of Hawaii kept voting for her....

April 1, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  32. FresnoFlash

Everyone should DVR the whole thing. Saw the hour show in less than 10 minutes. Cut through the talk and singing.

April 1, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Flyin11

Hmmm..I thought Sanjiyah made it to like 6th place or something?

April 1, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. kd

anyone know who is mentoring next week???

April 1, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Flyin11

Didi had to go but I'm still shocked that Tim is there but then again all the teeny boppers out there keep voting for the dummy. Didi will atleast still be singing on the tour. Glad Katie was able to go on but I still don't get why Simon keeps telling her to sing Country....They don't get to choose the type of music every week. It's done by the stupid show. So, even if she wanted to she couldn't sing anything Country yet. She had to sing R&B because it was the style of the week. I hate R&B and I hate Beatles songs. I wish they would just do away with a lot of this Genre week stuff and let the contestants sing whatever they want for a while.

April 1, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Just A Thought

Go Tim, anyone that can laugh at the judges the way he does and get away with it simply because they have no choice is awesome! Maybe he's just laughing at his situation and enjoying the ride as he says – either way it's pretty funny! Now he has officially made it past Sanjiya's previous run!

April 1, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  37. ledeaux

I have a great fear that GREG BRADY will cost a couple of talented people their spots before this isnt funny and GREG gets booted

April 1, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  38. beverly

oh stop bashing tim. he has a voice like sinatra and should play him in a movie and sing "fly me to the moon"

April 1, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  39. J Go

I am surprised every week at the number of people who are outraged that the newly eliminated contestant was the one to go. It's especially surprising because most of the time, everyone's complaining about how much this season of Idol sucks and how none of the contestants are really worth listening to. Why all the unhappiness when one of these turds gets flushed? I can't get attached enough to anyone to muster any kind of sadness.

April 1, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Abe

Rolling Stone today called this years American Idol the "Season of Suck."

I agree.

April 1, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Patti

Dave in connecticut...you are right.....she is better, but you know how the voting goes..sometimes it just doesn't make sense and you want to turn the TV off – just like they voted to keep Buzz Aldren (sp?) on Dancing with the Stars. God love him, he is 80 and an American hero....but send the poor man home before he dances himself into a heart attack !!!

April 1, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jill

I don't know what's going on with Ryan and Simon, but it is getting awkward. This show is falling apart on many levels. I don't believe it will survive another season.

April 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jeffery

This won't be the last we see (hear) of Didi. Someone will scoop her up, work with her, and she will be another Colbie Calait/Duffy. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

April 1, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Dave in Connecticut

I can not believe Didi was ousted before Tim. My ears are still bleeding from his performance. He is sooo lucky, he should go to Las Vegas, he would clean up there. If he stays another week I will be very surprised. Katie Stevens does not deserve to be in the bottom three and I am not sure how she keeps getting there, her performance does not warrant that. Maybe its because the state she comes from is so small?, The New England vote is split between Katie Stevens (from CT) and Siobhan (Maine) so I am not sure whats going on. Katie seems to be getting the shaft for what ever reason, she is better than Tim, better than Andrew, and at least as good, if not better, than Aaron. So why the bottom three?

April 1, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Candy C

I said before I believe Crystal could be the potential winner. Siabon you are an incrdibible singer but listen to the judges advice stop the very high notes. Your voice is amazing but the judges will keep bringing up those high they call screaming which to me it's not. You and Crystal will be in the finale I believe

April 1, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jimmy

Timmy!

April 1, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  47. pat.e

Crystal is the best. No, she's not a model she's just a average girl with a super voice. Does anyone else think that Ryan is gay or what??

April 1, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  48. talley

I'm shocked by all the Didi lovers. Where were you when she needed you? Personally, I hated her voice. Can see the uniquness but she's not an AI finalist in any year. Some said earlier she's like a Eddie Breckell? Uhm she was a one song hit singer basically. Unique must be sellable to the masses for this type of show. Ugh.

Stop whining about Tim. Scott (wasn't it that really big white guy in season 3) stayed a long time too.

My biggest issue with AI right now is the VERY AKWARD INTERPLAY BETWEEN ALL THE JUDGES AND THEN RYAN WITH EVERYONE

April 1, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Beth

Too bad they can't send more than one home at a time! Didi was awful and I've never liked her wierd voice...she sounds like Megan Joy from the past season. Actually Siobhan should have probably gone because her entire song was off key! Tim (my teeth show that I am really a vampire) should never have made it past any judges! Ryan Segrist needs to be put in his place...his is so...rude and makes entirely too much money!!! I thought Simon was going to stand up and hit him. I watch Idol because I keep thinking that one of these awful singers will surprise me with an actually good song!! I do think that Crystal will probably win it.

April 1, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Yvonne

I hope Didi continues her music career. I've never purchased a cd by any Idol contestant...but I would definitely buy one of hers. I love her voice.

Katie is probably being saved by the "Vote for the Worst" voters.

Tim is being saved by the teenyboppers. That's why he smiles so much. He knows they think he's cute and will vote for him on his looks only. They don't care how he sings.

April 1, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Janet Taylor

Hey, show dog mom, what do YOU look like? Looks don't count where talent is concerned. Celine Dion (how do you spell that?) is certainly not beautiful.

April 1, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  52. moon627

Some people thought Didi was good ?? LOL ! This must be an April Fools Day Joke !!

well, TEFLON TIM did it again – or "vote for the worst" did it for him

And everyone saying this season of AI sucks are crazy – at least 2 contestants are the very best : LEE and CRYSTAL

PS : I think showdog mom likes the attention
    ;)

April 1, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. money

mozart4898 I have 3 letters for you DVR!!

You can watch the show in 35 minutes and skip all of the commercials.

April 1, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Roscoe

Casey and Tim will both make it to the final three. But Clay will beat them both in the final, unless Rhonda comes from behind.

April 1, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Cole

The elimination show should definitely be only 30-minutes. But that's what DVR is for.... I just fast forward through the entire show until the last five minutes. Could care less about hearing Ryan say "you are safe, sit down" or the judges "final thoughts" on if America made the right decision. Again...bless the DVR!!

April 1, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  56. nessa99

I was really sad that Didi got voted off.. she has been my favorite all season. I will definitley buy her music if she comes out with an album!

Tim should have gone home instead, even though neither of them would have won the whole thing in the end, so i guess it doesnt matter who leaves first. Now I am really rooting for Andrew and Lee. They are my favorites.. Im hoping to see Big Mike, Katie and Tim in the next bottom 3.. or even add Aaron in there. Those 4 are alright but not idol material.

Lets go andrew and Lee next week! You guys are awesome!

April 1, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Ryan

Concerning Simon & Ryan,
    Simon is doing his job. Ryan is getting too big for his britches and after the last two "shots" he gave Simon, I've lost all respect for him. Simon is trying his best to keep it under control, but the producers better step in and STOP Ryan from these antics.
    With that said, #1 Lee, #2 Casey, #3 Aaron, and #4 Crystal.

April 1, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  58. renee holman

I thought Didi was just AWFUL!!! I can't believe how many people are saying she has a great voice! Her last two week's performances were painful to watch. She was the obvious one to go.

April 1, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Mary

Siobhan is the one to beat in the long run – jus wait and see. Crystal will be like Chris Daughtry – early exit and will be better off that way!! Tim needs to go – he is so annoying!!

April 1, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  60. bil z'bub

one quick follow up... anyone notice the guilt in Tim's eyes every time he gets to stay? Notice him at the end of the episode standing OUTSIDE the circle hugging didi? This is because everybody KNOWS HE SUCKS.

Just wanted to point out his body language at the end of the show. He KNOWS he should of been gone a long time ago. Man, the judges are probably livid. They're blatantly rude to him now and mock him. Its hilarious. Get rid of him. PLEASE.

April 1, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  61. DJ

Too bad for Didi – she has lots of potential with her unique voice, however she nor any of the other eight are in the same ballpark as Crystal. She is by far the biggest talent to ever come off Idol no matter if she wins it or not...

April 1, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  62. mrs. tucker max

isay, you're so right. britney spears has nice teeth. and that's what makes her such a great singer. please post more of your deep insight.

April 1, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Big Dog Dad

For the sake of this blog, I would appreciate it if posters would focus on the singing and refrain from personal attacks. This week, someone (you know who you are) posted her wish to get rid of "that ugly Chrystal." Why must you be so crude? And it seems apparent, that Chrystal is one of the best, if no the best, singers on the show this year.

April 1, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Isay

Just like Sanjaija. (I know the spelling is wrong, but you know who I mean), once judges put him on topp 20, and he could go long way, because all the crazy young girls liked him. Tim is the same thing. Now, judges cann't get rid of him.

I am happy when Didi was out. No objection. I still want Siohban out. Can't stand her screaming and weird look. She should fix her teeth first. Seems to me, she has way tooooooo many teeth, growing to diffrent directions.

April 1, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. jlo

Didi had that unique raspy voice, she should have just done her thing and not listen to the judges. Lee and Casey are boring performers who stand in one spot, and the next time you all listen to Lee sing close your eyes and you will see David Cook, he sings just like him and he will not win, this year is a girls year anyway and that will be Crystal.

April 1, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  66. AMR in NJ

I don't really like Didi's voice so it was fine with me that she left. She is too emotional though- not good for the music business. Was something wrong with Siobhan last night? She seemed so moody. Although I'm a Siobhan fan all the way, I think Crystal has this in the bag.

April 1, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Barb1037

Did you see Tim's face when he found out he was staying? He was really surprised! I don't know what some of you people are hearing, but Didi is NOT GOOD! I don't get how she made it to Hollywood Week, much less to the to 10! Must be her looks.

I agree that Tim was less than stellar, and has been all along, but I thought Didi needed to go! I hope Andrew is next! Yuk!

Usher was one of the best Mentors I have seen on Idol. He was actually knowledgeable and helpful. Way better than Miley last week.

I hope that Lee goes all the way!

April 1, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Kenny

Crystal is miles ahead of the pack as she has been spotless every week. Casey should be second and I feel Lee overtook Mike this week. After those four the rest are the next five to go: Tim, Andrew, Aaron (they'll save him), then Aaron & Katie, then Siobhan.

The performances are good. The rest of the show is suffering. I am tiring of the Ryan & Simon thing, and especially the musical guests. The performances last night of Usher and Diddy were horrible. The performances won't kill the show, the rest of the format will.

April 1, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Jeff Dwyer

No surprise last night. Didi was over-due for departure. Also, no surprise to see Tim "hair hat" Urban in the bottom two. He may leave next week. Top 4 will be: Michael, Crystal, Siobhan (if she stops screaming) and Lee (if he realizes he should cash-in on his similarity to David Cook). Casey is a good musician but this is a singing contest. He plays it safe by selecting songs that are easy to sing. He needs to step it up. Aaron has a good voice but hs is a young voice. In two of three years, he could be great. Katie: still trying to find her style. Too bad she is getting conflicting and confusing advice from the Gang of Four. Some producer will pick her up and give her a shot at making a CD.

April 1, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Lisa M

Why did they keep telling Didi that she could sing anyway. She sounded like a grandma.

April 1, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Jane Shively

This year's shows are painful. Most of the singers are mediocre at best. Let's just dump every one except Crystal, Mike, and Lee and get on with it. Also this season, Seacrest has lost his mind. Does he think the show is about him? The show would be better without him!

April 1, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  72. P Crawford

I agree with Michelle W. and reverie – Didi could not sing and really should have gone long before now. I think the top 3 will be Crystal, Casey and Lee – all are great and fun to watch too.

April 1, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Simon2

Tim and Siobhan will probably be the next to go.

April 1, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Simon2

I don't know what the big surprise is - did people not hear her "singing"? I'm sure she's a nice lady, but she is not really Idol quality. There are tons of better singers out there.

April 1, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  75. dog

This is the most boring year yet. I have never missed a season or show, I love IDOL. Why can't they pick better songs? They are old fashion slow song, why not add some more rock & country? I know a few do but most of them pick boring songs. Why don't the judges pick the songs?

April 1, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  76. cindy k

Bye Bye Didi......you know its not that she has a bad voice, its pleasant enough, but she's a one trick pony if you know what I mean.
    the camera caught her looking daggers at Simon when offering his critique the other night....nice rendition of Rhiannon, but.....
    hurray for Dewyze...believe Lee believe ......and many kudos to Simon for telling Crystal she doesn't need to change who she is....her voice seems to fly effortlessly....(take a note Didi)

April 1, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  77. beverly

No name calling. Crystal has a fabulous voice, listen to her, she's great and will probably win or should win. Her looks are not bad at all, you girls are the mean girls from Idol Blog. I still say the top 4 will be, crystal, lee, siobhan and casey. They have all had it from the start. It's amazing how I can pick them every year....maybe I should replace Simon. and then I could boot Cara out.

April 1, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Michael

I think it's fair to call last night this season's first "shock" – I can't believe Didi was eliminated, paving the way for a lot of movement in rankings of contestants this week. The biggest gainer? Lee Dewyze, who's upward surge on the chart is the biggest of any contestant this season. The biggest loser? It's a surprise – and one you won't see coming. All the rankings here: http://thesmogger.com/2010/04/01/idol-hangover-its-time-for-the-final-9/

April 1, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jason

Didi was the right choice- it was her time. Usher was the worst guest performer I've ever seen, next to Kesha. That was just trash- same with Diddy- just nothing even close to music, or entertainment. Both have lost touch with their genre's and are venturing into this techno-pop/talk garbage. Just a poor example of what music should be, both Usher and Diddy

April 1, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Head Diva In Charge

Despite Tim Urban being not very good, he is very likeable. Now, I am not saying he should get to far on just that, but Didi was becoming, whinny. She was very emotional, I get that, but geez, suck it up girl!
    Hopefully next week Tim will go, although, I would love to see Lee be voted off, there is something about him that I just don't like.

April 1, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  81. nmac

Personally, I think Ryan was sad to see Didi go – I think there was a little crush there. Why do Ryan and Simon hate eachother so much?
    Tim, you're going home next week. I will call from every phone I can find to vote for all of the other Idols a zillion times each so that you will just leave. You're smiling because you're an arrogant twit and you don't have talent. OR a good hair style. Go away.

April 1, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  82. Dania

I love Crystal, she is the Best!

April 1, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  83. MC

Didi's performance was awful, but I hope Tim and Katie understand that they're next. They are both in the bottom three almost every week, though I find Andrew Garcia more difficult to listen to than Katie. Siobhan really needs to go. That girl is unstable at best and her peformance Tuesday night was no less dreadful than Didi's and Tim's.

April 1, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  84. cheryljjjjj

tim needs to go badly. he's riding on his dog face, that idiotic smile, and that he can make his blue eyes scream sincere.

April 1, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  85. cheryljjjj5

so sorry about didi; she was nervous. i think the judges should have saved her.

April 1, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  86. Jay

Let's get real. Tim needed to GO HOME ! Tim has been in the bottom three just about everyweek. He was even shocked that he was not sent home one week. At least Didi has had some good performances, personality and a unique vocal ability. Tim is simply getting a free ride because 12 year old girls think he's cute – no talent but nice eye candy. For heaven's sake he was an ALTERNATE to begin with. And don't get me started on Alex.... with the latino community in this country he's another one getting the popular votes. It's a very very sad year for AI.

April 1, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  87. jlo

That is it, no more American Idol in my house, Didi god bless you girl, I would have saved you, Tim Urban should have gone, this dude can not sing and now I know A.I is rigged.

April 1, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  88. no one

CRYSTAL BOWERSOX XUCKS BIG TIME.......PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN....AND SO PREDICTABLE

April 1, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  89. rhonda

@heskerdu...... good one on the show dog mom

April 1, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  90. rhonda

i think they got it right this week. im no fan of tim but he was better than didi this week and thats what it's all about. this week, not last or two weeks ago. do i think tim id "the american idol" no. i predict he will be back in the bottom 3 next week, as will katie if they dont improve. its only a matter of time before at least tim goes.
    as for didi.... i hope she continues on her quest to sing. time could make a huge difference for her. she's got talent, she just needs to perfect her craft

April 1, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  91. Stratdude

Mamasox! Mamasox! Mamasox! She is my favorite Idol ever. I can't wait for someone to tell Big Obnoxious to keep his hands off people.

April 1, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  92. Dorothy

I was sad to see Didi go home but I hope she doesn't quit her music. She would be perfect in Coffee houses and small intimate places. I really enjoyed her rendition of "Rhiannon".
    I think Tim is the weakest one left and I also am not a fan of Andrew Garcia. I love Siobhan and Crystal and am looking forward to each week to see how they battle each other. I think the judges were extremely hard on her this week. I think she is one of the 3 best along with Crystal and Lee Dweyze.
    I think the producer of the show should get on Simon and tell him to stop being so rude. He might be a billionaire but he gets no money in my boat for his personality. Ryan asks him questions, as he asks the other judges and he goes into the "get away from me" mode. Ridiculous. The results show being an hour is ridiculous. it would be so much more interesting if they would get the bottom 3, have a song by the mentor and than announce the one going home.

April 1, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  93. Robert Posey

As for Casey, this is the first week his performance his singing was any good, though he plays a mean guitar. My problems are Tim, Andrew (most of the time) and Katie. Tim is a joke, If Didi goes for lack of consistence performance Andrew should be long gone. Andrew has had 2 performances that were good, but not great, and the rest were among the worst. He has no stage presence, is not even average good looking and can only sing well every 5th night or so.

I think AI went way too far in trying to get unique voices, they could have gotten a 100 better singers than most of this crowd without working up a sweat.

April 1, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  94. heskerdu

Hey Show Dog Mom, congrats on all the attention you are getting but in the famous words of the Wicked Witch of the West, these people are gonna get you and your little dog too! Heeeeheeeheeehheeee

April 1, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  95. Robert Posey

Tim has never been good enough to make a living, voting for him should be crime:) Seriously, anyone voting for Tim as other as a protest vote, is being dishonest. Didi had a couple off weeks, but has been good. Katie should have gone before now, though this week she wasn't the worst.

Quite voting for Tim, no one is good looking enough to be that bad and get votes. Sanjaya was and I assume still is many levels above Tim or Katie for that matter.

April 1, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  96. J Go

Fine by me, I was getting sick of seeing her cry about her friend that died like 5 years ago. Yeah it's sad, it was even touching the first time she mentioned it at her audition... but give it a rest, Freckles McGhee.

April 1, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  97. Jenn

Attention TWEEN voters, Good looks don't equall talent....
    SEND TIM HOME!

April 1, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  98. heskerdu

I think Crystal kind of looks like Julia Stiles.

April 1, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  99. Thierry

show dog mom:
    ============
    1. Thank you for correcting my typo error: must read as "Didi played deaf ears".
    BTW it is too late now, since Didi is gone. Should not worry mate!, Ryan is on your side!.
    Gossip or not but there has been a lot of hearing about it during these days (as per Simon).

2. And we must agree with Simon remark: " no matter what we said, TIM seemed not to worry much about it
    and they gonna vote for him again and again, so who really cares?" It is funny to see how TIM tried to
    explain why he just kept laughing cause he never knows when will be his last presence at the show,
    so why not just having fun! That explains why TIM survives so far, for being frank and direct and
    like a jailer, he knows well that going back to the stool one more time is like going back to jail and it
    does not make any difference since someone gonna bail him out.(The hallelujah song seemed to give TIM a very strong
    immunity from early elimination....).

3. I am not pledging for TIM but am curious how far he can survive..

4. And I agree with you all 100% about Siobahn to be the next one to leave cause her screaming "talent" is annoying.
    Everybody has a week which is less performant than previous weeks, and what makes a contestant different from another
    is how she/he can learn from his/her weaknesses to redeem and grow again. It is not by showing your discontentment with
    the judges' comments that you can move on, it just shows how spoiled and immature you are as a person.

4. There are more things to show in life than just screaming!, something real and tangible. By that, I mean style...

5. And Casey is a silent force not to be ignored...

6. And we all know that it is too late to change the course of America Idol but to watch how it ends.
    Have heard recently that there is a buyout talks under way...

April 1, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  100. Patti

Didi voice is definitely unique as well as Lacey's was. However there has always been a niche for female singers such as this.....look at Jane Siberry and Kate Bush.

April 1, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  101. Blue

I love Didi's voice too. I agree with Jill. Any of the bottom 3 could have gone last nite. Didi has a unique voice and if someone will take her under their wing and guide her, she could be a legit recording artist. I would definitely buy her music and go see her in concerts.

April 1, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  102. Jill

I love Didi's voice and think she is a sweet and beautiful girl. With that said, I don't think she was the wrong decision last night, given her performance the last couple of weeks. She'll do great on her own where she can pick a genre and excel at it. This show is too all over the place for her unique voice.

I hope Didi keeps going though, because I would buy her music!

April 1, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  103. Anna

People need to stop feeling sorry for Tim and quit voting him in because of his looks. He's not that good looking. he's gotta go!! I will not watch after this season-the talent is getting worse and the judges are just not that great!

April 1, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  104. Candy C

Show Dog Mom Do You Not Get It People are sick of you downing Crystal's look She is a very sophistacated talented girl and, I bet a far better MOM than what you are.I hope she wins she deserves it. You are hopeless yourself and I bet YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS UGLY YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY UGLY IN THE INSIDE FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!

April 1, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  105. Ginmill

pamblizzard, Ryan has always been an annoyance but he is just plain WEIRD this year and annoying. I keep waiting for Simon to walk off.

Maybe he thinks he needs to amp up his performance to make the show less boring.

@show dog mom I hope you aren't someones mother if you think looks are the most important thing about a person. No matter what she looks like facially she is beautiful because she has soul and puts it out there when she sings. That is a truly beautiful person.

April 1, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  106. pamblizzard

Didi has great potential but in a limited area. She should do fine. My problem with the show this season is with Ryan. He seems to be pushing to become the most talked about person on the show. It's become uncomfortable to watch him interact with both the contestants and Simon.

April 1, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  107. Just A Thought

@ show dog mom – Please can't we get rid of ugly Crystal?? Sure the same time we can git rid of people that seem to think looks has any bearing on a persons talent or abilities. SAD so SAD

April 1, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  108. Ginmill

WHOOPS HIT TRANSMIT TOO SOON for comment above continued here:

"THE INCREDIBLE CHRISTAL BOWERSOX"

Lee and Big Mike can sign don't get me wrong but I record the show listen to 1 minute of everyone else and proceed to let MamaSox wash over me. The girl has IT whatever IT is, something about her performance is grabbing you. So so glad Simon told her to go back to who she is not the lame stuff they had her do this week (although singing was good you could tell she wasn't comfortable)

April 1, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  109. 1WhoBlogs

OMG...Timmy is SOOO out of here, next week. This years IDOLS are SO LAME!!! My money though is on Bowersox!

April 1, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  110. Ginmill

There are so many that should go they can only be picked off one at a time. Other than the girl who was booted pre final 24 (who certainly deserved to be there more than Paige Miles or Didi) the rest are just dregs.

With the OUTSTANDING EXECEPTION

April 1, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  111. felix

America, why would you send Didi home? Her voice is unique and she can sing. Tim on the other hand; I don't know what these teenage girls see in him. We just eliminated someone that had potential to come back next week, and I believe the Judges shouldv'e saved her. Keep playing your guitar Didi; dont listen to these morons.

April 1, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  112. Jan

I'm disappointed in IDOL in general this year–so not much will surprise me. I hope they will at least get some mentors for this group whol have some good advice for the rest of the way! I don't like how mean Simon is to everyone...not just the contestants. He is usually right on target with the contestants so I can take that, but he's not nice to the other judges, to Ryan or even the audience. He acts like he hates being there...so maybe he should have gone this year. Ellen is doing OK but not adding much, Cara's not bad but of course people think she ran Paula off so they don't like her...poor Randy is trying to pull the group together but they just don't seem to "click." I've hung in there this long because I'm loyal I guess but I'm recording and fast forwarding more than the commercials.

April 1, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  113. Marc

@show dog mom... I've read your idiot comments a few times... Crystal is obviously the best... with a name like "show dog mom" I'd love to see your ugly face... lol

April 1, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  114. jessie

Show dog mom what is your problem? You constantly pick on Mamasox's looks and clothes, what are you 12 or something?
    She is an extremely talented musician. What talent does it take to be a show dog mom? Being someone's b**ch?

April 1, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  115. mark and rocky

We are avid Idol watchers, but this year sucks. Limited talent, don't know why, and Ryan eye balling Simon is making me uncomfortable. Hope he stops his "Napolean Syndrome" now, before Simon decides to kick his ass !

April 1, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  116. JC

Didi had several weeks in a row of poor performances. Really no shock she was eliminated. And considering she had absolutely no chance of winning, it didn't bother me. Next week's bottom 3 will probably be Tim, Katie, and Andrew. Maybe after two straight bottom 3's Katie will take Simon's advice?

April 1, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  117. carrie

WTH! I missed last nights show and am completely shocked. Didi is a very unique singer and much better than Tim Urban or Andrew. I agree with Simon, Andrew is boring. Very disappointed.

April 1, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  118. Patti

Since when does looks have to do anything with singing ability. Crystal is amazing – she is Janis Joplin reincarnated. She may not have too much of a spark personality wise on stage...but her voice is fantastic.

April 1, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  119. ross

Get RID of TIM – Then ELLEN – both SUCK bigtime!

April 1, 2010 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  120. show dog mom

Tim should have been the one to go!
    Please can't we get rid of ugly Crystal??

April 1, 2010 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  121. phillexp

Didi was at least worth looking at but her big mistake was not sticking with the Indie songs like she started with. Tim (“why am I still on here smile”), Andrew (who really is – not good) should be next to go although they should've probably both been gone by now. Tired of the Fat Mike’s act with picking people up. It’s getting real old plus he sounds the same every song with his fake emoting. To me Lee is the top dog. He should stick with the Alternative stuff and Crystal should listen to Simon – stick with what you do best. Kara-Syrup is clueless about real music.

April 1, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  122. Idolwatcher

Tim is still there because of 1. Tween girls and
    2. Vote For The Worst

April 1, 2010 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  123. reverie13

Praise all things holy!! We dont have to watch her face crumple up anymore. After watching her with Usher, I think she falls apart in an effort to soften or avoid any critisism. Then when she gets critisism (constructive or otherwise) she gets all indignant. I was tired of watching that form of manipulation – of the judges, mentors and audience.

April 1, 2010 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  124. Scott

Siobhan seems like a cool person, but she's turned into a one trick pony. Tim is just crap... and he knows it. That's why he's got that deer in the headlights look week after week. He's been in the bottom 3 EVERY time since the stage shows started... and it's only the teeny boppers and VTFW.com crowd keeping him afloat. I'm not sad to see Didi go. She tried to be something she was not with the whole diva schtick. Her sweet, quirky tone was her bread and butter and she lost sight of who she is as a singer.

I'm just flabbergasted that Tim's still around. The judges didn't and obviously still DON'T even want him there. He got into the top 24 through a loophole and the 12 year old girls and AI haters are just havin' a laugh while puttin' him through.

I hope the judges still have their save when Tim finally gets voted off just so they can Paige him up and shut him down before he tries to sing for his life. Dude. Needs. To. Go.

Hope to see Lee, Andrew and Crystal make it to the top three. They appear the most talented. I love Casey's guitar playing, but he comes off as a bit stiff. Mike, Aaron, and the rest of em' are just blah to me. Not my style.

April 1, 2010 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  125. mozart4898

@ Lin – I'm far from tone deaf and when it comes to actually hitting the right notes, our beloved Tim was actually more in tune than Didi, as well as Katie and Siobhan for that matter. Hate on me for saying that all you want but if you're going to put it in terms of "tone deafness" and not just whether or not people like someone's style, then we'll talk tone deafness. Personally it bothers the heck out of me when someone who's trying to be a professional singer can't sing in tune. I'm an instrumentalist and not much of a singer so I won't say I can sing better than any of them on the show cause it'd be a lie. But I know in and out of tune, and Didi was out almost as often as she was on. Katie is close to being as bad but really to be fair most of the time it's more struggling with control of her voice. She has "wow" moments interspersed with "ugh" moments. Siobhan is usually ok, but Tuesday she exposed her weakness – she has a nice lower register and can (sometimes, not always), as some people put it, "belt" (although it really is closer to screaming) in the high register. Her problem is when she "switches" from one to the next, she loses where she is sometimes. It happened to her several times.

I hate to say it because it'll anger some people, I know, but Tim may stick around another couple weeks if America is actually now starting to pick up on quality of performance and not just all out oddballness and awkwardness on stage. He may outlast Katie next week and then if Andrew can't hold on to what he did on Tuesday he may even last past him. So in other words, you could see Tim still sticking around to sing to get into the final 6. Plus, as I've mentioned a couple times too, he's the pick of that website that can't be named that all votes for a "bad" contestant. But the fact is – he's not the worst of the original top 12. And unfortunately for some of those in the top 12, they've really screwed up – whereas Tim sings somewhat decently (although without hardly any originality or excitement) and I think people are starting to look forward to him just to see what he'll do next.

Bah, but enough of me sticking up for Tim. Unless some miracle happens, he's not going to still be around when we're talking top 4 or 3...and if someone goes home at this point and is still deserving of a recording contract, they'll get one (I've heard that Didi might have already had one anyways and I can't believe that but good for her if so). As of now, I'd say Crystal, Mike, Lee, and Casey are positioning themselves for the top 4. Siobhan might edge Casey out if she can recover what she was before, but if she keeps struggling she may make a much earlier exit than it seemed at first. Remains to be seen if it was just an off week or a trend for her...

April 1, 2010 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  126. Dame

Sanjaya looking pretty, pretty good now huh folks? http://diddy-dirty-money.blogspot.com/

April 1, 2010 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  127. theresa wolske

I thought that DiDi was an obvious choice her voice was very weak and quivery she can't hold a good note for long not star material !sry! i only see 2 possibly 3 that MIGHT go on to be recording artists and doubt they will be that big anyway. I think the judges gave us a crap bunch to watch this year I think they need a new way to actually find great singers instead of going by personal stories and having the token blonde, cute boy, and wierdo's !! also they not only have 7 minutes of commercials to 4 minutes of the actual show which tics me off royal they also bring on "the famous" who are all advertising new cd's coming out and of course the ford commercial which is part of that 4 minutes of idol -they are pushing this show into a dumpster!!

April 1, 2010 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  128. Lin

It seems that most people (except the tone-deaf teeny boppers) are shocked each week as Tim hangs in there. It's a pretty sad commentary on the musical taste (or lack of) demonstrated by his supporters. You have to admit though that Tim'd be great in tooth paste commercials. This whole business can't be too pleasant for Tim. Knowing by this time that more talented people are being sent home, while he stays because of his big smile. People have probably been telling him what a beautiful smile he has for so long that it just pops onto his face automatically. Ah well, maybe Tim can strike up a relationship with Buzz Aldrin and compare notes on people who vote for old dancers with stiff joints and young singers with no character in their voices.

April 1, 2010 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  129. Bunny

I think Didi's vocal style pretty much limits her to one genre - she can't adapt well at all to other genres. Not sure if that's entirely due to her vocal styling or due to poor choice of songs that could work with her vocal style.

Of those left, Tim was obviously the one who should have left tonight (and every week before tonight); however, I don't think Didi had more than another week before she would have been eliminated anyway.

My thoughts on how the rest of eliminations will go: Next up would be Tim, of course; then Andrew/Katie; then Aaron; then Lee (but if he continues as well as this week, that could change).

I think the final four will be Crystal, Siobhan, Mike and Casey. Siobhan will have to stop the screeching, though. Her voice isn't capable of sustaining the note for the long period of time she tries to do it without it spiraling into a screech at the end. She needs to just hit the big note and back off before that happens. If she can do that, she could make the finals. We'll see!

April 1, 2010 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  130. Hugh01

U know, Simon and Ryan are really making me uncomfortable .. and Lucky Tim has horse-shoes up his arce and all the tone-deaf little girls. So long Didi.

April 1, 2010 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  131. Siavm

Tim needs to go. He is just lucky that didi killed (and unlike what she thought) one of my favorite songs. Tim smiley your day is hopefully coming next week.

April 1, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  132. wil

Didi and Lacy should both still be in the show. Tim and Katie should both be gone. The only reason Tim is still in it is because everyone feels sorry for him. Well hey America I dont have any real musical talent either so you should all put me on TV too!

April 1, 2010 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  133. Terry from Iowa

It’s truly sad that talent doesn’t count for something. Frankly, I’m confused on how Urban made it to Hollywood to begin with; he’s butchered every song he’s taken on. Aaron Kelly has a good voice and would be phenomenal in any high school show choir, but let’s be honest, it’s highly unlikely he’ll be a pop star; Glee, maybe. Although Katie has potential, she needs aging. She doesn’t know who she is nor does anyone else.

Didi wasn’t going to win, but her unique voice was a refreshing change with tremendously more personality then the three I mentioned above.

The big issue this year is how the judges are confusing the hell out of the contestants. This is especially true of Cara (Frankly, she’s an idiot and provides zero value).

I suspect the winner will be the one that knows themselves and ignores Cara, listens to Randy, respects Simon (but gleans off that which is useful) and enjoys Ellen. Bottom line – fire Cara.

April 1, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  134. Sadee K

The whole show is really awful! I've spent a couple of weeks trying
    to figure out why any one with any reasonably amount of intelligence
    would "waste" time waching this "crap".

April 1, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  135. Rick Albert

The show is an hour because the money that is generated from the advertising is enormous, that is the real reason if anyone cares to know how television works, it's about generating money for the network.

March 31, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Alan

Didi was not saved by the judges. How do I know this? FROM THIS WEBSITE. I couldn't watch till after the show...and here we go again...they ran overtime, and the DVR ended as she was singing for her life. Guys....it's not difficult.....STAY ON TIME~!!!!

The worst one was the finale, where we had to go on line to see that Jordin won.

SOMEBODY BUY THAT DIRECTOR A WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 31, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Lara

~ Sad to see Didi go – she was so lovely! Unfortunately too inconsistent. She should try acting....I think she's got the 'Meredith' factor from Grey's going on. Good luck Didi -

March 31, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  138. amy

im really sad that didi got voted out i really liked her unique voice.
    DIDI i love you, you rock
    honestly the fact that tim is still here is a JOKE
    simon said it last night perfectly
    and btw the show is TO LONG

March 31, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  139. adam

didi was much better than tim and katie. she's a mix of Eddie Birckell and Natalie Imbruglia....her voice is amazing. They should have kept her. She won't win but was def top 4 potential.

March 31, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Michael

There can only be one.

Didi is not, currently, at the same level as the other "real" contenders. Thus, no suprise.

Really from this point forward all of them will be doing the Idol travelling show (or whatever...). So it is not the end of the road Didi or the other 8 that will not be #1.

Finally, I agree with Lauren. The show should be in a 15 or 30 minute time slot. Seems there just is not enough "worthy" material for a 60 minute TV show.

March 31, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Patrick Stemmler

Send Tim home...I cant believe he is still around. Only young girls that only care about looks and not raw talent keep him in there. This is ridiculous that Didi had to leave tonight. She is such a great singer and has true talent unlike her counterpart Tim. Dont stop Didi.

March 31, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  142. mozart4898

I agree this show doesn't really need to be an hour – they could do it in a half hour. But at the same time we all know why they DO make it an hour – because they can. And really that means because they have all kinds of companies paying for advertising time during the show – so they make it available. For that matter, think about the Tuesday night shows. With less filler they could have 10 people sing in 1 hour...they only sing about 2 minutes each anyways. Going to 4 judges made it easier for them to fill that much time, and they keep piling on filler then beyond that to pack the 2 hours on Tuesdays. Probably even more filler next week on Tuesday – I'd rather them give each singer another 2 minutes to sing so we could get whole songs. But oh well...

And as far as the decision – given the bottom 3, I think it was right. In fact, I actually pretty much can agree with the bottom 3 itself. I think next worst was actually Katie but whatever – on to next week now, and to see what the remaining 9 do.

March 31, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Lauren Bernstein

Why is this show an hour? So much boring boring chit chat to fill time. Both star performers this week were too much of the same. I have been a faithfull Idol watcher since season one but this year is killing me.

March 31, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  144. protogere

I don't think the decision was right, given the choice of the bottom three. I wish I had a video cam that I could submit a question for her. I truly hope she doesn't end her journey here and uses this as a spring board.

March 31, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Baduku

So sad that Didi got eliminated, but I think she's got lots of potential if she stick to her indie niche. Between Tim and Didi either was bound to go if not this week then probably next week. I guess Teflon Tim lives to sing another day. Show your support for your favorite idol at, the official AI9 opinion channel on Baduku(dot)com. http://www.baduku.com/americanidol9

March 31, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |