March 31st, 2010

'American Idol's' Alex Lambert lands new gig

testing captions
testing captions

Alex Lambert may not have made it to the Top 12 on “American Idol,” but he’s not done with the reality bandwagon just yet.

The 19-year-old has landed a spot on the web series “If I Can Dream,” PEOPLE reported. The show follows the lives of a group of aspiring musicians and actors living in a house in the Hollywood Hills.

The series, which appears on Hulu.com, is the project of “Idol” creator Simon Fuller.

And the “Idol” connection goes even deeper: another resident of the house, Justin Gaston, is the ex-boyfriend of Miley Cyrus, who was the guest mentor on “Idol” last week.

Lambert revealed during his interview with PEOPLE that he has trimmed his famous mullet, which was the talk of the blogs when he appeared in “Idol’s” Top 24.

“I still have a mullet a little bit,” he said. “It’s just hair. It’ll grow back.”

Filed under: American Idol 2010 • television

1. iamforusc

Paul, I completely agree. This kid can sing, but he looked almost embarassed when he sang, If he can get the stage presence down, he has a chance for a long career. He definitely has pipes, but needs more confidence.

April 1, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. rhonda

congrats. hopefully this will be a stepping stone to sucess for you.

April 1, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. Kel

Alex,
    I think you were eliminated way before your time on AI. I was sure you would overcome your nerves (like Lee did this week) and win it all! Your career is not over – you are just starting and you already have LOTS of fans!!!!!

April 1, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  4. roche

AI is now a joke after he, Lilly and Katelyn left. It's really too bad because it was a show who brought us Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and last year's Kris Allen and Adam Lambert. Now the show has been tainted with the hacks this year with the exception of Crystal, Lee, Casey and Mike. Oh well. I hope something good will come out of this for Alex 'coz he deserves way more good opportunity than half of those who made it to the Top 12.
    And FYI, he actually cut off the mullet in new promo pics for If I Can Dream.

April 1, 2010 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. Me

It's actually a young Rob Thomas that he resembles.

March 31, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Watson

This guy was TERRIBLE!! No more talent left to discover in the United States.

March 31, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sean

I think he should just give up on singing. We don't need another 50 Cent, trying to sing and act.

March 31, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Josh M

LOL.. people on here say he's Adam Lambert.... LOL They look NOTHING alike. Only their names are similar.

March 31, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. moon627

Alex should have been in the Top 12 rather than Tim

Good Luck Alex ... hope you get farther on this new show

March 31, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Paul

Very interesting voice, very inexperienced as a performer.... that's why he got the boot... not due to his pipes, but his lack of stage presence. I know he has fans, but it's delusional to think he ever would have won. Crystal, Lee, Casey & sometimes Andrew & Siobhan have him beat by a mile.

March 31, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Johnnie

Adam, weren't you in the guy in thenextgreatsinger.com? Anyway, glad you are meking it happen!

March 31, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. PR

That photo is NOT Adam Lambert...

March 31, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. KZ

So glad we get to see Adam still! Adam, you were our favorite and it has been hard to watch without you. Everytime Tim sings we say, "how much better would it have been if it was Adam?!"

March 31, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. designingmom

You are very talented. Love your voice. Keep singing, get yourself out in front of people to build your confidence. Get exposure...Your time will definitely come...

March 31, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. NewBubba

You were my favorite. And I LIKE the mullet. Reminds me of british musicians who are, sorry to say, often more talented....

March 31, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. katie

Super talented– he performed John Legend's song better than John Legend. Fuller knows Alex makes him look good. I can't wait until his CD comes out.

March 31, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Donna Lange

I'm so glad to hear this. I think he had the most unique voice of all the guys on the show. If his confidence had been better he would still be on the show. Good for you, Alex. I didn't think we'd seen you ride into the sunset just yet!

March 31, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. sb

I think he looks like a young Michael J. Fox–complete with the mullet!

March 31, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. HL

My family has always agreed that he looks like a very young Paul McCartney, too!!! We wish him luck :)

March 31, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Joman

Isn't there an Adam Lambert that's really over the top gay? This is a different Lambert? I thought it was the other guy without the makeup...

March 31, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Roscoe

Good luck Alan! I will vote for you on Thursday!

March 31, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Tamala Silva

Oh this is wonderful news! I'm really glad for him! That was the saddest night in the history of Idol, the night he left. I was so shocked, he was so gifted I thought he'd be in the top 5! Actually now that I think about it, the show hasn't really felt the same since that night. I was really hoping something would happen for him, cause he really does have a unique velvety tone. Looks like I'll be making room in my schedule for a new show, so I can keep tabs on him! Thanks CNN!

March 31, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Joe

People still watch this crap-fest?

March 31, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Marcy

Congrats Alex. Good for him. Hopefully he can gain more experience.

March 31, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Nedra

The guy has so little going for him that his hair is talked about.

March 31, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. TC

Every time I look at this kid, I see a striking physical resemblance to Paul McCartney.

March 31, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Kim

killer! I hope Alex gets something and that things work out in the best way for him! I would love for him to do a remake of Mario's song and persue singing but who knows what will happen? well an answer to that would be "The Rich people at 19 entertainment!!". aka: Simon Fuller..

March 31, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Bre

They Should Have Made You The Idol You Are So Great And Its Soo Bad That They Couldn't See That But Just Keep Trying And Keep Your Head Up!

March 31, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Michael

Lee, Casey, and Crystal dominated the top ten last night, proving they all deserve to stick around for the rest of the season. The others? Well, results were mixed. Katie, Andrew, and Tim once again scraped along the bottom – even though the judges liked Andrew (shockingly). The biggest surprise of the night? Didi and Siobhan's underwhelming performances. Could one of them be going home tonight?

March 31, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Eve Lynne

Alex – YOU should have been the American Idol! Your talent is amazing, and I can't believe that you are not on that stage. I know you will do great though.

March 31, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |