March 30th, 2010

TV Recap: First day of the last day on '24'

24: Day 8 - 5 a.m. to 6 a.m.

Bauerites, today is a new day. Today is the day we begin our TV watching lives knowing that one of the shows we've known and loved for eight seasons will be no more. At some point, we will be "Bauer-less". Where will we go? What will we watch?

Jack, please... Say it ain't so!

Word came that the show is over when this season ends, and while the news is not a shock, the harsh reality is starting to set in.

I'm going to have to make a big adjustment to life after CTU. As a result, watching last night's episode felt different. I know there's a film in the works, and this season's conclusion promises to be a fitting lead-in to Jack Bauer hitting theaters... but this is a farewell tour, and I want Jack to go out strong.

The show immediately picked up where we left off last week with CTU frantically trying to pinpoint the location of the nuclear rods, all while Dana Walsh runs point for the villains from her desk. I'm fine with her "mole" status, but many readers hate this recycled situation on the show.

I think this time feels different because I want this mole to suffer as much as she has made us suffer with her incorrigible story line. I also expect Arlo Glass to swoop in and save us again with his inevitable, signature "Dana, what are you doing?" line. Once he starts asking questions, the chips always fall. It's coming, and when Dana goes down, she will go down hard.

Note to the show creators: You could fill an entire episode with Dana being tortured. Or, maybe you can just do cut-away shots of Dana as she hangs in complete agony every few minutes. Either way, it's your call. Any way you deliver this, I predict a flurry of high-fives and fist-pumps for Bauerites far and near. Guys, that one was free. I'll have to charge you for the next one.

Meanwhile, I thought the pace of the episode's action was remarkable and never let go with a few unforgettable moments of heart-pounding, tense drama.

As Jack and Renee attempted to move President Hassan and his family out of the U.N., that tunnel scene was well-orchestrated and fantastic to watch. Amidst the clips being reloaded and smoke grenades being tossed, the situation seemed to escalate with every passing moment. Also, the stern words delivered by President Taylor and Brian Hastings were fitting sermons that made all of this FEEL like an authentic crisis. Hastings has flat-out been on a "blog-love" streak for about a month now, and I hope he keeps it up.

Summing it up, this was a stellar episode that hit us from all angles. Its always a good sign when the clock beeps for the last time, and we all take the patented gasp knowing we have reached the end.

At this point, I think I'll save my karaoke rendition of Boys II Men's "It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday." Its not quite time yet, but I'm currently accepting applications for the coveted title of "my new favorite show." I'll take any and all suggestions from displaced Bauerites, and I welcome your feedback on worthy successors.

Loved, kinda liked, or hated the show? Let us know!

Post by:
Filed under: 24 • television

1. Adam

Hey Potski...Jack doesn't use a SIG. It's a HK USP .45 Compact.

April 1, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. Adam

I agree with Sency. I had a feeling that I needed a new show (by coincidence 24 was cancelled, so I was right), so I decided to pick up Justified on FX a couple of weeks ago, and it is a pretty good show. It has good characters and some action (although not as much as 24, but very few shows do). I would recommend Justified...give it a try, you should be able to catch the first few episodes online, and begin watching it live on Tuesday evenings. You might be surprised.

April 1, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. E.Knight

looking for a replacement show try Justified on FX it's pretty good and there's always Breaking Bad on AMC

March 31, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sency

Still don't think they should have cancelled this show

March 31, 2010 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. khamilton58

Great show 3/29. However, during the shoot out in the tunnel, a female FBI agent told Jack to move on with the Pres., then stood up to cover Jack. Next a commercial. After the commercial, the "rogue" FBI agents were within fire of Jack and Renee. What happened to the agent who covered Jack?

March 31, 2010 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. SOCAL-Man

It interests me that early on the Russian mobster's son is dying from radiation poisoning by being exposed to the rods. Now the merry band of terrorists handle the same rods without a thought, or apparently any consequence. No gloves, no shielding, no nothing. Pick them up like they are just so much scrap metal.

We should also not consider that spent fuel rods are extremely heavy, are contained in lead-lined shipping containers and would likely have sunk the Zodiac.

And I still want to know how the rods got from New Jersey to Queens so they could be raced across the East River in that Zodiac and smuggled onto Manhattan. What did they do, drive them up around the Bronx into Queens??

And now we are faced with yet another high level government official who apparently has no issues at all in ignoring the President and doing what they know is the "right thing".

Yep, time to retire, because all the story lines are now all very tired!!

March 31, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kbmaestro

I just can't wait until Dana Walsh gets hers!

March 30, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. george

the only show i watch on tv. .

i love the scenes of Dana sneaking around and looking evil/crazy.

And the scene in the office with the coup d'etat going on was intense. i thought they were going to kill the presidential advisor and then i thought maybe he faking the heart attack. Bauer had his smirky smile when he was talking at first to Pres Hassan and telling him he was overseeing his getting out of manhattan to safety.

the tunnel scene was intense. President Hassan stepped up as well very cool. as did the female secret service agent with the machine gun.

Renee is just a natural shooting a gun.

my favorite show.

looking forward to next monday for sure.

March 30, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. wendy

it was okay i love see how its giong to turn out

March 30, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cindra

Has anyone been watching "Damages" on FX? It very conveniently comes on after we switch over from watching "24." It is awesome .... Glenn Close deserves every award she wins for it! We also have watched "24" from the beginning. I will miss it but it is time for it to go. Look forward to the movie!

March 30, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sonia

OMG, no more '24' wow. I'm not much of a tv person. 24 is my show. -(

March 30, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Hamilton

It's called a magazine, not a "clip". I know it is a technicality, but it is important. I will miss my weekly fix, but happy that it will continue with a movie.

March 30, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Elijah

for me and my wife, it's simple:
    best shows (in order) :
    24 – love jack, jaw dropped at the announcement of last season.
    Sons of Anarchy – please come back
    Rescue me – can life get ant crazier
    Nip/tuck – cried already that it's off
    Good wife – (and I liked her in E.R.)
    Damages – (yea... she's got a fatal attraction)
    and i'm trying to get into 'Justified'... I said TRYING !!!

March 30, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. George

Read somewhere that if Fox drops 24, NBC may pick it up. Please NBC make it so.

March 30, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. willie mays

All great shows end and new great shows appear. We love 24, but it's time to go. There is a formula that's is just too predictable: out of the blue emergency, some mole in CTU, some turncoat in the White House, and more improabilities than one would think possible at the world's least secure secure facility.

Here's a challenge for Bauerites: with tongue firmly planted in cheek, write the outline of "next season's" 24. What's the threat? Who's running CTU? Where are each of the principles? Who will be the mole? Who will try to betray the president, if not the president him/herself? How does Jack save the day and who helps him? Remember, there is precident for a year or more to lapse between "days."

On a serious note: Jack is clearly slowing down. Twice in the last two weeks, he's escaped near certain death not because of his cunning, guile, or tactics, but because somebody has snuck up behind the would-be executioner and fired first. If it wasn't for the movie possibility, that could be the end of the last show - the bad guy actually fires first.

And, there was this little piece: when pressed to do more for the terrorists, Dana said something to the effect that she wasn't working for them (terrorists), that she had only be ordered to assist them. Next great twist is "who" gave that order? Is it too obvious that Logan the Loser was in the previews for next week?

March 30, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Laraian

I'm an avid fan of 24 and I will surely miss it! I hope Jack is not killed at the end......

March 30, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. stoccata

Last night's hour really kicked butt. I love the muzzle flashes on the assault rifles. So Disney. What I really got excited about was the preview for next week: Charles Logan asking "can I help?" Can't wait to see that play out! Hope Mrs. Logan comes with him. And Aaron. I miss him.

March 30, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  18. MartyT

We liked the first few years of the show, but in the meantime, "Jesus" Jack Bauer has been almost killed, killed, poisoned, so often that's it's become cliche'.

Nice go for a few years Fox and Keifer; now it's time for you both to go off and count your profits (and figure out what will catch the fancy of the easily-bored public once more).

March 30, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mimi

Most people look forward to the weekends – I look forward to Mondays! I will miss '24' soooo much, especially Jack.

March 30, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Maryann

For those of you wondering when it will end, maybe you need to count! :) Is it possible that Cole is also with the bad guys???

March 30, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. jt

In a way I am glad that it is ending now before they ruin it any further.

Oh – please (as I roll my eyes)!
    Come on – how can she sit at her desk with everyone around her, relaying intel to the bad guys?

Even Chloe looked at her strange when she was asking for some info to be sent to her computer.

I truly believe that Chloe will send her bogus info and see if she acts on it and this is how they are going to figure out that it is Dimwit Dana.

I have just found this character to be more and more unbelievable with each passing episode.

Has she forgotten that she is right there in Manhattan? What does she think in going to happen to her when this bomb goes off? I think she is beginning to think about this as she is trying to talk Sameer out of setting off the bomb.

Please, please, please Jack – TORTURE HER!

March 30, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Potski

Justified on FX..that dude is the only other dude that can handle a SIG like Jack Bauer

March 30, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  23. cawgijoe

I only started watching 24 last season and got hooked right away, so it only seems like two short years for me.

I will rent the previous seasons on DVD this summer and buy the entire series when it comes out on blu-ray.

I think it's absolutely the best show on TV. It's fast paced. Many subplots and twists. People actually die. It's way cool!

I really believe that they should renew the show whether on Fox or another network, I don't care. Bring it back!!!!

March 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  24. SuperHiro

This show is and always has been garbage. One season = 1 day and there's fifty billion terrorist attacks in one day? Stupid premise, stupid premise stupid premise.

March 30, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jason Goldtrap

In the universe of "24" American military leaders are willing to defy the president and order Special Forces to attack the Secret Service in order to prevent a dirty bomb from exploding in Manhattan. In the actual universe, American military leaders are too frightened to say repealing "Don't ask, don't tell" might be a bad idea.

March 30, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Clownbaby

Jack will shoot Dana Walsh in the kneecaps next week.

March 30, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Clownbaby

Hey, they had a great run, it had to end someday. Wonder if the finale gets the "Silent Clock" treatment.

March 30, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Ernie Ellingwood, New Brunswick, Canada

Was a fan of 24 till its "Jump the Shark" moment early this season when Renee put a poor guy's arm in a vise and cut off his hand at the wrist with a hacksaw. Even Jack, no stranger to "enhanced interrogation" techniques, was appalled. Why did she do it? In an attempt to enlist her victim's help! That was it for me. I changed the channel and never returned. But thanks for the memories, Jack. In its totality, the series was a roller-coaster-ride rush.

March 30, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Van

Can't wait for the show. Plan my schedule around 24 every Monday night.

March 30, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  30. david valderama

If they make 24 to a movie, I want ............

Michael Caine to be Jack Bauer
    Susan Sarandon to be Chloe
    Kelly Mcgillis to be Renee
    Dakota Fanning to be President Taylor
    Chris Rock to be Director Hasting
    Anne Hathaway to be Dana Walsh

"COPY THAT"

March 30, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  31. kadcar5@hotmail.com

I will miss 24.

March 30, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  32. patricia

nothing will be able to replace this show. i will truly miss it.

March 30, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  33. GeeMac

I LOVE this show and there will be such a VOID when it's over! Yes, sometimes the plots and characters were ridiculous and sometimes annoying, i.e., Dana this season but you can't be the show for creativity, excitement and action. I hope when it ends, Jack and Renee's relationship will leave us wanting to see them grow...Jack needs a good, strong woman and she needs a man like JACK!

March 30, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  34. JR Bauer

To everyone saying that these things can't happen in real life, or how many bad days can Jack have, the man's a television version of a superhero. Of course he'll be shot, stabbed and tortured, etc, and keep on going. That being said, I say Jack can have as many bad days as James Bond has had movies, or any superhero has had comic books written about them.

I'm hearing that the movie could be the first of multiple movies, depending on the success of the first one. So do it up, and get it on an IMax screen (possibly in 3D) and keep the franchise going. Jack's taken care of the United States, now it's time for him to take care of the rest of the world.

March 30, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jaxbak

loved this episode – can really see it coming together and a Jack Bauer movie would be outstanding!
    Burn Notice is a good show and Leverage is also a good show, both have interesting plots, good guys win philosophy, no gratuitous gore and good acting but they are series episodes that begin and end in 60 minutes so they don't have the heart-pounding action or anxiety-inducing tension that 24 has and I will so miss it when it's gone!
    Luv u Jack!

March 30, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Steve6167

While I will miss 24 when it goes it seems torture is what people like. Kind of a sick byproduct of 8 years of Bush who made torture acceptable again to most. Look, I like my Bauer kickin tail and taking out the bad guys but the torture references could go away.

March 30, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. marg

24 is the last decent TV series left! When it's gone–there goes the ad revinues with it–I, for one, won't be watching commercial TV anymore. 24 isn't perfect (come on–how many times can Jack be shot at with machine guns and not get hit, while he shoots and kills his opponents with his handgun?). Still, the pace is so exciting and the actors are top-notch. Mondays nights will never be the same!

March 30, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Maxine Mills

OH No!! It just can't be, we love this show. What will we do without Jack?

What can we do to keep this Show on? Last night's show was totally AWESOME!

Thank You so Very Much for the Great Entertainment!

Col Max in NC!

March 30, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  39. SW

It can't end!!! it just can't end! ......what are we going to do without Jack Bauer on Mondays. My husband and I are hooked and now we have to let go for good.......off with their heads! whoever decided that this should come to an end.

Next week is too far away!!!!!

March 30, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  40. david valderama

When "24" is over, why not start "25" starring Al Bundy.

March 30, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Yowster

Regarding the upcoming movie – How about a 24 and X-Files combination? Imagine Jack Bauer and Fox Mulder together, and Chole working with Scully as well. It would definitely open up some possibilities for a totally different story line.

March 30, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. david valderama

It would be a happy ending if Jack and Chloe get married at the end.
    "COPY THAT"

March 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Mel

FRINGE is pretty awesome !!!!

March 30, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Ajay C

The author of this article made no mention of President Hasan’s shining moment in yesterday’s episode when he took out the commando targeting Jack. While Jack, Renee and Chloe are the stars, there are other characters that do shine every now and then, and they must be recognized when the do. It was such a thrill yesterday when President Hasan asked Jack for a gun, offering to fight alongside him and Renee.

March 30, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Yvonne

I don't know what I'll watch on Monday nights when 24 is gone. I'll miss it more than Twin Peaks, more than Millenium, more than (dating myself) Mission Impossible. (and as much as the X-files, Sopranos and the Shield). All I have left is Fringe. Maybe Justified- haven't seen it yet. But enough of my disappointments.
    I like Dana as mole, in fact I thought the episode where she is revealed, was the absolute best of the season. She's finally interesting. The real question is who is she reporting to, i.e., who is the mole in the president's administration? Jack beating it out of her would be awfully boring. I can't wait for the scene between her and Cole when he finds out.
    Last night's episode had some good moments.
    I hope 24 goes out with a bang, but I have mixed feelings about a 24 movie. If they get it wrong, which they probably will judging from other tv to movie ventures, I'll be really disappointed. And anyway, is it even possible to translate Chloe to the big screen in a way non-24 fans will get?
    I think I'd rather just have the memory of a really great television series.

March 30, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Vinoo

This is my second year of watching "24". A show like this comes once
    in a life time. My hats off to the entire cast and crew of "24". A classic television show.
    I will definitely miss it. Good luck and God speed to all who participated in making this show such a success. It is etched in my memory forever.

March 30, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  47. MC

This season has been really bad and I'm a huge 24 fan. I actually have the last four episodes sitting on my dvr and I'm not sure I'm going to watch them. It was time for this tired format to end.

March 30, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Ajay C

I hope the producers provide plenty of footage of the final shots of the series. I would love to see the raw emotions of that final day of filming. I'm sure it will be very emotional. Just so everyone knows, production will end April 9th. Please leave nothing out of the box set for season 8.

March 30, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Ray

Has anyone seen Human Target? It's a pretty good show and may be worthy of the old 24 time slot....Something to think about!

March 30, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  50. GAL

I too will miss 24 just like the rest of you; however, what I'll miss most is "Jack Bauer". In today's world where a lot of bad people would like nothing more than to wipe out this country, I can only hope that there are some "Jacks" out there watching out for us. What I love about him (yeah, I know it's only TV but who doesn't believe in his character) is that he is will do anything (killing included) for what he believes is RIGHT. He will risk everything and stop at nothing because he's that committed.....now if that isn't a "hero" I don't know what is. Unfortunately, there aren't many shows out there that compare to this one nor many "hero's" that compare to Jack....you will be missed because you made some of us (me included) believe that good does overcome evil eventually.

March 30, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Ajay C

I shed a tear when I saw the preview for next week; 24 – The Final Hours.

March 30, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  52. lynda garcia

To Frank from Mn...what a memory. I love La femme Nikita. My husband and I are faithful followers of la femme. The comparisons are similar la femme had more of a feminine quality due to the love affair between Michael and Nikita. I love the torture scenes. While 24 has more action, La femme had more depth to the characters.

March 30, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  53. aguy

Katee must be stopped? She was on BSG for four excellent seasons, a mini-series and two made for Sci-Fi movies. She can hardly be blamed for Bionic Woman being bad, and this is 24's 7th season. It has just run it's course. How many bad days can one man have?

March 30, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Wifey

Oh, and I love this blog!

March 30, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Meka

I am not happy about the show ending but its time for the movie !

March 30, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Wifey

I am so sad to see the show go! First my daytime soaps are slowly leaving now my nighttime drama...what next?!?!? I thought the show kept me on the edge for the whole hour. I can't wait to see what happens to Dana!

March 30, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Kim Taylor

24 is a show that my husband and I have come to love. We have not missed an episode since the series began, thanks to DVR's. What's life without our Jack? I don't know at the present moment, but we are about to embark on a life without him. We work in a high tense, stressful, thrill seeking prison environment where adrenalin rushes with the thought of crime, shanks, plots to destroy with just the sound of "Jack Bauer".

March 30, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Gary Brown

24 is the only show that holds my attention all the way to the end each week. The commercials feel too long and the wait of another week are almost torture. I certainly will miss it and will probably resort to watching the entire series on DVD to make up for it. That should last for a year or two.

March 30, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Paul

I am so going to miss 24 after this season. I will wait until the movie finally comes out. There has been talk of it for a while.

I have to agree with someone else who mentioned Burn Notice as a good show to watch. I think the second best show to ever be made (24 is 1st) is Sons of Anarchy. It comes back to FX in September. Such a great show.

March 30, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  60. sine

The show wasn't canceled per say , it was a mutual agreement to get out while still on top (same as seinfield).

I love Jack they don't make men like him anymore, 24 will be missed.

Flash-forward is my new drama series.

March 30, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Brian

WOW. I have to admit that I am completely surprised by the amount of people that relate this SHOW to what happens in real life. I am sorry to ruin it for some of you but this is TV.

Anyway, I want to communicate my thoughts on a cutting edge TV show. The producers took an fresh concept and made it to be a exceptionally well produced program. The plot lines of this show are exceptional. I am saddened to see this will be the last season. Although, I guarantee that my family and I will be watching the movie on the day it premieres.

Jack.....You will be missed.
    Dana....I can't wait to see you exposed.

Best show on TV. Bravo!

March 30, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Frank in MN

Do you suppose any network will ever create new episodes of La Femme Nikita? For those of you who have seen both TV series, I'd like to hear your comparisons of Section One versus CTU, the various plots, etc.

March 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  63. jeff Redondo Beach

We love 24 as well. However, as a former member of the intelligence community, there are so many flaws in the way security is handled that it is laughable. No way would Dana get into a classified facility without the appropriate background check (they are very very good at this); no way would individual cell phones be allowed in a secured facility; no way would a person be allowed away from their duty station (desk/computer/etc) without some one taking their place to cover that position; no way would cells phones be used during the course of an assignment that provides information that could easily be intercepted; no way would Jack be shot/poisened/stabbed etc and not die. There are so many "no ways" that it takes away from the enjoyment of this series. At least some of the previous scenarios were somewhat plausible.
    Hopefully the movie will have less agreious flaws and more reality worked into the script. However, we do enjoy this series!!!

March 30, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Janet S

I have watched since the first hour and will definitely miss it when it is off. Each year around November I start needing my fix and looking longingly towards January when the new season starts. Who will protect the T.V. world with our hero Jack out of it.

As for a new favorite show, I suggest Sons of Anarchy or the new Justified. "Sons" has the closest amount of action, angst and twists to 24 as anything else out there. And although It is still early, "Justified" with Timothy Olyphant looks pretty promising.

March 30, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Frank in MN

I am SO tired of moles inside CTU...think back over the prior seven seasons and the over-used mole plot line. For a high tech, supposedly all-knowing organization, CTU apparently does a horrible job of screening potential employees.

I'm also tired of Jack's body taking so much physical abuse and yet being able to manuever around so well and take out every/any bad guy, despite having been tortured, beaten, having taken two bullets to his Kevlar vest, etc. Get real!

If this were not the final season, I'd be begging the writers to come up with new themes. However, I DO hope that a 24 movie will be made.

March 30, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  66. lynda garcia

I was so sad to here the end is near for 24. But I expected it . Someone mentioned Burn Notice and I think it is a great filler for all those suffering from 24 withdrawals. I guess besides Criminal Minds,Supernatural and Vampire diaries, everything else on TV is just mindless dribble for me especially the endless reality shows .

March 30, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  67. lili

I LOVE 24 and still am in shock that it's the final season... I will surely miss Jack. I think it's going to be hard to find a replacement show to watch.

March 30, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  68. eric bellamy

Damm i'm going to miss the show.

March 30, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Bon Bon

I'm a 24 die-hard fan. I started watching the show while in Germany. Since Fox was unavailable, I bought the DVDs at the nearest PX. Since my return to the U.S., I've never missed a single episode. I guess all good things must come to an end and so is 24. Jack Bauer rules and it's really sad that he'll be no more. Please work this out and bring back 24. Money isn't every thing, sometimes TV execs need to do something for the fans.

March 30, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Lillian Lopeman

This has been my favorite show since the first season. There has never been another show that I can't wait to see the next episode, and I don't even get up during commercials for fear I will miss something. This season does not live up to the excellence of seasons past, and a lot of the plot seems recycled from previous seasons. (Dana could be Nina, probably Jack's best nemesis ever). Maybe they are cancelling the series because they just ran out of fresh ideas for terrorist plots and treasonous government employees. It is still the best show that has ever been on TV, in my opinion.

March 30, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  71. maggy

This show is so bad I have to watch it – for laughs. No one man can do what Jack does. It is so far out of the realm of reality is has become a joke. Taking on all the black ops guys last was just stupid. And as far as the blond bimbo goes, anyone who works at a government building that deals in security knows that you can't run around talking on a cell phone. I seem to be the only one who notices that the bimbo is always on the phone.

Please end this now with a bomb that takes out Jack. No movie!

March 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Miriam

Love 24...my husband and I got hooked when we borrowed the first season on DVD from a friend. We now have all the past seasons.

Love Jack...it will be very sad to see it all come to an end. But as they say all good things must come to an end.

A great replacement can be FOX's other new show Human Target...I am getting into this one as well. Real intense.

March 30, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Thanh

I wonder if they're going to amp up the language for the feature film. "DAMMIT" and "SOB" are pretty much staple for Jack. It would be weird if he dropped f-bombs.

March 30, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  74. david valderama

All I can say to all of you guys is.....................
    "COPY THAT"

March 30, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  75. paco

this serious has been the altimate to watch its no doubt in my mind I will save the last episode to be watch over and over at my liesure this has been my answer to "CRACK"!!!

March 30, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Lori

I LOVE 24 and will miss watching after this season. Granted, this season started off kind of slow, but it has picked up! Who cares these "situations" cannot happen in the real world! Cripes, that's why I watch the fillpin' TV!

Keifer, thanks for spending a lot of Monday nights in my living room! I will miss you!!

March 30, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  77. I H8te Lost But I Used To Love It

I will dance a jig when Dana bites the dust. I think I will hold a 'Dana is De@d' party the next day. Loved this episode but the implausible taking cabinet members hostages and backstabbing the president thing is getting old. And when one of the military guys had a clear shot at the back of Jack's head why did he kick him instead of shoot him? Sure, Jack would have survived but come on... he kicks Jack instead of shoot him. Stoopid.

March 30, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Renee

How about 1 more season? I enjoy the show... why not take a survey first to determine what the fans want before its the final curtain? I'd even watch 2 more. Please consider an online survey some place.

Thanks

March 30, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  79. mat mart

I like the show and will miss it, but working for the gov I can tell you that the cell phones and unauthorized calls would not happen in a secure facilty. you cant bring a phone into such a place and no camera... they should have a consultant to make sure the situation is at least feasible...

March 30, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  80. lisa

i will miss 24. There isn't a character like Jack on tv... Love this show i will miss so much..... yeah you should think about watching justified on Fox.... Great Great show

March 30, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Steve

Fox should pull "The Unit" back from the dead. I know it was on CBS but several characters have been or are currently on "24". This would help with the loss of the best show on tv.

March 30, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Joshua Weikel

24 has been my favorite show since Season 1. I can't believe it will soon be over, and what's worse, to hear it being CANCELED and not just going out of it's own accord makes me cringe a bit. I don't watch many TV shows...but have really gotten into White Collar this season, might want to check that out. It's more like house than 24, but still good.

Did anybody else notice that they said the bomb has a 40 block blast radius, yet when the terrorists had the radius on their screen, it only showed like 3 blocks beig effected?

March 30, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  83. kvegi

I love 24, I have watched it since the first series. Jack is the best. I am not sure what I will do without 24 now. Yes we will be Bauer-less. Maybe they will reconsider there decision for another season since it simply is the best televison drama.
    We will miss you Jack. I know I will.

March 30, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Tracie

My OP...Jack should be killed off, whether it's in the season end or a movie. The thought of it ending knowing that Jack is still out there somewhere and at any time our government can just walk up and recruit him just doesn't sit well with me. Give the man some peace. If they are going to end it then end it in a BIG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think they need to put Chloe in charge of CTU even if it's just temporary.

Great show! Between 24 and Lost being canceled I won't know what to do with myself.

March 30, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Meghna

Jack I love you........I don't believe this is the last season and I know Jack will come back again....

Talking about this season...the starting setup was slow but now its catching up...its interesting and I am loving Jack...

President dialogue are too good and how can I forget good job by Cloe...

I hate Dana I want to punch her hard...but Jack will cover that once he gets time from President Hassan's situation.....

Jack tell all your followers that this is not it....you will come back again....

March 30, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Adrianne

I love 24. I love it now and I've always loved it. It will be missed!

March 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Dan

With all the "true to life" action, I am hoping that the bounty hunter/parole officer guy comes back to life from the cubby hole that Dana shoved him into and takes her out. Really got into last nites episode – looking forward to the rest. Will leave a hole in Monday nites.

March 30, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Gaby

So so sad 24 is coming to an end.... I don't know what we are going to do on Monday nights without Jack Bauer!!!! We have watched every single episode of every single season!!! We will miss every stressful and exciting second of it!

March 30, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  89. marsha

I love it that there are many Bauerites out there. I love the show, and was totally shocked to hear that it was ending this season, OMG what will I do, Im losing Lost and 24 in the same year,talk about withdrawals. I agree with other readers regarding Dana, I cant wait for Jack to get her a$$, I hate her story line. Also glad to know there are other viewers who are at eh edge of their seat, holding their breathe as I am while the clock is ticking down every intense minute.

March 30, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Bryant from NC

I agree with Dan. I find it hard to believe that Dana is getting away with a lot of things that she shouldn't.

March 30, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  91. sence

Love the show- liked Madam president speech- but when is the last show?- I dont want it to end- will miss it :(

March 30, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  92. BP

Oh, agreed. That female sercret service agent was very cool for the 1 minute we saw her. If she did go down, she went out with a bang.

March 30, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  93. wayne

All I know is that the head of CTU's Human Resources department should be fired – and tortured!

Actually, that's all part of the 24 formula. Those implausible moments that get repeated over and over again from season to season. You just have to let go of reality and enjoy the ride with it's ups and downs.

March 30, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  94. JackW

Hey, I agree with "Dan from Texas". This is a great show, but reality went out of the window on episode one. There apparently are no real world "intelligence" expertise in on the writing process. There is no way a super sensitive intelligence agency would allow such slack security among it's employees

March 30, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Time for Jack To Use Some Enhanced Interrogation

Jack is going to torture Dana next week. Or who knows. Maybe Cole will. I enjoyed last night's episode. I was like watching the battle at the Ok Corral. I wonder what happened to that female secret service agent. She went hard!

March 30, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  96. BP

Dana needs to go down HARD!! I agree that another storyline involving a mole at CTU is hard to swallow, but this one caught me totally off gaurd. I like the preview of her and Jack in the same room. I can only hope it's Chloe that finally gets the goods on her. I think it would be fitting for her to be the one responsible for finding Dana out. Or maybe the Freddie Prinze Jr. character should be involved with it. How 'bout this..... she gets interrogated at CTU, slips out, on her way out the door she comes face to face with her lover, he knows everything now and puts one right between her eyes in front of everyone. Heck yea!!!

March 30, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Sir Lord

Please be advised that television without 24 is like intimacy WITHOUT the actual act itself!

24 has all the guts and glory of pure entertainment, and that's like taking the punch bowl away at a party if you will. Do remember the infamous saying, "I hate Mondays"? We really haven't heard much of it for that past several years-about a decade; I dare to say. Well, in a few months, don't be surprised if this saying is back in vogue. That's all I have to say on this subject!

March 30, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Jane

After watching all "24" episodes starting with season one – in real time – I will be sad to see it go. However, last night gave a great and much needed jolt to this season and I am now looking forward to all the hours we have left. Here's hoping Dana suffers! :)

March 30, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  99. TC

I love the show and I will miss Jack! I agree with Dan from Texas.
    I was shocked that Dana is the mole – that took me by surprise.
    I don't want the show to end.

March 30, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  100. Becky

Monday nights won't be the same. I will sure miss this show-nothing on today conpares to it!!!!

March 30, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  101. JD

Too much to watch. Following Jack's path of destruction, pain and death was often to close to the reality that has become a too dangerous world. I prefer the "talking" flowers in Avatar to the world Jack Bauer offers.

March 30, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  102. Elizabeth

My vote for your replacement of 24: FlashForward. This show is 24's baby brother and is growing with momentum. The last few episodes are a little more melodramatic than the opening 6 but nonetheless has great action and those heart-pounding moments we love from 24. I love the fast-moving multi-story pace of FlashForward the same way I do 24.
    The only pitfall of FlashForward is that it's on at 8. I have to DVR the first 15 minutes while I rush my kids into bed.

March 30, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  103. Jance

I think a great insert would be for Dana and Chloe to get into a cat fight with Chloe just putting a Jack Bauer beat down on her butt!

March 30, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  104. John

I don't know how long the series will last, a little to "Wild Wild West" (the Robert Conrad version) for me, but "Human Target" on Wednesday nights doesn't totally suck on the action level. There's always the Ultimate Fighter for real combat

March 30, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  105. Clark

The HOUSE/24 block was the best on TV. At least they are going out on their own terms. Looking forward to the Movie!

March 30, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  106. jennifer

i agree 100% I want Dana Walsh to suffer. It is an erie feeling knowing that this show is going to end. I love 24 and I love Jack. I have loved every season with the up's and the down's, this show will be missed by me and my husband. It gave you something to look forward too after the holidays and before the spring arrived.

March 30, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  107. Dan from Texas

II work in a government, ultra-secure facility, much like CTU. Trust me–cell phones are not allowed. You would think by now, this CTU would have banned cell phones on their own, just based on their previous and continuing mole problem. I like the show, but this lame story line has gotten really old. Couldn't they have had some brainiac bad guy "tunnel" into CTU by cyber means to gather the necessary information rather than yet another insider threat? You could have had Chloe hot on his trail as a side plot. That body hidden in the interrogation room must be getting a little rank by now. That’s another no-no. Un-cleared people are not just let into secure facilities, just because they have a badge. An EMP burst would have literally fried every circuit in the CTU. There would have been no work around, no fix, short of totally rewiring the entire facility. Finally, Dana has an entire terrorist cell at her disposal, and she doesn’t have them take her ex-boy friend out, rather than jeopardize the entire operation by becoming involved in a hiest? If you suspend all disbelief and logic, it's a fun show. Hate to see it go.

March 30, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  108. Robert E. Wilson

It will take a several years for someone to come up with a show to match 24's intensity. "24" is in a league of it's own and all shows that follows claiming to be the next "24" will have huge boots to fill. If this is "24's" last season, it has been an epic like ride since season 1. "24" will be missed and fox will have a hard time filling that Monday night slot.

March 30, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  109. kjw2

The shoot out was good - the heart attack and "coup" were totally implausible

March 30, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  110. tink123

It would be so cool to see Chloe pull a gun on Dana. LOL

March 30, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  111. Mimi

Last night's episode was great – I loved it. I'm already feeling the withdrawal symptoms. When is the last episode? I just want to be prepared.

March 30, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  112. Bored in OK

Dereyck,

Burn Notice is comical and condescending. Justified on FX is pretty pretty darn good.

March 30, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  113. bauerbabe

I've watched faithfully every week since hour one .. but, I am just not into this story line this season. Seems kinda like same old, same old and I find it easy to wish it were just over. Maybe the series is tired or maybe it's me who is tired. Hope the movie will bring back the tense excitement of the earlier seasons.
    Cheers Jack ... we've spent some great 24 hours together!!!

March 30, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  114. Val

The best news of the week about 24 was the finally official news that it will end. As a faithful fan since first hour of day One , the plot line has just dried up. Dana aka Nina, subplot of joint chief of staff or President inner circle and the list goes on. We've seen all of this multiple times. You can still not get bored watching but, as in everything, the excitement I was used to is no longer around. Far from it. As I said before I will keep watching till the end but I am glad they call it off. I hope the "finale" would be on the high note and for the movie...they better come up with something real good and credible or would be like diminishing all the good thing the this show represented and introduced in the TV Drama arena....and in a way would diminish its legacy.

March 30, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  115. Mia707

Me too. Sad, I don't know what I am going to do on Monday nights now. There will be no other show that can replace 24. urrrrrrrr.

March 30, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  116. Bryant from NC

Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in. 24 is a great show. I love the action. Even the intense whispering that Jack puts on and actually influences other characters to do.

I'll share my hate with you guys and wanna know what you think about Dana Walsh? For me, I feel like having Dana on the inside working for the terrorists is a horrible idea. There's no way in real time that she had not been caught for doing all that inside work. The phone calls, the computer work, the interruption of drones, etc. I think it would be highly impossible for all of the "mole" business to happen with the severity of the situation. And I agree, Dana should be killed. Lol. I didn't exactly like the extra twist they put with the military and Mr. Weiss.

However, we do see in the previews for next week that Dana get's caught. So I'll be happy there. I think the guy to bust her, is most certainly gonna be Arlo. As much as I think he is annoying and kinda weird, he'll be the one to save the day, per say.

March 30, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  117. Andrew J

It's about time this show came to an end. I loved the first three seasons; they were absolutely amazing. But then the show just went down hill. How many times is Jack not only fighting the terrorists, but gov't bureaucracy. How many times do we have to watch a mole infiltraring CTU? I mean C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do they not do background checks? Jack Bauer is the man! But its time for him to retire

March 30, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  118. Shane

Dereyck,

You may want to take a look at Burn Notice to be your next show after 24 is over.

March 30, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  119. Rigo

You should consider watching "Son's of Anarchy." Edgy show with great acting. Not the usual show I would watch but it's awesome!

March 30, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  120. Adelay Mostus

I don't happen to share the author's rabid hatred for the Dana story-line. Tortured for an entire episode? Did you forget to take your anti-aggression pills today?

March 30, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  121. Kevin Cassidy

not the best season (so far)
    but still the best show on tv
    i look froward to seeing what they can do
    with a feature film

March 30, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  122. Wayne M.

Wow! It has been a wild ride with this show. I have loved every episode and like Dereyck Moore I will be going into severe Jack Bauer withdraws. I plead with the creators of this show make a full-length movie of this show! The loyal fans of this show will support it. I hope that Jack is not killed at the end, that will take the wind out of the sails of the ship so to speak. I hope he leaves us healthy and returns to his daughter and grandchild.
    Can't until next week!

March 30, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  123. Tony

First BattleStar Galactica, then the Bionic Woman, and now 24. While I like her acting and enjoy seeing her on screen. Katee Sackhoff must be stopped. That makes 3 shows she's been on that have ended.

March 30, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  124. Ron MacPherson

We love this show.

We have a Kickof Party at my house each season, and a final show partry at my Sister's house.
    If this is the final season, we will have to have a "Family " party, since we all watch & discuss each exciting episode, and discuss how we see each episodes consequences.

Thanks for Great entertainment,

Judy & Ron- Amebury, MA

March 30, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  125. Outlaw

Bittersweet it is to now watch the day and legend of 24 unfold and come to a close. Thankfully we'll be going out gripping our seats at the intensity and drama that (as far as I'm concerned) can be recycled again and again and not fail to please as far as prime time TV goes. How sad I get with the realization that other shows will thrive and remain yet won't hold a candle to what I've come to love to watch week in/week out, day in/day out.
    Here's hoping that they'll continue the end to this day with what I sense to be high drama and plenty of action.

The end game plot will be held under a microscope and can't possible please the entire Bauerite nation but we can only hope that with the last few hours building and churning the storyline along (while bullets fly seemingly everywhere) that we can sit back and enjoy the last of what I hope will be recognized as one of the best series ever shown.

From the little I've read, the movie script would allow for Jack to take on a more open-eneded role without time constraints and feature him in Prague as well as traversing other countries through Europe and no doubt highlighting more kick-ass action and suspense. As much as I've grown to love the format in which 24 is filmed, I think it will be a highly entertaining 2 hour movie (Imax anyone?).

Much love to Chloe for last week and this week reaping the rewards of her stance on getting CTU back up in a timely manner allowing for the intel feeds to play a role in this hours action.
    Much love to Cherry aka Pres. Taylor for the stirring, powerful speech that added so much intensity to both her character and to the crucial decision making process. A nice bit of writing to give depth and sensibility to the office of the President. And Jack, we know you only take orders from the Pres. (mostly). Ha!

Looking forward to next week and beyond with high hopes that we can sit back and fully enjoy this last day.....

March 30, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  126. Dana

AWESOME episode! Last week I wasn't too thrilled to find out Dana Walsh was a mole, but now the show got really good. At the very end when the clocked flashed up saying there were less than two minutes left I didn't want it to end and I started getting nervous just like in the good old days. They left you hanging and next week’s previews look awesome! In the previews Dana Walsh was being a smart ass to Jack, I can't wait to see what he does! Also, I am extremely sad the show is ending...I don't know what I am going to do on Monday nights now.

March 30, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  127. Mike Wilkerson - 2GuysTalking.Com

This was a giant step up from the last episode, though you'll note that "this mole" (which is a giant cop out for us) had nearly as much screen time – AS JACK BAUER! The pacing was here. The action was here, the "goal?" Strange to see where and "how" we're going to jump into a 2 hour fiesta here but eager to see where and how it goes for sure!

March 30, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |