March 29th, 2010

'Celebrity Apprentice's' surprising twist

I didn’t realize Darryl Strawberry was a wimp until I watched the latest episode of “Celebrity Apprentice.”

Norton and Lifelock challenged the teams to create a four-page advertorial about protecting consumers online. Strawberry whined as exhaustion gripped him as he executed his tasks this week. Then, when his team lost, he announced he wanted to be fired. Only two others have ever quit. He expressed fatigue. Trump fired him.

How selfish! The contestants on this show play for charities. Strawberry was playing for an autism organization. He never mentioned that. Maybe he’ll redeem himself by donating some of his own money. Want to take bets?

Michael Johnson served as the men’s project manager. He took the whiny pill too by complaining that his job was spared because Strawberry volunteered to leave. Weird or stupid? Trump told him to get out before he changed his mind. I would’ve fired him just because he wouldn’t let it go and was the one who deserved it.

Last week, Johnson told Trump that Bret Michaels is not a good follower. This week, I have to agree with him. Bret certainly likes to give orders, even when he’s not in charge. I see why the men do not like Bret. If Johnson had listened to Bret’s advice, however, it might have helped them win.

I wish Rod Blagojevich would stop telling everyone he sees on the streets of New York that he did nothing wrong. Move forward!

Summer Sanders served as the women’s project manager. Let’s just say she’s one of those leaders who expect others to make her look good. They did. She had no idea what she wanted. I would not want to do business with her.

I would decline doing business with most of these celebrities, in fact. If I were on a team with them, I would make sure I was the coach because they are creative and do well with tasks. Most do not lead well.

So, who will be eliminated next? If the men lose again, they will find a way to get rid of annoying Bret. If the women end their winning streak, silent Selita Ebanks will quietly leave the room.

I’m not quite ready to pick the winner. However, if I were picking the final four for “Celebrity Apprentice,” I would pick Curtis Stone, Bill Goldberg, Sharon Osborne and Holly Robinson Peete. Are those your picks as well?

1. toni

Let's be honest. Easily the biggest whiner quitter and total wimp is Daryl Strawberry. Bret Michaels is not so much washed up but is obviously the most intelligent guy and the only one that has any leadership qualities. Yeah it IS genetic, and that's why he has NOT been fired duhh!

April 2, 2010 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. Paige

Let's be honest. Easily the biggest whiner so far this season is Bret Michaels? Are all washed-up rockers so whiny? Is it genetic?

March 31, 2010 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lulu

I don't think Strawberry gives a rat what people think. My theory is that he gave up his cushy home and cushy lifestyle and this show was actually WORK. Probably more work than he counted on. So he did the selfish, spoiled, celebrity thing and opted out.

March 29, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michael

Barbie, you provided an easy target and an inflammatory statement that begs a response (or several I’m sure):

I have no problem with your opinion. My problem is that you try disguising it as not being racist. It is. When you ask a question such as: "Is it genetic?" There is no other way to interpret this. I find it disappointing that Strawberry didn't have the stones to stay in the game. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been to endure living in luxury accommodations while working long days on the set. I found it almost as disappointing as when Mark McGwire finally came clean about steroids, after years of lying about it. Even then, he only did it for selfish reasons. I didn't consider his shortcoming to be genetic. It is simply a matter of a weak character.

I've served in the military for more than 25 years. Believe me – no one race has the market cornered on whining (regularly, frequently and loudly). How unfortunate that you find it necessary to choose his color as an excuse, as opposed to an obvious demonstration of his lack of dedication.

I don’t look for peoples opinions to match mine nor do I expect it. I only hope that when someone speaks, they have the courage to be straightforward and honest about where their opinions come from.

March 29, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Suzieee

Barbie, why would you inject race into your comments? "Most" of the contestants on all of these shows complain.

March 29, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. laura TJ

Maybe he did'nt want to be around all the alcohol that flows while the losing team is in the board room. I think just age is taking a toll on him–he is sober 16 years–He may give to charity. Reading his autobiography–what a story,waht a life. Peace !

March 29, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Barbie

Arthur: How is it "revisionist history" to simply state the facts as I see them. Is it now un-American to state a personal opinion just because it doesn't match yours?

March 29, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. kd

very disappointed with Strawberry, he seemed disinterested from the start, and the fact that he knows New York probably the best, and I'm sure has ample wealthy contacts who would have donated money to his autism charity...why be on the show anyway if you're just going to give up, IMO, let's just hope the NY Mets strive harder this year!

March 29, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Nanc

I think that Strawberry might be ill again....he looked really unhealthy, except in the boardroom. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have cancer again.

Who SHOULD be in the final four?

Bret (a lot smarter than given credit)
    Sharon (bosses everybody around)
    Cyndi (knows NY and is smart about stuff)
    Curtis (sits back and is an all around good guy who won't irritate people)

March 29, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  10. Arthur

Barbie,
    Did you forget, that both Survivor (Vecepia Towery) and the Apprentice(Randall Pinkett) had winners who were Black, and in the first season of the Aprrentice (Kwame) was the first runner up. Stop your typical revisionist history.

March 29, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. vallary

I am so glad this show is coming back with real people needing a job. The celebrity thing is ok and I am glad they are giving the time and helping out. but, I want to the show back to its roots. To many of the celebrity shows

March 29, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  12. Barbie

ambi: I am not trying to be racist, just saying what I've observed. It just seems like some black contestants quit too soon, lack the perseverance. Thank goodness, like you said, that there are good ones who compete to the end. It's just sad that Mr. S could not realize that he is a role model for many kids (of all colors) and will now be known as a quitter, and for charity no less!

March 29, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. ambi

At Barbie I take offense! and I'm also mad that I have to agree with you, it gets on my nerves too, (though to be fair you do have others that complain too)

though I will say there have been a few GOOD black players on savior and big brother that honestly deserved to win, they had the best game play and never did

March 29, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. Marcy

My vote for winner is either Sharon Osbourne, Brett Michaels (don't let the bandanna and funny hair fool you-he is one smart guy) or Rod B.

March 29, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. ambi

yeah he was a lazy punk! I'm glad he left he was a waste,

and yeah the women's leader this week SUCKED, they only won because the men were so bad

March 29, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  16. Barbie

Why are black people on these reality shows so wussy? Note on Survivor that more than one have whined constantly and wanted to quit, one actually did (a guy). Is it genetic?

March 29, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  17. Paul

Final Four Picks:

Rod Blagojevich
    Sharon Osbourne
    Curtis Stone
    Cyndi Lauper (Needs ratings, and she is a ratings monster being the trainwreck she is)

March 29, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |