March 25th, 2010

Lance Gross and Eva Marcille call off engagement

testing captions
testing captions

Looks like there won’t be a real-life “Our Family Wedding” for actor Lance Gross after all.

Gross and “America’s Next Top Model” winner Eva Marcille (formerly Eva Pigford) have called off their engagement, Essence.com reports.

The couple, who got engaged on Christmas Eve in 2008, were scheduled to marry in July. The pair released a statement to Essence saying that their decision to split was mutual.

"Lance Gross and Eva Marcille have mutually decided to end their relationship. The split is completely amicable," the statement read.

Gross is one of the stars of the film “Our Family Wedding,” in which his character is set to marry a character played by “Ugly Betty” star America Ferrera. He won an NAACP Image Award for his work on the TV show “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne.”

Marcille is a model and actress who has appeared in music videos and on the soap “The Young and the Restless.”

1. Anatolyl Cottonef

I will immediately clutch your rss feed as I can't find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please let me know in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

July 12, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Name*tazrautley

I think they make a very good couple! Aww !!, I hate it didn't work for them

July 4, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jacqueline ofori-atta

eva sweetness, am so sorry abt wat u goin thru, u,r such a unique person that any man who dsnt see is even worth fighting for, it dsnt matter many relatnships u,v failed with, thngs like this dnt mk us weak bt stronger. e ryt one will show up sooner than u think, dnt give up, keep e faith flowing, a,v alwayz been ur no 1 fan. luv u gal, dnt let negative coments bother u, good luck!

March 12, 2011 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  4. Rose Stratovic

Well, who would want to marry a woman who is not certain if she is a lesbian or straight? she has her past! is her loss because he is GORGEOUS! Man fool around with women who are easy going but when they want a wife they want a nice, serious girl to be the m other of their children, who can blme them? Nowadays is hard to find a real man and a real woman. Everybody follows just because. Only few people have morals today!

August 18, 2010 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. Angel Arnold

This is news why?

March 29, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Yo

Why did she change her last name from Pigford? It's such a beautiful name! Be true to yourself, girl!

March 27, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lady V

Treva

The met on the House of Payne show. So they haven't been dating for years. I'm not jelous of her. I just think she is too talent and her career is taking off for her to think about a serious relationship. I hope she finds happiness. When on ANTM I knew she was going to win and I have always been a fan. I think she just like being in love and doesnt' date like Janet Jackson but wants to marry.

March 26, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. 757 to 919

I would love to see more of the Ossie Davis(RIP) and Ruby Dee's in this Hollywood world. I commend them on acting mature and calling it off now rather than being in a marriage and still unsure, later leading to a costly divorce. If it's true love, they will find their way back to each other. Sometimes you don't realize what you had until it's gone. Blessings to them both.

March 26, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joi Anderson

i knew it wouldn't last...i have a feeling that they will remain close friends... or never want to speak to each other again.

March 26, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Head Diva In Charge

Hmm, I thought I was good with Pop Culture. Who and who?

March 26, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JK

Wasn't she Queen Lathifa's lesbian lover...???

March 26, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  12. Treva

Lady V-= your jealously is amusing. This couple have been together for YEARS! it was not a 6 month affair and she is moving on to the next. get your facts straight

March 26, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. Treva

oh no!! they were so cute together. i am so sorry to hear of the break up.

March 26, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  14. laura TJ

It happens - it is not a happy thing,better off calling off the wedding & being decent towards one another then going through a divorce–all will be well,maybe in the future they will get back together

March 26, 2010 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  15. Deke

I always wanted her with someone else. Hopefully she'll find Mr. Right. Mabye she needs to stay away from the actors. Get her a NBA player or a congressman.

March 25, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  16. a

i do think it was a shame, an arguement and they called off the wedding. i mean i bet i know who that was, unless it was cheating i don't see why, he made like he really loved her. I mean even when you are married you will have issues i think she needs to pray. he seems like a nice guy. oh well. I hope it wasn't him who screwed up. at least they are mature, better this than a divorce. their kids would have been cute.

March 25, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Lady V

I'm not surprised by this. This is EVA the Diva third called off wedding. She was first enaged to Henry Simmons, than another guy I can't remember his name and now Lance Gross.

she is just having fun and collecting diamonds.

March 25, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ms. Thang

I am suprised at Eva...You are right.. Keeping the diamonds, for a stash...lol

March 9, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. INTRIGUE

Gross is a former model himself and in the interviews I've seen seems only slightly less vacuous than his character on House of Payne. I'm not surprised the two went their separate ways before too long.

March 25, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Channtell

I liked them together. :(
    Well, I guss I can have him now. Lol.

March 25, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. NadineBee-LA

Much better than a photos to the highest bidder type over the top wedding, babies, then a divorce!!
    Eva is my former German fiancee's ideal mixed race daughter. A Jamaican/German mix would totally be as sweet and pretty!! I was happy when she won ANTM in 2005: "From a tomboy to a Cinderella". she'll do alright. Go find a European guy...LOL!!

March 25, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Double Take

I mean really...who didn't know this was going to happen? It's almost inevitable now a days for famous couples not to stay together. I admire Jay-Z and Beyonce's relationship for not being so public and open. Granted they may break up soon, but I think the mystery of their affections to the public will help them last a while...

March 25, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Daphane

I am so sorry to hear that, but people have to do what is best for them. It was better for the both of them to come to an agreement like adults, that way they will be able to remain friends and move on to whatever God has in store for the both of them. It's makes moving on much easier. I wish the best to the both of them.

March 25, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Shontell

Wow! I just saw him in an interview on The Mo'Nique Show stating how excited he was about planning the wedding!! I guess you just never know...How unfortunate though. They were such a cute
    couple. :-)