March 25th, 2010

Carrie Underwood talks to Allure about love

Singer Carrie Underwood is in a good place these days, with a hot career and a wedding to plan.

The country music star is on the cover of Allure magazine this month and talked to the publication about her fiancé, hockey player Mike Fisher.

“He is the person that I see making me happy for the rest of our lives, and he is the person I would do anything for to make him happy,” Underwood said during the interview. “I very well may be the luckiest girl in the world.”

Underwood first came to fame as the winner of the fourth season of “American Idol” and said the show is not as restrictive as the public believes.

“People think they have us under lock and key for the rest of our lives,” Underwood said of the “Idol” brass, but “if  I don’t want to perform on it, I don’t have to ever again. Of course, I will because I’m not a little snot, you know?”

Despite several years in the limelight, the singer confesses that she feels a tad guilty sometimes about her success.

“I think if anybody in my position felt like they deserved it, there’d be something wrong with them,” she said. “Because going through ‘Idol,’ just that process, going to Hollywood and seeing all those people, there were beautiful women who were talented, and for some reason or another, they didn’t make it and I did. I’m grateful, but I guess I’m a little guilty.”

See all the photos from Carrie Underwood’s shoot on Allure's site.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. larry

wow people... bitter much!! LOVE YOU Carrie!!!

March 26, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Brad

Kelly Pickler will be around after Carrie becomes a singer in Branson.

March 26, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jeff

April, how did she knock your aunt down? She weighs all of 90 lbs. Is your aunt a dwarf? Regardless, it obviously wasn't intentional. I would be exstactic if Carrie Underwood accidentally bumped into me and almost knocked me over. Makes for a great story. And what the hell do you mean she wore a poster over her face? wtf? who cares. I respect her just for the simple fact that she lives in Nashville and didn't stay in LA after Idol and become a coke sniffing party club slut like all the other little famous hoes that think its sooo cool to say you "live in LA" and think that LA is the best place in the world, when in-fact, it's a giant crime, pollution & traffic infested materialistic sh*t-hole of a town. It's like a 3rd world country.

March 26, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. Str8 Outta Tx

the way it seems, none of these hollywood stars are capable of love. pity... she is beautiful and talented enough that she could have damn near anyone.

March 25, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. radar2009

I sense that some people are jealous of her. She made it through "Idol" for a reason. Because she deserves it. She feels guilty because she has a good heart. She knows the other contestants fought just as hard but she was the best. You go girl! And as for Mike Fisher, he is perfect. Carrie, you are one lucky girl. He is a wonderful man! God bless the two of you.

March 25, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. April

I know for a fact she is a little snot. 2 years ago at the celebrity softball challenge in Nashville she walked through Greer Stadium with a poster over her face, and practically knocked my aunt down. So infact she is a "Little Snot." Tallented yes.... And I used to really like her until that day.

March 25, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Herectus Rambeaux

Hey Eve, she ain't gonna say anything. Now that she's famous, she doesn't care. Carrie..I am so disappointed.

March 25, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Eve Lynne

She is saying nice things about Idol because it worked out for her. Let's talk to Ruben and see what he has to say......

March 25, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |