March 24th, 2010

'Idol' will cut to Top 10 Wednesday night

Didn’t get enough Miley Cyrus Tuesday night on “American Idol”? Don’t worry, she will be back.

The “Hannah Montana” star returns to the “Idol” stage on Wednesday to perform on elimination night.

Watch CNN's  "American Idol" blogger Lisa Respers France and CNN Radio's Michelle Wright discuss Cyrus’ time on “Idol.”

She’ll also be joined by reported couple Demi Lovato and Jonas Brother member (and former “Idol” guest judge) Joe Jonas, who will perform their duet “Make a Wave.”

In the midst of the tween dreams, one unlucky contestant will be booted from the show. It’s a shame because only the Top 10 on “Idol” get to go on tour.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to predict that Paige Miles will hit the bricks. Her performance was absolutely the worst of the night.

Then again, who knew that Tim Urban would have lasted this long?

Join CNN tonight and  throughout the "American Idol" season as Lisa Respers France blogs live during the performance and result shows.

1. arlo

Miley Cyrus..... a music mentor????? That's like haveing teh Jonas Brothers give tips to the Beatles...

March 25, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Fire69

Who was elimnated 2nite from the show, didn't get to watch.

March 25, 2010 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. betty

Hey Adrian, you only wish you had a quarter of the talent Miley has not to mention the money lol. Jealous much?

March 24, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mushymushroom

can't we just cut it down to top 5 tonight...??!!

March 24, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mom

@linds...try switching to another radio station, one that doesn't play her at all!

March 24, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. linds

moon627, have you not listened to the radio? i am so sick of her USA whatever song... it seems to be on roughly every 20 seconds. to my knowledge she doesn't smoke though.

March 24, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mozart4898

@ moon627 – I imagine you've probably heard Miley sing even if you didn't want or try to, but if by some chance you haven't, you're not missing much. I have a feeling I won't even hardly wanna watch the show tonight because the only part of it I'll really want to see is who gets eliminated just to see that the people get it right (should be Paige). I really don't care to watch her sing for a possible save either – she might as well just pass on that because there's no way they'll save her if she'd be the one to be eliminated. (People the judges would save, IMO – Crystal, Siobhan, Casey, maybe Mike or Lee...and I don't think there's ANY way any of them will be up for elimination.)

March 24, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. WHATEVER

I can kind of tell when Simon isn't being 100% honest. I'm not fully sure, but think this is one of those times where he's hoping America doesn't catch on to how good Siobhan is. So he tries to make her look bad. Put it this way. I can't say that he's gone out of his way to make her look good. However he has done so for Crystal. . But that's his chosen favorite.

March 24, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Adrian Cronauer

American Idol... the best get better and the worst continue to spiral downward out of control. It's like watching a train wreck. I'm shocked. I had higher hopes for some of the contestants. I was convinced that Paige would pull it together but what was she thinking... or was she thinking? Maybe I give them more credit than they are due. That was a horrible song choice. Good singers know their limitations and vocal ability or range. She was either misinformed, in denial or needs to get some impartial feedback for a change. However it's probably too little too late. Bye bye Paige. She was by far the worst of the night. There's no way the judges are going to waste a save on this one.

What else is there to say about the show? Mediocrity. Aside from Bowersox and James the only other thing remotely amusing is listening to Siobhan screech her way through another song. I know a lot of people heralded her as the next Adam Lambert but again, what is Adam Lambert known for again? Yea, he was outrageous compensating for a lackluster voice. Don't creep us out Siobhan by following in Adam Lambert's second rate footsteps.

You couldn't pay me to watch the AI elimination show. Actually, that's the only way you could get me to watch the Wednesday night show. AI and it's self serving media circus touts Miley Cyrus like she's really something special. It's Miley Cirus people!

I don't think I'll be watching much more of American Idol this season. It's too predictable... and boring.

March 24, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. moon627

i dont think i've ever heard Miley sing but after seeing her on the show yesterday i have a feeling she's a smoker – – her voice sounds raspy like someone who needs to cough up some phlegm or a hairball.

March 24, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |