March 22nd, 2010

It's a Disney takeover on 'American Idol'

Miley Cyrus will appear on "American Idol" Tuesday as a guest mentor, guiding the 11 finalists through the Billboard No.1 Hits-themed show.

The recording artist and actress will also appear on "Idol’s" Wednesday results show, where she’ll perform “When I Look at You” - the song featured in “The Last Song” trailer.

Fellow Disney Stars, Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato - who will inevitably be referred to as ‘Jemi’ now that they've gone public with their relationship - will also perform Wednesday. The couple will sing “Make a Wave,” a duet they recorded for Disney’s "Friends for Change: Project Green," which will be featured in the upcoming film, “Oceans.”

This is Jonas’ second time on the show. He made his "American Idol" Debut when he appeared as a guest judge during the Dallas, Texas, auditions.

1. Rosina Antonini

Miley Cyrus lives a reasonably glamorous life for a teenager, and her fashion style undoubtedly reflects this. In front of the cameras when she's attending a movie premier or showing on the red carpet at music awards, the fashion style of Miley Cyrus is always exciting and fresh. From flannel to chiffon, her vivacious spirit adds sparkle to everything she wears."^-.

Most up to date posting coming from our new webpage <http://www.caramoanpackage.com/index.php/

July 10, 2013 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. Outo

Hi Miley Cyrus

April 19, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. courtney

okay first of all Miley Cyrus is a great singer and she isnt a slut, yes she has made some mistakes but she has learned from them. she is only 17. everyone makes mistakes. she has learned from all her mistakes and i think that she was wonderful on idol on wed and tues. she sang vary vary well and "JEMI" sang well too. so stop being mean to her and leave her alone. geeeez she isnt a slut..........miley is a great role model in my opinion and shes a christian she tries to go to church as much as she can but its very hard because there are so much paparazzi its hard for her to get out to go to church b/c of the fans and the paparazzi so just leave her alont and i know her personally so just get off her back thank you love you miley

March 26, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. Carla

So now that the show has aired we can say that Miley isn't all that and the "jemi" Joe and Demi performance was lacking. The idol contestants were much better than the guest stars.

March 26, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. visitor

I'm 40 and took my 6 yr old to a Miley concert. She can sing. She definately has talent and puts on a great show. She's also around the same age as some of the contestants and I'm sure they will look up to her.

March 26, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. Edwin R

is this what America has come to????? the last thing we needed was for some teenage girl who can't sing to be "mentoring" actual singers who ACTUALLY perform day in and out!! Disney singers should just stick to their old fashion lip sync and sing to little kids! this is just too much of a shame for all!!!

March 26, 2010 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. Amber

Hell no. Ah, She can't sing. She's turning into a major slut that Disney found and Stupidly put onto a a poor, uninteresting show called Hannah Montana; that she may be quitting because she wants to.... Mhmm, some idol for little kids, right? Lame. Get fantastic singers on American Idol as mentors, PLEASE!!!

March 24, 2010 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. Daphne

When I heard Miley was going to be a mentor on Idol I was shocked. How could someone who could still benefit from having a mentor of her own possibly qualify to mentor these folks with such young raw talent. I would rather see her father be a mentor during country week.....I think he has seen a bit more than she has in his years in the industry! But once again...its all about ratings :/ You have to wonder if Miley were to go through the American Idol process would she make it to Hollywood or in to the Top 12?

March 23, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Wow

Im not the biggest Miely Crus fan out there but seriously? All of this is rediculous. Stop critisizing her. Id like you guys to sing as well she can. Look at yourselves before you bash someone else

March 23, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sky

I don't know why people are saying miley's not a good singer, i love all her songs. Miley, don't listen to them your a great singer your songs are great, you are awesome from my view. :-)

March 23, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Suzy

I can't wait for the last song to come out! I love the song "when I look at you"!

March 23, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Carmichael

You guys don't get it. This is not about whether or not she can or can't sing, sell or not sell albums; it's about whether or not she 's qualified to be a MENTOR on that show, and the answer is no.

Based on some of the comments, it's obvious that some of you don't know what a mentor is.

men-tor
    –noun
    1. a wise and trusted counselor or teacher.
    2. an influential senior sponsor or supporter.

March 23, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. paul

to each his own on whether they love or hate miley cyrus. I personally think the girl is very bright..she CAN sing in my book...and if you have someone who is willing to sing a song like "when I look at you" and read the lyrics to the song..read the book that nicolas sparks wrote...and be in a movie like this? She doesnt get my criticism...but all my praise! God chose her to be in this...the message that this song/movie will bring might touch kids who are not yet believers...ever think about that? God bless you all!! Miley...keep up the good work! God bless!

March 23, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cady

Miley is one of the most underrated singers out there.
    Don't forget that that kid just turned 17 and has been performing in front of millions of people since she was 11 or 12.
    Not to mention she writes her own songs on her own album.

March 23, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. KEVIN

Miley can't sing? Well she had been making a career off of that for almost 5 years and has had 2 headlining sold out tours... I would think she can sing. THE LAST SONG YAYAYA!

March 23, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Guest

wow.....you guys say how horrible Miley is, ur just jealous because she can sing and perform at a young age....she will be a great mentor on tuesday and i love the song when i look at you!!! i cant wait for the performance tomorrow! she is a great singer and role model! i look up to her!!! :) I will always love Miley :)

March 23, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jamie Beasley

Miley is making it on her own. Her dad hasn't been in the picture in so long that the people her age don't even know who he is. Also, everybody said the same things about Christina, Brittney, NSYNC, Backstreet Boyz....they all did very well since being on Disney. Some are still producing music that you sing along to in your car! Without Disney people like Justin Timberlake could very possibly have been a nobody. He isn't now, and he started out on Disney just like Miley. If anything she is smarter than the rest of you half wits for having the know-how to get her to a place that offers her opportunities to advance her career. I may not watch her show, but I do sing her songs, and I am going to be at the movies when "The Last Song" comes out! She would be a great mentor if for no other reason than she has been there and done that!

March 23, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  18. miam/niley

It is gonna be great <3 I love Miley, she is a great singer and actress :)

March 23, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  19. neda

everyone shut up and stop talking crap about miley!!

March 23, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  20. CJ

I too think she is a little young to be a mentor however she can sing pretty well. I realize most don't like her because she is so young and has made more of her life at 17 than most of us ever will but lets not be childish about it.

Also, lip-syncing? I think you are thinking of Ashley Simpson.

March 23, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Alex

YES MILEY :D
    I can understand where people are coming from to a point saying she's 'too young' and 'not experienced enough' but she's been chosen and she will be appearing on the show so suck it up and stop complaining. I don't see the point in commenting if all you're going to do is give a negative opinion of her? Waste of time in my opinion.

I'll stop my rant there before it gets out of hand.

March 23, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. robin

There are several contestants who sing better than Miley Cyrus. She has not earned this honor yet. All of the past mentors have a huge body of music to draw from. The contests have sung the songs of their mentors. How can all of them sing Miley Cyrus songs when there have been so few of them?

March 23, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  23. KarenM526

You know who needs to be a guest mentor on Idol? Someone who is a legend, and institution – STEVE PERRY! He and Randy Jackson toured together in Journey and Steve's voice, his presence, and his expertise are all prerequisites for having a qualified mentor for these Idol contestants!

Steve Perry! Anyone with me?

March 23, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Claire

AI doesn't do anything that isn't totally calculated. They aren't bringing Miley on for the benefit of the contestants. They are having her on the show to bring in the younger ratings. It's all about the money.

March 23, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Scottie

I can see her drawing young viewers to the show, but let's be honest. No one else better wanted the job? What's that say about AI? The show is totally jumping the shark this year. The end of days is near people. Time to find a new hobby!

March 23, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jason

Miley Cyrus as mentor? What, was Rick Astley unavailable?! She would be a good business mentor, after the show. However, she shouldn't be giving out performance advice, to anyone....ever. Ever.

March 23, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bostonian

Well, as if the news that Simon Cowell leaving wasn't bad enough, now we're told that Miley Cyrus is going to be a guest mentor. Obviously what credibility and relevance American Idol had left is being thrown right out the window. What next, William Hung as next week's mentor? How terribly sad to see the show hit such a low. With such a weak roster of talent this year, such a poor choice of a mentor might just mark the end of this show. What a sad way to go out.

March 23, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  28. michele

A MENTOR PLEASEEEEEEE she's like what 20???

my money is on that American idol did this to bring the ratings up from the teenie boopers fan's of Miley's...so obvious....unreal..

Miley needs more years under belt to be considered a Mentor....this just sickens me that American idol would do this...

their show is already sinking....but to pull this is unreal....how about Mentors like Meat loaf....bruce springsteen...people who have been in the business for a long time....

March 23, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Renee

OMG.....they really have hit bottom this week.....the tweens will love it, the adults will use the remote and mute buttons both nights. I agree with everyone who thinks this is so bad. The ones who think Miley and company are great, get back to your classroom, now! The majority of the idol contestants are older than any of Miley and co. and will be laughing behind their backs.

March 23, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Guest

Wait, isn't April Fool's Day next week?

March 23, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. jeff

Love the comments from the usual peanut gallery of internet losers.

Miley can sing, and she's a great kid. If anything, her dad is famous again because of her, not the other way around.Get over your jealous selves and stop picking on a talented kid.

March 23, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Just A Thought

@ Tessa – Miley is going to be a mentor, not a judge! Ellen, although not a singer, and not who I would have picked, is quite prominant in the entertaining buisness, and that's what we are ultimately wanting here, is to be entertained; with that in mind shes acceptable. And as much as I dont like her, she is getting better.

March 23, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Just A Thought

AS said by the judges many times – Miley is current, popular and memorable! As mentioned before she is more than qualified! Her carreer speaks for itself.

BTW – her dad sings country and has nothing to do with her success!

Previous mentors are irrelevant; Miley is!

March 23, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Carmichael

Sorry, but no - no way she's qualified, hit albums or not. Think of the caliber of previous mentors on the show. No way.

March 23, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  35. freddy

miley CAN sing. For her age she is a wonderful singer. she stays in pitch and has great control. she will only get better with age. she is a wonderful role model to look up to as far as "REAL" talent and personality. she has performed enough years and has the experience to give advice to teen singers and some older ones too. we need more real singer like that. instead of relying on "taylor swift, who does not know pitch at all. come on now. how tone deaf can u be people.

March 23, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  36. moostermiley

I can't wait for her performance on "American Idol!" The song "When I Look At You" is amazing and to have Miley perform the song on American Idol is icing on the cake!

March 23, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  37. EB

Hmmmm.... I think she is way to young and that they are really scraping the barrel.... They need a new barrel. Not sure I am going to be watching the rest of the show. It am just not entertained anymore. Sad, because I've loved the show for so long.

March 23, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Tessa

American Idol lost me when Ellen replaced Paula. Why should non-singers and kids be judges for a million dollar prise?

March 23, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  39. Wesley

What will Miley tell them? Be sure and have a famous dad that can get you a job when you have very little talent?

March 23, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  40. Carmichael

This is utterly ridiculous. To bring in an OMG-teenager as an AI mentor is an insult not only to the contestants but to the audience as well. What is she... like 12, 16, 18? Heck, even if she's 20, she's still a Disney kid. Jeez ... who's next, Cinderella?

This will no doubt be a sickening spectacle, probably as sickening as witnessing perfectionist-control-freak Kate Gosselin trying to waltz on Dancing With The Stars. The 80-year-old astronaut did better, if you ask me–at least he had fun.

March 23, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  41. Just A Thought

Obviously, you folks have no idea of what this young lady has accomplished. Not to mention the #1 albums mentioned above she was also nominated for a Golden Globe and was Time's top 100 of most influential people! Miley is involved with several charities and quite frankly Miley's success is something most singers/actresses love to accomplish!

March 23, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  42. Just A Thought

Miley, may be young, but certainly qualified for the Billboard theme week. Both of her albums "Meet Miley Cirus" and "Breakout" debuted at #1! So, that alone would be quite an accomplishment for any of the idol hopefuls!

So, yes, Miley is definitly qualified!

March 23, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  43. crissie pie

uh she needs to sit her butt down somewhere because she isnt a good role model plus she dated Nick Jonas

March 23, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  44. dillion

i love your singing but it is still sucks like a wearwolf singing a lalaby

March 23, 2010 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  45. Terri

Okay, this is just ridiculous. She is no mentor. I would not even let her be a mentor to my cat. She is what? 16. A mentor would be someone that has been in the biz a long time and paid their dues. Idol is really going down hill. I for one will not be tuning in. Sorry idol cannot vote for this one!!

March 23, 2010 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  46. mordrud

can u say "jumped the shark" boys n girls?
    I knew that ya could.

March 23, 2010 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  47. Dave B

Miley a mentor. I've watched my last Idol!!!!!!!

March 23, 2010 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  48. J Go

Barf. Yet another week that I won't need to waste my time by watching.

March 23, 2010 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  49. Random

Ew.

March 23, 2010 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  50. eva

This can't be happening! A guest mentor......i would consider this a slap in the face if I were an idol hopeful.
    I have absolutely nothing against Miley....but she should be an idol and mentor to children who are her biggest fans.
    I wouldn't want an over-exposed teenager as my singing mentor especially when I do not think she can sing that well. She's a star no doubt- but a singer? That's a big 'no'
    ....And Simon Cowell agreed to this???

March 23, 2010 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  51. DennisH

Miley Cyrus will be a great mentor for Idol. She writes the majority of material she sings, she knows the music business better than most adults. She only made 18 to 20 million last year. I'd say thats pretty good for a 17 year old. Anyone who says she can not sing and is talentless is clueless.

March 23, 2010 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  52. jjfromnyc

okay, american idol has officially jumped the shark

March 23, 2010 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  53. Jeff

What are they thinking? Miley, and the Jonas Brothers are nothing in comparison with REAL talented singers! I am willing to bet a good sum of money that Simon and the judges won't be allowed to critique the guest performances, or if they do they will have to keep it positive. I am embarrassed for them.

March 23, 2010 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  54. Brad

Pathetic. How is this girl in any position to judge someone else's singing performance when hers is so dreadfully terrible?

March 23, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  55. idolisdead

american idol is officially dead. miley cyrus has no business acting in the capacity of mentor. she would have never even made it to the top rounds, and it just points up all that is wrong with this show, and the music business. idol has completely sold out, they are sabotaging the credibility of this show to make way for simon x-factor, and i can no longer watch it. i hope the rest of the country just tunes out, and shows their disapproval of the disneyification of idol by not viewing this travesty. or supporting x-factor, or any remaining ploys by these bonehead producers to rape and pillage the last remaining shreds of credibility from this once great show.

March 23, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  56. Destiny

Arthretha Franklin should be a guest on the show instead of these children. Afterall, they are trying to sing her songs as often as possible on the show. Miley is no example for young ladies. Its time to choose a new Miley. The little black girl who sing, and plays the guitar, but was sent off of Idol is a perfect choice.

March 22, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Whitney

Miley can't sing so why is she mentoring them on something she can't even do? She's only famous because of her father, not because she's good at what she does, which she isn't even good at.

March 22, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  58. twings

jealosy is an ugly thing!

March 22, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  59. kelly

are you kidding me? Don't you have to have a long career to mentor?? She is still a KID! most of those people on Idol have more talent than she does! this is just stupid...I am totally dissapointed at IDOL

March 22, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  60. lol

lmao a lip-snycer on american idol!!!??? thats great

March 22, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  61. mushymushroom

SERIOUSLY!!!!?????????

Well I guess it will be more acceptable; somehow, if she's like a representataive of Disney or something like that not a "MENTOR" because that's a huge thing. A mentor is like a teacher, and what a mentor teaches is based on his experience. Miley clearly is inexperienced; what are the milestones of her career? Hannah Montana? Has she won a grammy? Or at least recognized as the best singer in this generation? She is of the most popular maybe but definitely not the best.

And what could she advice to the contestants? Practice pole dancing? LOL!

They could have just had Lea Salonga as the mentor, she's a broadway actress and has sang several songs from Disney...she's the singing voice of Jasmin in Aladdin and Mulan to name a few...And if the contestants will hear her sing, that itself can teach them a thousand lessons. :)

March 22, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  62. fred

Horrid. Just horrid. Miley Cyrus as guest mentor!?!?

March 22, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  63. gloriaporter

Awsome!I love american idol.I guess ill be seeing u there.

March 22, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  64. theresa

give me a break! how old is she? a mentor? I don't know whether to skip Idol this week or tune in just to get a laugh. stupid.

March 22, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  65. MC

You'll be proud of us

March 22, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Sarah

I love Miley's voice and am so excited to see her perform "When I Look At You" on the show!! I've been listening to it on repeat for a while in anticipation of The Last Song... Can't wait!!

March 22, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Niaomi

Wow.
    1. Miley is not good enough (in my opinion) to be on American Idol. It's bad enough that little kids look up to the girl.
    2. American Idol should bring more 'good' singers on the show. Didn't they bring Ke$ha the other day? Well, I like her, but her singing was horrible.
    3. SINCE WHEN WERE JOE AND DEMI DATING? I need to catch up on Perez....

March 22, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  68. DopieR

Miley can't sing? Seems to me she's doing a pretty good job of it and not all of her fans are little kids.

March 22, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  69. tay

cool congrats Miley U SUCK MILEY LOL <3 <:

March 22, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  70. moon627

Hmmm... i dont see how it makes any sense to have these Disney kids mentoring the AI top 11 when the theme is : Billboard No.1 Hits

I could understand more if the theme was Disney songs or some kind of youth-oriented theme but since its Billboard No.1 Hits shouldnt it be someone whose had a BB #1 hit ?

March 22, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Jason S.

American Idol must be running out of potential mentors, so they had to scrape the barrel.

March 22, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Connie

Not only can Miley not sing, she has crooked teeth (for someone SO wealthy) and she has very poor posture.

March 22, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Hannah

I like all three of the above-mentioned people, but i feel like Miley might be a little young to be the mentor for American Idol. While she certainly has talent, I feel like if I were a contestant, I would prefer advice from a "great", ie whitney houston, mariah carey, queen, barry manilow, etc. It seems like Miley would be an appropriate choice in 15 years.

March 22, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  74. GregTheAnimatedCat

Oh my....

They've truly lost their minds haven't they? Miley can't sing worth a shitaki mushroom. What is this?

March 22, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Sherry

This child can NOT sing, someone has to tell her someday then what?

March 22, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  76. ryan

sad and pathetic.

March 22, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Daniela

Miley as a guest mentor on America Idol? please!!! I would understand if she was a good singer. but really she is just a teen girl that started her carrer in Disney who bunch of young kids and little girls like. But really have no talent; she only has the charisma to attract young kids that don't know any better.

March 22, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Hannah

I like all three of the above-mentioned people, but i feel like Miley might be a little young to be the mentor for American Idol. While she certainly has talent, I feel like if I were a contestant, I would prefer advice from a "great", ie whitney houston, mariah carey, queen, barry manilow, etc. It seems like that would be an appropriate choice in 15 years.

March 22, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  79. liljerk22

Well I can't understand a word that commenter wrote up there!

March 22, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Omaha Reader

sorry but this is just sad...

March 22, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  81. jamisa harris

this so cool but can you be more detaied please this is so not cool i like detailed ok got get it good

oxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo