March 17th, 2010

Corey Feldman: My mission in life was to save Corey Haim

Corey Feldman Corey Feldman was true to his word and did not attend the funeral for his best friend and former co-star, Corey Haim, out of respect for Haim's family's desire to keep the funeral out of the media spotlight.

Instead, Feldman wrote a heartfelt open letter to Haim on his blog, expressing his sorrow over being absent from the funeral, and his remorse that no one will ever understand him the way Haim did.

Feldman's mission in life, he wrote, became saving Haim's.

"I never gave up, I tried …I walked away, but I always came back, to let you know I was there. In a dark and lonely world with spiteful angry people we always understood each others pain," Feldman said.

The actor said in an earlier statement that he was planning a separate memorial for Haim, scheduled to happen within a month, where friends and fans can grieve.

"I will do my very best to help give you a memorial that is a celebration of your life the way you would have wanted it," Feldman wrote, "with everybody laughing and rocking out!"

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

« Previous entry
  1. GG

corey feldman went on about haim's issues so much in the public which made haim look bad and made feldman look good.
    it's easier to focus on other peoples problems than focus on your own.Feldman, I would love to hear more about your issues since you so easily talk about haims past issues to the public all the time. Feldman builds himself up to be a "winner" and tries to compare or compete with haim. R.I.P Corey

April 27, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  2. nikrok

as a recovering alcoholic i can and did sympathize with the struggle i saw corey haim go through at the time of his life during the two coreys.what i also saw was a friend try to be there and try to help. corey haim was responsible for his actions and his actions only,no one else put the pills in his mouth,no one chose his path but corey haim, if you corey feldman use his death for a platform or publicity to further anything that has to do with your celebrity status and career then it is you that has to look in the mirror in the morning at a worthless human being for your actions will be a slap to the haim families face,the mark you leave will be bigger than corey haims death itself.

March 21, 2010 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  3. Laura

You know I have read so many comments on here that are so negative. Everyone knows the man had a problem but goodness sakes people have some respect for the dead. Whatever personal struggles Corey Haim had he was still a light in this world that was snuffed out way to soon. He was a wonderfully talented man who made a wrong decision when he was too young to even be making them. Have you never made a wrong decision?? We all have! I'm sure he had no clue when he was a teenager that he would be in a constant battle his entire adult life. It could have been any one of us so maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge. I personally am a fan of his work and I will forever miss his presence on this Earth!

RIP Corey-missing you always!!

March 21, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. Patti

Shame on all of you that had a bad comment about Fieldman. I deeply believe that he cared so much about Haim but did not have the power to help him but he was always there for him. So don't be so hateful I no God would be ashamed of you.

March 20, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. skinfreak

My heart goes out to Corey. As much as he wanted to save Haim, that was a decision his friend had to make for himself. The start of the cable show "The Two Coreys" was an attempt to rescue Haim from himself. Any person in recovery can tell him that Haim had to acknowledge his addiction and change his routine. I have 23 years of sobriety and still know it's day to day battle that I plan to win.

March 19, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Corey_Hater

BORING ... they were boring in the 80's and Feldman is even worse now. The trainwreck is over for Haim, but other Corey has a chance to straighten up...instead he exploits his chum's death for his own gain. Good luck to ya, you'll still be a B-movie legend has-been.

March 19, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jessica*

Just by reading a few of these comments I can tell without a doubt that most of these people have never had a really good friend who was doing something so terribly bad to themselves and couldn't help them stop.

There comes a point when there is nothing left to do but walk away. As hard as it may be, you have to walk away.

I feel like Feldman is kind of milking Haim's death for all its worth though, and that's sad. Although, I do get that it's mostly coming from a good place, he loved him like a brother. I know that when I die, I don't want a funeral with everyone crying and being all sad. I want a party, where everyone can remember how many good times we all had together and that I'm in a better place and that everything is alright.

March 19, 2010 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. Carole Yarmo

I was at the memorial here in Toronto. there was less than 50 people outside. and the parking lot was 2/3 empty. I dont think there was 100 relatives there. It was very LOW KEY

March 18, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. veronicasavage

You are such a media whore Feldman... I always liked you too but was shocked that you appeared on Larry King the SAME DAY THAT COREY HAIM DIED!! Have you no dignity? Even your hair was done to perfection! If my best friend died I wouldn't be giving interviews and having my hair done! But then, this is why I'm not a celebrity. I am not a vain attention seeker. I am devestated that Corey Haim has died. But to use his drug addiction and exploit him on t.v to make yourself look like the pro, the one who's got it together was low. My heart used to break when I'd watch "The Two Corey's" because Haim was so childlike and had so many issues. Corey Haim reminds me of more carefree times when I was a kid having sleepovers and watching the Lost Boys. I hope he's in a better place now where nothing and no one can hurt him. RIP Corey:o(

March 18, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  10. Andrea

When Corey Feldman was on Larry King Live voicing how upset he was that Hollywood and the fans turned it's back on Haim, how now that Haim has died and everyone was coming out to support him and celebrate his life, and where were they all of these years, I couldn't help being a little upset at Feldman's comments. Any celebrity with a drug, alcohol, anger, sex, etc. problem is a liability in Hollywood. No one is going to put up with or work with them for very long. (They may have put up with it years ago, but more and more celebs are getting dropped from films because of bad behavior or dropped from endorsements because of scandals, etc. because companies do not want to garner a bad reputation or lose money). And celebrities know that if their face is not out there for awhile, people are not going to remember who they are (unless they have an amazing talent that is valued). They only have so long to make an impression and then they're gone. And if you keep failing in front of others, they will give up on you because they will have lost faith that you can be responsible and clean yourself up. Then, the only things anyone will ever remember about you is maybe the few good movies, tv shows, or songs that you did, and all the trouble you got into. I have no doubt that Corey Haim was a great actor, but unfortunately, his drug problem overshadowed his career. I admire Corey Feldman for sticking by his friend and trying to help him get sober for so long. Not many other people would have done that.

March 18, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. My Opinion

I thought that the idiotic show "The Two Corey's" was a done deal??? Is Feldman trying to do a "one man show" here? GIve it a rest ....both Corey's are has-beens!

March 18, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  12. kim

Ok..... this Corey is trying to benefit from his friend's death. It makes me sick. Corey Feldman is trying to use this to benefit his career.... well this dude isn't talented in any way.... Corey Haim was an addict. Hard to help and addict who doesn't want to get better. I know from experience.

March 18, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  13. DC7

Meow

March 18, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  14. gengen

The BIBLE says that JESUS said ye who art without sin cast the first stone. It seems to me that there are a lot of very critically minded people out there. You only know what the media has written about either one of these guys. Some of you should get real yourselves. some of the things you are saying is mean and hypcritical, so you sinners out there and here need to watch what you say in the public.

March 18, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. new orleans girl

Ya know I sit here and read all this BS from people who clearly have no idea what it is to have to deal or live with an addict... Do you really think it is easy to walk away from someone you love...to kick them to the curb....Heck no! But when the things they do affect your daily life and your family, you have to do what you have to do to protect you, your property and most importantly your family! So he may have walked away but he never gave up hoping that one day he would open his eyes and get better. That is all you can do for people with an addiction. If they are not willing to help themselves there is no way you can help them.

March 18, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  16. b52g

feldman is just another hollywood "terd". You notice there are no capitol letters on names.

March 18, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  17. Lou

These people do this to themselves. If you take drugs you know what will happen. Why is everyone so surprised when it happens? They are cute, rich (maybe) and they think they can get away with everything. I feel sorry for the family left behind.

March 18, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  18. Karen

corey haim died?

March 18, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  19. pip`

I'm gonna miss you Haim. Your movies were great and its a shame another celebrity was lost to drugs. Hopefully people will wake up and realize this problem. Feldman I am behind you 100 %. Give your buddy his proper send off. I will be watching LOST BOYS that day as a tribute. Too bad he wasnt in the Goonies with you.

March 18, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  20. Cindy

For those of you judging Corey F.....saying he is doing this for fame? Plueeze like he would use one of the most painful things he will ever endure in his life to come back. Corey F has always been here in the background where he was happy. I watched The 2 Coreys...all in my teen years and always had a soft spot when ever i could see them in action again. I was sooo excited when The Two Coreys came out cause i could see them in action and if any of you out there watched...you would see the love, compassion and dedication these two had as best friends.There were Ups, Downs and All over the places but they did it together with Laughs, Tears and Hugs...they way Best Friends do. They were best friends to the end. Corey F put up with alot of stuff from Corey H cause he understood him....how many of you have abest friend like that...like a true best friend to be that close no matter what gender? Well i went through the same crap with a girl i was sooo close with as a best friend and i lost our relationship to drugs...she is now clean but that bond is gone. Haim.....I am sorry you are gone but u did make an impact on us wether you beleived it or not. Us girls will always have a soft spot in our heart...Rest in Peace Buddy! Feldman.....I am sorry for the pain that you are going through and the negativity that people are throwing your way. They should not judge until they really know how you feel. Corey would wrap his arms around you and give you the biggest hug and say Thanks Man.....i love ya. I have seen him do it on the show an dyou could tell how much he loved you. Know that he had to be the one to quit no matter what you did for him...that is a battle only he could conqueour himself. You never failed cause the true test was to stick by him and you did. Corey would love that you are having a well deserved funeral for this lost soul...and it is too bad the media could only appreciate him after he was gone! You truly are one of lifes best friends and i send you hugs!!!

March 18, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  21. Leigh

The only one that could save Corey was himself. This is a sad story.
    If Feldman loved Corey so much he would have been there with him instead of all on the streets where TMZ could photograph them together. You could tell Corey was uncomfortable with the photographers. I do hope they pass something like a Corey's Law. I had two friends addicted to pain killers and downers. One died at 47 and had everything in this world to live for and the other had a wake up call and she went to rehab and is now the happiest she has ever been. Everyone is different. The prescriptions were available and of course with Corey being who he was I am sure that they made sure he had plenty.
    My heart goes out to his mother. God Bless her and Corey may you finally rest in peace. We still love you.

March 18, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  22. Dawn

He claims Haim was his best friend, before his death they were'nt speaking to eachother. Why wouldn't Feldman go to his "best friend" funeral? Okay, his excuse was to avoid media attention, yet he went on Larry King, and he went to Micheal Jackson very "public" memorial last year. Something's not right!!!

March 18, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  23. Sover

He might well be sincere in his grief but come what may he should have gone to the funeral. Period.

March 18, 2010 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  24. Haters should shut the F**k up

I don't care what Feldman's motive is. Just leave him be. It's easier for you all to blame someone, namely Feldman, in this case. Who cares if he "failed" at his career, marriage or for skipping his friend's funeral. He's just a guy who lost a friend. Use your common sense...even if Feldman's career is dead or he is "has-been", you know that media will still follow him to the funeral and exploit the whole thing. Duh. Haters, you all need to grow up.

March 18, 2010 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  25. JD

If you were a true friend you would have gone to his funeral. You just miss the limelight. You said your mission in life was to save Corey
    Haim, you failed at that like you failed at acting, keep your mouth shut.

March 18, 2010 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  26. Lizzie

Feldman is a media whore and nothing else. Anyone who watched the A&E show "Two Coreys" saw just how Feldman treated his "best friend and brother". Feldman and his plastic wife thought they were better than Haim, and they let him know their feelings at every opportunity.

As someone else pointed out here, Feldman talked a lot of smack about Michael Jackson but after MJ died, Feldman appeared on Larry King Live and showed up at the funeral wearing a MJ outfit - anything to put him front and center of the cameras. He treated Corey Haim like a dog, but after he died, there's Feldman on Larry King Live again, crying and insisting that HE did everything HE could to save HIS friend.

Um, no he didn't. He turned his back on Haim and talked down to him. Him and his plastic bimbo wife ganged up on Corey Haim and now that Plastic Bimbo Barbie dumped him, Feldman's proclaiming that he was Corey Haim's best friend in life. Get over yourself, Feldman. You're a poser.

March 18, 2010 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  27. Steve

Corey Feldman, get over yourself. You are a talentless hack. Always have been. You feed off of any attention you can muster up.

Now you are riding the death of Corey Haim. On Larry King, you asked where everyone was the last ten years... You whined about Corey Haim not even being able to afford a car. Why didn't YOU help him out?

I think it is a tragedy that Corey Haim is gone. I loved his work and thought he was an awesome person.

What is more of a tragedy is you using this for your own benfit to try to be back in the spotlight in a world that does not want you there.

March 18, 2010 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
  28. georgeanna

It is rude and ignorant to ignore the fact that Haim had a toxic relationship with his mother who depended on him for years to financially support her. His career failed and the pressure on him to support the both of them was too much for him with his addictive personality. He didnt have a chance to grow up and get away from his dependent mother.
    I watched every episode of "The Coreys" and understood fully why Feldman stopped the show because of Haims disrupting the show comstantly, not to mention his constant nagging of Feldman. Its a wonder the Feldmans didnt divorce sooner because of it.
    Lets blame the people responsible for Haims life, especially his own choices.

March 18, 2010 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  29. Grover Spacenut

Feldman, come clean you couldn't go, because you aren't not allowed over the border due to being a druggie. Also, get a life, you can only ride the "Goonies" and "The Lost Boys". They were good in their days, but most have moved on and gotten on with their lives. also "Two Coreys" was horrible. Leave Haim alone, let the dead rest.

March 18, 2010 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  30. Tricia

Feldman is pretty revolting. Appearing on Larry King and stating that he was Haime's best friend is truly awful. I sincerely hope that Feldman will not be granted any more air time.

March 18, 2010 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  31. Mo

On The Two Coreys, Feldman and Haim discussed being molested by a homosexual at a young age. I can't help but think that was the root cause for Haim slipping into the world of addiction. He could have started using to escape the pain and the shame and it got to the place where he was in past the point of no return?

Some people just aren't wired to handle certain kinds of trauma and maybe it's something he couldn't recover from? In a way, I look at it like Corey committed suicide it just took him 25 years to do it. Too bad the person who molested these guys (and no doubt many, many more) didn't croak the day before he acted on his perverted impulses.

As for the people dumping on Feldman, well, he's certainly got his quirks but I think he sincerely wanted to see his friend get clean. Haim went to rehab 15 times so obviously the guy was treatment resistant. I can only imagine how much time Feldman invested in trying to help Haim win his battle with drugs.

I have a friend who triumphed over a serious drug addiction when I'd all but written her off and I have a friend who refused to get a liver biopsy his dr. ordered. The one who triumphed has had a hellish life and the one who will drink himself to an early grave has had life handed to him on a silver platter. You just never know who has it in them to survive and who can't rise above. Sadly, Corey Haim seemed like one of those types who just wasn't going to get clean no matter what. RIP.

March 18, 2010 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
  32. SilverBullit

I am 38! Way to young!

March 18, 2010 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  33. Brenda Reed

I do not have any idea what the true relationship was between these two gentlemen; however, I certainly recognize negative attitudes/posturing! You folks need to just get a grip!

March 18, 2010 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  34. Ed

corey haim is no better than michael jackson. They are both glorified drug addicts. If they were anybody else we would call them drug addicted trash. Good ridance to trash. At least corey wasn't a pedofile.I wonder how long before linsey lohan joins them

March 18, 2010 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  35. Tony Carter

you guys need to get a life........the guys were friends for over 20 years,and he is mourning in his own way.I was a huge Corey Haim fan from way back in the 80's.....".Rest in Peace my brother".....you will never be forgotten.

March 18, 2010 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  36. RC

Christ what a tragedy. It's ironic that Corey Haim was the same age as me. Haim was a millionare while I was delievering newspapers in grade 8. Flash forward, the guy dies penniless. Who's to blame, Corey was to blame for what he did to himself, the media was to blame for building him up and tearing him down, we were to blame. In a few weeks none of this shit will matter because, sadly the grim reality is that it's just another child star who should have gone to school. Instead all that fucken money went up his fucken nose and at the end of it death came and took whatever he had left.

March 18, 2010 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  37. Eve

I did some research here, as a HUGE Corey Haim Fan, and found out through my good buddies Youtube and Google that the real reasons behind not attending the funeral was due to Haim's families traditional Jewish Practices and Beliefs. This confirmed my thoughts on how one would not be able to attend a best friends funeral. I also, watched every episonde of "The Two Coreys" and heartbroken by the sad news. I watched many many many interviews of the two throughout the years over my research and believe proof being in the pudding, they did mean a huge deal to each other. A interview of them together, paparazzi clips of them shopping, movie junkets, and premieres together span throughout the last 20 years! I also heard Feldman speak in an interview of a close relationship he had with Judy, Haim's Mother and Bernie, Haims Father. "Parents of my own" he stated specifically. I think that Feldman and his family have pretty much moved on from Hollywood for the most part, I think Settling down made him realize how short life really is. I think the last thing in the world he cares about is "His agent" or "his 15 minutes of fame.
    I believe that "The Two Coreys" was done as a favor from Feldman to Haim to help him to become a household name again, to lift him off the addiction ground in which he had sunk. Unfortunately too much tim was passed and the show wasnt enough to revive Haim from a downward spiral of turmoil. But to the comments above to which outsiders speak without knowing the facts, do some research of your own, and you'll feel terrible about the remarks you have made! I think the blog letter was touching, personal, and cannot hold a candle to the pain Feldman feels on the inside. I assure you....there is an in-describable abscence, an emptiness where Corey Haim used to be, only filled mow to Feldman as Memories. Bless him, the family and all involved.

March 18, 2010 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  38. Man from Snowy River

Whhaaaaa! I love you man!!!!! Clown!!

March 18, 2010 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  39. jt

who are these people?

March 18, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  40. Dave

Corey who...?

March 18, 2010 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  41. MonasteryMonkey

Well you did a lousy job!

March 18, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  42. MichaelChatt

Some of you people seem to be so quick to be rude and hatefull that you don't bother to read or act or talk with any compassion. It seems the Internet lets people be there worse so they are. It certainly sounded like the family asked him not to be there. If they did then I understand why he wasn't there. I've seen the Biographies of both of these guys and the message appears to have been pretty consistent.

I should also remind you that Feldman is a recovering addict. It's not safe or wise for an recovering Addict to hang out with flat out addicts. I have friends myself and family that I love very much but sometimes they make choices that I don't support by avoiding those times and those decisions.

Being famous doesn't mean you have no heart. It just means people will say mean and hate filled things to you and about you when they are hiding behind the cowards viel called the Internet.

March 18, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  43. Feldmansucks

A memorial with everyone "laughing and rocking it out?" How out of touch are you Feldman? You would dance on Haim's grave in glee if you thought it would give you more media attention.

March 18, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  44. Steve

In the mafia, missing a funeral regardless of the reason is great disrespect. That is such a lame excuse.

March 18, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  45. tanyadj

ha ha- so funny just to read all the comments. given the same opportunity wouldn't we all do the same? hungry for fame is hungry for fame.

March 17, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  46. daniboy

feldman definitely knows this is his only way to a fast ticket for a comeback...what a loser

March 17, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  47. jeana

To all those who say that CF kicked CH to the curb and had not seen him in months needs to check their facts. TMZ had them out together just weeks before Cory's death. I have dealt with an addict and although you might say you dont want nothing to do with someone who doesnt want help, you always go back to try to help them.

March 17, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  48. DANNEL

very i mean very tactful and classy.

March 17, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Sharon M.

This pathetic has-been is using another person's death as a tool to get himself media attention. It's disgusting behavior. This dillweed has no right to speak on behalf of the family of the deceased, and he obviously was not as close to the family as he claims, or he would've been invited to the private funeral, as 200+ other family and close friends were. If he really was a friend to the late Corey Haim, he would NEVER reveal private information about the deceased to the public. I wonder how much he's being paid for these "interviews" he's doing. He claims to be close to Corey Haim's mother, and it's abundantly clear that he is NOT. The poor soul is suffering enough, without having to be exposed to what this media whore has to say.

It's obvious to me that he's using the death of an acquaintance, perhaps one time friend, to hog the spotlight in an attempt to get media attention. Remember, this is the jerk who did that reality show several years back with a bunch of other celebrities who were (and still are) no longer relevant. If he ever had a chance at doing anything else in movies or TV, that reality show was his ruination, as it proved to the world that even as an adult, he's nothing but an immature little cry-baby.

We know that CNN doesn't use qualified editors for the stories they print online, due to all the typographical errors and duplications of words. But, those of us who actually log on to cnn.com are logging on to read real news, NOT tabloid bull crap.

March 17, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  50. malcom

let's see. Corey's missions in life have been:

1) have a prolonged acting career (fail) self produced straight to DVD movies dont count

2) have a successful singing career (fail) self produced/released "concept" albums made with your girlfriend dont count

3) humiliate my family and reveal their dirty laundry for millions to see and hear (succeed!) his moments with his dad on Howard Stern are priceless

4) join the ranks of other celebs that few care about by starting a reality show (fail – no one watched and it was cancelled)

5) use his friends death to talk about what a great guy you are (succeed)

too bad no one believes a word you say Corey

you want to go on a reality show? you should have put Haim on INTERVENTION, b ut that wouldnt have gotten you a lot of screen time, would it?

March 17, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  51. lisa

Corey Feldman can only do and he so much, he was a close friend, that what he was " a friend." He was not a family member and in the eyes of the law a friend can't do anything! Family might have been able to do something who know's? Everyone needs to stop being so negative about Corey's death. There are people that do and did care about Corey and those people have FEELING'S! Also to the negative people out there, would you want someone to say that about you!
    We all need to be nice and stop being so nasty, isn't the world cold enough?

March 17, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Peter

Feldman is too cheap, he would have had to spend a few grand for his so called bets pal

March 17, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Toronto Guy

Life Mission Fail

March 17, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Craig

Reading such a collection of hurtful, pathetic, know-it-all comments such as these reminds me yet again how seldom I ever find anything of use in these comment/talkback sections.

There are so many moronic loudmouths out there that are proud of the fact that they have an orifice that occasionally emits something offensive. Those people seem to think that the rest of the world will be as entertained as they are with their 'creation'. I always wind up just holding my nose and sorry that I looked in the first place.

March 17, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  55. TG

The reality is that Cory Feldman is a frenemy.Where were you Cory when Cory H really needed help? I heard it right from the horses mouth.
    Do friends go on Larry King and describe shoving charcoal down someone's throat? Or tell the world that someones Mother has cancer? The public doesn't have access to the amount of charcoal that is given in the event of an overdose. That's a medical thing.
    Why don't you remember Cory for the gentle, troubled soul he was, and stop making this about you.
    Your 15 mins are up.

P.S Missed you at the funeral

March 17, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Mark

I think he knows this is his last 15 minutes of fame, so he's milking it for all it's worth.

March 17, 2010 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Eric

Who can forget that 17th century leotard he decided to wear on his wedding day on the Surreal World....mwhahahahah. ..and everyone else was dressed normal....what a totally self cenered, inappropiate, asinine thing to do.

March 17, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  58. redhead712

This is the first time I have ever written a comment on any website. I was reading all these comments about the two Coreys and some of them are horrible. It doesn't matter what happened- they were best friends. People wouldn't say these things about people they know. Why does everyone have to bash celebrities? They are people just like us. It's sad.

March 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Honda

Who are we to say what kind of a realationship both of these men had. I feel sorry for both Corey's they both were child stars that were thrust into a world of you get what ever you want whether it is good for you or not. Blame society and the movie people for not helping these men when they really needed it years ago.I am sure that Corey H knew that even in death they would still be friends. Corey Feldman needs to keep his life clean in honor of Corey H.

March 17, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  60. dudespeaks

Corey, despite what the negative posters, trying to be cute,
    are saying, ... you did not fail.

It was your friend Haim that failed. You two will continue to
    remain inseparate spirits and the media spotlight that has
    come to you, as it has always been known that you two were
    great friends, is natural and is not your doing; the negative
    posters don't seem to realize that truth.

If you chose not to go to your best friends funeral, you have
    your reasons. I did not attend my best friend's funeral either,
    but I have still told my family members that I wish to be
    interred in that same cemetary some day and I still feel I
    have been with my friend in spirit. This spiritual aspect of
    knowing another's soul in this way may transcend the bounds
    of these negative posters. They have negative consciences
    speaking to them.

Yes, negative poster, ... this post is largely directed to you.

March 17, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  61. GLO

These two guys were as close as you can be when your best friend is an addict. I loved them both in Lost Boy's and semi followed their travails since. While I think Corey Feldman should have gone to his friends funeral as a gesture of respect to his mother and family, a separate memorial is a nice idea too. Then Corey Haim's friends can celebrate his life in a way he would have appreciated, not just mourn his death.

March 17, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Richard

Some of the comments posted here are just vile. They were long-time friends, cut the dude some slack . Jeez...

March 17, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  63. alumette

Who the heck is Feldman anyway ? I am unaware of either one of these guys. They are or were people hanging on the fringe of pseudo celebrity status. Most of them are not really talented but just hang in there for second hand roles few really care about. The dude who died was flat broke. How do you manage that in this business? Gag.

March 17, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  64. alumette

He did not go to his funeral? typical. What a loser that guy. He can just shut up now and move on with his fake life and hair style. What's with that strand of hair in the face? Is he trying to look like MJ ?

March 17, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  65. alumette

well, dude....you failed.

March 17, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  66. DJ Johnson

Wow. After reading as many of these as I could while trying to keep my lunch down it dawned on me that a lot of you people are garbage. You think you're being superior but the roots show. Every celebrity friend of any other celebrity who dies ends up with spotlights pointing at him as everyone looks to see if there's a tear glistening. When you don't think you see an obvious teardrop you pounce. Even if you do, you pounce. The thing you don't get is that all the negative junk you crave in reality TV shows, well, that's the reason we have all that negative junk in reality TV shows. You, the people who delight in attacking anyone and everyone, are the problem. I can't imagine how unpleasant it would be to know some of you personally. Though you probably have the "decent" act down pat after years and years of learning to keep the claws hidden. I have no idea if Corey Feldman is a sincere guy who was just posting on his blog as an outlet for some strong personal pain or if he's... what a lot of you have decided he is. It doesn't matter. The point is you don't know either. He was poised on Larry King instead of crying his eyes out? He's a professional actor. They tend to be able to do what's necessary to get through the minutes that the red light is on. Seriously, don't you kinda feel gross when you write vicious stuff like that?

March 17, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. re

I can not believe he did not go to his own best friends funeral, that is very sad I guess he will have to live with that for the rest of his life.

March 17, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Lori

Didn't coroner make a statement that Haim had an enlarged heart? Also, wasn't he sick & on drugs related to his cold or virus? Was there a conclusion that Haim's death was solely due to a drug overdose DUE to a drug addiction? I don't think so. How unselfish of Feldman to not attend the funeral to keep media spotlight off of Haim's fam. Because we all know how media always follows Feldman. I guess that is why he DID attend MJ's memorial. Or is it really the other way around? Would there not be enough media at Haim funeral as there was at Jackson memorial so it wasn't worth Feldman's time? That is one twisted, narcissistic, weird guy, that Feldman.

March 17, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Johnny B

I agree with The Lash. This is just funny to read. Who cares what anyone of us really thinks?

March 17, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Jennifer

I really don't see how discussing the death of his friend will initiate a comback for Corey Feldman nor do I think movie offers will start pouring. His fame may not be at it's peak anymore but attending the funeral would've attracted some media attention & he clearly was trying to steer clear of that. Having a memorial service is a wonderful idea seeing as Corey Haim still had a lot of fans & friends who I'm sure would like to celebrate his life. You can't always be there for an addict especially when they refuse help but it is evident that he did always make his way back to Haim hoping that he could be saved. Even though many people saw Corey Haim as some washed-up drug addicted former child star he was still someone's son, brother, & friend who will be greatly missed no doubt & his death should count just as much as anyone else's.

March 17, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Andrea

Corey Feldman, I was born into a tortured family of drug addicts and alcoholics...some make it, and some do not. It saddens me to see all of the horrible posts about you trying to stay in the spotlight...I have a son who is 24 and has been an addict since he was 14...these people don't seem to understand how hard it is to help an addict/ tortured soul...I too kept coming back to try to help...at times would have to pull away for my own sanity...stay strong...take care of yourself...don't let these losers make this time worse than it already is...I can see it in your eyes that you truly loved your friend. May he rest in peace and may peace be with you.

March 17, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Wow

Have any one of you ever delt with a loved one who is in and out of active addiction. My presumption is likely not...this is no joke!! Watching someone die a slow death is the most painful thing I have ever had to deal with, and I don't beleive that it would be easy for anyone, I don't care who your are. Lets remember we are all people!! I can't believe the judgemental comments I am hearing here. Is this truely what our human race has become...Seriously???! Wow....

March 17, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Ike

I saw something very telling last week - a video on TMZ.com. Paparazzi were approaching Corey Feldman outside a restaurant and asking him questions and he pointed over to another man who was looking in another direction and said, "Do you know my friend Corey Haim? He's working on a bunch of new projects." and brought the paparazzi over to Haim for them to ask him questions.

I saw right then that he loved his friend. He wanted to bring him into the spotlight. Leave him alone.

March 17, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  74. outraged 247

did you all see "The Two Coreys"? Felman comes across as a phony d-bag-Haim was the sweeter, more real dude out of the two. Feldman and his wife should look back on what they said and what their actions were and try to stop acting like they were always putting Haim's best interests at heart...whatever. RIP Haim...

March 17, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Sick of CNN readers' ignorance

And the majority of CNN's readers prove their relative uselessness as human beings to the world again.

Somebody is dead. Lots of people who knew him personally are grieving. It is generally considered a normal thing to act with common courtesy and give those people the benefit of the doubt regarding their feelings. Internet anonymity continues to not be an excuse.

Hopefully, it will never be that the friends and family of any of you readers will have to deal with the interruption of your own wakes, funerals, memorials, or even grieving processes, by rude buffoons shouting out the insincerity of the mourners.

March 17, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  76. cindy

You are so full of crap! You were on Larry King saying not to jump to conclusions, that he had beat his addiction, and that he was not on drugs anymore. You liar!

March 17, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  77. kellie

A 38 yr man died. Its sad. I didnt even know Corey Haim and Im sad. No on should lose their life that young. Corey Feldman new Haim for 20 yrs. If someone I knew for 20 yrs who died, I think I'd be a little upset, so all you feldman haters out there, get a life.

March 17, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  78. jebmya10

OH PLEASE....This guy uses every so-called "best friend" that has died to get his 15 minutes of fame. Does anyone remember him speaking about Michael Jackson when he died? Saying he stayed away from the funeral to avoid a media circus is just one more example of how Haim's death is about him and not his "best friend". As sad as Haim's death is...and it is sad and tragic...there are more tragic events happening in the world...WAR, homelessness, job loss, children going to bed without food...and sexual predators hurting women and children. The best thing this Feldman media whore can do is say "NO COMMENT".

March 17, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Taylor

What an opportunist! Both Coreys had some success when the were younger and managed to piss it all away. Feldman hasn't acted in years and all he's trying to do is use Haim's death as a career move. He does more talking about himself than he does his "best friend." Does he really think that people can't see that? How pathetic!

March 17, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  80. ang

He didn't go because hes to cheap.
    Probably can't afford it

March 17, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Shannon

Whatever, Feldman is the same guy that went to Michael Jackson's memorial DRESSED as MICHAEL JACKSON... wt... and then showed up at the after event of his funeral busting MJ moves for TMZ cameras. Corey loves his friends, he loves what publicity they give him too.

March 17, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  82. michelle

Awesome to see that true friendship and willingness of corey to send his best friend off the right way.

March 17, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  83. CherokeeChild

This guy is unbelievable! Using his friend's demise to capture fifteen minutes of fame!

March 17, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Oh my

Wow, it must be nice for all of you to sit in judgement of someone that just lost a friend. Wish I was that perfect. . .

March 17, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  85. b rone

which one was the one that died? does it matter? Don't they both go away now...

March 17, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Rebekah

Please, Corey Feldman is using Haim's death to get a new 15 minutes of fame. Feldman is going to milk this for all its worth.

March 17, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Jason

I'm having a hard time with this "died from a tragic addiction". If you guys see a homeless person on the street with a needle in their arm, you think "oh geez, what a drug addicted loser"- yet, when it's a former hollywood celeb, you're all champions for the cause. Hypocrites. Needles, pills, lines- it's all the same, and the only person that could've ended the "tragic addiction" was Haim. He chose not to, so I choose to have no sympathy for people that kill themselves with drugs. Don't worry, it's not personal. Don't care about any dead celeb that OD'd

March 17, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  88. tony

Oh Please! Very self-serving. Guess he failed at "his mission".

March 17, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  89. D

After singing that terrible song to his ex-wife on 'The Two Corey's" maybe its better that he didn't show up and ruin the service.

March 17, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  90. chris

I believe they were friends. I dont believe this nonsense about Feldmans after funeral activites that he is hosting.
    When is the book coming out Corey? When are you going to be on Oprah? Are you touring?

March 17, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Joe Aniston

For all the haters on this string...YOU SUCK.

If you haven't anything productive to contribute, just shut the hell up and go back to popping the pills you used to sell Mr. Haim. Sure seems like you need 'em.

Peace to both Coreys.

March 17, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Kevin

It's not like Corey F is going to the media wanting all this attention. The media are the ones going to Corey F and asking him questions about Haim and his feelings and such. I seriously don't think this is any kind of an attempt for attention other than Corey F wanting some attention for Haim so that people know that Haim did matter in life contrary to what some of you posting on here think. I think it's cool that he wants to keep his friend's memory alive for just a little while longer and have his own memorial/tribute to him. It shouldn't matter how famous you are for your friends to pay tribute to you after your death. Cudos to you Corey Feldman.

March 17, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  93. John A. Miller

At first I thought that Feldman was saying such great things about Haim and that He really cared but now with him not going to the funeral I think he is using this to get back in the spotlight. He wants to do a benifit because that way he can get cameras there but the funeral which he would have to pay for a ticket to fly there he wanted no part of. You blame Hollywood for letting Haim die and you are just as bad as they are.

March 17, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  94. kilb1189

This guy cracks me up, he will do anything to further his long washed up career, I can't wait to see his "memorial" he is going to be acting so sad and probably giving dramatic speeches with tears and all about how close he and Haim were. All the while I bet he is calling every news organziation in the world to come cover it, hoping that somehow he will get some type of role out of it. Hey why not cash on the other Corey's death, the other one would have too.

March 17, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Ron G.

Corey Feldman needs to shut his big obnoxious PIE HOLE!
    He is just another has been, looking for a comeback and he is choosing his friends death to attempt just that. What a scunky a$$ dude, I agree with Kathy he makes me sick!

March 17, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  96. nancy

My god What small minded people you all are The guy is dead and his best friend is moarning the only way he knows Does it always have to be soooo cheap shots all the time with you idiots Are you guys the only ones who has pain Let him choose the way he wants to feel Act and be sad. How the f(*(*(?*()*()*k do you know what he is going through. GROW UP GUYS comments are made to be interesting and informative Not the junk that goes on like these comments which is really a waste of time.... GET A LIFE and STOP deciding and judging others before you walk in their shoes..... YOU KNOW NOTHING

March 17, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Cath

such BULL. media attention is all this guy wants.

March 17, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Phil

You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved, i'm sure Feldman did a lot but he had his own life to live.

March 17, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  99. LongTimeFan

Wow! What a rude and uncaring world we live in now. Do you really think you know everything that went on between the two Corey's, just because of what you read and see on TV? What shallow people.

March 17, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  100. JoJo

I give it 12-18 months before Feldman's book comes out on The Two Coreys.

March 17, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Gail Snail

Haim's mother requested Feldman not attend the funeral because of the papparazzi that would have shown up and created a nuissance and a distraction. Feldman respected that decision. Haim's family knows that Feldman has always loved his friend and has tried as hard as he could to keep Haim away from the drugs that destroyed him. An addict has to want to be helped before he can be helped.

March 17, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  102. GCMich

What a d-bag

March 17, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Henry

I enjoyed their show and I wonder to what extent they were hamming it up for the camera. It is tough to believe that Haim was as out of control and wild as he appeared on the show. It was great entertainment, like a modern odd couple. I would have like to see the season where Suzy was not there, that would have been really funny. Haim was wild, but seemed to have a real passion for life, and I think it sucks someone like that died too young.

March 17, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Troufant

I saw Feldman on Larry King the night after Haim passed....I've lost many close friends and there is no way I could talk publicly and not breakdown. It leads me to believe Feldman isn't as genuine in his love for Haim as he portrays. He sold Haim out on their reality show. Thats the trouble with a lot of ex-addicts. They get a holier than thou perception of themselves and thnk they can preach abstaining after they got fat on the buffet.

Humble people that go through rehab are one thing. Feldman comes off to me as a self righteous hack.

March 17, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Stand By Me

I commend Corey for not attending and keeping this a personal time for immediate family. He will definitely be missed and I actually watched "Lost Boys" in his honor last weekend! RIP COREY H!

March 17, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Dapper Dan

Yawwwnnn, can we change the subject. How much did the casket cost?

March 17, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  107. mike nike

The guy lost his best buddy. Quit being so mean people.

March 17, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Xanatos

A classic and tragic story of a young actor with huge potential, who skyrockets to fame, gets lots of hangers on for the good times, is sorrounded by lots "yes" people, has parents with dollar signs in their eyes instead of the child's personal and professional growth and wellbeing at heart, no good sound career or financial guidance and is left to crash and burn when the jobs, fame and money is gone. This site will be having this same conversation about Lindsay Lohan in couple of years if not sooner.

March 17, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Todd

Corey Feldman is a self promoting douchebag. His 15 mins. where up 20 years ago.

March 17, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  110. AuntAlice

Joe March 17th, 2010 1:31 pm ET

I feel sorry for anybody with Negative (should be lowercase) remarks. You suck! The Corey's (no apostrophe needed here) were great actors and there (their) legacy will live forever! Negavtivity (typographical error) never helped anybody (punctuation missing) so keep it to your self ('yourself' is one word)!

March 17, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  111. KLP

I think that Feldman is using his "best friend's" death as a way to get his 15 mins of fame. If you really want to help your "best friend" how about helping his mother pay for the funeral expenses?? Why is the city of Toronto helping to cover the cost? Why aren't you attending the funeral? Everyone should have a best frind like Feldman!

March 17, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Texas Star

He was asked by Haim's family not to come, because they wanted a small family service. That did not happen because there were over 200 people at the funeral. It is my understanding that they did not want him to come because of the issues that Feldman had been having over the past few years.

Shame on Haim's family for doing that... Feldman was the best friend that Haim ever had.

I think that Feldman did all he could to help Haim. There is only so much that you can do, before they have to help themselves.

March 17, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  113. RW

Is this the same Feldman that didn't want him near his wife or kids?

Is this the same Feldman that is playing up how much he cared?

Is this the same Feldman that did what he could to avoid him?

March 17, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  114. OMG

You have got to be kidding me!

If Feldman wants to show Corey Haim respect then stay off the tv shows and DON'T put on a memorial that is going to be all about YOU and YOU getting on TV and in the news.

March 17, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  115. pistachio

The thing that amazes me about Corey Feldman is the supposed blog he wrote "TO" his friend. I never knew dead people read memorials, blogs, letters, etc. Who are these people trying to impress who write these memorials to dead people anway. Dead people don't read. Go quietly to a church and pray for your friend. Noone needs to know about it.

March 17, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Patty

As someone who has had to deal with an addict most of my life, Corey Feldman did exactly what is called tough love. That being, if an addict refuses to help themselves the worst thing you can do is coddle them. Kicking him to the curb was what probably was the best thing to happen to Corey Haim. It got him to move in with his Mom and I'm sure they probably got to spend time they would never have had if he had continued using so hard. An addict will quit and start again many times, but sometimes eventually they will quit altogather. I hope that is what had happened before Corey died. RIP your troubles are now over.

March 17, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  117. dgb

Where was all the 'help' before he died. No one really cares until it's too late. You're all way too sappy. Get over it. He was an addict and admitted it. No one helped him. Where were his friends then? So the other Corey gets to put on a memorial and rock on like he would have wanted it..perscription pills for all.

March 17, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Pamela

I bet when Haims died..Feldman was like...Now is my time to come back....So he put on his best sad face and went to Haims mother..she slapped him and told him he wasn't welcomed at the funeral...that's why he is having his own separate memorial. THE END

March 17, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  119. RJ

Hey, guys, BACK OFF of Feldman! He's just trying to show respect for his friend. You guys would do the same!

Let the guy grieve in his own way!

March 17, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Vanessa

I'm disappointed that I won't see Corey Haim's star burn brightly again. I enjoyed his work, and thought he would be a great guy to meet. No matter what the cause of death is, it will never tarnish my admiration of him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Corey Feldman, I applaud your class and sincerity during this time. It was admirable of you to respect his mother's wishes for you not to attend. I think the idea of a second memorial service is wonderful. Stay true to yourself, and don't listen to the hate.

March 17, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Jwlz

Corey Fieldman is just glad to be cast back in the spotlight after he's pulled the "BEST FRIEND" card outta the bag... where was he when Corey Haim's mom needed the funds to help with the funeral? And that BULL about not be able to attend the funeral...PA LEEZE....IT WAS FOR FAMILY AND CLOSE FRIENDS which Corey Feldman is SUPPOSE to be....come on Feldman, stop with the "ACTING" although that has to be your best yet in MANY YEARS...lol. WE KNOW THEIR IS MORE TO THE STORY THEN YOUR TELLING...SO ENJOY REAPING THE BENIFITS OF YOUR "BEST FRIEND'S" DEATH... face it Coery Feldman your lavashing every moment you can for publicity over the death of the OTHER COREY....your a sad man who is taking in all the attention you can get from your "BEST FRIENDS" death....SHAME ON YOU!!!!! AND CUT THAT LONG PIECE OF HAIR OUTTA UR FACE...HOW RIDICULOUS U LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

March 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Sparky

Dude, face it. Your career is over. Even exploiting your friend's death won't revive it

March 17, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  123. shoegirlie93

Wow another "has been" trying to revive his career using the death of a friend. No cares about you Corey Feldman!

March 17, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Stefan D

Is it just me or does Corey Feldman look like a young Al Lewis (Grandpa from the Munsters)? lol

March 17, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Sue

Feldman's ulterior motives for his own publicity are completely transparent. It's offensive.

March 17, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Uriel

Agreed...Oh Please!!!!

March 17, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Tracey

Enough Feldman.

March 17, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  128. RJP3

Is there really any need for the comments section on news sites - nothing but the worst of human behavior - these anti-everything comments are pathetic

March 17, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  129. ron

I agree with Drakonis. Some of you people are really sad examples of the human race. Miserable, jealous, sad little people.

March 17, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Aaron

So, that means your mission in life has ended in failure. Will you now please, FINALLY, shut up?

March 17, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  131. me

The big picture here is that a troubled person lost his life. Whether Feldman is aiming for the spotlight or not, he obviously loved and cared for his friend. Those of you criticizing him for simply stating his feelings have obviously not been through a devasting loss such as this. My brother is a recovering addict whom was shot at close point range and by God's grace survived and believe it or not, kept drugging up. My family tried everything to get him help. I finally had to walk away...but my heart never left him!!! When he finally realized that his kids were worth the fight, he gave them up. And thankfully has been clean for 3 years. We are the lucky ones. He is a fighter and because of it, he has another shot at life. Unfortunately, Haim didn't want it bad enough. He wasn't ready to come clean. And he paid the ultimate price for it. So, again, don't point the finger at people for stating their feelings. Regardless of our opions of Feldman, he has feelings and deserves to comment on his friends death.

*** Cory, your war has finally ended and peace is upon you. May God keep you close and ease your families hearts. God Bless.

March 17, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Grim Reaper

Mission Failed.

March 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Treish

Corey Feldman is himself a troubled drug addict, and I'm sure there is a good reason that the family did not want him at the funeral.

March 17, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  134. wowyallrawful

yeah all celebraties are mediawhores, that's their job DUH idiots.

they all have family and friends just like everyone else, because they are normal people. Stars are even more prone to addicition because they are so rich they can have anything they want and temptation is easy to ignore.

you wanna cry about it, jealous you dont have media following your every move? become an actor.

i personally want to pray for corey's family in this time of loss. EVERYONE i dont care who the hell you are knows someone who is addicted to something and when they lose their battle, it is just as tragic as what happened to corey. he just so happened to be in the entertainment profession so it was broadcast to the world. doesnt make it any less sad for his loved ones.

I am so sick of people who think their shiza doesnt stink and they are gods gift. get over yourselves! and try to find that sliver of humanity and empathy that exists that you have shoved deep down in your shell of a human person.

March 17, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Marc

some of these posters are sick in the head. This is a man that died tragically from an addiction. That his friend was also an actor has nothing to do with it other than they understood each other. Feldman cared for his friend, enough to walk away when he knew he was enabling. He didn't attend the funeral out of the family's wishes- which is stated in the article. Sick people who thrive and feed off of negativity and assinine comments are the same people who create the tabloid culture where nothing is sacred and everyone and everything is fair game to be attacked, ridiculed, and insulted. Have some respect people. This guy's family AND friend are GRIEVING.

March 17, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Fellow T Dot

He got married on the set of Surreal Life by MC Hammer for crying out load. Gee...what makes you think he would exploit anything personal for professional gain???

March 17, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Jim Jones

"Corey Feldman was true to his word and did not attend the funeral for his best friend and former co-star, Corey Haim, out of respect for Haim's family's desire to keep the funeral out of the media spotlight."

Heh, what makes Feldman thinks he would have attracted the media anyway?

March 17, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Mike

Wow. Look at all the angry, bitter little people hiding behind their monitors dissing the 80's movie star. Yeah, you're cool. Tell your girlfriends that you dissed Feldman (for some truly heartfelt words, no less) on a blog and let me know how cool they think you are. Losers.

March 17, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  139. The Lash

it's just fun reading these comments

March 17, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Jordan

There is NO EXCUSE for not going to the funeral of your so-called "best friend." Period.

March 17, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  141. guest22

I was at the funeral. It was a beautiful and intimate affair with all of Corey's closest friends and family celebrating his life and sharing heartwarming stories. The most important part of the mix was offering support to each other, all of whom knew and loved Corey Haim throughout his life. Supporting Judy was a huge part of that. Corey Feldman blew it in that regard. His absence was marked.

March 17, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Joe

I feel sorry for anybody with Negative remarks. You suck! The Corey's were great actors and there legacy will live forever! Negavtivity never helped anybody so keep it to your self!

March 17, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  143. leahann22

Feldman it was always about the money between the two of them. Please he's just looking for attention. There show was a joke.

March 17, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Karen

Boy, this is a cynical group. The guy can't do something for his friend without his motives being suspect! He said he didn't attend his friends funeral due to Haim's mother wanting to keep it close family only. He is choosing to honor him in another way. Until that project comes to pass, noone should pass judgement. He may be totally honest in his desire to pay homage to Cory Haim and to do it in the right manner. Ease up haters!

March 17, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Carol

My guess was he wasn't invited to funeral. He's no MJ or Brad Pit that media would have followed him in droves. It's sad the two Coreys ended up as they did but people make their own choices, however easy it is to blame other forces. He's at peace now. Let that be the last of it, treat him with dignity.

March 17, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Big Crappa

Paul: Corey Haim showed he was a gifted actor in Lucas (even Roger Ebert raved) and he was also great in Lost Boys. But he was young and his management went for the easy money fluff stuff afterwards when they could have held out for better scripts (like, say, Jodie Foster's management did when she was young). Haim was a young kid who was used his entire life for the profits of others.

Haim and Feldman might not be box office bonanza any more, but they are still more regognizeable than half of the people we saw on the Oscars a few weeks ago. If somebody called ANY OF YOU a Has-Been would you crawl away and die?
    There are far worse attrocities going on in the world for all of this negative emotion to be directed at Corey Feldman. We haven't caught Bin Laden yet, and our troops are still overseas, but at least we can roast Corey Feldman. You people should use your negative energy on more meaningful blogs.

March 17, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Junior

Celebrity? Try "has been". One less addict in the world makes it a better place for all of us....... good riddins.

March 17, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  148. NealR2000

Well, Haim's death sure resurrected Feldman's D-List status.

March 17, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Shavista

Mediawhore.

March 17, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Bill - Staten Island

Wait...is Corey Feldman in HOLLYWOOD?

March 17, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Joe

Understanding leads to empathy. Anyone who has been thru a similar situation with a loved one can recognize there there is a great deal of sincerity in Feldman's words and actions. In my opinion, it would be better if there wasn't any media coverage in any of this. That said, I can assure you that some folks out there will resonate with the situation an as a result, have a great deal of empathy for Feldman, and perhaps have allow some constructive reflection on there own lives.

There is nothing funny about any of this!

March 17, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Suzanne

I am so disappointed with some of the comments on this site, you should be ashamed of yourselves, until you've suffered the loss of a life to addiction and until you've tried to save someone just keep these hurtful comments to yourselves. Some of us like Mr. Feldman have tried to help addicted people time and time again only to be disappointed, hurt, affraid of these addicts and eventually have to walk away. Does it mean that we don't blame ourselves, ARE YOU KIDDING, i'm positve that Feldman blames himself. Thank you for being a fried to Cory, thank you for trying. I know your pain, I've lived it with two brothers Who are both Dead from addiction.

It is a cruel world, and I'm sure on his last breath Cory thanked you.

"Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in gratitude that he was"

March 17, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  153. davecabano

keep working haims passing for publicity and sympathy..Somones gotta do it./By the way his marriage tanked like his career.

March 17, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Fellow T Dot

TO EVERYONE!!!! don't be so upset or surprised. Hollywood is self serving at best. Corey Feldman, or Haim, are/where no different.

March 17, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Dave

Its sad how cruel some people can be. Every one of these rude people has either felt this loss and obviously turned bitter in life, or they havent, but will feel a loss like this. I lost my best friend too young, and I mourn his loss everyday. People that cant respect the pain of a person losing their best friend are just sad. Good for you Corey. Take care and rock out. My friend had 'Highway to Hell' played at his funeral cuz he was just that way, but is in heaven, cuz underneath he was one of the nicest and most caring people I will EVER meet.

March 17, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Paul

OKOKOK. I too had a friend that killed himself with the disease of addiction. I understand and appreciate Mr. Feldman's pain. I also must add that Mr. Haim was not a gift actor by any stretch. He was a pretty face who got rich and famous too young and ended up paying the ultimate price. I feel for his family. Mr. Feldman should write a book about their friendship. A tell all about what their high years were really like. That would sell big. Every woman who was a teenage girl in 1985 would buy it and read it.

March 17, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Me

Corey Feldman should get over himself. It was a sad day here in Toronto yesterday. The News people handled it with class and dignity. Now may he rest in peace!!!

March 17, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Sarah

Oh you people out there are so mean spirited and so judgemental about something you did not know squat about to begin with. The two Coreys were friends, and now the surviving Corey misses his friend. It's human and it's simple; no point turning it into a hate fest.

March 17, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Steve

Anyone notice that people die when they associate with this loser? First MJ, now the other Corey.

March 17, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  160. sean

what is really alarming is the collective voice that seems to be prevalent in posts here and routinely over the internet. Compassion for others has all but appeared to have vanished. Most cowards hide behind their keyboard. For the sake of humanity lets hope you remain there.

March 17, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Daniel

Mission....NOT ACCOMPLISHED!! But way to catch another 15 minutes of fame off your dead friend.

March 17, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Diane

Corey Feldman's friendship fails the smell test. He skipped a funeral that had 200 people at it (some small funeral!) while letting his best friend's mom beg on the web page for donations to pay for said funeral. He has been doing interviews about Corey Haim, but not providing any real support. Give me a break, If your friend dies you support and get support from their family and friend. Not turn it into a media circus all about Feldman.

March 17, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  163. CR

These kinds of things make me sick! Just drop it already. This isn't about love, or caring. This is about Corey getting as much media as he can. He's always been this way. Everytime somone dies, Corey's on the news talking about them, soaking up the spotlight. There were times during Michael Jackson's death coverage that Corey was on more than Jackson's own family. Corey, please go away. If you really want to help and protect Haim's private matters, stop jumping on the news every chance you get. Also, I certainly hope there are'nt paid interviews. Or, I suppose if you are, you're giving the money to charity right?? I think that organization is The Feldman Money Whore & Media Attention Fund!

March 17, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Bubba Tim

Why do some of you care so much, to the point where you are rude and angry about a situation that has nothing to do with you? Go outside.

March 17, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  165. John

Looks like he failed in his mission.

March 17, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Jason

Haim's death is the best thing to happen to Feldman's career in years. He's already begun milking it for everything it's worth, and won't stop until it gets him another acting gig. Total joke. Feldman cared so much that he banned Haim from his life entirely, and hadn't seen him in months. Now, they are brothers, and he was always there whenever Haim truly needed him?! Absolute garbage. The guy was a junkie, hadn't done anything since the 80's, and was just a washed up Hollywood loser. Now, everyone wants to act like he was this bright, shining beacon of positivity in an otherwise negative world. That's just pathetic, and the world is minus one drug addict now.

March 17, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Camile Tough

"Corey Feldman: My mission in life was to save Corey Haim" Chalk up another failure of Corey Feldman.

March 17, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Samantha

Can he make Haim's death any more about himself?????

March 17, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Sister Fellatio

What a liar. Only a month ago he was saying proudly that he had cut off his "friend" because he didn't want him around him or his family. Now it's free publicity for this loser. Is that what he considers helping???

March 17, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Deb

So you didn't come to his funeral for the family's desire to keep it out of the media spotlight. (even though there are photos of mourners, casket, pall bearers all over the internet today.)

But you have decided to have a memorial that WILL be a media frenzy within a month?

Let's don't. It would be very tacky. It's not about YOU Corey Feldman.

March 17, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Gina

You can't help someone who doesn't want the help. Corey Feldman is not the Betty Ford Clinic. If Haim wanted the help, I believe Corey F. would have been there for him helping him along the way. But Haim's sobriety was not Feldman's responsibility.

March 17, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  172. cg

He really needs to keep his mouth shut. His previous "he died alone and broke" was way over the line. That alone would prevent an invitation to the funeral. I wish the media would ignore him.
    This is not about him!

March 17, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  173. laura

Oh, shut up, Feldman

March 17, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Christine

If Corey Feldman gave a damn about Corey Haim, he wouldn't have kicked him out of his house. He wouldn't have refused to talk to him because he was an addict. It is such bull it makes me sick.

March 17, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  175. leslie

we should all be so fortunate to have a friend as caring as corey feldman. i mean that with the greatest sincerity. bless both of them.

March 17, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  176. john

media whore.

March 17, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  177. AuntAlice

If Feldman really wanted to keep the media away, he should have had his band play at the ceremony

March 17, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Head Diva In Charge

Ok, I see that going to the funeral may have brought it into the spotlight, but why an OPEN letter Corey? Why not send it to the family and show your respect that way? I mean, it doesn't really matter if the public knows your thoughts and feelings......it only matters if Corey's family does. Just a thought......

March 17, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Jimmy

Corey Feldman didn't go to the funeral why exactly? Did he think he would attract too much media coverage? Get real dude, you haven't had a career or media coverage in 25 years. Your only media coverage has been about Haim's issues, period.

March 17, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Billy

Whatever. Corey Feldman is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame. The guy did not care about Corey Haim one bit and if he did why did he kick him out of his house to the curb? Because he did not care that's why. Why do people get so upset over a person who played a role in films and then once they were no longer needed started to do drugs and once they die its always a cover up that they never did drugs and their death was accidental. That is a load of BS.

March 17, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Matt

I'm sure he's sad about Haim's death, but all this "I was always there for you" blather he's tossing out now seems to ring false for me. There was a point when Feldman didn't want to have anything to do with Haim - so how is this tie to "I never gave up" on being there for Haim?

I hate to say this, but this is positive PR for Feldman. You have to know his publicist is working overtime to see what shows he can get from all of this.

March 17, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Me ChassyFrass

Thats awesome Corey keep Haims spirit alive! He was one in a million at least you always saw what a special person he was, always there and never gave up on him! He would be proud

RIP Corey Haim beautiful toutured soul!

March 17, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Fellow T Dot

It's a shame. He lost everything he had. Spent his life trying to get it back. Reached a point where he couldn't accept reality anymore and didnt' have anything to fall back on. Classic outcome, a shame just the same. RIP Cory.

March 17, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Claudia

Hi Bridgett,

I completly agree with you

March 17, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Drakonis

it humbles me every time i see a heartless person post on a blog or article with nothing good to say. their life must be a total crapper to be cutting on someone in the comments of something of this nature.

March 17, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Jasel

Umm well mission failure I guess.

March 17, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  187. AJ

These guys were a train wreck and a product of what Hollywood & fame can do to children. However, you don't want to see it end up in death and it was evident, those 2 had a kinship with one another. Sorry for the loss Corey and I hope you find a way to deal with it and still remain on this earth.

March 17, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Joel T.

Corey,

I too had a best friend who was self destructive.
    As hard as it is to walk away, it is something that has to be done because if the "friend" doesn't want to help himself then you can't help them.

With your best friend his help came too late.

With my best friend. I am done telling him to get help. He has lost his wife, and only gets to see his kids during the holidays... Why??? because he refuses to get the help he needs.Therefore pushing his friends away.

I hate to say it, but my friend better be gettng it in gear as we are both in our... Near the same age as you guys. It's a shame that any friend has to go thru what you are going thru.

You did what you could man, and I understand that. You tried.
    God bless, ya.

March 17, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  189. CoosCoos

"It's nice to see a celebrity in Hollywood that really cared about his best friend..."

Yeah, until you see Feldman's "memorial service" for Haim covered as an Entertainment Tonight exclusive. Then you'll realize Feldman is going to use his friend's death to make his comeback.

March 17, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  190. Bridgett Hendry

I have loved both actors my whole life and I was always rooting for Haim on the 2 Coreys. Since I am a recovered addict I could releate to both Correys situations. Haim is a great loss and will be missed by all that have known him and by all the Fans that only knew him from television. I hiope that his death will open the eyes of others and realize that if you are doing drugs now to stop before it destroys your heart and the rest of you so that your fate does not end up the same. It is never too late to quit. I know that Haim is in Heaven and I will be so happy to see him when I get there. God Bless his family and friends

March 17, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  191. Bender

I know that a part of Feldman is sad for the loss of Haim, but I feel as there is another side of that loves the fact that he's gotten his face on the screen for another 15 minutes...

keep the funeral out of the media spotlight? Give me a break... It's not like this was Elvis...

When your best friend dies, you go to the funeral....

What a shallow moron....

March 17, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  192. Guest0524

Corey Feldman: My mission in life was to save Corey Haim:
    News Flash – YOU FAILED

March 17, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  193. Skeebo

Where were u when he needed u?Everytime this fool gets the chance he jumps back n the spotlight.He talked crazy about MJ b4 he died and then said what a great person he was after.Face it no one cares what u think.What patiently I'm sure someone else will die that u think will somehow make u relavent.

March 17, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  194. kathryn

oh jeeeeeeeez....the media was there ANYWAY....Feldman's presence wouldn't have meant crap. Feldman is so full of himself..he makes me sick. Find a new career Feldman...Hollywood doesn't care anymore. crikey

March 17, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  195. Big Al

Yawn.

March 17, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  196. Mek

Oh please....

March 17, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  197. Dawn

It's nice to see a celebrity in Hollywood that really cared about his best friend...you don't see that very often in this day and age. Corey really did try to save his friend and I applaud him for doing so without getting dragged down also. So, Corey Feldman, I mourn Corey's death with you and wish you the best in the future. You should feel very proud of yourself in your accomplishments. :)

March 17, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |