March 16th, 2010

Welcome to the 'Idol' Top 12

testing captions
testing captions

I'll admit it: I am afraid.

I'm afraid that when "Idol" meets the music of the Rolling Stones it will be a match made in H-E-double hockey sticks. The show just started and the new stage looks like a place where some magic could happen.

Why the creepy announcer guy's voice introducing the judges and Ryan? Me no likey.

Here we go.

1. Annette

Big Mike is cocky and has an inflated ego. Someone needs to tell him he is not all that. He sings ok, not great. And what is it with the scarves he is wearing? Siobhan is awesome, no one could touch her performance last night. And what was the producers thinking, you can not expect these singers to perform a Rolling Stones song and it sound like Mick. I have always loved AI but with Paula gone. Ellen in her place and the other female judge trying to be Paula this show will not last long, unfortunately for the viewers.

March 17, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Deb Waugh

I'm liking Siobahn. I haven't been watching closely until this episode, but she was definitely #1 for me tonight.

I also liked Ellen's "people like me" joke, but did you notice how flat a response Ryan got when he tried to bounce a comment off of it? Awkward!

March 17, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bill Shirt

I really hate that I post a comment at 7:26 am and it's still sitting at "moderation" status, while someone posts at 9:24 am and it's already there. Come on you censors...have you become FOX NEWS?

March 17, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  4. Eileen A.

I miss Paula – this show is not as much fun to watch as before. I feel it's gone downhill.

March 17, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. She She

I think Big Mike is great, but sort of generic. Then again, this show does seem to favor generic performers. Look up Generic Singers in the dictionary, and there's a picture of Kris Allen. LOL

March 17, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  6. Bill Shirt

Well, what did you all expect. Really...could Mick Jagger sing a note without sounding like someone stepped on his throat while singing? We knew Mick's voice was not a Pop voice...it was a classic. Putting pop singers into the Stones classics was as square-a-peg into as round-a-hole as it gets. Really bad theme night. I tuned out quickly...and maybe permanently.

March 17, 2010 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. Moma2

This is getting old already. This show will last one season after Simon leaves. I keep waiting for Randi Jackson to growup he speaks as if he is 13 years old and quit shool in the sixth grade.

March 17, 2010 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mike H.

Siobhan and Michael appear to be on a collision course at the end. Crystal has yet to show she can tackle variations of music. So far it's all been typical folksy-slow tunes. I don't understand why she's being made out to be great. She hasn't shown it.

March 17, 2010 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  9. DV

American Idol should have been cancelled a long time ago! Be glad when its all over and we dont ever hear about it again. Who really cares anyway....

March 17, 2010 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. Yodejo

Siobhan magnus rocked it. Crystal is really limited in her range, while Siobhan is really versatile. Hopefully, the true talent will win out.

GO SIOBHAN

March 16, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. haywoojk

Come on now.... you guys didn't cry during Mike's performance this week? What's wrong with you!!! Pszz.... kidding; Mike is just holding space right now. Strictly for television entertainment. If that's what you would call it?

March 16, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. CW

I don't like Big Mike either.

March 16, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. llamamama

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't see what everyone else seems to see in "Big Mike". For me he is just ok, sometimes a little corny (to borrow a word from Simon).

March 16, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |