March 16th, 2010

Paula Abdul may be returning to TV

testing captions
testing captions

Paula Abdul as host of “Star Search?”

Yes please!

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that the former “American Idol” judge is in final negotiations to head up an updated version of the show.

Ed McMahon hosted the talent competition in the 1980s. Another version of the show was launched in 2003 hosted by Abdul’s ex-beau, Arsenio Hall.

Fans of Abdul have eagerly been awaiting her return to the airwaves since she announced in August 2009 that she was leaving “Idol.” The singer-dancer-choreographer made that announcement via Twitter but so far has remained mum about “Star Search.”

1. lien tom

Congrats gang rapper. You completed a course on how to act more like a normal human being instead of heathen ghetto trash. Most people can do this on their own without taking a class FYI.

June 21, 2011 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. wb

when Paula left Idol, look at the ratings.

March 19, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  3. Wayne M.M.J

Interesting to say the least...

I agree with some of the other comments in part.. I think Paula was the heart of the show of American Idol. Her Charm was central to that show. She hoped for contestants and I loved her various looks over time. What she was wearing that day. And she could change from various persona's in a flash when she really wanted too. They said "May be returning to TV. I guess it's not for sure yet... I would love to see her walk onto the set of American Idol. And kiss Simon!! Then walk off.. Even perform if she had too. That would take courage but that would be cool. Well she would have other people to work with on these shows. It's best to have someone very experienced in the industry with personality.. who can be firm but has some hidden heart.
    Like Simon!!! Because he is like a good coach. The combination helps it work. Not sure why she left American Idol. But it is different without her. She was a great artist.. great voice and she can dance..
    Huge star at one time... Even cool actress. I think they should see if they can get her back. Hopefully things will work out as complicated as they can be and she can make her mark where ever she goes again.

March 19, 2010 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Larry S.

It makes me wonder - where is the innovation? How many talent shows can there be? I don't mind a bit of mindless T.V. time; however, most of what is on T.V. these days has been either ripped off from BBC or a regurgitation of an idea whose time had passed long ago.

Where are the "new ideas"? As for Paula – if she can keep herself un-medicated I say go for another show, just find something new though would ya?

March 17, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  5. justice

I was watching A.Idol one night with my kids,during the show,I told them
    that this year's IDOL is not entertaining as it used.Eventually,we turned off the TV and went to bed.We later figured out it was because PAULA is not there anymore.PLEASE BRING HER BACK.She adds flavor to A.IDOL.We don.t remember to turn on the TV ANYMORE during the time.

March 17, 2010 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sick of Miss Crazy

Please, not another dose of crazy!!!! I just got over the last one....

March 16, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. nessa99

Love Paula, wish she was still on my A-I. Kara should go and have Paula back.. but... i will def watch star search if paula is on it.. she is a great performer and knows what it takes to be up on stage in front of millions! Yay paula! cant wait to see ya again!

March 16, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. moon627

Not Star Search ! isnt that like the Gong Show ?

I'd rather see Paula take Hoff's empty seat on Americas Got Talent

or better yet join Simon on his new show ...

March 16, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. michele

noooooooooo paula please go with simon to the x factor.......

March 16, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lynn Klingsberg

Let Paula have something to do. I think it was wrong letting her go from Idol as she was the heart of the show. Hate Ellen on the show but otherwise love her as well. Paula is a little ditzy sometime but I think that is part of her charm.

March 16, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. darlene d

Why keep bringing back old shows? Star Search was good back when Ed McMahon was host but it lost its luster after that. There are enough talent shows on now. I think Paula would do best by joining Simon on his new show.

March 16, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Millie Bea

I have nothing against Paula- and Lord know with mindless entertainment like Minute To Win it- Star Search is like a mensa program- but Simon will becoming our with his new show, they will undoubtedly bring back (Hoff-less) America's got talent-no new ideas.
    I would not like to see her involved in something that will not last- she is not enough of a draw to make it work.

March 16, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |