March 16th, 2010

George Clooney's girlfriend lands a gig on American TV

Elisabetta Canalis

George Clooney's girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis will lend some "exotic mystery" to the third season of the TNT drama "Leverage," according to a press release for the show.

Canalis is already a star in Italy from her movie roles and job as a television presenter, and was tapped by "Leverage" executive producer Dean Devlin to play the part of "The Italian."

She'll appear in five episodes of the Robin Hood-esque series, which follows a group of con artists as they get revenge on people who use their power and wealth to victimize people. The new season is set to air this summer on TNT, which is owned by the parent company of CNN.

Filed under: Celebrities • George Clooney • television

1. Uriel

I love Leverage...but seriously...why her? She was so slouchy and sloppy at the Oscar Awards.

March 17, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Theresa

Leverage is a very good show...never miss an episode, can't wait to see the episodes she will be in.

While it can't hurt to have George Clooney on your side, how do you know he had anything to do with this??? I love George Clooney but I don't assume that I "know" him just because I have read a few articles or seen a couple of interviews.

If he did get her the job isn't that just "networking"? Aren't we, regular folk, advised time and time again that when looking for a job we should reach out to the people we know and get them to help us?

Salespeople network constantly, they are always looking for referrals and a leg-up on the competition why can't celebrities do it to?

It doesn't matter how she gets there, what matters is what she does after she arrives.

March 17, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. nessa99

george is just soo handsome.. and shes cute.. annndd she will prob be all sorts of famous now.. LUCKYYY

March 16, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Barry G

What a fox!!

March 16, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. shirley

I though she didn't speak english.

March 16, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mmhm

I wish her the best, but I couldn't help to compare this to Camila Alves (the person with the most annoying accent I think I've ever heard on television).

March 16, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. CM

George is a Taurus, therefore he's very independent. I have a Taurus partner who tried marriage, as George did, and has decided marrying again is not for him. I don't know what Elisabetta's sun sign is, but mine is Sagittarius and I am very independent, tried marriage and have decided marrying again is not for me. My partner and I have been very happy for 6 years!

March 16, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TJ

I think she looks like Cindy Crawford. George has been known to spend time with Cindy and her husband, Randy. If you cannot have the real deal, go for a look alike!

March 16, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. FRAN

To Karen...
    He is not STUCK on himself he just knows who he is and that's great!

March 16, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. FRAN

George is a happy happy bachelor.
    Any women who gets involved with him already knows he is not going to marry them so why do they all get so surprised when they break up?
    He is who he is and I LOVE him for that!
    Be who you are George!!!
    Just like Charlie Sheen all the women he has been with are so surprised that he cheats and drinks! Hello that's who he is!!!

March 16, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. darlene d

Here's hoping she lasts as his girlfriend!

March 16, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mary Mendez

Clooney said at the Oscar's she did not speak English. I love leverage; however, this is Clooney using his influence to make her happy since he is not going to marry her as he made clear at the Oscar. All she wants through him is a movie careers. Doesn't she look like she had plastic surgery to look like Brooke Shields or Maria Shiver?

March 16, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Karen

He is stuck on himself! Too bad Poor girl

March 16, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Karen

He is stuck on himself! Poor girl!!

March 16, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. MIC

I guess it doesn't hurt knowing George Clooney!

March 16, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. LINDA

Who really cares!!

March 16, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Martini007

Leverage..... I love that show... !!! can't wait

March 16, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  18. Zina

Sounds like a good show!!

March 16, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |