March 15th, 2010

Corey Feldman won't attend Corey Haim's funeral

Since Corey Haim's death at the age of 38 last week, his former co-star and best friend, Corey Feldman, has been candid about his shock and grief over Haim's passing.

In a statement released Monday, Feldman said that since Haim's death, he has spent a lot of time with Haim's mother, Judy, who he said was always like a mother to him.

Feldman went on, "I would love nothing more than to be by her side at Corey's funeral, however due to their strong religious beliefs, and need for privacy, the family has decided to make Corey's funeral on Tuesday a small private affair."

Out of respect for the family's wishes, Feldman said he has decided not to attend the funeral. "Instead," he said in the statement, "I will remain in Los Angeles quietly mourning...As a sign of respect I am asking the media to honor Corey Haim by making the same choice."

Feldman is also planning a separate memorial for Haim, which he hopes to pull together within the next month.

"At that time," he said in the statement, "the media will be invited to honor and celebrate the legacy he has left behind, along with friends, fans, and the rest of the Hollywood community."

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. navy seal

Bunch of druggie wussies fags. Feldman should be laying right next to him in the drug box in heaven. Keep up with the drugs Feldman. Just like always. You and Haim.

March 19, 2010 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. a fan

first of all, all u people who think corey haim died by fault should go 2 hell, second of all corey feldman i love u but u should have been at coreys funeral. he was ur brother, best friend, family. nothing should hold u back,u should be ashamed of ur self. i would have loved to be there, to know him. he was 1 of a kind and i will always think of him and miss him. corey feldman i am disappointed with u and sad how u reacted. dont forget u were his best friend and you didnt go and say good by how family, or best friend should think about it.

March 19, 2010 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. Krissi

Corey Feldman Rock on! COrey HAim would want that for you to be happy.
    Deep down Haim new how much you loved him he was your twin you were together for a very long time so indeed it is like losing your twin. Had HAim made a comback he wouldve had the chance to show the world that he could and is a legendary actor. There are not many like him. Corey Feldman keep showing the world who they lost. That is all you can do but Corey Haim wouldve wanted you to be happy and try to survive for him. He was drug free for the past year in a half but by the time you were able to confront him out of love and HAim felt that love even tough it was tough love it was almost to late the damage the drugs already took their effect. Core yHaim had no idea and neither did you but the thing is you tried to reach out thats what matters-Haim tried to get better and in his mind he was and you two were so close to sharing that love and sucess to to the world. Love you both very much! Always!!

March 18, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. lisa

Corey Feldman what a piece of DIRT, making it about him self as usually, trust me nobody went to the movies to see corey feldman it was COREY HAIM they went to see feldman was just there. What a so called friend with friends like you no wonder he went down the path he did. The only reason Corey Feldman is not going is because he will not be center of attention. Haim may have been on drugs regardless he was an awesom actor, and feldman will never compare and he knows it. and that also goes for that jerk wife of i am sorry now to be ex wife of his. Just another way for him to get into the news. This is about COREY HAIM NOT corey feldman.

March 17, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. anonamouse.

it is a sin that people talk and run there mouths when they dont know the facts. people die every day. and it too bad cory was one of them. but for any one that has lost a friend. we mourn in our own way. so if you have nothing nice to say. dont say it at all! R.I.P. Cory. Haim.

March 17, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. lisa and laina

No one should feel sorry for Feldman, he was a horrible friend and now trying to get any attention (work) he can. He was always jealous of his much better looking "friend". A true friend would never have treated Haim they way he did on the show the Two Coreys. A true friend would never try to capitalize on the death of his "best friend" or speak of him as if he were a pathetic vagrant. Feldman you are a disgusting loser and I hope Hollywood and the public treat you accordingly. To Corey Haim's family, we are so sorry for your terrible loss our thoughts are with you. Very glad Feldman is not invite to attend the service, he probably would have tried to sneak in with a camera.

March 16, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. nancy

I hope Corey's death will help other addicts get the help needed. There is nothing anyone can do to save an addict ultimately it is the addict who must decide to accept help. Addiction will kill you, period. If you or a loved one is suffering please contact a professional.

March 16, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tasha

In watching "The Two Coreys" I was impressed by how much Feldman and his wife put up with from Haim. It's obvious Feldman loved him like a brother and I think Haim was very lucky to have him as a friend. I always felt very sad watching the show because Haim seemed to be in a terrible amount of emotional pain and I can't stand to see anyone feeling hurt and rejected like that.

March 16, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Angie Leonard

I've always like Corey Haim, but NEVER liked Corey Feldman. I think he's a bit of a dink. Will mill Haim. RIP.

March 16, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. chris

Legacy?

Really?

March 16, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. Florida Gal

Feldman isn't going to the funeral because he believes that the funeral moment should be all about Haim and not about himself (Feldman) and the media would be following Feldman right into that funeral.

Makes sense to me! They were best friends and even made reconciliiations with each other recently.

JMO

March 16, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. sad

This is very sad. Sad that so many would leave hurtfull comments like they have. Who are you to be better than anyone else? Even if Corey H had a drug problem, I'm sure you have your own set of problems. Wonder how you would feel if people judged you the way you are judging the Coreys. I loved Corey Haims movies. A troubled person, gone too soon. RIP Corey !

March 16, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  13. BabaBooey

Yawn, their careers were over anyway. The only way either of them could get any press would be to kill themselves or someone else. Their show should have been called "The Two Douches." The 80's called they need their washed up "actors" back.

March 16, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  14. fan

for all those who said they don't care.. why did you spend the time to read the report and even more time to write something about it... sounds like you do care...

March 16, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  15. Nicole

Enough is enough. We need to let him rest in peace! Whatever happened is between him and his maker. Yes he had a drug problem,the reason we all make a big deal is because he is a celebrity. We don't see them making a big deal over the drug addict on the corner who died of an overdose! This celebrites are just people too! We need to stop making it seem like their lives are anymore important than the next person.

March 16, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  16. My Opinion

Corey Haim has no legacy except for being a drug addict!!...and Corey Feldman wants to "celebrate" that with "the rest of the Hollywood community"? Give me a break!! Enough already....I don't wish death on anyone, but what happened to Corey Haim was an accident waiting to happen!

March 16, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. Alice

Not much of a "best friend" if he doesn't attend his (probably only) friend's funeral.

March 16, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  18. A fan

I find this a tad ironic... some of you saying things like "Who cares?"

...obviously YOU do, since you read the news story and took the time to comment on it.

I personally think that whatever reason he chose to not attend the funeral, that's his business. I'm sure if the media asked him if he was attending or planning something else and he said 'no comment' they'd find some way to make that controversial too.

March 16, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  19. Elle

I cannot believe all of the cruel comments posted here. People mourn in different ways. Also I seriously hope that Corey Haim's family doesn't read some of the awful comments posted about him. How do you think they would make his family feel? He was a person too! He was someone's son. People need to think before they post. Put yourself in his family's shoes.

March 16, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  20. Get serious

Wow...lots of hate going on...people grieve differently...Feldman needs to grieve in his own way....he might not be as religious or religious at all...

March 16, 2010 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  21. Christina Long

Obviously if Feldz was really Haim's besty, then I am sure they coulda' fit him in there no matter how private or "religious" the ceremony was. they either prob weren't on good terms anymore, or...Feldz just can't handle it? Too emotional right now? In any case it's not anybody's business? Shame on CNN for being misleading in their title! THEY are the ones that are TRANSPARENT and...as for those that keep saying "who cares, both of them are washed up and irrelevant...whose standards did they have to live up to? "Be kind to everyone you meet, we are all going through some type of battle." I am sure that Haim's drug abuse was a living hell, everyone should be kind in their words and respect his memory he did contribute to cinema, whether it's considered high cinema or not, he was a person that was cared about by his family and personal friends and his fans, I am sure he had alot, this is a big world.

March 16, 2010 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  22. Erin

I am so glad we are entitled to our own opinions; the beauty of our land. I also posess the right to think half of you are MORONS. No one SIGNS up to be an addict. Corey Haim had several meaningful film roles and as a girl growing up in the 80's, I thought he was all of that and a bag of chips! It's sad his adult life took the turn it did but wer are succeptible to LIFE and it's CIRCUMSTANCES. While not a huge Feldman fan, I do think he is trying to be a gentleman here. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. This is a sad situation; no need to be mean or rude about it, folks.

March 16, 2010 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  23. Ian

I think its a respectable request on his part, and is right to do so because the media is great about leaving no privacy in one's life who is famous, even in death. I don't find what Feldman is doing to be a publicity stun and shouldn't be regarded as doing so, some people in America still know the value of respect, and I feel as tho in not attending due the Corey Haim's family request, is not only Respectable and very Nobel because regardless of the ups and downs these two have had, he was still his close friend and I am positive that if Haim's family didn't want it to be just a "Family Affair" that he would be there right by Corey Haim's mother's side. So doing this and then making a separate memorial for all the friends and fans is something few would do. He even is doing this so the Media Sharks can get there fill of a brief column filler and some news coverage...So I think that if anyone else see's this differently, than you should open your mind and your hearts...

March 16, 2010 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  24. Susan

Frist I'm very sorry he has passed away and had such a terrible life I'm mean after all he brought so much laughter and entertainment to me and my children Thank you Cory Haim for you smile and I wish you could have made peace before you left this life but we all don't and it is sad but real may you RIP now from a old fan And stay strong Feldman

March 16, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  25. Brandolyn

All of you negative individuals are sick. No wonder the world is screwed up. No compassion or humanity. Let this man rest in peace for the treatment he received on this earth was not deserved. Regardless of the mistakes that Corey Haim may have made in his life, he was human. I'm sure that you all have made choices that you were not proud of. The difference is you all are regular people and your lives are only shared in a small cluster of your family and friends. His life was shared with the world which is way bigger and important than you could ever imagine. The same respect that is extended to us for the loss of our loved ones should also be extended to Corey's loved ones. Let's be mature about this unfortunate tragedy and stop the petty mudslinging.

March 16, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  26. shimhat

can i just be the first to say...SIMMONS!!!!!!!!!!

rip corey haim, a legend for many reasons. keep ur head up feldman

March 15, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Larry B

Corey Feldman tries to capitalize on any and every chance he sees open up, to try and get a show or movie deal. The very day Haim passed away, Feldman was on Larry King's show reminiscing about how, after Feldman's divorce he and Haim hung out one night and the "Idea" of bringing back "The Two Coreys" show came up. He talked about how they discussed how great it would be to start the show up again because this is what the public always wanted to see, just the two of them.

I couldn't help thinking that what I was seeing was Feldman (as usual) putting an idea out there, hoping that someone would pick up and run with starting a new TV series called something like "The One Corey" with Feldman playing up how rough it is moving on with his life without his best friend there by his side. Every episode would be another "opportunity" for Feldman to play up his "acting abilities" for the camera and the public, in hopes of landing a movie career again.

While he was on Larry King, they played funny clips of Feldman and Haim in some of their movies and while these are being played, you see Feldman's face in a corner of the screen. I know his friend may have just passed away but I would think most of us would have at least smiled a little bit if we were in his place, thinking back on how ridiculous or funny they were in those scenes. But not Feldman. He keeps a very serious face on during the whole montage like he's thinking "gotta keep it serious so everyone will know how rough it is for me to watch these clips".

I just don't think I'll ever get past the thoughts I have that, every single time Feldman has the opportunity to make a TV appearance he's playing it up like he's auditioning for more work. That's all I see when I watch this guy. That's all I've seen coming from him for years now.
    And by the way, what was up with that stupid "one long strand of hair hanging from his forehead down to his chin" fashion thing he was sporting during his Larry King interview?? Someone please tell Corey Feldman that the 80's ended a long time ago and that he’s not a fashion model. That was absolutely laughable. It looked so ridiculous. Did he do this for his interview?? I mean, really. Again, I saw that as just another part of the attempt to try and "Play up his looks" for the camera. Like I said before, there's never a time when Feldman's making an appearance on TV, that I don't see it as a desperate attempt at auditioning for anything else that might come his way. That's all I ever see in this guy because I truthfully think that's what Feldman is all about since his movie career ended in the 80’s.

March 15, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Janice

omg Give Corry Feldman a break. Why is it that folks have to make the smallest thing into such a nasty ordeal. Feldman said why he wasnt going and that he wanted to hold a service in about a month. So why do some of you have to make it more then it is by saying he is making it all about him. Its the family who wants just a small service. Ya think it might be due to not wanting camera hounds there... Good lord folks get a life.....

March 15, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. CyPontuo

Keep filling the pockets of the castles that death makes higher. American awaken from the despair and the following of ghosts, then they blame you for not helping them out when they chose there own wicked path evident drugs are bad Corey was on Larry King thanking everyone for stepping up but at the same time asking why no one would help him out 9 months ago. Guess what ? He was living like an ordinary person cause that is all we are at the end of the day. And the consumers in America keep buying the alternate 3rd dimension and theatre shows and sex selling youth, we are all guilty , no one is righteous cept' the Lord Jesus who payed the price for our sins- the sins of all mankind, the entire race, to bring us home. people make choices and some are darkness and we can fall hard and remain in it if we are not careful. Lust and temporary highs are seductive vipers and widow spider webs that appear like glowing attraction and wonderful illusion feelings at first. Everyone has an appointment with death, the dead icons and the stars will not save you and legacy and legends should not be worshipped, they WILL be forgotten eternally, the only fools are those that choose darkness over light. Jesus Christ is the light of the world, we need Christ, we need God's light, He raises the dead and conquered the grave.

March 15, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  30. CyPontuo

Hollywood is a cult. Seek The Father, salvation , one way through Christ. Choices and decisions have consequences. No one can see the kingdom of heaven lest they are born again. Flesh gives birth to flesh but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.... check out John 5:3-8

March 15, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Tishann

What the heck......the man had issues but don't forget how he entertained us in the 80's....RIP Corey, you will be missed!

March 15, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. FEST BEAST

Feldman also owes a certain make a wish group a lot of mone right now, and he better appear at the court date. A funeral he can skip but this he better man up and pay for!!

March 15, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Aly

Wow. I would love to slap some of you people...Telling everyone that it was HIS fault he died, regardless of an overdose or not, is complete bull. If it you people who stop and actually READ other stories on here, you'd have known it wouldn't have been his fault anyways. He was beating his addiction, at least trying very hard. I would love to hurt those people who, if it is officially something like the enlarged heart that caused him to pass, say it's his fault or try more and more to say other mean things. I grew up watching Feldman and Haim. It's very sad that one of the Corey's is gone now. Even my friends who are my age, 25, and older were VERY sad upon hearing this news.

The people who are asking, "What legacy did he leave?!" Do you not remember the amazing movies he was in, such as a life lesson movie called Lucas? That was a very awesome movie, but my favorites aren't movies that made it big with him and Feldman. They were in a National Lampoon's movie that was awesome. Haim was also in a movie called Fast Getaway 2, which was awesome as well. He left behind awesome memories with his movies from his past and present. I am a nostalgic person a lot of the time, and I still think movies from when I was growing up are way better than they are now, excluding how far advanced the sound effects and visual effects have come. You people are pathetic drama losers to pick on Feldman too. I can understand his position.

Without Wax,
    Aly from OKLAHOMA!

March 15, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  34. B.T.

If Corey Feldman was truly thinking about his friend Haim he would
    attend the funeral to be with the family and then help childhood
    actors with the serious drug issues that they may have to confront
    in the future of their young lives. Actors should get together and make a serious commitment to keeping drug awareness within the
    young acting community. We will never know Haim's reasons for his continued drug issues we did not walk in his shoes. May he rest iin peace.

March 15, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Punky Kat

If the funeral is private and Feldman "decided not to attend...out of respect for the family's wishes" – doesn't it just sound like Feldman just wasn't invited? How do you decide not to attend something you aren't invited to?

March 15, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Silence Dogood

This kid's grasp of 'reality' is about as SHORT as he is.!

March 15, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  37. KHat39

Good for him! How many other Hollywood actors would be all affronted and make a big stink out of it or just walk away altogether?!

March 15, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  38. lonely in nh

Sad really? I would describe it as a tragedy and not so much a legacy. The man died broke, alone, and a complete junky. That is not what legends are made of. Us regular people call them losers. Sorry, Corey!

March 15, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lana

Corey Haim had lots of talent but it was wasted on drugs. The man had an illness. I really hope his family or loved ones read all these terrible comments here. It's sad that people choose not to be compassionate. I'm sorry that Feldman isn't attending the funeral but hopefully he'll be able to get his own closure. I hope CNN let's us know about the public memorial, I would go...but I already live in LA.

March 15, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Feldman is a media whore

The real reason Feldman wont attend his friends funeral is because its going to be too small and private and he wont get enough attention. by not attending, this gives him an excuse to hold his own memorial and invite every camera in hollywood to attend. this is a truly disgusting way to take advantage of a friends death. he's always been a media whore but this is a new low.

March 15, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  41. shirley

What fan their glory day are over no one want to see or be with them
    why is it about him any way trying to get back into acting leave it alone.

March 15, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Trout

I'm not going to the funeral either.

March 15, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  43. DUH!

WHAT LEGACY??

Haim was a lousy actor and a drug addict.

Big F____ Deal and he chose to throw his life away.....

March 15, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  44. AJ

I thought the Corey Haim thing was over....it got it's press last week and he hasn't really done anything since 80's or early 90's. I guess this is news until the next celebrity commits suicide or ODs.

March 15, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Big Woop

Okay so he died. it's a tragic thing, he was a person but when my cousin died of a drug overdose at 24 nobody chose to release to the press that they wouldn't be attending, and a city didn't pay for his funeral. True, Corey entertained us a bit but enough is enough. And If you were truely the man's best friend you would be at his funeral, no matter if nobody else comes, if you cared and were THAT close you'd be there. but Maybe I think that because I have a conscience and moral compass.

March 15, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  46. larryc

How can you claim to be someone's best friend and then describe how many times you've had to shove charcoal down their throat to try to save them from an overdose. If you've done that so many times, wouldn't you know they needed rehab and follow through on making sure they got clean. I guess everyone makes their own choices, but it seems to me, that Haim was a better friend to Feldman, than Feldman ever was to Haim. I mean, at least Haim died and perhaps not in vain, if it makes Feldman wake up and realize how dangerous drugs are. Grow up....

March 15, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Bob

Hey Feldman, do you know where I can score some blow ? Are you still dressing like M. Jackson ? Why don't you get a legitimate job ? Taco Bell is always looking for help. You and your "lifelong friend" could have been great.......at the drive through window.

March 15, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Kabak

im gonna do some heroin to honor him at the funeral

March 15, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Wade

And also, what has Corey Feldman done wrong here? Why are you giving him a hard time too? I don't get it. Don't talk like you know him or his motives.

March 15, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Kat

So many hateful posts. Sad to say, but Haim probably took drugs for as long as he did to silence those who sound and act like many of you.

March 15, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Wade

I'm disgusted by all the mean and cynical comments. A human being has died, and you think it's okay to get online and disrespect him or make fun of him???

March 15, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  52. nancy

I agree with pices....and you know what, I think most of you
    are a bunch of "comment-whores".

March 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  53. 80's Fan

The Legacy that Haim left behind is the GREAT 80's flicks many of us still enjoy when they are on TV! Licence to Drive, Lost Boys, Dream a little dream, etc..its a shame he has passed on. Drugs have taken so many Hollywood stars, musicians, and regular folk, its so sad. Feldman, though he may appear to be a media whore, i truly believe is doing what he and Haim family is best. I watched ( and loved) the Two Corey's and realy felt he cared for Haim. If you have family members or friends who are addicted to drugs, its not easy to just let that person go if they refuse to get straight. I commend Feldman for trying, and hope agaisnt hope that readers and fellow stars learn something from this loss.

March 15, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Pisces

Honestly some people here really need to grow up, how old are you?
    Even if CNN is posting nonsense; you should take it up with them. Write to CNN how you feel. Don't Lash out on Feldman, its not his fault that the media over hears his actions and they make a story about it. Honesly if you dont have anything NICE to say dont even bother writing. Corey Haim was a human being regardless of what he died of. He was a friend, a son, a cousin, a neighbour etc, he was loved by people. People who have the right to mourn his passing in a respectful manner.(without being made fun of) So what if he hasn't done anything for you, what exactly have you done that makes this world a better place. At least he was a popular person, as for all of you I cant say the same for you, I don't see any of you on the big screen. Get a life people and get some manners, obviously your parents did a terrible job of raising most of you on here.

March 15, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  55. blueparadise

Feldman, you are the ONLY ONE disrespecting the Haim family's need for privacy! You treated Corey Haim like crap when he was alive, so shut your famewhore mouth. This isn't about you. Go back into Hollywood has-been obscurity, where you belong.

March 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Mist

No matter what Corey Haim was a still a person with feelings and family and friends. Yeah things didn't work out for him the way it should have, but we don't go around knocking down someone who has passed on. I never open the newspaper near the obituaries and see this kind of talk about people who have passed on in my town. His family and friends will miss him as well as fans, because i am a fan as well. So lets just pray for him and his family.

March 15, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  57. jason

sad that this is the biggest thing to happen to Feldman's career in decades, and he seems prepared to milk it for everything it's worth.

March 15, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  58. mollybird

I wonder if Feldman will get as much out of Haims death as the Jackson family did out MJ’s. One persons death is another’s profit.

March 15, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Shallow Waters

Yes, I agree that the headline should have been worded differently.
    Yes, I agree that he should be able to attend his best friend's funeral.
    No, I don't think that anything he said is for his own personal gain.

Why are there so many unsympathetic posts and hateful things being said here?

March 15, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Sherry

I can't believe how insensitive some people can be... regardless of how it happens when someone passes away... there are people who will mourn the person. And everyone mourns in their own way. Corey Haim may not have been in the spotlight for quite some time but that doesn't take away from the work he did... he was a great actor and artist. Its sad that he got caught up in drugs and couldn't get away from the hold it had on him. I donated towards his funeral cost (or however his mother sees fit to spend the money). It made me feel good that I could be of some small help – just as I do when someone in my town has fundraisers or takes donations when a family can't afford funeral costs. In regards to Corey Feldman – its up to him and Judy Haim that he doesn't attend the private funeral in Toronto. And Corey F wants to have the memorial in CA so fans can attend as well as friends and family.

March 15, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Michelle D

I would think that seeing CF and CH were like real brothers, CF would consider himself 'family' and attend his funeral. Im a fan of both Coreys and I hope CF changes his mind and goes because if not, he may regret it for the rest of his life. And if his wife has anything to do with him NOT going, he may need to re-evaluate his marriage because no one should make that type of decision except for that person. He's known Corey all his life, his witchy wife is thinner than his blood – Corey Haim!

March 15, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Frank Ruben

Who?

March 15, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  63. www.The Perfect Memorial.com

@ rukiddingme:

"You irritate me. Do you give free headstones/memorials to anyone other than washed up and/or current celebrities? I'm sure you wouldn't make that offer that to some poor family who lost their child and can't afford to lay them to rest."

Since you asked – yes we do offer and donate on a regular basis to the families of those who have passed rather unexpectedly.
    To many families of young murder victims in the city of London, UK (where we are based) for example.

In any event we have now learned (via CNN press release / report!) that the City of Toronto is footing the bill of Mr. Haim's funeral costs – does your logic apply to them as well?

We are a very successful and innovative company and as a result we keep our ears and eyes open for stories like Mr. Haim's as a way of giving back. All of us were saddened to hear of his passing as we are of the relative generation – collectively we considered this to be a good and fair gesture.

As pointed out already – we are constantly swamped with orders so you my friend are sadly mistaking with your crass sentiments.

Perhaps you should try being a bit less skeptical in life?

All the best to you. Take care.

(RIP Corey – you left us great memories ... "License to Drive" was one of my personal favorites as a kid!)

March 15, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  64. no one

It would be very sad if Corey Feldman will not be at Corey Haim's funeral; they were closer than brothers. If there is anyone that knew Corey Haims very well, is Corey Feldman and I believe he should be allowed to be in the funeral. God knows Feldman was there for Haims, and tried very hard to help him. Remember, Feldman had to fight his demons too; but always made time for Haims, he really cared for Haims. I'm sure Corey Haims would want his buddy there; he'd be the first one to say something against his family's decision. I really hope they reconsider. In a way, it's kinda selfish of them.

March 15, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Don Howard

Very Odd. A Jewish funeral, a Jewish best friend...not invited to the Funeral....That makes no sense. Small, private...not inviting the best friend? I have never heard of that. Hmmmm. I don't think he wants to spend the money to fly to Canada...If that's where it is.

March 15, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  66. shell517nj

i've only been blogging about 8 months. but some of the comments here are funny as heck and some have a lack of compassion. but I guest freedom of speech at its best..hahahaha....

March 15, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jack

OK, somebody call TMZ and find out why Feldman is not attending the service? All of this speculation and conjecture is unnerving. A small private family affair sounds like 10 people. You mean they couldn't squeeze another chair into the funeral parlor?

March 15, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Captbeefheart

Corey Feldman, Charlie Sheen: Separated at birth?

March 15, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Anonymouss

Some people are so nasty when they comment on these stories I'm not even sure why comments are allowed. Not that I don't think people should be allowed to voice their opinions, but a lot of the comments are so unfeeling and thoughtless.

March 15, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Kevin T. Baldwin

Please, people. Many of these comments are cruel and unnecessary. Although personally I too am unaffected by Haim's passing, if I were family or friends I certainly wouldn't appreciate reading the barbs that have been cast by these comments. The movies "Lucas" and "The Lost Boys" were popular at the time of their release. Therefore news coverage regarding the loss if one of the principal stars and the reaction of the person reported to be his closest collaborator and friend during and since those movies has some merit (although, to
    be fair CNN moderators, perhaps enough is enough and we should allow the family to grieve in peace now).

March 15, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  71. AndrewQ

You had beter not go, Feldman.

If you miss cleaning my house two weeks in a row you are fired.

March 15, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  72. bgooch

Who Cares

March 15, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  73. Tina

May God Bless this family....A person has lost their life regardless of many of your personal opinions of both Corey's a mother has lost her child and that is what matters. Let's show some respect and stop being so rude...

March 15, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  74. come on

Regardless of the hows and whys of Corey H's death it's a loss for all who loved him, all who were trying to save him from his addictions, and all who tried in the past and had to back away to preserve their own sanity. It's hard to have an addict in the family. It eats away at the mortar that binds a family and friends. Everyone reacts in a different way to grieving the loss of someone multiple times before the final good-bye.

I can't honestly say I saw his movies. I think I saw Dream a Little Dream, but don't remember it. I may have also seen Lost Boys, but it's a distant memory. I don't remember the Coreys time in the lights, but I have seen media about it.

Corey H, I pray you find peace... as I pray for many others.

March 15, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  75. Bobby

Is it just me, or is Feldman just a giant tool? I wish they'd bury him instead. Not that I'm saying I wish he were dead, but just bury him alive so that he would eventually die. Maybe not die all the way, that's too harsh, but bury him a little.... for a short time to punish him for being a tool. I don't know who saw the Larry King interview, but he had this string thing over his face... It was like he was showcasing his haircut. *Sigh* I wish Sloth had violated him and left him in that cave.

March 15, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  76. Kevin

Good work CNN, you've stooped to "The Drudge Report" headline grabbing tricks. Guess it's time to find yet another online news service that's not having to go after the lowest common denominator to get us to read their c..p.

March 15, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  77. rukiddingme

To the TPM Team:

March 15, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  78. adoring fan

NOT, as much as i feel bad about haim for killing himself.

corporate media's tactic of "distract people from real issues" are not gonna work.

keep your eyeballs on the real ball, people.

March 15, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  79. harvey finklestein

like most...they are confused about judaism and God...some turn to atheism like the feld man

March 15, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  80. Matt VA

Uhm if you are not a fann of CNN, why are you reading it, much less taking time to post comments??

March 15, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  81. Brad

Who is this guy and why does anyone care?

March 15, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  82. TuTone

I for one think Feldman is being a good friend, and stepping up ahead of time so people cant say they did not know that it's private.

I for one cared for Haim's movies, they remind me of a great time in my life, and Haim is a big piece of that period of time in movies.

March 15, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  83. Dave

Where were those "strong religious beliefs" when their kid was strung out for years? Let me guess: He's dead now so all of a sudden they find God? Whatever.

Truth be told, im sick and tied of these spoiled young actors with the world at their feet choosing to screw it all up. He had the resources to clean up his act and chose not to. Therefore, I'm not losing sleep over this.

NEXT!!

March 15, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  84. Me

What is so wrong with his statement? The family doesn't want a media frenzy (yes he wasn't THAT popular, but if Feldman went, you know some would show up). What is wrong with him spending time with the family beforehand, and then doing a "public" memorial after? I agree the headline is deceiving and CNN should not (and doesn't need) to put headlines like that, as there is nothing wrong with his comments, and are quite respectful, IMO.
    i wouldn't say Feldman just came out of nowhere and made these statements. Does anyone really think that no media at all has asked for his comment?

March 15, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  85. you all die

you will all die one day so who really cares? the only difference is yours and my death will not be publicized in the same way, and millions of people will not even have known you, the world will keep spinning until the sun exterminates itself into a supernova in 10 billion years from now.

March 15, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  86. Shannon

I really wish that CNN would show some respect and disable the COMMENT feature – so that insensitive LOSERS would not be able to voice off their immaturity here.
    I have had 2 recent deaths in my family. Both people were young. One was drug related. That shouldn't matter – family & friend still greive & mourn.

The posters here will never understand how hurtful their stupid comments are. When you are experiencing this kind of loss – you are grasping at answers and understanding & you unavoidably come across articles like this about your loved one.

March 15, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  87. Tzvi

Hashem Bless and Keep your Spirit safe Corey! Rest in Peace our sweet dear boy.

March 15, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  88. Anne

I do not think Corey Feldman or Corey Haim have done anything to justify so much attention being given to them. What did they contribute to society? to our culture? Do they support a particular humanitarian cause? How many people have they helped who were sick, or poor or victims of social injustice? Or are they just celebrities from the 80S?

March 15, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  89. Buster Hymen

There are none...

March 15, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  90. gotosell

I agree with notafanofcnn. They are becoming
    tabloid journalism. Next thing you know you'll be reading
    headlines like "Mom gives birth to 2 headed alien". this is the
    last time I go to their homepage. MSNBC.com from now on.

March 15, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  91. AG

off topic but who here besides me laughed out loud when you heard about Feldman's oh so fake and pimple ridden face of a wife decided to divorce the little twerp.

guess she finally figured out what a c list actor means.

March 15, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  92. come on

Media hog.... like anyone cares if he goes or not.

Wonder what religious beliefs and rituals are done that Feldman wouldn't be there for... do the dress up men as women and parade them around the cemetary? Everyone attend without clothing (that's gotta be it, Feldman would avoid anything unclothed... especially when it's cold.) I just think it's weird that someone considered his nearly life long best friend isn't considered close enough to attend.

March 15, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  93. Rob

Who is the next name in the death pool?

March 15, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  94. Steven

Im not a Corey Haim fan,

But listening to everyone here questioning his legacy. I have only one question.

What have any of you done?

He was an actor, he made movies and so on. Theres his legacy. Be it a small one or big one. He will probably be remembered long after most of you ignorant fools are gone.

Come back to the real world people.

Corey Haim passed away let the people who actually knew him mourn him and pay there last respects to him any way they want.

March 15, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  95. hypocritical reader

Unfortunately these pathetic attention grabbing headlines are all too frequent. Don't know why I keep coming back to cnn.com- can someone please recommend an alternative news website that is more ethical in its journalistic practice?

March 15, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  96. Kelley

Have to agree with other posters here –

1. CNN's decision to tag this story with a sensational headline is yet another example of how far down CNN is sinking; this is more of a National Enquirer headline, not a that of a respected news source. Oh, and hire real journalists from now on – people who are legitimately educated and who know how to proof read. CNN articles are seeming more and more like a junior college's news rag than that of a global news source.

2. Corey Feldman is a media whore, and he's turning every last second of Corey Haims' death into his final reach for that elusive 15 minutes he feels he's due. Feldman: your career died years ago, did you miss that funeral, too? In all honesty, I wouldn't want the guy who snorted coke with my son to show up at his funeral, either. Where have you been these last 15 years, as you pointed out on the Larry King Show? Were you trying to help him quit drugs, or were you more interested in snorting up yourself? Look in the mirror before you start wagging that finger at everyone else.

March 15, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  97. Mark C

Uh, sounds like it wasn't his decision. Sounds like he was disinvited.

March 15, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  98. Mike J.

Corey who?

March 15, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  99. jack

Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Kim Kardashian . WHO ARE THESE
    people?

March 15, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  100. Pisces

Just because some of you on this website does not know about Haim or liked him there are people out there that actually do and would love to pay their respects. Good for Feldman for doing what he is doing. Also he is not making this about him, Haim was acutally his best friend, they hung out since they were kids, give the men some respect. R.I.P Corey Haim

March 15, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  101. Lone

I dont see what is mis-leading about the article title at all. He. is. not. attending. the. funeral. Pretty simply. On the other hand Feldman's statements are contradictory and bizarre. A best friend is a part of the family (especially after what amounts to a decade plus) and religion doesnt factor into the relationship if its reached that point.

Moving right along.

March 15, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  102. JEDIMIKE

Feldman's attempt at feeling sorry would be great if everyone didn't see his episode on The Corey's Season 2.
    He made fun of the situation between him and Haim going to a counselor for help. He was trying to get his poker buddies to laugh about their situation instead of being a MAN and keeping this to himself. I'm sure he loved the guy at one point, but it was obvious that he couldn't care less about him from the way he was acting.
    He also said during The Corey's Season 1 episode and I quote, "Go ahead and kill yourself, I don't care". But now that this effects his public image he's trying to act like he's a good friend. LOL, what a jack off. With friends like him no wonder Haim was having a hard time with rehab.

March 15, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  103. Buster Hymen

CNN – Celebrity News Network

March 15, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  104. zein

Who the hell cares?

March 15, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  105. Rob

Why is this news? Who cares?

March 15, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  106. Jerseydude

This is news? Must a really slow week! Go away, Corey!

March 15, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  107. www.The Perfect Memorial.com

Our company is looking to offer a free headstone / memorial for Mr. Corey Haim.

We understand that his family is experiencing difficulties in covering his funeral costs.

We have tried various avenues to make contact with a representative but to no avail.

Hopefully this message will help.

Regards

The TPM Team

March 15, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  108. Suzana

"Media whore"? Really? Since when? I recall rarely seeing or hearing from Feldman over the past few years.

March 15, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  109. Agree

I agree with other comments on here about the bait and switch tactic used with the headline for this story. I expect better from CNN.

March 15, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  110. The Truth

Has anyone even cared about his attention whore in twenty years? Nope. You're helping sell other network's advertising, buddy.

March 15, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  111. Galoux

I'm so glad I'm not famous. That way I don't have a bunch of strangers sitting around making uninformed, malicious remarks about me in life or in death.

March 15, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  112. Lee Bartholomew

Some rather sick and cruel comments on this board. Hadn't heard a thing about Corey Feldman, was beginning to worry about him. Still worried about him. Media Whore my a**. :(

March 15, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  113. Katherine

I think all the spoiled young Hollywood crowd should go to the funeral and see where they will end up if they don't STOP USING DRUGS!!!!- 6 feet under!

March 15, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  114. Jeff

Haim was a has been longer then he was a bright hollywood star, he made an endless amount of wrong choices which damaged his mind and body, This tragic outcome and the tragic destruction of his career was his choice, there are just some addicts who don't want to quit and he was one of them, He couldn't even stay clean to help his mother after her cancer diagnoisis. The same can be said for River Phoenix, Dana Plato, the list is long and tragic. Haim's choice to not seek intensive in patient therapy has now led to a tragic death which will scar those that loved him for the rest of their lives. Addicts are very selfish people and those left behind are the ones who suffer the most, not the addict. The Two Corey"s show was awful! I watched half of the first episode and never watched it again, it was to painful to watch someone who had such promise thow it all away.

March 15, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  115. Sue

Feldman is a slime bag trying to capitalize on the death of his former friend.

March 15, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  116. dkh

He's not going because it is a small affair in Canada. He's only going to do an LA thing. wow.... he is sooo cool.

March 15, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  117. Melissa

You know, I understand the family is mourning, but Corey Feldman was Corey Haim's best friend. This is very despicable of them and kind of cruel not to invite him to the funeral. Funerals aren't for the dead, they're for the living to say goodbye, and a best friend is as much family as blood family is.

March 15, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  118. Kelley

Let's not forget that Corey was someones son...I know people that have been addicted to drugs and died and some that have become sober. That does not mean that his mother loved him any less...I have a stepdaugher that has a drug addition and her father and I worry that we may get that phone call someday, that she has overdosed. It is hard for those who are perfect to understand. Try to stand by someone with an addition, it is harder then any job you will ever have...and to not give up on them at times can tear you apart physically and emotionally. My prayers are with Corey's mother, take it one day at a time. I hope that I never have to go through this with my own two children.

March 15, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  119. Karen

They were frends growing up..lately.so why fault him if it is what he chooses to do? When normal society people die and people choose not to attend..does the world stop???Let him grieve

March 15, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  120. Josh

Who Cares? And if you say "me!", then ask yourself why.

March 15, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  121. My O My

Wow! So many condemning voices here.

March 15, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  122. nobodyinohio

Whatever. I was never fond of Corey F. Corey H. had tremendous talent. Now corey F. is going to use that fact to push himself back into the limelight,

March 15, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  123. Joel

NotAFanofCNN March 15th, 2010 9:36 am ET

As usual, the headline is demeaning to the person being talked about. In order to get people to click, they print a shocking headline, only to find out that Mr. Feldman's reasons for not attending the funeral are honorable and out of respect for the family. What a dirty tactic CNN, very dirty.

-----------

I totally agree, it was the reason I opened this link in the first place only to see that it was honorable. As usual Media is sensationallizing something that shouldn't.

March 15, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  124. Liz

...not to mention that getting into Canada with a record that includes drug and 'under the influence' arrests isn't a cakewalk. It's probably easier just to stay home that day.

March 15, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  125. Mark

Smart move...but will the media get the clue. ET will be there with bells on.

March 15, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  126. ginny

he does seem to make haims to be some kind of icon bigger than he was and blames the "fans" for not being there when haims needed them. come on. in this 24 hour news cycle, who cares about him. he's old news 30 years ago. geez.

March 15, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  127. jim

you don't know who else at the funeral that is Haim's "family" that might blaim Feldman for the whole thing. so respect his decision.

March 15, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  128. Kathy

It's very sad that this young actor turned to drugs and it's sad that his mother is not in the best of health but I am appalled that his mother would use the money that was "donated" in memory of Corey to fly his body back to Toronto (when they both have not lived here for a long period of time) and except the City of Toronto to pay for his small private funeral!

March 15, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  129. Canuck from Toronto

The City of Toronto is denying it is paying for Haim's funeral. There are several donors / organizations that appear to be stepping up to fund this private affair. RIP Corey.

March 15, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  130. coopersmith

meant to write

so..such a "small affair" that one person who was his so called best friend CAN NOT be squeezed in somewhere? Not buying it. Something fishy here.

March 15, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  131. Mike

Feldman and Haim are both irrelevant.

March 15, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  132. Really?

This is not news. The death was news, kind of. The rest is just unneeded filler. Stop reporting this fluff and remember one of the "N"s is supposed to stand for news.

March 15, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  133. Mary

Really?? their religious beliefs?? that's doesn't make sense. If he was really your friend as you call him then nothing should stop you from going to the funeral.

March 15, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  134. coopersmith

so..such a "small affair" that one person who was his so called best friend can be squeezed in somewhere? Not buying it. Something fishy here.

March 15, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  135. remy

He is trying to seperate himself from this drug abuser/dealer in order to hlep his own has been career. He isnt fooling anybody.

March 15, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  136. HS

Um, it would have been nice to know how "strong religious beliefs" play a part in whether or not a funeral is "small private affair." What religion does Haim's family practice?

March 15, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  137. Head Diva In Charge

There has to be more to this story then meets the eye. Could it have something to do with the fact he went dressed like a Jackson impersonator to Jackson's funeral?

March 15, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  138. CoreyHaimsGhost

Stop the presses! Stop the presses! Corey Feldman is not going to Corey Haim's funeral.

Bet Feldman is loving all the attention he's been getting lately. Wonder when he's going to pitch a reality show about this fiasco to one of the networks.

March 15, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  139. tone

kristy swanson
    nicole eggert
    charles baio
    the olson twins to be sure
    kirk cameron
    and of course...ron jeremy

March 15, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  140. Jeff

I thought the headline made this sound like Corey Feldman was being an ass and choosing not to attend the funeral. If that wasn't the intent, I think it could have been better worded. "Corey Feldman unable to attend" would have been more accurate. What's the alternative? Force his way into the small private service?

March 15, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  141. tone

celebrities will include the following...

Bruce Campbell
    Neve Cambell
    Rose McGowan
    Heather Graham
    Judd Nelson

March 15, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  142. Texas John

How many of these guys are named Corey?

March 15, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  143. Walker

Every move this guys makes is a way for him to keep in the limelight.
    His d-baggerie knows to bounds.

Just shhhhush. Shut your yap. He's not family, just say you are sad. You don't need to say anything about the funeral arrangements or what you plan to do.

March 15, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  144. Anala

Much ado about nothing?

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  145. Susan

Why does feldman have to say anything at all. Who cares what he is doing. You would think if Haims was his best friend and Haims mother is like a mother to him, feldman would be there.

March 15, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  146. Tom

Feldman's "separate memoria" of Haim is going to be nothing but exploitation and publicity for Felman who is trying desparately to stop his slide into the cavern of has beens who think they still are.

March 15, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  147. Kym

Excellent choice. I can respect that.

March 15, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  148. Mitch from Omaha

Interesting on a couple fronts. 1) The funeral is being paid for by public funds (from Toronto) but it's private? 2) Last week, nobody cared about Haim. Now he's everywhere. It should be pretty easy for the media to ignore him, since he hadn't been near a spotlight in two decades.

March 15, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  149. karen

OF COURSE he won't be at the small private family funeral where no one can see him. he'll be at the big media circus one that will gather him lots of press.

you're so transparent feldz.

March 15, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  150. ruben

who cares

March 15, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  151. Leo

I've seen clips of Feldman just being absolutely redonkulous, and also clips of him trying to help Haim and be a better person in general. And I think this is a nice gesture and he probably has always been loyal to Haim, whether Haim knew it or not.

Best of luck, Feldman.

March 15, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  152. Will

Who cares. Did your over controling wife tell you you couldn't go? It so sad that your washed up.

March 15, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  153. S. Gilmore

What a misleading headline... you make it sound like he doesn't chose to attend the funeral, when, in reality, the family has asked to keep it small, private and for family. I'd expect this from the Drudge Report but not from CNN.

March 15, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  154. Common Sense

You know, it's always struck be a bit odd why anyone cares when a hollywood star dies. He's no different hten anyone else. Mourn people who actually made a signifigant contribution to society.

March 15, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  155. Josh

Feldman has always been a class act. Sorry for his loss and I hope to see him in more features in the future.

March 15, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  156. rob

So sad, the Hollywood community must pull together to prevent all these preventable deaths of their young actros and performers.

March 15, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  157. Donna

I'm sorry for all of the family and friends who are hurting right now and those he must have hurt along the way. Bottom line, he was responsible for everything up to and including his death, and no one should feel guilty. Overdose or not–its not a far stretch that whatever killed him was somehow drug related. No one's fault but his own. Period.

March 15, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  158. Louis

Interesting, but will respect the wishes.

March 15, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  159. Junior

"Legacy"????? Looks like both Corey's are on drugs.....

March 15, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  160. pat

Hey, he got his stupid string hair thing out of his face.

March 15, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  161. soon2brn

What I have to know is what leagacy? He keeps talking about the legacy Corey Haim left behind and I have yet to see what that is.

March 15, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  162. HB

Still respect Corey Feldman for his decisions.

March 15, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  163. MachelleNathan

As a Jewish person, I'm a little confused... I thought both Corey's were Jewish? Since when could the Jewish religion preclude him from attending the funeral?

March 15, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  164. Jay

just leave it to religion to bring people apart

March 15, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  165. zephyrhinds

Even if a funeral is a small private affair, that person's best friend should be there. I would bet Feldman was there for him many times when some of the family wasn't. A very unfeeling thing to do to him.

March 15, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  166. NotAFanofCNN

March 15, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  167. damian

Ummm, rightttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...

March 15, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  168. powelllanier

What a gentleman! I am impressed.

March 15, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  169. Eddie B.

Lucas!!!

What a great actor in the 80's. I enjoyed growing up with his films so much.

March 15, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  170. Paul N

what fans?

March 15, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  171. Uncle John

I was wondering how that media whore could make the death of his 'friend' ALL ABOUT HIM.

well there ya go.