March 10th, 2010

The 'Idol' Top 16 continues with the men

testing captions
testing captions

It’s Wednesday,  so that means it’s time for the men of “American Idol” to take to the stage.

Eight will perform, but only six will move on as part of the Top 12. That means they have to bring their “A” game if they want to leave a favorable impression on the voters.

Don’t forget that tonight’s show starts at 9 p.m. instead of 8 p.m. on Fox.

And don’t forget to pop over to our “Idol” tracker to reminisce about those who have fallen short in their attempt to make it to the finals. The judges have been quoted as saying this year’s group of women is stronger than the men so let’s see if the guys can prove them wrong.

Join CNN tonight and  throughout the "American Idol" season as Lisa Respers France blogs live during the performance and result shows.

1. Dave in Connecticut

I think Ryan Seacrest should replace Simon as a Judge and then they should get another host to get the contestant reactions. That would make the most sense. Paula is gone, sorry to say, so get use to it. I agree something was lost when she left.

March 11, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Elli Spark

Where is PAULA when you need her??? This year is awful!

March 11, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Maria

Terry, I couldn't agree with you more in regards to Todrick. I thought it was awful as well. I love that song and he just didn't have enough umph to make it work at all.

March 11, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. debbie

american idol is just not the same without paula.and if simon leaves, i will no longer watch the show.

March 11, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ses

The slap-and-tickle from Kara and Simon is too distracting and unprofessional. Get a room you two!

March 11, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. Terry

I'm not understanding the praise for Todrick. Anybody that sings a Freddie Mercury song needs to hit it out of the park. Not even close. I thought it was awful. The only guy I like is Lee. Looks like a girls season, but a weak one at that.

March 11, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. Just A Thought

Wow, seems like all the guys that were off last week are on it tonight! Tim Urban was awesome! Toderick, great Job! Casey great version to that song!

March 10, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Just A Thought

Nope not proving them wrong yet. Guys are bringing up the rear! Lee was pretty good; Tim Urban was actually great tonight!

March 10, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. mrswonderful

Who wants to play Blithering (Idiot) Bingo? Mark off a sheet with 12 boxes. In each box write your favorite Idol judge word or phrase. Don't forget to give yourself a "free" square. You may repeat words or phrases more than once.

If you think AI is boring, this game will keep your attention.

Here are some words and phrases to listen for:

Randy: dawg, hot, listen, definitely
    Ellen: I love..., terrific, (Ellen comes up with some lame joke that derails the critique), really
    Kara: sweetie, I'm just not..., you are...
    Simon: That was absolutely..., unbelievable, I disagree..., totally
    Ryan: American Idol, the boys, how do you feel?, Simon

Please add to these blitherings as I have forgotten one of Randy's habitual phrases.

March 10, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jasabell

I think the boys are just as good. But hopefully Didi Benami will get far. ( In a competition i am doing, I am her... (basically, haha))

March 10, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |