March 10th, 2010

Son of 'Real Housewives' NeNe arrested

The son of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes was arrested on drug and failure to appear charges, CNN has learned.

The Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Department in Lawrenceville, Georgia, confirmed that Bryson Bryant bonded out of the Gwinnett Detention Center on Wednesday morning after having been booked there Sunday.

Bryant is the eldest of Leakes’ two sons and has appeared on the hit Bravo show. One of the episodes featured Leakes enrolling her son in Clark Atlanta University and a later episode focused on her concern that he was staying out too late in nightclubs.

Shortly after her son’s release, Leakes posted the following message on her Twitter account: ”My head is up & held high this morning because I KNOW the parent that i'am! U hate 4 yo kids 2 make mistakes! TOUGH LOVE this morning.”

1. Generate Energy For Free

Valuable information. Fortunate me I found your web site unintentionally, and I'm stunned why this accident did not came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

July 9, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. Redd D

Ya know, prejudice is in some people's DNA so their comments don't matter. I am no celebrity hater by no means, but these people get too much attention. They get attention for things that average people do not. The media is to blame, and we definitely play a big part. No wonder their egos are inflated. At the end of the day, no one really and truly cares about most things that celebrities and their kids do, so why do we pretend? It's just a conversation piece for people that are incapable of forming a thought about important issues, or better yet, just nontrashy or noncriminal issues. CNN, why do you continue to write about things that are not worthy of attention, i.e. such as a cheating golfer? THIS, by no stretch of imagination is news. I expect more from you, but you hold true-to-form every time, and write about whatever will boost your ratings. Truth being told, you're turning into the Tabloid's. Hopefully this young man will get his life together. Not pertaining to his case, but in today's society, the bigger a screw-up you are the more attention you get. The problem with this picture is that it's the "intelligent", supposedly, that's shining the light on these matters. Go figure. Looks like the intellectual's and creative's(Hollywood) have become ignorant, or at least have trash floating around in their brains. No wonder Reality TV is ruling the Tube.

March 12, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. malsings07

Well, it ain't easy trying to raise kids now days, sometimes it doesn't matter how much church, how much education, love etc...you give a child they can be just rotten, they can end up anyway. Afterall they are their own person and you can't change that. Be lucky if you don't have to deal with any drama. Good luck NeNe!

March 12, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. BertoB

Another tragic example of a young man with potential and opportunities not afforded by most, makes a " bone headed" decision to impress friend rather than really make something worthwhile out of himself. I hope he wants more for himself than "street cred" which ususally gets you nothing but grief and a headstone. Grow up young man......

March 12, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. surprised

wow. i can't beleive this ..

March 12, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. mit

No,,,a black man in Atl arrested for drugs Wow shocking!!! Way to go Nene, Maybe more time should be spent on parenting then you trying to show off just how low class you really are!

March 12, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  7. keri

Kids make mistakes... wow big deal. they put the blame on her and make a big deal cuz her kid got arrested why?? cuz she has money and is in the spotlight....get over it

March 12, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. GTP903

NeNe is not my favorite on the show, even though I enjoyed wathing it, but I will say this much when he appeared on the show she didn't bite her tounge and gave him sound advice on how to progress in life. He is a grown man and what he does after being taught the basics of life is up to him. The problem society has is when a child messes up they automaticaly blame the parents. We have to put alot of this back on the child as well, kids make mistakes, we all did, the diffenernce is some of our mistakes were never found out. If u are like me i'm sure when u read stories like this u think to yourself "it could have been me". Thank God for grace & mercy!!!!!!!!

March 12, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. PJ - ATLANTA

**************** You can take the family out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the family. Period!

March 12, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  10. Tom Leykis

Someday the govt is going to do a study to try and figure out why men aren't getting married anymore. Then they will look into it deeper and find out that it was caused by women imitating the behavior they see on "reality" shows, specifically the Real Housewives series. And women will wonder what has happened to men, thinking they are the problem. Yet every time I turn on my TV, there is some sort of male bashing taking place. For example, the Tiger Woods saga. He is a sex predator, addict, etc. Oh really! Those women who rushed in and stuck their bodies in his face didn't know he was married? "But he said he loved me!" Yeah, right! Please, take this crap "reality" show off the air. There is more to life than ratings.

March 12, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  11. A mom

Nene admits that she has given her son too much materially. Give her and her husband a break. It appears that this punk has been given every opportunity to succeed by his parents - more than most. Maybe if he had to be out on his own, pay rent, etc. he wouldn't have time to get into shenanigans. I have a feeling his parents will be opening a can of whoop-ass on him - after all, Nene of all people will keep it real.

March 12, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  12. turtle001111

UGGGLLYYYYYY

March 12, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  13. Butterfly

A parent never stops being a parent even after the child turns 18. I agree that eventually one has to stop "babying" a child and to let him/her stand on their own two feet but, the love that a "true" parent has for their child will always keep a parent concerned about what happens to that child and a need to want to help that child any way that they can.

March 12, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  14. Guest

Since she only has two sons, Bryson would be the "elder" of the boys, not the "eldest", which according to the rules of english grammar would necessitate that she have at least three sons. What do they teach you all in journalism school these days? Apparently, not much.

March 12, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  15. Carla

Hey Mike, Hope your children also don't make the same mistake. It is not only N-words who are in jails. What goes around . . . .

March 12, 2010 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  16. Sandra B. Romans

NeNe never spent much time with her kids so it doesnt surprize me i hope he gets the help he needs H wasnt doing anyhing positive with with his time thats how trouble starts

March 12, 2010 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  17. Leah

I like nene. I think her child is spoiled rotten though. This is what happens when you don't give your kid enough of the vitamins "N and O"!

March 12, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  18. Ben L

Why does anyone care. His mom is the famous one, and just on Bravo. Why should his arrest make it to CNN.com.

March 12, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  19. ajay

most of u people who leave comments r ethier racist or just plain stupid and really need to watch what the fu*k u say

March 11, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  20. tome

Don't be disrespecting Jeff Dahmer, he's no longer with us but during his time on earth he did make a difference.

March 11, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Rob

My prayers are with you NeNe.

March 11, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  22. CoCo

Why is everybody blaming NeNe for her son getting arrested and why are people calling him a thug too? It is not NeNe's fault that her son was arrested! I am not a big fan of the show or NeNe for that matter, but I have watched a few episodes. From what I've seen NeNe and her husband encouraged their son to go to school and to get his act together. Bryson chose not to do that. Also, if you have watched the show it is obvious that Bryson is not a "thug"! He may want to be one, but he isn't. He is just a spoiled brat trying to be hard and making stupid decisions! No matter how well our parents raise us we don't always make the best decisions! I know I have done things that my parents NEVER would approve of! That is not their fault! Just like it is not NeNe's fault that her grown son got arrested! He knew right from wrong!

March 11, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Justine

Okay people, so just because he is a young black man with dreadlocks he has to be a thug??? I mean come on people, I know black males with dreadlocks who are in high positions in corporate America with hair like his. People need to stop judging a book by its cover. With that said, the public can't call NeNe a bad mother because of her son's actions. I am a 23 year old young black woman who was raised with both parents in my home, raised with a Christian background, and definitely taught right from wrong. And do you think I never got in trouble? Of course not! It's all a part of growing up and young people will do what they want regardless. Now, everyone on here needs to stop judging Bryson and NeNe. I'd hate to see if some of your kids ever ended up behind bars for their silly teenage mistakes....

March 11, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  24. get a life

ne ne keep your head up cuz you ve done your job he gotta learn. the hard way, you hate that i know but he knows right from wrong . we hope and pray that he grow up and see that s not the life he want to live

March 11, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. get a life

im assuming that most of you don't have kids because none of you know anything about how she has raised her kids. i have three kids all 3 years apart and start at 21 to 16 and none of them act the same, all raised in the same home with both parents and one is total on his own ride no matter how you raise them they've gotta find there own way there has never been drugs, acohol, not even a cigerette. we are as straight as straight can be god fearing family. i guess all of you on here talking crap don't have kids or you have perfect little angels, just wait its coming. i pray and hope that your kids stay the perfect little angels that they are for your sake. god bless ne ne because i know how kids are and every night that my 19 year old is out with frieds that he make the best decisions

March 11, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  26. JP

Aint no shocker to me...Typical thug....

March 11, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. jen hold

Gee, I wonder if you'd spent as much time raising your child as you did talking on your cell phone and tweeting if he'd be better than he is now.

You're pure hood.

March 11, 2010 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jeremy

How about speaking proper English and get off of the Twitter.

March 11, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mr. Man

What a looser!

March 11, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. jane

If my child had just been released from jail, I believe I would have more pressing matters to attend to than to get on my twitter account and update the world. What a mess!

March 11, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Reality Check

His mother is an loud, ghetto, attention-seeking ex-stripper who prides herself on "keeping it real". He was doomed from the start.
    For God sakes, what adult woman calls herself "NeNe".

I particulary enjoy the comments from the people who support this idiot because they raised loser kids, too. Pathetic.

March 11, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Marie-Louise

I feel sorry for Nene's husband...she's start trouble all the time with everybody on the show...coughs her poison left and right...wake up Nene weed your own garden and be a mother instead of over the hill DRAMA QUEEN!! Hubby get her to see the light...and maybe your class will rub off on her ...GOD help you, you are her ANGEL!

March 11, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  33. LR

I'm sorry, but if this is what black america wants to portray as "normal", then the work people such as Ooooh I don't know, Obama, and thousands of unrecognized African Americans has been pushed back another century. It makes me sick that any attention is paid to Vick , sorry you don't make a mistake that big "accidentally" when it comes to how you treat life, be it human or animal, when there are so many great stories about women who actually hold their families togethers in urban slums working two jobs and still spend time with their family and eventually, hopefully, succeed. Yes most of this is media sensation all hyped up, CNN is now known as E-TV as no one cares about "news" any more. And trust me... It's not going to get any better.

March 11, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  34. B

It's sad but we saw it coming during the show.

March 11, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. rachele

Of course she managed to make this the "All About NeNe Show"I have to agree with the poster who stated that he/she would be on drugs if his/her mom were on this stupid television show. It really is stupid. I know a lot of real housewives in Atlanta, and every one of us is much, much smarter and classier than the dips portrayed on this sham of a show. We aren't self-absorbed, pretentious celebrity-wannabe bimbo idiots.

March 11, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Steelertini

No wonder he was arrested, his mother is denial. How she can hold her head up and praise herself as a parent is beyond me. Now I understand that once a child is grown and on his own, he will do what he wants ... but don't act like "Parent of the Year" and pretend nothing is wrong. Get your a$$ off of TV and take care of your family!

March 11, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  37. kim

It started with those dreads!! She was right, they needed cut off!!

March 11, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  38. HB Joe

NeNe needs a Job Job

March 11, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Brent

Only in america can u be a piece of trash and become rich and famous. Sounds like NeNe needs to break out the belt and whip his butt.

March 11, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Dottie

Who really cares? I mean really. NeNe looks like a drag queen and she is a hot mess. She is so hateful to everyone then she tries to act like a diva. There's an old saying that you cannot turn a ho into a housewife. Enough said and next report some real news.

March 11, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  41. mrssarge

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

March 11, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jay

I see CNN edits and changes the comments.

My original comment was "who gives a sh*t? Not me!"

It was changed to "Who....gives....a....sh*t? honestly"

How do we know the "news" that is reported isn't changed by CNN??

March 11, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Erik

Glad to see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Wasn't surprised one bit, the whole family minus the step dad reminds me of trash.

March 11, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  44. sid

"....I admire NeNe for holding her head high. (pronounced Knee-Knee)....."

Not sure Bob Dog but I think she might pronounce that, 'me me".... as in "It's all about me me"!

March 11, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  45. sid

Genetically dominant (?) you can't spell for sh*t. Oh, and your grammar sucks too.

But please, lead the way! I would be happy to follow such a marvel of superiority and intelligence. Truth is you're probably too lazy for the job.

March 11, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  46. rebecca

I can live without NeNe but KIM is hilarious!!!!!
    Give the girl money,she is worth-it!!!!

March 11, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Dee

There is a few too many people celebrating another young man lost in the world of drugs. I know a lot of you have been hoping for a reason to tear that family down. This was a troubled child if I ever saw one. I am sad for him and his parents.

March 11, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Janet

If this guy wanted a few extra bucks he should've used his bad looks and dreadlocks to get a role in the next "Predator" movie!

March 11, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  49. stovalcrys

Man, I had no idea that all the perfect people who had all the answers hung out on BLOGS!!!!! If all you judgemental pricks have all the answers why aren't you running and country or the world!!!! Grow up and stop judging this mother for something her GROWN child is doing. Grow up and get a life! I suppose all of your parents and their parents are perfect too! PLEASE!

March 11, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Seriously.

You sure are a good parent. Get on that Twitter to let the world know your son is a druggy. Great parenting. Hey how about this.....worry less about your stupid fame and more about your kid. Idiot.

March 11, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  51. JohnChattanooga

I find all the negative comments trash,from self-righteous people who have not a clue one what the true situation is. What do you mean when you say "Typical"? Typical for who a celebrity son or a young black man? I really don't find this situation typical because it can easily you be you, wrong place wrong time.Comments like these will continue to separate us as a unit of American people,being so naive and judgemental of each other. Terrorist wont have much to do when they see we destroy our own people Grow up, look at your own issues,because remember we are all one bad mistake away from our freedom!

March 11, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Scorpion

People are we all so perfect? Are your children perfect? I venture to say no, we all have areas of opportunity for instance being judgemental. None of us live in their household and the small amount that we see on television does not give us a true picture of what goes on. Sometimes no matter what you do your kids take a wrong turn. I have a cousin who had all the love and support and discipline that was needed and up until about 3 years ago he was on the right path. He now sits in jail sentenced to 2 years for being an idiot. I love my cousin but and so disappointed with the path he choice, his mom and dad always did their best. His poor choice do not make them bad parents.

March 11, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Cynthia

It's not always the parents fault. But he's in the right place to get that "Good Ole Southern Justice".

March 11, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Genetically dominant

All of you albinomen and women or should i say recessive genetic
    peoples are born to destruct and destroy the world's majority ppls.
    But the fact is all of you are bunch of haters not hueman kind but a
    a mankind who is going out of existence very soon, so stop hating on this black-queen and get a job colorless or get some tanning so you could be beautiful dead corps.

March 11, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Latinchick

Did anyone seriously expect for Nene's sons to come out perfect when their mother becomes a celebrity after all the BS she talked on her show and the fights she got into. I mean really?!?!?!?

March 11, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Marce

who are these people and why do we need to know this?

March 11, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  57. dworm

I'm divorced and have 2 children. My oldest was an honor student and is now in her 2nd yr of college. My youngest stayed back in school once and is in danger of staying back again. Has no interest in school and no respect for authority. College...I'm just praying he makes it through High School. I didn't drop the ball nor neglect my 2nd child. Both were raised and taught to respect there elders, do their chores, school work and to always keep God in their lives. They are like day and night and I struggle with "what could I have done differently"? Not a damn thing. I know I did the best I could, actually I did a damn good job.

March 11, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  58. TEETEE

NeNe, keep your head up high girl. U did your part, our children will do as they pls sometimes, until the truth hits them upside the head. Hopefully this will be an eye-opener for him, and he will understand what you taught him. Everyone makes mistake, next is to get himself on the right path. KEEP THE 'FAITH'!!

March 11, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Jesus People

(Prov 22:6 KJV) Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. There is more to being successful than money and that is something all young people has to learn. Keep your lives off of reality TV because there is nothing SPECIAL about them. Go to God then go to therapy (some needs more than others) You can not glamorize DYSFUNCTION, I don't care who you are. This is not a racial or class issue. II Chronicles 7:14i f my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
    This will give us all something to do... Get busy

March 11, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  60. hb

The military can use a few good men

March 11, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Gary

Who cares and who watches that stupid stuff anyway?

Get that series of shows off TV and give us something decent to watch.

March 11, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  62. jadeix

Hold your head up high. This kid is grown and they have their own agendas these days. Forget the haters, they are just jealous. There is no such thing as the perfect kid or perfect parent. We all are a "work in progress."

March 11, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  63. chaunta hubbard

now folks keep in mind the man is grown. he is officially and adult and ne-ne has done the best that she could to raise her son while he was under her care in her home. everyone isnt perfect and in order to be a better person, mistakes are made and u can learn from your them. but i hope that this would a lesson learned for him bc he is reputation is ruined but he would have to repair but being a better man

March 11, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Lorraine

Nene, I hope your son makes it past the mess he's gotten himself into. Your so concerned with keeping up with the Jones. In the episodes your son appears in, it seems the only thing you care about is what he is wearing. When your talking to him about school the only person your fooling is yourself. The way he looks at you speaks volumes. Your so involved in your self. Your son needs you more than, what will make Nene popular. Wish your son well.

March 11, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Get serious

So tired of the whole black man in America whine....get over it...stay in school, don't do drugs, don't drink, don't have kids out of wedlock and don't get married until you're 25....anyone of any race who follows this little recipe is 90% more likely to succeed....how long are we going to blame white people becuase we can't raise our kids...

March 11, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Steve

Well, maybe he shouldn't be dealing drugs or whatever he was doing with it... He deserves what he gets... And yes it is typical...

March 11, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  67. JoeyCanada

NeNe is so self-absord is not even funny...but to blame it all on her is wrong. First off...this guy has TWO parents, the show might not be focused on neNe's husband, but he does appear in it, and he has as much responsability as her on raising their children. Second...sometimes, it doesn't matter how great of a parent you are...your kids will just mess it up!

@ stu – March 10th, 2010 12:01 pm ET, said to get back in the kitchen and raise her kid...you're an idiot...how's being in the kitchen make you a better parent. Go back in your hole.

March 11, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  68. sid

"....80% of males wear their pants below their butts"...?

Hey Wayne-O where did you get that statistic , doing private research looking at guys butts? and "..keep up or get left behind..."? How about keeping your pants up so I don't have to look at your behind.

March 11, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Tee

if she's on a reality show, you are right...she is sailing on the river denial. She is probably a poor excuse for a mother so what else should anyone expect?

March 11, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  70. me

to U Fail.... find something better to do than to pass judgement. "cant take the boy out the ghetto" really??!!!?? Somebody need to put u in ur place with that.... NeNe parenting is hard and we can't control everything our kids do... keep your head up mami!

March 11, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Ike Ume

Nene said on one of the episodes that Bryson needs to get his act together or he is gonna be on his own. Now is the time Nene....be the strong willed person you are and be the mom we know you can be. Take time out from bashing the other housewives and get your kids on the right track before its too late. A child is always a reflection of their parents and their bringing. Handle your business Nene quick!!

March 11, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  72. UnfortunateCompany2010

I think it is unfortunate that the comments regarding parenting are so drastically different for Marie Osmond and NeNe Leakes.There is little empathy and little heartfelt condolences. I don't know either woman personally and neither do 99% of the people writing in these blogs, yet we feel so superior in our basements, in our cubicles, at Starbucks judging these people. And giving sympathy to some and hatred to others. Your lives must be so perfect. I will pray for you and the parents of children who make decisions that change the direction ot their parents lives. God Bless You All.

March 11, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  73. kar

You are all missing the point. ”My head is up & held high this morning". That pretty much says it all. I did such a great job raising my kid, even if he is a drug dealer and thug. I am proud of my accomplishment. Now there is a great role model, whatever happens, it's not my fault. The kid never had a chance.

March 11, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Bob Dog

I admire NeNe for holding her head high. (pronounced Knee-Knee)

While her entire world collapses around her.

I wonder if NeNe could put in a good word for me with Bryant – I'd like to score a half a pound of Columbian (without seeds).

March 11, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Ms M

People, people stop judgeing and blaming, We mothers know our kids they do make mistakes, but we can't take the blame once you raise your child and they reach the age of 18 they are grown. He made the mistake let him pay for that. NeNe wasn't born with a silver or for that matter gold spoon in her mouth, she raised her children to the best of her ability. As for the english lession from Mrs English, this is called texting and it does use short wording, try reading between the lines or do you know how to?

March 11, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  76. mikki

Truth is Bryson is a grown ass man, and he chose to make a grown ass decision. That is something that he is going to have to deal with. Now that he is grown it is her job as a parent to love and emotionally support him, but that is about it . We can all say if she should've, would've, could've done this, or that then these things would have never happened, but hind-sight is 20/20. Keep it pushin' forward!!!!!

March 11, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Tyronne Washington

Wher da NAACP b at on dis one? Yo NaNa keep yaws chin ups! Peaz!

March 11, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  78. MARK ANTHONY

I remember an episode where NeNe's husband warned her about her spoiling her son and that it was time for him to grow up. She was having none of it. I bet this'll grow him up FAST

March 11, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Ben Larsen

Very typical, predictable from the type of parenting who would rather seek fame and fortune.

March 11, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  80. YC

I love reading posts that call him a thug or ghetto mess, I was unaware that having dreads made someone look like a thug. When pictures are posted of other celeb children who get into trouble I'm sure the term thug or ghetto mess is never thrown around. I am really not sure when having less than an ounce of weed, made someone a criminal, but hey I guess when you're a black male and get into trouble society deems you a criminal. Its sad that as a society we look at the person and not the crime. Some people are just as ignorant as they make other people out to be.

March 11, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  81. housewives fan!

Sorry Tamra, but when I saw the headline I thought it was Ryan! :( Sorry to hear about NeNe's son, but he is an adult and she should not be catching so much public flak over this....

March 11, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  82. Ebony

I see nothing but negative comments on this entire forum! He who is without sin cast the first stone. Mind your business! Don't judge unless your in the same situation! Raising boys into men is no easy job.

Keep this family uplifted...

March 11, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  83. Texan

Hold your head up high and glorify the fact that YOUR precious little boy is not only killing himself, but many other people that are close to him in his pathetic life. Praise the lord that YOU and HE are destroying multiple families, Your son is the type of person that I don't mind paying for to go to prison. Hallaluya !!!

March 11, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  84. JP

Just keepin it real, Yo!

March 11, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  85. Denise

DMA, raise her kid properly? He's a grown *** man. His mistakes are on him at this point. He has the choice to behave how he was raised to behave or do things differently. I hope your kids are darling angels.

March 11, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  86. Jeanette

TOUGH LOVE would have been leaving him in jail. This is not a first incident for this young man. I have a 14 year old son, my husband and I explain to him if he gets in trouble that's not his fault we will stand behind him 100% but if he does the wrong thing than he will get visits in jail from us....a parent can only teach you the right choices to make in life...that child has to decide to make the right choice

March 11, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  87. Let's get focused!

Where did he get the $ to buy drugs? On the show, while NeNe was "renting" a home that eventually went into foreclosure, she (and her husband) went and purchased her son a 40,000 (plus) truck at Malcom Cunningham Ford. Why would "responsible" parent(s) buy a 17-18 year old a vehicle of such value when the child displays no method of responsibilities. I know the show is only an hour long (and alot of editing is done) however, the show betrayed her son and "sorry", lounging around the house and not maintaining good hygiene. You promote this type of behavior by "spoling him" with an expensive vehicle. NeNe need to get herself (household) together and stop being so focused on being on tv. It seems to be the "real reality" is her son needs guidiance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 11, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  88. Gingertee

Did most of you know that at one time, Judge Mathis was arrested, a felon? Did you know that once upon a time, Samuel Jackson was a drug addict? D.L. Hughley was a Crip until they layed his dead cousin at his aunt's doorstep. Many people make bad life choices, but that does not make them bad forever. The worst thing about the net is all of these know-it-all people. To those on here claiming to be angels, get a grip. In life we all make mistakes and bad choices, that is what makes us human. It is how this young man rises above this what will determine his outcome. Sometimes we have to fall down in order to appreciate the right to stand strong. But Nene Leakes is not to blame for these actions of her 20 year old son, are you kidding me? Some people spend their entire life in Mayberry.

March 11, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  89. janet

Bring back National Service, two years in the forces with a college education afterwards will straighten most of the delinquents out. Don't send them to a soft time jail, hard work is what is needed. Today's young have an undeserved sense of entitlement.

Get real, get a job.

March 11, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  90. anonymous

Hey parents- NEWS if you have a teenager, they have probably smoked pot and there's nothing you can do about it. It's not about being a bad parent at all!

March 11, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  91. Sebastian

This is clearly a case of poor parental actions, by not setting her priorities in order, and putting TV shows over her family, issues like this are bound to arise. She should never have passed judgement on someone else and their activities w/o getting her life right in the 1st place.

March 11, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  92. Guest

Nice choice of words "U hate 4 yo kids 2 make mistakes". Didn't she call Kandi out for being "Too Ghetto"? I'm puzzled.

March 11, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  93. Steve

He's an adult, she should have left him in jail to work this out himself.

March 11, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  94. LVLinda

Duh, would you hire this young man? Looks like every other punk standing on the street corners. His mother needs to face reality that her lifestyle has certainly not helped her kid whose crying out for help. Get a real life NeNe. You sicken me.

March 11, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  95. mother

Your no different from any other mother. We don't went to see our kids in trouble. Now the problem is, when he do it over and over. It's army time!!!!!!!!!!

March 11, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  96. brook

'Real housewives of Nova Scotia' would probably be a pretty mundain show....Most of us get up, go to work in our mid-size/mid-priced cars, clean our modest 50 year old houses, make supper by peeling potatoes and other vegtables and slicing the roast , doing laundry and hanging out the clothes(we have dryers but they smell nicer from the line), then homework in the evenings, watch some TV....sometimes the kids may get off track, such as NeNe's son, but at least we gave them an honest chance at a stable household...can these ladies, in good conscience, say the same?....a little less 'All about me"...al little more "all about them".

March 11, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  97. hate her

NeNe is nuts....no wonder her kid is messed up. Typical!!

March 11, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  98. john

it figures

March 11, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  99. Vi

I have seen a lot of the "housewife" shows and most of the participants with kids are examples of bad parents. They live in excess, have huge egos and their kids are the ones that suffer. Let's not forget that this young man has a father as well. He should take some responsibility in this too. I don't know what goes on in their life but the way it is portrayed on TV doesn't make for a positive image. When you put your life out there on the "big screen", you had better be ready for a litany of criticism. My question is, "why did she bail him out?". If she wanted to give him "tough love", that would have been the way to do it.

March 11, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  100. Jay

who...gives...a...s***? honestly.

March 11, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  101. Binky

Slap his ass in the Army so he can get some discipline and direction in his worthless life. His mama can do nothing but a drill sergant and a little combat will put his young mind in order pretty fast.

March 11, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  102. Terri

Best of luck to you NeNe, parents can't be held accountable for everything their kids do. They grow up and have to be accountalbe for their own actions. Love you and the show.

March 11, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  103. Mike

Who cares???? Another n..... in jail

March 11, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  104. observer

funny.....I thought it was going to be Tamras' son from OC.....could have gone either way.....

March 11, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  105. Klaatu

this is certainly no big surprise for anyone...kids get into trouble ...black kids, white kids, brown kids, etc...hopefully he will turn it around to a learning experience..so lets not be too harsh to judge...

March 11, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  106. Silk

Some of you have no clue. I'm not making this racial, but some of you have no clue what it's like to raise a young black man in America today. It gets harder and harder everyday. Instead of degrading one, try something positive for a change and offer some support. Are you raising a young black man in America today?

March 11, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  107. Get serious

I'm shocked SHOCKED that the sone of one of these wannbe celebs is in trouble.....

March 11, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  108. mari

once you are 18 it is up to you to make your life. privileged or not he is an adult he is responsible for himself. He was given the privilege of going to college, many kids can't. hope he turns it around for himself.

March 11, 2010 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  109. Carson

Wow, I don't always read these comments.....but when I do, they never cease to amaze me. How judgemental and hypocritical. First you got the religious folks who preach, but seem to forget "Judge not.....". Second, you have the apparent racist, sexist, classist, biggoted idiots who always seem to break things down to looks (how many times was the word "thug" used above?) and labels that are irrelevent. And third, everyone else who seems to have an opinion, but most certainly do not have all of the facts.

Yes, NeNe is a television personality! Wow, she and thousands of others. Don't like her show, then don't watch. Her son is 20 and a grown man....his actions are his own, not hers. No one knows how much guidance she tried to give over the years.....and do you forget the part of the tweet that talks about "tough love this morning"? I was born in the mid 60s into a split household, with an endless stream of stepdads and "uncles". I persevered and have two college degrees and am successful. My sister, on the otherhand, who had the same life, is the opposite. My aunt and uncle (mother's side) were very successful and loving, doting parents. Their kids also turned out as different as my sister and I......two "normal" and well-adjusted, and one acts out and now has a criminal record. So, can someone please tell me why this is NeNe's fault.

As for why "she is making this about herself"......um, let's see. Everyone nowadays is on Facebook and tweets, and who knows what else. NeNe is on twitter, she gets tweeted, and tweets back. It's the quickest way to get a simple message out to the largest group possible....and then be done with it. I see twitter taking the place of many publicists in the future. NeNe may be a narcicist, but again, why all the judgement?

Everyone, stop judging. If you don't like NeNe, or anyone else.....don't watch them on tv or the movies, listen to their music, or socialize with them. Don't be near the people you don't like. You're not always going to be able to escape them, because when the media latches on to something, they don't let go.....and that's not always the "celebrity's" fault.

March 11, 2010 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  110. cat

Not shocking. Ne Ne should focus more on her son and family and not Kim.

March 11, 2010 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
  111. Chase

I don't like NeNe, but this has nothing to do with her parenting skills. People are gonna do what they wanna do. For ex: Tiger, Pres. Clinton just 2 name a few before they made their public mistake we all thought the best of them and thought they had great parents, do you feel the same? He's young, he will make mistakes!

March 11, 2010 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
  112. Jimmy H

This young man needs to man-up and stop depending on momma to bail him out of every bad situation he gets himself into, and momma needs to understand that if she keep bailing him out he is never gonna realize what it means to be a man.

March 11, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  113. Marcy

What a handsome child. She must be so proud of him.

March 11, 2010 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  114. Dani

anyone who makes excuses for NeNe has either no kids or has a kid that has gotten into trouble with the law, and they don't want to admit that they might have done a better job with the parenting. Stop making exuses for her-she is a very selfish woman.

March 10, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Dani

All the childeren on any of those housewives show are all spoiled because the mother spends the father's money on them. He has been in trouble before and there is some lack of parenting if he is in jail by 19. My parents were always in my life and new everything and yeah I snuck around and lied to them sometimes when I was younger, but I sure as hell wasn't doing anything illegal (especially drugs!). My sister the same way. And I knew better than to do anything that could get me arrested, because that would mean I would have to face my parents! I was never a bad kid neither was my sister and we both have clean records, and just about finished with college and make something for myself, and I love my parents to death and mentally thank them for their (what i once thought strict) parenting.

March 10, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  116. teach

When children become of 'adult' age, they will do things that may shock some people, but it is not up to us to judge anyone. Keep your head up NeNe and let him suffer the consequences.

March 10, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Mike

Son gets busted for drugs and mom is "holding her head up high". GG! I guess we don't have to wonder too hard about how he went wrong. Sad.

March 10, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Abacab

Yo Yo Yo Thug Life

March 10, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Jean

Open up a can of whup A__..puleeze! I had plenty and I am glad!!

March 10, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  120. No Way

If that kid doesn't look like a thugged out druggie, then I don't know who does.

No worries, he'll get off with community service so he can continue to negatively impact society.

March 10, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Chrissy

NeNe is a money hungry, self centerm drama queen. In the first season she stated that her "husband" Greg was a real estate investor. The Atalanta area news reported he is a property manager.
    She was evicted from her home for non payment (despited making money off of the show and her appearances and advance from her book.
    When a women to inflates herself and thinks that "she is the Jones" (as in keeping up with) she isn't going to being raising good citizens.

March 10, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Big John Teller

Parents are not Always to blame for their kids; but in general they bear a lot of the responsibility for how the kids turn out; more than is generally recognized or accepted. This doesn't mean that people can escape responsibility for themselves by blaming their parents. But dysfunction runs in families, as does violence and neurosis. If you take a systems approach to the family it really helps you see the real dynamic and how so many kids get in trouble.

March 10, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Misti

I love it how they focus on Ne Ne from Atlanta, but not Lynn and Tamara from Orange County. Lauri put her son's business out ther before the media did but those other 2 ladies have a son and daughter that got arrested for under age drinking and drugs..so let's just say all these real house wife's have spoiled kids who need to grow up and leave their parents credit cards alone!

March 10, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Karen

NeNe is a loud mouth bully. Here's 50 cents...call someone who cares!

March 10, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  125. anna

"i'am" is English?

Ah Will.i.am what you've done....

March 10, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  126. D

The episode showing her son trying to get into the promotion/party biz had a few flaws. 1. what is the legal drinking age in ATL? Is he old enough to be at events with liquor? 2. He was promoting & holding parties for $ at the dorms...um isn't running a biz out of the dorms illegal? Wow does the dorms insurance have liquor liability/liquor permit and did he pay income taxes on his gains? 3. He is a spoiled brat. I bet this is not his last tangle with the law. Ne Ne needs to straighten him out or she may lose her well paying gig on the housewives...hmmm if he is under 21 and living in her house...i would think her azz could be thrown into jail for his actions.

March 10, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Sid

Why are these people famous in the first place, if morons would quit watching this "reality" crap we wouldn't have to hear about these people.

March 10, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Sandra

Bryson is not a minor, therefore, his actions are on him not his mother. He made the choice to do something STOOOPID, now he needs to be the one that gets raked over the coals.

March 10, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  129. JB

Once again...he is a grown man! Rev Runs son went to jail for the same thing like I stated earlier. And how cane you judge a person by the grammatical errors on a "TWEET"??? She is showing her son some Tough Love. He needs to take resposiblity for his actions as an ADULT, because that's what he is....he is 20!!! SO stop blaming NeNe for her childs problem.. There aren't a lot of people talking like this when it's Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Rev Runs son etc. Stop being so judgemental of other people just because you see this "Character" on Tv. They will make mistakes, because guess what??....They are human too...

March 10, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  130. kat

he's not the first one. anyone watch the Real Housewives of Orange County? Those kids are in and out of jail

March 10, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  131. badgirl

Hey NeNe

All we can do is support our children. We don't like the things they do but they are ones who have to live with it. We have done our job as parents. Right KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH AND PRAY.

March 10, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Futon Torpedo

NeNe is an arrogant blowhard.... nothing more.

March 10, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  133. nonnahs

Wow. yall are cold, plenty of parents are in show biz and have children that get into trouble. Now for all you fools that say NeNe should raise her kids and not work on her show, I have a question what do you think Marie Osmond could have done to prevent her son from doing what he did? Most stars and yes I said star becasue she is a star have kids that mess up. Get over it. All you haters your TRUE colors are showing. and Jeff, Los Angeles, CA shut up. She is doing something right cause she is on T.V. and your not. HATERS

March 10, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  134. CONSTANCE

This is a GROWN ASS MAN! She is done raising him! His arrests have absolutely NOTHING to do with his mother!!!

March 10, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Rupert

If you are worried about your son staying out late at the club, here are some ideas:

- take away his club money
    - take away his car

He is mooching off the parentals and the parentals are enabling it. He needs a job, not a handout. That is most of what is wrong with our society. So many people are living off the hard work of past generations and can't see any reason to work for what they want. Charge it, overspend, buy too much house and forget the consequences. Someone with more sense will bail you out.

March 10, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  136. kitkat

Nene, Obviousley you have no idea of what tough love really is. This young man is soon to be a convicted felon. How proud you must be. It appears you are more concerned about "your life" than parenting your child. So sad. This is how criminals are made.

March 10, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  137. BlackEng

To all of you talking about don't blame the mother, or don't judge we've all done something when we were young, etc. Well, I am sorry but that dog ain't gonna hunt. While I may have done some stupid things when I was young, there was nothing that would cause me to be arrested. Why, because I was more afraid of my mother than the police. She laid the law done when I was young, "don't be out there getting in no mess". Parents, know where you kids are, who they are hanging out with, if its dark why aren't they in the house. If they break these rules, make sure they will remember and feel it for a long time

March 10, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Gingertee

Maybe I watched a different housewives show because on the one I saw, Nene was trying to help him, but she put him in check all of the time. She told him he had to work, that nothing was free and she demanded he respect her. What are these people talking about on here I had GREAT parents and a policeman father but that did not stop my siblings from being wild. All of these perfect parents with perfect children, perfect philosophies and perfect opinions need a PERFECT reality check. Look in your own mirror. We have all made our parents cringe at least once and if you claim you didn't then now would be the PERFECT time to stop lying to yourself and the rest of the world. Rev Run's son was arrested for a drug offense, do you hate on him too.

March 10, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  139. PinkPanther

"MrsEnglish," a word of advice: before you try to disparage someone else about their poor grammar and spelling on a TWEET, please make sure your own spelling is correct. I hope I'm being "coherent" enough for you.

March 10, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  140. JoeBob

After all this is reality, break the law go to jail.

March 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Outside

I know Ne-Ne is not happy about her son doing this, but she loves him as a mother should. Advice to Ne-Ne: If you accept him back in your home, you'd better have some hard & fast rules with consequences about Bryson getting a job, keeping up his school grades, curfew times, contributing to the household chores, cutting his hair, not looking like a gangsta, etc. Telling him you love him the whole way but that you will not put up with ONE MORE MISTAKE....or he's out. And if he doesn't like it, let him see what the real world is like out there. That is TOUGH LOVE.

March 10, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  142. L. Lane

There is a difference between perfect children and children that don't get in trouble with the law. In my world (my friends' kids), none of them got in trouble with the law and they are hard working productive citizens. The fact that you think there are no perfect kids tells me you live in a world where the kids getting into trouble is "natural", even though they know the difference between right and wrong. Parents lead by example.

March 10, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  143. robert L

Boy, the fruit don't fall far from the trees! The reason she is getting so much hate is the fact that she has absolutely NO humility. She is in center of EVERY SINGLE point of contention between feuding castmates on the show, she tries to portray herself as educated, refined and intelligent. In reality, she is a brash, idiotic troublemaker, who perpetuates the stereo-type that african-americans, no matter their financial status, have the crabs-in-a-barrel mentality and just like to keep up trouble. Even as an adult, when you have been a party to confusion all of your life, the likelihood of your life being a mess is astronomically increased.

March 10, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Theresa

Did the mother ever graduate from an English class??

March 10, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  145. JB

Wow its amazing that so many people are Judgemental of NENE in this situation. First things first....Her son is a 20 year old GROWN man, which means her days of raising him are OVER!!! He is an adult and makes his own decisons. As for NENE she has no control over what her child does neither do other parents with grown children. Just because he got arrested means that she wasn't a "good mother"? Seriously?! People its time to wake up and face the reality that our children will not always follow your rules. The bible says (Prov 22:6 KJV) Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Which means, even though the child may go out and "test the waters" doesn't mean that the parent did something wrong. Sometimes the kids may need something like this to happen in order for a wake up call to occur in their lives. For example, when Rev Runs son Jojo got arrested for the same thing about a year ago it wasn't that much buzz. Rev Run raised his son to be a respectable young man, and sometimes they just tend to stray away, and also Jojo was a minor at the time as well. It doesnt matter what age young people are going to make some dumb decisions sometimes, but weren't we all the same way? The difference is, their situations are so transparent and open because they are on these reality tv shows with their celebrity parents for the world to see, and "regular people, so to speak" are not in the lime light. All NeNe can do now is love, and support her son in the best way she can. She said numerous times on the show that she wanted him to do something with his life, go to college, look proffesional, etc. But thats all she can do now is tell him how she feels since he is an adult. Its time for him to Grow up and make smarter decisons because he isn't a child anymore. It may be time for her to cut him loose so he can see how it is being a responsible adult and I believe thats what she is doing by staying in New York. She Can't and Shouldn't take the rap for her sons arrest because once again he is GROWN!! So Stop being so judgemental of her, because thats not her fault.

March 10, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  146. sc girl

He is a GROWN man so whatever HE gets himself into is his own fault! Nene didn't force him to do drugs! So don't blame the parent(s) – you can't go thru life blaming them after a certain age. Plus they don't show you what goes on after the reality show goes offline.

March 10, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Fred

wOw! This is big. Any news on what the family pet is up to? How about the neighbors?

March 10, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Ann

is this news? does anyone care?

March 10, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  149. stef

i cant believe how people have so much time talking crap about other people especially when they are famous....because shes on a show and something like that happened to her you're hatin but if it was your child or your sisters you wouldnt take the same way. And its not because the kid is on drugs that he wasnt raised properly! its has nothing to do with the parents its a peronnal choice and obviously this one didnt make the best choice but it has nothing with his parents.They dont make the choices for him. She tried to keep him out of that but it didnt work and its not a failiure....im writing here probably people will hate but i know how to live with ignorants and haters.... have fun commenting!

March 10, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Sherry

"Anonymous" - there is such a thing as "good kids." I have two of my own and it comes down to not giving them everything they ask for; making them work for what they want; spending QUALITY time with them; telling them how much they are loved and how proud you are of them. YOU may not have a good kid, but I do and could not be more proud!

March 10, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Sherry

Spare the rod, spoil the child!

March 10, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  152. VivLee

Wow, I didn't know there are so many PERFECT people!

March 10, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  153. ricky shade

wow, that tweet didn't sounds too ghetto.

March 10, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  154. stella baba

Please don't blame NeeNee for loving her son too much and wanting to protect him and give him a decent life. However I can tell her from experience she has a co-dependency issue going on. I dd the same thing. Back in the day, my son and I had very little. As I became successful I wanted him to "enjoy and have" what I could not provide previously. Part of it was guilt and part was wanting to provide-finally.

I wish her family and her luck. The name of the game is goals, boundaries, and accountability.

March 10, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  155. mark

Sounds like they need to get a better class of Housewives.

March 10, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Anonymous

What a shame. He was a good looking kid when the show started. What happened?

March 10, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  157. anonymous

This is not the first kid on the housewives shows that has legal problems, and he won't be the last.

March 10, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  158. DNA

All the money in the world won't change these people from being no-class trash.

March 10, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Boyrotten

Well that's a real surprise. Typical. Call Al Sharpton.

March 10, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Rachel R.

David: "A famous man once said throw the first stone if you are without sin."

Famous man = Jesus? Really? You are an idiot. Is God famous too?

March 10, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Sherri

"You hate for YO kids ....." Oh, wow, pathetic.

March 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Sherri

Oh gee. Doesn't he look sweet.

March 10, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Guest

Sa, but I'm not surprised. He looked like he was high or had a rough night to me on a least one episode. NeNe is right time for "Tough Love" and hope she sticks to her guns before there is no turning this path around. Good luck to him.

March 10, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Bee

NeNe should have left his butt sitting there. They have to learn you don't always win. Life can deal you some tough stuff and it's best you learn from the "the school of hard knocks".

March 10, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  165. sooze

Really...he looks so clean cut and presentable.....GO FIGURE...thug thug thug..........lock him up and throw away the key....he'll be a repeat offender for sure...or FO SHO as he would say......makes me sick.

March 10, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Parent Alert

Everybody saw this coming....

March 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  167. paul

It is clear to me that most of what these women on half of these shows do is all SHOW. Look at lynne on the OC saying she didn't realize the girls were drinking because the LIMO was too long!!! Or Tamra's complete absence in her kids life (not one story about what a divorce would do to her kids BUT more on how she didn't want to be over 40 living in a condo with 3 kids... its about her not them to her). Or NeNe, who has shown her kids being rude, a snob and a total moron can lead to ignoring your kids while they travel down the wrong path.

I don't usually blame the parent for an adult kids misfires in life, but after watching these shows I am certain they had BIG hands in steering the kids the wrong way.

March 10, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Blade

NeNe is not the one who was arrested, her son was. The young man is 19. We have all made stupid immature mistakes. She is not to blame for the decisions that he makes. Every parent wants the best for their children, so the ones of us who can do give them more than they deserve at times. TOUGH LOVE IS THE KEY WITH YOUNG MEN NO MATTER THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN OR THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS. Children will make the decisions they make for whatever reason.
    NeNe, Keep your head up. Pray and ask God to help and lead Bryson. The ones making the most noise here are probably guilty of the exact things they are accusing you of doing or not doing. Believe that.

March 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  169. SJ

How come it appears that all of these so-called "Housewives" aren't even married?? They are divorced, pregnant & engaged, but none appear to be married. These shows should be taken off the air & these stupid people on them should worry about raising their family period, end of story.

March 10, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Lynne

Forget the reality show, tweeting and limelight and raise your sons right. Maybe if you weren't so busy being "NeNe" and spent more time being "mom" these things wouldn't happen.

March 10, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Brenda

Hold ur head up high all we can do is raise them its up to them to follow there on path in life right or wrong they are still our kids an we still love them.

March 10, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Jason

Besides the dreadlocks, he just looks like a scared kid. I don't know what all this talk about "thug look" and "ghetto mess" is all about. Of course to these types on here, any black youth that doesn't dress like Bill Cosby is a "thug."

March 10, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  173. charisse mcguire

This is sad, it shouldn't matter who they are tv star, neighbor or family member, we shouldn't pass judgement on anyone when we ourselves as a people are nowhere near of being perfect. Really, what have you done in your lives that you gives you the right to pass judgement on anyone? NENE, keep your head up and do what's best for you and your family. People, step outside and look in your own windows and stop looking through everyone else's.

March 10, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Aconcernedmom

You cant blame her for her son. We have only seen her life for the past two to three years, who knows what type of parent she was before this. I am a parent raising four kids. I raised my children up in ministry from the age of 6 months. Three of them are youth leaders, in college and serving God. One decided they would test the waters and is now an unwed pregnant teen. is this my fault, No? She knew right from wrong, She and I have a very close relationship. We have had talks about premarital sex and the ramifications for it. When I found out she was having sex, I took her to get the pill not because I condoned it but I was being realistic and knew she wasnt ready for childrn. It was HER choice to stop taking the pills and have unprotected sex. You can't always blame the parents, Everyone is given a choice, we can only do what we can as parents. Am i perfect> No, not by any means, but I didnt make her do what she did and neither did NE NE make her son do what he did.

March 10, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Cooper

Funny, when I saw the headline I first thought of the son of one of the women in Florida who was having all the problems with her son that was heading for jail. This guy never entered my mind.

March 10, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  176. John

Idiots

March 10, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Regina

NeNe was doing her best to point Bryson in the right direction. I loved the segment where she brought a hairdresser to her home to clean up his appearance and ,as he was walking away, she told him to pull up his pants.
    He's a kid with all kinds of advantages who makes the wrong choices. Certainly not the fault of the parents.

March 10, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Cheryl

I watch the show, and NeNe is a trip. As for her son, he is the legal age of 18 where he is only liable for himself. At this point, NeNe needs to kick his ass out of the house and have hime pick himself up, still be his mother but tough love is all she needs to give him besides a kick in the a**, I have a feeling that this child wasn't diciplined when he was younger, and this is the result of it. Granted this is a family ordeal and it is her decision but she needs to take control of the situation and either kick the kid to the curb or be willing to face even bigger issues later.

March 10, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Donna

I think people need to learn how to spell.

March 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Nick Geerz

hold your head boo boo ..it gonna b ok ..

BABBA BOOEY BABBA BOOEY

March 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  181. wayne

MrsEnglish: Obviously you're from a different generation. Even most out of touch people have become somewhat familiar with texting language. As an educated person who hates the direction that this generation seems to be going, I suggest you either catch up or get left behind. Speaking of which, have you noticed that appoximately 80% of male teens, white, black, hispanic, or other wear their pants BELOW their butt cheeks? Whether you agree or disagree, keep up, or get left behind.

March 10, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Reality

Hey Canadian, statistics from the US Dept. of Health & Human Svcs show that when parents are involved w/their kids' activities and such, they're less likely to get into trouble, get involved w/drugs, etc... So as far as assumptions go, this is a no brainer. I don't watch this show nor would I ever; this article caught my eye because with just about every other "reality show", participants all go to pieces when the cameras are turned off; look what happened w/Hulk Hogan, Kate plus 8, shall I go on.

You sound like the whinning liberals we have here. Try looking at life through the prism of reality; you'll see that there are low lifes (like Nene's dopey ass kid).

March 10, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Daddyweave

The son is wholly responsible for his actions, he messed up and needs to pay the consequences for his choices. It would have been nice if his mother stepped in at some point, kids just don't become bad and sell drugs; a serious of events had to occur to get him there. maybe, the real housewives responsibilities are becoming a bit much and she is losing her touch with reality and her family. Fame can be a B

March 10, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  184. shondam

DMS and Scott – her son is a grown man in college now. Raising him should have been done a long time ago and is too late to do now. NeNe seems primarily concerned about how her son's current actions may impact her. Hopefully, she accepts responsibility for how her obsession with material and financial gain through any means necessary helped to mold her son's values and character.

March 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  185. LaTinka

My heart and aspirations go out to her as myself a proud mother of 6 beautiful children. My house is strong with my kids and they can still stray off. My mama, and 2 aunts have helped me out but 2 of the kids get there molding from the streets. 1 of them is in county with thier father so he'll get straigten out now. Bless u ne-ne! luv ur weave 2!!

March 10, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  186. wayne

U Fail: To my knowledge of what I know about NeNe's upbringing and her early life as a parent, I don't believe she, or her son ever lived in the ghetto. How ignorant of you to make the assumption that kids, and in the instance, a black kid who got in trouble must be from the ghetto. Should we all be led to believe because Corey Haim died earlier this morning from a possible drug overdose, that he was came from a "white trash" family or environment? As a proud black man who WAS raised in a ghetto with 9 other siblings, my parents raised us with the uttmost integrity, respect, reverence for our elders, and the importance of education and a hard work ethic. Now, because two of my brothers got heavily into drugs during their late teen/early adult years mean that my parents were failures? So, just because NeNe and her family are on television in no way means she's not trying to raise her son with good values. The fact that he's making some poor choices puts him on par with millions of other teens; regardless of social class or status.

March 10, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Joser Jimenez

What a lovely family....sorta like the Huxtables....Someday people will take off their rose colored glasses and see the real world....Face the truth....because until then, NOTHING is going to change..

March 10, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Canadian

Wow, you people are soooo judgmental. Who gives anyone the right to make assumptions about how NeNe parented her son. How rude to make comments related to the ghetto or looking like a thug....Grow up America.

March 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Mary

These dang kids today...u give them everything and they still act like knuckleheads. Keep ur head up NeNe!!

March 10, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Mary

NealR2000, So who are you, Sigmund Freud?

March 10, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  191. mk

Wow, he doesn't look like a criminal.

March 10, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  192. GoSharks

Everyone needs to stop being jealous. Seriously, I wish I could sit on my ass and do nothing and STILL make a ton of ca$h. It's not like her son molested a child or anything... get over it!

March 10, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  193. stopjocknmyswag

I suppose all these haters are perfect parents with perfect children. Fan or not, bad children happen to good parents quite often. For folk who say she should've stayed home instead of working and earning a living on the show...if she had been at home and unemployed on welfare you'd be complaining about that!! Plenty of parents have to work to support theif families....are you telling me that if you were offered a gig that pretty much allowed you to stay home and legitamately earn around $10k p/wk you wouldn't take it? This 'child' is actually an adult and is responsible for his own choices.
    He went out into the street and did what he did-she's not the blame for that. He needs to man up and accept the blame and the consequences.
    How many folk blamed Farrah Fawcett for her son's behavior? Who is blaming Marie Osmond for her son's actions? Or how about Cory Heim's parents?

March 10, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  194. MCLDJ

NeNe may the Lord give you strengh to seek His face in your knees, putting all pride aside and as a mother prays for her children try to surrender yourself and your family to Jesus Christ. Bryson we pray for you and the Lord loves you....please read Luke 22:31-23 there is you answer!

March 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Jennnn

Looks good on her..

March 10, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  196. hatetheshow

Welcome to the "system" young man!

March 10, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Kari

And why exactly are we shocked by this? And why exactly do we care about another celeb's loser child bonding out of jail? Hmmmm?

March 10, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Head Diva In Charge

He is an "adult" now. How dare you judge her on parenting skills. It doesn't matter if he is rich, poor, black, white, or if she is on t.v. The fact is he is a stupid kid who make a stupid decision and will have to pay for it now.
    And I wouldn't exactly compare this to Dahmer....a little excessive don't you think?

March 10, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  199. rjinchi

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, odds are........

March 10, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  200. mcmmwm

Who cares??????????

March 10, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Jeff, Los Angeles, CA

Did anyone even notice the headline with the word "STAR" in it. Really??? STAR?? Talk about a misuse of a word. There are very few "Stars." This pathetic, mess of a woman isn't a star, she's fodder for tabloid tv.

March 10, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  202. brown sugar

Who cares about Bryson getting arrested. Now they have to blast all her personal info. on the net just b/c his mom was or is a "supposed" reality star! I think everything was handed to him & now he's bored & doesn't have anything to occupy his time with.

March 10, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  203. dcviewer

Regarding this headline link on CNN home page: Son of 'Housewives' star arrested ... His mother NeNe is by no means a "star." She is a popular reality show personality or better yet a reality show actress ... since most of the stuff on reality shows these days is scripted and not spontaneous. But calling her a "star" diminishes a term better suited for higher-caliber and more talented celebrities.

March 10, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  204. MrsEnglish

Whoa – what a mug shot. Does anyone know if Nene is educated? Her spelling and grammar in that tweet was so poor, I was just wondering if she was a high school drop-out or something. I hope her son stays at Clark Atlanta so he can learn (and teach Mom) to compose a coherant tweet!

March 10, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  205. NealR2000

The mother appears to be a classic narcissist, judging by the statements she made.

March 10, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  206. E

He is not a child.

Noone is a perfect mother and plenty of kids do bad things despite good parents.

Blame all you want, but the kid is not a kid, he is fully responsible for his own actions.

March 10, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  207. sassy

who cares! he looks like a hot ghetto mess

March 10, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Jim Shorts

Why should we care??

March 10, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Richard

It wouldn't hurt if he cleaned up his "THUG" look either.

March 10, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  210. RENEE

I am a fan of "Real Housewives" and when I saw the episode of Bryson coming home from college and not wanting to return to school so he could try his hand in promoting parties/events, I felt then that he was on a path to trouble. I feel that he should have concentrated on getting an education FIRST before attempting to be an entrepreneur, that way he would at least have something to fall back on and could support himself if he failed. There are a lot of men and women that make it but you must prepare yourself in case it does not work out for you.

March 10, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Patrick NYC

If she was my mother I'd do drugs too.

March 10, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  212. jacqueline

It hurts my heart to see some of the nasty and hurtful things some of you are writing. As parents we can teach our kids the difference between right & wrong, take them to church, punish them and even not "spare the rod" at times. For what ever the reason, our children sometimes decide to do the opposite of what they are taught. NO ONE should be so judgemental on how anyone bring up their children...especially if you have no idea whay you're talking about!!! What we should be doing is praying for NENE and he son...offer encouragement ...not kicking them when they are down. No doubt..this young man will have to answer for what he has done.. but his mother did not send him out there to do what he has done.

This is part of the proble in today's world, everyone is too willing to jump on the bashing band wagon. IIf you can't be part of the solution then please do not contribute to the problem!!!!

I am also a mother and if my child/children were to ever stray away for the way he was raised, I would not be the one to blame. The responsiabiltiy would be his/hers.

Nene...keep your head up and my God be with you and your family!!!

March 10, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  213. ann

Tough Love is much easier said than done.

March 10, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Yvonne

Maybe NeNe should have concentrated on being more of a mom instead of a reality televsion personality. I hope Bryson gets the help he obviously needs.

March 10, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Momof2MEN

Sorry, when they go to jail, you gotta leave them there. Bail solves no problems. Personal responsibility is a tough lesson.

March 10, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Norma

That kid should show more appreciation for the tough life's his mother's been through and get his act together. Kids are spoiled these days, and I'm hoping she really DOES show him some tough love. She should have left him in jail instead of bonding him out.

March 10, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Tracy

Since when was Jeffrey Dahmer a "perfect child?" He dissected dead animals in his own home and was an alcoholic by the time he graduated high school. Defend NeNe and her son all you want, but you might want to use a better example next time.

March 10, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  218. stu

she needs to get off the tube & back into the kitchen to raise dem boyz!

March 10, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  219. kp

This isn't about you NeNe! He needs you now ! This should be a wakeup call! Corey Haim ring a bell!

March 10, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  220. Shea

I am no fan of NeNe, but I must admit that regardless of your status or even your efforts to raise your children that sometimes they get in trouble. It is sad, but a reality for many parents.

March 10, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  221. naturelover

Get a hair cut and get a real JOB

March 10, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  222. Nikkia

He needs to be shown the door.
    If you cant abide by my rules and attend college then you need to hit the road once you turn 18..period!!..thats the tough love I was shown and guess what... it made me a better person today.

Nene cant take the wrap on her sons choices...hes a grown adult. Just give him the boot.

March 10, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  223. David

You know what I knew it was NeNe's son when I saw the headline too, but was hoping it was not him. For all of those on here judging and making comments about the show and NeNe's parenting skills I ask you if you did not do something as a young adult or child that probably embarrassed your parents. A famous man once said throw the first stone if you are without sin. The young man needs guidance to turn his life around and people on here criticizing his mother because for some reason or the other it makes us feel good to pull a celebrity down a peg or two does not help!

March 10, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  224. Robbin J. Taylor

Is it just me or did she succeed in making this about her?

March 10, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  225. Mia

I know exactly what she is going through, I myself have three sons raised in the church know right from wrong. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it. You never stop loving your kids regardless of what they do, or become. NeNe let go, and let God. He made them, he got them.

March 10, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  226. CJ

I think that leagally as an adult he should take his punishment and quit trying to blame the mother. There is a lot of people that have been raised well, but do some questionable things. He is his own person and not his mother's so I think NeNe shouldn't be accountable for his actions! Thats on him and no on else. I wish nothing but the best for him and hopes he sees the errors of his ways!

March 10, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  227. monique

Maybe if you put just in half as much time into your kids,as you do for that "fake" reality show than maybe yo child would'nt be out here acting a hot mess,but i guess tha apple don't fall to far from the tree

March 10, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  228. Str8 Outta Tx

damn straight there are no such things as perfect children. i know this because i am only 19 and i have been the polar opposite of perfect, but now i'm trying to turn it around.
    hope he can do it too.

March 10, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  229. chitownlady

TYPICAL.......Didn't we all see this one coming? Spoiled, little punk ass who never had to do anything for himself.....Seems NENE always kept a BLIND eye to the truth. and it just bite her in her FAT BEHIND....DENIAL is a RIVER with no ending.....

March 10, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  230. Brit

I am not a major fan Of NE NE's.. well maybe I am... That's neither her nor there. I am a product of mother who did the best she could, never had men in and out of the house, had house rules, showed love and support. and yet she is 1 for 2 in the child raising game, I turned out ok. Graduated from College recently about to start on my master's and i have a younger sibling who's struggling in high school in academics and obeying authority. We were taught about God, respecting adults,ect yet a choice was made to not obey and has caused that sibling and mother a lot of trouble. I said that to say this NE NE may not be a good mother or she maybe, but in the end its up to that child if they want to do what's right. People need to stop being so judgemental especially if they don't have children or better yet a clue!

March 10, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  231. U Fail

You can take the boy out of the ghetto, but can't take the ghetto out of the boy!
    Nene = weak

March 10, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  232. Scott

DMS....good point.

March 10, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  233. pete

If my mom was on that stupid show, I'd want to be on drugs too.
    Hope he turns it around.

March 10, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  234. Tyra Baldwin

i knew it was him just from the title of the story. Nene's son is spoiled and really does need tough love from his mama. plus an old-fashion a** whipping fo real.

March 10, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  235. DMS

Hey, how about if you stop tweeting and try raising your kid properly? Just a thought.

March 10, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  236. Anonymous

True that; and ANYONE that says that they have 'perfect' children, WATCH OUT. THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!! If you have a perfect child you have some stuff on your hands. Jeffrey Dahmer was a 'perfect child' when he was younger and as an adult, he was a murderous cannibal.

As parents we do the best that we can; when our children get to a certain age, its up to THEM to use what they were taught. They have the same free will that God gives us.

Hold your head up NeNe; I'm no hater!!

March 10, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  237. Alvin Snipes

She is sailing on the famous river DENIAL

March 10, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |