March 10th, 2010

Separating the men from the boys on 'Idol'

testing captions
testing captions

Like the women Tuesday night, the men tried to step it up a little bit Wednesday night

Lots of striving for big notes and more confidence among the dudes. I thought for sure I would come out of this one convinced who would go home, but at this point, I just can't call it. One thing I can safely say: If lots of ladies vote, Big Mike is all types of good.

Who do you think tore it up or just messed it up tonight?

Keep track of who's been kicked off and who's still singing on "American Idol."

1. CW

Paige should have left tonight. She is awful. Lily should have stayed.

March 11, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mike Jones from Indiana

Prfrmr, Mike is cocky and has a chip on his shoulder. His personality gets old really quickly. He is annoying. He can sing, though.

As for tonight, America got it wrong!

Those two ladies should not have been eliminated. Both are very good.
    Paige and Kati needed to go.

As for the guys, I don't get why the judges (especially Simon) love Lee. He is never on key. Pitchy is Lee's specialty. He should have been gone.
    Aaron should have been the other one eliminated.

These are my opinions.

This season of Idol feels like it is the end of the era.

March 11, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. DimplezZ

i think Todrick should win and also aroon kellyyyy!!!!

March 11, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. prfrmr

Just finished watching Mike's performance for the 4th time. Wanted to make sure I heard what I heard. I thought the judges were spot on. Some of the comments about Kara crying...sorry if you didn't get it. Mike nailed it. That really was an awesome arrangement and awesome vocal performance.
    Jan D...you're absolutely right! Cocky...that's more like confidence.
    Mike haters...get the plugs out of your ears.

March 11, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. theresa

the show is alittle less entertaining this year but it is still good. I think anyone who hates the judges and or the contestants should change the channel if it is that agonizing to watch. I see no reason to continue to watch a program if you HATE someone so much that you hit mute when they are talking. Alot of hateful comments on here.

March 11, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jan Dixon

Give me a break!!!!!!! To be an enteratainer means you have to be a little "cocky"!!! For those of you hating on Big Mike, he can sing, he has a very nice voice and range....His performance was defintely not horrible!!!!! I doubt that the majority of you can sing a note but you are entitled too your opinion and everyone has one.
    You try to get up there week after week and deliver a performance that will stand out!!! I think as Americans we are far too critical of people; we are obessed with tearing people down!!!!! I give them all a thumbs up for pursing their dreams no matter what "we" think!!!

March 11, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Brad Lane

Good bye Andrew and Todrick. Neither one really shined.

March 11, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Abbie

I think Todrick and Tim should go. Aaron and Andrew are both better. Honestly I wish that we could vote off 3 women and 1 man this time. The women pretty much all failed with the exception of Crystal. I miss Adam. Sigh...........

March 11, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. cadi

the girls are the ones with little to no talent, my favorite is Aaron and its not because he is young he can sing and could be the next rascall flats lead singer.

March 11, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. deb

When the season first started I thought Simon had already "checked out" (still do) and Kara was the only one who had good, constructive criticism. Randy has never been very good as a judge what with his "yo dawg", "dude", "pitchy" limited vocabulary. Kara acts like she's on speed and now is hanging all over Simon. What's with that? Ellen is just totally out of place. She looks like a deer caught in the headlights and has no idea what she's talking about 90% of the time! She just needs to go back to her talk show where she shines. None of the guys have wowed me at all. The only people that I like are Crystal Bowersox, Soibhan Magnus, Lilly Scott, Lacey Brown, and Katelyn Epperly. I've mostly just been bored this season. Once Simon leaves the show just won't be the same at all. I really don't miss nutcase Paula but at least she was better than Ellen.

March 11, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Donna

What drives me crazy is that the judges will say to one "Make it your own. Don't copy the original version of the song." And then to another one not to change a song so much. That the song is so well known, it should not be altered. So are they supposed to make it their own (by changing it) or not?

March 11, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Bobbie

Loosing interest this season...no one really stands out and the judges say the same old remarks each week. Kara is more confusing then ever when she flip flops each week with her comments. Is it just me getting bored? The commercials are even more entertaining the the show.

March 11, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. AMW

Shriley, I so agree with you about Kara!

March 11, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. AMW

Forget the singers, what in the world is the deal with Kara leaning into Simon the whole night, like she was glued to him. SHe is an idiot! I really liked her the first season she was on, but now, she is so fake and that fake cry at the end, what in the world! I think she needs to be voted off!

March 11, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. billybob

If it was based on last night's performance, see you later Garcia and Urban.. Big Mike was a huge surprise last night he killed his performance.. also really enjoyed alex's performance, he needs to stick to that kind of music it fits his persona and voice.. I think Aaron needs to rock something by Keith Urban, their voices are similar but I think Aaron's may be a bit stronger.. last comment, I personally hate the song Fireflies by Owl City, I cringe just hearing it, but Lee added that rock twist to it and sounded better than the original by far

March 11, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Dave in Connecticut

Todrick is fake and really doesn't do anything for me. A dancer that can sing a bit, he should stick to dancing. Big Mike wowwed the judges, not my genre but he was good. At this point, Lee, Casey, and big Mike are the stronger of the men. I think Andrew, Todrick, AAron and Tim are in trouble tonight and a big maybe for Alex (but he has a unique voice). I say Aaron because his vocals are all over the place and shakey, at least over the TV, the studio audience maybe heard differently. But we shall see.

March 11, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  17. FRAN

I just listened to Big Mike again and I still don't like it. If you know the original song he never hit one of the high notes and for me it was boring and over done....sorry not a Big Mike Fan! He is way to full of himself and Kara had to be PMS-ing to cry at that unless she was crying because it was si painful to listen too.....LOL
    Tim Urban needs to go tonight! So far last night was the only time he wasn't completely awful and still it was bad.
    Top 2 this week Crystal & Alex.

March 11, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Renee

If it wasn't for big Mike there would be no vocals for the men

March 11, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Shirley

Mike's singing was hot, Casey is just plain hot, and I liked his song too. The dude with the mullet is so not hot~ I like Ellen, but she seems out of place on this show and not terribly funny.
    Kara is so annoying and comes off weird, I can hardly stand to watch the show now with her on it. What the heck was she doing last night?? Hanging on Simon?? One week she all over Casey, then the next she was overly critical of him..was she in trouble with her husband for being such a cougar and disrespecting him? Don't really care, just wish she would go away. Pretty sure I am done with Idol when Simon goes.

March 11, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Janice

This is the WORST American Idol! Slow boring songs week after week! No one really pops out with any talent either. Very boring and disappointing. When Simon Cowel leaves it's over. Ellen is trying, they offered her a job and she took it. I would too. American Idol was fun until now. I just watch now to see who gets voted off. I use to watch the whole thing, not any more!
    America's Got Talent & Dancing With the Stars is much better.

March 11, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  21. The Best Critic

I love reading these comments. There's just so few this year.

I'm renaming my "mute" button to "Kara".

I really like Ellen actually when she allows herself to be lighthearted and funny.

Simon is off his game. Randy! Whoa dog, dog! yo yo you know what for me for you .... what??!?!?!

Oh wait, it's a singing competition not a judging one. I still love to watch the show just not as much into the judging.

March 11, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  22. moore time

What is with Kara hanging all over Simon and crying???PLEASE!!! At least Paula was genuine!! I feel American Idol is sinking and it is a shame because it has helped some young people get doors opened in the music business. The judges are confusing!!!!

March 11, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. janis

Is Simon nicer this year? Sure gonna miss him. Show will not be the same. (As my 4 year old nephew says: Samman Cow) I have my favorits already. They both have just raw talent.

Janis

March 11, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kak

Is anyone else sick of hearing everyone sing slow songs week after week?? It gets BORING after awhile! I mean, c'mon, jazz things up a bit and bring on some fast songs!

March 11, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  25. debbie

American Idol is really NOT very good this year at all. The talent last year was so good–there will never be another with the talent of Adam Lambert who made you HAVE to watch every week. He really raised the bar as far as talent goes ,and Im guessing alot of people felt there was no where to go but down this year. Ive only caught a few episodes so far, and found the show to be really boring and lack-lustre. Worst group of guys they've ever had and only one decent girl. Im waiting for Dancing With The Stars.

March 11, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. elsa

I left one early this morning. THE JUDGES ARE USELESS!

March 11, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  27. FRAN

One more add'l comment. Big Mike? he can go packing I thought it was AWFUL!

March 11, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  28. FRAN

I think the only contender last night was Alex Lambert the rest were a snooze-fest and most of them I had to mute because it was painfull to listen too. My only 2 picks so far for this season are Crystal & Alex the rest can go BYE BYE! Worst season yet so far.The Judges have absolutely no chemistry what so ever this year and Kara becomes more annoying with each week hanging all over Simon. I would like to see Ellen next to Simon for a change and see if that helps. Not too sure how much longer i will watch this year.

March 11, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Lapper

Kara gets worse each week she is so melodramatic get her off! I flip channels when she talks! Big Mike didn't like the song but he does have a good voice. Alex great smile but let's get rid of the mullet? And why tell me why Kara is so clingy to Simon this season? YUCK

March 11, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  30. I

Big Mike, Alex Lambert and Tim Urban were the standouts on this episode. Lee has a great voice, but I'm afraid he's heading for Nickelback territory, and the world doesn't need another Nickelback. Andrew has so much promise, but he's just not delivering. He might be headed for mediocrity if he can't find the right songs. Casey's not bad - could end up making a decent hit, but nothing I'd buy. Aaron can sing, but he's nothing special. Toddrick is too big for radio, and I don't need to see him flounce on stage. I predict that Alex Lambert is the guys' best chance at winning idol this year IF he can find his stage presence. Otherwise, it'll be Big Mike.

March 11, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Roxy

One word for season so far -- boring. There have been a couple of good performances but for the most part the show has sucked.

March 11, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  32. NoKaraFan

i agree kara needs to go..if AI would listen for once...and rearrange the seating then maybe their show wouldn't be failing miserably...put ellen beside Simon simple as that...you know what i notice...

Randy talks camera is on him..
    Ellen talks camera is on her
    Simon talks camera is on him and kara.....WTH??????

i can't stand the show this year with Kara..she has really brought the ratings down with her.....need to undress casey, all over Simon...always staring at the camera...
    my stomach just can't it anymore

March 11, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Coop

I think Ellen's remarks are really annoying! she says the same thing all the time "I like you your GREAT". Blah, blah blah blah

March 11, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  34. fanofcasey

Casey James is my pick out of the guys. He's my top pick out of them all actually. I listen to his music and can actually envision him on the radio. Some of the other's are talented as well...but I think out of all of them this guy has the total package!!! Kara needs to go! She is being completely unfair now in order to save face. First she falls all over him and sexually harrasses him almost making him mess up while singing Heaven. Good for Ellen for pointing out how unfair this behavior was! The next week he pulls out his electric guitar talents and rocks Gavin Degraw's song and gets raked over the coals for it by her! I think he played like a pro and he sounded awesome! So he tones it back down this week with Keith Urban's song and is told to step it up! WTF? Which way do they want him to go really! They are confusing me! I can't imagine him! I download his songs from Itunes and play them on my Ipod and I can tell you he has true talent! If you listen to him on your Ipod and don't look at him or listen to the judges comments you'll see he is truly talented. Even if he doesn't make it all the way I hope someone picks him up on their label! I'd buy his music for sure!

March 11, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Coop

I think the show sucks this year!

March 11, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jean Civ

My comment is: this is the worst idol show i have ever watced. I liked one girl on Tuesday and 1 boy on Wednesday. There is no spunk. And the judges are dull too. Disappointing.

March 11, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  37. N DICARLO

Seriously, if I hear Ellen say the word "GREAT" one more time. UGH!! Please buy a dictionary and broaden your vocabulary and quit parrotting Randys comments I like that Simon is mixing it up.. he's leaving and does not really care. As for Kara, "no comment " on last night, but her and Randy are the most honest right now. The guys... Toddrick does not have it. I was sad to see Jermaine go myself. I hope they all step it up so that the competition heats up the next few weeks. I say good luck to all.

March 11, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Michael M

They're all terrible.
    There is no hope for any girl in the bunch to win.

With lots of vocal coaching I think Casey may be mildly entertaining.
    Michael happens to be the glimmer of hope, desperately needed to hold up this falling TV show.

March 11, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  39. syrlyn

i hated the fake tears, imitation of paula. she's not a very good actress. and it was she who was leaning into simon. What's she trying to prove?

March 11, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  40. erinred24

I thought I was missing something last night when Kara started crying over Mike's song. I do love that song, but I really didn't think he had done that great of a job with it. It was just ok. I think they're just trying to add more drama to the show now because everyone knows how bad this year is turning out to be! I think they've picked Mike to be the star of the guys this year so they're doing everything they can to make him look good. Sorry, I wasn't that into it.

March 11, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  41. JC

I also thought Mike's performance was not that great. I liked the beginning and the end, but the whole middle just sounded off to me. I don't get why the judges were gushing all over him??? I probably wouldn't have put him in the 4th-6th range for last night.

March 11, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Renata

I don't know what Kara's problem is this year. Last year she struck me as seriously smart with a great eye for talent. She could point out strengths and weaknesses of the contestants really well. This year she's mean spirited, silly and awkward. Maybe she just doesn't know her role anymore since Paula left and Simon's on his way out. And Ellen – a big mistake!!

March 11, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  43. MeMe

I do agree with the sexual direction of the show, nor do I like the addition of Kara hanging all over Simon. One thing I wish would happen is get rid of Simon and Ellen and Get Barry Manalow and Gene Simmons in their places. We can keep Kara because she has very pointed and useful comments. Randy has gotten better! Keep Paula out of it. My DVR will not survive another season with her.

March 11, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Kell

I really don't know if I can take another week of Kara, seriously. I CAN'T STAND HER. If I stop watching Idol, and I have been a fan since the beginning, it will be because of her.

March 11, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  45. tommy

Mike was horrible last night in my opinion,but thought he was excellent last week. I don't get it. Dump Kara.

March 11, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jen in Dallas

First, some thoughts on the judges this season...

Randy- Has he drank some mean juice or something? He has been negative about 90% of the time. I think he's getting old...or not getting laid.

Ellen- Hugging Tim for that AWFUL butchering of a Leonard Cohen song? Really? I would have punched him in the mouth! Maybe she was hugging him goodbye.....

Kara- This woman's hubby must suck in bed...she's hornier than a two-peckered billy goat....Crying for Mikes performance? Is she serious? I wanted to cry too...but because my EARS were hurting....

Simon- The only REAL objective judge on the panel...and he seems to be softening up....

Now on to the 'talent'...

Lee- love his voice, so raw – a definite contender.

Todrick- I just don't care for his over-the-topness.

Big Mike – That is one sexy dude...with a pretty good voice, though I didn't like the performance at all – as so many others did.

Andrew- He has real talent. I also find him adorable.

Aaron- Good pipes, but not a fav of mine.

Tim- Quite obvious to me this kid has advanced solely on his looks...he can NOT sing..anyone who thinks otherwise is TONE DEAF.

Alex- Good lord he has a great voice, but please lose that MULLET!

Casey- Cut his hair? Who are you? Delilah? I love his hair! Great voice, great looks...he's the whole package...that's what an American Idol is SUPPOSED to be!

March 11, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  47. KR

Andrew and Todrick should go. Sick of hearing the whining. Sing or get off the pot.

March 11, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Mike Hawthorne

I heard that Kara was crying because she and her husband have been trying to have a baby and it hasn't been working out... the song brought up a lot of sadness... those weren't crocodile tears and Simon understood what was going on.

March 11, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Lisa

I think Kara is trying to act like Paula–acting all loopy and hanging all over simon–she is horrible this year and should be replaced.

Lee, Alex, Casey, Tim, Andrew and Big Mike should make it to the final 6. Todrick is not that good and Aaron is too dorky.

I thought Big Mike's performance was horrible-I think he is totally overrated. That song was horrible.

March 11, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Lass

There is a big gaping hole in the judging panel, it's where Paula
    should be! She is sorely missed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep Ellen, let Kara go, let her go!!!

March 11, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Richard

These guys don't even belong on the same stage as Crystal, Siobhan and Lacey.

March 11, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  52. sally

Kara's behavior is sickening. She is obviously flirting with Simon
    constantly, when last season she was at odds with him the whole
    time. The woman is recently married, and she acts as if she is, as
    another person said, in heat.

Michael, Lee, Aaron, Alex...those are my choices at the moment. This
    season there are no real standouts.

March 11, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  53. BananaBrain

Thank you Sundancer ... the person most worthy of being voted off this island is uber-undertalented Lisa France. Oh and Kara – I vote her off too. sigh.

As far as the boys – the ones that deserve to go home are rarely the ones that go home.
    Lee – should go.
    Alex – meh, undecided.
    Tim – Ellen's hug well deserved.
    Andrew – had high hopes for hime but he can go anytime now.
    Casey – hope to see him in the top 3, at least.
    Aaron – is outta his league. Although Simon calling Kara's comment utter rubbish was spot on!!!
    Todrick – pure entertainment.
    Michael – definitely good pipes but slightly overrated.

March 11, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  54. Omaha Reader

For me, I still think Lee DeWyze is the best for the boys. Michael Lynche is next to Lee - and the rest... Lee DeWyze reminds me of David Cook. His voice is soooo sexy and he is yummy too! Michael Lynche is a good/clean R&B singer who reminds me of Ruben Studdard. I hope the final two this year will be Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze. That would be awesome... and I have to agree with some, AI this year is just so so, not great...

March 11, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  55. Nick Marino

Todrick was fun. Otherwise, a pretty boring night. I used to like Big Mike but he just gets on my nerves now. Garcia is totally treading water. I dunno what happened there. He should hang on for as long as he can, and then work on putting out a killer cover album of re-imagined pop songs = instant $$$. But beyond those three, not much to say about what was good. I guess Casey is okay, I just don't care for his music.

OH MAN when it comes to the bad, they need to send Aaron home now! Alex is just creepy, and Tim Urban is... I can't put my finger on it, hmmm, maybe he's just too undefined. I know there's someone I'm forgetting but for the life of me I can't remember. I guess that's not good!

March 11, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  56. SwamiTommy

I'll admit that Big Mike was best last night, but crying over it – c'mon Kara – it wasn't that good, really. Also, for Simon to come out and say he thought it was the best of the season so far? Maybe he'll reconsider later once he sees a replay – definitely not the 'best of the season'.

Toddrick's 'performing' may have been Ok – but not his 'singing' – he has to go.

Aaron will probably go with him.

Alex is the sleeper and may go further than people thinlk.

Lew is over-rated, he sounds good but does have a lot of pitch probelms if you really listen – he needs more experience.

Andrew is being unfairly judged – he is actually very good.

Tim saved himself for at least nother week. It was embarassing for Ellen to hug him though.

Casey played it safe – but have already forgotten his song. As long as he plays it safe with slow semi-country/rockabilly stuff he shoul make it to maybe the top 6 or 7.

March 11, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  57. Shawn Thorns

American Idol has mess up this year, this has to be the worst season ever, American Idol has sent all the real singers home doing the audition period. I love Ellen I just adore her but she need to stick to her Talk Show she does not represent all of America. Her opinion is not my or some of the other American on how one would perform on Idol. This season the judges are sending mix signals to those kids. American Idol is trying to hard to fine the next Kelly Clarkson, Carri Underwood, and Jennifer Hudson, in order to fine the next big stars like that American Idol you will have to go on Talent not soley on looks!!!!!

March 11, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  58. kay

Three words for Kara – I Hate You.

March 11, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  59. Chris

I seriously don't know what you guys are talking about! They guys blew the ladies out of the water last night! Were they perfect performances? Not hardly, but for the first time they really seemed to demonstrate what right they had to be on that stage...this is going to be a difficult decision as to who is going home for the men. My top for last night without a doubt would be Lee and Mike. While not perfect they seemed the most natural and confident of the bunch. Alex and Casey were solid. My bottom is a tie between Andrew, Todric, and Aaron. Despite his potentail, Kara was right...he peaked too early. He picks odd songs and then his vocals sound thin and nasal. I had such hopes for Todric but I don't know who he is as a musician. I usually stare at the TV going, what was that? Aaron is a kid. A boy. A boy with a great set of pipes but he just needs some maturity and he'll be great. He started off weak at the start though the was belting it out by the end.

I have to say, though I'd hate for them to return to the era in which no one was allowed to play an instrument, it seemed as though last night almost every guy pulled out the guitar. Gotta say, that starts to get old, especially if they are sitting on a stool.

March 11, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  60. Jean

Get Ellen off and put Paula back.PLeassssssse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 11, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  61. Charisse

Erika, the sound on your television must have been jacked up because I do not know what the heck you were listening to. BIG MIKE WAS GREAT!!!!!! The best performance of the night.
    Kara was crying because his performance was very emotional that I feel (if you have a heart) you can connect with.
    So, give me a break already and you all don't act like you haven't cried and some movie or a song that made you feel all mushy.

March 11, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  62. Anna

I don't think Big Mike is as good as the judges claim him to be. I'm hoping there's not going to be another "Rueben Studdard". I know he's one of the better ones but he's not the best. Is Kara taking Paula's place in the crying department? How staged is that?! i ALSO do not like Kara.

March 11, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  63. Jake

I think that Aaron is actually very, very talented. I think that onceh e finds his song...he's going to connect and it's going to be spectacular.

I think that Andrew is trying a little too hard. Yes, he is being compared to his earlier amazing performance during Hollywood week but I don't see any talent in him now that makes him anything more than just an OK cover artist.

PS Kara is SO fake I cannot stand to look at her anymore.

March 11, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  64. Mal

also what in the HELL is up with kara and simon? i've liked kara up until this point, but now she seems to have taken on some of paulas traits. hanging all over simon, playing footsy and smacking each other around, interupting and making the show go over its time cause of their dumb foolishness.

those two need seperated like 3rd graders.

March 11, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  65. Mick

Lots of milquetoast judging went on last night. A disappointing season for all involved. Especially the viewer. No pizzazz in sight. I am voting myself off.

March 11, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  66. Kelly

I HATED Big Mike's performance of This Woman's Work. Granted, the only version of this song that I've ever heard was by Kate Bush, so I've never heard Maxwell, or any other man, sing it until Mike did last night. I just didn't like it. And Kara is a ridiculous MESS!

March 11, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  67. Alex

Andrew and Toddrick will be cut tonight. Mark my words.

March 11, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  68. jamillah

I thought that Big Mike did OK, but after I played it back, he still did OK. The thing is that the performances have been extremely lackluster and a slight improvement is a big deal! I liked Andy Garcia's Gene in a Bottle. I'm not sure why folks hated it so much. The young guy was awful at first, but then he brought it home. I finally saw a glimmer of good vocals from him last night.

March 11, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  69. Mal

i STRONGLY believe lee and kaitlynn will be the top 2 by the end of this thing. lee has an amazing voice, which i think will only improve as the weeks go on. kaitlynn is very talented, a little pitchy sometimes, but has proved that she is versitile and a great performer. i could imagine both of them doing well in the business.

i think ANDREW and TODRICK will be going home for the guys and for the girls i think it will be PAIGE and LILLY. all decent singers but there are others that are better in the competition.

March 11, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  70. Flyin11

Big Mike was the best one of the night...I missed a lot of the others as I stopped playing Final Fantasy 13 at around 9:30. The rest I saw weren't that good at all. Todrick Hall was ok but Big Mike beat him by a mile and I'm not a fan of Todrick anyways. We'll see what happens...

March 11, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  71. Marlene Osborn

I think this is absolutely the WORST group of contestants EVER on Idol. There isn't one that stands out–as the best, anyway. It amazes me that the judges find good things to say about them. Last night I closed my eyes and just listened as the young man sang Hallelujah. How pitiful. And the judges thought it was good? It will be interesting to see who the final 12 are–if I continue to watch.

March 11, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  72. DLR

Not the best contestants this season. The girls have a better group, but I find the show rather unintersting this year.

March 11, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  73. Kellie

I'm with Karl here.... 2 A-names will be going home. My thoughts are Aaron and Andrew. I think Alex showed himself enough, though, so he'll stay. His shyness/awkwardness is probably what saves him. Like how Kris was this cute, down-to-earth thing last year. Aaron and Andrew just had the worst preformances.

And what is up with Kara?? Maybe her and the husband are having problems... She's crying at one song; hanging all over Simon; drooling over Casey alllll season, then the husband is AT the show, and she starts overly-critizing Casey.

March 11, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  74. Jan

I thought Ellen hugging and Kara crying was...a waste of time, stupid...unnecessary. And this "thing" they are trying to create with Kara and Simon. Give it up. As for the guys...I thought Big Mike did a great job and I liked Lee. Andrew let me down last night...I didn't really want to like Todrick-he's been too goofy for me up to now but he listened up last week and did a good job this time out. Alex needs to go home, Tim and the kid are hanging in there but I think I have to say....Simon has it right when he says there's been a lot of forgettable stuff done this year. And I also agree with him about all the conflicting advice...

March 11, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  75. steeve-o

Yeah, Idol separates the men from the boys all right... the boys watch it, the men don't.

March 11, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  76. Erika

I thought Mike's peformance was horrible, and Kara was crying becasue it was so amazing? Girl please. She seems to be in "heat" every damn week.

March 11, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  77. Scottie

Horrible. That's the only word to describe the men last night. I'll grant that the only saving grace was Big Mike's performance and even it wasn't the greatest. But there wasn't a single guy that I thought did well enough to even be on the show in the first place. Lee sounds like every other band out there who whines. Tim, Aaron, Alex – they stink to high heaven.

I was a huge fan of Andrew and a fan of Casey. Andrew sold himself short and Casey forgot who he was. What a shame.

March 11, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  78. bsmith

IDOL sucks this time

March 11, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  79. Karl

I we are talking strickly vocals its time for Aaron and Alex to go home. Tim finally showed up this week. Unfortunately, Andrew isnt very marketable and may go.

March 11, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  80. Carol

I think Michael was amazing, closely followed by Toddrick. Aaron comes third in my book. The judges seem to like people I think are terrible–Alex particularly, Lee, and Andrew. It's like they can't carry a tune! They were good in Hollywood Week, but. . .

March 11, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  81. Fran

I think Big Mike did the best. Some others were good, but I think the girls did sooo much better.

March 11, 2010 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  82. Sundancer

First, the talentless Lisa France goes and then we can chat about Idol. Please find someone who can actually write and with an opinion we might actually respect. Having grown up reading critiques by educated and critical thinkers, it's appalling to have to read such poorly written rubbish. As for the show, "Big Mike" delivered more cringe moments than good. To me, the night went to the twinks. I liked glassy-eyed, pull-up-your-pants-while-singing Lee, Mullet-boy Alex, K.D. Lang-looking Aaron, and eye-candy Casey. Lee is my personal fav. Alex's voice is extraordinary but he needs to work on the awkwardness on stage. While admittedly it wasn't Aaron's best night, I believe in the long run, besides Lee, it's Aaron's career I'd actually care about. Casey is a looker with a good voice, but he'll have to be more than "object" to be the American Idol this year. BTW, I don't think it's the worst year for Idol as I don't believe the real competition has begun just yet. Give it time and this is going to get real good real soon. I'm personally watching Siobhan to break out–her one note last week showed that she has what it takes to blow the other contestants away Clarkson-style!

March 11, 2010 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
  83. GoofyOne

I thought Tim's performance was so-so, but Randy and the other judges gave him praise. Am I crazy? I really think Andrew Garcia is the best the guys have. And the judges cut him down every week. Aaron Kelly needs to go. I just dont like his goat sound. His vibrato is not up to par yet. Maybe because he's too young?? And Lee Dewyse was really pitchy tonight. Seriously, could he not hear himself or something? He seems to go flat on his long notes.
    I am just not impressed with this year's contestants. I think Crystal is the best they've got this year and she really sounds like any other folk-type singer (Jewel and the likes). When is someone going to really WOW us?
    Get with it guys...you really need to step it up!

March 11, 2010 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  84. Randy

I am sorry, but I totally disagree on Todrick Hall. That was the worst rendition of a Queen song that I have ever heard. I believe when they go back and review the tape the judges will agree. Worst performance of the night, by far.

March 11, 2010 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  85. -evan-

A nearly completely uninteresting episode. Aside from the guy who did the country artist cover (blonde hair, guitar) I didn't hear a truly good song from this group. This year's Idol will be a woman.

March 10, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  86. bobbyg

The guys are in trouble, this group just can't get it done. I must pick the top 5 for a pool and after tonight I might pick all girls.

March 10, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  87. BeeGee

Tough call. Nobody "sucked" tonight. I think Aaron may be in trouble. Mike stole the show. Alex and Tim made nice comebacks. Who goes home is anybody's guess After ladies night, I think Katelyn and Paige are going home. I'll be watching Thursday.

March 10, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Just A Thought

I think it will be a bit of a shocker too! Tim was great tonight though! Really did a good performance! Based off of tonights peformances alone Alex and Andrew were the worst, followed closely by Aaron. Toderick was good but not so sure he did enough to stay in it!

Will be a tough call to see who goes thru, but should be easier to guess once Ryan splits them up!

March 10, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  89. mister z

worst year ever..no one has any talent at all.
    very average,,Ellen sucks,,she thinks they are all great.
    why is she even there??? She knows nothing.

March 10, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  90. michele

who's need tv when i got you to update me pro....lol

March 10, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  91. protogere

I think Aaron and Tim were definitely the bottom two performers, hands down. But I doubt either will go just because they are young and cute and girls will call in for them – I mean look at Tim, he's been dreadful every week and somehow got invited back and has stayed thus far!
    I bet it will be a shocker.

March 10, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |