March 10th, 2010

Jen Aniston and Gerard Butler get a little dirty in W magazine

In a photo essay for the April issue of W, “The Bounty Hunter” co-stars Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston play a little game of cops and robbers, with Butler dressed up in uniform and Aniston playing the part of the suspect, clad in on-trend, lingerie-inspired outfits.

The inspiration for the shoot was a bit “9 ½ Weeks,” said Aniston’s hair stylist - and creator of the “Rachel” cut - Chris McMillan, with Aniston's look being reminiscent of Kim Basinger. “Which is even better, because then it started getting good,” McMillan said.

The seven-photograph spread was shot over two days in mid-January on a ranch 45 minutes outside of Los Angeles. On the first day, Aniston’s iconic hair was roughed up a bit, and by the beginning of day two, she got even dirtier.

Photographer Steven Klein asked McMillan to see if Aniston could show up without washing her hair first, McMillan said. “I mean, she was rolling in the dirt, it was windy and she had hairspray in her hair.”

But, McMillan added, “Jen's always really super game.”

The photos may be a little risqué for some, and have the potential to get a few tongues wagging like Aniston did when she posed on the January, 2009 issue of GQ in nothing but a tie.

McMillan, who’s worked with Aniston for about 15 years, agreed that people may be shocked to see her let loose in the W spread. “They're going to be talking [expletive] as usual, but who cares,” he said. “We don't care about that.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Jennifer Aniston • movies

1. Patrick

Its becoming more evident everyday that Jens movie career is just comedy froth and the next thing after a couple or more flops will be a friends remake. Hollywood really is kind to its cancelled tv stars.

July 2, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. Str8 outta TX

sorry ladies and gentlemen. it seems like one of my younger associates decided to get on here the past couple of days without changing the name or at least adding a jr or something.
    yeah... i've seen the repetitive blogs too.
    i wrote one of them, though i dont quite remember which as i've been incapacitated the past couple days. but anyway, well apoken by my little partna... even if he did take my same words.
    question. anyone ever read "the art of seduction" by robert greene?
    trying to get it right now. as much as i'd like to think i am invincible with the verbal eloquence, i can admit i may need to take other p.o.v.'s into consideration.
    out

March 11, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Kittyfoofoo

Jennifer Aniston looks the way she does because she takes GOOD CARE OF HERSELF.

She's a great actress and one of America's Sweethearts.
    She didn't NEED Brad to be famous, she's done that ALL ON HER OWN.

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOOOOVE her and Gerard to become a serious couple. They are GORGEOUS together!!!!
    The hottest couple around! (except me and my husband that is! :P )

STOP BEING HATERS!!!!

March 11, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  4. Skye

Hey Shauna...how can you say JA was a nobody before she met Brad Pitt? Ever hear of Friends?????????????????? I can't believe the rampant jealousy on here. Like someone else said, what are you all, 12? And not for nothing, I'm 46 and no one ever guesses my age...not that plastic surgery isn't big in Hollywood, but a healthy lifestyle and good genes don't hurt either...

March 11, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  5. Get serious

Their job as actors is to look good. If Jen was working retail and gerard were working in a factory the story might be different....

March 11, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. jonas

jennifer is not that great of an actress. she plays the same character in every movie/tv show she makes....she is a cutesy wootsy who used nepotism to get her foot in the door and then used her personal life to get in the tabloids. kinda reminds me of renee zellweger (without the career) always looking for someone better. almost like she is trying to emulate betty davis or katherine hepburn, but again without the career.

March 11, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. Anastasia

Mary – if you can't post comments using complete, coherent sentences w/anything near correct spelling, then don't post at all. Trying to decipher what you attempted to say is exhausting – now I need a nap.

With that said, I neither like nor dislike JA. I liked her in "Friends" in the early years, but really haven't seen much of anything else she's been in. I think she's pretty & she probably does need to work at it to a point.

March 11, 2010 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  8. manana

you are great a girl Jenifer, don't listen enybody. Why is Brad Pitt?

March 11, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mary Ann Hoogeveen

Jen Aniston looks more beautiful each year. She lives a healthy life style,she is thin, but doesn't look like a rack of bones,she has wonderful,long time friends.Jen is a good person who lives well and takes care of herself and it shows in the healthy look that she has.It sure doesn't hurt to have a hottie like Gerald in your life.

March 10, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Craig

In regards to Aniston being in very good shape...well she isn't behind a desk 8 hours a day. she has a trainer, has lots and lots of time off, lots of $$$ to pay people to make her look that way.

Us grunts sitting behind a desk put on the usual middle age spread. that's the way its gonna be.

March 10, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Gal

Wow what is with all the Brad Pitt / AJ references? I dont remember reading anything about them in that article and I don't see her out there talking about them...so why the comments?

She is an actress and this is part of publicity for your movie..that is her job. I think she looks great.

March 10, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mushymushroom

not a big fan of jen aniston, but everytime i see her, i dunno but, i feel like she's so lonely and sad...or that's just me but i want to see her happy with her own family especially at her age coz she's not getting any younger...

and about her looking good, of course she has to, you know people in hollywood would die to look perfect (some even have to have 10 plastic surgeries in one day!lol) just to keep their jobs, part of being an actor is to please everyone in all aspects, social, physical etc. But what do they get out of it, endless bashing and criticisms, no privacy at all...but they get paid well so...

March 10, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mo

Sounds like there are alot of hater's out there. She is a beautiful women and yes she does have access to the best of everything, but I can tell she works out and eats healthy. Kirstie Alley has money, but she does not take care of her self and her new liquid diet is not going to work, that is a temporary fix. I think Jen sets a great example for women in their 40's.

March 10, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Maddie

With much respect – i am 50 years old, no surgery or money to buy any doctors, and I look like in m in my early 30's. It's called good ge-–

March 10, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Barbara Pittman

You go Jennifer!!! After all the you went through the years with Brad and Ang. Jolie. You deserve a sexy man and sexy pictures and whatever you feel like doing in entertainment world. I think you express the inner woman qualities to survive and I applaud you in the way you have handle yourself the last couple of years.

March 10, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. allioop

They need all the promotion they can get. This looks like a really stupid movie. I agree with Megan – straight to DVD!

March 10, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Gingertee

Jennifer is pretty but she tries too hard. She tries to hard to convince the world that she is still lovable and she owes us no explanation. She would sign up and show up for the opening of an envelope and that is sad because she should have more to do. The men in her life have referred to her as clingy and demanding. I don'y know if that is true but maybe if she stopped trying so heard to prove herself, love would come again. The W shoot seems lame considering B and AJ did it years ago, It is actually insulting to her, but she allowed it so best wishes.

March 10, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mary

Jennifer Aniston looks alike whore. She should stop talks about ex Brad Pitt. He is very happy to be Father of his Children with his Beautiful Angelina Jolie. Do not blame them... She was married him for five years and should think twice.. She knew Britt wants to be Father... She wants to be actress...
    Jennifer is FAULT...She should leave them alone and does not call him...

March 10, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Lynne Le

Good for Jen, most of women love her.

March 10, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  20. doversoul

Why do they look so good at their age? They take care of themselves (and they can afford to), they have the best photographers in the world, they have the best make-up and hair stylists, and they have a little thing called air-brush. Oh, and don't forget photo-shop! But don't forget either that Jen is stunning!

March 10, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Megan

Str8 – it's called airbrushing. It helps to sell more magazines and at the same time make their client (Aniston/Butler Acting agency) happy for future periodical photo shoots. Plus, Aniston and Butler aren't especially blockbuster money making talent; expect the movie to go direct to DVD within the few weeks after release. It helps that Aniston/Butler are making the press now – but $$$ speaks in L.A. And if you don't bring in the $$$ your basically considered toxic. Aniston will always be known as the ex-wife of Brad Pitt, Rachel hair, and stereotypical character actress – gal meets guy kinda performer.

March 10, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Val

Rachel,

it was nice to read your post. Not only because I agree with most of what you had to say, but because its logical and mature, for a change. Taking care of oneself is the best thing one can do tor remian looking and feeling young. simple as that....

March 10, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Tiffany Hines

Its not necessarily plastic surgery. Any woman who's attractive to begin with can look that way when they are forty. You just have to want it bad enough and have discipline. I'm not quite 30 and I'm kinda chubby I don't want it bad enough. My goals isn't to be slim and gorgeous. I just want to be cute and stay in single digit dress sizes...all depends on your goals.

March 10, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  24. memyselfandi

They are both hot so this should sell well to those who buy the rag

i love his voice – i am wild for that accent and hot for his bod !

Str8 Outta Tx – you are a broken record – ive seen your same old comment all over the place on these blogs – cant you come up with something new ?!

March 10, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Ashley

I agree with those who think Jen Aniston is pretty... but it's no surprise. After all, she's a celebrity. If not for her Hollywood status and wealth, she'd continue to age visibly just like anyone else. Why do people make such a big deal – "Omg, she's 41, yet she still manages to look like she's 30?" – here's the answer, people, just choose one (or all): 1 – plastic surgery, 2 – photoshop, 3 – loads of makeup. And, finally, to those who commented earlier about people being "jealous" of her; this is my opinion of most celebrities. I'm an 18-year-old girl who has absolutely nothing to be jealous for, from anyone. Let alone a middle aged woman.

March 10, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Shauna

The only reason Jen Aniston is as famous as she is, is because she married Brad Pitt. She was a nobody before him.

March 10, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Nate

Anniston is the hottest actress in Hollywood.

March 10, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Annette

Jennifer Aniston is gorgeous and gutsy. I love her and I'm 45. She works out extremely hard to stay looking young! She watches every bite she takes. I have seen her ordering food in a veggie restaurant in L.A.!
    When you work out like a maniac, have good genes and most of the money you make is based on looks, it is WORK.
    Kudos to Jen!! I will be 46 and people think I am 30- so what!!
    Healthy lifestyles keep people young.

March 10, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Deedee

Patty, you just described 90%of Hollywood, do you want all of them to go away too? Jealous much?

March 10, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Str8 Outta Tx

ah... i figured it had something to do with artificial help.
    however, i know some average everyday women who are much older than i and they also still look good.
    not only that, but older women are better in many ways including, but not limited to the fact that they can better handle attention.

March 10, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rachel

Some women also have good genes. I'm 38 and am told all the time I look like I'm in my mid-20s. All the women in my family have looked years younger than they are. Also, remember that these celebs have access to the highest quality hair and skin care products, massages, facials, etc, and personal trainers all on a regular basis. Yes, some use plastic surgery, but not all. It's practically part of their job description to look physically attractive, and they work hard at it.

Patty, we disagree here. I think Jen Aniston is still relevant, but she does have to work at staying that way. Just as any actress in her 30s and 40s has to, until they get old enough to start playing the parts of the mother, grandmother, etc. Every year brings a new crop of starlets to Hollywood, so every actor and actress must feel pressure to find ways to stay relevant to the public. Just because you personally don't like a particular actress or are tired of hearing about her doesn't make her irrelevant to everyone else, just to you specifically. As far as I'm concerned, actresses like Blake Lively and Heidi Montag are irrelevant, but that's because I grew up watching the actresses that are now in their 30s and 40s, so they are who are relevant to my life.

March 10, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Tiffany Hines

Patty you sound a little jealous. Why should she go away? She is a actress. She's promoting a film. This is what she does. Maybe its because she's single, forty and gorgeous that you're jealous? I don't know why but there is nothing wrong with pushin g the boundaries. I'm 27 and I don't consider 40 old at all. But may're you're 14....that would explain it all.

March 10, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  33. devon--oklahoma

LOVE JA..she has 1000x more class than stupid horseface AJ.

Way to go Jen....hope you got some from Gerard!

March 10, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Head Diva In Charge

Plastic surgery and air brushing can keep ANYONE young.
    However, Jen Aniston looks awesome – and Gerard doesn't look bad himself.

March 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Dina

Anyone can look that good at any age in the right light with the right make-up/hair and the right air-brushing. The stars themselves admit to that!

March 10, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Johanna

i want them to get married...

March 10, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. patty

Can Jennifer Aniston pleeeasse just go away already? It appears to me that she will continue to try to push boundaries or act younger than her age in a sad attempt to remain relevant. She's not.

March 10, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. wendy rolon

Did ya ever hear of plastic surgery?

March 10, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  39. Str8 Outta Tx

how the hell do these actresses continue to defy age? i am 19/m/tx, and many of these women are older than my mother (who is 38). however, they look as if they could still be in their late 20's. it's just weird to me that they are so attractive still, yet they are older than my mother!
    jlo is like 40 something.halle berry is like 40 something.ETC.
    stop the madness!!!lol