March 10th, 2010

Boys' club has its turn at 'Idol'

testing captions
testing captions

It's these people you see right here who I blame for this season's mediocrity.

What a weird opening to the show with Seacrest all up in the guys' faces introducing each one like he was some type of drill sergeant.

A few of them looked like they were about to be ill.

Kara is Simon's "binky?" I think not.

Here we go with men's night.

1. Christine

This show is a disease that corrupts the concepts of proper and healthy vocal production and an embarrassment to the music profession. I am a vocal music instructor and have chosen for many seasons to check in on the "talent" presented as amazing, gifted, and star worthy. I'm sorry, but very few of these kids are being told the truth. These so called adjudicators have obviously never had a day of vocal training in their lives or they would not be giving such horrendous..."advice." Allowing people who can not match pitch continue is a huge red flag to the commercial importance of this show. Finding truly gifted VOCAL MUSICIANS is on the bottom of Idol's list.

March 11, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Patsy

I was so looking forward to this season, I love Ellen,but frankly she and the entire show has been a huge yawnfest. So far, nobody engages me. There is no one in particular that makes me want to root for them. Simon continues to be the bright spot on the show. People may not like his bluntness, but he knows what he's talking about. Kara has taken a definite diva turn, and seems to really amuse herself, but unfortunately, her credibility has been lost with her new self love antics. Randy seems to be going through the motions, and Ellen is too nice and not constructive enough. Please step it up, or you've lost me asa viewer.

March 11, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. iamcanadian!

Kara act like a classy lady please, and stop this silliness with Simon, it's really getting ridiculous. It seems like she ready to get under the table and play with his microphone. Awful! I actually agree with some of her comments, but the adoring looks into Simon's eyes and the arm rubbing turn me off. The first show it was ok, but continuing with it is stupid.

March 11, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sammy

It's getting harder and harder to watch kara. And is it me or was she especially creepy the way she kept hanging on Simon and blatantly snubbing Ellen last night? It might be somewhat tolerable if she could give a decent critique to any of the singers. Very odd.

March 11, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. Dean

I think that Ellen is doing a good job. I did not expect to like her in this critique position but I do. The talent is really lacking in both the gals and guys. If they could sing as well as they look maybe we would have a wining season. However, few have real talent. If there is a next season – I would like to see a few contestants who are over weight and not so Ken and Barbie chosen to entertain us.

March 11, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. Julie

I love all aspect's of music and that is why I watch the show. This year I cannot stand Kara's behavior. I liked her ok last year but she has now started the flirting and crying that is as phony as her eyelashes! I like Randy, he comes across sincere in his comments. Ellen's humor keeps it light and she definitely is more comfortable now being the "newbie" on the panel. Hope this year is the last for the show! At least it will be for me!

March 11, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. Skip1955

Between Kara trying to be Paula with a twist, Randy calling young Women Dude, and Ellen's obvious lack of talent except one line comedy attempts, the only bright spot is Simon who when he leaves the show will finally die.

March 11, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  8. Cathy

I have to say I haven't watched this year like the past, I decided to watch tonight and like I implied before Tim's been the best for me tonight, he really felt the song.

March 10, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Brownivygal

tim urban ACTUALLY sounded good today.

March 10, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. E from Houston

I am still a loyal fan but it is getting harder to stay loyal. This is the most boring group I have ever seen on this show! I love Ellen but she needs to learn how to critique better. I think Simon leaving will destroy this show. It's a shame!

March 10, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. michele

i watched the first 3 minutes then turned the station...........nuff said...stupid kara looking for attention again...

March 10, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. protogere

Is it just me or is there just a lot of tension between the judges? None of them interact, they are just so independent up there.

March 10, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |