March 9th, 2010

Singer D'Angelo releases statement on arrest

testing captions
testing captions

Fans of R & B singer D’Angelo hadn’t heard much from him until this past weekend when he was arrested for allegedly attempting to solicit an undercover police officer posing as a prostitute.

According to reports, the “Brown Sugar” singer allegedly offered $40 for a sex act. In the wake of the arrest, his management released the following statement:

“We know there is a lot of speculation in regard to the arrest of D’Angelo in New York City this past weekend. We would like his fans and the public at large to know that D’Angelo has pled not guilty — and is contesting the allegations made against him. Also know that, he is in good health and extremely excited about his forthcoming new album.

D’Angelo would like to personally thank all of his fans for the outpouring of concern, and appreciates if all would allow the American justice system to resolve the matter before jumping to any conclusions.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. 女性媚薬

I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the structure on your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it your self? Anyway keep up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great weblog like this one today..

June 13, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. property forum

Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful info particularly the last section :) I take care of such information a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thanks and good luck.

June 12, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. kurer transport,courier services,courier transport

I have read a few good stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you place to make this kind of excellent informative web site.

June 11, 2012 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  4. DCSista

As a person who comes from a family of law enforcement, please people, stop slandering this man on the basis of a "charge". Nothing has been proven yet. Allow this man a fair trial before jumping the gun. It is not foreign for police officers to abuse their authority and use entrapment on innocent people during a sting operation because with every arrest, ticket given etc., officers receive merit. I swear, I wish they would pass a law against online defamation of character because this is ridiculous.

November 13, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. God

Sounds like this discussion needs a little divine intervention.
    You will pay for this D'angelo.. even I would spend a bit more than $40.. there's diseases out there for 'my' sake! You don't want to cross paths with me anytime soon..

March 10, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. Patricia

D'Angelo should have stayed with Angie Stone. He would be on the road to riches, instead of getting arrested trying to pay for some nonsense.
    So sad!

March 9, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JHL

At least he wasn't trying to get it on with a guy.

Stay strong D'Angelo: sounds like a plot to jump start a floundering career. Bad vibe that you're having to pay for it. What's $40 going to buy? Don't tell me.

March 9, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Liberal Idaho

Why can't he just be honest and make fun of himself, as Hugh Grant did? Some people just have ZERO class, no matter how much money and effort is spent on 'em.

March 9, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Water

Mike,

The person you are referring to is Angie Stone not Jill Scott

March 9, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sexy lady 05

Well to be honest he was never with Jill Scott it was Angie Stone. So before you make a comment check your facts,sorry in your case it would be an opion. D' Angelo fan to the heart.

March 9, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Andrew

"Voodoo" is one of the greatest albums of the last 20 years. You can take that to the bank. We are so quick to dismiss artists' contributions simply because of a stupid decision in their personal lives. Schadenfreude at it's best. I bet MOST of your favorite artists have some dirt they'd rather not discuss, as do most people.

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses, right?

D'Angelo's new album will be simply amazing. Bet on it.

March 9, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lwise

Uhhhh, Mike- that was Angie Stone, not Jill Scott.

March 9, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. TawnyDiva

D'Angelo kicked "Angie Stone" to the curb, not "Jill Scott"," which was previously reported in another post...

Remember the old adage, "any publicity is good publicity." The fact that we're posting about this incident says enough...

March 9, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. RJ

@Mike...If I recall correctly, D'Angelo was with Angie Stone back in the day.

March 9, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jack

What is the point of being undercover as a prostitute? It is entrapment no matter what the justice system says. Prostitution is a profession. It is an honest profession. Men go to prostitutes (aka mistresses, streetwalkers, Tiger's girls, Clinton's girls, Letterman's girls) when they can't get what they want at home. Of course some men cheat to cheat but usually, that is what a prostitute's job should be – go between. So, why are you arresting the johns? I know the profession is illegal because the government cannot get its cut but goodness, he solicited a prostitute, not a cop. Reveal yourself and see if you get solicited. I think not.

March 9, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. mike

Who cares about this punk? Horrible songs, horrible person. This is the same guy who kicked Jill Scott to the curb as soon as he got a little fame, right? Screw him. Oh wait, I guess I'd have to be a street walker for that to happen.
    Which would have been more hilarious- a tranny or a cop? I know, it's a riot either way.
    And right now, Jill is probably hard at work on another Grammy-worthy record or Emmy-worthy role.
    The classy stay classy; the trashy, well...

March 9, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Head Diva In Charge

Remember when D'Angelo was hot...I do. Guess that means I am old.

March 9, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Str8 Outta Tx

extremely excited about his forthcoming new album?

when was the last time anyone else heard of him?
    honestly, he is now but an additional word or two in some of my favorite urban books. he was good, dont get me wrong. simply stating that he is a ghost now. as you can see, we have not heard from him until he alledgedly propositioned sex on an undercover officer.
    hmmmm...

March 9, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  19. Ladynblue

Album? when? is there even a single out yet? I have missed him. Sucks that that this is his way of getting back into the music scene..

March 9, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |