March 7th, 2010

'Hurt Locker' director Kathryn Bigelow: I'm honored

"Hurt Locker" director Kathryn Bigelow said she is "honored to be in the same conversation as [James Cameron]."

"It's humbling," she added.

She said, "The film seems to be touching a nerve. That's what moves me."

Filed under: movies • Oscars 2010 • The Hurt Locker

1. Gary

Definitely deserved. THL is a much better film that Avatrash. Way more intense, way more engaging and didn't have to heavily rely on CGI to get its point across.

March 8, 2010 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jan

Avatar was good but it was a melting pot of about 6 other movies stirred with blue food coloring. Hurt Locker was one of the REAL movies that was nominated. I'm all about real life movies not make believe so I was glad to see Hurt Locker take several awards.

March 8, 2010 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. Another Geek :P

Well, I saw Avatar 3 times in the movies, I'll buy the DVD when it comes out and will continue enjoying it. And NO, I haven't seen and will NOT see The Hurt Locker even when/if it starts rolling on TV, I'd rather watch the commercials. Why? – Because I'm PRO beauty, PRO peace, PRO nature and PRO love. And yes, I am a woman – sorry Kathryn.

March 8, 2010 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
  4. John

Well-deserved movie. I see the James Cameron fan-boys are having a field day with this. I like Avatar, but it borrowed its plot from "Men at War," "Pocahontas," "Dances With Wolves," "The New World" and "Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest," among others.

Hurt Locker had me clenching my teeth with anticipation throughout.

March 8, 2010 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. christine

if avatar would have won, so should've pocahontas, ferngully, and dances with wolves.

Congrats, Kathryn Bigelow and everyone else from Hurt Locker.

March 8, 2010 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. martywalpole

I haven't seen the Hurt Locker, so I can't really comment on whether is was well directed or not. I'll say this though, it is about time a female director received one of those gold plated nude men holding a sword in front of his privates. Bigelow said she felt humbled, that's just PC, what she really wanted to say was, "Hey Jim! Just like our divorce settlement, I whipped your ass!"

March 8, 2010 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. duhSteve

Hey, Steve, AVATAR made u sad that you're human and the Hurt Locker didn't? AVATAR is all bells and whistles and make believe. The Hurt Locker is REAL life with REAL humans killing each other. Wake up and put down the 3D glasses, geek!

March 8, 2010 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dwight

Politics and PC wins the day once again. Avatar is far more imaginative, creative and artistic than any of the others, especially Hurt Locker!

March 8, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. Film Critic

Doesnt deserve it.

March 8, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. Steve

Hurt Locker is very good but not best directed (a moment given to women by Oscar) Best picture, Hello!?!

I saw it on DVD by just a rental pick. AVATAR blew my mind, entertained me the most and made me sad that I'm Human!

March 8, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |