March 4th, 2010

'Idol' starts the second week's elimination night

testing captions
testing captions

Soon there will be 16.

I don't know about you, but it feels like we are more than two weeks in to this show.

The results are in and I'm anxious to see who is going home.

Whoever designed that intro gets kudos. I felt like we were about to enter Gladiator stadium. Intense and zany at the same time.

And everyone was so sparkly. Love it!

Next entry »
  1. Sharon

Is it me, or are they starting to eliminate the latino's. So far the ones that have been eliminated were really good singers.

People face it. We are here to stay and you can not get rid of us.

March 5, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. nick

Why doesn't anyone bring up the obvious. This is the last year of Idol. Simon has already said he is doing the X-factor. Which is a replacement for Idol. Idol will not be back next year.

March 5, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Chris

I've never really enjoyed the group songs but it is VERY clear that the one last night was dubbed. You'd think that 20 talented singers could produce something good live without it being lip-syched. Hmmm...Even though I wasn't a HUGE Gokey fan last season I was still looking forward to hearing him sing. I don't know. Country? It just seemed very safe and a little boring. Did anyone else feel like he was talking too much. I mean, I understand that he was passionate about the song but it was clear that Ryan wanted to move things along and Danny just kept going and going. I'm guessing the spotlight isn't as bright for him post Idol...welcome to the club, buddy.

March 5, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. Just A Thought

America got it right! In the end the one or two that should have went home tonight will go home next week – meaning Urban, Lambert, Lacey and DiDi!

March 5, 2010 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. protogere

Oh I hate this high school musical portion of the show!

March 4, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. protogere

I am so excited! Danny was my early favourite before and I was so upset that he didn't make it all the way – to see him perform will be a wonderful trade off for anyone who DOESN'T go away and ruins my night.

March 4, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |