March 3rd, 2010

The Backstreet Boys announce 2010 cruise

Backstreet’s back, alright – and this time, they’re on a boat.

The boy band released news that they’re kicking off a four-day cruise at the end of the year, departing from South Florida on December 9.

The actual ports of call have yet to be described in more detail other than "exotic," but according to the band’s Web site, cruise participants will be treated to “an intimate” performance from Backstreet, a Q&A session, photo ops and a beach party.

Tickets for fan club members go on pre-sale March 15, with public sale beginning March 22. You have to buy your tickets through the official site, unless you want to run the risk of being left out of the “private” events.

Filed under: Backstreet Boys • Music

1. alexishunt

- Umm, Backstreet Boys are losing my station's Teenage Dream poll. Help them win!!! Click here to vote for our boys! – http://www.mixphiladelphia.com/pages/teenage-dream/

February 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Matt_AKRON

i used to listen to them in middle school, It helped me loose my virginity in 5th grade

March 5, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. April

Because NKOTB is the first musical act to do a cruise. Where have you Blockheads been the past 10 years? Or is it just that the Aquanet fumes and too tight acid wash mom jeans are killing your brain cells?

March 4, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Brett

why haven't they aged a day in 15 years?

March 4, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Aimee

It is time they faced the fact, that their music is horrible, and they should be happy that they even survived the first year of their music. I will be praying for the perfect storm.

March 4, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lorin

I've been a Backstreet Boys fan since the age of 13 and what has always amazed me was the amount of haters. People who know nothing about them form these false opinions of the Backstreet Boys. It's unfortunate because wether or not people want to admitt to it the Backstreet Boys aren't just some boy band, they are truly talented, down to earth people, who care for their fans. I am very proud to call myself a fan and am keeping my fingers crossed that I am able to attend the cruise. It sounds like it'll be a blast AND I'd finally have a real shot of meeting these wonderful guys that I've been a fan of for years. The haters can diss all they like but like I said I am truly proud of being a fan of theirs.

March 4, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Liz

Anyone who knows anything about REAL singing knows these guys are timeless. They have the most wonderful harmonies you'll hear in a long time!

March 4, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Eddie Velez

I love the Back Street Boys!!! They are the greatest boy band EVER!!

March 4, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Str8 outta TX

always did get them confused.

March 4, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Reva

Who doesn't need money these days? HELLO

March 4, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. NKOTB FAN

WOW.... I guess their trying to be like NKOTB. I bet any amount of money that their cruise will not be as successful. NKOTB has been around longer and have more dedicated fans.

Long Live the BLOCK!!!!!

March 4, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lori

Backstreet wasn't gay-that was nsync....Lance Bass...remember? But that never stopped either group from putting out #1 songs...good music is good music and more power to them...don't be hating...some of us still like them...and now they are men...even better.

March 4, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Shelby

I'm a 40 year old cougar and can't wait for the CRUISE!!! Bring on the boys.

March 4, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lorin

Can't wait for the details of the cruise! If affordable I will so be there!

March 4, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Andy Rogers

March 4, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. ellebelle

They do care about fans, and that's a rarity today. Unlike today's teen throbs who want to appear stoned in every picture and say outrageous things

March 4, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  17. Str8 Outta Tx

even if the women still liked them, i was under the impression that they were gay. at least someof them.

March 4, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  18. Str8 Outta Tx

yeah... 19/m/tx. they were popular when i was in like the 3rd grade, and then i only listened to them bcuz all the females were.
    now i doubt they even have that going for them.

March 4, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  19. Mimi27

Their missing 1 member. Kevin. He was my favorite. I admit I was crazy about the group. Wont see me on the cruise though.

March 4, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  20. Get serious

At least they CARE about their fans....

March 4, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  21. Carrie

okay, you guys can all chill. Yes, they're time has past, but that doesn't give you an excuse to dis them all the time when theyre at least TRYING to make the REMAINING fans happy. Like it or not, theyre still alive, and still have fans. If you dont like them, don't comment or even read the article, duh! Get a life.

March 4, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  22. Carroe

March 4, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  23. Reba

Wow copy NKOTB much??

But hey it worked for some washed up old men maybe it will work for more LOL

March 4, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. JackieG

Good for them!! They played great music, made a lot of people happy and had great fans. Music changes throughout the years, but we all have favorites from the past, such as Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, ABBA, Johnny Cash, Bee Gees, Beetles, Bon Jovi, Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Elvis, Run DMC, TLC ....... some of us would jump at a chance to hang out with these musicians andso many more ( if we had the chance) ...... I see a fun gesture on their part to hang out with loyal fans and create a little happiness in a world that seem to be falling in around us.

March 4, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  25. zoomzoom

As long as they put on an excellent show what difference does it make how old they are or what their reasons are.

March 4, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  26. John

What's the matter kiddies? Did you already run out of money???

March 4, 2010 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  27. Heather

I wont argue that they used to be popular, but (please excuse the pun) that ship has sailed.

March 3, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Unicornball Bill

Hope it's on the Titanic

March 3, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  29. LittlePrince

I hope they get lost

March 3, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. mushymushroom

ah...ok...LOL

March 3, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. chase

From stadiums to Boats?? WTF?? Time to call it quits boys!

March 3, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  32. chris

it's time to hang it up guys, your not boys anymore at least one of you moved on to other things the rest of you should try it too..........

March 3, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  33. GeoB

Is it one way, PLEASE????

March 3, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  34. robert

Maybe it could go through the Bermuda Triangle.

March 3, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |