March 3rd, 2010

Another night, another uneven 'Idol'

testing captions
testing captions

O "Idol," why hast thou forsaken me?

I had such high hopes for the ladies tonight, and just like the guys on Tuesday night, the women stepped it up a little bit. And just like with the men the first performance was the best. MamaSox rocked the house and I enjoyed a few others, but I have yet to see someone I feel like can be anointed as "The Chosen One."

This early in the game, shouldn't we at least have some inkling of some of the major contenders for "American Idol"? How long must we wait before somebody really breaks out and has a "moment?"

What do you think?

« Previous entry
  1. maw

I think BOTH the contestants and the judges are to be blamed for a poor season so far.

They should go back to choosing contestants with actual singing talent rather than their marketability and sob stories.

As for the judges, they tell them to change a song and make it your own but when somebody does it, oh no the song is great you don't have to change it. They tell someone to sing Kiss Me but when she did, they didn't like it. Well there's really nothing much you can do with that song why did you suggest it?

March 6, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Helene Leone

I am very dissappointed because usually by now, I have a favorite that I'm rooting for. I'm still waiting for the Adam Lambert of this season.
    Last year I waited anxiously to see what Adam was going to bring and for me, he never dissapointed! I felt that way about Clay Aiken also.
    I liked these guys immediately. I'm not getting those vibes yet from any of the contestants. I do love the blonde rocker very much.. She totally knows who she is where the others aren't quite sure! I also like the girl that was in the hospital.. She also has it goin on.. Sorry, but I went blank on their names. I like Didi because she's adorable and has had it rough! I'm glad she didn't go home last night cause I think she has potential but I must say, nobody has blown me away yet and that's sad!!!!!!!! I have to say though, it was nice seeing Simon out of a tee-shirt for a change!!!!!!!!!! See what a good woman can do!

March 5, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. Callie

If she gets far enough, they'll do it for her. Usually the top twelve go through a metamorphasis before the "real" show starts.

If crystal stays ( and i think she's great by the way), I'm sure that change will come courtesy of the show (unless she says no).

March 4, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BDog

Can we all pitch in and get bowersox some dental work? Teeth whitening, and 2 dental implants?

March 4, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Alice

The judges comments are AWFUL...I think they don't have a clue either...all they're doing is confusing the contestants and sending mixed messages...I think there are alot of good voices yet no one can do it!! The only ones that seem like they have something going are Crystal, Lilly, Alex Lambert and possibly Lee. Overall though, the show stinks this year!! I am about ready to UN-Tivo it!!

March 4, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. foyelady

The Sam Cooke song is.... A Change is Gonna Come.

March 4, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. foyelady

Sam Cooke must have been spinning like a top in his grave. That song is almost an anthem or a hymn. It deserves reverence, not used for someone to establish some "soul cred" whatever that is.

March 4, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Phyllis

I m getting so tired and bored of the judges redundant comments... and then we have to listen to four of them over and over again... I have been a totally loyal Idol fan but now I am disappointed and losing interest.... with the new four-judge format.... It's too many comments to listen to. Three judges are plenty... They lost me last night mid way through the ladies show.... Something has got to change for the best.... Good Luck Idol, I know there are plenty of fans out there that feel the same.

March 4, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Eddie Velez

SIOBHAN ALL THE WAY!! Ellen Rocks I love her!

March 4, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Str8 outta TX

i believe i can answer many of the ?'s about why so and so is still competing.
    this world has gone on to where we actually care more about attractiveness than personality and talent.
    in other words, most of the U.S. could care less about how well somebody does something as long as they look good doing it.
    shallow!!!
    19/m/tx

March 4, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JBird

I think Siobhan kicked ass last night. I love that she's incredibly talented, but humble, and she doesn't seem to care about the physical impression she gives, although she could be a sister to Sandra Bullock easily. Go Siobhan!!

March 4, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. M. Freeman

As always I watch Idol. My pick for the girls is Lilly Scott. Am not all that familiar with all the names yet, but I was so impressed with the young lady who was last who sang "Fredom"; what a power house of vocal chords. I pick her, Didi and Lilly as the final three. The guys, don't know yet! No one is that much of a standout exept the large African American , he really sings well. Judges: well, Simon is still the one who calls it like it is.

March 4, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sandi

I believe this should be the last year for Amer. Idol. I have found it boring and would rather watch The Biggest Loser. I cannot stand Kara. Must she jut her chin out every time she talks?? She seems to be falling all over Simon. So classless. I like Ellen but didn't really get the beat of why they chose her to be a judge. Randy's act has gotten so old with the "listen up dude" and calling the girls and guys "dawgs". I could give the contestants the benefit of the doubt and say maybe they will improve over the next weeks, but I don't see any real talent out there. The show is a drag now. My vote goes to Ryan Seacrest.

March 4, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Just A Thought

Smarg – obviously not a fan of the show! Every one of the winners from idol and many of those that didn't win went on to be succesful, maybe not in singing, but broadway, TV, and other endeavers. Not a single one doesn't get a check I'd love to get! Just because they win Idol isn't a garauntee that they will succeed after! Some could care less about Carrie or Kelly for that matter!

March 4, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. siren4song

Is it just me or do the back-up vocalists SUCK?? Every year, I'm sorry, but they are so bad that they actually distract the poor kid up there trying to get their song out. Interesting that Randy, who claims to be the 'pitch' police, never mentions how BAD they are. And they get PAID??

March 4, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Just A Thought

show dog mom – last time I checked this is a singing competition...and not a beauty pageant! I could care less what Crystal looks like or how many teeth she has! Maybe she has the ones your missing -Is that why your hating? Crystal is definitly one of the best! Especially since she doesn't care what the rest of thinks, she knows who she is and does her thing; and she does it well!

March 4, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. sandi

out of the men or women, none of them seem outstanding or look like they could be "the american idol" after all is said and done. The contestants aren't at fault. It is the judges after all, that chose these people.

March 4, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Deborah Callaway

Idol is very bad this year. they kept telling us this was the best group yet. Are you kidding me? They all sound the same and lame.
    Sorry, You get one more look see and then I am done with it forever.

March 4, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Connie

AI can clearly blame only the judges for picking such a poor group of contestants. This season is without a doubt very boring and disappointing. I was so excited for this season to begin too. What the heck happened??!! You can definitely see the friction between Ryan and Simon this season too. You can tell that Ryan doesn't appreciate the mean spirited criticism that Simon is lashing out. at everyone either as he does try to console each contestant after the lashing out they receive. Please keep that up Ryan!! I also like a lot of other people used to enjoy Simon's remarks afterwards but this year he's gone way too far with the meaness. He has to be making the contestants feel like absolute crap. Where is the constructive criticism?? And its not just Simon. Randy's remarks are the same ole same ole and Kara is coming off as bitchy and Ellen's comments are completely useless. Why is she even a judge?! Wake up American Idol!! This show is going down the tubes fast.

March 4, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Liz

boy this has turned out to be one of the worst beginning season for American Idol. What happen to all the talent? I'm disappointed i hope it gets better soon

March 4, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  21. talley

I think the girls definately did better than the boys by far. I do not like Crystal much because she comes off wrong to me. Plus I HATE babies being pushed into my face. Hello Big Mike. It's not about their lives it's about singing which both do well. So can we stick to that?

That said I think the whole show seems unhappy with it self. Ryan's banter with Simon is not on this year. They all seem unhappy except Kara whose just annoying. I don't care she's a good song writer; I hate how she presents herself and talks/plays with Simon. Randy seems like he's there but there is no interaction at all amongst the judges. No one is giving proper criticisms like they really care. It's the judges who are bluh for me. Plus the audiences are blech! Tired of the automatic booing of Simon too.

Bring on Factor X and leave AI in the dust.

March 4, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. laurie

Lee Dewyze is the winner this year!!!

March 4, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  23. FRAN

So far it's a snooze fest! The only one that I can even say that I like is Crystal. A far as the judges this year there is absolutely NOchemistry what so ever. There is definitely an issue with the 4 of them and every time Kara talks I have to change the channel and as for Simon and Ellen there is something not right there seems to be a problem between the two of the. I have to say so far not a good start and i hope it gets better or I will not be watching much longer.

March 4, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Keith

This show has ran it course. The talent over the last few seasons have been ABSOLUTELY AWFUL......

March 4, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  25. AP

I could not agree more with the blog this week. I'm still trying to figure out who the judges were listening to, because their feedback was completely off base. Simon is the only one who speaks the truth...I think the show is done without him next year.

March 4, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. DF

I have yet to see anyone this season that has "WOWED" me,,,,it has been pretty disappointing!!!

March 4, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  27. jackmas

Crystal Bowersox is a talent. She "owns" the songs she sings and she really stands out. She and Lilly are so much more 'mature' in so many ways than the others, that the others could be sent home now .Bowersox is certainly not likely to win, because she does not have the 'adornments' idol requires. But she will get a record deal from someone and she is going to be a star - if she does not implode. I am so behind her!

March 4, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  28. robert

I would have to agree with the votefortheworst comment. Would Kris Allen have won last year?

March 4, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Kathy Copse

Theres only one winner amongst them all, one shining star, one true, raw talent... Crystal is the winner!!

March 4, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Max

Idol this year is so boring, I sometimes think that 2 hours watching is a waste of my time. I still hope though that there will be like Adam Lambert or Carrie Underwood that would keep me from watching this show.

March 4, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  31. sandy

I thought there were some decent performances last night, but the whole group is pretty forgettable at this point. Last night it occurred to me that Randy is much more authoritative and critical. I think he wants to be Top Dawg after Simon leaves. ( Hopefully he will do it without Ellen, who adds less than nothing to the show.) Kara is much better this year, but how I wish she would drop the "sweetie" nonsense.

March 4, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Shalonda

I am very disappointed in this year's Idol contestants. There are a few idol hopefuls that could be "the chosen one" however no one has given me goosebumps yet. When picking the top 24, Randy told a rejected singer the talent this year is overwhelming, well i ain't been overwhelmed yet. THIS IS STARTING BE ONE OF THE WORST SEASON'S YET AND MAYBE MY LAST TIME WATCHING. WAY TO GO IDOL JUDGES-NOT!

March 4, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Linda

I am very disappointed. I used to love the show. Two or three good singers and that is it.

I love Ellen but she is not the greatest choice for being on the panel this year.

March 4, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. wendy sepulvado

American Idol is a great show, but this year I see 2 contestants that I feel will go far. Crystal is unique and a raw natural talent. And Big Mike is another. I just love these 2 and want to see them put on a show that I know they are capable of.

March 4, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Brad

The early eliminations need to be reevaluated. They are paying way too much attention to political correctness, like the right balance of ethnics, cutesy stories about the contestant, cute guys to attract teen viewers, etc. The concern about ratings has overshadowed finding talent.

March 4, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  36. patman

Enough of plugging "Kara's songs". If you check "her songs", she is a co-writer. Usually one of at least four. For Pete sakes, how many "songwriters" does it take to write a crappy 3 minute song.
    Dogface Kara is a spare at best.
    I love Randy's "I hate to sound like a broken record" DAWG..youve been a broken record for 8 seasons already.
    I think Simon wants this season to suck so we wont miss AI when we all switch to his new show next year.
    Elevator...go-wing-dowwwwwwwwnnnnnn

March 4, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. mb

Since so many viewers are hanging it up can the producers not do something about Kara's actions – she is married and I understand Simon is engaged to be married – why can Kara not just sit there as a professional and act her age??? I bet Paula is sitting back and laughing at the whole mess.....judges please give these young people a break and do your job and that does not mean calling all of them dawg, telling them how good they look and telling them to "make it your own" and when they do try and make it their own they get called on the carpet...

March 4, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Isay

Adam Lambert is the best of all season. And getting better

March 4, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Martone27

Yaaaaaaawwwwwnnnn, Uh, oh I am sorry. I feel asleep last night watching American Idol and just woke. Did I miss something? 2 words for last night. Snzzzzzzzzzz and Horrendous!

March 4, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Isay

Why everybody thinks Crystal is the best singer? Just because she is not good looking, or her story? I don't think she is that great. Just like all the singers performing the street, plain, average.

March 4, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Vernice

Out of the all the hundreds of people who tied out for this show, is this the best is out there?

None of the them are stars. No talent.

It is time for AI to say good bye.

March 4, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  42. CynthiaE

(Sigh) for Week 1. (Bigger sigh) for Week 2. This season is definitely missing the WOW factor. I'm not a student of Idol, but I seem to remember at least 2-3 great performances an episode in previous years. Something you want to rewatch or download again and again. The contestants seem to be greener than ever and in desperate need of direction- and the judges are only making it worse with their unhelpful, confusing, and indulgent critiques. Could the contestant really be that green or is something else not happening behind the scenes that happened in previous years? If not, how did the judges get it so wrong? I'm really pulling for pretty much everyone this year, but I shouldn't feel like a cheerleader when I watch, should I?

March 4, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Smarg

I think that the show's course has run out because the talent level is very low. I say stop the show after this one for a few years. Also, votefortheworst.com has skewed the results for some time now; they claim credit for the show's winners who turn out to be real duds. There were only two breakout stars, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, and now even Clarkson got fat and her songs are bitter ballads about men. Ruben? Morbidly obese and painfully limited. Fantasia? Horribly screeching welfare mother. Taylor Hicks? Who is that? See what I mean??

March 4, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Judi V.

Can we replay last yrs shows – I could not wait to see the shows and of course we all know that Lambert made it a must see prog. As for this yr – DULLl and so far no one to really cheer for...if they want to stop the show now that is alright w/me...matter of fact, I just might SKIP this season until maybe the last couple of wks. Sorry Simone

March 4, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Joel T.

I thought Katelyn was awesome!!!
    Hot too!!!

March 4, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Kim Smith

This year's AI is such a disappointment and ever soooo boring. I don't find anyone who will eventually change all of that.

Hey, Judges what the heck happened at selection time?

March 4, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Jeff

I think somebody needs to learn how to write interesting blog posts that do more than say, "I was disappointed, what do you think?' I want that salary.

March 4, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  48. zephyrhinds

I have watched every American Idol season and this is the worse.
    No one entertains and of all the contestants there are maybe 4 decent voices.
    It would be nice to see them dressed in something other than lawn mowing clothing.
    I have no idea who wanted Ellen on the show. She is a disaster, why not a judge who is a long time entertainer or a music producer. She acts as if she isn't all there half the time and what she says doesn't make sense.
    Once Simon is gone, I will be gone, if I don't leave earlier. At this point., I am missing Paula and I never thought I would say that !!!

March 4, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  49. Mary

the show has lost it "zest". I feel simon has lost complete interest and Kara is trying so hard to take Paula"s place with simon rubbing his arm and putting her head on his shoulder- it is horrible this year.
    I watched my last nite of it.. goodbye–will see who won in the internet or Access Hollywood.

March 4, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  50. danny - texas

i am completely bored with the show this year. There are really no intersting contestants – save maybe lily, chrystal and they great kooky girl from cape cod. They guys are mainly painful – sparing Bik Mike and the ex paint store guy from Chicago. Just cut down to the final six and let's get this thing going. The judges have no spark – no chemistry – the show truly misses Paula. Ellen is trying to spice it up a bit with her humor – please do more of that – Kara is a complete drip and drives me crazy. Something has got to give or I may for the first time – give up on this show. if one more contestant sings some old, boring, slow, tired, "older than them"song – i'll throw the remote at them! Seriously – entertain us – don't bore us – and act your age for gods sake!

March 4, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  51. sandi

I would like to know what is going on with the seating arrangements. Does Ellen have body odor or something ? I like Ellen on the show and think she is getting better each week, but the seating makes it look like half of the group does not enjoy having her company !

March 4, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  52. show dog mom

Hyag64: Yeah crystal is "natural" all right! She hasn't combed that hair in YEARS, and had "summer" teeth (some're here; some're there and some're missing altogether). She is truly the worst of the girls. Are they being kind because she's missing her trailer?

March 4, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  53. A Hawk

This is the worst season for Idol. I thought the girls did better than the guys, but that's not saying much. After reading some of the comments yesterday, I tend to agree, this should be the last season for Idol. Where is the good talent. Maybe the judges need to go back on the road in search of some good talent.

March 4, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  54. Vincent

This group is so bad even Secrest is no longer bragging "best talent ever" like he does every season. The few decent ones are miles behind the top 24 from the Underwood, Daughtry and Cook's seasons.

I watch them sing but I can't care less on who gets the boot.

March 4, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  55. Jamie

I have to say I wasn't as impressed with girls this week as I was last.

March 4, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  56. Jerry who notices

As a side comment – have you noticed how different the interaction between Simon and Kara is this year? Is Simon grooming her to be his alter ego when he departs?

March 4, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  57. Weezie

I totally agree, I have yet to see someone that I can begin to root for. maybe Michael Lynche, but the girls in my opinion aren't doing so well.

March 4, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  58. Enza

Crystal is amazing and so refreshing! I agree with Simon, Crystal gave the best performance of the night! So real!

I also want to say that I was glad to hear Randy say that sometimes the judges have been giving contradictory advice. I was thinking the same thing! Judges make up your mind!!

P.S. I miss Paula!!!!!

March 4, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  59. marylou

This is the worst American Idol show! I've been watching for the last 9 years and this year is soooo boring!!

March 4, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  60. Robert Posey

Alex Lambert at his best doesn't deserve to be there, there are only one or two guys one do. The women are a little better, most of them can sing for at least part of the song, but they are still in consistent even in single performances. The judges clearly picked on looks, or image and not singing talent. With this many people applying, you can not tell me that they could find fewer good singers than are performing in Austin, TX(or a dozen other places) in a single night on a weekend. Of course with idiots voting for the likes and Alex Lambert, and not voting for Adam to win last year, maybe the judges are giving the people the crap they want.

March 4, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  61. Carol Wike

Yes, I agree this year is not the best of years for talent. There are a hand full, but certainly none that "jump" out!!! For right now, I see Big Mike and Crystal as the only two contenders.

March 4, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  62. hammondrofWI

Crystal and Siobhan rocked last night. They're in for the long haul.

March 4, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  63. Maris

Siobhan, Lilly, Crystal, Lee, Big Mike and Andrew. Final 6 !

March 4, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  64. Stefani

i'm sorry but this season absolutely BLOWS! from the judging to the singers with maybe a couple of exceptions (the first perfomers for each gender). what the heck??!!! Is it just me does Simon seem to be in 'short-timers' mode?? Not worth watching or taping....maybe i'll tune in for the finale....

March 4, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  65. Steve

I agree. The shows has lost it's "flair". The talent this year is not very good. The ones that ARE good stand out like lights in a sea of darkness.

Ellen should go. Her comments are exactly the same every time.

March 4, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  66. Columbus Ohio watcher

The judges keep telling us that this is the most talented group they have ever had. I'm not seeing it. No one has knocked my socks off yet. Last night's show was a bore - no one stepped up. I don't know if I can make myself sit through another episode.

March 4, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  67. Ughhh

I was really looking forward to the end of audtions/Hollywood week so we could actually hear some of these people sing, but now I think I would rather see ALL of the sucky audtions instead.

Oh wait, basically that is what I am still seeing. And what the heck is the judge's problem with the be original/you're too original crap, they are more wishy washy than my actual washing machine.

This season is very boring, it better kick it up a few gazillion notches or I'll be watching re-rums of some 70's syndicated show instead.

March 4, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  68. Susan

Ok – I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict the final 3 contestants: Crystal Bowersox, Lee Dewyze and Michael Lynche. You can already eliminate the rest as far as I'm concerned.

March 4, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  69. judi

I kind of feel like Simon. I'm bored to tears watching these people sing the same songs we've heard just about every season, and Kara annoys me to no end, but I feel like I have to watch, and it makes me angry.

March 4, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  70. Beagle

The singers are the worst, both the men and the women. And the show is a colossal bore. I keep the TV on mute and do other things than listen to the singers when they come on-though the singers this year are SO bad across the board that I get embarrassed for them and have to change the channel mid-song at times to see what else is on.

March 4, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  71. Jim

I think AI has finally reached the point where it's time to put it to bed. It's lost it's charm.

March 4, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  72. Beth

Last night belongs to Crystal and Siobhan...the rest were off key and horrible songs. Katie...who's young...couldn't even think of a younger music group when asked...how wierd is that...what has she been listening to in re music. Ellen seems to say the same thing over and over again, Simon looks just plain bored, Randy hasn't liked anyone that much and Kara..well...if I hear "just make it your own" one more time...Idol will be done this year.

March 4, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  73. Gary

I think this years' contestants are real dissappointing. There is not one person that WOWs me. I am losing interest fast. I also think Ellen is not a good judge.

March 4, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  74. Get serious

Is there any way possible to limit the american Idol posts to 1 a day?

March 4, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  75. djtunes

crystal, lilly, siobhan,and lee will be the top 4 finishers

March 4, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  76. donna

I have seen no one yet on Idol this season who can match the winners on previous seasons. I think the judges have got it wrong this season. I have found the season to date, boring.

March 4, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  77. Mathman

This is by far the worst Idol ever. My wife and kids and I watch have been watching Idol every year and this year it is absolutely boring. There are maybe one or two from each group that are kinda good but the rest are......#$@&!!!!!!
    My family and I are very disappointed.

March 4, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  78. Guy B.

There are 3 guys the can sing, if they pick the right songs, there are 3 girls that can truely sing if they pick the right songs.
    The rest are canon fodder. I wish we could skip to the final 6 and get if over with, it's only to obvious who is going to make that final round.
    In the end the idols looks and being popular with 13 year old girls, yes singers please pay attention every idol has been chosen by young girls 11 to15 so sing to them dress for them, smile for them cause that is who is going to make you an idol no one else. You dont need to be a good singer you just need to be popular with this group of people.

March 4, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  79. mary

Siobhan blew my hair back ! So glad to hear someone with an incredible voice. I almost stopped watching the show, but the girls kept me watching.

March 4, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  80. BH

The judges should be judged! For picking such a poor group of "talent." After listening to thousands and thousands of wanna-bees across the country, THIS is what they come up with?
    Then....they continue to bash these kids on national TV for not giving a stellar performance? Really unfair....ok, even a musician gets master classes and there's plenty of criticism, compliments and encouragement along the way, but these judges are simply degrading these kids on such a personal level.
    Reality show at its worst.

March 4, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  81. Lisa

Bored, bored, bored. There are a couple of them that I like, but if someone doesn't step it up big-time next week I'm done for the season. I love Crystal but she's going to be another one of those who leaves too early, so not a big incentive to stick around.

March 4, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  82. Hyag64

I think Crystal is the most natural singer in the group. She sings easy and effortless. Kinda, I'm doing my thing and I don't what they think. This is me.

March 4, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  83. disappointed

I think Idol has been hurt by its own format. They are so obsessed with good looking people who have heart-tugging back stories, I fear they sent some unbelievable singers and performers packing before they even got a chance to audition for the judges.

They should reassess their early round process and the people who vet the contestants.

March 4, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  84. AEvangelista

Lisa Respers France: You need to pick up your crayons and go home. You are so jaded you can't appreciate what these kids are doing. Siobhan had THE moment, and established herself as a major contender with it. Duh.

March 4, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  85. Just A Thought

I agree pmcape – Siobhan is one of my favs for the girls! She still is on the verge of breaking out, and when she does – It will be awesome!

March 4, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  86. Paul

More and more the show narcotizes me. Glorified karaoke at its best. It would be nice to see genuine artistic expression. Of all the many seasons of Idol only a few, count less than one hand, have been able to build a profiting career out of this moment. Its a bit of a joke, and teen-age girl addiction. The judges can't even pretend this leads to anything anymore-Simon and Randy that is. The useless other two would sign blank checks to them all and bankrupt the business.

March 4, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  87. J Go

I hate Siobhan... she's so weird and her voice is overrated. I can't STAND Haeley; her mouth looks like a venus fly trap and her song last night was horrendous. Katie is also overrated. Sure, she sounds good, but she's not spectacular or anything. I could say the same about so many of the contestants this year, guys and girls alike. Crystal is one of the very few who is original, talented, AND has the potential to win.

March 4, 2010 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  88. Truly disappointed

This has got to be the WORST season by far. To me they left the best singers back in Hollywood. To add insult to injury they have someone attempting to "critique" these bad singers with even worse "advice... please, please, please FIRE Ellen! She is a train wreck.

I am so glad that we TiVo the shows so we can not only skip through the bad singing but the commercials too.

March 4, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  89. Flyin11

I'm sorry...I beg to differ on Bowersox. Her performance was good...but not that good. I think the best performance was by Siobhan Magnus. I never knew she had those pipes! The song was up tempo, she really held her chords in check, and those great outbursts were unbelievable! She made a fan out of me last night. She might not be as much eye candy as the others but she can sure bring it. The rest had some up's and downs but I still had yet to see anybody else extend their vocal ranges above just talking. They should have done it like Magnus. I like Katelyn Epperly but I wished she would have opened it up SOOOO much more. Like the judges said...It was just too slow. She could have blown that songs out of the park but she didn't. I was wrong yesterday when I said that the 2 blondes got voted off...I didn't realize that it was Ashley Rodriguez that got voted off...For some reason I thought it was Katelyn last week so I screwed that up. Oh well...Not much left to say. Just have to see what happens next....

March 4, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  90. scottie

Oh Didi . . . .why did you have to let me down? What a wonderful, smooth voice and a look that's killer . . . but the wrong song for you, honey! Very wrong! Crystal – fantastic! And where did Siobhan come from? She owned the song! And judges . . .Katie has a big, mature voice! She can't make it younger! And to Randy – "dog" and "dope" are from the '80s – it's over. Ellen – find a new word because "great" is waaaay overused. Kara – shut up. And Simon . . .could you possibly look any more bored? Really – you're getting paid a fortune. Look interested.

March 4, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  91. show dog mom

pmcape: I totally agree with you! Siobhan is a mini Adam Lambert!
    She's the only one who lit up that stage last night. (Those of you who voted in boring Kris last year are the very ones who are complaining about being BORED this year–payback is a b!+ch! LOL
    Wishing he were back aren't you!
    Crystal needs to go home to her kid, or back to the subway stop..

March 4, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  92. Kerry

I must say...I'm not the least impressed with these women. The performance I enjoyed the most, the judges hated the most. For me, the guys are doing a much better job, the girls are just all over the place. I'm still wondering why I watched Idol last night instead of Criminal Minds...won't make that mistake again....

March 4, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  93. pmcape

Did any of the previous commenters and bloggers actually watch the entire show? Siobhan killed it. After these last two weeks,everyone else is playing for second. Stunning.

March 4, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  94. Truthi

There isn't any clear winner, sure, but then is there ever?? The only constant thing about Idol is that there are always surprises – metinks the gals are much better this year...the guys seem to try too hard. Simon seems to have thrown in the towel...hes left the show already. Cara is verging on the hysterical & that silly Casey thing shes got going is so much a gimmick its painfull watching her staged blushes. Randy is making the motions and poor Ellen is trying...almost as hard as the guys. Time for X-factor.

March 4, 2010 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
  95. Just A Thought

Seriously!?!? Katie was awesome! She had great vocals, was on pitch and although the song was still not perfect she did it well. She still needs a song that really showcases her ability. The judges want her to find a song that fits her age but the problem is her voice is much better than her years! If you just heard her on the radio you would think she is much older, just because her voice is that good!

March 4, 2010 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  96. JC

I have to agree with Lisa. This is hands down the worst year of Idol I remember seeing. By now, at least 1/2 of the performances should at least be decent. The last two nights there have probably been about 3 each that were good. Typically there are about 2-3 that you know are in jeopardy for elimination. It shouldn't be this way where you wouldn't be surprised if just about any of them were voted off because of mediocre performances.

As for talent....this might challenge season 6 for being the least talented group. It is actually quite disappointing.

March 4, 2010 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  97. Gregory Gomes

Idol this year is so off my TV list,the contestants are way below standards and at the most are Just good party singers.None even match up to what we had last year and previously when Mandisa,David Archuleta,David Cook,these are voices to be voted for,that will be remembered.Its sad but i think Idol should now cross borders if true Star quality and talent is to be revealed.

March 4, 2010 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  98. Grace

Katie Stevens was the worst. It's time for her to go.

March 4, 2010 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  99. Grace

I think Didi should sing a Brooke White song! The girls this year are MUCH better than the guys! No question about it!

March 4, 2010 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  100. Eric the Actor

The singers are just horrible this year – seriously there are just 4-5 good singers from the entire bunch.
    Then we have to listen to Ellen "I like you. you should move more. I like you." Um singing competition and you are just terrible. Seriously why does Ellen talk like she is running the show after this year? Read some of her interviews, she's sounds like she's pulling the stings. Earth to Ellen AI gets 100X the ratings your talk show ever did. You are the small fish here and should put in some time before you act like you own the place. Plus she just sux.

Simon, please back up all the rumors Ellen is a nightmare off the camera. She seems so phony and useless.

March 4, 2010 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  101. Hugh01

I think I'd rather watch Canadian Parliament.

March 4, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  102. Hugh01

Stinky!!!

March 4, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  103. Matt

I can't believe it but Idol is actually boring this year.

When I need to switch channels to find something interesting to watch instead of Idol, that's a really bad sign. And no it's not because Paula isn't there. It's something else, a bad vibe, a tiredness to the show, the same predictable answers from the judges, Randy always addressing everyone as "dog". . . . . the list goes on.

Last night, taking down wallpaper was more entertaining and fun than Idol. Bye-bye guys.

March 3, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  104. melanie

Alex Lambert really stands out for me, he is the most unique, his voice quality is unbelievably amazing and what a cutie! I really hope he kicks the nerve thing. Lee Dewyze is my other favorite guy.

Out of the girls I like Crystal but not sure how original and unique she is, Lilly who's very original, and Katie although I don't think she's really hit her stride yet.

March 3, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Nick

I'm sorry but has Lisa Respers France ever watched American Idol before this year?? This is the top 24...if you watched any of the prior seasons you would know this years group has more talent than any other year. Usually were stuck with people like Nick Mitchell and Tatiana from last year that can't even sing a note...this year I can see six or seven of them with the potential to win.

March 3, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  106. tc

There isn't a clear front runner yet, but there were some standout moments tonight. Though the girls definitely upped their game way above the guys. I can't see any guy winning the competition so far. My top 3 girls are Siobhan, Crystal, and Katelyn.

March 3, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Sherri

For the guys, Lee will definitely be there. I'll throw in Casey too, although I'm not impressed with him overall. Aaron Kelly, although young, will do well with this season's Idol show. He's got a very good voice at only 16 years of age. As for the women, I cannot even remember any of their names. That's how impressed I am with ANY of them....

March 3, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  108. protogere

I think it is still pretty early in the game to be feeling like there isn't a clear winner. I mean look back to prior years, David Cook didn't really creep up until the top eight and suddenly wow. Same with Carrie and Kelly. In fact I think the only season where there was a clear 'it' from day one was with Daughtry and then he didn't actually win the competition.
    I do think there are a few who didn't appear to stand out as much during Hollywood week but are suddenly emerging with some strong vocals.
    Thanks as always Lisa, I look forward to tomorrow night!

March 3, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |