March 2nd, 2010

The men of 'Idol' try to be better

testing captions
testing captions

So we started off strong, ended not too bad, and in between – ehhh.

This week's performances were not nearly as bad as last week, but that's not saying too much. Week one was so abysmal that there really was no place to go but up.

It may be too early in the season but I haven't seen anyone yet that I just love, love, love. I thought it was going to be Andrew Garcia, but at this point I would rather watch his stuff on YouTube than him on "Idol."

Did anyone thrill you this week or are you anxiously awaiting the women's performances on Wednesday night?

Jumping into the show now? Meet the top 24 on "American Idol"

1. AH/MP

Lee Dewyze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone from back home is rooting for you!!! We love you!

March 5, 2010 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. sandy

I LOVED LOVED Casey last week but then this week was all guitar and unfinished phrasing, which made me realize he aint as great as I thought he was in Hollywood week. I dont think we have any grammy winners in this bunch – crystal Bowersox is a dark horse however. I think Simon made a good decision to leave if this is the best we got left!

March 3, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. wayne

Lee Dewyze sounds like Springsteen to me.......good!!

March 3, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Machater

The Performances were weak. I dont care who gets kicked off this week. They were all interchangeable.The only one that showed any real flashes of being memorable was Lee Dewyze.

March 3, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Gina

Lee, Casey and Big Mike are the best of the guys, and they are really just average.
    By this time in AI, there are usually a few contestants that stand out. Not this season. It really is quite boring.

March 3, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Carol

Big Mike was good and I'm a fan of Lew DeWyze. John Park and Jermaine probably need to go...but then so does the Urban kid.

March 3, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sherry

Lee Dewyze was the best.

March 3, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Karen

Agree totally with above...guys had nowhere to go but up, and some of them did not do that...I haven't found anyone i love, love either but Lambert has such a wonderful voice..I think he will go far once he overcomes the nerves..Garcia was my fav in Hollywood, but has , as Simon says been very disappointing..was it just me, or did someone tell Ellen to get funny...I like her that way..she adds more to the show.,

March 3, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. mary

i enjoy every comment ellen makes!

March 3, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bull

The big problem for the singers this year is the singing coach,and the band. They are poor at best.

March 3, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Gen

I am so disappointed in this season, it has to be the lamest one yet. I have watched nearly all seasons of A.I. and there was at least one between the girls and guys that I "loved" and was wowed by, but this season, neither the girls or the guys have anyone great. Some are good, but nobody has done something that made you stand up and cheer about, or just rocked it out. There is noone coming close to anything that past contestants like, David Cook, Daughtry, Adam Lambert, or even the girl who sang the other night, from last season have done,,can't remember her name right off, but I sure remember her talent, she could take a song and belt it out there, and "wowed" us. I am extremely disappointed in the choices A.I. have made with their top 24, I don't know if I'll be spending the 5 hours a week it takes to keep up with Idol this season. It's just not interesting enough to do that.... One more thing, this one on a positive note, I love Ellen! It just sucks that this season is her first, and the talent is so talentless.

March 3, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Karen

Love Kara much better this year than last! More personality, Ellen, I think, is afraid to joke around too much because people will say
    she isnt taking it seriously, but I like her. None of the singers
    "stand out" to me yet, but I think it's more the songs they are
    choosing, than their singing, the songs are boring! Can't
    someone give them advice on their song choices?

March 3, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. J Go

I'm giving it one more night. If, after watching the girls perform tonight, I'm still not impressed... I'm done. It's just not interesting to watch.

March 3, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. sandy

This has absolutely been the worst season I've seen. I do know a little about music, and there is no one I would purchase their recordings. But then again recordings do fix all your flaws and you sound great. So who really knows! Just pick anybody and the recording companies will fix them right up to be sellable. Kinda 0f like how magazines paint the flaws of off the models.

March 3, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. show dog mom

WE WANT ADAM! WE WANT ADAM! WE WANT ADAM! Or even David Cook...because each one of these guys is more boring than the last one....!

March 3, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Michael

Jermaine Sellers and John Park are going home Thursday.

March 3, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Me

They didn't seem to be any care in who the judges chose this year. I don't care if the person looks like Elsa Lanchester (Bride of Frankenstein) as long as she sings like Melissa Manchester.

March 3, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. vryclver

If the A.I. producers had any respect for their viewers, which have kept them on the air THIS long, they would just shelve the rest of the season and save us the agony. I cannot fathom how A.I. could have made the rounds to the various cities and the best they could come up with is a mediocre..at best... group of contestants. And the judges?....don't even get me started on the judges!!

March 3, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Hugh01

Now you're censoring our comments, that's pretty bad.

March 3, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Louise

I have always loved watching that special someone on the show who had something special in his/her singing voice. Like David Cook, or Adam Lambert or Carrie Underwood and the other winners on the show. This is the worst show ever. I have been watching since the beginning and I love Ellen, but I fell asleep watching the show. I never do that and that is two weeks now. I hope they will get better soon.

March 3, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Libra2849

The contestants are not of a caliber I'd expect from past years of Idol. Where is the next Adam Lambert, someone who keeps us tuning in to wonder what will he do this week?? Boring stuff this year, all round.
    The judges are obviously not paying attention..one minute they want you to take the song and make it your own..next minute they're all over you for changing the song too much. So which is it?? I think the judges are tired of Idol, I know I am. Simon seems half asleep most of the time, Randy's comments lack any of the old zip he used to have, Kara is just boring and Ellen is definitely out of her element.

March 3, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Shaman Nora

Crystal had complications from diabetes, which is why she was in the hospital and couldn't perform. I hope she's better today. I think some of the people who auditioned and didn't make it past Hollywood week should have been on the show. Lee did well last night, so I feel there are 4 guys with potential on this one. Hopefully, they'll all improve more each week. I wish the judges would stop giving the singers such long comments and the double messages. It's confusing the singers. It seems the judges don't really know what they want. After Adam Lambert, I think everybody expects another superstar to come on the show and blast the others away. That isn't happening this time. Kara keeps showing us she has issues and they're not cute or funny. Simon doesn't want to be there, and I don't blame him. When he told Kara to stop last night, I applauded him.

March 3, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Omaha Reader

Lee Dewyze is HOT! His voice is also sooo sexy... I can listen to him singing all nite long... So far, he is my fav male this year.

March 3, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Hugh01

The guys are terrible, the talent pool is losing water in America .. AI should be put out of its misery.

March 3, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  25. calvysgirl

Todrick can definitely sing but every time he changes the arrangement, they don't like it. Season after season, the judges say to "make it your own"...well, isn't that what he is doing. I think he did an amazing job both weeks. Go Todrick!

March 3, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  26. Sheri

This season has the least talent of any previous Idol season. The judges are tone deaf this year...

March 3, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  27. Jazz Allen

Poor Todrick and Jermaine both of them really can sing, but the judges murder them.

March 3, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  28. Flyin11

I anted to watch the girls last night and then found out the guys were on. Almost made me change the channel right then and go back to Lost. I switched in between commercials though. Nobody seems to be able to have the pipes to sing this year. Guys or girls. I'm waiting for someone to actally SING...by that I mean, hold a great high and hard tone for a long period of time. Not scream, but hold a great tone. All I keep seeing is everyone like trying to tell a story by singing and it comes across as everyone is just talk singing...like they aren't singing are trying hard and are just up there lightly talking. Come on contestants!! Your on TV and your chance to shine...You need to let it all out and SING!! I'm finding a lot of it to karaoke to me and I'm being serious. Not saying that for Simon either. If they (Guys and girls) don't start singing and actually singing, I too will be turning the channel! The 2 hottest girls are already gone after week 1...the 2 blondes...so, there's no one on the girls side left for me....

March 3, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  29. Marc

Idol is going downhill fast. Is it the talent pool empty? Out of 100,000 people, this is the best that they could find? The men are terrible. None give me goosebumps and most just made me say eh.

No wonder Simon is leaving....this show may just have jumped the shark.

March 3, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  30. Beth

No thrilling voices last night w/the men performing! I had hopes for Garcia but last night his voice was all over the place...actually "Big Mike" sounded the best.

March 3, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  31. JC

Much, much better than last week. At least there were 3-4 good performances. I didn't understand the praise for Big Mike. I guess after how bad last week was, the judges were just happy with even a mediocre performance. I still think they can just get rid of 4 guys this week and we still won't miss a beat.

March 3, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  32. Lori

This is the first year that I think there is no one that is hands down the best singer. There are people that shouldn't be in this competition. I will not watch anymore.

March 3, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  33. patNY

This is by far one of the WORST American Idol seasons. They all suk big time.

March 3, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  34. LJ

Well....where to start, I am really these are the best these guys could find out of over 100,000 people come on. No guys have the spark at all they sing dont connect and all are pitchy. Nobody has "NAILED" it yet. The girls will have to kill it tonight to keep me watching because if this keeps up there will be nobody watching by the end of the season.

March 3, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  35. khask7

I really like watching American Idol everyyear but this year it's so boring... compared to past years do you guys really think any of the contestant has any pontential... look at the judges they themselves do see any potential this year contenstants... I think American idol has already touched it's peak and now the down turn is just started. Paula is gone, simon is going next season, do you guys think Kara and jackson can run the show, I doubt it. May be I will start watching after top 12 but right now , it's not worth it

March 3, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  36. katlind

Michael Lynch & Lee Dewyze were my faves...but still didn't blow me away...I think the if the girls bring their game tonight it will be interesting....but they gotta do something with Ellen! She just doesn't fit!!!

March 3, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  37. r schier

If this show isn't finished......it certainly should be......way past it's sale date at this point.....

March 3, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  38. tea trussardi

Dont the judges feel any sense of responsibility for foisting this group on the American public? After watching both groups last week and the men again last night, one is left to wonder if indeed these are the best unknown young singers in America today

Kelly’s performance last night should put an end to the Achuleta 2.0 crock of crap the producers were trying to foist onto the public this year. It was a nonstarter to begin. After watching his and the other guys' performances last night, that ship has sailed. At this same point in the top 20 week in his season, he brought us the stunning ”Imagine”. Revisit that performance video on youtube, then compare/contrast Kelly’s performance or any of the guys, and tell us with a straight face if any of them should be allowed to even carry his microphone.

This is the most boring, mediocre group of contestants on idol in years. The season Jordan Sparks takes the cake. Andrew Garcia is closer to becoming this season’s Sundance Head than Kelly is to becoming the next Archie. Urban (who will surely make it to top 10 thus ensuring he goes on tour for the teenyboppers' delight), Lambert, James (pretty nervy to sing the same song Bo Bice and Elliot Yamin sang already!) are there for merely for eye candy. Todrick, Jermaine and John Park have no chance whatsoever because they aren’t cute puppy dog eyed white guys who will cause the idol voter to forget their obvious vocal deficiencies and the rest are just blaaah. Lee was so pitchy and undeserving of the pimp spot it made my head hurt. Lynche was the only bright spot last night showing us glimpses of what a good performance on idol should be. These guys, as a whole are subpar compared to past male contestants, as is idol. I think the show is about to kick the bucket (smart move by Simon to jump ship after this season) because the girls aren’t that much better.

Now, I need a steaming cup of coffee.

March 3, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  39. robert

Idol always has some up and down seasons. Last year good this year okay.

March 3, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  40. Bubba

Lee DeWyze was really good. He has a magnatism to him that makes me like him. He will go far.

March 3, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  41. laura

casey james all the way!

March 3, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  42. ella

I think Lee has potential, and I do think Alex Lambert has a great voice but he needs to get rid of the Mrs Brady haircut. Andrew Garcia I kind of liked at the beginning but not to actually watch him, and showing his wife the Rhianna wanna be in the audience does not help. I know a lot of people like Michael Lynch, but I think he is incredibly boring.

March 3, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  43. Mary

The only guy with a chance (and that is only if he stops looking like he hates being there)is Dewyze. And he isn't blowing anyone's sox off. Think about last year by now we were all saying Alison, Adam, Kris, and a few others. Can you say that this year only girl who's name I remember is Bowersox and I think she is pretty good..

But what a sad sad fiasco. I think everyone should stop blaming the Ellen though. Ellen isn't what is wrong with the show. There age limit is one, only so many great singers in one age bracket after this many years just lounge singers left.

But what is missing this year to me is even a good not great singer can hold your attention if they are a performer. No one is a performer this year.

Time to hang it up I think.

March 3, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  44. scottie

My faves are still my faves – Andrew Garcia, while not phenomenal, is still the best talent there. Casey is flirting with success, but his voice isn't as strong as it could be – it's like he was restrained or something. I thought Toddrick did a great rendition of "What's Love Got To Do With It", but the judges keep giving him conflicting info. Dance and move. Don't dance and move, just sing. They look for standouts, but then accuse them of screwing up the arrangement (thank you Randy). When someone stays true to the song, then they're accused of not being original. Lambert and Dewyze are overrated. Dewyze sounds like every other "rock" band out there today with the gravelly vocals and Lambert . . .he's got nothing but a mullet.

March 3, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  45. Pauline Chenowith

The judges need to clear the brain. They first tell the contestents to make a song more original, their own. Then next time.....just sing it the way it is.

March 3, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  46. Sam

Mike, the judges give the same confusing advice every year. It's not new this year. They really need to be either clearer on what they mean by changing up asong and making it your own or they have to stop critizing contestants for doing it. I think it would be fair if they said they didn't like the way it was done, But don't tell the contestant not to change a song after you tell contestants time and time again to make a song their own, put your own stamp on it.

March 3, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  47. Sam

I have to wonder if Ellen is behaving the way she is because that's what the producers want? Perhaps the same is true for Kara. If that's the case, the producers need to smarten up and let the two be who they are.

I don't think the talent pool in the US has dried up. There are a lot of talented people, they just didn't seem to choose them for the show or they didn't come out to audition for the show.

March 3, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  48. YEC

George, I'm looking forward to seeing what Siobhan does tonight as well. She totally surprised me last week! Where the guys are concerned, I liked Casey from his first audition, and I'm beginning to like Lee a lot. Tim and Alex both showed massive improvement, so I think they are safe this week. That first week is always the hardest.

March 3, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  49. Shabaz

It's so sad!. You watch idol with the best intentions. Hoping to see an Archiletta, a David Cook, Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey, Alison Iraheta, even someone like Jason Castro or Anoop Dog... But there is nothing!!! There is no brilliance anywhere !!

Noone stands out.! The most you can say is , maybe that last one has potential if only...!

How did these people get selected ? Is it Cowell's devious plan to get people to sign off on idol in the hope that they flock to his X Factor with Paula Abdul ?

And why the hell is Kara La Guardia still a judge ? She turns you off everytime she speaks. She comes off as a smartass trying to show they have a nice side.

Ellen is getting better now she is not trying to be serious and pretending to be a music expert... But this show has become sad...very sad. I guess it started sinking the moment KA won.

March 3, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  50. Andy

It's now two weeks in a row that Michael informed us that he can bench 505. I'll give him props for a good performance but he is coming off as arrogant and that might lose him some votes. Casey played a great guitar but the vocals were bad. I agree with an earlier post about giving props to Tim Urban, he did a much better job and I actually voted for him. Lee has a great tone to his voice but hasn't put it all together yet.Jermaine has got to go! Male Diva. Todrick seems like a nice guy but isn't that good and John Park is boring. Andrew has been a huge disappointment. The mullet guy was better this week, but I still am not a fan and Aaron was good but I think the country format he did the first week suits him more.

March 3, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  51. turbobody

...how boring is this show now anyway? ...Ellen has made things come to a screeching halt. ...when Simon leaves you might as well say bye bye.

March 3, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  52. Polly

I know that is is my last year watching Idol since Simon will be gone next year.This year is really boring and the other judges get on my nerves and after Simon leaves there will be no reason to watch anymore!

March 3, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  53. Polly

I think the performances this year are pathetic! I'm so bored with the show I keep turning it off. They need to really step it up.

March 3, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  54. The Banker

My wife and I have watched the show since season one. Even attended the top 10 show when they came to our state. Always enjoyed getting to know the contestants and watch them get stronger and stronger show after show. We really knew the contestants well (almost like friends) and would debate and debate who should stay and who should go. To this day I'll go onto YouTube to watch Kelly Clarkson's AI performances. Incredible! Always enjoyed listening to Simon. This year is different. We're not connecting with any of the contestants. While I think Ellen is hysterical on her own show, she does seem to be out of place on AI. She just isn't funny and she doesn't know anything about music. When she does throw out a line, it seems to be misplaced and falls flat. Simon seems to already have left the show. Many times the camera shows him with that expression of frustration/disinterest/disgust on his face like he's saying 'I rather be somewhere else.' Not that Simon could ever have been described as 'warm and fuzzy' but he did at times in the past say something positive and displayed that coy smile. This year Simon is almost all virtually negative, negative, negative showing his frustration. I'm OK with Kara. At least she has personality. And Randy, who I do like and who probably provides the most insightful comments, has got to change his 'Yo dog' line to something else.

I think the talent pool has run dry and Simon – the brilliant businessman he is – recognized that last year, deciding to leave. Simon probably should have left at the end of last year rather than act as he is acting which is not helping the show. Every show has a beginning, a middle and an end. After an incredible run this could be the end of AI. We'll see!

March 3, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  55. Franny

This is one of the worst groups that has ever been chosen for Idol. I'm glad I decided not to watch this year, because there are many other good programs on, and Idol is not one of them.

March 3, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  56. Cathy Garrett

The show is boring!

Big Mike is trying to be another Ruben? Not even close, dude.

The judges made a mistake, go back and get the real singers.

March 3, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  57. Just A Thought

The one thing that's driving me crazy is the judges!! One minute it's you changed the song too much, don't change the song just sing....Then just a few singers later....you need to change the song and make it your own. Which is it?? Make up your minds already!!

The song Andrew Garcia sang – Straight Up – was totally different than the original and the judges are always talking about that! They contradict themselves through the whole show!

I think Todrick did a good job with his song, and liked the version. I'm not saying it was star power, but still good as most of the others, better than a few.

March 3, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  58. Amy

Worst part about the show so far is the judges. Randy makes no sense, Ellen lost, Kara looks horrible and Simon wants the heck out of there!

March 3, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  59. Just A Thought

Jason, I think your right! on at least 2 of your three. I'm still on the fence about Alex Lambert, and now I'm not so sure about Casey. I thought Lee Dewyze was a dark horse starting out, but now He does indeed have a voice I could listen too! I think he is the top among the guys right now!

March 3, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  60. show dog mom

What happened, did nasty Crystal blow another tooth? LOL
    Actually after Adam Lambert, every single one of these guys is booooorrring!

March 3, 2010 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  61. scroo yoo

maybe this cowpie of a show will get canceled,then i wouldnt be subject to the horrible commercials for it that are always on.

March 3, 2010 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  62. Lizzy

Kara needs to stop..... JUST STOP!!!!! YOU ARE TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!

March 3, 2010 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  63. Booboo

Lee is the best but he needs to work on his confidence and stage presence. Carrie Underwood was wooden when she was on Idol but she sure changed after she won so there is hope for him.

Ellen is a "customer's" judge which I think is good for all of us – those that would buy the records, etc. She may not have the music background but she is one of us.

March 3, 2010 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  64. Jason

There are 3 guys who I can see in the finals this year –

Lee Dewyze, Alex Lambert, and Andrew Garcia.

The only ones I've seen who have solid potential.

March 3, 2010 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  65. JJ

This show is still on?

March 3, 2010 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  66. Max

I haven't seen ANY stars yet. Not guys or girls. *Mayyybe* the Taylor-Swift wanna-be with the long hair, or the little 16yr old guy (cause the pre-teenies will wanna put him on their walls), and that's about it.

I have no interest at all to watch this rubbish anymore.

March 3, 2010 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  67. George

I think there's something very interesting about Siobhan Magnus. I"m not sure whether American Idol or a David Lynch film is the right place for her, but I am really looking forward to seeing what she does tonight.

March 3, 2010 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  68. TinLV

Personally, I think Micheal Lynch is good.. and getting better. And he has stage presence and personality, something lacking in most of the guys tonight. That said, most of the girls better than any of the guys.. so I think a girl wins it this year. I'm hoping they girls step up and wow everybody tomorrow night. Tonight was pretty boring. Micheal went first and nobody topped him. It was all downhill from there. Ratings are going to slide even more this year if no standouts emerge.

March 3, 2010 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  69. Chickencornpow

Wow what a retarded mess! Ellen just doesn't fit as a judge and Kara is all over Simon and she seems a bit ugly (looks and tone) each episode. This show is doomed!! Simon is leaving because he knows Americas talent pool is dried up with just shower singers.
    We have to many singers out there but none comes close to greats like Neil Diamond or Barry Manilow!

March 3, 2010 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  70. Shaman Nora

Gabe, hell, Adam wowed me in his audition last year.

March 3, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  71. Shaman Nora

This is the weakest season so far. Yawn. Two, maybe three of the guys, might have what it takes. Michael, Casey, Tim. I emphasize "might". Ellen doesn't fit the show. She's great in stand-up, but not on Idol. (And Ellen, please, the way the dark eyeliner is put on your eyes doesn't work, either).

March 3, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  72. Conny Van Dyke

Michael Lynche.
    That's it.

March 3, 2010 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  73. judy

ths season , american Idol is not as exciting as it used to be. I think the show is getting old. May be it is about to have a new show.

March 3, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  74. Mike Jones from Indiana

It is rough this year, no doubt.
    You gotta give props to Tim Urban tonight...he at least came back. And he did quite well in my opinion.

I am sick of Big Mike - his personality wore me out early on.

And Mr. Special Ed is not the best singer of the guys. He is more pitchy than any of them. Sure, he can blow some good notes, but the ones he misses on actually make my ears hurt. I don't get why Simon has such a hard-on for him.

The 16 year old with the mullet has some chops. He can really sing.

The judges are really giving out some crappy advice this year and mixed messages "Don't change the song." "You gotta change the song and make it your own." blah blah blah

Kara looked hot tonight. They do need to stop that dumb love affair drama...that guy is actually getting hurt by all those vibes. It is dumb.
    He is a good singer. Let him sing without all the teenage drama.

March 2, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Whit

I think American Idol as a television show may be (to quote Simon) "be in trouble". So far this year, it has not been fun or entertaining for me to watch. The talent is just not there this year, & the chemistry & the lively spark amongst the judges from previous years is missing as well. Ellen DeGeneres doesn't bring the musical knowledge, spark, & energy to the judging process that Paula Abdul did. Don't you think the judges & producers are even more disappointed and frustrated with the lack of talent than the TV audience? The producers have got to be second-guessing their decision to let Paula go. Her energy level would have made the mediocre talent more interesting to watch. Let's hope the girls do better than the guys did....

March 2, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Sherri

I'm waiting for someone to standout. There doesn't seem to be any David Cooks or Carrie Underwoods or Chris Daughtrys here.........this is not good.

March 2, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  77. gabe

Adam was already wowing everybody this time, the 2nd week, last year!

March 2, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Dave

Ellen looks like a cadaver! Simon doesn't seem to give a hoot. This years contestants are boring and quite frankly "forgettable"! Maybe American idol is going through menopause and will come back stronger but the writing on the wall, already with this season reads we're on our way out. Simon is leaving and the other three are useless without him.

March 2, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Ray

What's up with Ellen DeGeneres? I thought she would add flair and fun to the show, but she is just another boring, serious judge. We have enough of those. I miss Paula! I always looked forward to her expressive comments. Ellen doesn't even move to the music. She is just way to serious.

March 2, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  80. KaraSucks

i had to turn it off...Kara has gotten worse this year with her flirty with simon...trying to act like Paula...pleaseeeeeee get rid of Kara....bring back the original cast...Randy Paula and Simon and then you'll have some viewers

March 2, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Ron

From what I've seen so far, I would say that "Idol" may be in trouble. This season may be why Simon is bailing out. There is no Adam Lambert, no Bo Bice, no Chris Daughtry, no Carrie Underwood, not even a Jessica Sierra. I have been a fan since season 1 and can barely remember anyone's name this season. You've got to be kidding. From all they had to choose from, these are the top 24 in the entire country. Right now I record "Biggest Loser" to watch later. If tomorrow is not an improvement, it may be the other way around next week. Sorry, not being rude, just honest.

March 2, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Jeffrey

I can't even watch this anymore. Between the lack of talent and Randy Jackson it is truly unbearable.

March 2, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Pat

I agree. No one guys or girls wowed me. I hope they do get better, otherwise I will not watch.

March 2, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Sam

No one really thrilled me this week. As you say it was better than last week, but last week was so bad.

Let's hope the ladies blow it out of the water tomorrow.

March 2, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |