March 2nd, 2010

'Idol' back with the Top 20

testing captions
testing captions

I am trying to venture into tonight with an open mind after last week's fiasco.

The men are singing tonight in place of the women since Crystal Bowersox had a medical issue which prevented her from performing. Get well soon "Mama Sox!"

Ryan Seacrest is back to the full suit and tie look. Me likey.

He once again reminds us that the contestants future is in our hands. Ahh the pressure!

Here we go.

« Previous entry
  1. Magee

I looked in a couple of times since this season began. It couldn't hold my attention. Time to pull the curtain. Boring..........

March 5, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. renae wilson

This is the worse 24 idol picks in the show's history. This this season last with high ratings, it only means nobody have anything to watch or just plain bored to death. You had strong singer that America got to witness but was helpless in picking. Trust me when I say my 12 year old son can singer better than the garbage that was picked this season. The very worse in Idol's history.

March 5, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  3. Art

American Idol – mediocrity at its best. Just another indicator of the dumbing of America. Have any of these kids taken their education seriously?

It is so, so stupid to place all your eggs in making it big in the E industry, when so very, very few make it. Kids, try working your brain as much as you do your vocals.

March 5, 2010 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. Chris

I actually found the performances tolerable last night: a few lows, a few highs, Lee, Todric, and Casey are at the top of my list at the present. The one thing that is really grating on me and getting old right now are the judges. While I usually appreciate the comedic timing of "E" she really isn't a good fit for the show. She's insecure and doesn't add much except filler to what the other judges have said. I've always thought "don't speak unless you can improve the silence" ...perhaps they need to consider the idea that not every judge needs to speak every single time? Kara seems to have finally come into her own. While she can be a bit annoying I find that she says different things each time instead of sounding like a broken record. It also really amazed me how unified they were in their dislike of Todric Hall's performance. Sure, it was different, and there is something to be said for simplicity but I can't tell you how many times I've heard them tell contestants to change up the song and make it their own. My wife and I both thought we must have been listening to a completely different performance. Well, wouldn't be the first time they got it wrong.

March 3, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. robert

The guys have improved from last week.

March 3, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. Just A Thought

Sorry, kirk, But there are at least 3 guys that are just as good as the girls. IMO, Lee Dewyze is probably one of the best overall. He has a great voice, and as the judges said, he could be a voice heard on the radio right noe!

March 3, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. Spa

This is by far the worst crop of male singers I have ever seen on Idol. Considering that they supposedly audition literally thousands of contestants and this is the best? I certainly don't get it. The commercial breaks were better than the performances last nite.

March 3, 2010 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. Kimmbo

Lisa, Urban is going to be safe and you can flip out all you want. Are you tune deaf, what qualification do you have to be a critique? you are as much a critique as Eeee, may be. Simon was bang on in his critique on Urban, in odd with all three other judge. That's why Simon is simon. He was right in agreeing with Kara on one other contestant, forgot his name, or what he sang while Randy and Eeee didn't like him. Tim and the last guy, I guess chubby with blue eyes pulling up his pants constantly, may be the last two males remaining, even when I have not heard the girls sing, for my prediction.

March 3, 2010 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. kirk

i'm so disapointed in idol this year. i was really into can't wait till it start airing and when they did the audition went okay now it down to the final 24. all 12 of the boys sucks, and only 3 or 4 of the girls have a chance of winning and that don't mean they have a future in making records because i hear better than all of them at our karoake bar.i'm sorry but this is the worst season i have ever seen. if they can't step up to the plate and put on a badass performanceand give me a reason to watch them next week. the old man that came on with sagging pants on the ground runs circle around the boys.i'm beginning to believe this might be idol last year.

March 2, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jay

easily the worse review of anything i've read. i hope they don't pay you to talk shit.

March 2, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sharon

I don't know what program the judges are watching this year but as faithful Idol fans what a load of garbage so far again tonight.

March 2, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. protogere

I really hope Tim shows us why he is still around. I'm excited about tonight Lisa!

March 2, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |