March 1st, 2010

'Idol's" Andrew Garcia is a YouTube star

testing captions
testing captions

Andrew Garcia is not only a favorite this season on “American Idol,” he’s also a hit on YouTube.

Even before the Moreno Valley, California, resident placed in “‘Idol’s” Top 24, his homemade performance videos had already been viewed by thousands on the Web site. Garcia can be seen performing some of the songs he has sung on the hit show, including Adele’s “Chasing Pavements” and Maroon 5’s “Sunday Morning,” as well as an original song, “Live and Learn.”

Garcia emerged early in the competition as a potential front-runner and strengthened his fan base during Hollywood week with an acoustic version of former judge Paula Abdul’s hit, “Straight Up.”

The original page with Garcia’s videos has been removed since he made it into the Top 20, but a few fans have gathered many of them on a YouTube channel called “Andrew Garcia on American Idol.”

« Previous entry
  1. Anon

The show is a dud.

March 3, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jillian Empress

I think he is the winner he is the best,he has my votes.

March 3, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. skittles

looks dont matter idoits hes awesome

March 3, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sharon

Dreadful show again

March 2, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Barbara

He is one of my favorites!! I love Casey James too!!

March 2, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. lald

he is very ugly with his fat butt

March 2, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sharing the 16 yr. old filipino thankful for being a part of Pinoy Got Talent, Philippines

Pilipinas Got Talent Faithfully by Jovit Baldivino 16-year old boy Journey American Idol

JOVIT BALDIVINO FACEBOOK FAN PAGE http://www.facebook.com/pag... Jovit Fan Page Here Pilipinas Got Talent Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pag... PGT Fan Page Here Download MP3 Version http://www.m...

JOVIT BALDIVINO FACEBOOK FAN PAGE http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jovit-B...
    Jovit Fan Page Here
    Pilipinas Got Talent Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pilipin...Pilipinas Got Talent Faithfully Jovit Baldivino Batangas
    This is a video response to Jovit Baldivino on TV Patrol World March 02

March 2, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jo Navarro

My husband is watching AI this season for the first time because of Andrew Garcia. He reminds us of our lost son with his sound and strings. You go, Andrew, and show these people what true 'feeling for the music' is. He is great.

March 2, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. gina

He's definitely my favorite this season. I thought it was hilarious that Idol actually tried to be tricky by having Andrew be the last Top 24 chosen. Yeah, right!! If he didn't make the Top 24 than this show would lose any credibility it still might have. I hope Andrew Garcia wins the season, but I definitely predict at least a Top 3 finish for him.

March 2, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. hills-jury

I'm not a fan of AI, I watch it sporatically. I saw Garcia's performance and am willing to stomach AI to watch him. He seems grounded, a regular guy trying to make it. I just hope that all the tweens and teens vote for talent instead of cuteness.

March 2, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ella

I remember stumbling across some of his videos before Idol, and he is not someone you can forget! He has amazing vocals and seems to be a genuine person who actually loves music AND wants to help his family out. Forget the girls winning this season... I'm rooting for him all the way.

March 2, 2010 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  12. mushymushroom

He's image screams cool!!!!!! :)

I like Tyler as well, but he was voted off...
    Goodluck to you, though I have the biggest crush on Casey James <3

March 2, 2010 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

Simply the best.... talented, cool vibe and trying to follow his passion. It would be very cool to have someone like him win and not a fabricated "idol"

March 1, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. edw

There are only a handful of people this year that I like. Not only do I like him, but i think his is very talented and I HOPE he doesn't get voted off. Last week was a mistake. Stop voting for cute, people.

March 1, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. robert

He is one of the few bright spots on Idol this season. Idol does not seem to be as good this year.

March 1, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Christina

loooooooooove Andrew Garcia before American Idol and he'll be even more amazing after.

March 1, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Head Diva In Charge

I really like this guy, and he again, seems like one of those great talents that wouldn't have had a chance if not for A.I. Hate or love the show – it does help a handful of talented kids.

March 1, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |