February 25th, 2010

'Twilight' fans: I'm seeing 'Remember Me' for the trailers

Not everyone on “Team Edward” was excited when their beloved Robert Pattinson announced his role as Emilie de Ravin’s on-screen love interest in his new romantic drama, “Remember Me” - out March 12.

Some “Twilight” fans even decided to boycott the movie. And it wasn’t because they didn’t want to watch their favorite Brit heat up the big screen for approximately 128 minutes.

But when Summit Entertainment tweeted February 18, “The #EclipseTrailer will play with REMEMBER ME in theatres on March 12!” “Twilight” fans began whistling to a different tune.

“I was'nt going to watch it...as its going to be SUPER weired watching Rob on screen woth some one else other than Kristen..but now i am so going to see it...i am soooooooooo exited for it..” “Twilight” fan Kaila wrote on Twilighters.org.

Megan M., another fan who posted to Twilighters.org, wrote, “I was undecided to see it only cause theres no love story better that Twilight. But now I SOOOOOOO AM!!!!!!!!!”

Twilighters.org’s Georgia Tena said premiering the “Eclipse” trailer with “Remember Me” was a smart idea.

“Having the [“Eclipse”] trailer in front of “Remember Me” is definitely a big incentive to go see the film, especially for those who were undecided on watching the film,” Tena wrote in an e-mail to CNN. “This is the first video footage that we'll be seeing from the Eclipse movie and that's very exciting. It will also attract more fans to go see it at midnight or opening weekend. I know I'll be there at midnight.”

And for the fans who can’t bear to see their favorite vampire with someone other than Bella - yet, are unable to justify spending $9 on a movie ticket just to watch the trailer - there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

The Ultimate Fan Edition of “New Moon,” to be released at Wal-Mart March 20, will feature a sneak-peak of “Eclipse.”

Maggie Sistachs, who said she’s “100 percent on ‘Team Edward,' ” is excited to see Pattinson play a “real life” character - in other words, a character who’s not a wizard or a vampire.

However, Sistachs will not be waiting in line for “Remember Me” tickets at midnight like she did when “Twilight” and “New Moon” were released.

The third installment in the “Twilight” saga, "Eclipse," will be released June 30.

Post by:
Filed under: Twilight

Next entry »
  1. Str8 Outta Tx

then again i was high and had the munchies.

March 1, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Str8 Outta Tx

yeah and it costs like $7-$8 just to get in the movies now. not to mention if you get hungry or thirsty during a long boring ass movie. i once spent like 30dollars on snacks and drinks.

March 1, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dave

It's a bit silly to watch a movie just for the trailer, seeing how the trailer will be available to view online.

March 1, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Crystal

wow, people, just wow. I agree with everyone who says TWIhard fans are idiots! This guy is NOT actually Edward...he is allowed to star with other women, just as Kristen is NOT actually Bella, and therefore is allowed to star with other men! It's absolutely sick than people think this way! This is just as crazy as when people went all ballistic because the 2 stars from the Notebook broke up in real life...it's like people think they are the characters they play and only the characters they play...come out of your tiny little boxes and face reality!

March 1, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  5. Anna

A actor is somebody who can became any body on a movie and do it right to see Robert Pattinson only in twilight is no good because is just one side of him and he wont grow on his acting style like Kristen Stewart even know she got different movies her acting is the same no different from Bella in twilight but I wish I can see them in a accion movie and them we are going to see how good actors they are.

March 1, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. Str8 Outta Tx

didn't this guy play cedric diggory in harry potter?
    maybe he will get to expand a little by playing a realistic character.
    19/m/tx, and i like twilight. just hope the movies get better with eclipse. need to see some action. as literature, they are some of the best books i've ever read, but as a movie they have something to prove

TEAM Rosalie

March 1, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Seriously?

If some people hate Twilight and Robert Pattinson so bad...why are they reading the articles?
    The books were awesome and so were the movies. I look forward to seeing Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I will also see Remember Me.

March 1, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jodie

I can't wait to see Remember Me, it looks like a pretty good movie. The fact that the Eclipse trailer is playing in front of it, is a huge bonus.

Robert Pattinson is an amazing actor, and has been great in every movie I've seen him in. I will more than likely see any movie this man stars in.

Reading the Twilight books, Rob completely personifies Edward to me. Everyone has their own vision of "Edward" and I'm amazed at how well Rob portrays my vision of Edward.

Keep the movies coming, Rob. I look forward to them all.

March 1, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  9. enviro

This is just stupid. You go to one site, talk to a few folks and decide you have a story? All the twilighters I know are very much looking forward to RM and were before the trailer thing was announced. I'm delighted to see him in a different role and looking forward to his long, successful career in films. I think people who have been dismissing him really want to keep him in the Twilight box, but it's just not going to work.

February 28, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. queenie luna

as far as i know a person or a fans are not stupid if they are going to idolized an actor..robert pattison is very handsome and worthy in everything that he has right now as much as acting career is concerned..as so as taylor lautner as well..i just love them..love you guyz..wink!!!

February 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. not-just-a-dumb-twilighter

P. S. I'm seeing Remember Me because I WANT to, not for Robert (eww) Pattinson. I don't feel bad for him at all.

February 28, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. not-just-a-dumb-twilighter

As a Twilight fan, I have to say I'm not all that into Robert Pattinson... I think he's a total creep. I saw the trailer for Remember Me when I saw New Moon. (I personally hated the first Twilight film, and loved New Moon, just because Taylor Lautner's acting was totally worth seeing it... and because it was better than the first film.) I told my mom right after seeing New Moon that I wanted to see Remember Me, and she checked out, and much to my surprise, she said she really wanted to see it as well. Remember Me looks VERY good, in a totally not-Twilight perspective.

I'm not a STUPID Twilight fan. I really love the books, I don't think the actors ARE the characters, I'm not really all that into the actors, and I don't obsess over it. I'm actually done with re-reading the books. (I only do that when I have absolutely NOTHING else to read.)

And in my opinion, Robert Pattinson is TERRIBLE in Twilight. He's not a good Edward at all. As far as the movies, I'm Team Jacob. And as far as the actors who portray them, Team Taylor.

February 28, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. Belinda

I am looking forward to Remember Me, it looks promising, as alot of people have said Robert is an actor...it doesn't matter who he's lead lady is, he is an actor...yes, he will be remembered for the Twilight Series, but seriously, i love the books and the first movie but I thought New Moon was a little emo, the book isn't that way at all...you have to learn how to focus on the book more...stop getting in the way of the fame of the books or whatever, if you could write a script correctly I would be happy. I don't want Ellipse to be messed up like New Moon but I will always love the books because the books are the true story but the movies just put the visual in your head.

February 28, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. Melissa

OMG.... I'm a fan of the series. I've read the books many times and in actuality, Robert is one of the ones I liked least of all in the movie (Nikki Reed being the other), probably because I do not like the character of Edward.

I appreciate that they can only do so much with a horridly written script but still, I don't repsect the talent people think he has. Dakota Fanning? She's scary talented... and Robert Pattinson can't hold her water bottle.

The Twilight Saga is a bad series of films, acted poorly just due to mediocre direction and bad writing. That being said, it's still supposed to be the actors job to be better and elevate. Some can, others? Forgot Robert Pattinson, he won't be around when he's 30. Focus on what little undiscovered talent actually exists in the movie and just let him do this thing... his 15 minutes are ticking down fast.

February 27, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Byakko

Sounds like Twilight Fans aren't fond of their cliche vampire working on other movies. My god let him expand his horizons, he's got a lot more talent apparently than he's letting on in the Twilight Films (apparently he's a pretty talented musician).

February 27, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Natalie in Land o Lakes Fla

I plan to see whatever film I can see Robert Pattinson in. He was perfect as Edward, and will be again, but I am a fan of Robert. I plan to support his work any chance I get.

February 27, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. V

HA! i'm so excited to see Remember Me and to see the new Eclipse Trailor! GO Mr. Pattinson!!! LOVED you in Little Ashes and How to Be!!!!

February 26, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jon

Twilight is almost as lame as Jersey Shore. "OMG TEAM EDWARD"....get a life

February 26, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Str8 Outta Tx

drake/ lil wayne "ransom"

February 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Str8 Outta Tx

February 26, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  21. Debra K Cox

I'm going to see Remember Me NOT for the trailer...those that thought about boycotting the film because they can't see "Edward"
    with someone else..GET A LIFE!!! I will not miss Eclipse when it comes out or Breaking Dawn BUT I do know they are only MOVIES!!!

February 26, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  22. getalife

Twilight fans all live in the Twilight Zone.

February 26, 2010 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  23. Don't care for Twilight

I find it funny that people are serious when they say there's no greater love story than Twilight. I can name a few off the top of my head that are indeed better than Twilight.

On topic, I may not like the Twilight series, but I do feel bad for Rob who has these psychotic fans that will only see him in Twilight and will shun him for playing anything else.

February 26, 2010 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  24. Variety

From Variety...
    Alice' movie trailer views up 52%
    Pattinson starrer 'Remember' in second place
    By DANA HARRIS

"Alice In Wonderland" movie trailer shot up by 52% this week to reach 2.5 million views, claiming first place now that prior competitors "Dear John" and "Valentine's Day" are out of the ranks.
    "Remember Me," Summit's upcoming drama starring Robert Pattinson, shot up to second place from sixth with a 43% increase.

February 25, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. kate

For every 1 Twilight fan that will see RM for Eclipse trailer,there are 500 that will go see it to see Rob show his acting chops and to see him as a sexy human! Can't wait til March 12.

February 25, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  26. missy l.

Earth to stupid Twilight fans...Robert Pattinson is NOT Edward Cullen. CNN...if you want REAL Robert fans and not 12 year olds, don't go to lame Twilight sites...go to Robert's IMDb board and his other sites where real fans of his get their info and discuss his career which is on fire right now. Edward who?

February 25, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  27. crazy

Agree with Allichat...the fanatical tweenyboppers may be saying this but Rob's adult fans(and yes he has PLENTY) are really looking forward to seeing Rob in this role,he looks fantastic and early buzz is that he is very strong in this,not to mention the strong supporting cast and strong storyline.Going with my husband opening night and taking my 14 yr old daughter and friends that Sat.

February 25, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  28. emcee

Good lord. I knew Twihards were idiots but this just confirms it. The dude is an ACTOR who will be playing many different roles and will have other leading ladies other than Kristen Stewart. He has her in real life if that makes the Twifreaks feel better although it seems they hate her as his real life girlfriend so he can't win. BTW, I liked Twilight and NM a lot and think Pattinson is poised to become a major leading man. He is getting excellent preliminary reviews from critics for his performance in Remember Me.

February 25, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Lizzy

Lynn, I agree 100% w/you at young age of 55. I would love to see him as 007 in about 10 years, he would be great in that role or any other one. Like you said that smile just floors you.... :)

Can't wait for REMEMBER ME, we all will for a very long time. Here;s hopping that all fans show up on 3/12 and lets make it better box office weekend then New Moon. Lets show the HATES that our boy can act, something we already know for long time now. And then there is Eclipse,,, Bel-Ami.... be still my heart...

Good luck Rob!!! We're all rooting for you.

February 25, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Melissa

"Edward who? Isn't this dude Cedric Diggery?"

Ha ha, YES! Us Harry Potter friends were obsessed with Rob way before Twilight.

And I too wish people would give Pattinson more of a chance. He is just about the only good actor in the Twilight Saga and as someone who LOVED the books, I can honestly say he does Edward's character justice.

And now that I know the script of Remember Me is by the same screen writer as Rachel Getting Married, I will most definitely see it. Probably not until the libraries get it that is (yes, libraries have DVDs).

February 25, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Lynn

I think Rob Pattinson has the potential of becoming a Big Star if given half the chance. Remember he is only 23 and just starting out. You have to separate the Character from the "Actor". I just hope he chooses the right scripts. I can't wait for Eclipse to come out, however, I also am looking forward to seeing Remember Me. I see something in Rob that is going to go very far in Hollywood. I call him the Man of many faces. You can't just look at the personal relationship with Kristen Stewart which we all know he is having but as an actor that can have other relationships with other women when acting. If you are all mature in your hearts you all know this.
    Rob Pattinson, Good Luck and Be Smart! I am 56 yrs old and I have such a crush on Rob. The only other time I had such a crush was on the Actor Fabian. P.S. Rob I just love your smile!

February 25, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Alichat

Ok....hello.....speak with an adult next time, instead of a tween. Not all Twilight fans are doing this asinine boycott crap or only going to see 'Remember Me' for the 'Eclipse' trailer.

Personally, I'm excited to see him in another mainstream film other than Twilight. Plus I'm a huge fan of Pierce Brosnan and Emilie De Ravin......and having Lena Olin and Chris Cooper in the film.....with script work by Jenny Lumet (Rachel Getting Married)......I'm definitely going to see it.

February 25, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Killer MeowMeow

i agree with silly people.

February 25, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Come On

Seriously. The twilight movies aren't even good. The books are so much better. These movies will easily go down in history as poorly written, directed, acted, and produced. The books should never have been turned into films.

At any rate, I'm ready to see Pattison do some real acting. The trailers for "Remember Me" look promising.

Here's to the Twilight series coming to an end so Kristen Stewart and the rest of the cast can do good films (Remember "Panic Room" and
    "Speak"). Again, I love the books, but the movies are just ridiculous. Seriously.

February 25, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Gabrius

Edward who? Isn't this dude Cedric Diggery?

February 25, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Silly people

I think it's ridiculous that people don't want to see Robert with anyone else. Poor guy...he is an actor, he's not actually Edward Cullin...let him have a career outside of the Twilight Sage....he can do both! I will be going to see Remember Me because it actually looks like a good movie.

February 25, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Head Diva In Charge

I can't wait for "Eclipse", but I won't be wasting money on "Remember Me". I will YouTube it.

February 25, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |