February 24th, 2010

Official Madonna iPhone app totally cool, and totally free

Like a Twitter account, an iPhone app is a celebrity (or faux-celebrity) must-have.

Within the past year, there's been a slew of them: Diddy's app lets you know where he likes to eat; rapper Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em's app lets the user remix his songs; T-Pain's gives the gift of Auto-Tune and Britney Spears’s “It’s Britney!” app blurts out an expletive when you shake it.

Thrilling stuff, but the Material Girl's new official iPhone app just may top them all.

With a number of features, fans can stay up-to-date with nearly everything Madonna-related. There's a tab for news, her music videos, track downloads, photos (sorry, no Jesus, we checked) and even what her fans are saying about her on the fan page.

True, the "It's Britney!" app does much of the same, but here’s the crucial difference: Spears’s app is selling for $1.99 while Madonna’s is completely free.

Post by:
Filed under: Madonna • Music

1. Blue Eyed Knight

Mama: It means she is very talented!!

February 25, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. mama

Funny, after all the complaining people have done...she is still around. Hmm......wonder what THAT means?

February 24, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Str8 outta TX

oh my god... i seriously think this chick did some type of voodoo on me. i usually do the hip hop/r&b scene, but i like her music. this woman is beautiful to me. it's like i'm damn near obsessed. bad romance hypnotized me or something. lol:)another good thing other than her looks and music is that she can be like a freak, but then also knows how to be sophisticated as well.speaking of voodoo, you ladies have some type of control over men's thoughts/emotions or whatever. YOU KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE DOING! does someone want to let me in on how that shit works? i need to set up some kind of gaurd for myself.
    ===============================================
    dont get it twisted! im not some sick ass stalker or anything. i just like her alot, and my homeboys tease me about it. this is just how i express it by playing.
    ya dig?

February 24, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Str8 outta TX

over her! you were on point in that analysis.

February 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Robotboy

I'm still a fan. Pop music wouldn't be where it is today (and that includes Lady Gaga who is a fairly good imitation) if it weren't for Madonna. Like her or not you cannot deny her influence on pop culture.

Also, this was in the entertainment news section – not on the homepage. Entertainment news...

February 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jane

What the hell is that lump on her shoulder???? YIKES!

February 24, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Daniel V.

She's just a small town girl trying to make a go at it! Come on haters, please move on!

February 24, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cowgirlamy

I'll be getting it. Saw her in Houston and she was fantastic. Sold out stadium. Even my boyfriend liked the concert and he is a country boy.

February 24, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. alyson Griffith

Uhhh, YEAH!
    LOVE HER! Will listen to her til the day one of us dies (meaning her or me :)

February 24, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. goosey69

Ageism in America is sickening! And just because someone finds a path to God, it doesn't make them a freak. Grow up please.

February 24, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Pat

"Sometimes Tess, I sing and dance in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. . . .Never will."
    from the movie Working Girl

Madonna Rocks!!!!! Without her, there wouldn't be a Brittany or a Christina.

Either way – don't need the app.

February 24, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Josh

Madonna's tours are untouchable and her music is ever changing, fun to dance too and think about. Wherever Madonna goes, it's going to be fun so I will enjoy the app. Her 2009 tour is the biggest grossing tour of all time for a single artist and her latest single: "Celebration" was nominated for a 2010 Grammy for best Dance Recording. Not too bad I say! I always look forward to the next project.

February 24, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. over her!

It's all about Lady Gaga, Madonna is historic in sales and age but she is TIRED!
    She doesn't give ANYTHING away for free so she must be pretty desperate.
    I once loved her music,attitude etc but she has turned into a strange religious freak that she would have ripped to shreds in the height of her career.
    She has become her own joke, it's sad but it's time for her to go away .

February 24, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Andrew, a TRUE Madonna Lover

I LOVE MADONNA. And everything about her. I am sooooo excited to download this app and see what they've got for us Madonna fans. At 51, she is still touring (and shattering records, for that matter) and producing amazing, current singles with today's hottest artists. Love you, Madonna, and I wish you years of continued happiness and success! =]

February 24, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. goosey69

She is amazing. Her newer music...ever since about 2001 or so, is not mainstream or pop anymore. It's REALLY good stuff. They play it everywhere you go in Europe, but no where in the USA. As usual, Americans lack the taste for anything that isn't teenie bopper or hip- hop. Madonna in the meantime, is better than she ever was. Too bad I have a crackberry too. I wonder when will the carriers all offer the iphone? Hopefully SOON. We want in on the party.

February 24, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Chucklehead

The cool thing about the Madonna app is that every three to four weeks, it will change into something completely different.

February 24, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Andrew

This is shockingly far from news? It might win the prize for the most blatant PR crap I've ever read on this site.

February 24, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  18. David

Both the Spears and Madona APPS can take you to pictures of these stars in bikinis and sexy revealing outfits.

STRICTLY FORBIDDEN according to Apple. What a bunch of hipocrits.

February 24, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. DrewinPDX

love crap like this.. also check out the Snoop Dogg TomTom navigation app.. its friggin awesome!

February 24, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Debra

bwahahahaha two things that only work when they want to...I=phone and Madonna

February 24, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  21. tony vosh

trixie honey, dont be bitter and jealous...Madonna is FABULOUS..just look at facts:)

February 24, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  22. V

Madonna's last tour was actually the highest grossing tour by a solo artist (male or female) ever. So while her albums may not sell like they used to (though if you look at albums by other artists as many years into their career as her, she sells about the same), people still pay tons of money to go see her. Its easy to say she's washed up, a has been, etc but clearly the facts state otherwise.

February 24, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Ralph

What's a BlackBerry? :)

February 24, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Head Diva In Charge

Can't these people make a BlackBerry app! Grrrr!

February 24, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Trixie

She is a douche

February 24, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  26. annie f.

tour not tout!

February 24, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  27. annie f.

actually Christina can actually sing, unlike Broccoli (funny!). I think Madonna's last tour was the highest grossing tout that year.

February 24, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Wendy

IDK but it looks like she's had some Botox in this pic of her...she never looked as though she needed it in any other pics I've seen of her. She amazes me considering her age...she has a better body than some people half her age. Ok maybe she's a little obsessed, but I'm sure she's very healthy!

February 24, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  29. Str8 Outta Tx

no one i know listens to them either

February 24, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  30. Jake

Um yes...I think that is only obvious that she is the wealthiest female performer of all time. Her recent tour generated a crap load of money so I would say yes people still listen to her. She's an entertainer unlike Broccoli Spears and Christina Hagulara.

February 24, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  31. Str8 Outta Tx

does anyone even listen to her?

February 24, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |