February 24th, 2010

Kelly Osbourne on struggles with weight and drugs

Kelly Osbourne, who checked into rehab for drug and alcohol addiction three times, told US Weekly she had a harder time dealing with her weight.

“I took more hell for being fat than I did for being an absolute raging drug addict,” the former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant said. “I will never understand that.”

She recalls one painful incident involving a teenager who screamed “You’re fat” to her from a car window.

Osbourne, 25, who lost 42 pounds with portion control and exercise, said, “I’m really proud to look in the mirror and not hate every single thing I see.”

Osbourne’s diet and workout plan will be featured in US Weekly Friday.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities

1. Flor

You are beautiful, continue on for your determinations. good luck !

February 25, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. who cares

Hey, Its just wonderful how these fat drug addicts make headlines.... And were all so proud that she's loosing weight. Give me a break. WE all saw how you treated you body on your reality show, thanks to daddy... head diva is right... What ever happened to people getting praised for just doing the RIGHT thing... great, your off drugs, now do something that freaking matters with all your time and money looser!!!!

February 25, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Dawn

Congrats on the weight loss...now let's talk about the hair...

February 25, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mom of a teenager

Thank you for finding the strength to do what is right and to finally be a good role model because many teens in America are watching you. I followed your dad's example and was on the crazy train. Go Kelly!!!! ♥

February 25, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  5. sunday

you look great!!!!!!
    I love you.

February 24, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. boston red sox fan!!!

I'm confused... when I was a ragin alcoholic drug addict... I weigh 115 pounds soaking wet. Now I am 128... I am male btw. I guess my point is most drug addicts are thin... so???? still confused. lol

February 24, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. paul

Congrats!!! Truth that beauty and a great spirit will always be a great combination! Keep smiling, keep laughing and keep yourself happy!

February 24, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cindy

So happy for you Kelly! I'm sure your folks are SO proud of you for lots of reasons, but mainly because they see how you're trying to make your way in this world by doing it the right way.

Getting healthy and being happy are a great way to be. Keep up the good work.

FYI: You were wonderful on DWTS. I had never watched the show but was hooked watching you dance. You've grown into such a lovely young lady.

February 24, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jeff

By Today's standards, Marylin Monroe would be considered fat.Women are suposed to have curves. I don't think Kelley was ever Fat, just rounder. I blame the Media

February 24, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Marj

You go Kelly, I did not follow your life much until you were on DWTS I was rooting for you all the way. You are so cute, we all do stupid things growing up. I had a weight problem all my life, then I figured it out it is not about losing the weight as much as it is about being comfortable in your own skin and loving yourself. Once you can do that the weight will drop off. You are so lovable and easy to love, I don't even know you and I love you...love yourself as much as others love you....your worth it.

February 24, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Glenda Abdalla

Kelly, you were great on DWTS! I am proud of you! You have come a long way! Keep up the great work!

February 24, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Brett

Help, I'm nodding off reading this article.

February 24, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Daniel

Keep eating burgers....

For a place that calls Mac Donalds a "restaurant" you still have long ways to go.

February 24, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. mama

Kelly you have always been beautiful! How great they you now enjoy an excersize routine....shouldn't we all! LOL

February 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bza

i'd hit that...before and now.

love u kellz...

February 24, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Head Diva In Charge

Hey Moron Mark who wrote: " February 24th, 2010 2:35 pm ET

Because being overweight and offensive are the same thing, "head diva"?

NO – because she was a young foul mouthed girl who is growing into a beautiful healthy women. Not because she was over weight. Pay attention and use your reading comprehension.

Wow...and I was trying to be nicer for lent. :) – Joke.

February 24, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ian

Nice to see she's making efforts to be healthy, but she's still completely talentless. If her father wasn't Ozzy Osbourne, no one.... and I mean NO ONE would have EVER heard of Kelly.

February 24, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Smiley54

Kelly...love yourself for who you are. I saw you on DWTS and loved you from day one. But, mostly I loved each time you walked over to your daddy and kissed him. I lost my dad 4 yrs ago and I still miss him. Hugs n Kisses....stay true to yourself. :-)

February 24, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Str8 outta TX

never had any complaints though

February 24, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Str8 outta TX

the United States accepts a weird standard of weight and beauty.
    for example, i am a 19 year old male, and am 6 feet tall. medically speaking, they say i should weight around 155-160. i weigh 170 and feel too skinny!!!
    what's up?

February 24, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jay Kay

That's the best pic they could find of her?

February 24, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Bull

Kelly , don't take yourself too serious.Nobody else does.

February 24, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Wayne Messer

What's sad is everyone that feeds the sterotype. Why now is she ok.

She either was or wasn't depending you on what you thought of her.

Imagine is the last thing you should look at.

I'd rather you hate me that decide by my appearance whether I'm worthy enough.

February 24, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dodds

She looks like a character from the Flinstones.

February 24, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Lionel Hutz

Kelly is awesome!! Losing weight is so hard to do with personal trainers, chefs, and dieticians.

February 24, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  26. LaLa

Good for you Kelly!! You look fantastic!

February 24, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Joon Kleever

go kelly!! it sucks being fat – been there, done that. hard to take it off, harder to keep it off, and don't pay any attention to haters! they will be equally rude cause you lost weight.....people like that just like to be rude!

February 24, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Meg

I was not impressed with Kelly when I saw her a few times on the "Osbornes". But when she came out on Dancing with the Stars, she seemed to have blossomed into a beautiful young lady. What a delightful change – she's really quite stunning.

February 24, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Deb

Since the comment of the person that said fat and offensive are the same thing, I conclude that you must be fat...because I find your comments very offensive! Think before you speak!

February 24, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Aurora

Head Diva – What does being foul mouthed have to do with anything? I don't see it having anything to do with the exercise and portion control Kelly Osbourne practiced to get herself healthy. Just because someone uses words YOU might not approve of doesn't make them unhealthy.

February 24, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Carol Wike

Kelly,

Keep up the good work!!! You look WONDERFUL!!! And I am sure you are feeling wonderful! Keep believing in yourself....it's the "Power of determination"!

February 24, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. William Spendlove

Don't you love when people attempt to come off sounding legit and then they go and screw it up with an insulting comment? See "Head Diva in Charge"...

@ Kelly – Keep up the good work, you're looking righteous. :)

February 24, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  33. James

I'd date the hell out of her.

February 24, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Omaha Reader

Good for her... Anybody who tries getting fit is awesome... It took me almost 2 years to get fit and it totally paid off... I'm happy with the way I look today. Stay healthy, get fit, live longer!...

February 24, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Gary

Who cares!

February 24, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Brittshep

I'm such a fan of yours, Kelly! Congratulations. You have always been so pretty.Now you've got a confidence boost, which is never bad.

February 24, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  37. J

She changes as much as her accent

February 24, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Mark

Because being overweight and offensive are the same thing, "head diva"?

February 24, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Fred

More power to ya pebbles....You look like Ann Margrock!!!!

February 24, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mike

I thought she was much prettier when she had a bit more meat on her. She looks weird now.

February 24, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Head Diva In Charge

I will always see Kelly as the foul mouthed little girl on "The Osbournes". So glad she is working hard to get healthy & change that.

February 24, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Debra

You were always beautiful Kelly..but now that you are fit you are now healthy too!!!! Good for you!

February 24, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |