February 17th, 2010

New 'Glee' promo debuts

testing captions
testing captions

I am officially “Glee”-king out.

The promo for the new season of “Glee” has only increased my yearning for the show to return.

I was wondering how the dynamics may have changed at McKinley High since the “Glee” kids won regionals, and I am happy to see that slushies are still being flung.

Click here to watch the promo

I mourned the show going into hiatus - it's been gone since December - so this promo whetted my appetite for its return. The songs, the drama, the budding romances! Not to mention the return of  Coach Sue Sylvester.

And might I dare to hope for a surprise cameo by Madonna herself in the Madonna-themed episode? Come on, April!

Post by:
Filed under: Glee • television

1. red bottom shoes for men

Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The entire look of your website is great, let alone the content material! red bottom shoes for men http://rbsmen.overblog.com/

March 6, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. countertop distiller

I adore yours web blog design, which theme do you have? please comment back!

June 30, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. pc repair columbus ohio

Thanks for the great info.

June 1, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. IUD Side Effects

there are many social issues these days and we have different solutions for different social problems ,';

December 22, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Network Switch :

there are many social issues that we face today but the biggest issue i think is poverty:*~

October 25, 2010 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. Nonstick Cookware Set

social issues these days are quite complicated and often involves politics..'

October 13, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Paige Price

there are lots of social issues that we face these days due to hardships and disease."*'

July 3, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. cts

I have missed this show. I hope all of its awards don't make the stars into primadonnas and kill it from the inside out. Like Ugly Betty.
    Good luck on a new season!!!

February 18, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Monica

I LOVE GLEE! It is the best show on tv :)

February 18, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cowgirlamy

The Madonna episode is going to be blockbuster. I heard they really spent time making this eppy truly great. It is called "The Power of Madonna" and the entire cast said it is by far the best episode they have done. Leah said they do a killer "Ray of Light" that will knock everyones socks off.

Shocking that Madonna gave her entire catalogue to the show yet she doesn't allow Idol to have any of her songs.

February 18, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Head Diva In Charge

Can't wait for the return myself! I would love to see Madge make an appearance......but what about Mariah?? OOOO that would be good, she could get a slushie thrown at her. Sorry – just my little dream.

February 18, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Trev

In 'Glee' it's great to see an upbeat show about the arts (music) instead of the insipid sitcoms, even worse narcissistic "reality" shows, the shock and crime shows, shows glorifying cutthroat competition and domination in sports (more narcissism) an all their ilk. It's nice to see a teen-oriented show that's not ALL about prurient interest. Sure, a lot of it is unrealistic - but that's showbiz, right? The show has "adult" action and themes I'm not comfortable with for my pre-teens, so that I wish it aired a bit later at night. With enough talent out there among even younger kids, I could easily imagine a 'Glee – Jr. High' version - with different personal/social issues confronting the kids - that could have been at least as entertaining. But for myself I like the current show better as it is.

February 18, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  13. Parker

We LOVE Glee! Cannot wait for the new season! Our favorite part is that all the loose ends were tied up at the end of the season, instead of leaving cliff hangers (so sick of that). Yipeee! Just cannot wait!

February 18, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  14. Lisa

It is so refreshing to see some of the story themes, all wrapped in music to touch the heart. I enjoy the show and do hope Fox ends up putting it "on demand" for cable viewers.

You can be sure I'll be purchasing the series when it is released on dvd. Nice to end a day with singing and a "good message'

February 18, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  15. Leslie

GLEE is one of the most original shows on television. Enough of the cop shows alreadY! Thank goodness for good music, great singing and a group who's fun to watch and root for.

February 18, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  16. Joshua

A bit nit-picky, but the GLEE kids didn't win regionals... they won sectionals.

February 18, 2010 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  17. Alexandra

i am SOOOOOO READY for Glee's return !!!!! The Madonna episode looks AMAZING, and I can't wait to see Idina Menzel in Glee, I know she's going to be AWESOME !!!! BTW is it official that NPH is going to be making a cameo in the next 9 episodes?

February 18, 2010 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  18. jez

far better than grease...

February 18, 2010 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  19. Carmem Barbosa

It is my favorite show. I can't hardly wait for the nwe season. My nieces just love all the drama, comedy and speciaaly the musical numbers. We may not speak English but for sure it is a lot of easier when you can learn with this show. Inspirational in many ways.! Love it, love it.

February 18, 2010 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  20. Steve

How about playing last season's episodes for those who didn't know it was on until late in the season? The very best show for MANY years with superb casting and writing.

Can we think of a cheer so the network will REALLY hear us?

February 18, 2010 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  21. Nathan

I also love this show and can't wait for it to return. My 80 year old dad LOVES Glee also! I have to laugh at times at how worked up he gets. Jane Lynch is his favorite! I agree with some of the comments about stretching reality but then most shows do in some way or ther other. I hope it doesn't burn out too soon otherwise my dad will go back to watching black & white westerns!

February 18, 2010 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  22. Joyce Kuffuor

GLEE is the best, inspirational, happiest program EVER!! April is waaaay too long to wait. Please FOX consider re-runs?

February 17, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Holiday

I LOVE this show. Can't get enough of it. But PLEASE no Madonna. Nooooooo.

February 17, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dani from AZ

This show is so different, and it seems like a silly show for someone to watch, but the first time I saw it, I couldn't tear my eyes away and I couldn't wait for the commercial to be over. Its definately not something I watch so I came upon the conclusion that it contains subliminal messages lol I get sucked in against my will!

February 17, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  25. KRS

They actually first won sectionals. It's onto regionals next which will bring Idena Menzel!

Can't wait!!!

February 17, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Joe Snuffy

What's going on CNN Moderators? I'm just trying to be honest in what Glee does for me in combat, why didn't you post my last? I don't recall breaking your comment policy...

Try to priase the show in my own way and I get blocked by an intern with a grudge against Taliban killers. F my life.

February 17, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Marnie

Can't wait, love this show.

February 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Taylor

Glee is whats wrong with America, our lives have been better since the hiatus began months ago.

February 17, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Brian

I would ONLY watch this show if Madonna appeared on it!

February 17, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  30. ric822

I love Glee because:

1. The musical numbers are separated out. No musicalish singing for no apparent reason.
    2. It is not s "soap Opera"

Glee will be good until someone in its production team decides:

1. It should become a "musical" with singing for no apparent reason.
    2. It should become a "Soap Opera".

February 17, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Morgan

I LOVE, LOVE, triple LOVE this show! Not in a long time have I so enjoyed a television show! I think I have over played my Glee Season 1 dvd's to keep my fix going!!!! I do hope to see more of Kristen Chenoweth on the show. I hope that the rumors are true and we also get to see Idina Menzel on the show. She would be THE perfect person to be Rachel's mom!!!

April can't get here soon enough for me!!!! Yay Glee!!!

February 17, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. John

Hopefully in the new season they'll treat their lead characters to some brains.
    Having the young male lead believing that a girl could get pregnant in a hot tub, and the teacher not figuring out his wife isn't expecting almost put me off the show.
    Then we have a stereotype gay, a teacher who seems to be a pedophile, the female lead who is just plain nuts...it often goes beyond satire into cheap laughs and lazy writing.

February 17, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Oscar Campos

This is definitely the best show in a long time. It's just tons of fun, but it is true that it could burn out the way Ally McBeal did. As long as they keep us caring for these characters that won't happen though.

Ryan Murphy (creator) is awesome for coming up with such an original show just like he did when he created nip/tuck. But after a few seasons, nip/tuck got super stale to where it's a walking corpse nearing its end nowadays. I hope this doesn't happen to Glee. The original creative people need to stay involved with it instead of moving on to other things and then leaving the actors with bad story lines.

February 17, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Fufio

SISTERROSE:

Really the Church is going to award this show, but it has gays in it!!!

Isnt that very hypocritical of them?

February 17, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. amyinoaktown

I LOVE this show...entire cast is great. Can't wait to see what happens next.

February 17, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sam

That was a horrible tease! I saw that commerical in the never ending saga that is American Idol in which Ryan Seacrest repeats the situation at hand more then a daytime soap. But the promo said it was coming soon, April is NOT soon. I thought they moved up the premiere for the second half of the seaon up to mid march or something. Noooo April. Ugh! I guess I will have to survive the bitter anguish of not being able to enjoy one of the most interesting and captivating shows I have witness in a very long time.

February 17, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. dara

so happy so happy so happy.. yes yes yes.. Glee is one of the BEST new shows ever .. we were instantly addicted and can't wait for April...
    If Idina is on – I will scream (Joy).. she is awesome..
    sigh.. ok.. counting down ...

February 17, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  38. AtWork

Is it April yet?!?!?! It's taking way way way too long for it to come around! I am SUPER excited about Glee coming back on. Sadly, I can't even access the promo for the new season at work.

February 17, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  39. gleek

LOVE IT! felt the same way when i saw the promo last night during idol! pure excitement for the return!! greatest new show in a long time!

February 17, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Gail Snail

Yippee! Glee is coming back. I am so happy.

February 17, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  41. sisterrose

GLEE is receiving an award from Catholics in Media on February 28 in Beverly Hills: CatholicsInMedia.org.

February 17, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Chrissy

Idina will be on glee and the vocal coach from V.A.
    hoping it turns into her mom!

I just watched glee again on Hulu for my glee fix!

February 17, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Craig

It just didn't grab me. I adore Jane Lynch and wanted so much to like this show.

February 17, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Bob

Glee is so over the top with archness sometimes I just can't take it. Then it goes all saccharine with joy or sadness. In a way I'm not sure if the lack of subtlety is a strength or a weakness, because it is a dramedy, so people expect to be bounced around. I can see the humor, and the pathos, but I wish they'd tone it down to something more human scale. I think this show is going to burn out, a la Ally McBeal.

February 17, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Shauna

I am so excited for the return of Glee!!!! It is hands down my favorite show on tv! I'm still holding out for Idina Menzel to appear as Rachel's mother!!! Fingers crossed for that one!

February 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Victor

Glee is probably the best new show of this season.

This show gives me hope that reality TV will not completely eradicate smart scripted comedies or dramas.

Thank God for Glee.

Don't stop believin America!

February 17, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |