February 16th, 2010

Jessica Simpson: I'm not weighing in for anybody

Jessica Simpson

Even when she's tweeting about her boobs, Jessica Simpson never tries to be anyone other than herself.

"I'm vulnerable in any moment," the singer and actress told Allure magazine, after announcing that she'd just burped.  "I don't care if the cameras are on or not, you're going to get the real me. There's no reason to mask that, because that's what's given me the chance to be in a powerful position."

She may have started her career as a pop singer but Simpson has moved on to owning her own clothing, shoe and bag lines, as well as starring in a VH1 reality show that explores beauty standards the world over.

At the time of the interview, Simpson had just returned from taping eight episodes of "The Price of Real Beauty" in a variety of countries, including the United States, which she thinks has a "disgusting" obsession with weight.

After performing at a Florida chili cook-off in January 2009, Simpson was lambasted by the media for wearing double-belted, high-rise "mom" jeans that made Simpson look like she packed on a few.

"I would not wish that on my own worst enemy what I went through," she told Allure. The hype over her supposed weight gain was so relentless that nowadays, people respond with surprise when they see her in person.

"When I walk through an airport and people go, 'you're not fat!' I'm like, 'Thanks,' " Simpson said. " 'That's great. Good to know I'm not fat today. Thank you!' "

Besides, Simpson said, she hasn't built a career on being thin.

"My job is to be creative," she told Allure. "And I'm not weighing in for anybody."

Simpson also isn't taking off her clothes for anyone either.

While the actress does want to transition from doing films like "Blonde Ambition" and "Dukes of Hazzard" to something with more meat and edge, filming a nude scene is not in the equation.

"I will never do nudity. I don't care how dark and intellectual the role could be," she said. "I don't care if I get a frickin' Oscar for it, I'm not going to do it...I don't think people deserve to see what's underneath my clothing. That's only for my next husband!"

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Str8 Outta TX

that's real.

February 18, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. Blue Eyed Knight

Her new husband should be lucky he can pull girls as beautiful and rich as her. I mean if Jessica really wanted someone to marry anyone would be luck especially getting to have sex with her. But it dont matter she still just as fine as the next girl in my eyes.

BEK

February 18, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Nick

I never thought she looked fat to start with, but even if she had gained weight, why would anyone else care? It's her body.

February 18, 2010 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. REALITY CHECK

She's like Napalm...Sexual Napalm.....

February 17, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Str8 outta TX

i am not sure whether to consider her next husband lucky or not

February 17, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bbb

For her next husband....and Tony Romo!

February 17, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joanna

... America does have a weight obsession but it's nothing compared to Asian countries. You have to be a double zero to be considered slim. At least a size 6 here is still considered slim. Size 6 in Japan for instant is considered XL.

Yeah... XL... size 6... that's crazy...

February 17, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Marie

Don't be hating, just because she's rich and beautiful. Maybe she does not come across a being too intelligent, but obviously she has some things going for her, she is wealthy. I have to give her credit for defending herself about her weight and staying healthy. Also, she can't be all that dumb, she has a lot more $$$$$ than we do.

February 17, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cindy Thompson

She isn't taking her clothes off unless you are John Mayer...and numerous other people that she has stripped for, she totally forgot to mention that one.

February 17, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JPX

It seems to me that Simpson has failed at everything she has tried including music, television, and relationships. It must be awful to be her age and realize that she peaked about 5 years ago. People are very forgiving of dumb individuals when they are young and attractive but the dumb thing doesn't work once the looks start to fade. She believes that America "has a disgusting obsession with weight". While that might be true she must realize that if she is to have any potential career going forward she better stay in shape. Simpson's career has always been about her looks and nothing more.

February 17, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Debra R

Was Mayer's mouth moving? Then he was probably lying. Good for you Jess. The important thing is to be healthy.

February 17, 2010 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  12. SD

HDIC no where does she say she's losing weight?! at any rate, i've never been a fan of hers but i felt awful for her after that chili cookoff...funny how mean us overweight americans can be... i have a little more respect for her after reading this....i like her outlook...more of hollywood should have it.....

February 17, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. ZZ

No talent, no voice, stupid as a pet rock. Please just fad away.

February 16, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. whatthe

her next husband? really? so what Mayer said was a lie?

February 16, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Str8 outta TX

you saying she cant act for shit? lol:)

February 16, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. LBW

She's not exactly known for her intelligence. As for her body, her Dad put it out that it's hard to hide those double d's.

February 16, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Str8 outta TX

HDIC why do you think she wouldn't get an oscar? Just curious.

February 16, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Head Diva In Charge

Jessica dear, don't worry you WON'T get an Oscar! But I am glad that you are fighting the obsession with weight by loosing more to look great....that helps.

February 16, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |