February 8th, 2010

Did you call Barney Stinson during last night's Super Bowl?

If you watched last night's Super Bowl, there's no way you could have missed Neil Patrick Harris holding up a sign that read, "Hey Ladies, Call Barney Stinson at 1-877-987-6401."

For those of you who don't watch CBS's "How I Met Your Mother," Harris plays the womanizing Barney Stinson who, as Harris told "The Early Show" back in 2006, "works in the dark arts."

The phone line has been busy all morning, but there's a recording of the message over on YouTube.

Here's the transcript:

"That, LeBron, is how you shoot a free throw. Hey, Barney Stinson speaking. A recording? No, this is really me. Anyway, glad you called 'cause you sound really special, let's get to know each other. What are your hobbies? Oh my God I like that too! I'm really feeling a connection here. You know, I never do this, but what the heck, let's meet up at MacLaren's bar at oh, say, 3:45 a.m. on Monday, October 12, 2016. I can't wait to meet you, I love you."

Filed under: Neil Patrick Harris

1. Jeffrey Knight

The worlds supposed to end in 2012 anyway, so like it REALLY matters! :-P

February 9, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mattstkc

I wonder if it's significant that 10/12/2016 is the date of Yom Kippur?

February 9, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. DGUZ

I think the point of the wrong date is obviously because he doesn't want to meet the caller.

February 9, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  4. to david

David, check again. Obviously you don't do homework. Kevin is right...Wednesday. Doh!

February 9, 2010 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. david

Actually OCT 12 2016 is a Sunday....next time do your homework...they were closer than you were.

February 8, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kevin

I called it at the same time the commercial ran and i got right through. It is a little dissapointing that they did not do their homework though...October 12th 2016 is on a Wednesday not a monday. The least they could do is get the day of the week right.

February 8, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Christine

Seriously? My daughter made the comment that she wanted to call and I said that there were probably a million other people calling right at that moment. Looks like I may have underestimated that with 106+ million people watching.

February 8, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |