February 5th, 2010

Lindsay Lohan admits hoarding tendencies

If A&E ever did a show about celebrity hoarders, Lindsay Lohan could surely be on the first episode.

"The Insider's" Niecy Nash, who also hosts the Style Network's "Clean House," paid a visit to Lohan's home and it appears that Lohan indeed has a problem.

"I'm here because I heard you've got a whole lot of mayhem and a whole lot of foolishness," Nash said.

Lohan told Nash, "I have a lot of clothing - I think that's the biggest problem; I have a lot of stuff."

Nash asked Lohan to reveal her "stuff," and that's when the scary music began as the camera panned to show boxes upon boxes upon boxes of shoes, rack after rack of dresses, and then more clothes collected in piles and boxes on the floor.

The actress/fashion designer/leggings aficionado has not one, but two rooms full of shoe boxes and piles of clothing. At least she's meticulous about the shoe store she's recreated in her home: each shoe box is labeled with a photo of its contents.

"I try not to come in here - that's how bad it is. I only...need shoes," Lohan said. "The craziest thing is that I know every single thing that I have." Yet when Nash tested Lohan's "photographic memory," she claimed she simply hadn't gone through that box of clothes yet.

Lohan blames the hoarding on her constant jet-setting.

"It's hard because when you are traveling you pack one suitcase and you don't realize if you are getting new things or you forget what you have," she said. "So, I think that has kind of been the biggest issue."

Nash, however, doesn't believe Lohan is a hoarder and can see potential for Lohan to clean up her act. Her home, Nash said, simply reflects her life: "chaotic, disorganized and in excess of everything crowding her world."

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan

1. Vanessa

We owns a hoarding cleanup and have cleaned out houses filled with clothes... having a lot of stuff does not necessarily classify one as a hoarder. If Lindsay ever needs a cleanup company we're available http://www.cendecon.com ;)

December 19, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. dslnightowl

So now we know she is a pig as well as where all her money went, cloths and drugs/booze. You just are a disrespectful little brat and spends money on really unessisary things when people are fighting to survive for a place to live and food on the table, you discust me and in the story you claim you know everything you have and in the next breath you say when your traveling and you don't know what you have or forget what you have, your a pathetic human and don't deserve money and i'd be willing to bet you have an std.

October 24, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jeffrey Knight

I like Lindsay. People get too caught up in her situations, and all but I see a young girl trying to find her way in a mean world. Everybody likes to judge, and assume everything in the tabloids must be the gospel. Yeah shes from a disfunctional family, but they do love each other. I live my life and intend to let lindsay live hers. People who get all into the mix simply have no life of their own, or they wouldn't even care.

February 9, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Meme

Wow....boo-hoo I'm too rich for all my $1200 dolla pairs of shoes!

February 8, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. aquaman1980

I cant understand why she wont donate some of her stuff to people who REALLY NEED IT. There are hundreds of kids and teens in poverty right now that can only dream of having just one clean pair of shoes and a clean shirt and pants. This woman has the nerves to boast about having TOO MUCH clothes???? Are you kidding me? I think this is disgraceful.

Thats right she does have a charity doesnt she? Is it for popularity PR or is she sincere about her charity? Unbelieveable. Thousands of kids suffer each day and she gets interviewed for having TOO MUCH clothes and shoes.....Sad

February 8, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joel T.

Do you think she could be a car hop at Sonic???

February 8, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. ck

She needs to take whatever money she has left and leave Hollywood. Go clean herself out and find a nice, normal life away from the spotlight. Then maybe, just maybe she will have a chance. Otherwise she is headed down a dangerous path.

February 6, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. lee

to change you have to start somewhere

February 6, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sallyforth

Sometimes I actually feel sorry for her. She is so misguided and just plain lost. Her mother acts more like her best friend than a mother, setting boundaries, etc. (Yes, I realize that Lindsey is now an adult; I'm referring to her teen years) Her father is a mess.

February 6, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Steve

You done got yourself a crack addict in my opinion. She is aging so quickly, but is still very young. If it ain't crack it's something else. Drugs are bringing her down. Just my opinion though.

February 6, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Angelface

Yeah, must be rough to be rich and have everything you could possibly ever want at the blink of an eye. I have absolutely NO sympathy for this girl!! She needs drug rehab; not hoarders anonymous!

February 6, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. coopersmith

The Dr. Drew rehab guy is the guy who should be "admonishing" Lindsay Lohan. The too much clothing/shoes thing is very minor compared to her other issues. She was a beautiful girl who no one wants anymore–she knows this and she keeps throwing things at the wall hoping something–anything will stick. I do give her credit for her psuedo "honesty" here–I hope it is a first step to really addressing her self destruction. Too thin, living on drugs, cigarettes and red bull. She'll see Brittany Murphy in the other world unless she somehow turns it around.

February 6, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kim

She is product of her self-absorbed, selfish, absent parents – if you can call them parents.

February 6, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Michele

WHO CARES!!!

February 6, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. roger

lol debra, clean your house and all the pieces of your life will fall into place??

February 6, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Mr. Semaj

I wish she would go back to her natural red hair. Her blonde hair makes her look trashy.

February 6, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mrs. tucker max

this is not a problem.

February 6, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Ken

When your career is in the Toilet, it's good to have a lot of stuff to sell at the Flea Market.

February 6, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  19. klara

Why are we even talking about her? She has not had a new gig out in years. She should be forgotten until she comes back and does something remarkable. She is a sick little girl who needs her daddy's attention. Let her keep all the stuff, that is all she has in this world! And she knows it.

February 6, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Timmy Jenkins

What won't she do to stay infront of the camera?

February 6, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jim

I don't care what you people say. I think she's hot. I would give her a cat bath

February 6, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Dwight Huth

Maybe Lindsay could sell her unused or unwanted items on E-Bay in a Celebrity Sale -A-thon. The money raised coudl then be given to the cause of cleaning up The Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

February 6, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Vee

Has this woman heard of Haiti? Donate, woman! Donate!

February 6, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  24. Zip Stevenson

The Best things in life are not THINGS...

Author unknown

February 6, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  25. kristi

leave her be, everybody has issues deal with your own before you try to deal with somebody eles. if you lived the life shes living you would feel just like her. lindsey haters are gonna hate so let em love you lindsey. love,,, kristi nicole T....

February 6, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  26. skankBoy

pray for lindsay.

February 6, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  27. Dale Doback

She has mega gas

February 6, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  28. Russ Martin

She should give most of it to a charity for Haiti.

February 6, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  29. Franky, Land of Lincoln

My goodness, just look at her face, she even looks beat up.

She was just a beautiful girl, her skin was so pretty but look at her now, I bet her personality does reflect her life.

February 6, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  30. Mouth

Wow. A lot of judgment here. A lot of 'give your money to charity'.
    I think I would find a psych eval on you posters a bit scarier than one on Lohan. Unless, of course, you are perfect.
    I also wonder how many of you haven't finished school, cheated on a significant other, or talked trash about someone you don't know.

I guess that makes us all dirt-bags.
    Or holier-than-thou.

February 6, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  31. skyler

Why don't you guys focus on your own life, everyone has problems everyone has clutter..... Deal with it!

February 6, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  32. august red

This is news?

February 6, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  33. kj

I'm thinking they should've said she has a lot of... "Whoreding" tendencies.

February 6, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  34. Rick

If I were Lindsay, I would want to smack a couple of ya's in the lips!

February 6, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  35. anonymous

This is really sad, she has an extremely materialistic life. Lohan is clearly a very good example of how money does not buy happiness, instead bad press.

February 6, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  36. Farbble

Dan - you scare me, Dr. Freud.

February 6, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  37. steveo in kcmo

and she has some tabloid-vulture coming into her home and basically making fun of ONE here of her many mental issues and she's more than a willing participant?
    poor thing is one of those "I dont care what you call me, as long as you call me" attention sluts who's different from every other escaped mental patient you see wandering urban streets and bridge underpasses all because when somebody with a camera says "action" she can pretent she's someone else for a few hours?
    i've never even seen her act in anything where she more than about 4th or 5th banana and even then shes instantly forgettable..
    people who follow these folks dont want to think they're part of the problem when paying attention to a mentally-ill, poorly parented and disciplined child who needs lots medication and intensive in-patient therapy and her tabloid vulture frenemy in an overpriced apartment, but they are.
    i'll just be happy rubber-necking at car accidents especially if there's blood for my cheap thrills.....not.

February 6, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  38. Chris C

Train wreck. Hoarding is the very least of this girls issues. She buys and hoards as a replacement of her miserable life.

February 6, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  39. shay

your pathetic !!!!

February 6, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  40. Cøsmus

I hate Lohan. Children brought up in acting careers generally come out screwed up. All the things going on around them, I wonder when Lohan ever found it proper to be the way she is?

February 6, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  41. Jeff

Empty the backpack and be free!

February 6, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  42. Ronnie

No she needs to go on Clean House! that would be cooler!

February 6, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  43. Monica

Seriously, I can't believe I'm commenting here.... but I have to ask... Why do you people care what this woman has in her home or what she does with it?? Perhaps you have something in your closet to run down to the Salval? Let's worry about our own lives. I know that's extremely HARD to do... but just TRY! And remember – media runs people... people don't run media.

February 6, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  44. Katie G

Send all your clothes to Haiti

February 6, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  45. MacLoving

I will help you organize and clean it!

February 6, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  46. Jared

She should hook up with Charlie Sheen... they'd be perfect!

February 6, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  47. Case

Unfortunately she is on the same path as other stars who had tragic endings. She might not live to see 40 the way she is going deeper down the gutter. Then her DJ "girlfriend," i mean vampire, can make a remix about it. What a waste.

February 6, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  48. sebaastian

Lindsey needs first to clear up the mess and fog out of her mind!

February 6, 2010 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  49. james

hey, why can't she just sell the stuff and keep the cash? Why does everyone think that actors and the like HAVE to give to charity. Did you earn the money? No. Definitely needs the old fung shui going.

I've dealt with hoarding it is a pain. At least she's got quality gear to get rid of not tons of books from a good will.

February 5, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  50. lohanlover

she should sell it to get more money!!!! >)

February 5, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Patrick

It's hard to keep your house organized and clean when you're stoned all the time. Just sayin.

February 5, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Marie

Can't be the biggest issue she is facing – but I agree, auction it off on ebay for charity.

February 5, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Dan

an ordered home
    an ordered mind
    an ordered life

February 5, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  54. smurfette

She is likely just too stoned most of the time to be able to put anything away. Lindsey Lowlife

February 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Mickey

Clear it all out Lindsay, it's weighing you down

Help a lot of people

clear your own slate

and live the pure life

flick the switch

February 5, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  56. lucy2

Yeah, cluttered house is nothing compared to cluttered brain. She has a ton of issues and problems that need to be dealt with.

February 5, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Cris

I agree Diane I think Lindsey has a couple of other more serious issues going on. It would be interesting to know what this hoarding thing says about her general state of mind. I'd love to read a psychiatrist's profile on her.

February 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  58. citizenUSA

Lindsey,

would please let me know when you start hording 6' 3', 175lb, physically fit, funny, good looking, (might as well throw that in), heterosexual men? Thanks.

February 5, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Debra R

LiLo, how about donating those unsued items either to a clothing drive or putting them on ebay and have the proceeds go to your favorite charity? Once your house is free of the clutter, it will be easier to bring everything else on line.

February 5, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  60. ModelLA

I would agree.... I thought she sold all of her stuff on ebay????

February 5, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  61. diane

I seriously doubt that's her biggest problem

February 5, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |