February 4th, 2010

'Lost' picks an end date

'Lost' season premiere party in Hawaii

Mark your calendars, "Losties," executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse announced on Tuesday night's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" that "Lost's" final episode will air Sunday, May 23 (the better to avoid "Glee"?).

The countdown to the end officially began this week. Do you already have big plans for the finale? Let us know in the comments below!

Filed under: Lost • television

1. lostfan

Terry – Jack vaguely recognizes Desmond because of their encounter earlier in the series at the stadium. They are both running the steps in the stadium – Desmond training for the boat race, and Jack to let off steam – and they have a brief conversation. Desmond says something like, "see you in another life, brother".

February 8, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Terry

Hmmm...still no explanation as to why Desmond was on the plane. He was never there in the beginning. Why did he sit next to Jack and Jack seemed to vaguely recognize him. Then Desmond had vanished when Jack returned to his seat. There must be some significance to that because the writers have Jack asking where Desmond went. Also, are Sayid/Jacob and John/MIB really the entities we believe them to be? Could we be decieved into thinking they are who they appear to present themselves to be? Is Benjamin a Judas? Who was he really "serving" all this time? He believed it was Jacob. I believe it was MIB. Remember when Richard was "scouting" for talent so to speak and he visited John Locke as a child? Who was Richard taking his orders from? Was he looking for a sacrificial lamb for MIB? I don't believe Jacob and MIB are who we think they are...

February 8, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jaclyn

Dear "Uh!",
    It is not for you to judge people that sit in front of a tube or flat panel. Especially since you took the time to sit in front of a screen, read this article, and comment on it.

I really don't get people on here...especially judgemental people.

I can't wait for Lost on Tuesday!! This season is going to be amazing!!!!!

February 7, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Uh!

Lost?, Whats Lost , never watched it , and it looks like I never will. People need to sped more time out in this world and less time in front the tube , or flat panel, whichever you have.

February 6, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Alice Ribbons

This show is so lame.

February 6, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Carolyn

What Jacqlyn said... sorry if I misspelled your name- typing from memory... anyway- we can "agree to disagree" but respect each others' opinions... and be civil. I'm a moderate and try to look at every issue from all sides and I too read CNN, Fox, etc. online to get different viewpoints. I think if we educate ourselves and learn different aspects of an issue we can understand where each other is coming from better.
    Back on topic-hats off to the writers of LOST- a thought-provoking show full of mystery, twists, turns, suspense and hidden clues... and one of the most entertaining shows ever to hit the small screen....and it can give your brain a workout. We all need that now and then!

February 6, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. malomar

I truly enjoy 'LOST' but am glad it is ending this season. I would be more disappointed if it dragged on and died an unseemly death like the "X-Files" did. Hard to keep a good ensemble cast like this together when they all start getting better offers. Can't miss the religious overtones, but if the season finale is the book of Revelations, my wife is gonna be pissed.
    Now I will be able to get totally frustrated watching Flash Forward and Visitor, while Fringe becomes my new #1 show.

February 6, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. littlebuddy

Best Show Ever!

February 5, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. CherylS

J.Crobuzon – LOL! Best one yet.

February 5, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. CherylS

Thank Goodness!

February 5, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ALittleEgyptshun

Pleth you are correct. Sorry, I forgot to mention that there are now 2 distinct time lines. But unlike "Back to the Future 2" they are still somewhat connected. In the time-line where the crash of 815 never occured, Locke is missing his knives & Jack is missing his father's body. Why? Christian is still on the Island & Locke/MIB still has his knives. The new time line saves no one. Kate's still a criminal, Sawyer's a con man, Locke's in his wheel chair, Jack is still Mr. Bitter, the only happy person is Hugo( & perhaps Juliet, but this we do not know yet, since on the island she's dead). In order to heal all of these problems(which the island was seemingly doing) the 2 time lines will have to merge somehow. The only way that this will happen is with the resolution of the jacob/MIB conflict.

February 5, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Danielle C

We will make a night of it. My husband and I will watch with my brother and his girlfriend and my father on the big screen TV. We will pop some popcorn, make some brownies and watch the final episode together of the series. =) Looking forward to it (not the part about the series ending however)!

February 5, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ALittleEgyptshun

OK, let's all calm down & look a what's going on. First, do a little research in Egyptology/Ancient religions. A god that dies & is resurrected is not new. Check out Ahura-Mazda(not a car company) HORUS(Jacob), & Mithras(roman solider cult). Look at the architecture-You've got Egyptian sculpture & a Mayan/Aztec style temple. Think "Mother Culture" as in Atlantis/Lemuria. Mr. MIB? ANNUBIS, HADES, & yes, SATAN! "The outcome is always the same"(MIB) There is only one outcome, the rest is just progress"(JACOB) This little passion play has been going on in the hearts & minds of humans since we first became humans, may be even before. It's been going on on this little "Mother Culture" island in time FOREVER. I have led you to the water, now DRINK! (THINK!) The answer is almost right there in front of you.

February 5, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sloppy J

"Best show ever" is as impossible to defend as "best movie ever." How do you compare something like, say, "MASH" or "I Love Lucy" to "Lost"? Even trying to divide it up by genre, it's difficult to compare "The Twilight Zone" to "Lost." You'd have to take into account historical significance, cultural norms at the time, and a whole slew of other factors to engage in any kind of meaningful discussion. And as we know, it's much easier to just blurt out "BEST SHOW EVER!!" or "SUCKS!!"

I'm comppletely into "Lost" and don't remember any show getting me so excited about the next episode. That said, I'm living in fear that the end will be a huge let-down. If the writers can pull off a spectacular ending and provide adequate closure while tying off the major loose ends, then it's got to be in the discussion for "best show of its kind," whatever that means.

February 5, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Christy

I really love the show, my husband got me into it around season 3. I think Sayid = Jacob, too. We'll see.

I'm really curious about Richard and what his deal is, so I'm excited to see that resolved.

I am kind of disappointed in the whole "alternate universe" aspect of the show, it seems like a bit of a cop out. Hopefully they don't go down any of the following 3 very disappointing roads:

1.) Its a dream as in "Dallas"

2.) Its all in the imagination of an autistic boy staring into a snow globe as in "Saint Elsewhere"

3.) They are people hooked up to some type of dream machine or therapy instrument as in "The Matrix" or "The Cell"

We'll see. I'm definately watching this last season and will be watching the finale. I hope it all ends well and in a way that hasn't been done before.

February 5, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  16. MIKEY

"I installed Benjamin Linux on my laptop, but now I keep having to enter 4 8 15 16 23 42 every 108 minutes or it reboots."

LMFAO!!!!

February 5, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  17. digitalknoll

everyone must read the story of osiris.

February 5, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  18. Me

I look forward to each new episode hoping to find out how the writers will fix all the problems they created when they obviously didn't know where the show was going yet. They threw all kinds of things in there that they thought would be interesting, but now they have some 'splaining to do.

February 5, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  19. Hawaii Tim

yes, I plan on having a LOST Party on the last episode.
    Why not? I think the show is GREAT.
    Enjoy life while you can.

February 5, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  20. John

I'm happy so many people enjoy "Lost", but best show "ever"? pump the brakes people.

February 5, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  21. Nancy

Pleth. I was thinking that same thing! What is great about this show is it makes you think, analyze, etc. I believe you have to have some brains to watch it and to those dissing the show....go watch Sesame Street ....more your level.

February 5, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  22. Pete

I was thinking it might all be a video game that we are watching ...but now maybe I dont get it, are Jacob and MIB like prehistoric rivals?
    WTF!!!!!! YEAH I'll watch it

February 5, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  23. darkstar

Lost is the most well-written, well-directed and well-acted show on television today, and in my honest opinion, is the most spectacular series to ever grace regular television. Lost is definitely not for casual viewing: it takes dedication, intelligence, and quite a bit of patience to be able to put all the pieces together in this wonderfully crafted and epic storyline that consistently rewards those who chose to follow this series from the beginning. While some of the subject matter does fall within the range of the fantastic, the writers always present the material in a methodological and believable fashion that is always careful not to insult one's intelligence outright. I will concede that Lost is also not for everyone. However, I do not see the need for all the trolls to come on here and degrade the show simply to be mean-spirited. If you don't want to watch it, then don't watch it or simply change the channel. I am certain that American Idol or some other nameless reality show is waiting for you on one of the other channels. I am certain those shows would better suit your mentality and perceived IQ level.

February 5, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  24. Anca

My husband and I have been "Losties" since the beginning and haven't missed an episode! We'll be sad when it ends but 'till then we're riveted!
    Can't wait to see where this all goes.....

February 5, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  25. mella719

pleth i agree with your theory, i was thinking the same thing - sayyid now being jacob. This show is amazing. I can't wait till tuesday.

February 5, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  26. Lisa

I have a serious LOVE/HATE relationship with this show. It was a fantastic idea and I've watched every episode...but with more questions than answers! I'm READY for ANSWERS!! And then my weekly confusion can end with the series. Of course next season I will be wishing it was still on, but will remind myself of the torturous confusion I have endured for the past 6 years!

February 5, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  27. Ron S

Sue--read the 8th comment...it was the first one by J Crobuzon, who has now posted 3 comments.

In my opinion, (which is all it is), Lost is an execellently written show that dares to take us "outside the box." Everyone is going to be so upset and angry if everything doesn't end in a nice, neat, tidy little package where ALL the questions are answered. I don't even think that's even possible, with all the stuff they've thrown at us. (Like what is the significance of Libby giving Desmond the boat "Elizabeth" – wow...have been waiting since Season 2 for that answer.)

I'm just enjoying the ride and looking to forward where (and when) we land.

February 5, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  28. Júnior

What comes next if the final season does not clean up anything?

February 5, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  29. Mikie

Belle, thanks for the grammar lesson, But alas, even you didn't get it quite right. You last sentence reads; "... you shouldn't end a sentence in a preposition." It should have read; 'with a preposition'. I'm just trying to keep things tidy in my mind :-)

February 5, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  30. snorlax isnt watching what I'm watching.

The heavy handed christian faith metaphors in this show are so damn abundant, they could only be missed by a conservative.

"Snorlax is lost" laid out just a few of many, many observations made by fans over the years...the last supper pose was just the tip of the iceberg....er, island.

February 5, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  31. J.Crobuzon

Ron S, I just got tired of LOST and drifted away. The last one I remember much of was where the two extras from the pilot popped up, saying 'we've been here all along, really' and then after some kinda pointless stuff they got bit by radioactive spiders and buried alive. My wife and I went WTF? and starting really questioning why we were standing for this, and after that we watched a few more episodes but we just didn't care. Still don't, to the point where I hadn't noticed it had come back on again.
    But we used to watch it, and it seemed like it was really going places for a while. I was one of the commenters on lost dot com, handing out the tasty fish biscuits to people who spotted stuff like Bentham's Panopticon trying to sneak past us. But I've just seen one three toed statue too many without any explanation or reason, and I realized that it was just going on without ever intending to explain anything; that there was, in fact, nothing to explain. I feel betrayed by LOST, and my dog needs another dose of Snorlax.

February 5, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  32. Snorlax is Lost.

@Snorlax... Liberal show? Do you watch it? What gave away its liberal leanings? Was it a character literally named "Christian Shepherd" who helps lead people? Perhaps it was the promo photo for this season depicting the Lost characters in a "last supper pose" with the character that fills in the Jesus spot coincidentally having the initials of J.C. (if he took his real father's last name, Cooper)? Or maybe it was the fact that the same character has a wound (bullet hole) in the same spot that Jesus had on the cross, as well as the fact that he had to die in order to save and lead the other characters?

Maybe you should stop pontificating from your a**.

Go watch 7th Heaven reruns.

"very is a very weak word."

February 5, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  33. Alan Hale, Jr.

Never seen one episode, don't have plans on ever watching this. Boring.

February 5, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  34. Roland

I can't wait for each new episode. Lost is the greatest show ever and I will be sad when it is gone. There has never been another show like it and probably never will be again. By the way, please keep political views out of your opinions of Lost and its viewers. I am a conservative and I absolutely love Lost.

February 5, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  35. Daniel Lineberry

My friends and I have already planned a Lost Last Episode party just like a Superbowl party.
    In my 44 years, there has only been two shows on TV that I followed religiously: Lost and Battlestar Galactica. I certainly hope that the Lost writer do as good a job with the ending as the Battlestar Galactica on SciFi writers did. The last show elevated the whole series with a meaningful, imaginative, and moving ending. So far, the writing on Lost has been even better.

After the last Lost, my TV will once again only be used for the occasional movie rental.

February 5, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  36. splat

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is NOT the greatest show on earth.. LOST is the greatest show on earth

February 5, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  37. philipangelo

The first half of the first season is interesting, but then it all becomes too contrived. And it's obvious that where they are is Atlantis. It's the perfect meld of this fake mytho-science nonsense they've fed to "Losties" the past 6 years, and helps explain every unexplainable thing without coming off completely implausible.

That being said. No I will not be watching this last season or the finally. I can read someone's blog to find out how it ends. This is one case where I don't care if someone spoils the ending for me.

February 5, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  38. Lisa

Jacob and Monster are Yin and Yang (Good/Evil) or God and Devil

February 5, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  39. Jeffer65

Best series to come along in ages. I'm sure the ending will be open to interpetation. Why the comment in the article about avoiding Glee? Is Glee moving to Tuesday?

February 5, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  40. Tina Daniels

It was amazing and refreshing to watch a show that challenged your brain. THANk YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

February 5, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  41. Ronnie

OMG! Thank God this stupid show is ending! The show about nothing is going out with a whimper and I am glad Fox will retire from tv.

February 5, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  42. sharma

J Corbuzon – Great Comment:

February 5, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  43. Lynn

I've been watching since the beginning. Early on there was a theory that the characters were in purgatory, having all died in the crash. Now with this final season opener, and the symbolism (my interpretation) of good vs. evil in the characters of Jacob (God) and guy in black (Satan/Lucifer). Jacob has his followers "even though you can't see him" and a temple with healing powers. Guy in black aka smoke monster incarnated into Locke's body (the loophole) so he could destroy Jacob. If this all turns out to be the basis of the whole show I will be very disappointed. How unimaginative of the writers! It is like going to a movie that picks up on an age old theme so much that within ten minutes you can jump to the ending. That being said, I am definitely hooked on this show; consider myself a Lostie for sure. Hails back to my days as a Trekkie. So, I'll remain hopeful and keep watching.

February 5, 2010 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  44. LordofEntropy

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

February 5, 2010 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  45. JennerTX

Belle, Please go away – no one wants a 7th grade English teacher on this blog...

Others that are complaining – don't watch and don't spend time on blogs if you don't like it... I know I don't bother reading or responding to blogs for 24 or Two and a Half Men. I don't watch them but I don't disrespect others that do.

I, for one, love Lost and have read several interviews with Damon and Cuse that they will NOT end in a dream sequence – so, don't worry Losties!! I think most of the questions will be answered but not all. Let's enjoy at least a little mysteries in our lives...

February 5, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  46. JJ

I WANT SEASON 7!!!

February 5, 2010 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  47. OneEye

Pleth:
    Did you notice in one of the final shots of the pool that the water had gone from red to CLEAR as I did?
    It was such a fast shot that I don't think many noticed it, but I guess WE did, eh?
    I concur with your hypothesis.
    BTW, I know Terry O'Quinn – he eats at my restaurant (Miss Shirley's) in Baltimore when he's in town- and he's really a wonderful, very nice person.

February 5, 2010 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
  48. David

I gave up on this show during the third season because the story kept going nowhere for me when some of the characters were tortured. Also the subplot involving the love triangle with Jack, Kate and Sawyer was just plain stupid. Most of the plot points were never resolved and more new ones kept popping up. I got enough on my mind without having to figure out the mess of this show.

February 5, 2010 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  49. Going to DVR It and Seperate Myself From Humanity Until I Watch It.

Going to DVR it and unplug my computer from the net so I won't find some forum troll to screw it up for me.

February 5, 2010 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  50. Michael

@ True American ... Yes... Obama is awesome...do your taxes now, wise man.

February 5, 2010 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  51. mohpas

im a never married man 36 live in tehran i dont like muslim for marriage if anyone can help me and introduce a christian girl or woman for serious arriage im very eager please mail me

February 5, 2010 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  52. Tom E

Big plans over a TV show? Some people need to get lives!

February 5, 2010 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  53. Mircat

I've watched LOST from day one. Love this show. The way the producers and writers have led us around forwards, backwards, sideways, bits and pieces of information has been brilliant. We love the mystery of it. The minute the questions are answered is when we won't love it any more so thank goodness they've kept the secrets.

I don't have a clue why people who hate the show even bother to read an article, then take the time to go to the comments, and read them, then take the time to write a comment and click on the sumit button. Why do you even bother? Is your comment meant to take away the enjoyment the rest of us derive from a show we love? A lot of haters seem to know way too much for people who don't watch. Go watch shows you like and leave us alone to enjoy our show. Nobody is making you watch it.

February 5, 2010 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  54. Simon Jester

The one thing I find most interesting. "Smoke Monster Dude" has possessed Locke, the one guy who has suffered the most. Jacob has possessed Sayid, the one guy who has caused the most suffering.

February 5, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  55. Cheryl

The very last Lost will air on my birthday! So maybe I'll have a birthday/Lost party. Sounds good to me! Happy birthday to me!

February 4, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Demoman

Lost took a lot of twist and turns through out the seasons. the first and fifth season were my faverats. It has been a good ride, the end of the tunnel is coming. thanks lost for making me tune in next week.

February 4, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Jennifer Sullivan

I will cry.

February 4, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  58. geniusman

LOST ROCKS!!! It will be a truly sad day when the finale arrives but that is an entire season away and i'm totally stoked about getting some answers for all the questions that i and everybody has for this season. The premiere was awesome! The "What If" storyline that they introduced was really intriguing. And claire! They brought back claire! I mean, it was just in the 'what if" storyline but better than nothing, right?

February 4, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Thomas

Loved the sixth season premiere! Can't wait to see where things go this year. I want answers in the series finale—but not for everything. Some mysteries must remain, methinks. No big plans for finale night, by the way: just watch it and enjoy it.

February 4, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  60. jen

they are all in a "virtual reality"

February 4, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  61. jen

They are all hooked up to a machine somewhere (like the matrix) undergoing therapy for whatever their personal reasons they are "lost".
    think about it

February 4, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Ray

I wish Lost fans would just stop throwing racial terms to describe the new Asian character: ninja guy, kung fu master, Bruce Lee... WTF!? Why not just "Asian" or Japanese?

February 4, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Jaclyn

True American, not all "conservatives" are in the wrong. I am a conservative, however, I am also an educator that teaches my students the importance of finding new ways of thinking and improving our country. I ALSO am a HUGE FAN of Lost and have been since episode 1. I do not think Lost is a "liberal" show, but rather a deep, thought-provoking, action-packed, suspenseful, amazing show that keeps millions of people coming back – no matter what its message is. Alas, I do watch Fox news, along with CNN and NBC news. Does this also make me brainwashed? Maybe instead of grouping together people who have a common thought-process in ONE aspect of life, you can start focusing on the fact that no two people are alike.

Hi, I'm Jaclyn. I'm a conservative, I do not agree with Snorlax, and I am a Lostie. True American, its statements like yours that keep our country divided. Maybe one day we all can band together in a true Lostie-love kind of way. ;)

February 4, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Brent

Maybe the end will be when they dig deeper into the island and discover the remains of the Hadron collider the last civilization built eons ago...:-)

February 4, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Brent

Who was Glasses-dude–Ninja dude's assistant and where have I seen him before. What's the Actor's name?

February 4, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  66. D

Well, my due date for my 2nd child is May 21st so perhaps I'll be watching it from my hospital room...

February 4, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Mike

Reading these comments make me so frustrated. Heres the simple fact people, if you think Lost is dumb you fall into one of three groups.

1) You havent given it the time it deserves and probably tried jumping in in the middle of season 3 and didnt get it, therefore you think the show is stupid.

2) You are just a stupid person, which is what im gathering from most of the people here commenting. You don't have a good enough attention span to follow it, or something to that degree, but I do hope a plague gets you in the near future.

3) You can't accept the fact that its a tv show! Not everything has to make perfect sense but Lost has been better than any show ever of making everything seem plausible in a way, its one of the things that makes the show so great and keeps me coming back every week.

Seriously if you don't like Lost just reevaluate your life.

February 4, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Jon

The first season was decent and it declined from there. Back to the 70's? Really? Did all the daily soap opera writers get together for later seasons?

February 4, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Dave

My final plot twist has the survivors walking along the beach and coming around a corner to discover the SS Minnow with Gilligan and the whole crew!

February 4, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  70. True American

Snorlax, Why don't you just curl up to the Fox news network and keep having your brainwashed. LOST has been the one show that I hav never missed. The best series ever because every week they end it with a cliffhanger that makes you WANT to come back and watch a week later. Unlike Bill O'Rielly's garbage show where you are a "pinhead" if you happen to have a mind and can think for yourself. Or even better yet a drug addict named Limbaugh who tells everyone how to run their lives but has no idea of how to run his own. Good Job there Snorlax, you have just proven why "conservative" people are in the wrong. We need liberal views and a new way of thinking in our world. We also need shows like LOST to entertain us and keep our mind off the real problems that are facing us because of the "conservative" thinking from the Bush errror.

February 4, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Hawaii Tim

Following the show has been an adventure. If you like it, watch it, if not, why comment? At first I expected answers and was frustrated by the end of the secon season. Since then, I expected the opposite and have been totally entertained since my "attitude adjustment". Such as, what can these guys come up with next? Faith, Trust, Redemption, Friendship, History, Mythology????? A+

February 4, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  72. A Different Alex

I love the show. Hooked since the first year. I will spend the Saturday before the finale like it's Christmas Eve. I've only ever experienced that once before. Sadly it was for the Murder One finale if anyone can remember that show.

We're hosting a LOST finale party on the day of the event. And if certain questions about the show/island/whatever aren't answered? The party turns into a posse to round up JJ Abrams and Damon Lindeloff and make them pay.

February 4, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  73. arinita

What am I going to do with my life after 'Lost' ends?

That's the real question.

February 4, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Alex

I am OBSESSED with this show.

February 4, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Tominrichardson

Sunday night. Okay. Why not? Love this show!

February 4, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  76. AreWeThereYet

Cool ! I'm going to set my DVR for May 23, 1977 right now !

February 4, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Sue

Ron S. I think J Crobuzon was putting down snorlax – who was dissing lost...

February 4, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Cosmo

Maybe next year a show called 'Found' will pop up? Now that would be cool!

February 4, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  79. LostJoe

Oh – and they also promised no movies. When it's over it's over.

February 4, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  80. LostJoe

The creators of the show have promised no "it was all a dream" or "They're all dead already" endings. The themes in "Lost" are very thought-provoking: faith, trust, redemption, etc. And the mythology is mind-blowing! I think the writers are geniuses.

February 4, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  81. TJ

I love the show - but many of these comments are even more fun to read!

February 4, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  82. leisee

I love Lost! I am so excited for the finale! I cannot wait to watch the next episode. It is wonderful!

February 4, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Dave

Anybody know when the first Lost movie will be out? I haven't heard they are making one but when theres money to be made...

February 4, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Sue

I think the water had changed (wasn't clear) due to the bomb blast. When the bomb went off it changed things.

February 4, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Ben

Jack hit his head while a contestent on Survivor...then Jack wakes up from a coma he's been in for the past several years and you discover that the whole thing was a figment of his twisted, tortured imagination...

February 4, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Ron S

J Crobuzon – if the show was so lame, why are you not only following this story, but indeed taking the time to write about it not once but TWICE! LOL. Dumb Show? Come on..it's ok to come out of the LOST closet!! Admit you love it!

Say it..."Hi...I'm J Crobuzon...(everyone..."HI J!") and I'm a LOST junkie!!"

February 4, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  87. J.Crobuzon

I give my dog Snorlax when he's constipated – works like a charm!

February 4, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Holly

I love the show! I hate that I am in Germany and have to wait a bit longer to see it when it comes up on iTunes!!!

I just want to see it go out with the answers and give me a good "feeling" about where it all ends up.

February 4, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  89. iamtheisland

I know Friday and Saturday nights are where TV shows go to die, but I want to throw a big huge finale party complete with booze. Sunday night isn't very condusive to that. Blerg.

February 4, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Jill

Pleth, I think you are right! WOW, what a good take on the 1st episode of the final season!

February 4, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Bill

I love the show and hope it doesn't end with witches and goblins. I'm beginning to think that because Lock is the smoke monster, thats where we are going. Too bad

February 4, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Peggy

I appreciate the escape that it is, the stirring of imagination based on our past history, religious teachings, and human nature. All rolled into one amazing story that keeps me on the edge of my couch. My husband and I make this our one hour a week that we sit together and speculate on the scene playing. Its entertainment at its best and I will miss its end like that of a good book that you can't wait for the end to find out, yet are disappointed the ride is over.

February 4, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  93. J.Crobuzon

February 4, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Ben

Snorlax: How, exactly, does a show like Lost manage to have political leanings? From what little I know about it, it's about a bunch of idiots stuck on an island with a smoke monster and nuclear bombs thrown in for good measure. How, exactly, is that "very liberal?"

February 4, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • David Daniel, CNN Entertainment Senior Producer

Please, don't feed the trolls. And, as always, criticize other posters' opinions and statements, not the posters themselves. Thank you.

February 4, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  95. meg

@snorlax...."Lost is a very liberal show"....what? Its entertainment....if its too "racy" for you, just watch something else. I'm sorry Touched By An Angel is no longer on.....cuz that was such television gold.

February 4, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Mary

One of the main reasons I watch the show is because of all the hot guys!!! Granted, I do like the story too, but the men are so pleasant to my eyes.

February 4, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Rgbaine

Snorlax, do you mean a show for the simple-minded who believe in fairy tales? There are some great kids' shows you might want to look into. Ooh look, pretty colors! Jebus will come save us all!

February 4, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  98. jon

this show is lame

February 4, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Lissa

I love Belle!

February 4, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Tara

Pleth. I don't usually try to speculate but I totolly think you are right! What you said makes sense!! Love the show, love your take on it!

February 4, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Snorlax

"Lost" is a very liberal show and I think it is well past time to bring in a show that has more mainstream conservative values.

February 4, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Leslie Okonski

Hey, at least the show's fans have a reason to read this article. Why would you not only read, but comment, if you think it's a big waste of time? I plan to watch the show with friends and stay as far away from those that don't like the show as possible!

February 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Yank

I think Santa Claus is real, and he'll play a vital role in the show-why not throw him in there ?

February 4, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  104. stevieboy

Me and my girlfriend love watching LOST its an AMAZING show with awsome writers!!! keeps you on the edge of your seat and talking about it all week long until the next episode airs. Hopefully there will be alot of questions answerd this last seson...ill be really dissapointed if it end like the sopranos did with a seson finaly and no answers.

February 4, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  105. BubbaOnTheNet

I hope we can expect a Movie or two from this?

February 4, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Draco

I plan to watch it the next day after I DVR it to avoid all the commercials.

February 4, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  107. ladagal

I swear if this turns out to be a "Dallas" dream scene, I'll just scream!!

February 4, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Belle

To clear up any confusion for those of you who obviously slept through Grammar classes while you were in school (if you went):

"your" is possessive - "your" opinion
    "you're" is the contraction of "you are" - you're a loser...you are a loser.

While we're at it, stop asking where people are at!! It's redundant and you shouldn't end a sentence in a preposition.

February 4, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  109. pqg

usbajs,

If you only watched half of the pilot (5 seasons ago BTW) how do you know about time shifting and nuclear (hydrogen, actually) bombs. Maybe you watch more than you care to admit.

February 4, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Shonna

I love this show, never have missed an episode since day one, since the crash and cannot wait until May to see how the end this chapter in my life. This will be the only tv series that I will buy on dvd (waited on purpose) and will relive all over again.

February 4, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Brian

This show started with such a BANG then seems to have become a "Soap Opera." With it only showing in the Spring season, it's become very easy to fall un-interested in the whole thing. We will just rent the box set when it comes out next year. At this point it just isn't worth my time and frustration for a weekly series.

February 4, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Belle

I happen to enjoy watching LOST (I honestly think I understood it and figured everything out during a seizure I had in December), but I am completely tired of these fatalists moaning about the season finale after the first episode just aired.

When LOST ends it ends, and I can delete the timer off of my tv. That's about it.

February 4, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  113. J.Crobuzon

I wish I had every second back that I wasted watching this dumb show. If they'd lived up to the first season's promise, they'd be one of the all-time classics. Right now I rank them with Milli Vanilli. The promise wasn't kept.
    Get back to me when they explain why the smoke monster killed the pilot a couple minutes into the first episode. Come on, they all died in the crash. We weren't supposed to catch on, but we did. Sorry.

February 4, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Brett G.

Yes, it is just a TV show, but IMHO it is the best TV show ever made (unless it goes sour this season). I will for sure be having a party and the Sunday air date will make it so much easier. Thanks, Lost!

February 4, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Susan

This is the greatest show to ever be on television and nothing will ever compare to it! My calendar has been marked!

February 4, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Anna

Sure hope it puts an end to all the questions-though, I doubt it will.

February 4, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  117. KO

Yes it is a TV show. But God is good and God starts with a capital G!

February 4, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  118. lostfan

I'll plan on watching. My wife and I really enjoy the show! We just hope that in the last season, the writers will finally clear up some of the unanswered mysteries that have plagued the show.
    And hafdolla23, sorry this isn't something your interested in. I hope that whatever you do that day is enjoyable. But why would your lack of interest immediately make people who enjoy something else losers? Oh well...

February 4, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Max

Big plans.. to record it on my DVR and watch it the next day, yeah right!

February 4, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Pleth

Non-Locke is MIB and Sayeed is Jacob! I just know it! The water was red due to Jacob being in spirit form and Sayeed was pronounced dead by Ninja guy AND Jack! So, the battle will be between non-locke and non-sayeed. Who will win? Who are they? Was Richard a slave on the ship? He recognized non-locke!

I CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT!