February 2nd, 2010

More reactions from Oscar nominees

The reactions to Tuesday morning's Academy Awards nominations keep pouring in. Here are more statements from nominees, as told to CNN:

Best actress nominee Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side":

"Who would have thought after all these years that I would be experiencing this moment now . . . I certainly didn't. But I am honored beyond words to experience this journey with John Lee Hancock and Gil Netter, and to continue this astounding ride with the extraordinary women I share this category with. My time with them these past few months has meant more than anything to me."

Best supporting actor nominee Christopher Plummer, "The Last Station": "I am very pleased and honored to be up there with those other four terrific actors. I liked the little movie."

Best animated feature, best original screenplay and best picture nominee director/writer Pete Docter and producer Jonas Rivera, "Up":

"We are humbled and grateful to the Academy. Being nominated among these remarkable animated films is such an amazing privilege. On top of that, to be honored as one of the best pictures of the year is just mind-blowing. It’s truly been a long, wonderful ride getting here, and with all sincerity it really does feel like we’re floating on air."

Best original screenplay nominee Mark Boal, "The Hurt Locker":

"I'm extremely grateful to Kathryn Bigelow for believing in this script when it was safer to believe in unicorns, and thankful to the actors for elevating it and making it sing, and last but not least Nicolas Chartier for putting his money up."

Best picture nominee producers Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, "The Blind Side":

"We are so grateful to the Academy for this staggering honor. We want to thank John Lee Hancock for writing and directing a wonderful film that has been the pleasure of our careers to produce; to Sandra Bullock, who brought the character so fully to life, and to our producing partners Gil Netter and Molly Smith."

Filed under: movies • Oscars 2010

1. DeeWA2009

I am SOOOOO............. HAPPY for Sandra Bullock. GOOD FOR HER. Nice nice person, she really is a cutie.

AND, for the folks from PRINCESS & THE FROG nominations for Animated Feature Film and TWO SONGS... "ALMOST THERE" and "DOWN IN NEW ORLEANS". I am a BIG FAN of Anika Noni Rose. She responds to her fans on MySpace & Facebook. AND, she has a SMILE that's gonna take her to the MOON!

February 4, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Malyk

The organisers of the Academy Awards are professionals in what they do. If they believe that Sandra Bullock, who by the way is a fantastic actress, deserves a nomination for her performance, then that says it all. It doesn't change the fact that Meryl Streep is an icon.

February 4, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. headdivaincharge

I am going to be honest, I REALLY didn't like Avatar. Sure the 3-D was cool, but that was it. The story (if you can call it that) was a snooze, and I didn't get invested in any of the characters. I was to busy trying to figure out why the heck people liked this movie! I would much rather see something that was well written, thought provoking, and well acted win!

February 3, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cjc

Love Sandra. So happy for her. She deserves the recognition.

February 3, 2010 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. Confused

I'm not confused about my statement only that she was nominated. She did give one of her best performances,as you say Superb , but as I said her best is not as good as Meryl Streeps worst. My opinion, which is what these posts are for. You give yours, I give mine.

February 2, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Linda

I love Sandra Bullock!!!! I am so happy for her!!!!

February 2, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Darling

Dear Confused: Your NAME says it all........you are truly confused if you think Meryl Streeps portrayal of Julia Child outshines Sandra Bullock's portrayal of Leanne Touhy!!! Sandra Bullock is SUPERB and shows what true Southern women are made of.

February 2, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Traci

LOVELOVELOVE this movie!
    Sandra Bullock did an EXCELLENT job!

February 2, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Confused

I truly am a Sandra Bullock fan, but she is in no way in the same class as Meryl Streep. On Mrs. Bullocks best day and Mrs. Streeps worst there still would be no comparison in the two. I felt the same when Julia Roberts beat out Ellen Burstyn. That said I do understand they cant give the award to the same people year after year.

February 2, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Carmen

Nice to see Sandra Bullock win. Good film, good story, played to perfection.

February 2, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. A4H

I think Avatar received the nomination because of 3-D, but that is not new, wayback in early 80's they already have 3-D in the movie. I remember watching the movie wearing this funny glasses so I can watch it on three dimension, but my friend who was diabetic, literally got sick and start throwing up. I was not impress then I am not impress now with Avatar. People think 3 dimension in the movie is new, it is OLD. If you have vision problem or elevated blood sugar, 3D will make you very sick.

February 2, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. A4H

My bet Sandra Bullock will win the nomination for Best Actress, she played the role of Leigh Ann Touhy to perfection all the way to southern accent and dying her hair blonde.

February 2, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |