January 31st, 2010

Tell us your red carpet favorites from the Grammys

Grammy fashion can be a minefield. With all of the "creativity" going on, a lot of artists take it too far and end up bombing on the red carpet.

But so far, there have been some fabulous fashion winners.

Keri Hilson, who lost the best new artist Grammy to the Zac Brown Band, was stunning in a nude, fish-tailed Dolce and Gabbanna gown, and Taylor Swift did all-over bling in a dark blue, sequined gown. It sounds like Vegas, but on Swift, it comes off glamorous and fun.

"Glee" star Lea Michele has scored two out of three for her red carpet choices this awards season. Her ruffled, all-black retro gown at the Golden Globes didn't do her justice, but between last week's gown at the SAG awards and the short, one-shouldered bubble dress she donned for the Grammys, Michele is coming out as the winner.

Fergie kept it understated and chic in an electric blue, one-shouldered mini-dress that fit her like a glove.

Check out more red carpet highlights here and tell us who your fashion favorites were.

Filed under: Grammys

1. christina

Taylor Swift has a truly unique voice. She is love by millions.. I can take her or leave her, but before you criticize her take a look at performers such as Bob Dylan who can't sing worth a damn... I mean serious, she isn't half as bad as he is.

February 2, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. scott

The music business has really gone down hill for years.I thought taylor swift s performance was just awful! I felt sorry for stevie, did they not rehearse? I miss the days where we had real talent, its great that she writes her music but "come on main"! We may never see a day again of really talented artists again that are truly professional. Its a sad statement because its all about money not authenticity. Now a days there are so many wantabees and the truly great singers are shut out. What a joke, its pittiful! I like taylor swift but she does not deserve a grammy, its just there way to sell more records. That is what it is all about, sorry to Stevie Nicks an all time great and Waddy Whatel he must have really been embarrased! He is one of the best musicians of all time!

February 1, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. steveg

Okay ... there have been more in-tune singers rejected from the open auditions for American Idol.

I'm sure she's a sweet person, and is loved by her fans, but enough with the sympathy awards for Kanye's stage-jacking. She is not that good.

February 1, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sandra Coppo

Thank you for the posts - I have always thought that Taylor Swift could not sing..Unbelievable!

February 1, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. maura mcshane

Forgot to add the Black Eyed Peas were terrible too. Looked like they were part of a kids show. They sounded awful. Beyonce was magnificent!!

February 1, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. maura mcshane

The list of horribles:
    Taylor Swift- terrible performance and terrible dress. She needs be proud of her height and not slouch. Also needs voice help-BADLY!! Her label should be ashamed. She was put up there and fed to the wolves. The girl can't sing live!!! And Nicks looked like she was in shock. She didn't sing well either.

February 1, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. john

That's "blogs....( typing too fast )..sorry.

February 1, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  8. john

I agree with the bogs today....get Taylor Swift some singing lessons...that was embarrasing...the poor girl is tone deaf. Hopefully, no one will let her see last night's performance. I had seen her on Saturday Night Live previously, and thought maybe it was just a glitch or bad night...but last night was the worst... And poor Stevie Nicks...her body language told it all ...did you see her backing away from that mess for most of the performance....and the looks from Stevie told it all....yikes....Someone get Taylor Swift a copy of " The " Emperor's New Clothes"..... quick.....

February 1, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. Anne

Debra R, Beyonce did sing "If I Were a Boy". But I'm with you, and getting down on all fours? Very tacky for such a nice song.

February 1, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  10. LYnn

I thought that I was the only one that notice how bad this girl sung last night. Terrible, I'm not a hater, but that was terrible!
    It hurts my ears when she is singing!

February 1, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. Anne

What about "Single Ladies" getting Song of the Year? What's up with that? Seriously?

February 1, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. ME

Who was the little kid with Jay-Z?

February 1, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. Debra R

Better tone deaf than having to watch an otherwise talented woman grab her crotch....that is more offensive than being off key. Any woman who grabs her crotch is trash.

February 1, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  14. yjay

i ve to agree with everyone here, i live in Nigeria, & a lot of pple think Taylor Swift cant sing as well, i do ve one person to blame though & thats kanye, since he pulled that stunt, hes made her an overnight sensation & to be honest she s been given credit she honestly DOESNT deserve...

February 1, 2010 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  15. former ATLer

So many beautiful outfits. Even all the men looked terrific. So nice to see the Green Day guys and Kings of Leon respectful of the occasion in suits. So nice. On the tragic side–hello Jennifer Nettles?? Flashback to Tanya Tucker's ill-fated rock foray many years ago. Spandex pants and platform shoes does not make you rock and roll. And do something with that hair for Pete's sake. She's a beautiful woman in dire need of a good stylist.

February 1, 2010 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  16. Sharon

I continue to be amazed at the accolades Taylor has been getting this year. Is America tone deaf? Too much loud music so you can't hear how bad she really is. Her voice is weak and her music is childish. I could be wrong, but I don't see her with any staying power but then there are a lot of artists who are successful and we all ask why? Beats me.

January 31, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  17. watcher

can we move on now...her 15 min of fame is over now, right?

January 31, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. uggghh..

Taylor Swift just won album of the year. She is really beautiful, but the girl has absolutely no talent! I'm really really disappointed in the grammy awards. It really does prove that this award is a popularity contest that doesn't award music makers but rather trends of the day nothing more.

January 31, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Gwendolyn

This performance was another AWFUL one. And, I felt so bad for Stevie Nicks being beside this "can't carry a tune" little girl. Go away Taylor Swift. Take some voice lessons – something. I can't believe she wins the awards she does. This is really an insult to those that CAN sing and are not winning.

January 31, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. joewhoknows

phillip,....you probably missed that performace just a while ago by T Shift and Stevie Nicks....and blatchy was right...I bet Stevie Nicks was kinda buffled with Taylor's mediocre performance tonight. Many awards? I don't know if you ask me.

January 31, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. gdaym8

I just don't get Taylor Swift! Let's all be honest now...she's just not THAT good! There is a LOT of talent out there WAY better than her and not getting the attention and recognition that she is getting. I'm sorry, but she doesn't have the stage presence either. There is only one way she could have reached the level of success that she has, so fast, and with so little talent....she knows someone! Or her parents do!!!

January 31, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  22. kathi

I think they chose poor songs for these 2. Of all of Stevie's greats, Rhianna was not the best choice. And Stevie singing of teenage angst? Come on. Taylor Swift has written many better songs. I'd have liked to see Stevie w/ Bon Jovi.

January 31, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. philip

Strange how Taylor Swift has wone so many awards??? This would not happen if she could not sing. She is a very talented young lady who is going to be around a long time so get used to it, and learn to enjoy her talent,

January 31, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Really!

OMG! Taylor Swift cannot hold a tune. Every time she sings without the auto-tuner, it sounds like OUT OF TUNE, horrible karaoke!

I feel like I've been mugged every time I listen to her, because she's getting so many kudos, but SHE CAN'T SING!

January 31, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  25. blatchy

She's on right now and she really is truly awful. I don't know if she even hit half her notes in key. Steveie Nicks must have been like, this is the future of music?

January 31, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Beama

How about you not tell us who won grammy's before the show airs on the West Coast???

January 31, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |