January 26th, 2010

'The Bachelor': Jake is a picky lad

testing captions
testing captions

The nine remaining women are in two RVs, traveling up California's Pacific Coast Highway to have more adventures with Jake.  Our hero, meanwhile, is traveling by himself on his motorcycle.

We start with a one-on-one date in a vineyard, and Jake has chosen Gia as his betrothed for the day.  Vienna thinks New Yorker Gia and Southerner Jake may not mix, but Gia believes they will click.

The date begins with Jake and Gia playing hide-and-seek in a vineyard, then a game of spin the bottle.  This is like watching fourth graders on a "supervised" date.  I half-expected to see someone's parents hiding in the bushes.

We move on to what looks like a Boy Scout Jamboree.  Jake and Gia make hot dogs and s'mores by the fire, and Gia proclaims that "they don't have skies and stars in New York."  Never been to Broadway, have you Gia?  Jake says he "absolutely had the absolute best time," and gives Gia a rose.

Our next stop is Pismo Beach - no taking the wrong turn at Albuquerque here - and a six-woman date involving the women getting, in Jake's words, "extremely dirty."  Hmm, the only time I went to Pismo Beach, I did laundry because I ran out of clean clothes during a California vacation.  Laundromat, here we come?

Nope, it's dune buggy time!  After that, the women take part in "sand surfing," which looks like something created for a 1960s beach movie to try to keep the plot moving.  Jake appears to enjoy watching the women fall on their face and eat sand.

The gang now goes to a nearby hotel, where the girls clean up and spend one-on-one time with Jake.  With Vienna one of the six, the others, as usual, hope for her departure.  But in the end, no one leaves, and Jake gives Tenley the rose.

We're now headed to Big Sur, where Kathryn and Ella are participating in what's essentially a "do-or-die" date.  At the end of the date, one should get a rose, and one should go home.

But it's not to be, as Jake pulls what's perhaps the 27th biggest shocker in "Bachelor" history by sending both Kathryn and Ella home.  Jake says he cared for both, but couldn't imagine being with either of them for the next 60 years.  Kathryn and Ella say their eliminations didn't make sense.  Haven't watched previous seasons of the show, have you?

It's on to the cocktail party with no light appetizers, and five women competing for four roses.    Jessie tells Jake to get rid of Vienna, claiming she's self-centered and spoiled.  Vienna tells Jake she feels as if she's being judged differently, but Jake says he forms his own opinions.

At the rose ceremony, Jake opts to keep Ali, Corrie and...wait a minute, Jake needs to step outside to talk to Chris Harrison, who's not only the host of "The Bachelor," but possibly the show's general manager and commissioner as well.  Jake asks Chris, who's been married for 16 years, what he would do in this situation.  Chris says that since Jake believes two of the three remaining are not "Mrs. Jake" material, a rose will be removed and two women will be eliminated.

In the end, Jake eliminates Jessie and Ashleigh and keeps Vienna, much to the shock of everyone but Jake, Chris, part of the production crew and most of the viewing public.  Ali is peeved about this development, and threatens to leave the show.

Next week, Jake and the five remaining ladies head to San Francisco.  Will Jake continue to be picky?  Will the women blame Vienna for global warming and nuclear proliferation?  Will Chris Harrison parlay his decision-making skills into a guest hosting gig on "WWE Monday Night Raw"?

What did you think of "The Bachelor"?

1. just saying

Here's how it goes. Ali leaves show for "business reasons". He sends Corrie and Gia home at some point leaving Tenley and Vienna. Then he keeps Vienna for the finale.

January 29, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bridgeout

What a great post and great follow up reactions! I am glad he is picky. Here's hoping he has enough quality left to pick from!

January 29, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. smitty

Its all acting and ratings ABC is making the show go the way they want it to go with all the Drama with Vienna. I agree though Ali needs to go she is just so judgemental and again ABC is making it look that way.. After last weeks date with Gia, I like her and she doesnt seem to get caught up in all the drama again thats what ABC wants us to see..Tinley she needs to get away from Ali its like she is her pupit and agrees with everything she says but she is smart by not talking to Jake about it... If she would quit getting caught up in Ali she would be the favorite.. Oh I guess we have to wait til this week and see who goes home.... Ali needs to but then the ratings.. Vienna Im not sure they are not showing us enough how she truly is... Enjoy and Go Jake I hope you do you find the Love of your Life, your such a cutey... Good Luck and God Bless.

January 28, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. Princess

Jake you deserve to be Happy in your life you want to make sure you pick that lady will be your lover forever. I been watching this show from the beginning and I notice there are few ladies do match for Jake.
    Jake your very handsome talent and seems you got everything so pick and think carefully just be careful with Ali and Gia they seems to be controlling and both have attitude.

January 28, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  5. Good Luck

Ali you have to go she is pushy and arrogant and she think for Jake and she is such a desperate and very jealous type . Jake watch out for Ali
    seriously totally.

January 27, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Good Luck

Ali is more a drama queen watch for her Jake and Gia she have to go and corrie too.
    She is not the best for you and Vienna is just being herself and she is nice person seems she is spontaneous lady.
    I like to see Vienna and Jake and my second choice will be Tenley and Jake .
    Jake we hope you pick the right one for you and good luck.

January 27, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kevin G

Yeah i agree that Vienna can out run her brothers in a dash. He must like them kind of weightlifter type women that look like a man.Or he just likes the cross eyed look. Maybe thats his idea of a mountain woman ?He can use Vienna as a pack mule. The way Jake acted doing the bungee jump he might need a muscle bound girl like Vienna??? just saying. To bad Vienna isn't as crazy loco as Michelle or Elizabeth Jake would get rid of the rest next show. .Maybe Vienna should write a long rambling nutty letter like Elizabeth did.That would work with Jake. I'm starting to think Jake doesn't have alot of experience with women.

January 27, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bethany

Women should find this show incredibly demeaning. Where are Gloria Steinem and NOW when you need them? Any bimbo who goes on a show to compete with several other bimbos for the affection of a loser who can't find a date otherwise deserves to be flogged. This disgusts me.

January 27, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  9. Hate Vienna

Vienna is a guy! She is the most masculine looking woman on the show and that blond hair looks horrible on her man face.
    She is practically cross-eyed and I agree, if Jake picks her, he must be gay.

I hope Tenley gets Jake, she's the only real one there and is sweet.

January 27, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. David

You know, Jake's my boy and all, but I really have to wonder about his selections via the latest episode. The two girls I wanted him to retain were both sent packing: Jessie and Ella. True, Jessie didn't "up her ante" to get some of his attention, yet I thought she would have been a much better partner for him than Vienna had she been given another chance. She was just classy. Did you see how she reacted when he dismissed her? She told HIM "Good Luck" and still maintained a great smile. She also returned the compliment of "amazing" after he told her the same. Now THAT'S class! That act ALONE make me want her even more! So few women these days are like that. Understandably, she was a bit upset–so was I. Ella seemed mature, grounded, intelligent, and well-rounded mentally and she's incredibly gorgeous! OMG, those eyes! I really thought that she'd be one of the finalists. I think he dismissed her mainly because he felt guilty about her being away from her son for so long, but she dispelled that, encouraging the fact that they both seemed to have a great connection. Ali seemed like a great catch initially, but now it seems she's focusing her efforts on her competition–Vienna–rather than Jake and manifesting a not-so-pleasant side of her. I do agree with Kevin G. wholeheartedly. Since I missed last week's episode (Jan. 18th), I missed the "drama" of Michelle getting tossed (thank goodness!!). I couldn't stand her! Such drama! So, of the remaining girls, who are mostly immature for him, I'll stick with Gia, Tenley, and Corrie. Gia's laugh is like that of a thirteen-year old, and Tenley, although her heart was broken, seems a bit immature (especially her voice). So, that leaves Corrie... We shall see.

January 27, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. TB.

My husband and I watched the show and we jotted down the name of contestants. We then played a guessing game. It's fun for a couple at the end of the day to have some time together and see the behaviors displayed from young women/men. We bet on every episode who is gone and who is staying. Have fun with the show, because we think, destiny is God's will. Overall the show is not bloodshed and killing. After a long day of work we need to unwind, so the show is the only show I watch. It reminds me that human have many facets and helps me reading the facial expressions of the people whose are not real actors and actress.
    It helps me read their body languages so I can be a better companion to others.

January 27, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. bb

why is Jake always complaining that "oh that its so hard for me to get a second date", and "oh and in highschool they called me Dateless Dorky" or whatever it was...first the guy is booorrring, second, what is with all his lumberjack shirts, and third, he says "this is him" that he is always camping and in the woods...and all the girls he chose to be on the show have fake boobs and high heel shoes!! we are the suckers I guess. I think Jake is gay but doesnt know it. Get a grip and choose real women! These catty, high maintenance chicks make real women look bad.

January 27, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. Kris

I have to say this is the most unpredictable show ever – so many .... I guess you'd call them losers on the show. I felt Ali was the best in the beginning as well but her true self has really come across b..... I don't like Vienna – too much of a drama queen. I've like Tenley from the beginning and hope to see her in the end. They match the best. Corrie seems OK but not right. I also liked Ella she seemed to be there for the right reason.
    The producers certainly picked some strange women, etc. Michelle, Elizabeth, Vienna, and Rozlyn. They need to do more background checks or something.

January 27, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  14. emtlady

Marcus, what are you then if you read all about the show instead – something worse than a moron – yep, I guess so

Ali I was on her team too, now too catty. He let Ella go and it's too bad she seemed the most grounded and ready for a relationship. We'll see....

January 27, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  15. David

Trash show, this show moves to destroy one young lady,s to up its ratings. Meanwhile, the Texas egotistical jerk is kissing on and exploiting all of the girls, AND HE PASSES JUDGEMENT.
    Nothing but TRASH TV. Only fit for Texans

January 27, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  16. deborah

Ali has me wondering why i had once liked her...i'm sooooo tired of that girl.....she is so high school all over again.......she actually has me liking vienna....

January 27, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  17. Love it

I love it....don't you just want to watch some trash when you get home from work!? I think that if they are crazy enough to think that they will find lasting love on a TV show then let them make fools of themselves in front of the nation and let Jake have the sheep's skin over his eyes! I was actually disappointed to see the Show pick him as the Bachelor even though what he tried to do for Jillian took integrity. I hope they start fresh with Bachelorette! Pick someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of the show, who hasn't already had their ten minutes of fame, and who will at least appear to be real in front of the cameras!

January 27, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  18. Krista

In the end, wouldn't we all wish to have a bevy of beauties or studs to choose from? Whether you admit it or not – we all know there is a small part of us that would take pleasure in knowing we were the prize. Granted, I wouldn't want to make a show of it on public TV nor would I want to live through the pressure and catty competition that Jake experienced. It does make it all seem like a game...with the talented editing, smoke, and lights – it's hard to know what is real. Never-the-less, we still watch the drama play out before our eyes and I'm convinced it's due to the fact that I...I mean we...have nothing nearly as exciting going on in our own lives and wish to live vicariously and quite voyeuristically through Jake and his ladies. I hope Jake finds love – then perhaps the rest of us will realize that it is possible for us too! Even if we aren't bikini or speedo worthy!

January 27, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  19. Randi K

Why this show is still on the air is mind boggling! It is a train wreck. I have to admit though, I am drawn in by it's cheeseball antics week after week. Jake has to be the cheesiest of all bachelors in the history of the show. His date with Gia was the absolute corniest thing I have ever seen. Hide and seek in a vineyard? Spin the bottle? Really? No, really? She has the mentality of a 14 year old. Which is not to say any of the other bachelorettes seem to be much smarter. If Jake were smart he would have gotten rid of Ali. She is the ring leader who seems to always be at the center of the "get Vienna" campaign. If Jake were really looking for a wife he would be lining up the women and asking them the right questions. He indicated he has a strong "faith" and that comes first. He said he wants someone who can get along with people. He said he wants someone to be his wife. Hmmmmmmm.....he hasn't said much else. Okay, okay.....so Jake isn't much smarter than a 14 year old himself. He has fallen for the fantasy that the concept of the bachelor can find you love for life. Line up 25 women who have personal aspirations to be on TV. Clean em' up for ratings. Have them live in fancy digs and do fancy things. Maybe that's why I haven't met the man of my dreams? The reality is, love is a choice. You can fall in love with anyone you want. Finding someone you want to spend your whole life with is what's complicated. The one thing the Bachelor has proven is that when the cameras go away and the fancy cars and mansions and dates are gone the bachelor and his bachelorette of choice are left to deal with the reality of each of their lives. Usually, they are living in 2 different parts of the country. Usually, neither one has the money to live the lifestyle that the show has provided. Usually, reality sucks and they end up calling it off...another bachelor shocker.

January 27, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  20. Mary

Ian...that's an awesome post! And soooo true..on all accounts!!!

January 27, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  21. Judy Gberg

I stopped watching this show years ago qfter realizing it is nothing more that how many men/women can the bachelor/bachelorette sleep with and make out with to form a long lasting realtionship. I just don't tune in anymore... when are we going to see some better quality shows on TV!

January 27, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  22. Siri

He got rid of Valishia because her name is so ghetto.

January 27, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  23. Terry

I agree with Marcia. I really like Alli in the beginning and thought she was the most mature and suitable to Jake. But now, OMG she is definitely the ring leader with Corrie just doing what Allie says. Allie is a b**** and needs to grow up! Stopped worrying about the other girls in the house and cutting them down – Allie you need to go. I really like Vienna and Gia. Vienna is funny and like to joke around, too bad the other girls in the house don't have a fun personality and are too stuck on themselves. I also like Gia, for a model she seems very down to earth. My picks are definitely Gia and Vienna – Allie get lost you stuck up B****!

January 27, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. ian

All these people condemning the show, Americans, and t.v. in general with their comments are too funny. What are you doing posting here? Shouldn't you be rehearsing for Shakespeare in the Park, or perfecting your nose in the air pose?

It's not complicated....Vienna has really big boobs. Checkmate.

January 27, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. windycityjoanie

This show, more so than in the past, seems very very scripted. You can catch scenes with Jake and the girls looking in the cam for direction. I think because it is so boring this season they have to add the "burning rose" and the "take away" rose. And those cool subtitles( from group Ali) after Vienna was left standing. I actually needed a cigarette after that. Sheesh!! It's like an accident that you can't stop looking at...... I think maybe Jake might do better on eHarmony where the people are 29 dimensional instead of 1.......

January 27, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  26. Juliet

Alli is turning out to be something .... why get so caught up with Vienna. When her focus should be on Jake....her true colour has really come out...i am disappointed....because i thought she was the one....but now i think she would be a big mistake.

January 27, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  27. Futbol Czarina

Editing..the show is all about editing!

Have cameras in your faces 24/7 and you will inevitably say dumb things. We get a 2 hour glimpse of the overall behavior, greatly edited for us to form opinions–good and bad–about each of the harem. (Love your term, Salem.)
    Vienna is just as likely to be kind as sweet as Tenley, but we will never know. Heaven forbid should we have all the information to make an informed decision about the participants. Again, it's editing. We root for the virginal queen, but there is no depth beyond this quality shown.

We watch The Bachelor because it's hysterically funny! My girls learn how NOT to behave around a group of girls and one guy. Can't take the show or its content seriously. It Jake finds love, wonderful. Not likely, but wish him the best of luck. Just as likely to find "love of his life" is a grocery store, church, or bar as to be the center of attention on the Bach.

As a previous posted stated, the wife of a pilot MUST be independent and self-sufficient to handle the lifestyle. It is not glamorous, but is often lonely. No patience for whiney women who don't understand how and why to do things themselves. To be married to a pilot, one must be able to think for herself, expect constant delays or unexpected departure, handle holidays/special occasions solo, and be willing to often raise children without nightly help of husband.

Any of the remaining women who can do this?

January 27, 2010 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  28. Marcus Moore

You have to be a real MORON to watch this garbage!

January 27, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  29. Kathie

Well Ali you were my fav going into this show, but now, your seething personality has made you my least fav. Maybe all the girls shoud worry about themselves and let Jake figure out Vienna for himself. Stop with the dramatics girl and have fun playing the game. Remember the way things are going, he may walk away empty handed when all is said and done....Hmmm never know this season.

January 27, 2010 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  30. Jerri Michael

Someone has leaked on a website that Viena actually wins in the end. I hope not. I don't see the connection. I thought I loved Ali but she is just becoming annoying. She needs to go. I like this show because it shows the dianamics of relationships. Interesting.

January 27, 2010 at 5:53 am | Report abuse |
  31. cindy

Never thought I would see Ella leave. But to keep Vienna? The show has to have some drama somewhere. I am for Gia or Tenley (since Ella is gone). But strangers things have happened! Maybe Jake could go to Chris and say he wants some of the girls he let go come back! Really – why get rid of multiples each episode? Are we fast tracking here to end the show early? In the end – Jake will follow his heart and choose (or not!) the person he sees himself with for the rest of his life.

January 27, 2010 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  32. Kevin G

Jessie was my favorite. She had a cute petite body, pretty face and eyes. A kind of regal look, Sweet disposition. Cool calm and collected. . Had a loving look with the one time i seen her hug Jake.Then Jake keeps Vienna a thick legged crossed eyed bleach blonde with a over bearing personality, All the girls warn jake Vienna is horrible. Then Jake gets rid of Jessie saying thank for the tip on Vienna. What a slap in the face. I know he has bad taste. In the earlier shows why did he keep giving roses to Michelle the drama queen nut? plus she was homely as hell. Looking like trailor trash, beedy eyes, stringy hair, thin pointy nose, thin lips. yecch! And acted like a nut!! WHAT? Corrie is the only one left that has some class. She has a regal poised look and a good personality. But Jake will pick Vienna for some ungodly reason i'm thinking.

January 27, 2010 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  33. Lagayette

All of you who say you quit watching the show are liars! Otherwise, why would you even be responding to this article. If you're not watching it, you wouldn't have anything to say now.

So it's goofy and corny; so what? Don't knock the rest of our fun!
    We're not hurting you or anyone else by watching.

As for you liars, you know watching is a guilty secrret pleasure. So you might as well fess up or shut up!

January 27, 2010 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
  34. Vinod

This is the 9th season on the bachelor, and up till now there has not been one bachelor of color. All the girls that get through are always white. When will people that cast this show realize that there are also non-white people on this planet. This show is revolting!

January 27, 2010 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  35. Gayle

for the record folks, Jake works for Alantic Southwest Airlines
    as a captain flying small commuter planes, you know baby jets.

Trust me, he should be dating anyone on this show
    with the salary he's pulling in from this job.

These girls, have no idea, that they all probably make
    more money they he does, with the exception of the
    wardrobe consultant LOL

at 31, He should of moved on to a major carrier
    and started flying bigger jets, though it might not
    be his fault with the economy and working for a
    company that doesn't have the bigger jets.

He must be in heaven, to have all these girls
    fighting over him, and this is great exposure for his
    dormant acting career.

he's going to pick Vienna, so her rich daddy
    can support them.

This show is such a joke, and it's sad to think
    there are girls excited to watch this show because
    they think he's Christian. He's using these girls
    to get higher ratings by messing with them.
    It's so obvious, i guess, people see what they want to see.

January 27, 2010 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  36. J

We saw the football throw. We watched it about four times to make sure we actually saw what we thought we saw. At that point our prognosis was sure: hopeless.

January 27, 2010 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  37. canadianfan

If it's Vienna, maybe it was the bungee jumping. Seems to have worked for the last couple too. Instant bonding.

January 27, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  38. Petra

Jake is too good for any of those girls. The girls are really shallow, catty,
    and unaccomplished compared to Jake. What was the producer of the show thinking when he matched these girls to him....they have no depth or substance to keep a man like Jake around.

January 27, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  39. beezer

Definitely Vienna has to go! Disappointingy next is Ali. I'm pulling for Gia.
    Grow up girls!

January 27, 2010 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  40. Dianne

Jake should have taken the opportunity to get rid of Vienna (ugh), and kept Jessie and Ella. I thought he had better taste. I don't get it, at this rate the show will be over before we know it. By the way wasn't he the one that tried to warn the bachelorette. You would think he would have appreciated the warning himself. Hmmm

January 27, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  41. Mona19595

I would truly love to see less of the reality type show's and more comedies on TV. Reality had it's day and that day has ended!

As for the Bachelor I saw the first episode and noticed how all of the girls were immature and that was it for me. Plus they didn't seem genuine at all. Because they were mostly models, exercise instructor's in other words "air heads". What ever happened to real women?

January 27, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  42. steve

Did anyone see Jake try to throw the football in the first episode...? LMAO.

January 26, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Cindy

I am so excited that Jake professes to be a Christian this season. Its a nice suprise to see a man with some integrity and character on the show. I hope he conducts himself in a way that will honor God through all the drama of the show.

January 26, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Julie

Team Jake!

January 26, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Stevey B

Luckily Jake is used to pulling up on his own stick, which is what he will be doing when this show is over.

January 26, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Sherry

This is absolutely the most boring Bachelor ever! They had to have all the drama to keep people watching. I dont think any of the girls remaining are in it for the right reason. Not only is Jake extremely BORING, he doesn't seem very bright. I think he has a personality defect. I mean if you want to argue he has a personality at all!!

January 26, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Mandy

Jake stated on Monday's episode that the #1 thing he was looking for in a mate was their faith base. Vienna talked early on about her pastor and being engaged to the pastor's son when she was 18. I suspect that his connection with Vienna could have a lot to do with her faith in God. I agree with many others that Ali has become annoying being overly concerned with Vienna sticking around.

January 26, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  48. joann

I hope he walk's off the show, with no-one!!!!!!

January 26, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  49. sssssss

Seriously CG Salem –
    "I hate the show and won't watch it again" - if you don't watch Bachelor – what are you doing reading this blog and then adding your 2 cents?

I watch every episode and laught at the silliness – it's better than the stale CSI this and CSI that. I don't need to watch any more people getting cut up, shot of found buried alive. Take the show for what it's worth – a show...entertainment.

As for Ali – love the girl – but good grief, mind your own business. As with Jessie, this will get you your "walking papers" – which is too bad, because she would be a good choice. It's all about Tenley – which I am happy to see, she's a good girl. But Jake needs to keep some "bad girls" (ie: Vienna) around to keep the show amusing – if he were really serious about "finding his wife" – he would have gotten rid of the drama girl a LONG time ago. He's not stupid enough to not see that she is the drama. And what about Roz? He said it himself "she wasn't the type of girl that he would normally date" he was just hoping to keep her long enough to ... well... you know.

Remember everyone – comedy ... it's a comedy....

January 26, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Regina

Thanks for this. Although I do regularly watch The Bachelor, I wasn't looking forward to 2 hrs of DVR torture. The Bach was opposite 24 last night. I go for Jack Bauer every time.

January 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Luann

Wasn't Jake the one that tried to warn Jillian last season that Wes was not who he appeared to be? Haven't the girls tried to warn Jake about Vienna? After having been on 2 seasons of these shows, he knows how this works. I am sure he is just doing what the producers want him to do – keeping Vienna was for shock value and to raise the ratings.

January 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  52. windycityjoanie

First of all...I think Ali needs her own show....shall we call it...."ME ME ME"...OMG...but Jake is already starting his life with his lady so I guess it doesn't matter what we say here. That "don't kiss me chick" had to go .... I am glad Jake strapped on a set for that one. Tenley is OK I guess but I still think she is carrying baggage from her divorce.
    I think it's gonna be Vienna..... not sure why...... but Gia ran away from a raccoon...... (not out doorsy enuf for Jake). More to follow

January 26, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Arleen

From the onset of the show, I liked Ali and thought she was carefree and genuine. Now I'm seeing a manipulative, jealous and spiteful young woman. This week, I found Tenley to be a strong contender. She is sweet, gentle and I have not heard her talk bad about the other women.

I think this show is distasful, however funny and amusing. Jake seems like a smart guy, truly servious about looking for the right woman to marry who is down to earth, authentic, and can open and share her heart with him. He's not wasting any time in letting go of some women if there's clearly no love connection and chemistry.

On the other hand, the women appear insecure and inauthentic, pretending to be friends with each other then later talking badly behind each other's back. I see this as a desperate ploy for them to get married and have kids. Do these women want to get married for the sake of marriage? There's so much more to that.

January 26, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Beckster

Can't believe Jake let Ella go..can see some of the other choices, but please, VIENNA..she is 23 years old and just a ignorant biatch...please..I have watched this show for years, and I can't believe that Vienna is even still in the running...I agree with the other bloggers...guess this is just a show tactic because nobody in their right mind would pick Vienna and send someone home like Ella..being from Texas, Jake, wake up...sad day is coming for you...Go Gia and Tenely...you both have class and would be good for Jake!

January 26, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Watson

Why did this show refuse to show anything with what's her name?? That girl from Canada!!! They showed virtually NOTHING from day one of her! Jake ends up with no-one.

January 26, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  56. I don't get

I don't get how 25 girls can be sure things for a guy with none of them deciding he is not their type and most crying when he dumps them. Suppose the producers do such a good job of screening candidates that they end up with (on paper) a reasonable selection of potential mates. But even Ali said, if Vienna is his type, then she is not his type. Maybe in the MOST shocking Bachelor ever, Ali will tell Jake she wants to leave because she knows it could never work.

That would be a hilarious episode!!! The girls tell Jake that, if he likes VIenna, then they all are leaving the show, making his decision easy and flipping the script on the show.

Here's what I think. Next week Ali will tell Jake she hates Vienna and Ali's behind will be booted along with yesterday's reject who dissed Vienna.

It is entertaining for the farse factor. Last week's show had me in stitches.

January 26, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  57. JT

What a phony!! I don't quite know yet what "sho-biz career of tomorrow" this strange dude is angling toward, but everything is contrived, artificial and over produced. Would LOVE to see a woman have the dignity to tell him "If this is what you honestly think then you're not good or wise enough for me."

January 26, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  58. GD

All television is insipid.

It's turning the US in an Idiocracy.

January 26, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  59. CG Salem

I'm an older lady and can't believe how insipid this show is. These girls should be sternly lectured about the foolishness of throwing themselves at a man and becoming a 'harem.'

I hate the show and won't watch it again.

January 26, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Patrick

This crap needs to be off air, how insulting to women. Is this what women think they are good for? Many women complain about the oppression of the muslim women, this crap is even more oppressive because you should know better. God help us.

January 26, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Im a Val

I totally agree with Suze and Deb, I thought the same thing last night about Alli. She is using the girls to do her dirty work. and what happened to telling Jake off " If she received a rose" she wants all the other girls to talk bad about Vienna to Jake, so she can come off as Ms. perfect to jake. I loved Alli at the beginning, but can' stand her now.

As for Jake, he is a hottie with a body, but boring as all heck, If he picks Vienna Ill never watch this show again.

January 26, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  62. tt

once a man with 'short man syndrome', always. he sucks.....

January 26, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Dan

I LOVE Gia!! I hope he gets rid of her so I can go find her and marry her!!!

January 26, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Alyse

As a nearing 60 female, I watch this show & think, God was I ever this stupid acting around men? And I know I was! Overtly sexual too, which on the show just comes across as desperate. Why doesn't Ali comb her hair. She has nice long hair, and she wears it up like she's home on a SAturday doing the laundry.

January 26, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Isay

I liked Ali before, but not anymore. She became so bitching and she thinks that she is the only one there. Actually she is the ugliest one among the girls.

January 26, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Ed fan

I liked Ali in the beginning. Now her true personality is coming out and she is looking uglier and uglier to me.....like a young hag. She has to go. Vienna has that crazy left eyeball which wanders....I can't tell where she is looking half the time. Plus she is just a jerk and has to go. Corrie lost me at the talent show.....I can't stand her. Gia seems nice and so does Tenley. I think it will be those two in the end and he will pick Tenley.

January 26, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Cathy

It was predictable that he'd keep Vienna in the mix – why not give the viewing audience another week of catfight drama? As for Jake – he's as exciting as watching paint dry – I mean c'mon – he may be great eye candy – but he's totally scripted and can't seem to pull off those dramatic moments with any amount of convincing. I think the time has come to bid adieu to the Bachelor and the Bachelorette formats – their 15 minutes is up.

January 26, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  68. DCW

I have no opinion on The Bachelor but I sort of love you for the Looney Tunes reference.

January 26, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Suzy

Jake is not going to pick anyone and I agree if he does, it will be over before the final show. I have never seen so many immature women in my life....they act about 12 years old. Jake made a big mistake in not keeping Ella in the mix. She was classy, intelligent, beautiful and worth getting to know better. I like the fact that Ali is just a no BS kind of girl. Tenley needs a therapist to get over being dumped by her first husband, and Gia, although beautiful, is not playing with a full deck. Then we have Vienna, the one RealitySteve says will be the pick....well, if Jake does select Vienna, he must be blind....first she is really awful looking (did you see her without makeup)? And, secondly, she acts absolutely foolish around him, giggling and hanging on him. Wow, wouldn't she look nice on the arm of a flight instructor at a social event? All of this really makes me sick, yet I am glued to the television, so ABC is doing something right!

January 26, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Sherri

I agree, Ali needs to go, why doesn't she worry about herself and leave Vienna alone. Jeez, she needs to be slapped!!!

January 26, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Elizabeth

i love the bachelor!!! i cant believe all you people that dont like it are even on here wasting time. if you dont like it, why are you writing about it. Tenley & Ali have been my favorite from the beginning!! but unfortunately... jake picks Vienna over Tenley in the end..

January 26, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Wanda

Ah, Jake is a stud! Has no meat on his cheeks and when he smiles he looks like a caucasian prune, but he's cute somehow.
    Vienna haters, don't google the spoilers, for your own sake!
    This show is sooooo manipulated by those producers it is a romantic comedy

January 26, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Jenn F.

I just can't get enough of this terrible show! I'm drawn in like a moth to a flame. There are moments when I'm so incredibly embarrassed for these women. In ordinary circumstances, they wouldn't give this guy the time of day. Let us not forget that Jake is the same, awkward, sappy man that Jillian axed last season. If he does end up choosing a woman in the last episode, I give them one week after the taping of "After the FInal Rose" to go their separate ways. If I hear "On the Wings of Love" again, I'm going to be sick!

January 26, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Sandy

Get real you all. It is all about the ratings. Jake is a whimp, and none really cares who he ends up choosing, they are all fake and they don't fall in love, they're on the show to get exposure for other purposes, i.e. Playboy magazine, Penthouse, or just a plain waitress job. etc. etc , And he is rushing through the show with less roses because the show needs to end soon as the Winter Olympics are coming and people will switch channels. He is just as bad as Jason and should just stick to being a pilot, why hasn't he landed a girl in al of his flights?
    Because he doesn't really want one. He won't end up with any of them.

January 26, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Tammy

After watching numerous seasons of the show I have to say that I hope things work out for Jake but it's not reality at all, what happens when the over the top dates, lights and camera stop rolling? Most of the time it doesn't work out. But for Jake to keep Vienna around to me is like the rescue syndrome, she jumped off the bridge with him and now I think he feels he owes her something or that is there connection.

January 26, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Joan

I think the Bachelor and/or Bachelorette should be able to see the behind scenes footage of comments and behavior behind his or her back prior to the rose ceremony each week. It may have an impact on his or her decision

January 26, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Terry Hensley

The show is a total fake and needs a better script writer. I nominate fellow Commenter "Money" to feed these losers their lines. Vienna Sausage–Hilarious!

January 26, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Patti

Reading this has me laughing out loud! We are watching strictly for the humor. Everyone's right-Ali is evil. Tenley is too goody-goody. Vienna has crazy eyes. Sorry, but Ella had to go. She looks way too old for him, she's too motherly, and her son is annoying. And, what the heck was up with Ashleigh throwing herself all over Jake?! It's all too funny, but I read on a spoiler blog that Vienna wins. Yuck!

January 26, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  79. SNAPPA

Absolute total losers one and all...

January 26, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  80. heart doc

easy to see why this guy is still single, he is clueless. He has latched on to the one woman that none of the others like (vienna) he is missing all of the signs. She is 23, way too young and spoiled for a mature 31 yo guy. He tossed aside the only mature woman in the bunch (ella) probably because he can't handle a child. He states he is spiritual but Vienna appears to be the least spiritual of all the girls. I could buy the "he is gay" angle. Tossing 2 girls at a time shows his level of immaturity, it is obvious he is unable to accept women as friends first and is looking for a wild passionate love affair and not a life long mate.

January 26, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Amanda

IF he picks Vienna...its because of the $$

January 26, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Amanda

He never gave Jessie any time what so ever...and then he kicks her off the show, doesn't even give her a chance. He wants to waste his time on the women that talk about the other women. How immature is he? I thought he was a MAN!! Grow up...and choose Tensley...she is the best match for you....plus she's from Oregon!! Go Ducks!

January 26, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Brenda

I thought last year was bad when Jason pulled his stunt. Breaking up on nationally TV with Melissa was so cruel of him. She fared much better. A great guy, a beautiful wedding, and a great exposure on "Dancing With The Stars". And he's still not married.
    This year is the WORST ever. The girls are very immuture and picky about everything. Mark in down, that on Jan.26th, I said he will pick Vienna just because everyone doesn't want him too & she has something on him or about him and 2nd place Tenley will be devasted. Watch & See.

January 26, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Lolly

Ali is right. Vienna is deceitful, spiteful, and not right for Jake.

January 26, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  85. C.Sanford

Wow, this guy is pulling no punches, when it comes to whether he wants to see you or not. Don't waste anymore of his time if he doesn't feel it....he is a no frills kind of personality..he is either interested in you or he is not. The problem is he doesn't ask the those concrete questions one should ask. His questions are so junior highish or high schoolish, and the answers are going to be of same mind set! Sorry!

I am sorry, he is a good looking guy, with a bimbo mind set, as well as the rest of the women. Some of the women just have a lot of air up there in their heads. There were a couple of ladies i like, there was one whom I really liked a lot, and that was Kathryn, with the son. A very cool lady!

January 26, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Michaela

I admit I watch this show and love/hate it, mostly the latter. Until I read all these postings, I couldn't figure out why everyone – including the show participants – refers to the contestants as "girls". What happened to the term "women"?? Duh – now I get it. "Girls" is the right word for them – immature, insecure, catty, selfish, untested and lookin' for love in all the wrong places. But – they are entertaining!

January 26, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Tina

Well, as many of you have pointed out, this show is a joke. I think they're asking Jake to cut them quicker than usual because the ratings are dropping. As far as the quality of girls on the show – just look at the quality of the guy! It seems to me he's looking for a ditzy blonde (hence he's gotten rid of all brunettes except Gia, but she's ditzy which he apparently likes). Ali is obviously going to get axed on the next show – she said "if he pick Vienna, I'm going to give him a talking to" (or whatever words she used). He's not looking for another mother – he's looking for a .... ditz. As far as who's "real" or "fake" or whatever, WHO knows, frankly who really cares! It's TV people, it's made for entertainment. Which brings me to the question: Why did they pick Jake for this season? He is NOT entertaining, but the ditzy crew is, so I'll keep watching. Last, but not least, I have a comment for The Dish (up above at 4:09), you STOLE my idea! I have always thought that if ABC was interested in real people finding love they deserve, they should do a show on singles over 40! Chances are against us that we'll ever find love – – – when you're beautiful and 25, the world is in your favor. Good luck to you, the ditzies, Jake and all who seek love!

January 26, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Dana

I believe he should have kept Ella they looked like they would have made a cute couple as well as a happy family. Vienna needs to go she is getting on my nerves. She is ugly as hell! She is just the all around BITCH she looks like and that is all that needs to be said. Jake needs to really wisen up because he told Jillian about what's his face last year and so he needs to take his own advice and listen to the other girls when it comes to Vienna. I do believe she is just trying to sink her claws into him. She seems like a daddy's girl who has always gotten her way.

January 26, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Theresa

I'm proud to say my 19-year-old daughter tells me she watches the show "to learn how not to act on a date, or in a relationship." Very wise. My husband and I watch it for comic relief. It's so incredibly corny. Everyone is dumbed down to the lowest possible level, with the same recurring plot (and lines, making a connection, etc.). It's a ridiculous program. I'm content watching PBS exclusively!

January 26, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Lesley

I agree... Ali has to go! Was it me or did poor Jessie not get any airtime... Ella was probably the most mature. All the others are still playing games... too young for Jake! I feel like we're watching an episode of Mean Girls... This season's women seem to be wacked!

January 26, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  91. danny riley

i find it strange that so many on here tell of not watching the show anymore....but here you are, commenting on it!! Me thinks someone besides the girls aren't being quite honest!!!

January 26, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  92. j7653

Gia is still there because she's pretty cute and has a rockin' body. Hope Jake gets some of that before he lets her go!

Tenley seems best for him.

January 26, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Angela

I am sorry I hope Jake chooses Tenley I really wanted him to choose Ella she was the only mature one of all. I think Vienna is ugly and childish. He really needs to look at her in a different way she looks like a he/she with long hair there is nothing to her at all she even walks like a man she has broad shoulders like a man, GROSSS. If he chooses Vienna I will never watch the bachelor again.

January 26, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Steve

I love these posts! Keeps me from having to waste my time to actually watch the show. : )

January 26, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Janie

Kathryn had no personality. Ella was very nice, and I was disappointed that Jake let her go. I used to like Ali, but since she appointed herself judge and jury, she is getting annoying! I think he either is not going to pick anyone, or it may be Gia. I like Tenley, but she is too goody-goody. Keeps playing the "I've only been with one man card". Keep it to yourself...we're not interested!

January 26, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  96. DC

Les,

Given that you have this information from a "reliable source", I would expect that you would get the names right. Ali (not Ari) and Tenley (not Tensley) are their names. Despite this misstep (which makes me think your "reliable source" isn't so reliable), that would be a good final four.

Like Brian and his girlfriend, my boyfriend and I watch this purely for its comedic value. The idea of finding "true love" on a "reality" tv show is so preposterous, but the sheer idiocy of these women keeps us watching. And if Vienna does win, Tenley would make a great Bachelorette next season.

January 26, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  97. LFitz

Some friends told me I should watch this show, because it involved a pilot. (My husband is a pilot with over 7500 flying hours). I wanted to throw up in my mouth.

First off, I'm not sure I even like Jake. He seems nice, but doesn't know what he wants from the women on the show. Granted, all I'm seeing of them is what the tv producers want us to see – but perhaps the reason Jake is acting that way is because not a single one will make a good pilot's wife.

Being married to a pilot for 9 years and watching our pilot friends and family over the years, we've seen a lot of splits. Flying either commercially or military (or both, in the case of us and our friends), the marriages that last are the ones with strong, independent women and good guys that roll with the punches (one had a child with non-hodgkin's lymphoma, another spouse had cancer, etc) The ones that don't last are the ones with needy, clingy and manipulative women. There's been one or two because the guy was a loser, but it was generally because the needy women fell apart. The women I saw last night on the show are ALL of the latter category.

To have a successful marriage to a pilot (either male or female) the spouse needs to be independent, have a great circle of friends, and have lots of interests of their own (as well as shared ones with the spouse), and be a good teammate with their spouse. And these women are way too selfish to be a team with anyone, let alone a pilot.

January 26, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Rachel

People actually watch this crap?

January 26, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Jose the Great

I believe Jake will pick Vienna in the final show...

That being said, doesn't anyone really wonder why this guy is still single?

Personally, I thiought he should have kept Elizabeth... sure she teased him about him wanting to kiss her and he, apparently, decided that his patience (or lack of) was not enough to keep her on the show... Part of wanting to know more about the other is to figure out how to get beyond those barriers... She may have been a tease, but that's part of the game of dating and meeting someone! Teasing is Great!!!

As to why I believe Vienna will win – fairly easy... all of the others will basically tell Jake that Vienna is not good enough... Eventually, that feedback to Jack will backfire as he will simply think it as 'high-school drama'... Plus Vienna has a great ability to cry 'on queue', beauty not withstanding...

In the end.. Vienna will be the winner... and at some point (I will give it about 10 days), she will then be the whinner as Jake will just admit that his affection for his plane is just too much to ignore....

Or, perhaps Michelle has peaked his interest after all... lol...

January 26, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  100. janet

don't think Alli will be around much longer, especially if she goes off on Jake about keeping Vienna. She needs to worry about herself and quit acting like a 2 yr old spoiled brat. I think he has a strong connection to Vienna but still won't rule out that she can't seem to get along with any of the bratty girls.

January 26, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Michelle

Hello! Jake. Can you say WES? Do you not remember being on the other side and trying to tell your potential wife what she couldn't see for herself. C'mon. You're just keeping Vienna for the ratings. If NOBODY likes her, there must be something to it!

January 26, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  102. zither

They do all need to grow up. Ali seems like one of the 'mean girls' we all knew in high school. It is none of her business why he wants to keep Vienna and the more these girls spend their time talking to him about the other girls, the more they show their true shallowness.

Talk about what is important to you in life, your family, what you like to do in your spare time, your adventures – these women all come across as boring one dimensional pretty girls who have probably made it through life on their looks. I'm not sure if any are best for him, but I would be disgusted with the ones that only seem interested in bashing their competitors if I were him.

January 26, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  103. JD

This show would be better if Jake was allowed to absolutely pummel these dummies right in the mouth.

January 26, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Jeff Redondo Beach, CA

We quit watching years ago. Cannot believe it is so highly rated. Confirms why "Green Acres" and "the gong show" stayed on the air for so long!!

January 26, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Gail Snail

Apparently Jake sees something in Vienna that he doesn't see in the other girls. The more those girls put down Vienna, the more likely Jake is to keep her around.

All parents know that if you want your child to break up with someone you (parents) do not like, do NOT put that person down as your child will gravitate towards them.

January 26, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  106. the dish

I think Vienna has a horse face and crossed eyes. All the forced giggling by the women on the show is like listening to the scrape of chalk on a chalkboard . WIcked annoying. Plus when Gia went hiding in the vineyard. GIve me a break, couldn't miss her or her high pitched giggle. and then, hanging on his back like the "little monkey" Llamas from several shows back. Sadly I do watch but only to call my friend who is also watching so we can tell each ot her we can't believe we are watching this crap. I think they should have a show called the "unclaimed jewel" and give us single over 40 women, who do not giggle a chance. Not!

January 26, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Paulette

The only good thing about the show is this blog.

January 26, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Me

this show is so degrading.

January 26, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Cheryl

For Jake to still keep Vienna around, I realize this show is all about drama and ratings.

I can see why Jake is still single. He doesn't have a clue to what he wants!

January 26, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  110. DBN

Jake is nausiating, and I would be out of there on my own accord. What woman likes a man who tears up at a rose ceremony on the bachelor? Give me a break!

I agree ... Ali is obnoxious already. She AND Vienna need to go. I see this ending as most of the seasons have.

January 26, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  111. David

The whole thing is just stupid contrived theater with no relation to reality.

January 26, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Rebeca

It still amazes me that a guy thinks that he will find his true love from a group of 25 constestants on a TV SHOW. Nevertheless, it's very entertaining. Ali, I was your biggest fan until you became the class b#&!%. Vienna, you need to grow up. Tenley, you're the best match for Jake, but since the odds are against you as a couple, Jake – give me a call after "The Final Rose" airs!

January 26, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Robotboy

Jake is lame. "People have called me too perfect", too perfectly boring. The man has no edge.
    Ali needs an exorcism, Vienna needs to be medicated, and Jake needs to not be so white bread. There's nothing wrong with being boring but boring gets old, just like it is on this show.

I'm thinking Tenley and Jake are the male and female versions of each other on the boring scale...I vote for Tenley.

January 26, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Marj

Ali, Corrie and Tenley need to go. I hope Jake sees through the three of them and how they are manipulative control freaks. If Jake falls for anyone of the three of them his life will be miserable, as they only want someone to control, especially Ali. She has become the most hated on the show. So what if Vienna is a little immature, she is not nasty, and back stabbing. Some of the very same things the three previously mentioned have called Vienna on they are doing themselves, what's up with that? So it looks more like jealousy than anything, no matter how they choose to justify their bad behavior. Who the heck do they think they are? Their mean streaks have made them all VERY, VERY, VERY unattractive. Jake run away from those three as fast as you can. Oh Yah, I think Vienna is a very pretty woman!

January 26, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  115. CoCo

It's funny how Jake expected Jillian to listen to him about Wes – even after he's eliminated – but he won't listen to Jesse about Vienna. I think he just has the hots for her and is thinking with his second brain.

January 26, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Jessica

I am very proud of Jake, he is being true to his heart and to each girl. He is the first Batchelor that I feel is really ready for a wife and is setting out for just that. I too have come to a place in my life where I am not going to string someone along if I know in my heart it's not right. Even if he realizes that none of the girls are right for him, I will still have the utmost respect for him. So Jake if you're reading this, contact cnn.com for my email!

January 26, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Les

The final 4 are Gia; Ari; Tensley, and yes Vienna. Ari leaves after the home town dates but not sure why but it might be job related. The final 2 are Tensley and yes Vienna. Jake ends up with yes Vienna. All of this comes from a very reliable source.

January 26, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Jean

I have to admit that I don't watch the show regularly...... but do you people actually LIKE Jake? He is cute enough, but seems insincere and just annoying. Am I the only one who reacted to him like fingernails on a chalkboard? He definitely loves having all these women fawn over him. And he is a big drama queen, which is entertaining. I've seen him on a few talk shows and he seems full of himself. Don't hate me, but I can't find him even a little interesting.

January 26, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Kris

I think that he let go of two of the most genuine women in the house (Ella and Kathryn). Given this, I am not sure what he is looking for in a mate. I think the only serious woman left is Tenly. Hopefully Jake will recognize this.

January 26, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  120. guest

Really, who cares. you have to be desperate to compete with 25 other women for a guy. I love to watch this show because its so funny. When he rejects them its hilarious to see them crying and whinning because they put themselves there to begin with. Why are they so shocked? It's humiliating as a women to put yourself threw this crap. This guy has to be gay. It's so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but funny

January 26, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  121. sf

gia will be the one and only. Just wait and see.

January 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  122. deb

To Cherie – That "cheesy" hotel is The Madonna Inn located in San Luis Obispo, CA. It is famous for it's "unique" and romantic rooms, all of which are different and booked up way in advance. Many honeymooners stay there. It's just off the main hwy and people stop in just to see it and have lunch. The bathrooms alone are beautiful. I haven't seen it for probably 20 years now, though, so it may be a little "cheesy", to use your word, now, I don't know.

I'm a little disappointed in Jake. He seems like a nice enough guy but kind of boring and doesn't seem to have a connection with any of the girls. Makes me a little suspicious. The only one I really kind of liked was Ella. She was not only very pretty but the only one who seemed mature in any way, shape or form. The others all seem like 19 year olds. Oh well, the whole thing is a joke anyway but entertaining and funny. You'd think the girls would learn, though, from previous shows to NOT trash each other to the bachelor. It just makes you look bad. Jessie hardly had any air time at all and when she finally had her 2 minutes with Jake she totally blew it by knocking Vienna.

January 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Amanda

I am not really sure what to think of this season...it doesn't look like there are any REAL connections with any of the women, no real conversations taking place...maybe all of that got cut out of the show. In the end I hope he chooses Tinnley...she is really sweet and a REAL woman, and isn't caddy like the rest of them. Jake is choosing his "wife" so he shouldn't waste any of the women's time. kick them off when you don't feel anything. I thought last nights show was great.

January 26, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  124. nj

I agree with everyone in that Ali's complaints are getting very OLD. I like Gia, although she seems very young, and Vienna is down right HOMELY. I'm routing for either Gia or Tinley, but have a feeling Jake has already made up his mind and won't be listening to anyone. None of them are a standout – at least not yet.

January 26, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  125. SAY

Its fun to watch but amazing these girls will profess "love" when they don't have any idea who this person is. I think its more "need" than love. Jake is one of the smartest bachelors......he sees thru the vacant stares and munipulations of these girls. I still only watch for fun.....there is absolutely nothing true or serious about any of this. And, as a self-made woman.....its hard to watch these young women become mere "chattel" for this guy......I thought we had progressed ladies....but, I can't stop laughing and enjoying the show.

January 26, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Nancy

At the beginning of the show, Ali seemed like she would be Jake's pick. However, she turned out to be like most of the other girls, immature and catty. The show certainly didn't do a good job picking 25 girls for him. Tenley seems to be the nicest girl there.

January 26, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Al

The show is WORKING ! None of you have picked GIA.
    She's the hottest , hasn't said anything bad about Vienna, tried to be nuetral, congratulated Vienna for seemingly trying to get along.
    I'm just saying she's being the nice girl. Moreover, this IS a TV show,
    the obvious one can't win because there is no DRAMA. It's the one no one suspects who will win. That seems to be GIA.

January 26, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Spazzz

I liked Ali until she started getting so obsessed with Vienna. Makes you almost want to root for Vienna! Girls its time to stop acting like this is high school and that your girlpack runs the show and decides who is in and who is out–get over it already Ali and Tenley–you're being so ridiculous–focus on yourselves!!!! I miss Jillian–none of these girls have any depth to them!! Jake is milktoast!

January 26, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Adrienne

I just loved when he left the rose ceremony and all the producers and stage hands scattered in front of the cameras. HA! He'll go with Tenley if he has any sense in his head. They're like the perfect, goody goody pair.

January 26, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Dan

Isn't Jake the same guy that crashed last year's show after being eliminated to tell the Bachelorette that another guy had a girlfriend and was not there for her, so why not listen to the other girls that are living with Vienna 24/7 about her personallity that he only sees for a short time. If he can't see this they deserve each other.

January 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Dawn

Gia will be the last girl standing. Ali needs to go, I use to like her, but she is so jealous of Vienna, her personality has become ugly and Vienna is use to getting her way. Go Gia, don't change a thing.

January 26, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  132. JHL

Much of the commentary reminds me of Dan Quayle talking about Murphy Brown as if that show was real.

I wish they had an applause-o-meter or spiked the drinks with a batch of truth serum. That would be entertaining.

January 26, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Kathy

I agree Ali does need to go. Who does she thinks she is. This is Jake's decision and he can decide who is right for him and I hope he can see past all the nonsense.

January 26, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  134. courtney

Team Tenley!!!!!

January 26, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Mouse

Tenley is going to bust it out that she is pregnant and bam... she is gone. I think the show will be over in the next two weeks the way he is going through them. I think it was wrong to send Ella home... WRONG to keep the snausage as well. But, oh well.. who am I to say and choose who he is going to propose to? It is funny and the most drama filled one yet! Maybe in the end Jillie will come back and take him over cheating Eddy! LOL THAT would be hilliarious!

January 26, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Jen

Ali has become very dissapointing.... bummer.

No thank you arrogant snob.

January 26, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Shell

Jason, why are you waisting your time posting here? lol! I can't believe Jake kept Vienna... over Ella? Really?! I like Tenley followed by Gia. Ali was my favorite in the beginning but she is more concerned with Vienna than Jake, get over it concentrate on the reason you are there. Very entertaining!

January 26, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  138. JANE

Vienna is pathetic and overbearing and Jake is seeing this now. Ali is the one he'll go with

January 26, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  139. B. Pettingill

Ali needs to go. Jake needs to stop the show and just pick Vienna and get it over with.

January 26, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Nalysha

This show is pitiful! All the girls are stupid! STOP worrying about the next girl and whining to Jake about why she should go home. Worry about yourself. If he's smart, he won't choose any of them and go on about his business. They're all desperate and pathetic.

January 26, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Julie

Jake is the biggest wimp I have ever seen. He is not a real guy at all. He totally needs to grow a set.

January 26, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Rene

I think these women who go on these shows forget that it is a show and a competion of affection/chemisty. I laugh more than anything when watching, and its truly entertaining when the real person comes out. Yes there is editing for drama effect but they wouldnt have the bad stuff if it didnt happen at some point. As for Ali, i did like her to start but her 'mean' side has shown its ugly face. Vienna isnt doing anything so terrible that things have to turn against her so much. Wake up ladies, you arent there to make friends with each other!

January 26, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Miranda

This show has become a joke. Every season the girls get more slutty and desperate as well as less sophisticated and without manners. Then again, they are all vying for guys who get jerkier so maybe they all deserve one another. I pause for a minute or two when I'm flipping channels just to see if I'm missing anything and I still see idiots doing idiot things. I can't believe people are still watching it and believing the junk Harrison says.

January 26, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  144. John

Jake is too funny and a hypocrite! Remember how he told Jillian about Wes' character and warned her against him; he is doing exactly the same thing Jillian did. I guess it makes better television. I hope he picks the wrong girl and play it off when he is wrong

January 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Jen

Vienna is what the guys refer to as "Butter face".....she is just hard to look at-she's not cute, very desperate, and acts like a spoiled rich girl and she's already referring to Jake as her "boyfriend" and states she is going to marry him. Too many red flags here and if he picks her in the end and they end up splitting, it's his fault. Ali looks like she has putty on her face her make up is soo caked on, and she is another nasty one. Tehlen or whatever her name is, is acting like the good, virginal girl and I don't think she is nearly the good girl she is acting like. I do like Corrine though, but we all know she is too pretty and too good for him and he's going to get rid of her. What a dummy.

January 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Stan

I think we're all forgetting how much of this is scripted, all the way down to what they say to each other on the private dates.

January 26, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  147. J-dog

Was it just me or was the drama at the rose ceremony 'I have to let two go instead of one' just a bit too rehearsed. It's becoming very hard to believe any of it. My guess is the producers have asked Jake to keep Vienna – she has that Jerry Springer/Rachel Uchitel quality that keeps most of America glued to its seats. C'mon – Jake is smarter than that, although he doesn't seem to be interested in the smart ones. Won't matter anyway in a few months from now.

January 26, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Cherie

Am I the only one who noticed that major CHEESY hotel thing they were at last night. All the rooms were named something stupid and decorated from the 70's. Hilarious!!!

January 26, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Laura

I always felt like I may catch a communicable disease whilst watching the Bachelor. I swore off many seasons ago.

January 26, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  150. estella

I think theres way more that goes on behind closed doors than we imagine. Otherwise...... why would every girl in the house not like Vienna? think about it.

January 26, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Jason

I don't understand how this show is still on the air. It's a bunch of idiots trying to outsmart other idiots. It's also full of whores who try to throw themselves at the guy, more than the other girls. I don't understand why anyone would watch this show.

January 26, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  152. suzy diamond

These remaining girls need to WISE UP! They should not be wasting their time talking/worrying about each other but trying to win Jake's heart!
    I use to like Ali until she became obsessed with Vienna. They are all getting too caddy. I vote Tenley as the closest match for Jake.

January 26, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Bonnie

I have not seen any of the issues with Vienna that the others girls seem to be complaining about. Ali reminds me of the movie Mean Girls. You all know which character she is! I actually think besides Ella, Vienna is the only girl I have seen have any chemistry with the Bachelor. I may not watch the finaly though. This years Bachelor seems to be a little boring.

January 26, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  154. rl

I do not know why the girls talk about Vienna like they do. I have not seen that side of her. Ali should be kicked off, I agree. They all are so stupid trying to run Vienna off that they look horrible compared to what I have seen of Vienna

January 26, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  155. kph

best rose ceremony ever! i was so shocked by it my mouth was hanging wide open. jake is so dreamy for being picky. i would so take a rose from him.

January 26, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Crystal

I actually was really disappointed that he sent Ella packing..I loved her..she was so sincere and the date they had when she got to spend time with her son..amazing...but I guess no one wants to be tied down to someone who already has kids...that being said...of the remaining girls..I like Vienna. She can be a bit...dramatic, but she doesn't try to hide anything...she is who she is, like her or not. I liked Ali for the first 2 shows...now I'm just fed up! Brian was right ..who made her queen?!?! I just don't know...I think he'll leave the show the same way he came...with no one!

January 26, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  157. kaitlin

Well what did you all expect??? These people have to be desparate otherwise they wouldn't need to be on TV for love. I mean do these women really have something in common with this guy. isn't he a pilot and if so can they deal with him being gone or are they going to be cheating on him??? I haven't watched this show nor will i start now... but seriously, all this is is drama and y'all are getting all wrapped up into it.

January 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  158. alex

The show is silly and dumb, but I love your commentary! Thank you!

January 26, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Flip

Jake needs to kick Ali to the curb, ASAP! Then he needs to ramp up the raw sexuality a notch by donning a muscle shirt and taking Gia and Vienna on a double-date down at a local Applebees. Now that's television!

January 26, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  160. pattijen

I'm glad everyone else seems to feel as I do about Ali. She started out as a pretty girl, but since seeing all her nastiness and negativity, she looks ugly now. I like Vienna. It must have been hard for her being singled out to be bullied. And I blame Ali for that. I really hope Jake finds the love of his life. I thought he was going to be a pushover on this show, but thankfully, he's not. My husband and I both watch it. It's fun!

January 26, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  161. JG - TX

I quit liking Ali when she was bagging on Vienna & tried to get Crazy Michelle on board – "Come on Michelle, don't you agree about Vienna? It's kind of like a pact." Ali is straight out of a bad episode of Mean Girls & it does not appear she has much chemistry with Jake. All-Too-Bubbly Tenley, while annoying, is probably his best bet, but honestly, I'm not really liking ANY of the girls this season all that much. Jake seems genuine but I don't think he'll find his wife on this show.

January 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  162. kristy

this truly has to be one of the dumbest shows on tv. we americans must be really bored to watch this crap

January 26, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Paula

Brian, I so agree! Who appointed Ali to be Queen and Author of the selection of the women that should or should not be in Jake's life? Ali, worry about you and Jake and let Jake decide who he wants to be with. Isn't that the point of the show?

January 26, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  164. money

Jake won't pick any of them because he is gay. That is why Vienna sausage is still there. She looks most like a man. This is so entertaining to watch but it is funny how the women do not see how really gay he is. The best woman there is Ali. She is hot, confident, and very smart. i think though, someone has told her she looks good in yellow. It is not her best color. She should be the next bachelorette.

January 26, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  165. amyinoaktown

I'm not sure why this reality show is still so popular after so many seasons in which all but 1 "love" connection (Krista) has actually ended in marriage!! Time and time again, it clearly demonstrates that this is not a strategy that works in finding Mr/Mrs. right, as most of them break up seem to break up once the show announces the winner...enough of this reality show! Booorrrring! I stopped watching it about 50 seasons ago.

January 26, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Bachelor Fan

I hope Vienna and Gia are the last two. Ali should have went home last night too. What a Beeyotch. I'll be she'll have all the mouth on the reunion show. Jake will pick who HE likes. Not who Ali likes. At least he's not stringing anyone along. Get it Jake!

January 26, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  167. SUZE

OK so maybe I am too old for this stuff BUT tell me why Jesse wasted her time with Jake talking smack about Vienna rather than using that time to endear herself to him...( after all, did she really believe he was going to listen to her? Would YOU?). AND personally I believe that Ali is using these girls to do her "dirty work" I have noticed how she keeps saying all this bad stuff to the "girls" allowing them to pass the message on to Jake, while she continues to use the "key words" best friend etc! IF she truly believes she is not the girl for Jake why in the world is she still there? I think these girls are way too young for Jake, and agree, he is not going to choose anyone, as is the case with most of these men!

January 26, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  168. Sharon

Statistics show that in the end these couples rarely last. The show is a joke. Don't go on the Bachelor/Bachelorette to find true love. Do it on your own, you will have better luck!

January 26, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  169. Marcia

I quit watching every season, too, because some of the bachelors were just boring, I thought, but this season is a kick!! I think Jake is truly a great guy, yes, picky, but he should be. Especially with this group, for crying out loud. I thought Ella was the most mature and hoped he'd keep her, but it's his heart, right? As for Vienna, the others, focus so much negativity on her, I don't think she's nearly as bad as they portray her to be. And Ali's the ring leader with Corrie as her wing "man". I agree with Brian. She needs to be sent packing.

January 26, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  170. Lauren

Ali has turned into just as much of a b-- as Vienna. Team Tenley, as bubbly as she is, she is the most suitable for Jake.

January 26, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  171. Sydney

I think maybe the Bachelor is trying his hand at acting....I mean come on! to Kathryn: "I love your eyes, I keep getting lost in them" .....I mean really!?? dork. I think its a hoot!

January 26, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  172. Terry Urbinati

Grow up girls!!! Finding the perfect mate takes time and patience. #1 For a
    real relationship,looks is skin deep. #2 become friends. #3 learn to listen and communicate with honesty. Then, and only then, there will be love and hopefully marriage and a long term relaionship.

Bnds

January 26, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  173. Mary

I agree, Brian. I quit watching The Bachelor because the always broke up later. Now, however, I watch the show as a comedy. I think it hilarious Vienna got a rose. I was hoping she would just to watch Ali make herself look stupid and b*!@hy.

January 26, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  174. Marion

This is great! I don't believe that Jake will pick any of them in the end.
    They just don't seem to be in the same league as him. they all need to grow up.
    Marion

January 26, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  175. Brian

My girlfriend and I are loving this. Ali is becoming irksome and she needs to go...who died and made her queen, anyway?!

January 26, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |